Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] Ballad of the Night
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22
[center][item=webwing alpha][item=scholar] [size=5][b][u]DAY THIRTEEN & FOURTEEN[/u][/b][/size] Ah; Pinkerton giveth, and Pinkerton taketh away. Anyways, yesterday I actually got another familiar, so a second new dragon! :D It also happened to be a pearlcatcher, too, heh. I got this beautiful boy here that will be introduced today: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33231205] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/332313/33231205_350.png[/img] [/url] Meet Izak, already named so I left it. As you can see, today was the update day. Pinkerton also gave me a battlestone, and the coin turned heads-up. :c However, I do not have three dragons ready for the coli yet so I'll do some special writing today that will include a death. You will be left in suspense as to what happens next! Update pinglist: @SpottedLeaf125 ----- ----- "I've got to show you my best friend!" Rye's eager voice is loud and echoes off the cave's walls as I follow him. "Alright, I'm coming," I say. I've been with this group of dragons for nearly a week, but I haven't really gotten to know Rye too well yet. He's been trying to fix that lately, since he'll be under my care soon. "He's been sick while you've been here, so I haven't been able to show him to you," the child explains, trotting toward a certain cave. "Oh, is he all better now?" I ask. "Yup!" Rye says, nodding although not looking at me. I follow him into the dwelling, where I find two purple dragons talking to each other near the back. One is only a child--Rye's age--and the other much older. "Oh, hello, Rye. Who's this?" The female--most likely the mother--looks up and smiles. "Hi Miss Nakkita, hey Izak!" He says, grinning. "This is my friend Keffria, I'm going to start living with her soon!" "That's wonderful," Nakkita says happily. "I'm glad you've been able to find a permanent place to stay, Rye. You are staying here, you and your brother and friend, correct?" She asks, looking to me. "Yes, my brother and I. My friend left this morning, he didn't want to stay," I say. Rye turns to me, looking upset. "Gray left?" He asks. I nod. "Yes, early this morning. He'll return someday, but for now he's gone off exploring," I explain. The boy sighs, looking to his friend. "You were sick so you couldn't see it, but Keffria's friend Gray could do magic! He would do these really cool tricks for me and the others." "That's awesome, I wish I got to see it!" Izak's voice is deep, even for a child, and his smile brightens his whole face. Like Rye, I warm up instantly to these new dragons. "Yeah, I wish too," Rye agrees. The two children begin an animated conversation between themselves, and so I settle myself beside Nakkita, curious to get to know her. "How long have you lived here?" I ask, watching her as she responds. "For nearly my whole life," she begins. "I lived elsewhere in the mountain, with my family and a few close friends. Not many dragons group together like this, so when I was older and found them, I wanted to join. I was welcomed warmly and settled; I daresay this is my fifth year here. Where did you come from, Keffria?" I sigh, feeling a touch of emotion from the question. I answer, determinedly shaking away thoughts of my family. "I lived in a forest, the one south from here. It's quite a ways a way, and beautiful. I loved it there, but when my brother was taken away to work for the camps, I followed after him," I tell her. "Did your friend go with you, or something of that effect?" Nakkita asks curiously. "No, he found me in the forest a while after I left. When I woke up, he was there and walking away. After talking, we agreed to travel together. He always loved traveling, so I knew that he was going to leave here eventually," I answer. "Oh, where did he come from?" She says. "I really don't know, he never told me," I respond, shrugging. "He never told me much about himself, not even after two years of journeying together. Gray's always been mysterious that way, and I've learned not to question it." "How interesting," Nakkita murmurs. "Did you know Rye is from a forest? Where I don't know, he's never told me. His mother came here when he was barely a week old, and died from the cold only days later. The father came too, but after his wife's death no one has seen him anymore." "Yes, I know that much," I say, frowning. "Such an awful father! How could he abandon his young son and leave him to grow up in the care of strangers? It's so terrible, I feel so bad for him. Whenever I got to know Rye and learned of his parentage, I instantly sought to be in care of him. The leader is now clearing it up with his old foster parents." My companion looks a little surprised at my outburst, pausing a moment before responding. "I agree, it was an awful act. If that father ever does come back, he will get a very cold shoulder from everyone. It's very kind of you, Keffria, to take Rye in. How does your brother like him?" "Oh he loves him," I say. "Keian doesn't really know him that well, but is trying to get better acquainted with Rye." "That's wonderful to hear," she replies, smiling. "It is, at first I was almost afraid that he wouldn't say yes to me taking him in," I say. "Because we had just gotten back together, and are still trying to settle here." "Of course, I can see why that might be a valid reason," Nakkita tells me. Our conversation falls silent, and we watch the children scuffle on the floor a few feet away. I smile as I watch Rye call himself triumphant, moments before Izak tackles him back to the stone ground. As I sit here, I can't help but feel the happiest I ever have in my life. -- I walk through the forest, enjoying the pleasant warmth of spotted sunlight through leaves. I miss it. I miss my birthplace, of finding hidden brooks and finding deer-filled clearings. But now I am back, and I am happy. Thoughts of my brother, Rye, mountains, and mysterious friends keep just on the brink of my consciousness. I wander for a while, until I hear a terrible scream. Struck with panic, I run toward the voice to help. The scream rises again, and again, and I'm frantic as I crash through bushes. I look around wildly, my head twisting back and forth so fast that it hurts my neck. "Where are you?" I shout, pausing for a break. I pant heavily, tired and nervous. Another awful scream is the only answer I get, and I begin to run again. Where, I no longer know. Heart pounding a frantic rhythm within me, I hear yet another long scream. "Where are you?" I repeat, my voice stretching out into silence. Finally, a break from the voice. I slow down, gasping for breath, wondering if the horror is now over. I can't find the dragon, but I suppose it no longer matters. I'm terribly lost, and so I go to climb a tree so I can fly out above the forest. Another scream splits the quiet air, startling me so I lose my grip on damp bark. It crumbles away as I fall, and I look around yet again in confusion. "Is anyone out there?" I call. Nothing. I don't know what's going on, and it is upsetting me. I walk for quite a while, hearing the occasional scream every now and again. Then, suddenly, I think I see a flash of color up ahead. "Hello?" I shout, running toward the thing. Yes! It's a dragon; and I run toward them frantically. When I burst into a small clearing, a brilliant flash of light blinds me. I close my eyes and fall to the ground as I throw my arms over my