Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] Ballad of the Night
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22
@MorningSkye14

It's no problem, and I understand what you mean, I'm happy to help! ^^ I didn't know how to do that until I saw a thread when I started my pinkerlocke. I'll send how to do it in a Message because I don't want to clutter up your pinkerlocke page!
@MorningSkye14

It's no problem, and I understand what you mean, I'm happy to help! ^^ I didn't know how to do that until I saw a thread when I started my pinkerlocke. I'll send how to do it in a Message because I don't want to clutter up your pinkerlocke page!
a3665186-2e54-4922-869a-430b41931c92.png
█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

Trigun Stampede - Dr. Stone
Fleet Foxes - Delicious in Dungeon

[center][item=dirt-covered tile] [b][size=4][u]DAY THREE[/u][/size][/b] [s] So Pinkerton keeps giving me trinkets, literally three days in a row I believe. I really wanna write something, but he just won't give me a material so I'm breaking the rules and writing something short here. ;o;[/s] (^^Back when I didn’t realize I was having the trinket glitch. cx) The dragons, despite being grown up, are still children. @Spottedleaf125 -- ping for update! c: ----- ----- The boy awoke the next morning with a crick in his neck, but when he stretched it felt better. He scavenged until he found some bitter plants and a few insects, and as he was leaving the root-area he realized that the other child was still there. He had quite forgotten about them. He frowned, wondering if he should wait for them to get up or not. After a moment’s pause, the boy decided—with slight regret—to move on without them. As he began to walk away he froze when coldness washed over his face, and then something clear and almost silvery drew up before his startled red eyes. He looked around for a moment, almost frightened, until he remembered last night. It must’ve been what happened when he had snapped his fingers. “Who are you?” A panicked voice said. The child whirled around, jumping from the startlingly shrill voice. It was the other dragon—a young girl, he could see now when she had uncurled from sleep—and she was staring at him with large, pale-yellow eyes. “A passerby,” he responded. “You can’t be older than me, where are your parents?” The girl demanded, faking bravery. She was taking slow steps back, shaking like a leaf when raindrops pounded it. “Where are [i]yours[/i]?” He retorted. “I...I ran away,” she stammered, looking ready to flee. “So did I,” the boy told her. The two children stared at each other for a moment, neither quite knowing what to do. “Well.” The boy edged backward, too. “I’m going to be going, then. Er, good luck.” As he turned around, the girl’s shrill voice rose over the dirge of mourning doves. “Wait! Where are you going? M—maybe...” “Maybe what? I’m not going anywhere,” he said. It wasn’t exactly a lie—the boy had no idea where he wanted to go next once he was out of the forest. He supposed that he was just going to rely on the instincts that drove him forward now. “Well,” she said, sounding shy and bashful. “I was wondering if...if you wanted to—travel together?” Her voice squeaked at the end, as if she was running out of bravery. The boy cocked his head, debating. “Why?” “I’m—I’m looking for my brother, he was sent away some months—months ago to the work camps. I ran away because I wanted to find him.” She said, still hesitating to come forward. “Why didn’t you just wait to be sent, then you could find him easier that way,” the boy said, sounding like it was the most obvious solution. “That’s what I would’ve done.” “I...I don’t know,” the girl sniffed, beginning to cry. She sat down, rubbing at her face and taking in shaky breaths, gasping and hiccupping. The boy crossed over to her, placing a hand on the girl’s shoulder. “Hey, it’ll be okay. I can go with you, if you want.” “R—really?” She sniffed, looking up at him with watery eyes. “Thank you. What’s your name?” “B...Gray,” he said, looking down at his hands. One was a solid gray color, the other white. He had gray splotches all over his body. “I’m Keffria,” the girl said, sniffing again. He nodded, and in the silence a rumbling sound filled between them. Keffria clutched at her stomach, looking embarrassed, but Gray didn’t say anything. He left his new friend and found some more bitter plants for her, though he couldn’t find any more insects. “Ready?” The boy asked once she had eaten—with a twisted scowl—the plants. She nodded, stumbling to her feet. Together, they walked on through the forest. ----- ----- [center][b]Go back to the top! --> [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2144894/1#2144894]Main Page[/url][/b][/center]
Dirt-Covered Tile
DAY THREE

So Pinkerton keeps giving me trinkets, literally three days in a row I believe. I really wanna write something, but he just won't give me a material so I'm breaking the rules and writing something short here. ;o;

(^^Back when I didn’t realize I was having the trinket glitch. cx)

The dragons, despite being grown up, are still children.

