Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Lore Review-is it icy enough?
Hi, everyone. I was just wondering what you peeps think of this lore so far. @DeadlyFang does it seem icy enough for an ice flight subspecies.

If you notice any grammar and/or spelling mistakes let me know. I try my best but whenever I read something I wrote, especially if I remember what it is about, I tend to miss most mistakes I make.

I am sorry in advance for the large text-blocks. Please forgive me.

Also, do not take anything seriously. Nothing here is meant to disrespect any flight or dragon species.

Water:
A long, long time ago, there lived a small school of koi guardians who swam their fishy lives in the blue depths of the Sea of a Thousand Currents along with other numerous water flight dragons, colorful fish of various kinds, and the rare leviathan here and there. In this primordial sea, lived the Tidelord and the he had this bad habit of pouring out limitless prophesies. For a while, the koi regarded them with high importance for he was their god, but after some time they became a nuisance. The Tidelord constantly rambled innumerable prophecies, he rambled on so much that this small group of residents finally got fed up with them. These koi believed his noise to be a distraction to their true goal. They wanted to find their charge just like other guardians, but they never could with the constant prophesies the Tidelord spewed out.

They were tired of the Tidelord’s noise, they wanted to leave. They tried to escape his rapidly flowing predications, but nowhere in the Sea of a Thousand Currents could they find peace. They swam all over the Leviathan Trench. Even from the deepest depth to the farthest side there was no swimming away. They tried the Fishspine Reef, but not even the deepest cave offered them their silence. They tried the Tsunami flats, but the result was the same. They could still hear the Tidelord.

The water flight was their home. It had been so for a great many years. This place was their lives, a part of them eternally. But they needed to leave, they could not take it anymore. They finally left.

Wind:
After traveling across the endless sea, the koi guardians finally reached land. There they met a soft pleasant breeze. They have arrived at the Windswept Plateau. While they were used to the current of the deep sea they were not use to the current of winds. The place was unfamiliar to them. There was no water in front of them, only a vast plane. But the Tidelord’s echoing voice edged them forward into the Zephyr Steppes.

They walked onward. The grass gave them a foreign yet familiar sensation. It reminded them of the sea grass of their home. The same was true for the wind. Their current remined them of the sea currents. Already they were feel a bit of nostalgia. They wanted to swim through these current like they could in water, but they did not know how. For many years, they lived in the sea and had never used their wings for anything other turning in the water and the air did not suspend them like water did. The though made them melancholy that they could no longer swim as they could before. But, they still trudged onward.

Not long after their journey did they see dragons of a different noodly and butterfly-ish kind. They were not bulky like them, they were streamline and they were swimming in the air! They could not believe it but there were dragons who were suspended in the air. The koi thought it was impossible. It was unbelievable, yet this was happening in front of their very eyes. They were astounded. They were mesmerized. They were curious. They wanted to do the same as well. They asked the other dragons how they could swim in the air. They got funny stare and response. “Do you not know what those things on your back are?” The koi didn’t really get it. They knew what the noodle like dragons were talking about, just not how they could be used for such an impossible task. They asked the noodles how they used these “wings” to “fly.” The noodles agreed to help and they slowly taught them how to swim in the currents of the sky.

They were trained by the noodles from the Zephyr Steppes to the Reedcleft Ascent. After several years passed, the koi finally earned their wings. They resembled those of the noodles that helped them: butterfly wings. They were finally able to swim in the sky. They enjoyed it. It was a home away from home. A home away from the Tidelord’s rambles. They were free and they could fly.

After many years passed, this small population of koi changed. The bulky natures of the guardians made flight difficult. Eventually their population became one of spirals (like the noodles they met before) and skydancers. New colors also emerged. They were no longer the plain orange, black, or white colors they use to be. They now had blues, greens, red, and purples as well. They kept their koi patterned bodies though, it was the only remained of their past home, which was almost forgotten entirely except by the eldest of the clan’s elders.