face. When I slowly reopen my eyes and blink the forest back into focus, I see a dragon standing over me. "Ballad?" I whisper, confused. "Can you tell me what is going on?" "I'm sorry, Keffria, but you mustn't know," he responds, sounding remorseful. I gasp as I see blood on churned ground by his feet, and scramble back. "Ballad!" I scream as he raises a hand. I gasp, heart thundering furiously in my chest as I lurch awake. It's still rather dark in the cave, and in the entrance I can see a lone winking star. When I look over to my right, Keian is sleeping peacefully with his back turned toward me. When I look toward my left, I see large pink eyes glowing at me from the shadows. I jerk back in alarm, nearly yelling, before I remind myself it is just Rye. "Keffria?" He whispers, frowning as he creeps up to me. "It's alright, Rye," I answer. "I just had a bad dream, that's all." "You looked awfully scared," he responds, sitting down besides me. "Well, bad dreams make you scared," I say. "It can't be helped. But I'm fine now, I'm sorry to have woken you." "It's alright," he says, smiling now. "Would you like me to sing you a lullaby, you know, to help you go back to sleep?" "That would be wonderful, Rye," I tell him, a grateful smile turning the corners of my lips up. "Great! I have this one song, the others here tell me it's called morning's ballad. I think there's another one that goes along with it, but I don't know anything about it," he says. "Oh, alright. Well, let's hear it!" I say, trying to put a cheery tone in my voice. However, I feel rather alarmed at hearing the word ballad. Guess it's just the dream that still has its grip on me. Rye nods once, then begins in clear, sweetly child-like voice. "Wake now, wake now, You little child, For the stars have hidden, And the moon has taken a bow, The sun arises, In a cloak of gold, With a painting of pink and red, And a face to the earth so old, Wake now, wake now, The sun sings to you, A ballad sweet in sound, Gentle and lovely, In you it can be found, Wake now, wake now, The moon is falling, The birds begin their song, Because, because, The sun is calling, Wake now, little child, Listen to the ballad of the sun, For her rising is finally done." His song works, lulling me into a doze as I smile down at him, putting an arm affectionately around his shoulder. "Thank you, Rye, that has helped," I say. "I'm glad it did," he responds, snuggling against my side. We stay that way as I fall asleep, and dreamlessness claims me for the rest of the night. -- I wake up to sunlight gently filling the cave, and for a few minutes I just lay here in peace. Rye is still knocked out beside me, mouth hanging slightly open as it rests on my shoulder. I run my fingers through his mane, taking in his face which is bathed in golden light. I look around when I hear a rustle, and see my brother has woken. "Good morning," I murmur to him. "Hey," he says. I carefully lay Rye on my bed, and then get up and follow him out the cave. We pause a few feet away, watching the empty clearing. "I love it here," I whisper, enjoying the feel of a cool breeze blow against my skin. "I do too," Keian agrees. "Do you think we'll ever go back to the forest?" "I don't know," I say. "Maybe, maybe not. It mainly depends on what you want." "All I want is to stay where you are happy," he tells me, smiling as he pulls me into a one-arm hug. I lean against him, resting my head on his shoulder. "Thank you," I say quietly. We agree to go for a walk, and so we set off along a faint trail that leads farther up the mountain. It's silent as we enjoy each other's company, and as I pick my way across boulders I can't help but think of Ballad and my first journey into the mountains. I had been scared of panthers and other dangers that my brother had told me about while Ballad, in his usual way, wasn't worried at all. It was hard to go from hot sun to freezing nights, walking across dizzyingly tall cliffs as we inched our way closer and closer to Keian. It certainly was a challenge, but I'm glad that we had dared to brave it. If I had balked and waited, I may not be where I am now. "Do you really believe your friend will return?" Keian's voice shatters my musings, and I almost feel as if he could see inside my head; although I know it was just chance he brought up the subject. "I think I do, I do believe," I say hesitantly. "I mean, he's always been hard to trust...But I feel like he will. I think he will want to come back, or so I hope." "Hmm, so you say," he murmurs. "And you're just friends, right?" "Keian!" I exclaim, pausing. "How could I ever be thinking about that, how [I]could [/i]I have especially when searching for you? We're just friends and that's all we ever will be, I swear." "Alright, no need to get upset," my brother says, laughing. "I just wanted to make sure, that's all. I don't need my young sister getting her hopes up for a mysterious dragon who won't even tell her his real name." I laugh with him, but look off to the side as his words hit a sore spot in me. I don't believe, not truly, that Ballad has told me his real name. Why he wouldn't want to let me know, I have no idea. But for some reason it upsets me. Maybe because I view him as such a close friend. "There goes Rye," I say, and Keian comes up to my side. We watch the child run across the camp, now nearly fifty feet below us, toward what I can only assume his friend's cave. I smile to myself as his white body, so bright against the harsh gray of stone, seems to flash like lightning. "He's a good kid," my brother comments. "I love him already, and I hardly know him," I say. "I want to give him the best home possibly, especially after feeling the effects of an awful parent myself." Keian frowns, emotions flashing by in his pale eyes. I share those feelings, thinking of how are parents were so eager to dispose of both of their children. "That's very good of you, Ria," he says at length, turning and smiling at me. "Come on, let's see if we can still catch the sunrise." I follow him up the trail, continuing on our walk. We go for a while, catching teasing glimpses of the rising sun as we go higher and higher on the mountain. Although the morning gets later, the air grows colder so I can just see my breath puff out in front of me. I'm just about to suggest to Keian for us to go back down when I hear a clattering of rocks. "What was that?" I say out loud, turning around and nearly skidding on loose pebbles. "I'm not sure," Keian responds, frowning as he comes to stand in front of me. "Maybe it's a panther," I whisper fearfully. "Well, I'll keep you safe." Is his reply. We slowly start going down the mountain, I pressing against my brother's side as he goes first. We don't make it very far before a little purple dragon comes leaping over a boulder, breath puffing away in great clouds. "Keffria!" He shouts, breathless. Izak skids to a halt before us, taking a moment to catch back his breath. "What is it?" I demand. "It's--It's Rye," he stammers, tears beginning to fall. "We were playing on another side of the mountain, a little way from camp. Then a big rockslide happened--happened, and...and..." "And what?" Keian asks gently as I stare blankly at him. All sorts of fear flash through my mind, but none of it compares to what the child has to say next. "Rye's dead!" ----- ----- [center][b]Go back to the top! --> [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2144894/1#2144894]Main Page[/url][/b][/center]
Webwing Alpha Scholar
DAY THIRTEEN & FOURTEEN

