Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Poison - [A Pinkerlocke]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
[rule] [center][font=century][size=7] - D A Y - F O U R - [rule] [item=Black Pawn] [font=century][size=4][i]Trinket - Do some art for your Pinkerlocke.[/i][/center] [rule] [font=century][size=4]When Vioska awoke, it was to a raging pain in her wing. Groggily, she roused herself from her makeshift bed, which was little more than a bloody puddle on the cavern floor. The injury had receded, luckily, but the spot where the muscles had been split ached and burned as if a colony of fire ants had descended upon it. Of course, at that point there was no time to lose. If Vioska was going to get medical treatment, she and Anari would have to get going as soon as possible. Having a fever was no way to start her journey. Quickly splashing her tail across the puddle to wipe away any trace of blood, Vioska quickly spotted where Anari had settled down to rest, his bed of bamboo disorganized from the previous night. To spare herself any amount of awkward explaining, she scooped up a sleeping Anari in her arms and prayed that he would stay asleep. He groaned, as if in response, then forced his eyes lazily awake. [b]"Hmmmm, what? What's happening?" [/b]he muttered, mostly to himself. Cursing her hasty decision, Vioska plopped him roughly onto her back. She hoped desperately that that would hold an obvious cue for him to stop talking, but she knew well enough how powerful and effective hatchling's bothersome tendencies were. Almost instantly, Anari was awake and excited, bounding around on her back and rolling in her feathers. [b]"Are we going on an adventure, mom? Where are we going? Do we need to take anything with us? You know, I was..."[/b] Vioska shut him out, answering his queries with a simple, "[b]Uh huh.[/b]" Snuffling around the area and flicking her tongue in and out, Vioska gathered a large cluster of vines, which she shaped into a small sack that she could sling over her shoulder. Sneaking around the pond and crouching at the edges, she managed to gather a few choice pieces of eel and catfish, as well as a few reeds and bamboo shoots for the hatchling that sat on her back. With any luck, it would last them all the way to the border of Water and Fire territory. There, she knew, was located the best hospitals in southern Sornieth. Finally, she could heal her wing, and get this whole terrible gig behind her.

- D A Y - F O U R -

Black Pawn

Trinket - Do some art for your Pinkerlocke.

When Vioska awoke, it was to a raging pain in her wing. Groggily, she roused herself from her makeshift bed, which was little more than a bloody puddle on the cavern floor. The injury had receded, luckily, but the spot where the muscles had been split ached and burned as if a colony of fire ants had descended upon it. Of course, at that point there was no time to lose. If Vioska was going to get medical treatment, she and Anari would have to get going as soon as possible. Having a fever was no way to start her journey.

Quickly splashing her tail across the puddle to wipe away any trace of blood, Vioska quickly spotted where Anari had settled down to rest, his bed of bamboo disorganized from the previous night. To spare herself any amount of awkward explaining, she scooped up a sleeping Anari in her arms and prayed that he would stay asleep. He groaned, as if in response, then forced his eyes lazily awake. "Hmmmm, what? What's happening?" he muttered, mostly to himself. Cursing her hasty decision, Vioska plopped him roughly onto her back. She hoped desperately that that would hold an obvious cue for him to stop talking, but she knew well enough how powerful and effective hatchling's bothersome tendencies were. Almost instantly, Anari was awake and excited, bounding around on her back and rolling in her feathers. "Are we going on an adventure, mom? Where are we going? Do we need to take anything with us? You know, I was..." Vioska shut him out, answering his queries with a simple, "Uh huh."

Snuffling around the area and flicking her tongue in and out, Vioska gathered a large cluster of vines, which she shaped into a small sack that she could sling over her shoulder. Sneaking around the pond and crouching at the edges, she managed to gather a few choice pieces of eel and catfish, as well as a few reeds and bamboo shoots for the hatchling that sat on her back. With any luck, it would last them all the way to the border of Water and Fire territory. There, she knew, was located the best hospitals in southern Sornieth. Finally, she could heal her wing, and get this whole terrible gig behind her.
TPoSyOQ.png 51xsGFL.png 10x10.png 10x10.png 10x10.png
Kenopsian
They / Them
FR +2
32995828.png
@ScarletTheDragon