Ragnarok:
This peace did not last forever. The elders had almost forgotten about the Tidelord’s rambling and were ready to die in peace, but one day a voice was heard by them all. It started out as a whisper. A whisper so light, that is way mistaken for the wind, but it grew louder as days passed. It grew so loud that it was as if he was right there next to their ears pouring out predictions.

They needed to leave again to escape it, but they did not want to. The thought they finally found a home away from home. A place of freedom of joy, but they were trapped yet again. They had to leave, but they did not know where. They know nothing of what lied beyond the horizon of the sea past the Windswept Plateau. They did not even know if they could survive the Twisting Crescendo’s vortex. They went anyway, because they had no other choice. They prayed that they may survive. They hoped that after the vortex, land was not too far away, because even with their new wings they could not fly forever.

It was on the edge of vortex that the met Ragnarok.

They had never seen anything this dark before. It was darker than the night; pure obsidian.

They feared it was they shade, but it wasn’t. It was a great imperial which stood before them. His body was the darkest they have ever seen of anything. No light even reflected off his body. It was only pitch blackness. He stood in great contrast to the world around them. They were used to the bright colors of Windswept Plateau, with its bright greens and cheerful oranges. Not even any of the fish from the Sea of a Thousand Current were as dark as him. The clan was scared, they feared for their lives.

But a soft voice spoke to them. He asked “Why are you here when you don’t seem like the types to test your courage, especially when you all look so scared?” The question surprised the koi clan. Yes, they were afraid. They were afraid of him and the vortex, but maybe not of him anymore. They told them why they wished to test the vortex and he nodded. He told them “What you seek beyond this vortex is the land of ice, the Southern Icefield, my homeland. The journey is long and difficult. Only those who have courage can survive to touch its shores. I can show you the way, but first you must test your courage here. If you can follow me to the eye, I will guide you.”

Many were distrust what the mysterious dark dragon said. Many did not believe him. How could they? He was only a stranger who spoke of a land they knew nothing about. But what choice did they have? They were planning to cross the vortex anyway not knowing if there is land beyond or not. So, they flew into the vortex.

Some did not make it but many did. They were finally at the eye and there they found the dark dragon. He said “To those of you who are here, I will show you the land of ice. My name is Ragnarok. If you wish to see my homeland follow me.”

They followed him.

Arcane:
They clan of the koi followed him. He flew along the coast of the Starfall Isles, stopping only when he needed to rest. When other grew tired he let them rest on his back as he flew.

He was once asked why he was so dark that not h=even light reflected of his scale. He told them “I was once as white as the snow of my homeland. However, unlike other dragons who lose their color as they age, I grew darker in color. I stood out on the landscape and could not catch anything to eat. I would have settled for plant but the Southern Icefields are mostly barren of vegetation. So, I flew strait across the water and through that vortex into the Windswept Plateau.”

They continued onward. As they flew across the coast of the Starfall Isles, a bunch of fae dragons joined them in their journey. They did not quite understand why they joined them, but the hunch was that they joined out of curiosity. They loved to hide in Ragnarok’s mane.

Ice:
After their long journey, they finally arrive at the Southern Icefield’s Frigid Floes. Ragnarok welcomed them to his homeland. It was here in this frozen land that the Tidelord’s predictions could never reach them.

After many, many years, the landscape change changed the clan. The bright colors that they were so used to made them stand out. In this frozen wasteland, standing out meant death. They could not hunt and the brightest of the clan withered away. Those who folded their wings in could survive and keep their colors. But all of the dragons eventually gained a black and white piebald pattern on the bodies. It suited them, for the Frigid Floes are an area of bright white ice and pitch black water. They could survive and make this land their home, no matter how harsh it is. This was their safe haven.

Ragnarok lived many years and survived many generations. He had led this clan back to his homeland and had seen their courage. The clan was eternally grateful to him for leading the way to their safe haven. He and them considered each other family. He taught them how to survive in this harsh and unforgiving landscape, how to use the land for their benefit, and how and where to make homes. He was the leader figure of the clan and everyone would go to him for even a piece of his wisdom.