Ah; Pinkerton giveth, and Pinkerton taketh away.

Anyways, yesterday I actually got another familiar, so a second new dragon! :D It also happened to be a pearlcatcher, too, heh. I got this beautiful boy here that will be introduced today:

33231205_350.png

Meet Izak, already named so I left it.

As you can see, today was the update day. Pinkerton also gave me a battlestone, and the coin turned heads-up. :c However, I do not have three dragons ready for the coli yet so I'll do some special writing today that will include a death. You will be left in suspense as to what happens next!

Update pinglist: @SpottedLeaf125

"I've got to show you my best friend!" Rye's eager voice is loud and echoes off the cave's walls as I follow him.
"Alright, I'm coming," I say. I've been with this group of dragons for nearly a week, but I haven't really gotten to know Rye too well yet. He's been trying to fix that lately, since he'll be under my care soon.
"He's been sick while you've been here, so I haven't been able to show him to you," the child explains, trotting toward a certain cave.
"Oh, is he all better now?" I ask.
"Yup!" Rye says, nodding although not looking at me. I follow him into the dwelling, where I find two purple dragons talking to each other near the back. One is only a child--Rye's age--and the other much older.
"Oh, hello, Rye. Who's this?" The female--most likely the mother--looks up and smiles.
"Hi Miss Nakkita, hey Izak!" He says, grinning. "This is my friend Keffria, I'm going to start living with her soon!"
"That's wonderful," Nakkita says happily. "I'm glad you've been able to find a permanent place to stay, Rye. You are staying here, you and your brother and friend, correct?" She asks, looking to me.
"Yes, my brother and I. My friend left this morning, he didn't want to stay," I say. Rye turns to me, looking upset.
"Gray left?" He asks. I nod.
"Yes, early this morning. He'll return someday, but for now he's gone off exploring," I explain. The boy sighs, looking to his friend.
"You were sick so you couldn't see it, but Keffria's friend Gray could do magic! He would do these really cool tricks for me and the others."
"That's awesome, I wish I got to see it!" Izak's voice is deep, even for a child, and his smile brightens his whole face. Like Rye, I warm up instantly to these new dragons.
"Yeah, I wish too," Rye agrees. The two children begin an animated conversation between themselves, and so I settle myself beside Nakkita, curious to get to know her.
"How long have you lived here?" I ask, watching her as she responds.
"For nearly my whole life," she begins. "I lived elsewhere in the mountain, with my family and a few close friends. Not many dragons group together like this, so when I was older and found them, I wanted to join. I was welcomed warmly and settled; I daresay this is my fifth year here. Where did you come from, Keffria?"
I sigh, feeling a touch of emotion from the question. I answer, determinedly shaking away thoughts of my family. "I lived in a forest, the one south from here. It's quite a ways a way, and beautiful. I loved it there, but when my brother was taken away to work for the camps, I followed after him," I tell her.
"Did your friend go with you, or something of that effect?" Nakkita asks curiously.
"No, he found me in the forest a while after I left. When I woke up, he was there and walking away. After talking, we agreed to travel together. He always loved traveling, so I knew that he was going to leave here eventually," I answer.
"Oh, where did he come from?" She says.
"I really don't know, he never told me," I respond, shrugging. "He never told me much about himself, not even after two years of journeying together. Gray's always been mysterious that way, and I've learned not to question it."
"How interesting," Nakkita murmurs. "Did you know Rye is from a forest? Where I don't know, he's never told me. His mother came here when he was barely a week old, and died from the cold only days later. The father came too, but after his wife's death no one has seen him anymore."
"Yes, I know that much," I say, frowning. "Such an awful father! How could he abandon his young son and leave him to grow up in the care of strangers? It's so terrible, I feel so bad for him. Whenever I got to know Rye and learned of his parentage, I instantly sought to be in care of him. The leader is now clearing it up with his old foster parents." My companion looks a little surprised at my outburst, pausing a moment before responding.
"I agree, it was an awful act. If that father ever does come back, he will get a very cold shoulder from everyone. It's very kind of you, Keffria, to take Rye in. How does your brother like him?"
"Oh he loves him," I say. "Keian doesn't really know him that well, but is trying to get better acquainted with Rye."
"That's wonderful to hear," she replies, smiling.
"It is, at first I was almost afraid that he wouldn't say yes to me taking him in," I say. "Because we had just gotten back together, and are still trying to settle here."
"Of course, I can see why that might be a valid reason," Nakkita tells me. Our conversation falls silent, and we watch the children scuffle on the floor a few feet away. I smile as I watch Rye call himself triumphant, moments before Izak tackles him back to the stone ground. As I sit here, I can't help but feel the happiest I ever have in my life.

--

I walk through the forest, enjoying the pleasant warmth of spotted sunlight through leaves. I miss it. I miss my birthplace, of finding hidden brooks and finding deer-filled clearings. But now I am back, and I am happy. Thoughts of my brother, Rye, mountains, and mysterious friends keep just on the brink of my consciousness. I wander for a while, until I hear a terrible scream. Struck with panic, I run toward the voice to help. The scream rises again, and again, and I'm frantic as I crash through bushes. I look around wildly, my head twisting back and forth so fast that it hurts my neck.
"Where are you?" I shout, pausing for a break. I pant heavily, tired and nervous. Another awful scream is the only answer I get, and I begin to run again. Where, I no longer know. Heart pounding a frantic rhythm within me, I hear yet another long scream.
"Where are you?" I repeat, my voice stretching out into silence. Finally, a break from the voice. I slow down, gasping for breath, wondering if the horror is now over. I can't find the dragon, but I suppose it no longer matters. I'm terribly lost, and so I go to climb a tree so I can fly out above the forest. Another scream splits the quiet air, startling me so I lose my grip on damp bark. It crumbles away as I fall, and I look around yet again in confusion.
"Is anyone out there?" I call. Nothing. I don't know what's going on, and it is upsetting me. I walk for quite a while, hearing the occasional scream every now and again. Then, suddenly, I think I see a flash of color up ahead.
"Hello?" I shout, running toward the thing. Yes! It's a dragon; and I run toward them frantically. When I burst into a small clearing, a brilliant flash of light blinds me. I close my eyes and fall to the ground as I throw my arms over my face. When I slowly reopen my eyes and blink the forest back into focus, I see a dragon standing over me.
"Ballad?" I whisper, confused. "Can you tell me what is going on?"
"I'm sorry, Keffria, but you mustn't know," he responds, sounding remorseful. I gasp as I see blood on churned ground by his feet, and scramble back.
"Ballad!" I scream as he raises a hand.

I gasp, heart thundering furiously in my chest as I lurch awake. It's still rather dark in the cave, and in the entrance I can see a lone winking star. When I look over to my right, Keian is sleeping peacefully with his back turned toward me. When I look toward my left, I see large pink eyes glowing at me from the shadows. I jerk back in alarm, nearly yelling, before I remind myself it is just Rye.
"Keffria?" He whispers, frowning as he creeps up to me.
"It's alright, Rye," I answer. "I just had a bad dream, that's all."
"You looked awfully scared," he responds, sitting down besides me.
"Well, bad dreams make you scared," I say. "It can't be helped. But I'm fine now, I'm sorry to have woken you."
"It's alright," he says, smiling now. "Would you like me to sing you a lullaby, you know, to help you go back to sleep?"
"That would be wonderful, Rye," I tell him, a grateful smile turning the corners of my lips up.
"Great! I have this one song, the others here tell me it's called morning's ballad. I think there's another one that goes along with it, but I don't know anything about it," he says.
"Oh, alright. Well, let's hear it!" I say, trying to put a cheery tone in my voice. However, I feel rather alarmed at hearing the word ballad. Guess it's just the dream that still has its grip on me. Rye nods once, then begins in clear, sweetly child-like voice.

"Wake now, wake now,
You little child,
For the stars have hidden,
And the moon has taken a bow,

The sun arises,
In a cloak of gold,
With a painting of pink and red,
And a face to the earth so old,
Wake now, wake now,

The sun sings to you,
A ballad sweet in sound,
Gentle and lovely,
In you it can be found,

Wake now, wake now,
The moon is falling,
The birds begin their song,
Because, because,
The sun is calling,

Wake now, little child,
Listen to the ballad of the sun,
For her rising is finally done."

His song works, lulling me into a doze as I smile down at him, putting an arm affectionately around his shoulder.
"Thank you, Rye, that has helped," I say.
"I'm glad it did," he responds, snuggling against my side. We stay that way as I fall asleep, and dreamlessness claims me for the rest of the night.