Ouch, that sounds painful :c
@ScarletTheDragon

Ouch, that sounds painful :c
91586610.png
[rule] [center][font=century][size=7] - D A Y - F I V E - [/center] [rule] [center][item=Jar of Slime][/center] [center][i][font=century][size=4]Materials - Flex your creative muscles.[/i][/center] [rule] [center][font=century][size=4]@Wakener[/center] [rule] [font=century][size=4]As soon as Vioska had taken everything she could from their little shelter in the rocks, they were off. It was almost too sudden; one moment they were there, the next going off to somewhere new. The place that had been so important to find would be behind them now. Trotting at a slow pace, Vioska skillfully navigated herself through the thick woods of bamboo that encompassed the lake. As the sound of the roaring waterfall faded, Anari couldn't help but stare longingly after the place, even though they'd only stayed there for a sunrise. The glistening waters and softly waving greenery called to him, reminded him of somewhere he had left long ago. But all it took was a soft hug to his mother's soft feathers, and all of his worries melted away. Everything would turn out fine, as long as he had her, and she had him. Wherever she went was home to him. As for where they were going, Vioska only told him after a few long and surely fairly antagonizing minutes of interrogation; it was the Ashblown Sea, the very meeting of Wind, Water and Fire territory. The reason they were going, she had explained sullenly, was that ever since the Fire and Water dominance battle that had occurred many years before he had been born, the Sea was home to the best hospitals in Sornieth. Vividly, Anari relived the terrifying night that he had almost lost his mother to that terrible stick that the awful blue dragon had stuck in her wing. Instinctively, Anari had clutched his claws tighter; he couldn't begin to imagine what he'd do to that evil creature if he ever saw him again! But Vioska visibly winced at his talons digging into her skin, and so he had quickly relaxed. Whatever had happened, it didn't matter now. His mother would surely fix it in time. But he still couldn't stop thinking about that dragon, the blue one with a body that shimmered in the moonlight. "[b]Mother?[/b]" he asked when he finally could hold his curiosity no longer. "[b]Yes?[/b]" she replied in the grouchy way that she did most things. "[b]You know that dragon? That one that we saw..."[/b] Anari broke off as he felt his mother's body tense below him. But he had to know. "[b]Who was he?[/b]" Vioska stared ahead before responding. "[b]A very bad dragon,[/b]" she answered.

- D A Y - F I V E -

Jar of Slime
Materials - Flex your creative muscles.

As soon as Vioska had taken everything she could from their little shelter in the rocks, they were off. It was almost too sudden; one moment they were there, the next going off to somewhere new. The place that had been so important to find would be behind them now. Trotting at a slow pace, Vioska skillfully navigated herself through the thick woods of bamboo that encompassed the lake. As the sound of the roaring waterfall faded, Anari couldn't help but stare longingly after the place, even though they'd only stayed there for a sunrise. The glistening waters and softly waving greenery called to him, reminded him of somewhere he had left long ago. But all it took was a soft hug to his mother's soft feathers, and all of his worries melted away. Everything would turn out fine, as long as he had her, and she had him. Wherever she went was home to him.

As for where they were going, Vioska only told him after a few long and surely fairly antagonizing minutes of interrogation; it was the Ashblown Sea, the very meeting of Wind, Water and Fire territory. The reason they were going, she had explained sullenly, was that ever since the Fire and Water dominance battle that had occurred many years before he had been born, the Sea was home to the best hospitals in Sornieth. Vividly, Anari relived the terrifying night that he had almost lost his mother to that terrible stick that the awful blue dragon had stuck in her wing. Instinctively, Anari had clutched his claws tighter; he couldn't begin to imagine what he'd do to that evil creature if he ever saw him again! But Vioska visibly winced at his talons digging into her skin, and so he had quickly relaxed. Whatever had happened, it didn't matter now. His mother would surely fix it in time.

But he still couldn't stop thinking about that dragon, the blue one with a body that shimmered in the moonlight. "Mother?" he asked when he finally could hold his curiosity no longer. "Yes?" she replied in the grouchy way that she did most things. "You know that dragon? That one that we saw..." Anari broke off as he felt his mother's body tense below him. But he had to know. "Who was he?" Vioska stared ahead before responding. "A very bad dragon," she answered.

