Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Death Untold: Sornieth World Games
1 2
[center][b][font=papyrus][size=6][color=maroon]Death Untold[/size][/font][/b][/color] [font=calibri][size=4]This thread will be for my writings for the Sornieth World Games. Please don't post here. If you'd like to be pinged for the writings, please message me or post a note on my clan profile :) Links: [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2142548]First Sornieth World Games[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2136272/4#post_26095516]First Entry[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2136272/11#post_26384873]Second Entry[/url] [b]The first tournament winners are the triplets, Nolofinwe, Lalwende and Arafinwe![/b] [columns][color=transparent]============== [nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27576325] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/275764/27576325.png[/img] [/url] [color=transparent]===[/color]Nolofinwe Cold - Murderous [nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27576323] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/275764/27576323.png[/img] [/url] [color=transparent]===[/color]Arafinwe Dangerous - Angry [nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27576324] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/275764/27576324.png[/img] [/url] [color=transparent]====[/color]Lalwende Cunning - Seductive [/columns] [columns][color=transparent]============== [nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29979313] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/299794/29979313.png[/img] [/url] Sly - Silver-Tongued [nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28831061] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/288311/28831061.png[/img] [/url] Passionate - Fierce [nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28927414] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/289275/28927414.png[/img] [/url] Talented - Loving[/columns] [font=calibri][size=4]Pinging myself because I keep losing this thread. @Impception Pinglist: @/PheonixPonder @/TroubleInSevens @/zzzhorses
Death Untold

This thread will be for my writings for the Sornieth World Games. Please don't post here. If you'd like to be pinged for the writings, please message me or post a note on my clan profile :)

Links: First Sornieth World Games | First Entry | Second Entry

The first tournament winners are the triplets, Nolofinwe, Lalwende and Arafinwe!

==============

27576325.png

===Nolofinwe
Cold - Murderous

27576323.png

===Arafinwe
Dangerous - Angry

27576324.png

====Lalwende
Cunning - Seductive
==============

29979313.png

Sly - Silver-Tongued

28831061.png

Passionate - Fierce

28927414.png

Talented - Loving

Pinging myself because I keep losing this thread. @Impception

Pinglist: @/PheonixPonder @/TroubleInSevens @/zzzhorses
HmDNA2Z.pngaq6I7xx.png6fgBqVP.pngXSEmIC3.pngC387vBf.pngwqtPSTI.pngglDwE4l.pngOqryMgB.pnggJXSVmH.png
Going Into Battle: Day One

Starting exp: 0
Ending Exp: 4956
Number of battles: 40

When the day started, it was like any other. The sun rose, birds chirped, and triplet dragons stepped out of their large hut on the fringes of Legion's territory. Lalwende led the way, her sickly sweet stench filling the air around the triplets. The sweet scent barely covered the aura of death that blanketed the three at all times. Riding on Arafinwe's shoulders was a tiny Coatl with the brightest red eyes the three had ever seen.

Curling his tail around the forever small dragon, Nolofinwe lifted her from his brother's shoulders and set her down on the ground. She shook herself off, stretching her tiny legs with a wide yawn. For such a wretched being, she was gloriously cute. She sat at Arafinwe's feet, stub of a tail curling around her feet. The youngest sibling lowered his head, ruffling her feathers gently with his snout. This earned Arafinwe a smack to his nose from the Coatl, though it was merely in play. He blew out at her, rolling her over with the sudden gust of air. Before they could engage further in play fighting, Nolofinwe's sharp voice brought them to attention.

"Enough. We have things we must get done. Ainairos, Cassius has use of you in the pig pen," The large Imperial's voice was rough, raising the hairs along Arafinwe's spine. Nolofinwe glanced over at him, then lowered his head to look at Ainairos, "Go. We will be with you tonight." When the tiny Coatl had scampered off, Nolofinwe turned to his siblings. His tail brushed under Arafinwe's chin, lifting it to view him, "Cassius has an assignment for us that I believe we will excel at. There is a game of sorts that we are to participate in. He wishes us to take part in a 'Sornieth World Games' and bring victory to Legion."

The youngest sibling scoffed, jerking his head from his brother's grasp, turning his back to him, "Why do you even put up with that pathetic lump of fetid feces?" Nolofinwe snorted, leaning forward and snagging Arafinwe by the scruff of his neck. He all but dragged his younger sibling back, dropping him in a small heap on the ground at his feet. The action caused Arafinwe to sprawl out, looking up at his older brother in irritation, "What? You know it's true! He's pathetic! All this 'I'll rule the world, I'll do anything to be the best' crap... T'ch. It makes me sick. I don't understand why we don't just eliminate him and give Mother the run of the world..."

Nolofinwe's lips curved upward in amusement as he sat next to his pouting brother, "Because, believe it or not, Cassius is a key component in our goals." Arafinwe sighed, glancing toward his silent sister, locking his gaze on hers. She gazed back, silent and unassuming, her tail flicking in contentment from her place amidst the flowers that grew in the bed outside their home. When he got no answer from her, the youngest dragon stood, turning his back on his brother once more. He crossed to his sister, taking a seat next to her. Lalwende rested her head across his back, eyes turning to Nolofinwe, her rich, smooth voice as beautiful as the flowers growing from her skin, "The Sornieth World Games, hm?"

It was as if the spell was broken. Arafinwe's annoyance disappeared, his head turning to look at Nolofinwe, "What exactly are we supposed to do?"

The oldest snorted, standing and moving over to sit next to them, "Apparently we participate in battles and defeat enemies.. It won't be hard. We are the best out there. Nothing can defeat us." Arafinwe's tail flicked, "And Cassius wants us to win? Why? It's not like everyone doesn't know about Legion, not even Legion, about us already. I'm quite sure everyone has heard of us..."

