Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] Ballad of the Night
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21 22
[center][item=toridae chew toy] [size=5][b][u]DAY FORTY-FIVE[/u][/b][/size] ACK I didn't get the re-writes done today (need to do double tomorrow prolly, lol), dinner is just about ready, stupid preview froze and made me re-write this info here, and now I've got to re-write part of the story. Anyways, trying to be quick to see if I can get the update out before supper or not, lol. Visiting Ballad, Aera, and Nyu today. Tomorrow'll be Peppin and Izak, and I'll see if I can squeeze in some Rhaxu! (I was gonna do that tonight, but the update grew too long D:) For a reminder, Ballad & crew at the forest are only two or three weeks into that six-month time-skip. I'll see if I can catch them up to date, the lolly-gaggers! *sigh* Guess my hopes were in vain...To go eat... Pinglist for update: @SpottedLeaf125 @Amphithere ----- ----- Aera strolled through the forest, keeping a curious eye through the trees, as if looking for something. She was, in fact, looking for some[I]one[/I]. It had been a week since Ballad joined his mother's outpost as an official member of The Order of Mages, and they had already become good friends. They were supposed to meet out here again, but he was late. It was rather typical of him. She suddenly saw red eyes and a familiar build, but realized with a frustrated sigh that it was just Nyu. Since when did her comrade come into the forest this far? "Hullo Aera, what're you doing out here all on your own?" Nyu's crisply accented voice seemed to tease her, and from the glint in his eye they both knew why she was here. "Taking a stroll," she responded. "And hello." "Very friendly this morning!" He said, pausing next to her with a relaxed grin. Aera kept walking, hoping he'd grow tired of annoying her. "Sorry if I appear rude," she told him. "You should be!" Nyu said, mockingly hurt. "Though I accept your apology." "Good," she said. "Why are you out here, Nyu?" "Oh, you know. Felt your energy out this far--hey! Don't look at me like that, I was bored. I wondered what you were doing by yourself, so I went to look. If you don't want me to be here, just tell me to leave Aera." He paused, and she almost felt bad until his lips quirked up for a moment before being pressed down. "Stop trying to pull the heartstrings," she scolded him, though she was now smiling. "And seriously--I don't care that you track me. I think we all like to keep tabs on one another." The air seemed to sour, and Aera wondered if she should've said that. "Yes," he said. "Well, I'll be going now, seeing that you're being boring. Talk to you later, Aera!" He trotted away into the trees, throwing one last grin over his shoulder before his dark brown-gray colors blended him into the background. Moments later, Ballad's bright white fur emerged from the trees not so far from where Nyu had disappeared. Aera sighed, rolling her eyes to herself. Nyu seriously needed to stop poking his nose into her business, by tracking herself and Ballad, but...Maybe it [i]was[/i] a good idea to feel for each other's energy now and again. "Hey Aera," Ballad greeted, reaching her side. "Hello, how're you?" She replied. "Fine, you?" "I'm doing good," she told him. They walked quietly until they reached the stream. Aera sat down, but Ballad stood, scooping a smooth stone into his hand. She watched as he flicked his wrist, sending it to skip across the water three times before falling with a [i]plunk![/i] "You're good at that," she commented once Ballad had sent four more stones dancing over the water. He smiled slightly, sitting down next to her. "Thanks. I suppose my magic practice has helped with my wrist movements," he said. "Probably," Aera agreed. "I've tried skipping stones, but I'm no good at it." She laughed, shaking her head slightly. "That's too bad," Ballad said. Aera stared at the water for a minute, before tilting her head to look over at the other dragon. "Share one secret with me, and I'll share one with you," she said. Ballad looked surprised, then smirked. "What's this about?" "To get to know one another better, to trust each other too," she told him. "It'll be fun! I'll tell you a secret of my own first if you wish." She paused, as if searching for a good secret. "Nyu and I used to be rivals." "What?" Ballad looked slightly shocked, and Aera laughed. "We grew up in the same town, and when we went to schooling he'd always make fun of me. Mainly for my avid, bookish nature, but you know. We made up on the journey here." "Interesting," he murmured. "Hmm." He waited for a minute, before solemnly hanging his head. "I've tried to kill a dragon before." "Huh?" Aera asked, listing her head to the side. "You've heard I was in the battle that killed my Grandmother, well, in that battle I was trying to kill some of the Aetameres." He explained, waving a hand. "I think any mage in that situation would do the same thing," she told him, beginning to notice how much this seemed to bother Ballad. "Did...Did anyone actually die?" "My Grandmother killed three of them, the two most powerful Aetameres were attacking me," he said. "I thought I'd killed both of them at different times, but they came back. So I didn't kill anyone, but yes, three out of five died." "Oh." After hesitating, Aera reached out and took one of Ballad's hands. After a few minutes, he slowly squeezed it. [I]Five months later[/I] Laughter disrupted the otherwise quiet night in the forest as two young dragons splashed in the stream. It had started when Aera had fallen in quite accidently, then Ballad joined her and it began a friendly water-war. When exhaustion begged their tired limbs to bring them out of the water, the two dropped to the bank and lay on their backs; watching the stars and telling each other stories of their childhood. "Oh look," Aera suddenly interrupted herself, scrambling to her feet. "Fire flies!" She turned and beckoned to Ballad, who quickly followed her. Several glittering insects flickered on the opposite bank, and they crossed a few jutting rocks to avoid getting wet again. "They're pretty," he commented, watching Aera reach out a hand to one. It alighted on her finger, gently glowing on and off. She sighed, mesmerized. "It's beautiful," she whispered. -- Nyu snorted with laughter to himself, and his cousin elbowed him. "To think our little Aera has grown up and found herself a boyfriend," he commented dryly. "I'm honestly surprised there isn't more romance between those two," Nyu said, grinning. "They did just meet a few months ago," Noya told him. "At least they're being sensible. Unlike [i]someone[/i] I know, who would not be smart like they are." "Oh shut up," Nyu said, though he smirked. "I can't help it if the girl is pretty!" Noya rolled his eyes, chuckling. "I'm heading off to bed, you should too, Nyu, before you get any fantasies stuck in that foolish head of yours." "You're calling [i]my [/i]head foolish? Have you looked in the stream recently?" Nyu shot back, and both sniggered as they headed for their separate huts. "Actually yes, and all I saw was a very handsome dragon," Noya told him, mockingly seriously. "Tch. I'm obviously the better looking between us." "Oh, go to sleep," Noya said, rolling his eyes. Still chuckling, Nyu headed into his hut and dropped into bed. As he at last felt his tiredness drag him toward unconsciousness, he thought again about Aera and Ballad. Readjusting himself, the dragon reached out to feel their energies, curious to know if they were heading back yet. And then Nyu bolted out of bed, scrambling for the door of his hut. "Ryla!" He shouted, banging on her own door. "Ryla! It's happening--" at that moment the dragon had staggered to come outside, looking bleary with sleep. "The Aetameres are coming-- and Ballad and Aera are right in their path." ----- ----- [center][b]Go back to the top! --> [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2144894/1#2144894]Main Page[/url][/b][/center]
Toridae Chew Toy
DAY FORTY-FIVE

ACK I didn't get the re-writes done today (need to do double tomorrow prolly, lol), dinner is just about ready, stupid preview froze and made me re-write this info here, and now I've got to re-write part of the story.

Anyways, trying to be quick to see if I can get the update out before supper or not, lol. Visiting Ballad, Aera, and Nyu today. Tomorrow'll be Peppin and Izak, and I'll see if I can squeeze in some Rhaxu! (I was gonna do that tonight, but the update grew too long D:)

For a reminder, Ballad & crew at the forest are only two or three weeks into that six-month time-skip. I'll see if I can catch them up to date, the lolly-gaggers!

*sigh* Guess my hopes were in vain...To go eat...

Pinglist for update: @SpottedLeaf125 @Amphithere

Aera strolled through the forest, keeping a curious eye through the trees, as if looking for something. She was, in fact, looking for someone. It had been a week since Ballad joined his mother's outpost as an official member of The Order of Mages, and they had already become good friends. They were supposed to meet out here again, but he was late. It was rather typical of him.
She suddenly saw red eyes and a familiar build, but realized with a frustrated sigh that it was just Nyu. Since when did her comrade come into the forest this far? "Hullo Aera, what're you doing out here all on your own?" Nyu's crisply accented voice seemed to tease her, and from the glint in his eye they both knew why she was here.
"Taking a stroll," she responded. "And hello."
"Very friendly this morning!" He said, pausing next to her with a relaxed grin. Aera kept walking, hoping he'd grow tired of annoying her.
"Sorry if I appear rude," she told him.
"You should be!" Nyu said, mockingly hurt. "Though I accept your apology."
"Good," she said. "Why are you out here, Nyu?"
"Oh, you know. Felt your energy out this far--hey! Don't look at me like that, I was bored. I wondered what you were doing by yourself, so I went to look. If you don't want me to be here, just tell me to leave Aera." He paused, and she almost felt bad until his lips quirked up for a moment before being pressed down.
"Stop trying to pull the heartstrings," she scolded him, though she was now smiling. "And seriously--I don't care that you track me. I think we all like to keep tabs on one another."
The air seemed to sour, and Aera wondered if she should've said that.
"Yes," he said. "Well, I'll be going now, seeing that you're being boring. Talk to you later, Aera!" He trotted away into the trees, throwing one last grin over his shoulder before his dark brown-gray colors blended him into the background.
Moments later, Ballad's bright white fur emerged from the trees not so far from where Nyu had disappeared. Aera sighed, rolling her eyes to herself. Nyu seriously needed to stop poking his nose into her business, by tracking herself and Ballad, but...Maybe it was a good idea to feel for each other's energy now and again.
"Hey Aera," Ballad greeted, reaching her side.
"Hello, how're you?" She replied.
"Fine, you?"
"I'm doing good," she told him. They walked quietly until they reached the stream. Aera sat down, but Ballad stood, scooping a smooth stone into his hand. She watched as he flicked his wrist, sending it to skip across the water three times before falling with a plunk!
"You're good at that," she commented once Ballad had sent four more stones dancing over the water. He smiled slightly, sitting down next to her.
"Thanks. I suppose my magic practice has helped with my wrist movements," he said.
"Probably," Aera agreed. "I've tried skipping stones, but I'm no good at it." She laughed, shaking her head slightly.
"That's too bad," Ballad said. Aera stared at the water for a minute, before tilting her head to look over at the other dragon.
"Share one secret with me, and I'll share one with you," she said. Ballad looked surprised, then smirked.
"What's this about?"
"To get to know one another better, to trust each other too," she told him. "It'll be fun! I'll tell you a secret of my own first if you wish." She paused, as if searching for a good secret. "Nyu and I used to be rivals."
"What?" Ballad looked slightly shocked, and Aera laughed.
"We grew up in the same town, and when we went to schooling he'd always make fun of me. Mainly for my avid, bookish nature, but you know. We made up on the journey here."
"Interesting," he murmured. "Hmm." He waited for a minute, before solemnly hanging his head. "I've tried to kill a dragon before."
"Huh?" Aera asked, listing her head to the side.
"You've heard I was in the battle that killed my Grandmother, well, in that battle I was trying to kill some of the Aetameres." He explained, waving a hand.
"I think any mage in that situation would do the same thing," she told him, beginning to notice how much this seemed to bother Ballad. "Did...Did anyone actually die?"
"My Grandmother killed three of them, the two most powerful Aetameres were attacking me," he said. "I thought I'd killed both of them at different times, but they came back. So I didn't kill anyone, but yes, three out of five died."
"Oh." After hesitating, Aera reached out and took one of Ballad's hands. After a few minutes, he slowly squeezed it.