Ragnarok was very old to start with, but even so he lived on and on. He grew older and darker. No light reflected off his scales even when the sun was completely out and the ice burned with its brightness. The clan knew he was old and his time would come soon. They would always do their best to collect and much food as he needed and would always try to give him the best of any medicine. But, he would refuse their offerings. He knew they would not help him, his time was coming and there was nothing to be done. He would rather they keep the food and medicine they gathered for him for themselves. He thought of them all as his children and he wanted to protect them with all of his strength. It saddened him whenever one of the dragons died.

One day after many more years, Ragnarok disappeared. No one knew where he went but everyone knew why he went. He, like other imperials, went away to his own grave. He was very old when this happened and many were surprised he could move so silently and quickly still.

Many tried to look for him. They wanted to give him thanks for leading their ancestors here. Others looked for his grave so they could give him a proper burial. Others disagree and argue that he died the way an imperial dies and that in itself is proper enough. However, others search for him for sheer amusement or curiosity. Such dragons are looked down upon in the clan.

Still, other dragons like to wonder. Even though they have no intension to look for his grave, they just wonder. Many speculate he went to the Cloudscrape Crags. They were sure he went there to test the courage of those who wish to see his grave. Some say he went there to test his own courage and was unable to return. Others speculate that he went back to the vortex of the Twisting Crescendo. Some say he could have even gone to the birth place of all imperials, the Sunbeam Ruins.

But above all, almost all believe that he went to the Fortress of Ends. The believe he locked himself up in the unbreakable ice with the rest of the unknowns. They knew he loved his homeland and they knew he would love to eternally be a part of it. They also believe that this lets him forever watch over his clan.

Legend has it that when Ragnarok truly hits, be it the Tidelord’s rambling or some other calamity, a Butterfly Koi will come to the Fortress of Ends and Ragnarok will bestow upon them the wisdom to find peace again.
Hi, everyone. I was just wondering what you peeps think of this lore so far. @DeadlyFang does it seem icy enough for an ice flight subspecies.

If you notice any grammar and/or spelling mistakes let me know. I try my best but whenever I read something I wrote, especially if I remember what it is about, I tend to miss most mistakes I make.

I am sorry in advance for the large text-blocks. Please forgive me.

Also, do not take anything seriously. Nothing here is meant to disrespect any flight or dragon species.

Water:
A long, long time ago, there lived a small school of koi guardians who swam their fishy lives in the blue depths of the Sea of a Thousand Currents along with other numerous water flight dragons, colorful fish of various kinds, and the rare leviathan here and there. In this primordial sea, lived the Tidelord and the he had this bad habit of pouring out limitless prophesies. For a while, the koi regarded them with high importance for he was their god, but after some time they became a nuisance. The Tidelord constantly rambled innumerable prophecies, he rambled on so much that this small group of residents finally got fed up with them. These koi believed his noise to be a distraction to their true goal. They wanted to find their charge just like other guardians, but they never could with the constant prophesies the Tidelord spewed out.

They were tired of the Tidelord’s noise, they wanted to leave. They tried to escape his rapidly flowing predications, but nowhere in the Sea of a Thousand Currents could they find peace. They swam all over the Leviathan Trench. Even from the deepest depth to the farthest side there was no swimming away. They tried the Fishspine Reef, but not even the deepest cave offered them their silence. They tried the Tsunami flats, but the result was the same. They could still hear the Tidelord.

The water flight was their home. It had been so for a great many years. This place was their lives, a part of them eternally. But they needed to leave, they could not take it anymore. They finally left.

Wind:
After traveling across the endless sea, the koi guardians finally reached land. There they met a soft pleasant breeze. They have arrived at the Windswept Plateau. While they were used to the current of the deep sea they were not use to the current of winds. The place was unfamiliar to them. There was no water in front of them, only a vast plane. But the Tidelord’s echoing voice edged them forward into the Zephyr Steppes.