The statement caused Nolofinwe to give a loud laugh. He leaned over, pressing his muzzle to his brother's mane and inhaling deeply, "I believe he wants us to win just to ensure that Legion holds it's reign over the world, or maybe it's to recruit more dragons to Legion. I have no idea. I don't care to know. I just think we need to get it done and over with."

Arafinwe sighed, glancing at Lalwende. She surveyed him, then stood. A light shake of her body sent dirt and dust flying from it, as well as small splatters of blood where some of the roses began to loosen from their hold in her scales. She carefully tucked them back into their fleshy crevices, nuzzling them gently. When she finished, she moved to the entrance to their small clearing, "Let's go. I don't want to be bothered with this after today."

The three set off, leaving their home and making their way to where the entry where the games were set to be held. There they met their opponents. Several Guardians, a few Spirals and a few other small breeds greeted them when they stepped in. Easily they towered over them, the only Imperials in the competition.

Nolofinwe moved forward, trailed by his siblings. Arafinwe's flanks trembled as he barely repressed the urge to lash out and kill all those who stood around him. He took his place by Nolofinwe's side when the oldest settled on the ground to await their assignment.

The wind blew, the scent of roses filling the small arena. A small blue and brown Mirror stepped forward, "Welcome, competitors and specters. The challenges will be picked by random drawing. The item for today..." Pausing, he drew a slimy creature from what appeared to be the air, "Ah, food. Seafood to be exact. This means you will battle. You and your team will go into the coliseum and battle for at least thirty, but no more than forty rounds! Report back to me when you are done!"

"Battling, really...?" Arafinwe's voice was curt, his face clearly showing his annoyance, "Couldn't Cassius have picked a better place for us to be..." He scoffed, standing and moving off to the coliseum. He led the other two into the midst of a battle. Around them the teams were already fighting, beating opponents and struggling not to fail.

Trained in the art of battle by his father, Arafinwe launched into assult immediately, taking out several enemies on his own. However, he became aware of his siblings fighting side by side next to him. He relaxed, the familiar feeling of fighting with his team coming over him. Nolofinwe swiped the head off of one of the Sparrowmice and suddenly a whistle cut through the air. He turned, bristling at the offender, his teeth baring.

Unyielding, the game master stared back at him, "That was forty battles. Your team is done."

Nolofinwe let out a growl, snapping his teeth in irritation, but moved back to the other teams, he and his siblings covered in blood. Arafinwe followed after him, almost bouncing from the high of the fight. He held a small skull in his mouth, chewing on it lightly.

The game master moved back into the ring, looking at all the teams, "Congratulations. You've all made it past the first day. You will sleep here, and tomorrow, we will continue with day two!"

Lalwende strode past the other contestants, the smell of roses following her as she made her way to a patch of flowers and plopped her gigantic frame down amongst them. Arafinwe followed after her, pausing in the middle of the ring and chomping down on the skull in his mouth hard enough to break it. His tail flicked in amusement at the disgusted looks, and he traveled on, flopping his large frame down beside his sister and resting his head over her flank.

Nolofinwe rolled his eyes, moving past the other contestants and curling around his younger brother, his own head resting along Arafinwe's back, "You're insufferable." Arafinwe's only response was an amused chuff and the soft press of his muzzle to his brother's blood soaked cheek.

The siblings lay, watching the other contestants with boredom, not used to sitting and doing nothing. They were killing machines. This wasn't their way. Yet, because of some unknown loyalty to a "Master" they tolerated, here they were, in a place that didn't welcome them, doing something that bored them to death.

Perhaps the next day would be more interesting.
Going Into Battle: Day One

Starting exp: 0
Ending Exp: 4956

When the day started, it was like any other. The sun rose, birds chirped, and triplet dragons stepped out of their large hut on the fringes of Legion's territory. Lalwende led the way, her sickly sweet stench filling the air around the triplets. The sweet scent barely covered the aura of death that blanketed the three at all times. Riding on Arafinwe's shoulders was a tiny Coatl with the brightest red eyes the three had ever seen.

Curling his tail around the forever small dragon, Nolofinwe lifted her from his brother's shoulders and set her down on the ground. She shook herself off, stretching her tiny legs with a wide yawn. For such a wretched being, she was gloriously cute. She sat at Arafinwe's feet, stub of a tail curling around her feet. The youngest sibling lowered his head, ruffling her feathers gently with his snout. This earned Arafinwe a smack to his nose from the Coatl, though it was merely in play. He blew out at her, rolling her over with the sudden gust of air. Before they could engage further in play fighting, Nolofinwe's sharp voice brought them to attention.

"Enough. We have things we must get done. Ainairos, Cassius has use of you in the pig pen," The large Imperial's voice was rough, raising the hairs along Arafinwe's spine. Nolofinwe glanced over at him, then lowered his head to look at Ainairos, "Go. We will be with you tonight." When the tiny Coatl had scampered off, Nolofinwe turned to his siblings. His tail brushed under Arafinwe's chin, lifting it to view him, "Cassius has an assignment for us that I believe we will excel at. There is a game of sorts that we are to participate in. He wishes us to take part in a 'Sornieth World Games' and bring victory to Legion."

The youngest sibling scoffed, jerking his head from his brother's grasp, turning his back to him, "Why do you even put up with that pathetic lump of fetid feces?" Nolofinwe snorted, leaning forward and snagging Arafinwe by the scruff of his neck. He all but dragged his younger sibling back, dropping him in a small heap on the ground at his feet. The action caused Arafinwe to sprawl out, looking up at his older brother in irritation, "What? You know it's true! He's pathetic! All this 'I'll rule the world, I'll do anything to be the best' crap... T'ch. It makes me sick. I don't understand why we don't just eliminate him and give Mother the run of the world..."