--

I wake up to sunlight gently filling the cave, and for a few minutes I just lay here in peace. Rye is still knocked out beside me, mouth hanging slightly open as it rests on my shoulder. I run my fingers through his mane, taking in his face which is bathed in golden light. I look around when I hear a rustle, and see my brother has woken.
"Good morning," I murmur to him.
"Hey," he says. I carefully lay Rye on my bed, and then get up and follow him out the cave. We pause a few feet away, watching the empty clearing.
"I love it here," I whisper, enjoying the feel of a cool breeze blow against my skin.
"I do too," Keian agrees. "Do you think we'll ever go back to the forest?"
"I don't know," I say. "Maybe, maybe not. It mainly depends on what you want."
"All I want is to stay where you are happy," he tells me, smiling as he pulls me into a one-arm hug. I lean against him, resting my head on his shoulder.
"Thank you," I say quietly. We agree to go for a walk, and so we set off along a faint trail that leads farther up the mountain. It's silent as we enjoy each other's company, and as I pick my way across boulders I can't help but think of Ballad and my first journey into the mountains. I had been scared of panthers and other dangers that my brother had told me about while Ballad, in his usual way, wasn't worried at all. It was hard to go from hot sun to freezing nights, walking across dizzyingly tall cliffs as we inched our way closer and closer to Keian. It certainly was a challenge, but I'm glad that we had dared to brave it. If I had balked and waited, I may not be where I am now.
"Do you really believe your friend will return?" Keian's voice shatters my musings, and I almost feel as if he could see inside my head; although I know it was just chance he brought up the subject.
"I think I do, I do believe," I say hesitantly. "I mean, he's always been hard to trust...But I feel like he will. I think he will want to come back, or so I hope."
"Hmm, so you say," he murmurs. "And you're just friends, right?"
"Keian!" I exclaim, pausing. "How could I ever be thinking about that, how could I have especially when searching for you? We're just friends and that's all we ever will be, I swear."
"Alright, no need to get upset," my brother says, laughing. "I just wanted to make sure, that's all. I don't need my young sister getting her hopes up for a mysterious dragon who won't even tell her his real name." I laugh with him, but look off to the side as his words hit a sore spot in me. I don't believe, not truly, that Ballad has told me his real name. Why he wouldn't want to let me know, I have no idea. But for some reason it upsets me. Maybe because I view him as such a close friend.
"There goes Rye," I say, and Keian comes up to my side. We watch the child run across the camp, now nearly fifty feet below us, toward what I can only assume his friend's cave. I smile to myself as his white body, so bright against the harsh gray of stone, seems to flash like lightning.
"He's a good kid," my brother comments.
"I love him already, and I hardly know him," I say. "I want to give him the best home possibly, especially after feeling the effects of an awful parent myself." Keian frowns, emotions flashing by in his pale eyes. I share those feelings, thinking of how are parents were so eager to dispose of both of their children.
"That's very good of you, Ria," he says at length, turning and smiling at me. "Come on, let's see if we can still catch the sunrise." I follow him up the trail, continuing on our walk. We go for a while, catching teasing glimpses of the rising sun as we go higher and higher on the mountain. Although the morning gets later, the air grows colder so I can just see my breath puff out in front of me. I'm just about to suggest to Keian for us to go back down when I hear a clattering of rocks.
"What was that?" I say out loud, turning around and nearly skidding on loose pebbles.
"I'm not sure," Keian responds, frowning as he comes to stand in front of me.
"Maybe it's a panther," I whisper fearfully.
"Well, I'll keep you safe." Is his reply. We slowly start going down the mountain, I pressing against my brother's side as he goes first. We don't make it very far before a little purple dragon comes leaping over a boulder, breath puffing away in great clouds.
"Keffria!" He shouts, breathless. Izak skids to a halt before us, taking a moment to catch back his breath.
"What is it?" I demand.
"It's--It's Rye," he stammers, tears beginning to fall. "We were playing on another side of the mountain, a little way from camp. Then a big rockslide happened--happened, and...and..."
"And what?" Keian asks gently as I stare blankly at him. All sorts of fear flash through my mind, but none of it compares to what the child has to say next.
"Rye's dead!"

Go back to the top! --> Main Page
x8z3xmt.pngFor God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16
@MorningSkye

Love the art of Rye! :D It looks great!

Izak is GORGEOUS! :o I absolutely love his colors with his dark smoke and his arcane eyes! So pretty! <3

Oh no, when I read death.... :( I feared what would happen... That screaming was crazy and really creepy, and when Ballad appeared I thought WHAT DID YOU DO BALLAD?! Because I thought it said his feet were bloody. XD But that was STILL creepy.... Rye is so sweet to sing that song to her, he's such a nice little kid, I hope nothing happens to him.....

AND THEN I READ THE I CONTINUED READING AND THEN READ THE LAST PART NOOOO RYE ! ;; Why
@MorningSkye

Love the art of Rye! :D It looks great!

Izak is GORGEOUS! :o I absolutely love his colors with his dark smoke and his arcane eyes! So pretty! <3

Oh no, when I read death.... :( I feared what would happen... That screaming was crazy and really creepy, and when Ballad appeared I thought WHAT DID YOU DO BALLAD?! Because I thought it said his feet were bloody. XD But that was STILL creepy.... Rye is so sweet to sing that song to her, he's such a nice little kid, I hope nothing happens to him.....

AND THEN I READ THE I CONTINUED READING AND THEN READ THE LAST PART NOOOO RYE ! ;; Why
a3665186-2e54-4922-869a-430b41931c92.png
█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

Trigun Stampede - Dr. Stone
Fleet Foxes - Delicious in Dungeon

@SpottedLeaf125

Ah, thank you! I'm glad Izak was the cheapest I first saw, because he really is such a pretty dragon. c:

Yeah, the churned-up bloody ground was her memory of seeing it after she remembered the flash of light in the forest. Basically she was having a nightmare, as you can tell, of all the secrets Ballad has kept from her that she has hints about.

I KNOW SAME HERE I DON'T WANNA KILL HIM but just wait for tomorrows update, which will bring us back to Keffria and the mountain dragons. *sly smile* XD (I actually had this scene in my mind, in a slightly different situation, to do for a much later update. However, once I flipped heads it was the only way I could do things because I can't really kill of any other dragons yet XD)
@SpottedLeaf125

Ah, thank you! I'm glad Izak was the cheapest I first saw, because he really is such a pretty dragon. c:

Yeah, the churned-up bloody ground was her memory of seeing it after she remembered the flash of light in the forest. Basically she was having a nightmare, as you can tell, of all the secrets Ballad has kept from her that she has hints about.