@Spottedleaf125 -- ping for update! c:

The boy awoke the next morning with a crick in his neck, but when he stretched it felt better. He scavenged until he found some bitter plants and a few insects, and as he was leaving the root-area he realized that the other child was still there. He had quite forgotten about them. He frowned, wondering if he should wait for them to get up or not.
After a moment’s pause, the boy decided—with slight regret—to move on without them. As he began to walk away he froze when coldness washed over his face, and then something clear and almost silvery drew up before his startled red eyes. He looked around for a moment, almost frightened, until he remembered last night. It must’ve been what happened when he had snapped his fingers. “Who are you?” A panicked voice said.
The child whirled around, jumping from the startlingly shrill voice. It was the other dragon—a young girl, he could see now when she had uncurled from sleep—and she was staring at him with large, pale-yellow eyes. “A passerby,” he responded.
“You can’t be older than me, where are your parents?” The girl demanded, faking bravery. She was taking slow steps back, shaking like a leaf when raindrops pounded it.
“Where are yours?” He retorted.
“I...I ran away,” she stammered, looking ready to flee.
“So did I,” the boy told her. The two children stared at each other for a moment, neither quite knowing what to do. “Well.” The boy edged backward, too. “I’m going to be going, then. Er, good luck.”
As he turned around, the girl’s shrill voice rose over the dirge of mourning doves. “Wait! Where are you going? M—maybe...”
“Maybe what? I’m not going anywhere,” he said. It wasn’t exactly a lie—the boy had no idea where he wanted to go next once he was out of the forest. He supposed that he was just going to rely on the instincts that drove him forward now.
“Well,” she said, sounding shy and bashful. “I was wondering if...if you wanted to—travel together?” Her voice squeaked at the end, as if she was running out of bravery. The boy cocked his head, debating.
“Why?”
“I’m—I’m looking for my brother, he was sent away some months—months ago to the work camps. I ran away because I wanted to find him.” She said, still hesitating to come forward.
“Why didn’t you just wait to be sent, then you could find him easier that way,” the boy said, sounding like it was the most obvious solution. “That’s what I would’ve done.”
“I...I don’t know,” the girl sniffed, beginning to cry. She sat down, rubbing at her face and taking in shaky breaths, gasping and hiccupping. The boy crossed over to her, placing a hand on the girl’s shoulder.
“Hey, it’ll be okay. I can go with you, if you want.”
“R—really?” She sniffed, looking up at him with watery eyes. “Thank you. What’s your name?”
“B...Gray,” he said, looking down at his hands. One was a solid gray color, the other white. He had gray splotches all over his body.
“I’m Keffria,” the girl said, sniffing again. He nodded, and in the silence a rumbling sound filled between them. Keffria clutched at her stomach, looking embarrassed, but Gray didn’t say anything. He left his new friend and found some more bitter plants for her, though he couldn’t find any more insects.
“Ready?” The boy asked once she had eaten—with a twisted scowl—the plants. She nodded, stumbling to her feet. Together, they walked on through the forest.

Go back to the top! --> Main Page
x8z3xmt.pngFor God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16
@MorningSkye14

I wouldn't worry about changing the rules around or "breaking" some of them, I still haven't done those 80 rounds and I'm probably not going to because the main part of the pinkerlocke is to have fun, so I write even if I'm not getting materials. c:

Nice update as well! Ballad's personality is interesting, I can't wait to possibly learn more about him soon! Poor Keffria, hopefully Ballad will be able to help her and they will find her brother! ^^
@MorningSkye14

I wouldn't worry about changing the rules around or "breaking" some of them, I still haven't done those 80 rounds and I'm probably not going to because the main part of the pinkerlocke is to have fun, so I write even if I'm not getting materials. c:

Nice update as well! Ballad's personality is interesting, I can't wait to possibly learn more about him soon! Poor Keffria, hopefully Ballad will be able to help her and they will find her brother! ^^
█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

@Spottedleaf125
Thanks! :D Ahh, I know, I guess I just like to follow rules and it feels like breaking them. XD Oh well, I should get over it, lol.