Five months later

Laughter disrupted the otherwise quiet night in the forest as two young dragons splashed in the stream. It had started when Aera had fallen in quite accidently, then Ballad joined her and it began a friendly water-war. When exhaustion begged their tired limbs to bring them out of the water, the two dropped to the bank and lay on their backs; watching the stars and telling each other stories of their childhood.
"Oh look," Aera suddenly interrupted herself, scrambling to her feet. "Fire flies!" She turned and beckoned to Ballad, who quickly followed her. Several glittering insects flickered on the opposite bank, and they crossed a few jutting rocks to avoid getting wet again.
"They're pretty," he commented, watching Aera reach out a hand to one. It alighted on her finger, gently glowing on and off. She sighed, mesmerized.
"It's beautiful," she whispered.

--

Nyu snorted with laughter to himself, and his cousin elbowed him. "To think our little Aera has grown up and found herself a boyfriend," he commented dryly.
"I'm honestly surprised there isn't more romance between those two," Nyu said, grinning.
"They did just meet a few months ago," Noya told him. "At least they're being sensible. Unlike someone I know, who would not be smart like they are."
"Oh shut up," Nyu said, though he smirked. "I can't help it if the girl is pretty!" Noya rolled his eyes, chuckling. "I'm heading off to bed, you should too, Nyu, before you get any fantasies stuck in that foolish head of yours."
"You're calling my head foolish? Have you looked in the stream recently?" Nyu shot back, and both sniggered as they headed for their separate huts.
"Actually yes, and all I saw was a very handsome dragon," Noya told him, mockingly seriously.
"Tch. I'm obviously the better looking between us."
"Oh, go to sleep," Noya said, rolling his eyes. Still chuckling, Nyu headed into his hut and dropped into bed. As he at last felt his tiredness drag him toward unconsciousness, he thought again about Aera and Ballad. Readjusting himself, the dragon reached out to feel their energies, curious to know if they were heading back yet.
And then Nyu bolted out of bed, scrambling for the door of his hut. "Ryla!" He shouted, banging on her own door. "Ryla! It's happening--" at that moment the dragon had staggered to come outside, looking bleary with sleep. "The Aetameres are coming-- and Ballad and Aera are right in their path."

Go back to the top! --> Main Page
x8z3xmt.pngFor God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16
[center][item=white reaches crab] [size=5][b][u]DAY FORTY-SIX[/u][/b][/size] Seriously, Pinkerton? I don't want to, not at all, do rounds right now. So I'll do them later lol. Got home late from a church event and wanting to possibly go look for muck boots (my old ones are getting way too small >m<) so probably a shorter update today. We'll see, first tack store I'm planning on possibly going to closes in a few hours. ANYWAYS. Today I want to write about Rhaxu and see what that child is up to. Also we'll look back to Peppin and Izak to see where they at. Pinglist for update: @SpottedLeaf125 @Amphithere ----- ----- Voices; taunting voices. Rhaxu couldn't get them out of his head. They chased him no matter how hard he flew or ran, they kept right on his heels, always there. It was enough to drive him mad. He lay awake at night, clutching his head and moaning at the headache that raged there. Other nights he sobbed under the stars until they disappeared and mercifully let the sun come and tell him to hurry on. Still other nights he didn't even attempt sleep. Rhaxu was exhausted, both emotionally and physically. Honestly, he didn't know why he was making such a large deal out of what happened. Perhaps it was the crushing reality, when he had hoped for something so much higher. So much [i]better.[/i] It angered him more than anything. That was why he was hurrying on toward the forest. That was where his new hope, his new life, his [i]so much better [/i]was. Yet, days later, Rhaxu got a taste of what he wanted. A proudly held, scar-covered dragon much larger than him stopped the young dragon when he neared the forest. "What are you doing here, mage? You do realize you've met your death?" The dragon's voice was haughty and happy, grinning down at him. Rhaxu glared up boldly, fur bristling. "I've come to join you." "Really? A young wimp like you?" The dragon taunted. Rhaxu was tired of taunting voices, and with an enraged snarl he slashed out with his claws at the adult. The other dragon was surprised, allowing the claws to rip four faintly red scratches on his chest. "I'm no wimp, I'm here to learn," Rhaxu corrected him, continue to glare. The other dragon laughed, grinning. "So I see. Come on now, you've shown you're trustworthy. Now let's just see if you have what it takes to become an Aetamere." ----- "Peppin, we should decide on where in Agmae we're going to settle. There's got to be some place we can, so I can continue my training. I'm no good like this, travelling all the time. It is exhausting me," Izak had finally--boldly--told himself that he needed to have this talk with his mentor. She looked up, grunting. "That much is obvious." "Then do something about it!" Izak snapped, beginning to feel irritated. "I'm sick and tired of running ragged, then back tracking on all that tiresome work when we feel the faintest hint of magic." "About time you spoke up," Peppin told him, then patted the ground next to her. Izak didn't sit, however, but stood standing. She growled. "Sit down, Izak. I don't want a crick in my neck." The dragon sat, still glowering and looking a little pouty. "I might as well be out with it. I've been waiting for you to grow enough of a backbone to stand up to me, that's why we've been running around like a hen without a head, Izak. Anywhere that isn't Aetamere country, pick it." "What?" Izak asked, thrown off guard. "Pick where we want to go. Some place you've always dreamed of seeing? If it isn't swarming with mages or Aetameres, we will go there. If you want to finish your training--and do it well--then I want you to be in a comfortable place. Got any place we can go?" She cocked her head at him, analyzing the young dragon. Izak seemed fairly shocked, as if he wasn't expecting this. He stared at the ground for a long few minutes, frowning and squinting his eyes. "I...I...Don't really have a place--well, I do sort of miss the mountains. Not that we are going back," he added quickly. Peppin groaned, throwing her head back. "My gosh, boy, you have to torture me with more mountains? I swear I nearly got arthritis in your hometown--even in my young age." "We don't have to go to more mountains, Peppin," Izak quickly put in. "I mean, shouldn't the comfort of the mentor be just as important as the comfort of the student?" "At least you finally see that," Peppin growled, shooting him an annoyed look. Izak ignored her, trying to think up another place that he'd always wanted to visit. "Know of any forests nearby that aren't swarmed with Aetameres or Order members?" "Yeah," she said, slowly nodding. "Yeah I do." "So it's settled?" Izak asked. "It is indeed, Izak. Let's get going." ----- ----- [center][b]Go back to the top! --> [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2144894/1#2144894]Main Page[/url][/b][/center]
White Reaches Crab
DAY FORTY-SIX

Seriously, Pinkerton? I don't want to, not at all, do rounds right now. So I'll do them later lol. Got home late from a church event and wanting to possibly go look for muck boots (my old ones are getting way too small >m<) so probably a shorter update today. We'll see, first tack store I'm planning on possibly going to closes in a few hours.

ANYWAYS. Today I want to write about Rhaxu and see what that child is up to. Also we'll look back to Peppin and Izak to see where they at.

Voices; taunting voices. Rhaxu couldn't get them out of his head. They chased him no matter how hard he flew or ran, they kept right on his heels, always there. It was enough to drive him mad. He lay awake at night, clutching his head and moaning at the headache that raged there. Other nights he sobbed under the stars until they disappeared and mercifully let the sun come and tell him to hurry on. Still other nights he didn't even attempt sleep.
Rhaxu was exhausted, both emotionally and physically.
Honestly, he didn't know why he was making such a large deal out of what happened. Perhaps it was the crushing reality, when he had hoped for something so much higher. So much better. It angered him more than anything.
That was why he was hurrying on toward the forest. That was where his new hope, his new life, his so much better was. Yet, days later, Rhaxu got a taste of what he wanted. A proudly held, scar-covered dragon much larger than him stopped the young dragon when he neared the forest.
"What are you doing here, mage? You do realize you've met your death?" The dragon's voice was haughty and happy, grinning down at him. Rhaxu glared up boldly, fur bristling.
"I've come to join you."
"Really? A young wimp like you?" The dragon taunted. Rhaxu was tired of taunting voices, and with an enraged snarl he slashed out with his claws at the adult. The other dragon was surprised, allowing the claws to rip four faintly red scratches on his chest.
"I'm no wimp, I'm here to learn," Rhaxu corrected him, continue to glare. The other dragon laughed, grinning.
"So I see. Come on now, you've shown you're trustworthy. Now let's just see if you have what it takes to become an Aetamere."