I KNOW SAME HERE I DON'T WANNA KILL HIM but just wait for tomorrows update, which will bring us back to Keffria and the mountain dragons. *sly smile* XD (I actually had this scene in my mind, in a slightly different situation, to do for a much later update. However, once I flipped heads it was the only way I could do things because I can't really kill of any other dragons yet XD)
x8z3xmt.pngFor God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16
[center][item=extinguished jackalope pelt] [size=5][b][u]DAY FIFTEEN[/size][/b][/u] For once in my life, today I'll actually do a short writing update today. The last few have been waaaay too long, like six pages in word documents. Hazards of an avid writer, haha. Anyways, I'm going to leave you all in suspense and write about Ballad today, so you'll have to wait to hear more about poor Rye. >:) (also sorry if the writing is a bit choppy, my sister interrupted my soundtrack like three times to play piano XD) Pinglist for update: @SpottedLeaf125 ----- ----- The dragon flew all day long, soaring through the mountain peaks. He didn't go back. Not toward the little villages and the forest from which he came. No, he wanted to see what was beyond this wall of stone. Perhaps he could find another adventure, such as the one that brought him and Keffria together. Maybe something even more exciting. Long after night had fallen, rather exhausted, he rested in a small cave near the top of a mountain. He shivered at the cold, his breath clouding out before him in snowy-white plumes as he stared blankly out at the star-filled night. He thought about his friend, Keffria, and the dragons he had grown acquainted with. All of them left behind for another taste at adventure, and he felt a small pang of sadness. He would miss the friendly mountain group, but knew he would return someday. The thought put him at ease, and so he tried to settle down despite the frigid temperature. To take his mind off of the numb feeling entering his fingers, he began to sing in a quiet voice. "The soft darkness, it calls, The gentle breeze, it beckons, The sun, it falls, And the night arises black. The moon arises bright, Her stars come out, In all their might, And the song of the cricket, Chirps the melody of the night, Sleep now, Sleep now, little child, Forget the air so mild, And dream in the warmth of your nest, Lay down your head and rest..." He trails off and looks up, cocking his head. "Oh," he says, smiling. "Why didn't I think of that?" He then snaps his fingers and a flame blossoms in his palm. He allows it to grow, feeding it with magic until a gently smoking fire magically crackles on stone. The dragon huddles close to the flames, feeling warmth spread through his once-numb fingers. Curling up beside it, he fell into a deep slumber. -- The next morning he put out the fire and left before dawn. He soared through the freezing mountains, shivering but unable to help the cold as he flew. It took him until noon to finally reach the end of the mountain range, and alighting on top of a tall cliff he looked down into the land far below. He smiled, awed at the beauty. Who knew that such a wonderful land was beyond the mountains! ----- ----- [center][b]Go back to the top! --> [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2144894/1#2144894]Main Page[/url][/b][/center]
Extinguished Jackalope Pelt
DAY FIFTEEN

For once in my life, today I'll actually do a short writing update today. The last few have been waaaay too long, like six pages in word documents. Hazards of an avid writer, haha.

Anyways, I'm going to leave you all in suspense and write about Ballad today, so you'll have to wait to hear more about poor Rye. >:)

(also sorry if the writing is a bit choppy, my sister interrupted my soundtrack like three times to play piano XD)

Pinglist for update: @SpottedLeaf125

The dragon flew all day long, soaring through the mountain peaks. He didn't go back. Not toward the little villages and the forest from which he came. No, he wanted to see what was beyond this wall of stone. Perhaps he could find another adventure, such as the one that brought him and Keffria together. Maybe something even more exciting. Long after night had fallen, rather exhausted, he rested in a small cave near the top of a mountain. He shivered at the cold, his breath clouding out before him in snowy-white plumes as he stared blankly out at the star-filled night.
He thought about his friend, Keffria, and the dragons he had grown acquainted with. All of them left behind for another taste at adventure, and he felt a small pang of sadness. He would miss the friendly mountain group, but knew he would return someday. The thought put him at ease, and so he tried to settle down despite the frigid temperature. To take his mind off of the numb feeling entering his fingers, he began to sing in a quiet voice.

"The soft darkness, it calls,
The gentle breeze, it beckons,
The sun, it falls,
And the night arises black.

The moon arises bright,
Her stars come out,
In all their might,
And the song of the cricket,
Chirps the melody of the night,

Sleep now, Sleep now, little child,
Forget the air so mild,
And dream in the warmth of your nest,
Lay down your head and rest..."

He trails off and looks up, cocking his head. "Oh," he says, smiling. "Why didn't I think of that?" He then snaps his fingers and a flame blossoms in his palm. He allows it to grow, feeding it with magic until a gently smoking fire magically crackles on stone. The dragon huddles close to the flames, feeling warmth spread through his once-numb fingers. Curling up beside it, he fell into a deep slumber.

--

The next morning he put out the fire and left before dawn. He soared through the freezing mountains, shivering but unable to help the cold as he flew. It took him until noon to finally reach the end of the mountain range, and alighting on top of a tall cliff he looked down into the land far below. He smiled, awed at the beauty. Who knew that such a wonderful land was beyond the mountains!

@MorningSkye

Eager to see what will happen tomorrow with Rye, it sounds like you have something planned, I'm not sure if it's something good for little Rye or something sinister, LOL. xD

Nice update! I'm glad to see Ballard is enjoying himself for the most part, and it's nice to write shorter updates sometimes, I like doing them myself, but sometimes once I start writing so many ideas come that it's hard to stop without writing something long, so I totally understand that too. ^^'
@MorningSkye

Eager to see what will happen tomorrow with Rye, it sounds like you have something planned, I'm not sure if it's something good for little Rye or something sinister, LOL. xD

Nice update! I'm glad to see Ballard is enjoying himself for the most part, and it's nice to write shorter updates sometimes, I like doing them myself, but sometimes once I start writing so many ideas come that it's hard to stop without writing something long, so I totally understand that too. ^^'
█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

@Spottedleaf125

Ahh, you'll have to see! I actually got another familiar today, so I'm very hyped about that as I have a plan on how to use the new dragon. (a little spoiler is that the new drag will introduce us to the pinkerlocke's first antagonist!) She'll be briefly introduced today, and then I'll write about Keffria and the mountain dragons. c:

Thank you! Yeah, it is. I'm going to *try* very hard to keep this next update pretty short, haha. XD (we'll see what happens, though...)

Onto updating!
@Spottedleaf125

Ahh, you'll have to see! I actually got another familiar today, so I'm very hyped about that as I have a plan on how to use the new dragon. (a little spoiler is that the new drag will introduce us to the pinkerlocke's first antagonist!) She'll be briefly introduced today, and then I'll write about Keffria and the mountain dragons. c:

Thank you! Yeah, it is. I'm going to *try* very hard to keep this next update pretty short, haha. XD (we'll see what happens, though...)