Yeah, I'm trying to make Ballad more mature than he should be at his age, because it'll all add up later. I won't spoil anything that I have in my mind. x) And yup, we'll see how Ballad helps little Keffria!

The next update will probably be Saturday when I have some time to write more... dunno if I'm gonna get that art piece done today, aha. Friday or Saturday for sure, unless I get lazy... heh...
@Spottedleaf125
Thanks! :D Ahh, I know, I guess I just like to follow rules and it feels like breaking them. XD Oh well, I should get over it, lol.

Yeah, I'm trying to make Ballad more mature than he should be at his age, because it'll all add up later. I won't spoil anything that I have in my mind. x) And yup, we'll see how Ballad helps little Keffria!

The next update will probably be Saturday when I have some time to write more... dunno if I'm gonna get that art piece done today, aha. Friday or Saturday for sure, unless I get lazy... heh...
x8z3xmt.pngFor God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16
[center][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/food/21409.png[/img] [size=5][u][b]DAY FOUR[/b][/u][/size] Pinkerton finally gave me something than other a trinket! Aaaand as of right now I don't want to do any matches as he gave me food. They're technically still children, anyways. So I'll make sure there's instead some writing with action in it! c: And yes, I've actually started lining the piece of art I keep talking about. XD Should be done today, unless I flop and get lazy. @Spottedleaf125 -- ping for update! ----- ----- The two children traveled through the forest all day long, picking their way through underbrush and thorn bushes, scrambling over roots that constantly tripped up Keffria. They did little talking, mostly because Gray kept giving the girl short answers and discouraging any other questions. Keffria had explained to her new companion that her brother—Keian—looked just like her, so that way he could look for him. Night was slowly falling and Gray continued on, but Keffria began to jump at every little noise. A mith flitted across their path at some point, causing the girl to scream, but it held no interest to the children. “You’re fine, Keffria, don’t scream again,” Gray said sternly, sending a glare over at his companion. She nodded, eyes flicking around. “Alright,” she murmured. He saw that she was shaking, and withheld a groan. The boy didn’t know what a scaredy-cat he had picked up, though throughout the day he was beginning to realize how jumpy Keffria was. They stopped when it grew too dark to continue, and the two children found a hollow log to use as shelter. Keffria dropped onto the musty leaves inside of the log, almost instantly falling asleep. She wasn’t used to traveling, and it exhausted her short limbs. Gray, however, went hunting for supper as his stomach felt as empty as their shelter. The boy was elbow-deep in leaves, hunting for worms, when a prickling sensation tickled down his spine. He pulled out, holding two wriggling prizes as he looked around. Seeing nothing, Gray killed the worms then hunted for some more, eating a few before bringing three back to the log. He placed them near Keffria, then went out and foraged some plants. Again—as he munched on a particularly musky flower—he felt that prickling sensation. Suddenly the boy cocked his head upward, and alarm filled his red eyes. Abandoning the flowers, he bolted toward the log, running as fast as his tired legs could carry himself. But no matter how fast he could run, a large hairy beast knocked him to the forest floor. He gasped in pain, skidding across rotting leaves and feeling a fire of pain along his side and right wing. When Gray looked up—scrambling to get a foothold—he saw a large wolf, bigger than him, crouching a few feet away. It snarled, fangs yellowed and golden eyes flashing with the hunt. The boy began to tremble, backing up slowly. The wolf pounced again, so quick that Gray couldn’t get away. Its fangs locked onto his hip, shredding their way down through the flesh. He screamed, writing in pain as hot blood washed over his side and leg. The beast crouched over him, and the boy watched, eyes dimming, as it swopped down for his neck. The dragon didn’t try to stop it, he felt far too weak and in pain to do anything of the sort. But then a bright flash of silver turned the forest into day, and the wolf paused—cringing and whining as Gray closed his eyes against the abrasive light. A silver creature stood above him, though the child’s blurry eyes that flecked with black couldn’t make out its exact shape. The wolf snarled and leapt at the new threat to its prey, but with a slash of the creature’s hand it dropped, dead. The silver being came to Gray’s side, and he screamed again as it touched that same hand to his hip. “Easy, child,” a clear, beautiful voice whispered. The boy blinked, struggling against his consciousness that continued to slip away. “Who...Who are—you?” He asked weakly. “That question shall be answered one day, dearest. I cannot answer it today, however. You will be fine, rest now.” The last thing Gray saw, before his eyes closed, was Keffria standing behind the silver being. Her eyes were large and her mouth hung open, but a snapping sound echoed between the trees and the girl dropped. ----- ----- [center][b]Go back to the top! --> [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2144894/1#2144894]Main Page[/url][/b][/center]
21409.png