They walked onward. The grass gave them a foreign yet familiar sensation. It reminded them of the sea grass of their home. The same was true for the wind. Their current remined them of the sea currents. Already they were feel a bit of nostalgia. They wanted to swim through these current like they could in water, but they did not know how. For many years, they lived in the sea and had never used their wings for anything other turning in the water and the air did not suspend them like water did. The though made them melancholy that they could no longer swim as they could before. But, they still trudged onward.

Not long after their journey did they see dragons of a different noodly and butterfly-ish kind. They were not bulky like them, they were streamline and they were swimming in the air! They could not believe it but there were dragons who were suspended in the air. The koi thought it was impossible. It was unbelievable, yet this was happening in front of their very eyes. They were astounded. They were mesmerized. They were curious. They wanted to do the same as well. They asked the other dragons how they could swim in the air. They got funny stare and response. “Do you not know what those things on your back are?” The koi didn’t really get it. They knew what the noodle like dragons were talking about, just not how they could be used for such an impossible task. They asked the noodles how they used these “wings” to “fly.” The noodles agreed to help and they slowly taught them how to swim in the currents of the sky.

They were trained by the noodles from the Zephyr Steppes to the Reedcleft Ascent. After several years passed, the koi finally earned their wings. They resembled those of the noodles that helped them: butterfly wings. They were finally able to swim in the sky. They enjoyed it. It was a home away from home. A home away from the Tidelord’s rambles. They were free and they could fly.

After many years passed, this small population of koi changed. The bulky natures of the guardians made flight difficult. Eventually their population became one of spirals (like the noodles they met before) and skydancers. New colors also emerged. They were no longer the plain orange, black, or white colors they use to be. They now had blues, greens, red, and purples as well. They kept their koi patterned bodies though, it was the only remained of their past home, which was almost forgotten entirely except by the eldest of the clan’s elders.

Ragnarok:
This peace did not last forever. The elders had almost forgotten about the Tidelord’s rambling and were ready to die in peace, but one day a voice was heard by them all. It started out as a whisper. A whisper so light, that is way mistaken for the wind, but it grew louder as days passed. It grew so loud that it was as if he was right there next to their ears pouring out predictions.

They needed to leave again to escape it, but they did not want to. The thought they finally found a home away from home. A place of freedom of joy, but they were trapped yet again. They had to leave, but they did not know where. They know nothing of what lied beyond the horizon of the sea past the Windswept Plateau. They did not even know if they could survive the Twisting Crescendo’s vortex. They went anyway, because they had no other choice. They prayed that they may survive. They hoped that after the vortex, land was not too far away, because even with their new wings they could not fly forever.

It was on the edge of vortex that the met Ragnarok.

They had never seen anything this dark before. It was darker than the night; pure obsidian.

They feared it was they shade, but it wasn’t. It was a great imperial which stood before them. His body was the darkest they have ever seen of anything. No light even reflected off his body. It was only pitch blackness. He stood in great contrast to the world around them. They were used to the bright colors of Windswept Plateau, with its bright greens and cheerful oranges. Not even any of the fish from the Sea of a Thousand Current were as dark as him. The clan was scared, they feared for their lives.

But a soft voice spoke to them. He asked “Why are you here when you don’t seem like the types to test your courage, especially when you all look so scared?” The question surprised the koi clan. Yes, they were afraid. They were afraid of him and the vortex, but maybe not of him anymore. They told them why they wished to test the vortex and he nodded. He told them “What you seek beyond this vortex is the land of ice, the Southern Icefield, my homeland. The journey is long and difficult. Only those who have courage can survive to touch its shores. I can show you the way, but first you must test your courage here. If you can follow me to the eye, I will guide you.”

Many were distrust what the mysterious dark dragon said. Many did not believe him. How could they? He was only a stranger who spoke of a land they knew nothing about. But what choice did they have? They were planning to cross the vortex anyway not knowing if there is land beyond or not. So, they flew into the vortex.

Some did not make it but many did. They were finally at the eye and there they found the dark dragon. He said “To those of you who are here, I will show you the land of ice. My name is Ragnarok. If you wish to see my homeland follow me.”

They followed him.