Onto updating!
[center][item=dunewind manticore] [size=5][b][u]DAY SIXTEEN[/u][/b][/size] Pinkerton must suddenly love me, because I got a THIRD familiar! Anyways, today's update will introduce us to the new dragon, Marva: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33191079] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/331911/33191079_350.png[/img] [/url] As you can see, I decided to buy an adult this time and decked her out in apparel. :D As recently my updates have been super long, I'll try to spare you all (aka Spotted LOL) and keep the next few updates on the shorter side. This one will be a little longer, though, but shorter than the last few asides from Day Fifteen. Also, I'm finally getting to install some of my plot I came up with for this pinkerlocke today with this update, and I'm very hyped to get moving. So many exciting things to come! Pinglist for update: @SpottedLeaf125 ----- ----- The dragon raised her head into the air, tongue flickering out at the excitement that made her heart beat quickly. Yes! She felt it; a strong power that came from the south. Pulling back her hood, she stood quietly in the dawn light and smiled to herself. Walking right into their jaws, it seemed. It was a perfect opportunity and she wanted to grasp it firmly; she wanted the victory to be her own. But she knew that the others would soon feel it, or have already felt it. She hissed with annoyance and tugged the hood roughly back over her head and walked away. "Can you feel it?" A deep voice asked, belonging to a cloaked dragon who hunched by their dying fire. "Yes," she replied in her raspy, harsh voice. "I do, and it seems you do as well. I am excited and determined to take this one as mine. I deserve it, I let you take those last two," she said, a hint of danger on her tone. "Yes, yes, a debt I sadly now have to pay. But we are all scrambling and fighting with one another to take all the power for ourselves, and this is a selfish ambition of everyone. If you do not act quick enough, we may not even get it," he replies, stoking the fire with a stick before tossing it to the flames. "Exactly!" She hissed angrily. "I will head toward the power today, right now after I get something to eat. You stay behind, I do not trust you. Are you going to follow me and make things difficult, Aranad?" The dragon pulled back his hood a little so she could see his smirk and flashing eyes. "Why of course not, Marva. I am quite sated for now, and don't feel particularly eager for blood currently. I will stay back if that is your wish." "I do not trust your words," she responded harshly. "But all the same, I will keep an eye behind me the whole time. If I find you stalking me, I will kill you promptly. Be lucky I am even warning you; take it into consideration of our companionship." "I shall," he says, dipping his head as the dragon pulled his hood back over his face. "Good. I will see you soon, and by then I might consider ourselves equal," she tells him, grinning although her companion cannot see it. The dragon then snatched a hunk of rabbit lying besides the fire and took off, flying away. ----- Keian and myself ran as fast as Izak could, which wasn't quite as fast I wanted to move. Yet I knew that it wasn't fair to leave the others behind, and so I impatiently waited on them as we rushed toward the area of the rock-slide. The child took the lead once we raced through the camp, guiding us to where Rye was. I feel a lot of emotions right now. Shock. Horror. A great, terrible sadness, terror, grief. We halt at the site, where we find Nakkita pacing worriedly back and forth. She tops when she sees me and my brother behind her son. "I'm so sorry," she whispers, tears streaked on her face. I barely take her in, but instead kneel next to the body. Rye would look innocent if it weren't for the harshly cruel pool of blood underneath his head. Other than dust and a few scratches, his white body remains pure and unharmed. He isn't even in an odd position, and looks terribly much like I found him this morning on my shoulder. "Oh, Rye," I sigh, tears burning in my eyes. I succumb to them, allowing sobs to wrack my body over the little boy I barely even got to know. I reach out a trembling hand and touch his face lightly, as if scared. I then grow bolder, running my fingers through his soft mane as tears spill onto his cheeks from mine. I clutch one of his limp, still-warm hands in my own and dissolve into grief. How long I stay here, I do not know. A long time, I'm guessing, because the soon nearly proclaims noon before the tears dry and I finally cry myself out. I blink and look around and see the same dragons; Izak, Nakkita, and Keian watching me quietly. Nakkita holds her son tightly, who still is crying quietly into her shoulder. "He was so young," I breathe, when Keian crouches beside me. He nods, putting an arm around my shoulders. "I know, Ria, it's terrible," he agrees. Tears of his own shine in his eyes, but they don't spill. I lay my head on his shoulder and stare blankly at Rye's body. I feel numb now, as if grief has passed beyond pain and has gone to a feeling of nothing. After a while of sitting here on the cold stone, Keian quietly suggests that we should move to tell the others and prepare a burial. I let him go, unable to deal with such things. Nakkita and Izak leave with her, after the child comes over and stares at Rye for another silent minute. "Come on, Dear," the mother says, gently guiding her son away. He sniffs and follows after her, walking slowly down the path. I watch them go, unwilling to move from his side. I barely knew Rye. I didn't even get to spend much time with him; about a week. Yet his loss leaves a huge impact, and I feel tears burning the back of my eyes again. Looking down at him, I vaguely recall the song he sang to me last night. The morning's ballad. [i]"Wake now, wake now, You little child, For the stars have hidden, And the moon has taken a bow, The sun arises, In a cloak of gold, With a painting of pink and red, And a face to the earth so old, Wake now, wake now, The sun sings to you, A ballad sweet in sound, Gentle and lovely, In you it can be found, Wake now, wake now, The moon is falling, The birds begin their song, Because, because, The sun is calling, Wake now, little child, Listen to the ballad of the sun, For her rising is finally done."[/i] As my voice drifts away, more tears fall and I lay my fingers against Rye's cheek. A minute later, I'm startled when the light-pink markings on his sides, neck, and face begin to glow. They pulse a bright color and then fade to normal. I jerk back, alarmed and deeply confused, and stare entranced at the markings. They continue their pulsing for another several minutes, until it grows rapid and I feel as if the air is charged with something. "What's going on?" I wonder aloud, and then take in a sharp breath as a bright flash blinds me. I shield my eyes with my arms until the moment has passed, and then blink back the late morning's light as I take in Rye. His markings no longer glow or pulse, and I approach the body cautiously. Then his wing twitches. Next his arm, then an ear. I stare numbly; shock holding me captive. After another intense, confusing moment his eye lids begin to twitch. And then he blinks open his eyes. "K--Ke...Keffria?" ----- ----- [center][b]Go back to the top! --> [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2144894/1#2144894]Main Page[/url][/b][/center]
Dunewind Manticore
DAY SIXTEEN

Pinkerton must suddenly love me, because I got a THIRD familiar!

Anyways, today's update will introduce us to the new dragon, Marva:

33191079_350.png

As you can see, I decided to buy an adult this time and decked her out in apparel. :D

As recently my updates have been super long, I'll try to spare you all (aka Spotted LOL) and keep the next few updates on the shorter side. This one will be a little longer, though, but shorter than the last few asides from Day Fifteen.

Also, I'm finally getting to install some of my plot I came up with for this pinkerlocke today with this update, and I'm very hyped to get moving. So many exciting things to come!

Pinglist for update: @SpottedLeaf125

The dragon raised her head into the air, tongue flickering out at the excitement that made her heart beat quickly. Yes! She felt it; a strong power that came from the south. Pulling back her hood, she stood quietly in the dawn light and smiled to herself. Walking right into their jaws, it seemed. It was a perfect opportunity and she wanted to grasp it firmly; she wanted the victory to be her own. But she knew that the others would soon feel it, or have already felt it. She hissed with annoyance and tugged the hood roughly back over her head and walked away.
"Can you feel it?" A deep voice asked, belonging to a cloaked dragon who hunched by their dying fire.
"Yes," she replied in her raspy, harsh voice. "I do, and it seems you do as well. I am excited and determined to take this one as mine. I deserve it, I let you take those last two," she said, a hint of danger on her tone.
"Yes, yes, a debt I sadly now have to pay. But we are all scrambling and fighting with one another to take all the power for ourselves, and this is a selfish ambition of everyone. If you do not act quick enough, we may not even get it," he replies, stoking the fire with a stick before tossing it to the flames.
"Exactly!" She hissed angrily. "I will head toward the power today, right now after I get something to eat. You stay behind, I do not trust you. Are you going to follow me and make things difficult, Aranad?"
The dragon pulled back his hood a little so she could see his smirk and flashing eyes. "Why of course not, Marva. I am quite sated for now, and don't feel particularly eager for blood currently. I will stay back if that is your wish."
"I do not trust your words," she responded harshly. "But all the same, I will keep an eye behind me the whole time. If I find you stalking me, I will kill you promptly. Be lucky I am even warning you; take it into consideration of our companionship."
"I shall," he says, dipping his head as the dragon pulled his hood back over his face.
"Good. I will see you soon, and by then I might consider ourselves equal," she tells him, grinning although her companion cannot see it. The dragon then snatched a hunk of rabbit lying besides the fire and took off, flying away.