DAY FOUR

Pinkerton finally gave me something than other a trinket! Aaaand as of right now I don't want to do any matches as he gave me food. They're technically still children, anyways. So I'll make sure there's instead some writing with action in it! c:

And yes, I've actually started lining the piece of art I keep talking about. XD Should be done today, unless I flop and get lazy.

@Spottedleaf125 -- ping for update!

The two children traveled through the forest all day long, picking their way through underbrush and thorn bushes, scrambling over roots that constantly tripped up Keffria. They did little talking, mostly because Gray kept giving the girl short answers and discouraging any other questions. Keffria had explained to her new companion that her brother—Keian—looked just like her, so that way he could look for him.
Night was slowly falling and Gray continued on, but Keffria began to jump at every little noise. A mith flitted across their path at some point, causing the girl to scream, but it held no interest to the children.
“You’re fine, Keffria, don’t scream again,” Gray said sternly, sending a glare over at his companion. She nodded, eyes flicking around.
“Alright,” she murmured. He saw that she was shaking, and withheld a groan. The boy didn’t know what a scaredy-cat he had picked up, though throughout the day he was beginning to realize how jumpy Keffria was.
They stopped when it grew too dark to continue, and the two children found a hollow log to use as shelter. Keffria dropped onto the musty leaves inside of the log, almost instantly falling asleep. She wasn’t used to traveling, and it exhausted her short limbs. Gray, however, went hunting for supper as his stomach felt as empty as their shelter.
The boy was elbow-deep in leaves, hunting for worms, when a prickling sensation tickled down his spine. He pulled out, holding two wriggling prizes as he looked around. Seeing nothing, Gray killed the worms then hunted for some more, eating a few before bringing three back to the log. He placed them near Keffria, then went out and foraged some plants. Again—as he munched on a particularly musky flower—he felt that prickling sensation.
Suddenly the boy cocked his head upward, and alarm filled his red eyes. Abandoning the flowers, he bolted toward the log, running as fast as his tired legs could carry himself. But no matter how fast he could run, a large hairy beast knocked him to the forest floor. He gasped in pain, skidding across rotting leaves and feeling a fire of pain along his side and right wing.
When Gray looked up—scrambling to get a foothold—he saw a large wolf, bigger than him, crouching a few feet away. It snarled, fangs yellowed and golden eyes flashing with the hunt. The boy began to tremble, backing up slowly.
The wolf pounced again, so quick that Gray couldn’t get away. Its fangs locked onto his hip, shredding their way down through the flesh. He screamed, writing in pain as hot blood washed over his side and leg. The beast crouched over him, and the boy watched, eyes dimming, as it swopped down for his neck. The dragon didn’t try to stop it, he felt far too weak and in pain to do anything of the sort.
But then a bright flash of silver turned the forest into day, and the wolf paused—cringing and whining as Gray closed his eyes against the abrasive light.
A silver creature stood above him, though the child’s blurry eyes that flecked with black couldn’t make out its exact shape. The wolf snarled and leapt at the new threat to its prey, but with a slash of the creature’s hand it dropped, dead. The silver being came to Gray’s side, and he screamed again as it touched that same hand to his hip.
“Easy, child,” a clear, beautiful voice whispered. The boy blinked, struggling against his consciousness that continued to slip away.
“Who...Who are—you?” He asked weakly.
“That question shall be answered one day, dearest. I cannot answer it today, however. You will be fine, rest now.”
The last thing Gray saw, before his eyes closed, was Keffria standing behind the silver being. Her eyes were large and her mouth hung open, but a snapping sound echoed between the trees and the girl dropped.