Nolofinwe's lips curved upward in amusement as he sat next to his pouting brother, "Because, believe it or not, Cassius is a key component in our goals." Arafinwe sighed, glancing toward his silent sister, locking his gaze on hers. She gazed back, silent and unassuming, her tail flicking in contentment from her place amidst the flowers that grew in the bed outside their home. When he got no answer from her, the youngest dragon stood, turning his back on his brother once more. He crossed to his sister, taking a seat next to her. Lalwende rested her head across his back, eyes turning to Nolofinwe, her rich, smooth voice as beautiful as the flowers growing from her skin, "The Sornieth World Games, hm?"

It was as if the spell was broken. Arafinwe's annoyance disappeared, his head turning to look at Nolofinwe, "What exactly are we supposed to do?"

The oldest snorted, standing and moving over to sit next to them, "Apparently we participate in battles and defeat enemies.. It won't be hard. We are the best out there. Nothing can defeat us." Arafinwe's tail flicked, "And Cassius wants us to win? Why? It's not like everyone doesn't know about Legion, not even Legion, about us already. I'm quite sure everyone has heard of us..."

The statement caused Nolofinwe to give a loud laugh. He leaned over, pressing his muzzle to his brother's mane and inhaling deeply, "I believe he wants us to win just to ensure that Legion holds it's reign over the world, or maybe it's to recruit more dragons to Legion. I have no idea. I don't care to know. I just think we need to get it done and over with."

Arafinwe sighed, glancing at Lalwende. She surveyed him, then stood. A light shake of her body sent dirt and dust flying from it, as well as small splatters of blood where some of the roses began to loosen from their hold in her scales. She carefully tucked them back into their fleshy crevices, nuzzling them gently. When she finished, she moved to the entrance to their small clearing, "Let's go. I don't want to be bothered with this after today."

The three set off, leaving their home and making their way to where the entry where the games were set to be held. There they met their opponents. Several Guardians, a few Spirals and a few other small breeds greeted them when they stepped in. Easily they towered over them, the only Imperials in the competition.

Nolofinwe moved forward, trailed by his siblings. Arafinwe's flanks trembled as he barely repressed the urge to lash out and kill all those who stood around him. He took his place by Nolofinwe's side when the oldest settled on the ground to await their assignment.

The wind blew, the scent of roses filling the small arena. A small blue and brown Mirror stepped forward, "Welcome, competitors and specters. The challenges will be picked by random drawing. The item for today..." Pausing, he drew a slimy creature from what appeared to be the air, "Ah, food. Seafood to be exact. This means you will battle. You and your team will go into the coliseum and battle for at least thirty, but no more than forty rounds! Report back to me when you are done!"

"Battling, really...?" Arafinwe's voice was curt, his face clearly showing his annoyance, "Couldn't Cassius have picked a better place for us to be..." He scoffed, standing and moving off to the coliseum. He led the other two into the midst of a battle. Around them the teams were already fighting, beating opponents and struggling not to fail.

Trained in the art of battle by his father, Arafinwe launched into assult immediately, taking out several enemies on his own. However, he became aware of his siblings fighting side by side next to him. He relaxed, the familiar feeling of fighting with his team coming over him. Nolofinwe swiped the head off of one of the Sparrowmice and suddenly a whistle cut through the air. He turned, bristling at the offender, his teeth baring.

Unyielding, the game master stared back at him, "That was forty battles. Your team is done."

Nolofinwe let out a growl, snapping his teeth in irritation, but moved back to the other teams, he and his siblings covered in blood. Arafinwe followed after him, almost bouncing from the high of the fight. He held a small skull in his mouth, chewing on it lightly.

The game master moved back into the ring, looking at all the teams, "Congratulations. You've all made it past the first day. You will sleep here, and tomorrow, we will continue with day two!"

Lalwende strode past the other contestants, the smell of roses following her as she made her way to a patch of flowers and plopped her gigantic frame down amongst them. Arafinwe followed after her, pausing in the middle of the ring and chomping down on the skull in his mouth hard enough to break it. His tail flicked in amusement at the disgusted looks, and he traveled on, flopping his large frame down beside his sister and resting his head over her flank.

Nolofinwe rolled his eyes, moving past the other contestants and curling around his younger brother, his own head resting along Arafinwe's back, "You're insufferable." Arafinwe's only response was an amused chuff and the soft press of his muzzle to his brother's blood soaked cheek.

The siblings lay, watching the other contestants with boredom, not used to sitting and doing nothing. They were killing machines. This wasn't their way. Yet, because of some unknown loyalty to a "Master" they tolerated, here they were, in a place that didn't welcome them, doing something that bored them to death.

Perhaps the next day would be more interesting.
HmDNA2Z.pngaq6I7xx.png6fgBqVP.pngXSEmIC3.pngC387vBf.pngwqtPSTI.pngglDwE4l.pngOqryMgB.pnggJXSVmH.png
Going Into Battle: Day Two

Starting exp: 4956
Ending Exp: 11150
Number of battles: 30

When the sun rose the next morning, it cast shadows over the triplets. The three were curled into a ball together, much like they had been for the first weeks of their lives. Huddled together in the cave in fear of their father, the three grew closer and closer, tangled together like branches from the same tree. Arafinwe whimpered in his sleep, the closest that any of them would ever get to showing weakness. Nolofinwe immediately shifted his body, covering Arafinwe with his wing in protection. The movement seemed to calm the youngest, his breathing evening out into deep breaths once more.

However, they weren't to sleep much longer. The day was breaking, and the games master was already up and gathering the teams.