Keian and myself ran as fast as Izak could, which wasn't quite as fast I wanted to move. Yet I knew that it wasn't fair to leave the others behind, and so I impatiently waited on them as we rushed toward the area of the rock-slide. The child took the lead once we raced through the camp, guiding us to where Rye was. I feel a lot of emotions right now. Shock. Horror. A great, terrible sadness, terror, grief. We halt at the site, where we find Nakkita pacing worriedly back and forth. She tops when she sees me and my brother behind her son.
"I'm so sorry," she whispers, tears streaked on her face. I barely take her in, but instead kneel next to the body. Rye would look innocent if it weren't for the harshly cruel pool of blood underneath his head. Other than dust and a few scratches, his white body remains pure and unharmed. He isn't even in an odd position, and looks terribly much like I found him this morning on my shoulder.
"Oh, Rye," I sigh, tears burning in my eyes. I succumb to them, allowing sobs to wrack my body over the little boy I barely even got to know. I reach out a trembling hand and touch his face lightly, as if scared. I then grow bolder, running my fingers through his soft mane as tears spill onto his cheeks from mine. I clutch one of his limp, still-warm hands in my own and dissolve into grief. How long I stay here, I do not know. A long time, I'm guessing, because the soon nearly proclaims noon before the tears dry and I finally cry myself out. I blink and look around and see the same dragons; Izak, Nakkita, and Keian watching me quietly. Nakkita holds her son tightly, who still is crying quietly into her shoulder.
"He was so young," I breathe, when Keian crouches beside me. He nods, putting an arm around my shoulders.
"I know, Ria, it's terrible," he agrees. Tears of his own shine in his eyes, but they don't spill. I lay my head on his shoulder and stare blankly at Rye's body. I feel numb now, as if grief has passed beyond pain and has gone to a feeling of nothing. After a while of sitting here on the cold stone, Keian quietly suggests that we should move to tell the others and prepare a burial. I let him go, unable to deal with such things. Nakkita and Izak leave with her, after the child comes over and stares at Rye for another silent minute.
"Come on, Dear," the mother says, gently guiding her son away. He sniffs and follows after her, walking slowly down the path. I watch them go, unwilling to move from his side. I barely knew Rye. I didn't even get to spend much time with him; about a week. Yet his loss leaves a huge impact, and I feel tears burning the back of my eyes again. Looking down at him, I vaguely recall the song he sang to me last night. The morning's ballad.

"Wake now, wake now,
You little child,
For the stars have hidden,
And the moon has taken a bow,

The sun arises,
In a cloak of gold,
With a painting of pink and red,
And a face to the earth so old,
Wake now, wake now,

The sun sings to you,
A ballad sweet in sound,
Gentle and lovely,
In you it can be found,

Wake now, wake now,
The moon is falling,
The birds begin their song,
Because, because,
The sun is calling,

Wake now, little child,
Listen to the ballad of the sun,
For her rising is finally done."

As my voice drifts away, more tears fall and I lay my fingers against Rye's cheek. A minute later, I'm startled when the light-pink markings on his sides, neck, and face begin to glow. They pulse a bright color and then fade to normal. I jerk back, alarmed and deeply confused, and stare entranced at the markings. They continue their pulsing for another several minutes, until it grows rapid and I feel as if the air is charged with something.
"What's going on?" I wonder aloud, and then take in a sharp breath as a bright flash blinds me. I shield my eyes with my arms until the moment has passed, and then blink back the late morning's light as I take in Rye. His markings no longer glow or pulse, and I approach the body cautiously. Then his wing twitches. Next his arm, then an ear. I stare numbly; shock holding me captive. After another intense, confusing moment his eye lids begin to twitch. And then he blinks open his eyes.
"K--Ke...Keffria?"

@MorningSkye

AHH poor poor little Rye! ;; I cried a little while I was reading. POOR BABY! I'm glad though, even though it was a bit creepy with the twitching that he seems to be back! <3 Now Keffria keep that baby CLOSE and make sure he goes nowhere where he could get hurt!

I don't trust that mirror at all.... Her name might be Marva, like the dragon that makes stuff every April Fools on Flight Rising, but I still don't trust her or like her.... She better not be after Rye or Ballad, trying to EAT them or something. >:( I will beat her up LOL
@MorningSkye

AHH poor poor little Rye! ;; I cried a little while I was reading. POOR BABY! I'm glad though, even though it was a bit creepy with the twitching that he seems to be back! <3 Now Keffria keep that baby CLOSE and make sure he goes nowhere where he could get hurt!

I don't trust that mirror at all.... Her name might be Marva, like the dragon that makes stuff every April Fools on Flight Rising, but I still don't trust her or like her.... She better not be after Rye or Ballad, trying to EAT them or something. >:( I will beat her up LOL
█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

@Spottedleaf125

Aw, I'm so sorry I made you cry! D: Honestly I get choked up at my own character's death, though I wasn't really choked up about Rye because I knew I'd be saving him, haha. YO AIN'T GONNA START TAKING DRAGONS FROM ME YET PINKERTON!! *shakes angry fist*

Oh, Keffria is gonna keep Rye very close, as she's sort of a clingy dragon. cx (and loves her loved ones dearly!)

I don't trust Marva either. XD She's nothing like FR's kind, funny Marva, but instead someone who will turn out to be very bad indeed! She's gonna be getting a little cameo in the next few updates, and on top of it is going to be in a main update soon. c:

My plan, as I'll relay soon, is to update primarily on Saturday and Sunday and sometimes once or twice during the week if Pinkerton gives me something I want. It's mainly so I don't tempt myself to not doing school, as I'll easily abandon the latter over the former. Ahah.... ha...

(So I'm saying that to tell you you'll get an update tomorrow and on Sunday, plus I might update with some art today! Sorry for the long response, lol!)
@Spottedleaf125

Aw, I'm so sorry I made you cry! D: Honestly I get choked up at my own character's death, though I wasn't really choked up about Rye because I knew I'd be saving him, haha. YO AIN'T GONNA START TAKING DRAGONS FROM ME YET PINKERTON!! *shakes angry fist*

Oh, Keffria is gonna keep Rye very close, as she's sort of a clingy dragon. cx (and loves her loved ones dearly!)

I don't trust Marva either. XD She's nothing like FR's kind, funny Marva, but instead someone who will turn out to be very bad indeed! She's gonna be getting a little cameo in the next few updates, and on top of it is going to be in a main update soon. c:

My plan, as I'll relay soon, is to update primarily on Saturday and Sunday and sometimes once or twice during the week if Pinkerton gives me something I want. It's mainly so I don't tempt myself to not doing school, as I'll easily abandon the latter over the former. Ahah.... ha...