Edited the writing, as I didn't like what I had. We get to see from Ballad's point of view for the first time! It'll mostly be written in third person to keep things mysterious, but you will get to see from his view a lot more in the future.

Also I believe I'll give Keffria one or two turns at showing us her thoughts. :)
Edited the writing, as I didn't like what I had. We get to see from Ballad's point of view for the first time! It'll mostly be written in third person to keep things mysterious, but you will get to see from his view a lot more in the future.

Also I believe I'll give Keffria one or two turns at showing us her thoughts. :)
@MorningSkye14

Whoa! That was really interesting! I wonder what that creature was, or maybe it's a ghost? They said my child... Hmm. It was nice to be able to see from Ballad's point of view of things, I also like that some of it is still in third person. I wonder if Keffria will remember anything when she wakes up? I'm betting not, but Idk!
@MorningSkye14

Whoa! That was really interesting! I wonder what that creature was, or maybe it's a ghost? They said my child... Hmm. It was nice to be able to see from Ballad's point of view of things, I also like that some of it is still in third person. I wonder if Keffria will remember anything when she wakes up? I'm betting not, but Idk!
█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

@Spottedleaf125
Glad you liked it, and yeah! I decided to start showing into Ballad's mysterious life, but probably just added even more questions to those who dunno what's going to happen. XD

I don't want to spoil anything, but maybe I'll do more writing on Sunday since I don't think I'm going to be finishing the art today, oops. XD I keep getting spurts of inspiration then it keeps dying down, lol.
@Spottedleaf125
Glad you liked it, and yeah! I decided to start showing into Ballad's mysterious life, but probably just added even more questions to those who dunno what's going to happen. XD

I don't want to spoil anything, but maybe I'll do more writing on Sunday since I don't think I'm going to be finishing the art today, oops. XD I keep getting spurts of inspiration then it keeps dying down, lol.
DAY FIVE

Pinkerton... Please stop giving me food and trinkets... I understand you want that art and obviously death but I'm telling you it'll all come in do time...

Since it was food today, and the last writing was about a fight, I will just do some normal writing.

What will the kids remember from the encounter with the wolf? @Spottedleaf125 - for pinglist!

I’m shaken awake, and I slap away the hand that disturbs me. I hear a huff, and when I finally blink open my eyes I see Gray standing beside me. He scoops something up from the ground, then offers me a few fresh insects.
“Gray...Did you see something last night?” I ask hesitantly, something tickling the back of my mind. A memory, a very bright flash and then darkness. He shakes his head, frowning.
“No, I didn’t. Now eat, I want to get going. I’ve had my share already,” he tells me, pushing his hand closer. My stomach rumbles, telling me to take them. But I ignore my belly.
“But I remember a flash last night—like a bright, white light,” I insist, watching confusing flicker across my companion’s face.
“I have no idea what you are talking about, Keffria. It must’ve been a dream, I was up later than you and remember nothing. Stop fussing and eat your breakfast.” He shakes his hand, the shiny black backs of beetles shimmering invitingly.
“But I remember something, I really do!” I exclaim, feeling frustration, confusion, but most of all: fear. What could it have been? Was it dangerous? Was Gray actually hiding something from me?
“Stop worrying, it had to have been a realistic dream,” Gray says, almost scoffing. “Now come on! Or I’ll leave you.”
“All right, all right,” I grumble, snatching the bugs. I pop them in my mouth, crunching on a few at a time as all my fears run through my mind. What if we’ll be followed by whatever made that weird flash? What if it’ll kill us? I shiver in fear. “I still feel like something’s out here...” I mutter to myself, eating the last insect.
“What?”
“Nothing,” I say, standing. Gray grunts, but makes no further comment as we leave our resting spot and hike off into the trees.

