Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | (Pinkerlocke) Shifting Sunlight
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 28 29
@kragnes

Sure thing! ^^
@kragnes

Sure thing! ^^
a3665186-2e54-4922-869a-430b41931c92.png
█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

Trigun Stampede - Dr. Stone
Fleet Foxes - Delicious in Dungeon

[center][item=Ruby Tetras] [b]Day 21[/b] (30 Matches) ~*~ Raigi, Howard, and Carpenter Bee all had many, many canvas sacks tied to their backs. Each was carefully filled by Flightstone with acorns and small pebbles and sticks, but was rather lightweight. [b]"Are we ready?"[/b] Raigi asked. Flightstone nodded. [b]"Let's go over the plan once more?"[/b] Howard asked. [b]"Okay, so, what we do is this: We walk down the path, acting like it's heavy, and we kinda indirectly talk loud about taking our "loot" to the appraiser whilst sounding believable. Arlo will probably come along, steal our "loot" we argue and "pretend" to try and fight him, and act devastated, but then, once we're sure he can't see us, we follow him, and try to find where he hides stuff, and take back our [i]real[/i] treasure."[/b] Flightstone said. Howard nodded. [b]"Hmm... But what if he catches us?"[/b] He asked. [b]"Well, Raigi, Howard, Carpenter, you've been training?"[/b] Flightstone asked with a smile. [b]"Oh yeah! We can fight him on anytime, he will be sorry if he tries to mess with us."[/b] Raigi said. Howard nodded, and Carpenter Bee gave a buzzy, flexing it's legs like it had muscles. [b]"Alright then, off we go!"[/b] ~*~ @zzzhorses @Petall @Shadowflame777 @kragnes [/center]
Ruby Tetras

Day 21

(30 Matches)

~*~

Raigi, Howard, and Carpenter Bee all had many, many canvas sacks tied to their backs. Each was carefully filled by Flightstone with acorns and small pebbles and sticks, but was rather lightweight.

"Are we ready?" Raigi asked.

Flightstone nodded.

"Let's go over the plan once more?" Howard asked.

"Okay, so, what we do is this: We walk down the path, acting like it's heavy, and we kinda indirectly talk loud about taking our "loot" to the appraiser whilst sounding believable. Arlo will probably come along, steal our "loot" we argue and "pretend" to try and fight him, and act devastated, but then, once we're sure he can't see us, we follow him, and try to find where he hides stuff, and take back our real treasure." Flightstone said.

Howard nodded. "Hmm... But what if he catches us?" He asked.

"Well, Raigi, Howard, Carpenter, you've been training?" Flightstone asked with a smile.

"Oh yeah! We can fight him on anytime, he will be sorry if he tries to mess with us." Raigi said. Howard nodded, and Carpenter Bee gave a buzzy, flexing it's legs like it had muscles.

"Alright then, off we go!"

~*~

@zzzhorses @Petall @Shadowflame777 @kragnes
█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

@Spottedleaf125

Ooooo, I hope their plan works!
@Spottedleaf125

Ooooo, I hope their plan works!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
I wish them luck, however I have a soft spot for Arlo as his parents are in my clan...
I wish them luck, however I have a soft spot for Arlo as his parents are in my clan...
aNHEZYf.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6ky5FlX1r2ao8y_540.pngTn4TEAZ.png+0 FRT ~ she/they ~ INFP
@Spottedleaf125