"Peppin, we should decide on where in Agmae we're going to settle. There's got to be some place we can, so I can continue my training. I'm no good like this, travelling all the time. It is exhausting me," Izak had finally--boldly--told himself that he needed to have this talk with his mentor. She looked up, grunting.
"That much is obvious."
"Then do something about it!" Izak snapped, beginning to feel irritated. "I'm sick and tired of running ragged, then back tracking on all that tiresome work when we feel the faintest hint of magic."
"About time you spoke up," Peppin told him, then patted the ground next to her. Izak didn't sit, however, but stood standing. She growled. "Sit down, Izak. I don't want a crick in my neck."
The dragon sat, still glowering and looking a little pouty.
"I might as well be out with it. I've been waiting for you to grow enough of a backbone to stand up to me, that's why we've been running around like a hen without a head, Izak. Anywhere that isn't Aetamere country, pick it."
"What?" Izak asked, thrown off guard.
"Pick where we want to go. Some place you've always dreamed of seeing? If it isn't swarming with mages or Aetameres, we will go there. If you want to finish your training--and do it well--then I want you to be in a comfortable place. Got any place we can go?" She cocked her head at him, analyzing the young dragon.
Izak seemed fairly shocked, as if he wasn't expecting this. He stared at the ground for a long few minutes, frowning and squinting his eyes. "I...I...Don't really have a place--well, I do sort of miss the mountains. Not that we are going back," he added quickly.
Peppin groaned, throwing her head back. "My gosh, boy, you have to torture me with more mountains? I swear I nearly got arthritis in your hometown--even in my young age."
"We don't have to go to more mountains, Peppin," Izak quickly put in. "I mean, shouldn't the comfort of the mentor be just as important as the comfort of the student?"
"At least you finally see that," Peppin growled, shooting him an annoyed look.
Izak ignored her, trying to think up another place that he'd always wanted to visit. "Know of any forests nearby that aren't swarmed with Aetameres or Order members?"
"Yeah," she said, slowly nodding. "Yeah I do."
"So it's settled?" Izak asked.
"It is indeed, Izak. Let's get going."

x8z3xmt.pngFor God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16
[center][item=ranger's wing cover] [size=5][b][u]DAY FORTY-SEVEN[/u][/b][/size] Today, I am dedicating this Saturday that I woke up very, very, late on to my pinkerlocke! Or hopefully an hour or two writing re-writes [s](SLACKING? Who's been slacking? oh...me...)[/s], updating the index, and of course, writing today's update. OH YES. And finally making that playlist! I'll be posting it on youtube for easy access. Sheesh, Pink. Don't you know that I'm trying to give the readers suspense before returning to Ballad??? I mean, I could write friendship between others, but I thought why not show some progression between Ballad and Aera? No. I am not breeding anyone yet. Do you think a dating couple would have eggs six months into their relationship? Yick. I did ONE measly re-write yesterday before driving up to bro's college ([s]heck no I did not drive. I'm nervous to go 45 mph on a barely crowded three-lane road)[/s] with my family to settle in my bro for fall semester in college. Read it here: [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2144894/2#26422864]Day Five[/url] Pinglist for update: @SpottedLeaf125 @Amphithere ----- ----- Aera watched as Ballad stared at the water, seemingly lost in thought. She wondered if they should start heading back to their huts soon, but decided not to bring it up yet. "Aera?" "Yes?" She asked. He turned to look at her, before glancing at the ground. "What is it?" "I don't know," he sighed. "Don't know what?" She gently urged him, and Ballad glanced back up. "Well," he said hesitantly. "I was going to tell you that you've been such a good friend to me. Not that I'm not friends with Nyu and the others, but you know. You've really helped me get over my Grandmother's death, and have always been someone to listen to my unfair rants. I suppose I just find it really awkward to come back here, not even remembering anything. Well..." He trails off, his eyes finding the sandy bank again. "You're welcome. I'll always be here to listen to you, Ballad. I'm glad I could help you, I can understand how hard its been." She debated bringing up the fact of how guilty she felt about his father dying to protect her, but then thought it was better to leave that for another time. "Thank you again. Aera..." He squeezed her hand, and Aera nearly jumped. She'd quite forgotten their fingers were still laced together. "Yes?" She queried. "I...I..." He broke off, head snapping around sharply. Aera strained to see what he might be seeing, but then it slowly registered. "There's energy out there," Ballad breathed, sounding alarmed. "Aetameres. Aera--we've got to get out of here!" He leapt to his feet, dragging her along behind him. Aera scrambled after Ballad, heart beginning to pound as awful memories began to overtake her vision. "Come on!" Ballad hissed just as she stumbled and fell. "Sorry," she gasped. "I'm trying." She climbed back to her feet, hurrying after him. "It's fine," Ballad said curtly. Yet even as they ran, Aera wasn't expecting a shout behind them. When she looked over her shoulder, she saw the first Aetamere barreling toward them, teeth bared and bloodlust in their eyes. ----- Rhaxu was awed by the large, skeletal trees that towered around them. They seemed healthy and thriving, yet at the same time at skinnier trunks and the lower branches were bare, clacking together and creating a chilling, constant chiming. The top branches were choked with thick, dark leaves; making it seem from the outer-eye to be a normal forest. But it wasn't. His guide wound his way through the trees, confidently leading him somewhere. Rhaxu could only guess it was to their leader, or whoever ran the Aetameres. It was a long walk, but Rhaxu didn't complain. He was sure training--if he was accepted--would be even harsher than a small stitch in his side. The young dragon didn't want to think about if he wasn't accepted. He just assumed he would, refusing to think of death. "When you meet Lord Rygna, you are expected to lower your head in submission and are not allowed to look him in the eye. Do whatever he says, don't speak a word out of turn, don't refuse anything he says. That'll at least keep you alive a little longer if you aren't accepted." The dragon says from in front of Rhaxu. "Alright," he said, pushing any traces of fear far behind him. He refused to be afraid. Rhaxu wanted this, this was going to be his life. Lord Rygna was to be his new master. Hours later, with only two short stops, Rhaxu and his guide reached the other end of the forest. It started up again almost a league across the clearing, but a field stretched on to the left, free of the skeletal trees. Standing in the middle of the clearing was a dark-colored, twisted castle that had awful spikes on the walls, the rocks placed haphazardly and making it seem like the whole thing could collapse. Yet at the same time, Rhaxu was greatly impressed. It was massive, with only two towers near the front of it. They were very tall, almost leaning at some points, and covered in what looked like soot. They walked across the valley, and as they did Rhaxu passed through various camps and buildings spread out across it. Dragons lounged around or fought together, ringed by other Aetameres who egged them on and placed bets. It looked rough, but glorious. "Ay! Jhur has brought in a child, wonder what the poor little fella' did," one dragon from a nearby tent piped up. Jhur turned and hissed at him, clearly angered. Rhaxu, too, bristled. "I'm not a poor child!" He snarled, despite Jhur trying to push him back. Rhaxu stepped closer, tail lashing. "I'm here to join the Aetameres, and I've done nothing but seek you out." "Feisty," one of the friends of the out-speaker said, chuckling. Rhaxu snarled at him, too. "I'll show you all! I will far out succeed all of you," he shouted. At that time, his guide grabbed his arm roughly and dragged him away. "Shut up scrap," he spat in his face. "Keep your jaw shut and ignore them, or you might not even get a chance to pass the gate." Looking around at the crowd beginning to gather, Rhaxu followed Jhur's advice. None of the dragons looked the least-bit friendly, but acted as if they were predators. He refused--like many other things--to let this scare him. Rhaxu kept his mouth shut, the dragons stayed back--mostly at the bouts of fire Jhur spat at them and his cursing--and they at last reached the gate. It didn't appear to be manned, but at a few harsh words from his guide it opened. Rhaxu walked in, chin thrust out. It was time to meet Lord Rygna. ----- ----- [center][b]Go back to the top! --> [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2144894/1#2144894]Main Page[/url][/b][/center]
Ranger's Wing Cover
DAY FORTY-SEVEN

Today, I am dedicating this Saturday that I woke up very, very, late on to my pinkerlocke! Or hopefully an hour or two writing re-writes (SLACKING? Who's been slacking? oh...me...), updating the index, and of course, writing today's update. OH YES. And finally making that playlist! I'll be posting it on youtube for easy access.

Sheesh, Pink. Don't you know that I'm trying to give the readers suspense before returning to Ballad??? I mean, I could write friendship between others, but I thought why not show some progression between Ballad and Aera?

No. I am not breeding anyone yet. Do you think a dating couple would have eggs six months into their relationship? Yick.

I did ONE measly re-write yesterday before driving up to bro's college (heck no I did not drive. I'm nervous to go 45 mph on a barely crowded three-lane road) with my family to settle in my bro for fall semester in college. Read it here:

Day Five

Aera watched as Ballad stared at the water, seemingly lost in thought. She wondered if they should start heading back to their huts soon, but decided not to bring it up yet.
"Aera?"
"Yes?" She asked. He turned to look at her, before glancing at the ground. "What is it?"
"I don't know," he sighed.
"Don't know what?" She gently urged him, and Ballad glanced back up.
"Well," he said hesitantly. "I was going to tell you that you've been such a good friend to me. Not that I'm not friends with Nyu and the others, but you know. You've really helped me get over my Grandmother's death, and have always been someone to listen to my unfair rants. I suppose I just find it really awkward to come back here, not even remembering anything. Well..." He trails off, his eyes finding the sandy bank again.
"You're welcome. I'll always be here to listen to you, Ballad. I'm glad I could help you, I can understand how hard its been." She debated bringing up the fact of how guilty she felt about his father dying to protect her, but then thought it was better to leave that for another time.
"Thank you again. Aera..." He squeezed her hand, and Aera nearly jumped. She'd quite forgotten their fingers were still laced together.
"Yes?" She queried.
"I...I..." He broke off, head snapping around sharply. Aera strained to see what he might be seeing, but then it slowly registered.
"There's energy out there," Ballad breathed, sounding alarmed. "Aetameres. Aera--we've got to get out of here!" He leapt to his feet, dragging her along behind him. Aera scrambled after Ballad, heart beginning to pound as awful memories began to overtake her vision.
"Come on!" Ballad hissed just as she stumbled and fell.
"Sorry," she gasped. "I'm trying." She climbed back to her feet, hurrying after him.
"It's fine," Ballad said curtly. Yet even as they ran, Aera wasn't expecting a shout behind them. When she looked over her shoulder, she saw the first Aetamere barreling toward them, teeth bared and bloodlust in their eyes.