Arcane:
They clan of the koi followed him. He flew along the coast of the Starfall Isles, stopping only when he needed to rest. When other grew tired he let them rest on his back as he flew.

He was once asked why he was so dark that not h=even light reflected of his scale. He told them “I was once as white as the snow of my homeland. However, unlike other dragons who lose their color as they age, I grew darker in color. I stood out on the landscape and could not catch anything to eat. I would have settled for plant but the Southern Icefields are mostly barren of vegetation. So, I flew strait across the water and through that vortex into the Windswept Plateau.”

They continued onward. As they flew across the coast of the Starfall Isles, a bunch of fae dragons joined them in their journey. They did not quite understand why they joined them, but the hunch was that they joined out of curiosity. They loved to hide in Ragnarok’s mane.

Ice:
After their long journey, they finally arrive at the Southern Icefield’s Frigid Floes. Ragnarok welcomed them to his homeland. It was here in this frozen land that the Tidelord’s predictions could never reach them.

After many, many years, the landscape change changed the clan. The bright colors that they were so used to made them stand out. In this frozen wasteland, standing out meant death. They could not hunt and the brightest of the clan withered away. Those who folded their wings in could survive and keep their colors. But all of the dragons eventually gained a black and white piebald pattern on the bodies. It suited them, for the Frigid Floes are an area of bright white ice and pitch black water. They could survive and make this land their home, no matter how harsh it is. This was their safe haven.

Ragnarok lived many years and survived many generations. He had led this clan back to his homeland and had seen their courage. The clan was eternally grateful to him for leading the way to their safe haven. He and them considered each other family. He taught them how to survive in this harsh and unforgiving landscape, how to use the land for their benefit, and how and where to make homes. He was the leader figure of the clan and everyone would go to him for even a piece of his wisdom.

Ragnarok was very old to start with, but even so he lived on and on. He grew older and darker. No light reflected off his scales even when the sun was completely out and the ice burned with its brightness. The clan knew he was old and his time would come soon. They would always do their best to collect and much food as he needed and would always try to give him the best of any medicine. But, he would refuse their offerings. He knew they would not help him, his time was coming and there was nothing to be done. He would rather they keep the food and medicine they gathered for him for themselves. He thought of them all as his children and he wanted to protect them with all of his strength. It saddened him whenever one of the dragons died.

One day after many more years, Ragnarok disappeared. No one knew where he went but everyone knew why he went. He, like other imperials, went away to his own grave. He was very old when this happened and many were surprised he could move so silently and quickly still.

Many tried to look for him. They wanted to give him thanks for leading their ancestors here. Others looked for his grave so they could give him a proper burial. Others disagree and argue that he died the way an imperial dies and that in itself is proper enough. However, others search for him for sheer amusement or curiosity. Such dragons are looked down upon in the clan.

Still, other dragons like to wonder. Even though they have no intension to look for his grave, they just wonder. Many speculate he went to the Cloudscrape Crags. They were sure he went there to test the courage of those who wish to see his grave. Some say he went there to test his own courage and was unable to return. Others speculate that he went back to the vortex of the Twisting Crescendo. Some say he could have even gone to the birth place of all imperials, the Sunbeam Ruins.

But above all, almost all believe that he went to the Fortress of Ends. The believe he locked himself up in the unbreakable ice with the rest of the unknowns. They knew he loved his homeland and they knew he would love to eternally be a part of it. They also believe that this lets him forever watch over his clan.

Legend has it that when Ragnarok truly hits, be it the Tidelord’s rambling or some other calamity, a Butterfly Koi will come to the Fortress of Ends and Ragnarok will bestow upon them the wisdom to find peace again.
zG8flQj.gif
anyone?
anyone?
zG8flQj.gif
@SilentWings

I have a cold and internet trouble (awesome combo) I'll take a look the first real chance I get. Let's see what the other Ice Subspecies Organizers think!

@Alyxsandre, @Shewolf13
@SilentWings

I have a cold and internet trouble (awesome combo) I'll take a look the first real chance I get. Let's see what the other Ice Subspecies Organizers think!