I hope they get their stuff back from Arlo!
@Spottedleaf125

I hope they get their stuff back from Arlo!
[center][item=Enchanted Remains] [b]Day 22[/b] Yay for Material! Today's update is a continuation of yesterday's post. ~*~ The sunlight filtered through the leaves of the trees above, making the sandy brown dirt path speckled with light. Yellow-green plants reached skyward towards the bright sun. Raigi, Flightstone, and Carpenter all walked or flew along, admiring the scenery, but still a bit on edge about being on the path they got robbed on. Howard was keeping an eye out for anything suspicious. Flightstone looked at all the canvas bags they had, and cleared her throat. [b]"Beautiful weather."[/b] She said, looking at Raigi. [b]"Uh...?- Oh! Yes, yes. Beautiful weather [i]indeed[/i]. Perfect for taking the [i]rest[/i] of our [i]gems[/i] to the [i]appraiser[/i]!"[/b] The snapper said loudly. Carpenter Bee buzzed in confusion, and Howard elbowed it with a glare. [b]"All these gems... We'll be rich! So rich!"[/b] He said to his friends with a wink. Carpenter Bee caught on and started hopping around. [b]"Yes yes! Treasure Treasure! Anything in the world we want to buy we can!"[/b] Flightstone said as she waltzed in the air. Raigi danced around on the ground, less, gracefully... He was stomping around loudly and making lots of noise. Which, was good. Suddenly, there was a figure moving in the brush. Howard looked at Flightstone and Raigi and everyone grinned. More movement. A glint of... Metal? A giant Animated Armor hopped out of the brush, growling viciously at them, baring its metallic fangs. [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/20827.png[/img] Raigi gasped and backed away, Flightstone looked surprised, and Howard clawed at the ground. A bedecked Arlo came from behind it. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31145996] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/311460/31145996_350.png[/img] [/url] He looked at the dragons and gasped in delight, then hugged and petted the Armor. [b]"Oooh goooood boy Papa's so proud of ya Joebob! You're such a good boy, yes ya are!"[/b] He said, the Armor- [i]Joebob[/i] was wagging it's tail happily like a giant puppy. Arlo strutted smugly over towards the group. [b]"Well what da ya kno? It's you all again! I must say I'm very pleased to see all of ya again! Ya brought me more goodies did ya? I must say, I spent two bags worth and I was able to buy Joebob here and a load of stuff to make me look even better!"[/b] He said with a self-conceited chuckle. Raigi gasped. [b]"YOU SPENT IT??!"[/b] He growled angrily, stomping. [b]"Yup! An' now I'm gonna take the rest off of ya too!"[/b] He said, snickering. [b]"Never!"[/b] Howard said. [b]"Hold 'um down Joebob!"[/b] Arlo said. Joebob growled and knocked Howard down, snarling. Arlo slashed the ropes that tied the canvas bags to Raigi's body and took all the bags and piled them into the cart- [i]their[/i] old cart. He nodded to Joebob and so Joebob sliced the ropes on Howard and carried the canvas off and over into the cart as well. Then Arlo took the bags from the Carpenter as well. [b]"NOOOOO! [i]Why[/i]!??!"[/b] Raigi wailed. Flightstone cried. [b]"You can't do this! Have mercy!"[/b] She said, clasping her chest. [b]"I don't know what mercy is."[/b] He said with a snort and started chuckling, carrying the cart if quickly and away he went. The three and Carpenter lied there for several minutes, then finally got up. [b]"Great acting! Ready guys?"[/b] Flightstone asked with a smirk. [b]"Of course!"[/b] Raigi said excitedly. [b]"Let's do this."[/b] Howard said, grinning from ear to ear. Carpenter Bee lifted his leg in the air and waved it around in determination. The three and Carpenter started off after Arlo. ~*~ (Hope you guys are enjoying the updates! c: ) @zzzhorses @Petall @Shadowflame777 @kragnes [/center]
Enchanted Remains

Day 22

Yay for Material! Today's update is a continuation of yesterday's post.

~*~

The sunlight filtered through the leaves of the trees above, making the sandy brown dirt path speckled with light. Yellow-green plants reached skyward towards the bright sun. Raigi, Flightstone, and Carpenter all walked or flew along, admiring the scenery, but still a bit on edge about being on the path they got robbed on. Howard was keeping an eye out for anything suspicious.

Flightstone looked at all the canvas bags they had, and cleared her throat. "Beautiful weather." She said, looking at Raigi.