Rhaxu was awed by the large, skeletal trees that towered around them. They seemed healthy and thriving, yet at the same time at skinnier trunks and the lower branches were bare, clacking together and creating a chilling, constant chiming. The top branches were choked with thick, dark leaves; making it seem from the outer-eye to be a normal forest. But it wasn't.
His guide wound his way through the trees, confidently leading him somewhere. Rhaxu could only guess it was to their leader, or whoever ran the Aetameres.
It was a long walk, but Rhaxu didn't complain. He was sure training--if he was accepted--would be even harsher than a small stitch in his side. The young dragon didn't want to think about if he wasn't accepted. He just assumed he would, refusing to think of death.
"When you meet Lord Rygna, you are expected to lower your head in submission and are not allowed to look him in the eye. Do whatever he says, don't speak a word out of turn, don't refuse anything he says. That'll at least keep you alive a little longer if you aren't accepted." The dragon says from in front of Rhaxu.
"Alright," he said, pushing any traces of fear far behind him. He refused to be afraid. Rhaxu wanted this, this was going to be his life. Lord Rygna was to be his new master.

Hours later, with only two short stops, Rhaxu and his guide reached the other end of the forest. It started up again almost a league across the clearing, but a field stretched on to the left, free of the skeletal trees. Standing in the middle of the clearing was a dark-colored, twisted castle that had awful spikes on the walls, the rocks placed haphazardly and making it seem like the whole thing could collapse.
Yet at the same time, Rhaxu was greatly impressed. It was massive, with only two towers near the front of it. They were very tall, almost leaning at some points, and covered in what looked like soot. They walked across the valley, and as they did Rhaxu passed through various camps and buildings spread out across it. Dragons lounged around or fought together, ringed by other Aetameres who egged them on and placed bets. It looked rough, but glorious.
"Ay! Jhur has brought in a child, wonder what the poor little fella' did," one dragon from a nearby tent piped up. Jhur turned and hissed at him, clearly angered. Rhaxu, too, bristled.
"I'm not a poor child!" He snarled, despite Jhur trying to push him back. Rhaxu stepped closer, tail lashing. "I'm here to join the Aetameres, and I've done nothing but seek you out."
"Feisty," one of the friends of the out-speaker said, chuckling. Rhaxu snarled at him, too.
"I'll show you all! I will far out succeed all of you," he shouted. At that time, his guide grabbed his arm roughly and dragged him away.
"Shut up scrap," he spat in his face. "Keep your jaw shut and ignore them, or you might not even get a chance to pass the gate." Looking around at the crowd beginning to gather, Rhaxu followed Jhur's advice. None of the dragons looked the least-bit friendly, but acted as if they were predators. He refused--like many other things--to let this scare him.
Rhaxu kept his mouth shut, the dragons stayed back--mostly at the bouts of fire Jhur spat at them and his cursing--and they at last reached the gate. It didn't appear to be manned, but at a few harsh words from his guide it opened.
Rhaxu walked in, chin thrust out. It was time to meet Lord Rygna.

[center][item=scary storybook] [size=5][b][u]DAY FORTY-EIGHT[/u][/b][/size] You are looking at the idiot who had written out the updates here, and then scrolled up to copy the pinglist for pasting when I saw I accidently put a location on yesterday's updates and went to edit it out. Yes, when I had this all written out below. :') OKAY. Making this short because I'm not re-writing all those nice descriptions. Today's art will be the playlist I keep jabbing about, probably editing in later. I'll be taking [s]stolen[/s] songs from my Spotify playlists, but it'll be posted on youtube for easy access. Read today's re-write: [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2144894/3#26630558]Day Six[/url] I looked, and probably everything after I got Marva is what needs to be re-written. We'll see. Onward to Aranad update! We finally get to look much, much more into his character. I'm excited to spill some of his secrets. :D Pinglist for update: @SpottedLeaf125 @Amphithere ----- ----- Aranad stared down at the shimmering jewel that seemed to flicker along with the fire. It was deep into the night, but he didn't feel the least bit tired. He twisted the ring back and forth on his finger, mindless of what his hands were even doing. He had been [i]that[/i] close. That close to dying. And then what would they say? He couldn't ever tell them, not ever, Aranad decided. She would be terrified, she would try to convince him to leave the Aetameres. But you can't just leave and live a normal life. His thoughts flitted to Blackheart, the dragon that surprisingly hadn't been killed yet. A former Aetamere, who had somehow managed to totally disappear off the maps. Aranad knew she was running; she would always be running. There would never be rest for Blackheart until she died. Not even if she pursued it with her whole heart. And that, Aranad knew, was what he feared more than dying. It was a mistake. He admitted it. A younger, foolish, version of himself decided joining the Aetameres would be rewarding. Now it only caused him pain. So much fiery, burning pain that made him curse and rage. Weep and feel as hopeless as Marva's life had been. And now he was stuck for the rest of his cursed life. Aranad knew the rules of the Aetameres. You threw away your whole life to go and live a new one. You weren't allowed to go back to any towns you previously lived in, see any dragons who might even recognize you. It was a rule Aranad had broken only twice. He didn't dare risk it a third, but after Marva's death, he'd been rattled. What if he had died? Neither of them would've known, they would wonder and wait for him, wondering and waiting and wasting years of their life only to assume. And then grieve. And it wasn't something he ever wanted for them. He was breaking this rule a third time, and after what had happened in the mountains, Aranad knew he was mad to try this. Yet he[i] also[/i] knew death was crouching in the shadows outside the light of his life, and decided it was better to see them one more time before he died. He didn't go to the cottage that stood a few hundred feet away. He'd done this the last two times he had come, and was confident they would know what it meant. Yet it had been nearly two hours, and Aranad wondered if she would even dare tread outside, let alone let their daughter step outside as well. He wondered if they would come. "I'm surprised you came out. I was beginning to fear you wouldn't," he said down to his ring, not bothering to look up as a thin dragon stepped out of the trees. "Aranad, I'd never miss a chance to see you. Not ever," she whispered, voice rough, suggesting tears were soon to come. "I was just making sure it would be safe." "Darling, Aetameres are not fickle. They'd wait the whole night for you to come out, probably days." "Which is why I came out," she told him, and Aranad finally looked up. Her face was like a good punch to the jaw, simple yet beautiful, and so joyful, despite the tears that glittered in her pale golden eyes. "I knew you would wait all night." "I would--Oh, I would." Aranad stood, crossing to where the other dragon waited. He fiercely embraced her, and she buried her face in his shoulder and began to cry. "I've missed you so much," she mumbled into his cloak, gripping him tightly. "You have no idea, Ellia," he whispered. "Lord Rygna was upset with me a few months ago, and things have been rough. I wanted to see you, no matter what the danger may be." "You fear you'll die," Ellia said, pulling away just enough to watch him, unsettlingly calm. Aranad looked away, refusing to meet her eyes. "I'm so sorry," he said gruffly, closing his eyes but failing to stop the tears that fell. "I was a fool, an ignorant fool when I joined the Aetameres. I've been living in fear and misery for what feels as if forever; wishing I were a better husband, a better father, a better dragon in general." "Aranad," Ellia said, placing a hand on his cheek. On her third finger a ring caught the firelight, identical to his own. "You have made a bad decision in your life, but it doesn't make you a bad dragon, not at all. I never--and never will--regret marrying you. I love you, Aranad." "And I love you too," he said, looking at her at last. "Where's Leelah?" Ellia pulled away from Aranad's arms, sitting down next to the fire with a sigh. "Ellia?" He asked, sitting next to her. Fear caused his heart to pound, and he glanced up at the cottage. "Is she ill, hurt? Where is she?" "She's dead," Ellia choked out. Aranad looked shocked, freezing. His wife stared at the fire, fresh tears creeping down her cheeks. "She...?" Aranad whispered, numbness spreading down his limbs quickly. "The Aetameres came six months ago. Three fierce members, ripping her out of our home and letting her blood spill out on the lawn. I had to watch it all, as Leelah and I begged for her life, I got to watch her die. And now I get to tell you." She broke down into sobs, burying her face into her hands. "It was so awful." "Oh Ellia," Aranad said, gathering her again into his arms. She melted against him, shaking from emotion. Aranad was horrified, grieved, he had no idea how to process his emotions. So he turned to what always helped him: rage. "It's all my fault," he said hoarsely. "That's when I messed up. I swear, I'll murder them all! I'll tear them apart, show them what fear is--what they did to my innocent daughter." He snarled. Ellia looked up at him, alarmed. "Aranad--love, calm down," she whispered, begging. "I cannot stay with them any longer!" Aranad nearly shouted. "I can't stand it--I can't..." He shook his head, hot tears spilling down his face as his voice caught. He was silent for a moment before he could speak. "It's all my fault. Oh Leelah--Oh Leelah..." The two sat side-by-side, crying in each other's arms as the fire slowly died and the dawn rose red as blood. ----- ----- [center][b]Go back to the top! --> [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2144894/1#2144894]Main Page[/url][/b][/center]
Scary Storybook
DAY FORTY-EIGHT

You are looking at the idiot who had written out the updates here, and then scrolled up to copy the pinglist for pasting when I saw I accidently put a location on yesterday's updates and went to edit it out. Yes, when I had this all written out below. :')

OKAY. Making this short because I'm not re-writing all those nice descriptions.

Today's art will be the playlist I keep jabbing about, probably editing in later. I'll be taking stolen songs from my Spotify playlists, but it'll be posted on youtube for easy access.

Read today's re-write:

Day Six

I looked, and probably everything after I got Marva is what needs to be re-written. We'll see.