This day is a work in progress.

Going Into Battle: Day Two

Starting exp: 4956
Ending Exp: 11150
Number of battles: 30

When the sun rose the next morning, it cast shadows over the triplets. The three were curled into a ball together, much like they had been for the first weeks of their lives. Huddled together in the cave in fear of their father, the three grew closer and closer, tangled together like branches from the same tree. Arafinwe whimpered in his sleep, the closest that any of them would ever get to showing weakness. Nolofinwe immediately shifted his body, covering Arafinwe with his wing in protection. The movement seemed to calm the youngest, his breathing evening out into deep breaths once more.

However, they weren't to sleep much longer. The day was breaking, and the games master was already up and gathering the teams.

Art Day: Day Three

No battles were held.

Darkness overhead. Darkness behind. Darkness all around.
Orbs of red with rage abound.
A flash of white beneath emerald hued leaves.
The slip of life silent as a breeze.

One foot. Two foot. Three foot. Four foot. Twelve feet.
Silent screams abate in the wake of darkness bittersweet.
Twelve feet. Six ears. Three noses.
The scent of death masked by the allure of roses.

Triplets with decay marking their trail.
What nightmare has come to see us fail?
Three siblings to fight to the death,
Unrelenting till their last breath.

The sound of rain woke Nolofinwe from his sleep. Cocking his head up, he listened to the raindrops splattering the ground around him. The coliseum wall was just barely visible from his position, with the trees from the edges of the Woodland Path that led deeper into the heart of the area curling out to meet the heavily weathered stone. It was a night that was sure to wake his brother with emotions.

Climbing to his feet, the heavy Imperial settled on his haunches just under the tree protecting his siblings and him from the drizzle. He stared out across the area and watched the different teams sleeping under their individual trees. The sight was not unlike one he'd seen before. But perhaps such thoughts were better left to the past... Or at least until there was a better time to consider them.

But then again, when really was the best time to peruse the past and revisit happenings from before?

Heaving a soft sigh, the Imperial closed his eyes, took a deep breath and waited, his tail flicking against the dampening earth under him. The smell of rain filled the air, and - within minutes, as he had predicted - he felt Arafinwe's slighter weight settle against his side. There was ever a bare tremble, before the youngest of the triplets settled in, lifting his head to view the darkness and the drench of rain coming down to soak the path before them. No animals stirred, save for them.

Together the two sat in silence for a few minutes, just watching the rain. Behind them, Lalwende lay, awake but unwilling to move from the warmth of the flowerbed she sought as a resting place.

When the silence broke, the voice that did so was a bare whisper, and the owner of the voice trembled as he spoke, the movement a bare ripple against Nolofinwe's side, "Do you remember?"

The oldest took his eyes from the dark black of the sky for a moment, turning them to focus on Arafinwe's face and the distant look in his eyes. He knew that look all too well. It was the vulnerable look that Arafinwe wore when he thought too much of the past. This was one of the reasons that Nolofinwe didn't want his brother out in the world. Despite his ferocity, the anger, the rage that boiled in him - Arafinwe was softer, less cut out for the world. Their father, with his relentless training that he had tried to keep secret, had broken Arafinwe's spirit. Nolofinwe knew, if their father was still alive today, Arafinwe would be his puppet, rather than standing on his own.

Despite his softness, Arafinwe was still just as rage driven and hateful toward the world as the other two siblings. He could not match Lalwende's cunning or seduction, and he was no match to Nolofinwe's leadership and intelligence, but Arafinwe could cut through a dragon in seconds. He knew where to strike to leave them vulnerable and where to leave marks where it would hurt the most. He was, easily, the best killer of the three.

Yet Arafinwe was so full of emotions at times, he could be haphazard in his actions, sometimes losing himself to his thoughts mid battle. Nolofinwe thought this was because he criticized himself so much in his maneuvers during those battles that he sometimes lost track and became unfocused. It was something he hoped to work on during this competition.

The oldest's thoughts turned to what his brother asked. Did he remember? Of course he did.

The rain pouring down, the camp of strangers in their way. The laughter quieting around a dying fire as the triplets approached. The flash of lightning. The red that doused the earth. The smell....

The smell...

Tilting his head toward Arafinwe once more, the oldest dipped his head in a bare nod before refocusing on the rain overhead. Arafinwe's shimmering wings stretched backward, giving Nolofinwe a glimpse of the unmottled pure color that marked them apart. Of all the siblings, only Arafinwe had inherited his father's wings. And it was just another element that the youngest hated about himself.

Nolofinwe, on the other hand, thought the unbroken color couldn't be more beautiful. It made Arafinwe different from them. Made him stand out from them in a way that the oldest couldn't describe. The unmarred wings made Arafinwe seem... healthy. More elegant, refined. Like a dragon that didn't belong where he was. Whereas, Nolofinwe and Lalwende's broken, mottled wings gave them the appearance of being rotten and dying - though some measure of truth could be said about both of them, what with Nolofinwe's skin rotting where he sewed the eyes into his skin and Lalwende's fresh stench of blood and roses that never went away thanks to the plants she grew in her flesh. But that was what made them all different, unique, but all the same.

When Arafinwe's wings settled back against his back, Nolofinwe stood, intent on making his way back to Lalwende and back to sleep. Yet before he could take a step away from Arafinwe, he felt the youngest's tail curl around his leg, stopping him from moving.

He glanced over at his brother, one tufted eyebrow raising in curiosity. Arafinwe glanced at him out of the corner of his eye, tail loosening but staying wrapped around his leg. The oldest snorted, settling back onto his haunches, shifting a tiny bit closer to his brother and flopping his wing out over his back, though playfully so Arafinwe understood he wasn't angry in the slightest.