"Uh...?- Oh! Yes, yes. Beautiful weather indeed. Perfect for taking the rest of our gems to the appraiser!" The snapper said loudly.

Carpenter Bee buzzed in confusion, and Howard elbowed it with a glare. "All these gems... We'll be rich! So rich!" He said to his friends with a wink. Carpenter Bee caught on and started hopping around.

"Yes yes! Treasure Treasure! Anything in the world we want to buy we can!" Flightstone said as she waltzed in the air. Raigi danced around on the ground, less, gracefully... He was stomping around loudly and making lots of noise. Which, was good.

Suddenly, there was a figure moving in the brush.

Howard looked at Flightstone and Raigi and everyone grinned.

More movement. A glint of... Metal?

A giant Animated Armor hopped out of the brush, growling viciously at them, baring its metallic fangs.

20827.png

Raigi gasped and backed away, Flightstone looked surprised, and Howard clawed at the ground.

A bedecked Arlo came from behind it.

31145996_350.png

He looked at the dragons and gasped in delight, then hugged and petted the Armor. "Oooh goooood boy Papa's so proud of ya Joebob! You're such a good boy, yes ya are!" He said, the Armor- Joebob was wagging it's tail happily like a giant puppy.

Arlo strutted smugly over towards the group. "Well what da ya kno? It's you all again! I must say I'm very pleased to see all of ya again! Ya brought me more goodies did ya? I must say, I spent two bags worth and I was able to buy Joebob here and a load of stuff to make me look even better!" He said with a self-conceited chuckle.

Raigi gasped. "YOU SPENT IT??!" He growled angrily, stomping.

"Yup! An' now I'm gonna take the rest off of ya too!" He said, snickering.

"Never!" Howard said.

"Hold 'um down Joebob!" Arlo said.

Joebob growled and knocked Howard down, snarling.

Arlo slashed the ropes that tied the canvas bags to Raigi's body and took all the bags and piled them into the cart- their old cart. He nodded to Joebob and so Joebob sliced the ropes on Howard and carried the canvas off and over into the cart as well. Then Arlo took the bags from the Carpenter as well.

"NOOOOO! Why!??!" Raigi wailed.

Flightstone cried. "You can't do this! Have mercy!" She said, clasping her chest.

"I don't know what mercy is." He said with a snort and started chuckling, carrying the cart if quickly and away he went.

The three and Carpenter lied there for several minutes, then finally got up. "Great acting! Ready guys?" Flightstone asked with a smirk.

"Of course!" Raigi said excitedly.

"Let's do this." Howard said, grinning from ear to ear.

Carpenter Bee lifted his leg in the air and waved it around in determination.

The three and Carpenter started off after Arlo.

~*~

(Hope you guys are enjoying the updates! c: )

█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

aha! I love Arlo so much, the little rascal!
aha! I love Arlo so much, the little rascal!
aNHEZYf.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6ky5FlX1r2ao8y_540.pngTn4TEAZ.png+0 FRT ~ she/they ~ INFP
@Spottedleaf125

Oh my goodness, it's official: Arlo is one of my favourite characters in this Pinkerlocke. The fact he named his familiar "Joebob" is adorable, though I don't know if that's the sort of thing he's want to hear.
@Spottedleaf125