Kenopsian
They / Them
FR +2
32995828.png
@ScarletTheDragon

Aw, so innocent and naive xD
@ScarletTheDragon

Aw, so innocent and naive xD
91586610.png
[rule] [center][font=century][size=7] - D A Y - S I X - [/center] [rule] [center][item=Glowing Pocket Bauble][/center] [center][i][font=century][size=4]Materials - Flex your creative muscles.[/i][/center] [rule] [center][font=century][size=4]@Wakener[/center] [rule] [font=century][size=4]It was dark. Dark, everywhere she could see. But it wasn't like the shadowy grasp of the night, or the deepest forests of the Tangled Wood. No, the darkness was almost tangible, like claws that reached out from the shade and suffocated her, filling up her lungs. "[i]I can't breathe,[/i]" Vioska thought to herself. The panic in her stomach rose. "[b]I can't breathe![/b]" This was finally it. This was the end. Even the Plaguebringer couldn't help her now. Struggling through the darkness and gasping for air, Vioska found herself gripped by the spinning of the earth. She couldn't run. Everything swam around her. Trying relentlessly not to fall, Vioska's fear, combined with the awful things that had happened that night, arose from her mouth in a scream that could hardly be hers. "[b]Somebody! Anybody, please![/b] she wailed, every last restraint snapped away. In her panic, Vioska's shuffling feet caught on a large hunk of rock. "[b]No![/b]" she cried, her fear rising to her throat and shaking her voice. She tugged at her claws. They were stuck firm. [b]"No, no no no, no![/b]" Each repetition was followed by a desperate pull away from the heavy stone. As if in response, a small voice howled out from the shadows. "[b]Mother![/b]" Whipping around, Vioska only just spotted a tiny, feathery face just barely visible. And in the blink of an eye, he was dragged away. Vioska's screams rose and rose, until she couldn't even tell that it was her voice anymore. Her voice had gone raw with pain, and her face clawed in her agony. This couldn't be happening. Surely, she couldn't lose so much in a single instant. And with that, the rock she was trapped under was seized from her foot, and with a crunch of bone she was sent spiraling to the rocky floor. The blackness covered everything, until even her very mind was consumed by nothingness. [rule] [font=century][size=4][b]"Mother!"[/b] Anari's voice split through her consciousness, snapping her awake. [i]"Thank the Plaguebringer for him, for once,"[/i] Vioska thought to herself. Such an embarrassment that she'd had that particular dream, and at such a bad time. [b]"I'm alright,"[/b] she grunted, righting herself and raising her head slightly off of the ground. Once again, Anari's worried eyes looked on, as big as moons, his snout only a few inches away from her face. At her assurance, he slumped nervously over and grasped his pearl, which his tail curled around. Vioska did a double take. [i]His pearl.[/i] Mostly awake, Vioska reached out to touch it. It was real, all right, and nearly as big as his head. [b]When did you get this?[/b] Anari shrugged nonchalantly. [b]"I was asleep and then it just..."[/b] he pointed to his mouth, and Vioska was reminded again of the rather gross way that Pearlcatchers got their names. For a moment, there was silence. [b]"What was happening just then?"[/b] Anari pressed. [b]"Oh, it was nothing. Just a bad dream,"[/b] she replied, mimicking Anari's shrug. He must have realized that he wasn't going to get any more out of her, because he slunk reluctantly off to the bed of wildflowers that he'd gathered. [b]"Well, I'm going to bed,"[/b] he announced, and in an instant slumped over and fell asleep. [i]"Thank goodness,"[/i] Vioska thought. Finally, she would have a moment to herself again. Savoring the relaxation that covered the small grassland they'd taken shelter in, Vioska coiled herself up beneath the trunk of a large oak tree and closed her eyes. But no matter how much she tried to sleep, that same blue-feathered face still danced on her eyelids, haunting her like a phantom.

- D A Y - S I X -

Glowing Pocket Bauble

It was dark. Dark, everywhere she could see. But it wasn't like the shadowy grasp of the night, or the deepest forests of the Tangled Wood. No, the darkness was almost tangible, like claws that reached out from the shade and suffocated her, filling up her lungs. "I can't breathe," Vioska thought to herself. The panic in her stomach rose. "I can't breathe!" This was finally it. This was the end. Even the Plaguebringer couldn't help her now.

Struggling through the darkness and gasping for air, Vioska found herself gripped by the spinning of the earth. She couldn't run. Everything swam around her. Trying relentlessly not to fall, Vioska's fear, combined with the awful things that had happened that night, arose from her mouth in a scream that could hardly be hers. "Somebody! Anybody, please! she wailed, every last restraint snapped away.

In her panic, Vioska's shuffling feet caught on a large hunk of rock. "No!" she cried, her fear rising to her throat and shaking her voice. She tugged at her claws. They were stuck firm. "No, no no no, no!" Each repetition was followed by a desperate pull away from the heavy stone. As if in response, a small voice howled out from the shadows. "Mother!" Whipping around, Vioska only just spotted a tiny, feathery face just barely visible. And in the blink of an eye, he was dragged away.