Lightning flashed across the sky as they sat, slowly curling together until it was hard to see where one of them began and the other ended. Then again, they intended for that to happen - one day it would be truer than true - the three would share a body and become the ultimate killing machine.

But for today, being this close was the best they could get, and so they took it, all too thoroughly enjoying being close together. Enjoying the feel of one another close. The only closeness they could ever achieve with another dragon.

Sing song, sing song, tick tock, tick tock,
The hands of time spin round the clock,
Round and round, but where will they stop?
Sing song, sing song, tick tock, tick tock.

Where they stop no one will guess,
But we're absolutely certain it'll be a mess,
Red rain falls, the Sparrow cries out,
Caught by tearing teeth glaring from a snout.

Sing song, sing song, tick tock, tick tock
The triplets are coming, the triplets are coming,
Tick-a-tock, tick-a-tock, tick-a-tock,
Can you hear the death march drumming?

@PheonixPonder
Art Day: Day Three

No battles were held.

Darkness overhead. Darkness behind. Darkness all around.
Orbs of red with rage abound.
A flash of white beneath emerald hued leaves.
The slip of life silent as a breeze.

One foot. Two foot. Three foot. Four foot. Twelve feet.
Silent screams abate in the wake of darkness bittersweet.
Twelve feet. Six ears. Three noses.
The scent of death masked by the allure of roses.

Triplets with decay marking their trail.
What nightmare has come to see us fail?
Three siblings to fight to the death,
Unrelenting till their last breath.

The sound of rain woke Nolofinwe from his sleep. Cocking his head up, he listened to the raindrops splattering the ground around him. The coliseum wall was just barely visible from his position, with the trees from the edges of the Woodland Path that led deeper into the heart of the area curling out to meet the heavily weathered stone. It was a night that was sure to wake his brother with emotions.

Climbing to his feet, the heavy Imperial settled on his haunches just under the tree protecting his siblings and him from the drizzle. He stared out across the area and watched the different teams sleeping under their individual trees. The sight was not unlike one he'd seen before. But perhaps such thoughts were better left to the past... Or at least until there was a better time to consider them.

But then again, when really was the best time to peruse the past and revisit happenings from before?

Heaving a soft sigh, the Imperial closed his eyes, took a deep breath and waited, his tail flicking against the dampening earth under him. The smell of rain filled the air, and - within minutes, as he had predicted - he felt Arafinwe's slighter weight settle against his side. There was ever a bare tremble, before the youngest of the triplets settled in, lifting his head to view the darkness and the drench of rain coming down to soak the path before them. No animals stirred, save for them.

Together the two sat in silence for a few minutes, just watching the rain. Behind them, Lalwende lay, awake but unwilling to move from the warmth of the flowerbed she sought as a resting place.

When the silence broke, the voice that did so was a bare whisper, and the owner of the voice trembled as he spoke, the movement a bare ripple against Nolofinwe's side, "Do you remember?"

The oldest took his eyes from the dark black of the sky for a moment, turning them to focus on Arafinwe's face and the distant look in his eyes. He knew that look all too well. It was the vulnerable look that Arafinwe wore when he thought too much of the past. This was one of the reasons that Nolofinwe didn't want his brother out in the world. Despite his ferocity, the anger, the rage that boiled in him - Arafinwe was softer, less cut out for the world. Their father, with his relentless training that he had tried to keep secret, had broken Arafinwe's spirit. Nolofinwe knew, if their father was still alive today, Arafinwe would be his puppet, rather than standing on his own.

Despite his softness, Arafinwe was still just as rage driven and hateful toward the world as the other two siblings. He could not match Lalwende's cunning or seduction, and he was no match to Nolofinwe's leadership and intelligence, but Arafinwe could cut through a dragon in seconds. He knew where to strike to leave them vulnerable and where to leave marks where it would hurt the most. He was, easily, the best killer of the three.

Yet Arafinwe was so full of emotions at times, he could be haphazard in his actions, sometimes losing himself to his thoughts mid battle. Nolofinwe thought this was because he criticized himself so much in his maneuvers during those battles that he sometimes lost track and became unfocused. It was something he hoped to work on during this competition.

The oldest's thoughts turned to what his brother asked. Did he remember? Of course he did.

The rain pouring down, the camp of strangers in their way. The laughter quieting around a dying fire as the triplets approached. The flash of lightning. The red that doused the earth. The smell....

The smell...

Tilting his head toward Arafinwe once more, the oldest dipped his head in a bare nod before refocusing on the rain overhead. Arafinwe's shimmering wings stretched backward, giving Nolofinwe a glimpse of the unmottled pure color that marked them apart. Of all the siblings, only Arafinwe had inherited his father's wings. And it was just another element that the youngest hated about himself.

Nolofinwe, on the other hand, thought the unbroken color couldn't be more beautiful. It made Arafinwe different from them. Made him stand out from them in a way that the oldest couldn't describe. The unmarred wings made Arafinwe seem... healthy. More elegant, refined. Like a dragon that didn't belong where he was. Whereas, Nolofinwe and Lalwende's broken, mottled wings gave them the appearance of being rotten and dying - though some measure of truth could be said about both of them, what with Nolofinwe's skin rotting where he sewed the eyes into his skin and Lalwende's fresh stench of blood and roses that never went away thanks to the plants she grew in her flesh. But that was what made them all different, unique, but all the same.

When Arafinwe's wings settled back against his back, Nolofinwe stood, intent on making his way back to Lalwende and back to sleep. Yet before he could take a step away from Arafinwe, he felt the youngest's tail curl around his leg, stopping him from moving.