The two children travelled all day, mostly bickering amongst each other or completely silent. Arguments over resting breaks or finding lunch were very big problems, each wanting something different. Yet still, they managed to work together and travel over roots, through thick underbrush, and past a few miths and other monsters.
By the end of the day, they had reached the edge of the forest. When they stepped out onto green grass, they saw a sweeping valley stretch on for leagues before stopping at distant gray-blue mountains. Keffria took it all in with wide eyes, but Gray was more focused on one spot in the valley. A town.

DAY FIVE

Pinkerton... Please stop giving me food and trinkets... I understand you want that art and obviously death but I'm telling you it'll all come in do time...

Since it was food today, and the last writing was about a fight, I will just do some normal writing.

What will the kids remember from the encounter with the wolf? @Spottedleaf125 - for pinglist!

I’m shaken awake, and I slap away the hand that disturbs me. I hear a huff, and when I finally blink open my eyes I see Gray standing beside me. He scoops something up from the ground, then offers me a few fresh insects.
“Gray...Did you see something last night?” I ask hesitantly, something tickling the back of my mind. A memory, a very bright flash and then darkness. He shakes his head, frowning.
“No, I didn’t. Now eat, I want to get going. I’ve had my share already,” he tells me, pushing his hand closer. My stomach rumbles, telling me to take them. But I ignore my belly.
“But I remember a flash last night—like a bright, white light,” I insist, watching confusing flicker across my companion’s face.
“I have no idea what you are talking about, Keffria. It must’ve been a dream, I was up later than you and remember nothing. Stop fussing and eat your breakfast.” He shakes his hand, the shiny black backs of beetles shimmering invitingly.
“But I remember something, I really do!” I exclaim, feeling frustration, confusion, but most of all: fear. What could it have been? Was it dangerous? Was Gray actually hiding something from me?
“Stop worrying, it had to have been a realistic dream,” Gray says, almost scoffing. “Now come on! Or I’ll leave you.”
“All right, all right,” I grumble, snatching the bugs. I pop them in my mouth, crunching on a few at a time as all my fears run through my mind. What if we’ll be followed by whatever made that weird flash? What if it’ll kill us? I shiver in fear. “I still feel like something’s out here...” I mutter to myself, eating the last insect.
“What?”
“Nothing,” I say, standing. Gray grunts, but makes no further comment as we leave our resting spot and hike off into the trees.

The two children travelled all day, mostly bickering amongst each other or completely silent. Arguments over resting breaks or finding lunch were very big problems, each wanting something different. Yet still, they managed to work together and travel over roots, through thick underbrush, and past a few miths and other monsters.
By the end of the day, they had reached the edge of the forest. When they stepped out onto green grass, they saw a sweeping valley stretch on for leagues before stopping at distant gray-blue mountains. Keffria took it all in with wide eyes, but Gray was more focused on one spot in the valley. A town.

@MorningSkye14

I totally get what you mean by pinkerton giving stuff you don't want, the past few days all he's been giving me is food, when I just want materials. x/

I wonder if Ballad remembers more than Keffria and just doesn't want to tell her or if he completely forgets as well? Ooh! I can't wait to see this town too! I wonder if there's any other dragons there or if it's abandoned or something? Can't wait to see what happens!
@MorningSkye14

I totally get what you mean by pinkerton giving stuff you don't want, the past few days all he's been giving me is food, when I just want materials. x/

I wonder if Ballad remembers more than Keffria and just doesn't want to tell her or if he completely forgets as well? Ooh! I can't wait to see this town too! I wonder if there's any other dragons there or if it's abandoned or something? Can't wait to see what happens!
█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22