Onward to Aranad update! We finally get to look much, much more into his character. I'm excited to spill some of his secrets. :D

Aranad stared down at the shimmering jewel that seemed to flicker along with the fire. It was deep into the night, but he didn't feel the least bit tired. He twisted the ring back and forth on his finger, mindless of what his hands were even doing. He had been that close. That close to dying. And then what would they say? He couldn't ever tell them, not ever, Aranad decided. She would be terrified, she would try to convince him to leave the Aetameres. But you can't just leave and live a normal life.
His thoughts flitted to Blackheart, the dragon that surprisingly hadn't been killed yet. A former Aetamere, who had somehow managed to totally disappear off the maps. Aranad knew she was running; she would always be running. There would never be rest for Blackheart until she died. Not even if she pursued it with her whole heart. And that, Aranad knew, was what he feared more than dying.
It was a mistake. He admitted it. A younger, foolish, version of himself decided joining the Aetameres would be rewarding. Now it only caused him pain. So much fiery, burning pain that made him curse and rage. Weep and feel as hopeless as Marva's life had been. And now he was stuck for the rest of his cursed life.
Aranad knew the rules of the Aetameres. You threw away your whole life to go and live a new one. You weren't allowed to go back to any towns you previously lived in, see any dragons who might even recognize you. It was a rule Aranad had broken only twice. He didn't dare risk it a third, but after Marva's death, he'd been rattled. What if he had died? Neither of them would've known, they would wonder and wait for him, wondering and waiting and wasting years of their life only to assume. And then grieve. And it wasn't something he ever wanted for them.

He was breaking this rule a third time, and after what had happened in the mountains, Aranad knew he was mad to try this. Yet he also knew death was crouching in the shadows outside the light of his life, and decided it was better to see them one more time before he died.
He didn't go to the cottage that stood a few hundred feet away.
He'd done this the last two times he had come, and was confident they would know what it meant. Yet it had been nearly two hours, and Aranad wondered if she would even dare tread outside, let alone let their daughter step outside as well. He wondered if they would come.

"I'm surprised you came out. I was beginning to fear you wouldn't," he said down to his ring, not bothering to look up as a thin dragon stepped out of the trees.
"Aranad, I'd never miss a chance to see you. Not ever," she whispered, voice rough, suggesting tears were soon to come. "I was just making sure it would be safe."
"Darling, Aetameres are not fickle. They'd wait the whole night for you to come out, probably days."
"Which is why I came out," she told him, and Aranad finally looked up. Her face was like a good punch to the jaw, simple yet beautiful, and so joyful, despite the tears that glittered in her pale golden eyes. "I knew you would wait all night."
"I would--Oh, I would." Aranad stood, crossing to where the other dragon waited. He fiercely embraced her, and she buried her face in his shoulder and began to cry.
"I've missed you so much," she mumbled into his cloak, gripping him tightly.
"You have no idea, Ellia," he whispered. "Lord Rygna was upset with me a few months ago, and things have been rough. I wanted to see you, no matter what the danger may be."
"You fear you'll die," Ellia said, pulling away just enough to watch him, unsettlingly calm. Aranad looked away, refusing to meet her eyes.
"I'm so sorry," he said gruffly, closing his eyes but failing to stop the tears that fell. "I was a fool, an ignorant fool when I joined the Aetameres. I've been living in fear and misery for what feels as if forever; wishing I were a better husband, a better father, a better dragon in general."
"Aranad," Ellia said, placing a hand on his cheek. On her third finger a ring caught the firelight, identical to his own. "You have made a bad decision in your life, but it doesn't make you a bad dragon, not at all. I never--and never will--regret marrying you. I love you, Aranad."
"And I love you too," he said, looking at her at last. "Where's Leelah?"
Ellia pulled away from Aranad's arms, sitting down next to the fire with a sigh. "Ellia?" He asked, sitting next to her. Fear caused his heart to pound, and he glanced up at the cottage.
"Is she ill, hurt? Where is she?"
"She's dead," Ellia choked out. Aranad looked shocked, freezing. His wife stared at the fire, fresh tears creeping down her cheeks.
"She...?" Aranad whispered, numbness spreading down his limbs quickly.
"The Aetameres came six months ago. Three fierce members, ripping her out of our home and letting her blood spill out on the lawn. I had to watch it all, as Leelah and I begged for her life, I got to watch her die. And now I get to tell you." She broke down into sobs, burying her face into her hands. "It was so awful."
"Oh Ellia," Aranad said, gathering her again into his arms. She melted against him, shaking from emotion. Aranad was horrified, grieved, he had no idea how to process his emotions. So he turned to what always helped him: rage.
"It's all my fault," he said hoarsely. "That's when I messed up. I swear, I'll murder them all! I'll tear them apart, show them what fear is--what they did to my innocent daughter." He snarled. Ellia looked up at him, alarmed.
"Aranad--love, calm down," she whispered, begging.
"I cannot stay with them any longer!" Aranad nearly shouted. "I can't stand it--I can't..." He shook his head, hot tears spilling down his face as his voice caught. He was silent for a moment before he could speak. "It's all my fault. Oh Leelah--Oh Leelah..."
The two sat side-by-side, crying in each other's arms as the fire slowly died and the dawn rose red as blood.

[center][item=snakeskin cloth] [size=5][u][b]DAY FORTY-NINE[/b][/u][/size] Almost to day fifty? Whaaaaaaat??? So, I've had a pretty big up-and-down as of last night and today. Last night we found a duckling (I could go into more details later if you want, Spotted cx) and tried to help him through the night, but he didn't make it. :( I feel so bad, poor little guy. :c Well, my mom has agreed to possibly buy another duckling or a pair to raise up, since I was really looking forward to it. Fingers crossed! They're too cute eeee. >u< OKAY! Today is the day that I finally present to you my very poorly patched together playlist, lol! So. Let me go into hopefully quick details of the playlist. YES: I am going to be adding more songs as the plot progresses, and I need to listen to some more later to find some to fill in missing gaps. I think I touched on every major plot point except poor Rhaxu, how'd I miss him??? I'm an awful author for forgetting my new little son. But let me explain the first three songs of the playlist! The first, Glory Days, is kinda reminiscent of the kingdom of Agmae [i]before[/i] it fell and the Aetameres sorta took over. The Magic Lullaby is sort of a reference to the ballad of the night, there are two reasons why I stuck it at the beginning but I'll only say one ;) : easiest place to stick it. XD Aaand Sinking Man (ayy, Spotted, don't you watch/watched Walking Dead?) is sort of for when Ghostie Grandma was sending off Ballad. I'll let you listen to it now! That's all for today's update. I really should've started on school today, but alas, I will have to start tomorrow... Yes, the soundtrack leaves off where our story has left off: right after Aranad. LINK: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5ssnVt1lm_B_7N43OUTh9adl5cRI8W_I Pinglist for update: @SpottedLeaf125 @Amphithere ----- ----- ----- ----- [center][b]Go back to the top! --> [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2144894/1#2144894]Main Page[/url][/b][/center]
Snakeskin Cloth
DAY FORTY-NINE

Almost to day fifty? Whaaaaaaat???

So, I've had a pretty big up-and-down as of last night and today. Last night we found a duckling (I could go into more details later if you want, Spotted cx) and tried to help him through the night, but he didn't make it. :( I feel so bad, poor little guy. :c
Well, my mom has agreed to possibly buy another duckling or a pair to raise up, since I was really looking forward to it. Fingers crossed! They're too cute eeee. >u<

OKAY! Today is the day that I finally present to you my very poorly patched together playlist, lol!

So. Let me go into hopefully quick details of the playlist. YES: I am going to be adding more songs as the plot progresses, and I need to listen to some more later to find some to fill in missing gaps. I think I touched on every major plot point except poor Rhaxu, how'd I miss him??? I'm an awful author for forgetting my new little son.

But let me explain the first three songs of the playlist! The first, Glory Days, is kinda reminiscent of the kingdom of Agmae before it fell and the Aetameres sorta took over. The Magic Lullaby is sort of a reference to the ballad of the night, there are two reasons why I stuck it at the beginning but I'll only say one ;) : easiest place to stick it. XD
Aaand Sinking Man (ayy, Spotted, don't you watch/watched Walking Dead?) is sort of for when Ghostie Grandma was sending off Ballad.

I'll let you listen to it now! That's all for today's update. I really should've started on school today, but alas, I will have to start tomorrow...

Yes, the soundtrack leaves off where our story has left off: right after Aranad.

LINK:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5ssnVt1lm_B_7N43OUTh9adl5cRI8W_I