He glanced over at his brother, one tufted eyebrow raising in curiosity. Arafinwe glanced at him out of the corner of his eye, tail loosening but staying wrapped around his leg. The oldest snorted, settling back onto his haunches, shifting a tiny bit closer to his brother and flopping his wing out over his back, though playfully so Arafinwe understood he wasn't angry in the slightest.

Lightning flashed across the sky as they sat, slowly curling together until it was hard to see where one of them began and the other ended. Then again, they intended for that to happen - one day it would be truer than true - the three would share a body and become the ultimate killing machine.

But for today, being this close was the best they could get, and so they took it, all too thoroughly enjoying being close together. Enjoying the feel of one another close. The only closeness they could ever achieve with another dragon.

Sing song, sing song, tick tock, tick tock,
The hands of time spin round the clock,
Round and round, but where will they stop?
Sing song, sing song, tick tock, tick tock.

Where they stop no one will guess,
But we're absolutely certain it'll be a mess,
Red rain falls, the Sparrow cries out,
Caught by tearing teeth glaring from a snout.

Sing song, sing song, tick tock, tick tock
The triplets are coming, the triplets are coming,
Tick-a-tock, tick-a-tock, tick-a-tock,
Can you hear the death march drumming?

@PheonixPonder
Day Four: Going Into Battle

Starting exp: 11150
Ending Exp: 23066

Day Four: Going Into Battle

Starting exp: 11150
Ending Exp: 23066

Day Five: Going Into Battle

Starting exp: 23066
Ending Exp: 49816
Number of battles: 50

Day Five: Going Into Battle

Starting exp: 23066
Ending Exp: 49816
Number of battles: 50

Day Six: Writing Day

No battles were held that day.

Story to come
Day Six: Writing Day

Story to come
Tournament Two
Art Day: Day One

Sun glistened over the tops of the trees, illuminating the path toward the tournament grounds. Namid's nostrils flared, catching the scent of death that lingered wherever the triplets had been before. No matter how much the rain washed at the soil of the earth, it would never wash away the stench of their beings. No, long after they were dead, there would always be a reminder in the smell of the areas they'd been.

He glanced behind him at the two slaves that followed him, bound around the neck by harsh, rough chains. The chains themselves were bound to his throat, locking them together. They would, of course, be removed during battle. Cadfael, he knew, wouldn't run, but Star was another story. The elegant creature moved with a quiet certainty he had never seen in a slave before. Star trailed the other two, his head lowered but his guard not down.

Behind Namid, Cadfael strode, keeping a distance from Namid, yet his entire concentration was on the male in front of him. More specifically, it was on his rear, and the movements it made when he walked. Namid's false leg was a few inches longer than his other, real leg, and when he walked, it caused him to limp slightly. Cadfael would never say it was ugly, because to him it was just as much a part of Namid as the rest of him, but Namid often worried that his deformation was a part of his body that Cadfael hated.

Maybe he didn't hate the object itself, or that it was a part of him, but he hated the circumstances under which Namid had acquired the prosthetic. He disliked how the others in Legion treated his mate. Namid was just as capable a fighter as the others, and he could show it, yet they treated him as though he was a weak dragon. One who couldn't hold up against the others. This tournament would prove otherwise. Namid had to get in the top two, or Cassius would kill him and the slaves that went with him.

Namid knew this, yet he still accepted the challenge. He knew the risk, and he would take it. He was desperate not to mess up. While no one else was going with them, he knew all too well what would happen if news of his relationship with Cadfael reached Cassius or the other guards.

Once they arrived at the clearing where the tournament was held, he came to a stop, his head turning to look at the different groups. None of them were a danger to him - save for one. The dragons in it were close to those of Auroral Dissonance - Cadfael's original clan. He could see a space next to them and slowly made his way over to set up camp there. All three of the dragons were Night Warriors, a group close to the Celestial Runners of Auroral Dissonance. He knew if he was close to them, he could possibly persuade them to take a message back to Auroral Dissonance from Cadfael as a report.

When he selected the spot, he turned to the other two, regal and tall. The look Cadfael gave him told him he was in no mood to be ordered around. Instead, the Skydancer moved past his mate and took the initiative. He began setting up camp, while Namid stood to the side, blinking and somewhat marveling at his mate's strength and flexibility. However, after a moment, Namid stepped forward next to him, placing his head near Cad's, "Enough... It looks fine. We can sleep over there, under the trees and behind the bushes."

Star stared at them, white eyes dark with sadness and anger. Namid moved to him, pausing in front of the unique dragon, "I will remove your chains if you promise not to run. Do not forget we have a mission and if you run, Cassius will hunt you down and kill you." StarDancer dropped his head, nodding, "Yes sir..." Nevermind Cassius, Star had another reason to return, as did Cadfael and Namid. Elenion, Star's mate, still remained trapped in Legion's dungeons, and Kohana, the world's Royal, was held close by Cassius. The young dragon didn't even know he was a Royal... Let alone that his entire existence was the key to preventing the Shade from returning.

Reaching up, Namid unlocked the chains around Star's throat, piling them along with the ones he removed from Cadfael and his own throat. Star glanced at him, then turned to view the dragons around them. Night war starting to drop over them and for the first time since his capture, he was going to see the stars. Part of him regretted not having Elenion next to him while it happened, but part of him was happy to see the stars at all. The fresh air felt amazing on his body after so long a time spent in the darkness of the cells.

However, he turned, moving behind one of the bushes and settling down on his stomach. He laid his head down, closing his eyes. Within a few minutes, he was asleep.