Oh my goodness, it's official: Arlo is one of my favourite characters in this Pinkerlocke. The fact he named his familiar "Joebob" is adorable, though I don't know if that's the sort of thing he's want to hear.
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
[center][item=Umbral Yarn][item=Celestial Horn] [b]Day 23 & 24[/b] (Both material) The group had finally come across a clearing. Flies buzzed around annoyingly. Coral Carpenter watched cocked his head back and forth. [b]"[i]So... Is this where his camp is?[/i]"[/b] Raigi whispered. [b]"[i]I'm betting so[/i]."[/b] Flightstone said, looking at a rickety shack. [b]"[i]What a dump[/i]."[/b] Howard said, fins lied back in disgust. [b]"[i]Howard, you're a bogsneak, what would you do with those gems[/i]?"[/b] Raigi whispered, eyes wide in curiosity. [b]"I'd... Hide them where I'd be close as possible to them to defend them, I guess."[/b] He said. [b]"In that shack then."[/b] Flightstone said. [b]"[i]Let's go then![/i]"[/b] Raigi whispered, starting to step forward. Howard grabbed him and pulled him back. [b]"[i]Do you want to get us all killed?! Slow down. Let Flightstone do her thing.[/i]"[/b] Howard said. [b]"[i]Oh... Right. Sorry.[/i]"[/b] Raigi apologized, looking at Flightstone. She gave a weak smile and dipped her head in forgiveness. She looked toward the shack, and paused. Taking a deep breath, she closed her eyes, letting her mind reach outward. She tried to sense any energies. She wasn't as good as Frostblossom had been, but she could at least try. Maybe Arlo used his element somewhere... Wasn't he water? She remembered faintly when he huffed at her that his eyes were deep blue. She tried to sense any water magic, but couldn't. Flightstone looked sadly at Raigi and Howard, shaking her head. Raigi nodded. [b]"[i]Should we go then?[/i]"[/b] He said, pausing hesitantly. [b]"[i]What else can we do?[/i]"[/b] She said, quietly flying out towards the shack. Raigi followed after, as well as Howard, who slunk along, glancing side to side to see if anyone was around. Carpenter went after him. Silently and diligently, they snuck closer, careful not to step on twigs or leaves to their best abilities. Finally, after what seemed like a million excruciating minutes, they reached the shack, each one letting out a sigh of slight relief- but each also realized it wasn't over yet, and looked up at the towering ominous shack with dread, feeling very, very, very small... Everyone looked at each other, glancing at the door. Finally, Howard was nudged forward, even though his claws tried to sink into the ground so he wouldn't. He looked back at them with a glare, including Carpenter, who had helped Flightstone and Raigi push him forward. Howard rolled his eyes and slowly, cautiously opened the door. It creaked in protest, gradually opening, bit by bit, little by little. Inside of the shack was dark. An old ragged curtain moved in a slight breeze. Bright eyes stared back out of the darkness with growling. An angry cat ran past the dragons. Howard gulped. [b]"Well... Come on. Let's go and find our gems..."[/b] He said, looking back at them. Flightstone and Raigi looked at each other in fright, and Carpenter was shaking. They went inside. Once inside, Flightstone released several fireflies from her pockets. Raigi smiled. [b]"What a great idea! How did you know it would be dark?"[/b] He asked her quietly in admiration. [b]"I didn't... I brought these as a snack actually..."[/b] She said with a a shrug. The fireflies blinked on and off as they flew along in the darkness. Shafts of faint light came down from the roof, yet not enough to put an end to the murky darkness inside... [b]"Anyone else feeling like we're being watched from all sides?"[/b] Raigi said, looking scared. [b]"Yes..."