Vioska's screams rose and rose, until she couldn't even tell that it was her voice anymore. Her voice had gone raw with pain, and her face clawed in her agony. This couldn't be happening. Surely, she couldn't lose so much in a single instant. And with that, the rock she was trapped under was seized from her foot, and with a crunch of bone she was sent spiraling to the rocky floor. The blackness covered everything, until even her very mind was consumed by nothingness.

"Mother!" Anari's voice split through her consciousness, snapping her awake. "Thank the Plaguebringer for him, for once," Vioska thought to herself. Such an embarrassment that she'd had that particular dream, and at such a bad time. "I'm alright," she grunted, righting herself and raising her head slightly off of the ground. Once again, Anari's worried eyes looked on, as big as moons, his snout only a few inches away from her face. At her assurance, he slumped nervously over and grasped his pearl, which his tail curled around. Vioska did a double take. His pearl. Mostly awake, Vioska reached out to touch it. It was real, all right, and nearly as big as his head.

When did you get this? Anari shrugged nonchalantly. "I was asleep and then it just..." he pointed to his mouth, and Vioska was reminded again of the rather gross way that Pearlcatchers got their names. For a moment, there was silence. "What was happening just then?" Anari pressed. "Oh, it was nothing. Just a bad dream," she replied, mimicking Anari's shrug. He must have realized that he wasn't going to get any more out of her, because he slunk reluctantly off to the bed of wildflowers that he'd gathered. "Well, I'm going to bed," he announced, and in an instant slumped over and fell asleep.

"Thank goodness," Vioska thought. Finally, she would have a moment to herself again. Savoring the relaxation that covered the small grassland they'd taken shelter in, Vioska coiled herself up beneath the trunk of a large oak tree and closed her eyes. But no matter how much she tried to sleep, that same blue-feathered face still danced on her eyelids, haunting her like a phantom.
Kenopsian
They / Them
FR +2
32995828.png
@ScarletTheDragon

Oh dear, it seems she has a bit of a past there :o
@ScarletTheDragon

Oh dear, it seems she has a bit of a past there :o
91586610.png
[rule] [center][font=century][size=7] - D A Y - S E V E N - [/center] [rule] [center][item=Moonglow Foxtail] [i][font=century][size=4]Materials - Flex your creative muscles.[/i][/center] [rule] [center][font=century][size=4]@Wakener[/center] [rule] [font=century][size=4]The fever finally came. Vioska could feel it the moment she woke up. Every muscle ached, and her feathers radiated heat, yet she still shivered in the cold. She could still stand, thank the Plaguebringer, but her legs were weak and shaking. This was, to put it mildly, terribly inconvenient. The Ashblown Sea was still two or three days away on foot, which she would never be able to make once her infection got any worse. She couldn't wait a moment more than that, not when her employer was waiting. Carefully, she roused Anari from his bed. All it took was a blunt [b]"We're going,"[/b] to get him awake and ready to move on to the next place. He had become more than used to the life of a nomad. But one look at Vioska, and she could tell that Anari knew. Neither of them spoke. The infection was growing. And it was only a matter of time before this entire forsaken trip would get Vioska killed. [rule]

- D A Y - S E V E N -

Moonglow Foxtail

The fever finally came. Vioska could feel it the moment she woke up. Every muscle ached, and her feathers radiated heat, yet she still shivered in the cold. She could still stand, thank the Plaguebringer, but her legs were weak and shaking. This was, to put it mildly, terribly inconvenient. The Ashblown Sea was still two or three days away on foot, which she would never be able to make once her infection got any worse. She couldn't wait a moment more than that, not when her employer was waiting.

Carefully, she roused Anari from his bed. All it took was a blunt "We're going," to get him awake and ready to move on to the next place. He had become more than used to the life of a nomad. But one look at Vioska, and she could tell that Anari knew. Neither of them spoke.

The infection was growing. And it was only a matter of time before this entire forsaken trip would get Vioska killed.

Kenopsian
They / Them
FR +2
32995828.png
@ScarletTheDragon

And he has no idea what she is really doing with him D: Poor Anari.
@ScarletTheDragon

And he has no idea what she is really doing with him D: Poor Anari.
91586610.png
@ScarletTheDragon

Could I be added to the pinglist?
@ScarletTheDragon

Could I be added to the pinglist?
PQznZys.png
@SariStar

Sure thing! Adding you now ^-^
@SariStar

Sure thing! Adding you now ^-^
Kenopsian