@Alyxsandre, @Shewolf13
6jinxGw.gifYhZESmf.pngGEiGsqG.pngylmCoHN.pngrmCl6LF.pngCcnk6GC.gif
@DeadlyFang

hope you get to feeling well again
@DeadlyFang

hope you get to feeling well again
zG8flQj.gif
@DeadlyFang More info continued. Sorry this is so long

Ice Part II:
After the death of Ragnarok, they clan was lost. Ragnarok had guided them for many years. They all remembered what he taught, but they now longer had easy answers to any forthcoming problems. They had to learn to survive without him.

Still, even with the knowledge Ragnarok gave them, life in the Frigid Floes was harsh. They Butterfly Koi always kept their wings shut so they would remain unseen when they hunt. But, food was scarce. It was a wonder that they survived until now. They did not know what to do anymore, they were starving. The patience and techniques Ragnarok taught them, as useful and wonderful as they were, were of no help in the barren landscape. They were so alone, so helpless, without Ragnarok.

One day, when the clan was on the brink of death, a great white mist shrouded the land. The clan was confused, the floes were usually clear and even if there was a mist it was small. But this mist was great, hardly anything could be seen. The clan huddled together with the last of their strength so they could be together. They feared this was the end.

Suddenly a light appeared in the mist. It was a small light, barely noticeable. The light began to slowly move and as it moved it grew.

It grew and grew, and as it grew in size so did it grow in brightness.

When the light finally reached them, it was overwhelming. The light surrounded them. From that light appeared a winged shadow.

Dragons around believed the shadow to be Ragnarok. Their hopes escalated and the though he had finally returned to help them again. But the light began to shrink. It was moving away. Was Ragnarok leaving them? They did not want to be alone anymore, they wanted him back.

They followed the light in the mist.

Unknowingly to them, the world under them began to change. Less and less water separated ice patches. The ice eventually became a solid sheet and that solid sheet grew patches of grass here and there. Bare soil marked paths and trees lined the skies. They were now in the Snowsquall Tundra.

The light stopped and so did they. Did Ragnarok notice them at last?

The light and the shadow within disappeared. The Butterfly Koi panicked. They wondered where he went. What was the whole point of this? Was that really Ragnarok?

The mist slowly dissipated and the Snowsquall Tundra became clear to them. All around them was vegetation. Bird and insects scattered about. A new haven lay open before them.

Edit: even more info. this is the last of it.
Lore:
Within the Snowsquall Tundra on the border of the Cloudscrape Crags lies a colony of a particular sort. Their bodies portray curios patterns of black and white and their wings boast proudly every color imaginable. They are the Butterfly Koi of the Southern Icefields. They are a courageous bunch who’s pride is the lessons taught to them by their great savior Ragnarok. They are known for their bright wings which they somehow are able to keep even in the vast white landscape. They are master illusionists, who are able to contort their bodies and manipulate their bright wings into almost any shape. They honor the homes and traditions of their ancestors and the lessons Ragnarok taught them.

Growth:
Butterfly Koi nests are made in the Frigid Flows of the Southern Icefields. Once hatched, Butterfly Koi only display colors of black and white. Their wings also remain folded until they are mature enough to return to their color on the Snowsquall Tundra. If they did not, they would lose their camouflage and become easy prey for anything bigger than them.

Butterfly Koi parents will only tend to their nest until their children hatch. As soon as they hatch, the parents abandon the nest. They do this in order to ensure that that their hatchlings are courageous and strong enough to endure on their own. Some parents will stay behind and watch over their young, but they are forbidden to ever interact with them or help them. Those that do are frowned upon and are considered weak.

Once a Butterfly Koi has matured, their wings will be in full bloom and they are ready to join their colony. Even without help, most Butterfly Koi that survive to maturity are able to find their colony, due to their internal home seekers. Those that return to their colony are welcomed and those that don’t are mourned. For those that do return a celebration is held in their honor for their bravery, courage, and strength.