[center][item=wing bones] [size=5][b][u]DAY FIFTY[/u][/b][/size] *le gasp* I hit day fifty! Wow, doesn't feel like I've been writing this long, yet at the same time, it sorta does...lol... Oh yes! Because my writing life is hectic, I decided to make it borderline disaster by starting off a new pinkerlocke. You can see it here: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2262994/1#post_29047676 I'm hoping for a better start for this one, aha. But I still love this 'locke, and it'll be written and finished at some point aha. GUYS I GOT TWO DUCKLINGS EEEEE they're so cute. I've always wanted to raise ducks. They were cheeping so loudly at like, 4:30 this morning and then at 6 when I woke up, lol. What cute alarm clocks for the next two weeks! Onto the update! It rained and rained on Thursday night, even after waiting thirty minutes at the stables, so I have my riding lesson today at eleven. Hoping to get some writing in before then! Pinglist for update: @SpottedLeaf125 @Amphithere ----- ----- Izak never felt more relieved in his life when he saw the tree-line appear in the distance. His heart was set on a full night's rest that evening, so he denied Peppin's offered rest in the middle of the day. She seemed amused by the young dragon's eagerness. "I can't wait to finally set camp," he told her as they glided over a field, hot and arid from the sun that shone unhindered above them. Izak watched his little dark shadow soar along the ground far below him as Peppin snorted. "I can tell," she said dryly. They said no more until they reached the forest late in the afternoon. The walked underneath the trees, finding not even a deer trail. Peppin frowned, and warned Izak to be on the lookout. "It might mean there are lots of predators under here," she muttered to him. "Alright," he whispered back, pink eyes darting around suspiciously. Yet they ran across nothing but a stream, where they followed it for a while until Peppin declared a resting spot. "Where do you think we'll set camp?" Izak asked her. She shrugged. "I don't know yet," she said, looking around as they drank from the sluggish stream, muzzle dripping. "Not here, but I'd like to be near this stream if we can help it. If we find nothing downstream, we'll go upstream and see if we have any better luck." "Okay," Izak agreed, taking a long drink. They ate nearly all their provisions from a hunt the night before, refilled their canteens, and then continued along the weedy bank. The farther downstream they got, the more the forest came alive; but not with birdsong, chittering squirrels, or invisible deer. But with flutters of unnaturally large wings, long naked tails slinking away through the underbrush. "This place is teeming with monsters," Peppin growled, watching a group of eyes watching from a shrouded branch. It was most likely an obnoxious webwing. Izak followed her gaze, tense. "Why don't we move upstream, then?" He asked her. "I wouldn't want to live here, even if we can fend them off." "I agree. Let's go back the way we came, there has to be a better place, unless this is just a darned infested wood," Peppin growled. Izak felt her angry mood rub off on him as they were attacked by two miths only minutes later. They batted them away, shredding their wings and ending their lives. They stalked on, past their resting spot, and up the stream. At first the conditions weren't much better, and Izak wondered if they would have to move on and find another forest. "Peppin..." He began, but was interrupted by a cacophony of bird calls. A jay flew across their vision, bright against dull green. Izak fell silent, and Peppin didn't ask after what he was going to say. A few minutes later, they came across a squirrel clambering up a tree, bark flying from its little nails. "It looks better here," Peppin commented almost an hour later, when they had found a deer path. "As long as we stay away from that other side of the forest." "Yeah," Izak agreed. It was early in the night when they hit a clearing, which was large and occupied by deer. The two hunted them, catching a large buck. Then they stood over their kill, looking over the high grass and sizing it up. "I think this'll do," Izak said, fighting a smile that crept up on him. Peppin grunted. It was settled, then, as they created a cook fire and began to roast some of their deer. They would stay here. ----- ----- [center][b]Go back to the top! --> [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2144894/1#2144894]Main Page[/url][/b][/center]
Wing Bones
DAY FIFTY

*le gasp* I hit day fifty! Wow, doesn't feel like I've been writing this long, yet at the same time, it sorta does...lol...

Oh yes! Because my writing life is hectic, I decided to make it borderline disaster by starting off a new pinkerlocke. You can see it here: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2262994/1#post_29047676
I'm hoping for a better start for this one, aha. But I still love this 'locke, and it'll be written and finished at some point aha.

GUYS I GOT TWO DUCKLINGS EEEEE they're so cute. I've always wanted to raise ducks. They were cheeping so loudly at like, 4:30 this morning and then at 6 when I woke up, lol. What cute alarm clocks for the next two weeks!

Onto the update! It rained and rained on Thursday night, even after waiting thirty minutes at the stables, so I have my riding lesson today at eleven. Hoping to get some writing in before then!

Izak never felt more relieved in his life when he saw the tree-line appear in the distance. His heart was set on a full night's rest that evening, so he denied Peppin's offered rest in the middle of the day. She seemed amused by the young dragon's eagerness.
"I can't wait to finally set camp," he told her as they glided over a field, hot and arid from the sun that shone unhindered above them. Izak watched his little dark shadow soar along the ground far below him as Peppin snorted.
"I can tell," she said dryly. They said no more until they reached the forest late in the afternoon. The walked underneath the trees, finding not even a deer trail. Peppin frowned, and warned Izak to be on the lookout. "It might mean there are lots of predators under here," she muttered to him.
"Alright," he whispered back, pink eyes darting around suspiciously. Yet they ran across nothing but a stream, where they followed it for a while until Peppin declared a resting spot.
"Where do you think we'll set camp?" Izak asked her. She shrugged.
"I don't know yet," she said, looking around as they drank from the sluggish stream, muzzle dripping. "Not here, but I'd like to be near this stream if we can help it. If we find nothing downstream, we'll go upstream and see if we have any better luck."
"Okay," Izak agreed, taking a long drink. They ate nearly all their provisions from a hunt the night before, refilled their canteens, and then continued along the weedy bank. The farther downstream they got, the more the forest came alive; but not with birdsong, chittering squirrels, or invisible deer. But with flutters of unnaturally large wings, long naked tails slinking away through the underbrush.
"This place is teeming with monsters," Peppin growled, watching a group of eyes watching from a shrouded branch. It was most likely an obnoxious webwing. Izak followed her gaze, tense.
"Why don't we move upstream, then?" He asked her. "I wouldn't want to live here, even if we can fend them off."
"I agree. Let's go back the way we came, there has to be a better place, unless this is just a darned infested wood," Peppin growled. Izak felt her angry mood rub off on him as they were attacked by two miths only minutes later. They batted them away, shredding their wings and ending their lives. They stalked on, past their resting spot, and up the stream. At first the conditions weren't much better, and Izak wondered if they would have to move on and find another forest.
"Peppin..." He began, but was interrupted by a cacophony of bird calls. A jay flew across their vision, bright against dull green. Izak fell silent, and Peppin didn't ask after what he was going to say. A few minutes later, they came across a squirrel clambering up a tree, bark flying from its little nails.
"It looks better here," Peppin commented almost an hour later, when they had found a deer path. "As long as we stay away from that other side of the forest."
"Yeah," Izak agreed. It was early in the night when they hit a clearing, which was large and occupied by deer. The two hunted them, catching a large buck. Then they stood over their kill, looking over the high grass and sizing it up.
"I think this'll do," Izak said, fighting a smile that crept up on him. Peppin grunted. It was settled, then, as they created a cook fire and began to roast some of their deer. They would stay here.

[center][item=bright rogue mask] [size=5][b][u]DAY FIFTY-ONE[/u][/b][/size] So the schedule for the next few updates will be: Peppin & Izak for the next three or four updates, Rhaxu, and then Ballad & Crew in the forest! And then we go back and forth between Keffria & Rye as well as Aranad. Eek it's hard to be writing for so many characters in different places. cx I've also got a few song prospects I need to listen to one more time before I add them to the playlist. I really love Roo Panes' music aggghh. ***Again, there won't be any romance/breeding dragons. Just friendship shown in this update*** Oh my gosh I just realized HOW LONG it has been since I wrote about Keffria and Rye! I'm doing that right now. I'll pick up on my schedule after today's update, lol. Pinglist for update: @SpottedLeaf125 @Amphithere ----- ----- "Keffria?" Rye asked carefully, stepping into the cave and blinking against the sudden dim light. He hadn't seen her all day and was worrying, and after spending the morning searching the nearby mountain slopes decided to try their home again. "Are you looking for her?" Keian asked, his similar build and blue skin threw Rye off for a second and his hopes soared, only to fall. "Yeah, I've been looking all morning," he told him. "Huh. Not like Ria to disappear, have you checked the neighbors?" The other dragon asked. Rye nodded. "I've asked everyone, but no one has seen her this morning. Have you?" "Yeah, when we woke up. You were still asleep, she told me that she was going out for a bit and not to worry," Keian said, a concerned glint in his eye alighting as he spoke. "Well, at least she hasn't slipped off," Rye muttered, mostly to himself. "I can go look around again; do a more thorough search." "I'll come too, we could split up," Keian offered. The two dragons left the cave and took to the sky, soaring high above and keeping an eye out for Keffria. --- It took another hour, but Rye finally found her. She was an alarmingly far way from the village, sitting on an outcropping and staring off into the sky. He startled her when his nails clacked against stone and his feet made a dull thump as the dragon landed. "Rye!" She gasped, clutching at her chest. "You startled me!" "Sorry Keffria," he said, tucking his wings against his sides. "I've been looking everywhere for you--even Keian's joined into the search. What've you been doing?" He sat beside her, trying to see if she had been watching something. "I didn't mean to worry you two," Keffria murmured, looking down at her hands with a small sigh. "I wasn't going to run away without warning either of you, but..." "What?" Rye asked when she trailed off. Keffria waited a while to answer, leaving the young dragon fidgeting with impatience. "I think I want to go after my friend," she said quietly. "Gray." "Whatever for?" Rye squawked, leaping to his feet in alarm. "Keffria, he left us months ago! He'll come back if he wants, and we don't even know where he went off to. It's dangerous!" "I know," Keffria said in a small voice. "I have no idea where he went, but I can travel and ask around. It's no different when I came here; Gray and I spent a whole year trying to follow my brother. And...Well, Rye, you might think this silly--I certainly do--but I want to travel again. Back when I was looking for Keian, I enjoyed seeing different towns and seeing different cultures even within our small kingdom. "But I never really cared about it, I didn't want to do it--the travelling was only necessary. Now I realize how much I miss it, since I've settled down." For a few minutes Rye and Keffria sat in silence, the younger dragon shocked at his adoptive-mother's confession. She'd always been so happy in the mountains. "You'd leave us?" He asked quietly, and Keffria looked guilty--although Rye didn't see it as he stared downward at his hands. "I don't want to," she said, flustered. "But I want to go looking for Gray, just to see where he is. We could send pigeons or falcons back and forth--I could get one--and send notes perhaps. Not that I know how to write, but I think Keian does..." She trailed off, huffing. "Well, Keffria, if you go then I'll go with you. You won't budge me, either." Rye had a sharp glint in his eye as he looked up, for once serious--and almost angry. Keffria wasn't surprised, and thought back to his awful parentage. His father could very well be alive out there in the world, but no one knew where he went. Rye didn't want to be abandoned again. "I'm so sorry Rye," she whispered, burying her face into her hands, thus hiding the tears that slipped down her cheeks. "I don't want to leave you or Keian, or the mountains. I thought I'd be happy, but I'm not. You can come if you'd like." "Why are you unhappy?" Rye asked, looking upset. "Do you consider my adoption a mistake? Do you not care about me or the mountains anymore? All I've ever wanted was to settle down and have a normal life--but Izak has left, and now you will too." "Rye--please," Keffria said, gulping back a sob. "I do love you--the adoption never was a mistake--not ever. I love you and Keian so much, you are my world. But Gray is my friend--my best friend--he's like another brother to me. I want to know what happened to him, if he's safe, if he's okay..." "I see," Rye whispered. "I see." "Rye, please come with me," Keffria begged, grabbing his arm before he could have a chance to fly away. "I want you to come. Maybe we could finally ask Gray about your strange magic, too. Please." Rye watched her for a long minute, emotions warring across his face. At first sadness clouded his bright eyes, turning them into a brooding storm, but then curiosity sparked through them like lightening. Hurt, anger, and worry rained down in that storm, but then it cleared with decision. "All right. I'll come with you." "Oh, thank you so much Rye. I do love you, please believe that. I'll tell Keian, then we can say our goodbyes and move on tomorrow," Keffria said, standing and hugging him. Rye paused for a moment, feeling her shaking body before slowly wrapping his arms around her. "Alright," he murmured. ----- ----- [center][b]Go back to the top! --> [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2144894/1#2144894]Main Page[/url][/b][/center]
Bright Rogue Mask
DAY FIFTY-ONE