(So I'm saying that to tell you you'll get an update tomorrow and on Sunday, plus I might update with some art today! Sorry for the long response, lol!)
[center][item=nightmare] [size=5][b][u]DAY SEVENTEEN[/b][u][/size] Wow, Pinkerton, is this some sort of plan where you give me a bunch of dragons then start trying to kill them? I hope not. Meet Aranad, everyone! Figured I might as well add Marva's companion if Pinkerton is willing to give me another character: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33316620] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/333167/33316620_350.png[/img] [/url] I also have updated the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2144894/1#26212027]character page[/url] with all new dragons and I have given everyone a new shiny bio! (except our mains Keffria and Ballad) You can go read about them with that link. [b]As for new updates:[/b] IF I get food on an update day and feel like doing the coliseum, I can now do that, and will if I feel like adding some fighting/death/action. Updates now have a schedule: I will be only be updating this on Saturdays and Sundays, maybe once or twice a week if Pinkerton gives me something I would like. And I think that's all! Update for pinglist: @SpottedLeaf125 ----- ----- The dragon scowled as he fruitlessly tossed another stick onto the fire, which flickered and threw up sparks at the interruption in its dying dance. He preceded to finish off the rest of the meat, then settled back and watched the forest with wary eyes. No, he wouldn't follow her. Too dangerous, too foolish, even if he craved that power that pulsed through him like his own lifeblood. He blinked and called out; "Not sneaky enough. What do you want?" Another heavily cloaked and hooded dragon slipped out from the shadows underneath the trees. "I knew I couldn't sneak up on you, at least I figured so much. I was simply coming here in friendly terms," he responded, sitting close to the fire. "Don't lie," the other responded, a hint of a snarl in his tone. "We all feel that power. It's amazingly strong, the strongest I've ever felt. Everyone will be going for it, in fact Marva set off not long ago." "I wouldn't doubt it," his companion said. "She's ambitious and not very happy you stole her own source that week ago." "Yes, though I thought it was good for her. She's too selfish, too into her own tricks and ideas. I don't think Marva will last much longer, in fact, I might have to take the job into my own hands," the dragon said, frowning beneath his hood. "I thought you two were somewhat of acquaintances, though, Aranad," the other remarked. "Well, yes, she's useful to have around. But if Marva gets [i]too[/i] ambitious, we'll have to dispose of her." The other snorted, as if he found it amusing. "Shame. She could've been a great asset, but instead she's soon going to find herself in great trouble." Aranad laughed, tossing back his hood so his companion could see his smirk and flashing eyes. "Ah yes, indeed. Marva will soon be gone, and if you're not careful, you will too." ----- "Rye?" The dragon whispered, awe and fear laced in her tone. She stared in shock at the child, who coughed and attempted to sit up. "Wh--what happened?" He asked. "Oh Rye," Keffria breathed, scooping him up carefully in her arms and hugging him. "You were dead!" She started crying again, burying her face in his mane. "I was?" The child asked, fear in his wide eyes as the dragon pulled away. "Yes! My brother has gone down to the leader to tell him about you, but now it seems like you're alive again. I think...I think it's magic," she whispered the last words, as if they were delicate. "What do you mean?" Rye asked, shocked. Keffria placed a light hand on his shoulder, trailing her fingers over the now-dull pink markings. "I think it was your markings," she murmured. "They started glowing, and then you woke up." "Really?" He asked, blinking, stunned. Keffria realized that he was still in shock, and stroked his face. "We shouldn't really worry about this, Rye," she told him. "Let's just keep this between the two of us for now, shall we? It can be our secret; maybe we'll tell others if we learn more of it." "A--Alright," the child agreed, still sounding confused. "I promise I won't tell." "Thank you," she whispered, hugging him close again. "Maybe once my friend comes back, he can help us." ----- The dragon flew toward the mountains, where the pulse of magic originated from. She could feel the strong pull, and her pale blue eyes were fixed on the rocky peaks. But then, as she hurried onward, she felt another weaker source of magic coming from the right. Scowling, she alighted on the ground after a moment of circling. She walked toward the new feeling, a sense of protection and fury arising in a dangerous storm within her mind. [I]Who is this new dragon? Certainly he's after this power, and I mustn't let him take it,[/I] she thought. This new threat must be eliminated before they took away her power, and so Marva grinned. [i]More power for me! [/i]She thought with a laugh. ----- ----- [center][b]Go back to the top! --> [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2144894/1#2144894]Main Page[/url][/b][/center]
Nightmare
DAY SEVENTEEN

Wow, Pinkerton, is this some sort of plan where you give me a bunch of dragons then start trying to kill them? I hope not.

Meet Aranad, everyone! Figured I might as well add Marva's companion if Pinkerton is willing to give me another character:

33316620_350.png

I also have updated the character page with all new dragons and I have given everyone a new shiny bio! (except our mains Keffria and Ballad) You can go read about them with that link.

As for new updates:

IF I get food on an update day and feel like doing the coliseum, I can now do that, and will if I feel like adding some fighting/death/action.

Updates now have a schedule: I will be only be updating this on Saturdays and Sundays, maybe once or twice a week if Pinkerton gives me something I would like.

And I think that's all!

Update for pinglist: @SpottedLeaf125

The dragon scowled as he fruitlessly tossed another stick onto the fire, which flickered and threw up sparks at the interruption in its dying dance. He preceded to finish off the rest of the meat, then settled back and watched the forest with wary eyes. No, he wouldn't follow her. Too dangerous, too foolish, even if he craved that power that pulsed through him like his own lifeblood. He blinked and called out;
"Not sneaky enough. What do you want?" Another heavily cloaked and hooded dragon slipped out from the shadows underneath the trees.
"I knew I couldn't sneak up on you, at least I figured so much. I was simply coming here in friendly terms," he responded, sitting close to the fire.
"Don't lie," the other responded, a hint of a snarl in his tone. "We all feel that power. It's amazingly strong, the strongest I've ever felt. Everyone will be going for it, in fact Marva set off not long ago."
"I wouldn't doubt it," his companion said. "She's ambitious and not very happy you stole her own source that week ago."
"Yes, though I thought it was good for her. She's too selfish, too into her own tricks and ideas. I don't think Marva will last much longer, in fact, I might have to take the job into my own hands," the dragon said, frowning beneath his hood.
"I thought you two were somewhat of acquaintances, though, Aranad," the other remarked.
"Well, yes, she's useful to have around. But if Marva gets too ambitious, we'll have to dispose of her." The other snorted, as if he found it amusing.
"Shame. She could've been a great asset, but instead she's soon going to find herself in great trouble." Aranad laughed, tossing back his hood so his companion could see his smirk and flashing eyes.
"Ah yes, indeed. Marva will soon be gone, and if you're not careful, you will too."

"Rye?" The dragon whispered, awe and fear laced in her tone. She stared in shock at the child, who coughed and attempted to sit up.
"Wh--what happened?" He asked.
"Oh Rye," Keffria breathed, scooping him up carefully in her arms and hugging him. "You were dead!" She started crying again, burying her face in his mane.
"I was?" The child asked, fear in his wide eyes as the dragon pulled away.
"Yes! My brother has gone down to the leader to tell him about you, but now it seems like you're alive again. I think...I think it's magic," she whispered the last words, as if they were delicate.
"What do you mean?" Rye asked, shocked. Keffria placed a light hand on his shoulder, trailing her fingers over the now-dull pink markings.
"I think it was your markings," she murmured. "They started glowing, and then you woke up."
"Really?" He asked, blinking, stunned. Keffria realized that he was still in shock, and stroked his face.
"We shouldn't really worry about this, Rye," she told him. "Let's just keep this between the two of us for now, shall we? It can be our secret; maybe we'll tell others if we learn more of it."
"A--Alright," the child agreed, still sounding confused. "I promise I won't tell."
"Thank you," she whispered, hugging him close again. "Maybe once my friend comes back, he can help us."

The dragon flew toward the mountains, where the pulse of magic originated from. She could feel the strong pull, and her pale blue eyes were fixed on the rocky peaks. But then, as she hurried onward, she felt another weaker source of magic coming from the right. Scowling, she alighted on the ground after a moment of circling. She walked toward the new feeling, a sense of protection and fury arising in a dangerous storm within her mind.
Who is this new dragon? Certainly he's after this power, and I mustn't let him take it, she thought. This new threat must be eliminated before they took away her power, and so Marva grinned. More power for me! She thought with a laugh.

1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22