Namid sighed softly, moving over and settling behind one of the bushes. He felt Cadfael take a spot next to him and automatically twisted his body to rest against the larger Skydancer's. Cad lifted his head, looking down at him, "Aren't you afraid we'll be discovered?" The pale blue male shook his head, looking up at his darker other half, "Not at all. Those dragons don't care about us, and no one from Legion is going to go through the trouble of trying to find us. They'll be far too busy trying to keep ahead of Auroral that they won't care. That's why they sent us this time, instead of the triplets.."

Cad made a non-committal noise in his throat and looked down at him. He leaned his head down, brushing his nose over his cheek, "And what about our companion?" Namid glanced over at the sad pile that was StarDancer, "I don't think he's going to say anything. He's got a secret himself, you know."

Cadfael snorted, looking over at Star, "He seems to be extremely sad... I worry for him and the others... Cassius doesn't realize he's smothering the light out of these dragons... He'll wind up killing them all before he knows it..." Namid nodded, laying his head back down, "For now I just want to be happy to be out of there, even if it is only for a few days. The tournament will begin and we'll be busy.. So come and let me enjoy your presence.."

Cadfael snorted so hard at the remark that it blew over Namid's face and caused the smaller Skydancer to bring his wing up and whack his lover on the head. Cadfael began to laugh, looking down at the other, who stared petulantly up at him. He lowered his head, brushing the other's cheek with his muzzle, lovingly soothing the soft downy fur back. He laid his head alongside Namid's neck, listening to the other's breathing slowly even out. He relaxed after a moment, listening to the sounds of the world around them. He wasn't going to fall asleep any time soon.

So the first day, and the first night of the tournament, Cadfael kept watch over his lover and his friend, keeping the shadows at bay. However, before long, he felt someone approaching and turned his head, letting out a low hiss of warning. The footsteps stopped and a large head dropped into view. The Imperial that stared back at him gave a gentle nod, "Hey there neighbor." Cadfael didn't move, lest he disturb the Skydancer sleeping against him. He merely bowed his head gracefully, "Hello..."

The Imperial gently dropped a satchel next to them, "Some food. We noticed you didn't bring any, and Carina said we should share ours..." Cadfael chuckled softly, then nosed Namid gently, "Thank you. We didn't think about it. The triplets said they didn't bring food, so we assumed we wouldn't have to." The Imperial nodded, then paused, "The triplets? The ones who won the last round? You know them?"

Cadfael snorted, nodding, "Yeah, I know them. We're a part of the... ah... same clan." He didn't dare speak ill of Legion, knowing if he mentioned it, they would know he was a slave. The Imperial nodded, then cleared his throat, "Well.. cool. Maybe you'll continue the tradition. Though with my team here, it's doubtful. We're pretty strong."

The Skydancer laughed, then nodded, "Well, I hope everything goes well for you.. What's your name?" "Redhand. Yours?" The Imperial tilted his head to watch him. Cadfael swished his tail gently, "Cadfael. The shimmering beauty over there is StarDancer and this electric boy is Namid."

Redhand nodded again, then glanced over his shoulder as Carina called for him, "It's nice to meet you all. If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask. But the boss is calling, so I must depart." Cad nodded, looking up at him, "Go back to your queen over there." Redhand chuckled, nodding to him, then turned, "I'll see you tomorrow~." Cad nodded, then laid his head down. He let out a sigh, nuzzling Namid's head.

Still unable to sleep, he rested his eyes, closing them and relaxing against Namid. Contentment was his for the moment, just long enough for him to assume happiness was something he would one day have again. And that was enough for him, enough for them.

@PheonixPonder @TroubleInSevens
Tournament Two
Art Day: Day One

Sun glistened over the tops of the trees, illuminating the path toward the tournament grounds. Namid's nostrils flared, catching the scent of death that lingered wherever the triplets had been before. No matter how much the rain washed at the soil of the earth, it would never wash away the stench of their beings. No, long after they were dead, there would always be a reminder in the smell of the areas they'd been.

He glanced behind him at the two slaves that followed him, bound around the neck by harsh, rough chains. The chains themselves were bound to his throat, locking them together. They would, of course, be removed during battle. Cadfael, he knew, wouldn't run, but Star was another story. The elegant creature moved with a quiet certainty he had never seen in a slave before. Star trailed the other two, his head lowered but his guard not down.

Behind Namid, Cadfael strode, keeping a distance from Namid, yet his entire concentration was on the male in front of him. More specifically, it was on his rear, and the movements it made when he walked. Namid's false leg was a few inches longer than his other, real leg, and when he walked, it caused him to limp slightly. Cadfael would never say it was ugly, because to him it was just as much a part of Namid as the rest of him, but Namid often worried that his deformation was a part of his body that Cadfael hated.

Maybe he didn't hate the object itself, or that it was a part of him, but he hated the circumstances under which Namid had acquired the prosthetic. He disliked how the others in Legion treated his mate. Namid was just as capable a fighter as the others, and he could show it, yet they treated him as though he was a weak dragon. One who couldn't hold up against the others. This tournament would prove otherwise. Namid had to get in the top two, or Cassius would kill him and the slaves that went with him.

Namid knew this, yet he still accepted the challenge. He knew the risk, and he would take it. He was desperate not to mess up. While no one else was going with them, he knew all too well what would happen if news of his relationship with Cadfael reached Cassius or the other guards.

Once they arrived at the clearing where the tournament was held, he came to a stop, his head turning to look at the different groups. None of them were a danger to him - save for one. The dragons in it were close to those of Auroral Dissonance - Cadfael's original clan. He could see a space next to them and slowly made his way over to set up camp there. All three of the dragons were Night Warriors, a group close to the Celestial Runners of Auroral Dissonance. He knew if he was close to them, he could possibly persuade them to take a message back to Auroral Dissonance from Cadfael as a report.