Traditions:
Every third month Butterfly Koi colonies will gather around the base of the Cloudscrape Crags to honor the great Ragnarok. There members of their colonies test their courage by finding a trinket from the highest point on the mountain they can get to. After finding a trinket, the Butterfly Koi will race down the mountain. Dragons are scored based on the height they went to, the colorfulness of the trinket, and the speed in which they accomplished the task. The winner is held in high regard and has a celebration in their honor. Their trinket is given to the colony’s leader to wear as well. Though not all Butterfly Koi are required to compete, those who have just matured are.

Habits:
Butterfly Koi are known for picking up anything that is colorful or shines. What they pick up placed either on themselves or around their homes. Never will a trinket be given to another, but sometimes trinkets will be stolen by others. The more trinkets a dragon has, the more courageous they are seen by other Butterfly Koi, due to the bright noticeable colors giving them away on hunts and making them easy target of prey. Those with dull colored wings are tend to have more trinket on them than other Butterfly Koi in order to hide their dullness. Butterfly Koi also determine their mate based off the number and quality of trinkets the other has on them and around their lair.

Diet:
Butterfly Koi have a diet mainly consisting of insects. When hunting for insects they use their bright colors and flexible bodies to their advantage. They will bury their bodies in the snow and stock their wings out into the shape of a flower. At the base of the “flower” lies their jaws, which are ready to snap up any unaware insects to their doom.

Social:
Though loud in visual aspects, Butterfly Koi tend to be the quiet kind who keep to themselves. They don’t really talk much to outsiders and when they talk to others in their colony they tend to only boast about themselves and their courage. They often compare their trinkets to each other’s. Sometimes this lead to argument and feuds, but more often than not the ones who are fighting will have a contest to see who if better.

Tactics:
The Butterfly Koi are masters of illusion. Their flexible bodies are capable if twisting into all sorts of shapes. Some are even capable of using their bright colors to hypnotize their foes. They are more often than not used as spies due to their tricks. But don’t be fooled into thinking their harmless. They all have broad ranges of attacks which they developed through hundreds of years of surviving on the ice. They proficient in using both physical and magical attacks to defeat their foes. Their weakness lies in that they tend to work alone and can be outnumbered easily.
@DeadlyFang More info continued. Sorry this is so long

Ice Part II:
After the death of Ragnarok, they clan was lost. Ragnarok had guided them for many years. They all remembered what he taught, but they now longer had easy answers to any forthcoming problems. They had to learn to survive without him.

Still, even with the knowledge Ragnarok gave them, life in the Frigid Floes was harsh. They Butterfly Koi always kept their wings shut so they would remain unseen when they hunt. But, food was scarce. It was a wonder that they survived until now. They did not know what to do anymore, they were starving. The patience and techniques Ragnarok taught them, as useful and wonderful as they were, were of no help in the barren landscape. They were so alone, so helpless, without Ragnarok.

One day, when the clan was on the brink of death, a great white mist shrouded the land. The clan was confused, the floes were usually clear and even if there was a mist it was small. But this mist was great, hardly anything could be seen. The clan huddled together with the last of their strength so they could be together. They feared this was the end.

Suddenly a light appeared in the mist. It was a small light, barely noticeable. The light began to slowly move and as it moved it grew.

It grew and grew, and as it grew in size so did it grow in brightness.

When the light finally reached them, it was overwhelming. The light surrounded them. From that light appeared a winged shadow.

Dragons around believed the shadow to be Ragnarok. Their hopes escalated and the though he had finally returned to help them again. But the light began to shrink. It was moving away. Was Ragnarok leaving them? They did not want to be alone anymore, they wanted him back.

They followed the light in the mist.

Unknowingly to them, the world under them began to change. Less and less water separated ice patches. The ice eventually became a solid sheet and that solid sheet grew patches of grass here and there. Bare soil marked paths and trees lined the skies. They were now in the Snowsquall Tundra.

The light stopped and so did they. Did Ragnarok notice them at last?

The light and the shadow within disappeared. The Butterfly Koi panicked. They wondered where he went. What was the whole point of this? Was that really Ragnarok?