So the schedule for the next few updates will be: Peppin & Izak for the next three or four updates, Rhaxu, and then Ballad & Crew in the forest! And then we go back and forth between Keffria & Rye as well as Aranad. Eek it's hard to be writing for so many characters in different places. cx

I've also got a few song prospects I need to listen to one more time before I add them to the playlist. I really love Roo Panes' music aggghh.

***Again, there won't be any romance/breeding dragons. Just friendship shown in this update***

Oh my gosh I just realized HOW LONG it has been since I wrote about Keffria and Rye! I'm doing that right now. I'll pick up on my schedule after today's update, lol.

"Keffria?" Rye asked carefully, stepping into the cave and blinking against the sudden dim light. He hadn't seen her all day and was worrying, and after spending the morning searching the nearby mountain slopes decided to try their home again.
"Are you looking for her?" Keian asked, his similar build and blue skin threw Rye off for a second and his hopes soared, only to fall.
"Yeah, I've been looking all morning," he told him.
"Huh. Not like Ria to disappear, have you checked the neighbors?" The other dragon asked. Rye nodded.
"I've asked everyone, but no one has seen her this morning. Have you?"
"Yeah, when we woke up. You were still asleep, she told me that she was going out for a bit and not to worry," Keian said, a concerned glint in his eye alighting as he spoke.
"Well, at least she hasn't slipped off," Rye muttered, mostly to himself. "I can go look around again; do a more thorough search."
"I'll come too, we could split up," Keian offered. The two dragons left the cave and took to the sky, soaring high above and keeping an eye out for Keffria.

---

It took another hour, but Rye finally found her. She was an alarmingly far way from the village, sitting on an outcropping and staring off into the sky. He startled her when his nails clacked against stone and his feet made a dull thump as the dragon landed.
"Rye!" She gasped, clutching at her chest. "You startled me!"
"Sorry Keffria," he said, tucking his wings against his sides. "I've been looking everywhere for you--even Keian's joined into the search. What've you been doing?" He sat beside her, trying to see if she had been watching something.
"I didn't mean to worry you two," Keffria murmured, looking down at her hands with a small sigh. "I wasn't going to run away without warning either of you, but..."
"What?" Rye asked when she trailed off. Keffria waited a while to answer, leaving the young dragon fidgeting with impatience.
"I think I want to go after my friend," she said quietly. "Gray."
"Whatever for?" Rye squawked, leaping to his feet in alarm. "Keffria, he left us months ago! He'll come back if he wants, and we don't even know where he went off to. It's dangerous!"
"I know," Keffria said in a small voice. "I have no idea where he went, but I can travel and ask around. It's no different when I came here; Gray and I spent a whole year trying to follow my brother. And...Well, Rye, you might think this silly--I certainly do--but I want to travel again.
Back when I was looking for Keian, I enjoyed seeing different towns and seeing different cultures even within our small kingdom.
"But I never really cared about it, I didn't want to do it--the travelling was only necessary. Now I realize how much I miss it, since I've settled down."
For a few minutes Rye and Keffria sat in silence, the younger dragon shocked at his adoptive-mother's confession. She'd always been so happy in the mountains.
"You'd leave us?" He asked quietly, and Keffria looked guilty--although Rye didn't see it as he stared downward at his hands.
"I don't want to," she said, flustered. "But I want to go looking for Gray, just to see where he is. We could send pigeons or falcons back and forth--I could get one--and send notes perhaps. Not that I know how to write, but I think Keian does..." She trailed off, huffing.
"Well, Keffria, if you go then I'll go with you. You won't budge me, either." Rye had a sharp glint in his eye as he looked up, for once serious--and almost angry. Keffria wasn't surprised, and thought back to his awful parentage. His father could very well be alive out there in the world, but no one knew where he went. Rye didn't want to be abandoned again.
"I'm so sorry Rye," she whispered, burying her face into her hands, thus hiding the tears that slipped down her cheeks. "I don't want to leave you or Keian, or the mountains. I thought I'd be happy, but I'm not. You can come if you'd like."
"Why are you unhappy?" Rye asked, looking upset. "Do you consider my adoption a mistake? Do you not care about me or the mountains anymore? All I've ever wanted was to settle down and have a normal life--but Izak has left, and now you will too."
"Rye--please," Keffria said, gulping back a sob. "I do love you--the adoption never was a mistake--not ever. I love you and Keian so much, you are my world. But Gray is my friend--my best friend--he's like another brother to me. I want to know what happened to him, if he's safe, if he's okay..."
"I see," Rye whispered. "I see."
"Rye, please come with me," Keffria begged, grabbing his arm before he could have a chance to fly away. "I want you to come. Maybe we could finally ask Gray about your strange magic, too. Please." Rye watched her for a long minute, emotions warring across his face. At first sadness clouded his bright eyes, turning them into a brooding storm, but then curiosity sparked through them like lightening. Hurt, anger, and worry rained down in that storm, but then it cleared with decision.
"All right. I'll come with you."
"Oh, thank you so much Rye. I do love you, please believe that. I'll tell Keian, then we can say our goodbyes and move on tomorrow," Keffria said, standing and hugging him. Rye paused for a moment, feeling her shaking body before slowly wrapping his arms around her.
"Alright," he murmured.

[center][item=silken feathers] [size=5][u][b]DAY FIFTY-TWO[/b][/u][/size] Isn't it wonderful to be woken up at 4:50 in the morning by your ducklings, cheeping loud enough to wake the dead, for food? I think I'm mad. I've been making wild decisions as of late for this pinkerlocke, and I've finally cracked and done it. I've decided to update ever day with two to three re-writes, until most of it is rewritten to my 'standard'. I'll be making posts everyday, but as to not be sending out so many pings, I'll make a list of the re-writes on regular updates on Sat. and Sun. What's more? I'm gonna redo the whole layout. I'll be adding a font to everything and redoing the character page, as well as the art page. Since my music tastes have broadened, I'm redoing each character's theme song as well. I'm also going to replace the banner, but I'll keep it in the art section. I dunno, its just....big. And kinda badly drawn? Yeah. I'm hoping this might attract more readers, and having an update everyday will have it on the recent page more often. [s]I'm so cheap. [/s] I wonder when I'll crash and burn. Hopefully not yet. Updating tomorrow with new re-writes. (and thus starting this wild idea) Not in the mood right now. >.> Pinglist for update: @SpottedLeaf125 @Amphithere
Silken Feathers
DAY FIFTY-TWO

Isn't it wonderful to be woken up at 4:50 in the morning by your ducklings, cheeping loud enough to wake the dead, for food?

I think I'm mad. I've been making wild decisions as of late for this pinkerlocke, and I've finally cracked and done it.
I've decided to update ever day with two to three re-writes, until most of it is rewritten to my 'standard'. I'll be making posts everyday, but as to not be sending out so many pings, I'll make a list of the re-writes on regular updates on Sat. and Sun.
What's more? I'm gonna redo the whole layout. I'll be adding a font to everything and redoing the character page, as well as the art page. Since my music tastes have broadened, I'm redoing each character's theme song as well.

I'm also going to replace the banner, but I'll keep it in the art section. I dunno, its just....big. And kinda badly drawn? Yeah.

I'm hoping this might attract more readers, and having an update everyday will have it on the recent page more often. I'm so cheap.

I wonder when I'll crash and burn. Hopefully not yet.

Updating tomorrow with new re-writes. (and thus starting this wild idea) Not in the mood right now. >.>

@MorningSkye

I read the rewritten updates, and they're all great! Now I'll begin with the newer ones *Cracks knuckles*

As for helping get the word out about your pinkerlocke, I could add an area to my pinkerlocke thread that has a link to this one and others that I read as well!

Day 45:

Nyu!!! You're so annoying but fun at the same time!! Though please, leave those two lovebirds alone lol.

Oh BOY that went from nothing to ninety real fast. Ugh those Aetameres! Always coming to try and ruin everything! Whelp hopefully no one is hurt. And please don't hurt the nice dragons cool camp okay thanks aetameres! :D (...They'll probably destroy it. :T)

Day 46:

Rhaxu joining the aetameres?!? What happened to that poor little baby to make him wanna do that. ;;

Can't wait to see what forest Peppin and Izak go to!

Day 47:

Ohhh... Hopefully if, or well, when Ballad find out that his dad died to protect Aera he won't be mad... 3:

AND DARN IT AETAMERES, HE WAS PROBABLY GONNA TELL HER THAT HE LOVED HER! Ughhh

Rhaxu... Idk what happened to you to make you this way but it must have been something horrible because you're just bound and determined to be an aetamere aren't ya kiddo?

Day 48:

Oh I'm so sorry about that! I hate it when something like that happens. It's no fun to put a lot of work into something only for it to be wiped away. 3:

On the brighter side, OOH SECRETS FROM THE MYSTERIOUS WILDCLAW MAN !! I can't wait to read this!