When he selected the spot, he turned to the other two, regal and tall. The look Cadfael gave him told him he was in no mood to be ordered around. Instead, the Skydancer moved past his mate and took the initiative. He began setting up camp, while Namid stood to the side, blinking and somewhat marveling at his mate's strength and flexibility. However, after a moment, Namid stepped forward next to him, placing his head near Cad's, "Enough... It looks fine. We can sleep over there, under the trees and behind the bushes."

Star stared at them, white eyes dark with sadness and anger. Namid moved to him, pausing in front of the unique dragon, "I will remove your chains if you promise not to run. Do not forget we have a mission and if you run, Cassius will hunt you down and kill you." StarDancer dropped his head, nodding, "Yes sir..." Nevermind Cassius, Star had another reason to return, as did Cadfael and Namid. Elenion, Star's mate, still remained trapped in Legion's dungeons, and Kohana, the world's Royal, was held close by Cassius. The young dragon didn't even know he was a Royal... Let alone that his entire existence was the key to preventing the Shade from returning.

Reaching up, Namid unlocked the chains around Star's throat, piling them along with the ones he removed from Cadfael and his own throat. Star glanced at him, then turned to view the dragons around them. Night war starting to drop over them and for the first time since his capture, he was going to see the stars. Part of him regretted not having Elenion next to him while it happened, but part of him was happy to see the stars at all. The fresh air felt amazing on his body after so long a time spent in the darkness of the cells.

However, he turned, moving behind one of the bushes and settling down on his stomach. He laid his head down, closing his eyes. Within a few minutes, he was asleep.

Namid sighed softly, moving over and settling behind one of the bushes. He felt Cadfael take a spot next to him and automatically twisted his body to rest against the larger Skydancer's. Cad lifted his head, looking down at him, "Aren't you afraid we'll be discovered?" The pale blue male shook his head, looking up at his darker other half, "Not at all. Those dragons don't care about us, and no one from Legion is going to go through the trouble of trying to find us. They'll be far too busy trying to keep ahead of Auroral that they won't care. That's why they sent us this time, instead of the triplets.."

Cad made a non-committal noise in his throat and looked down at him. He leaned his head down, brushing his nose over his cheek, "And what about our companion?" Namid glanced over at the sad pile that was StarDancer, "I don't think he's going to say anything. He's got a secret himself, you know."

Cadfael snorted, looking over at Star, "He seems to be extremely sad... I worry for him and the others... Cassius doesn't realize he's smothering the light out of these dragons... He'll wind up killing them all before he knows it..." Namid nodded, laying his head back down, "For now I just want to be happy to be out of there, even if it is only for a few days. The tournament will begin and we'll be busy.. So come and let me enjoy your presence.."

Cadfael snorted so hard at the remark that it blew over Namid's face and caused the smaller Skydancer to bring his wing up and whack his lover on the head. Cadfael began to laugh, looking down at the other, who stared petulantly up at him. He lowered his head, brushing the other's cheek with his muzzle, lovingly soothing the soft downy fur back. He laid his head alongside Namid's neck, listening to the other's breathing slowly even out. He relaxed after a moment, listening to the sounds of the world around them. He wasn't going to fall asleep any time soon.

So the first day, and the first night of the tournament, Cadfael kept watch over his lover and his friend, keeping the shadows at bay. However, before long, he felt someone approaching and turned his head, letting out a low hiss of warning. The footsteps stopped and a large head dropped into view. The Imperial that stared back at him gave a gentle nod, "Hey there neighbor." Cadfael didn't move, lest he disturb the Skydancer sleeping against him. He merely bowed his head gracefully, "Hello..."

The Imperial gently dropped a satchel next to them, "Some food. We noticed you didn't bring any, and Carina said we should share ours..." Cadfael chuckled softly, then nosed Namid gently, "Thank you. We didn't think about it. The triplets said they didn't bring food, so we assumed we wouldn't have to." The Imperial nodded, then paused, "The triplets? The ones who won the last round? You know them?"

Cadfael snorted, nodding, "Yeah, I know them. We're a part of the... ah... same clan." He didn't dare speak ill of Legion, knowing if he mentioned it, they would know he was a slave. The Imperial nodded, then cleared his throat, "Well.. cool. Maybe you'll continue the tradition. Though with my team here, it's doubtful. We're pretty strong."

The Skydancer laughed, then nodded, "Well, I hope everything goes well for you.. What's your name?" "Redhand. Yours?" The Imperial tilted his head to watch him. Cadfael swished his tail gently, "Cadfael. The shimmering beauty over there is StarDancer and this electric boy is Namid."

Redhand nodded again, then glanced over his shoulder as Carina called for him, "It's nice to meet you all. If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask. But the boss is calling, so I must depart." Cad nodded, looking up at him, "Go back to your queen over there." Redhand chuckled, nodding to him, then turned, "I'll see you tomorrow~." Cad nodded, then laid his head down. He let out a sigh, nuzzling Namid's head.

Still unable to sleep, he rested his eyes, closing them and relaxing against Namid. Contentment was his for the moment, just long enough for him to assume happiness was something he would one day have again. And that was enough for him, enough for them.

@PheonixPonder @TroubleInSevens
Tournament Two
Day Two: Going Into Battle

Starting Exp: 0
Ending Exp: 6058
Number of Battles: 50

Tournament Two
Day Two: Going Into Battle

Starting Exp: 0
Ending Exp: 6058
Number of Battles: 50

Tournament Two
Day Three: Going Into Battle

Starting Exp: 6058
Ending Exp: 17147
Number of Battles: 40

Tournament Two
Day Three: Going Into Battle

Starting Exp: 6058
Ending Exp: 17147
Number of Battles: 40

1 2