The mist slowly dissipated and the Snowsquall Tundra became clear to them. All around them was vegetation. Bird and insects scattered about. A new haven lay open before them.

Edit: even more info. this is the last of it.
Lore:
Within the Snowsquall Tundra on the border of the Cloudscrape Crags lies a colony of a particular sort. Their bodies portray curios patterns of black and white and their wings boast proudly every color imaginable. They are the Butterfly Koi of the Southern Icefields. They are a courageous bunch who’s pride is the lessons taught to them by their great savior Ragnarok. They are known for their bright wings which they somehow are able to keep even in the vast white landscape. They are master illusionists, who are able to contort their bodies and manipulate their bright wings into almost any shape. They honor the homes and traditions of their ancestors and the lessons Ragnarok taught them.

Growth:
Butterfly Koi nests are made in the Frigid Flows of the Southern Icefields. Once hatched, Butterfly Koi only display colors of black and white. Their wings also remain folded until they are mature enough to return to their color on the Snowsquall Tundra. If they did not, they would lose their camouflage and become easy prey for anything bigger than them.

Butterfly Koi parents will only tend to their nest until their children hatch. As soon as they hatch, the parents abandon the nest. They do this in order to ensure that that their hatchlings are courageous and strong enough to endure on their own. Some parents will stay behind and watch over their young, but they are forbidden to ever interact with them or help them. Those that do are frowned upon and are considered weak.

Once a Butterfly Koi has matured, their wings will be in full bloom and they are ready to join their colony. Even without help, most Butterfly Koi that survive to maturity are able to find their colony, due to their internal home seekers. Those that return to their colony are welcomed and those that don’t are mourned. For those that do return a celebration is held in their honor for their bravery, courage, and strength.

Traditions:
Every third month Butterfly Koi colonies will gather around the base of the Cloudscrape Crags to honor the great Ragnarok. There members of their colonies test their courage by finding a trinket from the highest point on the mountain they can get to. After finding a trinket, the Butterfly Koi will race down the mountain. Dragons are scored based on the height they went to, the colorfulness of the trinket, and the speed in which they accomplished the task. The winner is held in high regard and has a celebration in their honor. Their trinket is given to the colony’s leader to wear as well. Though not all Butterfly Koi are required to compete, those who have just matured are.

Habits:
Butterfly Koi are known for picking up anything that is colorful or shines. What they pick up placed either on themselves or around their homes. Never will a trinket be given to another, but sometimes trinkets will be stolen by others. The more trinkets a dragon has, the more courageous they are seen by other Butterfly Koi, due to the bright noticeable colors giving them away on hunts and making them easy target of prey. Those with dull colored wings are tend to have more trinket on them than other Butterfly Koi in order to hide their dullness. Butterfly Koi also determine their mate based off the number and quality of trinkets the other has on them and around their lair.

Diet:
Butterfly Koi have a diet mainly consisting of insects. When hunting for insects they use their bright colors and flexible bodies to their advantage. They will bury their bodies in the snow and stock their wings out into the shape of a flower. At the base of the “flower” lies their jaws, which are ready to snap up any unaware insects to their doom.

Social:
Though loud in visual aspects, Butterfly Koi tend to be the quiet kind who keep to themselves. They don’t really talk much to outsiders and when they talk to others in their colony they tend to only boast about themselves and their courage. They often compare their trinkets to each other’s. Sometimes this lead to argument and feuds, but more often than not the ones who are fighting will have a contest to see who if better.

Tactics:
The Butterfly Koi are masters of illusion. Their flexible bodies are capable if twisting into all sorts of shapes. Some are even capable of using their bright colors to hypnotize their foes. They are more often than not used as spies due to their tricks. But don’t be fooled into thinking their harmless. They all have broad ranges of attacks which they developed through hundreds of years of surviving on the ice. They proficient in using both physical and magical attacks to defeat their foes. Their weakness lies in that they tend to work alone and can be outnumbered easily.
zG8flQj.gif
all done. any thoughts anyone?
all done. any thoughts anyone?
zG8flQj.gif