Ahhh Aranad...! So this is your family! I suspected as such that you had one! And your poor, poor daughter... ;; You don't want to be with the aetameres, but you kinda have to.... Aranad... ;n;

...Well. I hope you're happy. Aranad is now becoming kinda a favorite of mine. xD

Day 49:

*GASPS* Duckling!!! Ducklings are SO CUTE!! ^u^

Aww, poor little guy! I'm so sorry that happened! :c Once me and my family saved a young wild rabbit from our cats, but he was in so much shock that he didn't make it either... :(

I'll listen to that playlist tomorrow since it's late but *Slams fists on table* HECK YES I LOVE THE WALKING DEAD! I've been watching it with my family since it first started. :'D Have you ever seen it?

Day 50:

Congrats on reaching day 50!

Ooh another Pinkerlocke!! I like the layout, it looks interesting! I'll have to read it sometime! ^^

DUCKLINGS!!! That's so cool!! :D I'd love to someday maybe have some ducks/ducklings! Or chickens, because it'd be cool to be like "I'm going to get some eggs!" And just head outside and there they are! What kind of ducklings are they? Like the normal yellow ones you see or ones that are brown and yellow like?

I like the sound of this forest! The nice area sounds nice, and the other area sounds spooky!

Day 51:

Look forward to seeing Keffria and Rye journey in the future! Poor little Rye thought he was going to be abandoned again. ;;

I can't wait to see what happens next with Izak and Peppin too! ^^

Day 52:

Lots of changes are coming, cool! ^^
@MorningSkye

I read the rewritten updates, and they're all great! Now I'll begin with the newer ones *Cracks knuckles*

As for helping get the word out about your pinkerlocke, I could add an area to my pinkerlocke thread that has a link to this one and others that I read as well!

Day 45:

Nyu!!! You're so annoying but fun at the same time!! Though please, leave those two lovebirds alone lol.

Oh BOY that went from nothing to ninety real fast. Ugh those Aetameres! Always coming to try and ruin everything! Whelp hopefully no one is hurt. And please don't hurt the nice dragons cool camp okay thanks aetameres! :D (...They'll probably destroy it. :T)

Day 46:

Rhaxu joining the aetameres?!? What happened to that poor little baby to make him wanna do that. ;;

Can't wait to see what forest Peppin and Izak go to!

Day 47:

Ohhh... Hopefully if, or well, when Ballad find out that his dad died to protect Aera he won't be mad... 3:

AND DARN IT AETAMERES, HE WAS PROBABLY GONNA TELL HER THAT HE LOVED HER! Ughhh

Rhaxu... Idk what happened to you to make you this way but it must have been something horrible because you're just bound and determined to be an aetamere aren't ya kiddo?

Day 48:

Oh I'm so sorry about that! I hate it when something like that happens. It's no fun to put a lot of work into something only for it to be wiped away. 3:

On the brighter side, OOH SECRETS FROM THE MYSTERIOUS WILDCLAW MAN !! I can't wait to read this!

Ahhh Aranad...! So this is your family! I suspected as such that you had one! And your poor, poor daughter... ;; You don't want to be with the aetameres, but you kinda have to.... Aranad... ;n;

...Well. I hope you're happy. Aranad is now becoming kinda a favorite of mine. xD

Day 49:

*GASPS* Duckling!!! Ducklings are SO CUTE!! ^u^

Aww, poor little guy! I'm so sorry that happened! :c Once me and my family saved a young wild rabbit from our cats, but he was in so much shock that he didn't make it either... :(

I'll listen to that playlist tomorrow since it's late but *Slams fists on table* HECK YES I LOVE THE WALKING DEAD! I've been watching it with my family since it first started. :'D Have you ever seen it?

Day 50:

Congrats on reaching day 50!

Ooh another Pinkerlocke!! I like the layout, it looks interesting! I'll have to read it sometime! ^^

DUCKLINGS!!! That's so cool!! :D I'd love to someday maybe have some ducks/ducklings! Or chickens, because it'd be cool to be like "I'm going to get some eggs!" And just head outside and there they are! What kind of ducklings are they? Like the normal yellow ones you see or ones that are brown and yellow like?

I like the sound of this forest! The nice area sounds nice, and the other area sounds spooky!

Day 51:

Look forward to seeing Keffria and Rye journey in the future! Poor little Rye thought he was going to be abandoned again. ;;

I can't wait to see what happens next with Izak and Peppin too! ^^

Day 52:

Lots of changes are coming, cool! ^^
a3665186-2e54-4922-869a-430b41931c92.png
█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

Trigun Stampede - Dr. Stone
Fleet Foxes - Delicious in Dungeon

@Spottedleaf125
Replying now (I guess I like replying before updating??) bcuz I'm probably gonna update soon, dunno if right now because I might go out to the store.

Anyways, thank you very much! I've totally slumped this week in doing ANY rewrites, its been a struggle to get up early for me. >.> Plus I've been reading a lot, so that doesn't help at all.

Yeah, I don't want to do MAJOR changes to the pinkerlocke, but I like the idea of prettying it up and maybe using Calibri as the font. (with a fancier cursive-y font for titles) c:

And thank you so much, I don't mind if you do or don't add mine as a suggestion in your 'locke. I totally can re-do the favor by putting yours as a suggestion in mine. (except for the fact that possibly the only new readers I might get come from you XD)

Heh heh heh. We'll see what the Aetameres do to our forest friends! >:D I'll probably update them on Sunday, dunno though or not. It'll be a later update tomorrow because I'm going over to a friend's house after church.

*rubs hands together* I have a LOT more in store for Aranad soup-rises! He's a favorite of mine, too. Just wait for future plot twists. Just wait.

Hmm, I haven't decided when to yet reveal WHY Rhaxu (that wild child) decided to join up with the Aetameres. It links with other plot twists, so I've gotta make sure I don't slip that before the others come up.

Yeah, I really wish we could've raised Bubbles. :( But I'm loving to raise our new ducklings!! They're ten days old today and have gotten SO big from the day we got them! (when they were two days old) I could send pictures and more details over in a message. :D

Ahh, my mom and I really really badly want chickens, but our neighborhood doesn't allow it. They don't really allow ducks, either...heh. We are planning on letting the ducks kinda come and go as they please (since our yard isn't quite big enough for them) and hopefully come back for food. I'm not doubting they would, so hopefully they don't fly off and never come back. :s

We got Muscovy ducks! The other reason why we got them was because they don't really quack. (as ducklings they do! cx) They're most likely going to be blue pied.

I love writing about Izak and Peppin, our dynamic duo! I'm glad you're enjoying reading about them. c:

Ahh, yesssss, poor lil Rye. I felt bad making him so upset, but it is for character development! We get to see him start growing up to be a big boy --- more or less. XD

Yuppers, I can't wait to delve more into developing the forest. That update was a bit rushed (I dunno if it looks rushed to you??) bcuz I had to get ready for horseback riding, lol.

Okay! I still have a few more songs I'd like to add to the playlist, I've just been lazy adding them. I also mean to look into some for Rhaxu, because I haven't heard any yet on Spotify that I think fits that child.
No I haven't seen the Walking Dead, though I think I saw like, ten minutes of an episode like a year ago? I'd be interested in watching it perhaps sometime!

Today...Hmmm.....I might do the Rhaxu update that I've been putting off. It'll be exciting exciting! (and I hope to do a few more rewrites aha)
@Spottedleaf125
Replying now (I guess I like replying before updating??) bcuz I'm probably gonna update soon, dunno if right now because I might go out to the store.

Anyways, thank you very much! I've totally slumped this week in doing ANY rewrites, its been a struggle to get up early for me. >.> Plus I've been reading a lot, so that doesn't help at all.

Yeah, I don't want to do MAJOR changes to the pinkerlocke, but I like the idea of prettying it up and maybe using Calibri as the font. (with a fancier cursive-y font for titles) c:

And thank you so much, I don't mind if you do or don't add mine as a suggestion in your 'locke. I totally can re-do the favor by putting yours as a suggestion in mine. (except for the fact that possibly the only new readers I might get come from you XD)

Heh heh heh. We'll see what the Aetameres do to our forest friends! >:D I'll probably update them on Sunday, dunno though or not. It'll be a later update tomorrow because I'm going over to a friend's house after church.

*rubs hands together* I have a LOT more in store for Aranad soup-rises! He's a favorite of mine, too. Just wait for future plot twists. Just wait.

Hmm, I haven't decided when to yet reveal WHY Rhaxu (that wild child) decided to join up with the Aetameres. It links with other plot twists, so I've gotta make sure I don't slip that before the others come up.

Yeah, I really wish we could've raised Bubbles. :( But I'm loving to raise our new ducklings!! They're ten days old today and have gotten SO big from the day we got them! (when they were two days old) I could send pictures and more details over in a message. :D

Ahh, my mom and I really really badly want chickens, but our neighborhood doesn't allow it. They don't really allow ducks, either...heh. We are planning on letting the ducks kinda come and go as they please (since our yard isn't quite big enough for them) and hopefully come back for food. I'm not doubting they would, so hopefully they don't fly off and never come back. :s

We got Muscovy ducks! The other reason why we got them was because they don't really quack. (as ducklings they do! cx) They're most likely going to be blue pied.

I love writing about Izak and Peppin, our dynamic duo! I'm glad you're enjoying reading about them. c:

Ahh, yesssss, poor lil Rye. I felt bad making him so upset, but it is for character development! We get to see him start growing up to be a big boy --- more or less. XD

Yuppers, I can't wait to delve more into developing the forest. That update was a bit rushed (I dunno if it looks rushed to you??) bcuz I had to get ready for horseback riding, lol.

Okay! I still have a few more songs I'd like to add to the playlist, I've just been lazy adding them. I also mean to look into some for Rhaxu, because I haven't heard any yet on Spotify that I think fits that child.
No I haven't seen the Walking Dead, though I think I saw like, ten minutes of an episode like a year ago? I'd be interested in watching it perhaps sometime!

Today...Hmmm.....I might do the Rhaxu update that I've been putting off. It'll be exciting exciting! (and I hope to do a few more rewrites aha)
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21 22