[/b] Flightstone said as they continued forward. There was a sleeping mat on the ground. Howard went over and turned it over, revealing a freshly dug spot. He motioned for the others to come over. They came over and started digging. Quicker and quicker, more excited by the minute. Eventually, claws hit canvas. The dragons looked at each other and grinned. Digging deeper, they revealed all the bags of gems and metals and precious stones (and, the bags full of acorns and pebbles and sticks.) Howard went outside and saw their cart. He grabbed it, and they all started tossing the bags in. It was a lot of work, but soon they had them all, all but the fake bags full of non precious stones and metals. Carpenter was just about to slip his head in the yoke when- [b]"Joebob! We gotta git some of those gems... We need 'um to buy me that fancy shirt I saw the other day."[/b] He said. Joebob came running. The dragons froze. Joebob froze. [b]"JOEBOB HURRY UP AND GIT A BAG OR TWO!"[/b] Arlo yelled from the brush. Joebob started growling in anger. Carpenter knocked Joebob over into the pit that the gems had been in, throwing dirt back over him and then the sleeping mat, then threw a bunch of junk on top of that to keep it down and out of the way. Footsteps came closer. [b]"JOEBOB! Stop bein' a lazy sack of taters an' git me that-! Ugh! Never mind! Whelp, if ya want somethin' done, gotta do it yourself!"[/b] Arlo growled, coming in. He saw the dragons and gasped. [b]"YOU again???!"[/b] He said, stomping his feet. [b]"That's right! We came back for what is rightfully ours!"[/b] Howard said, growling. Joebob growled from under Carpenter. [b]"YEAH! And you can't stop us!"[/b] Raigi said proudly. Arlo snarled. [b]"Well fine! If it's a fight yer lookin' for , it's a fight you're gonna git!"[/b] He said, rushing towards them. Howard knocked him over, and the two wrestled. Arlo swung his tail and tripped Howard, and Howard got back up and chased after Arlo. Arlo ran straight into Raigi, who roared and knocked him over. Arlo tried to chomp down on Raigi's leg. Howard ran over and helped hold him down, snarling in his face. Flightstone gave a tiny screech and smacked Arlo with a stick. [b]"ALRIGHT! ALRIGHT! Stop! Stop! I'll let ya take the gems back!"[/b] Arlo said with a growl. [b]"Okay. Thanks. See? That wasn't that hard, now don't mess with us."[/b] Howard said, shoving him. Everyone but carpenter got up and went to the cart. [b]"Come on Carpenter."[/b] Flightstone called. Carpenter got up and ran over, slipping his head in the yoke, and they started off. [b]"Wait!"[/b] Arlo said. Howard turned. [b]"What??"[/b] He asked. [b]"Just let me keep one bag, please!"[/b] Arlo begged. [b]"You've already spent two or more bags worth. That's good enough for you, thief."[/b] Howard growled. Arlo looked down at his feet as they started to leave. His face then darkened, a sly grin coming across his face. [b]"If you don't leave me a bag, I'll put a voodoo curse on ya..."[/b] He said smoothly, letting the words soak in. The dragons froze. Raigi looked frightened. [b]"What's Voodoo?"[/b] Flightstone asked. [b]"A [i]powerful[/i] magic. I assume it was passed down to me from my momma. She's a voodoo princess. If you don't leave me a bag, I'll make a curse on you. You'll be sorry."[/b] Arlo said. Joebob burst through the dirt, sleeping mat, and junk and came to Arlo's side. [b]"Uh... Wait a moment."[/b] Raigi said, then turned to the others. Everyone huddled together into a circle. [i][b]"What should we do?"[/b][/i] Flightstone asked in a whisper. [b][i]"I don't know, but I don't like the sound of this voodoo stuff"[/i][/b] Howard said darkly. Raigi glanced over his shoulder at the smug Arlo. [i][b]"I think we should give it to him. It's just one bag after all. We have enough problems with that monster or whatever it was that... That... You know. We don't need "voodoo curses" or whatever."[/b][/i] He whispered, eyes wide. Howard sighed. [b]"Fine..."[/b] He said, grabbing a bag and tossing it to the delighted Arlo. [b]"Now, don't bother us anymore. Keep to yourself, don't steal stuff, or we will be coming back."[/b] Howard said, narrowing his eyes. Arlo chuckled, running his claws through the gems. [b]"Thank ya kindly!"[/b] He said, snickering. [b]"Bye bye now! See ya!"[/b] Arlo said waving as he watched the dragons leaving, once they were out of earshot, he smiled. He petted Joebob. [b]"I'll be gettin' that shirt yet boy, and we'll just have to follow them if we see anything else we like won't we? Hahaha!"[/b] He said. ~*~ Howard, Raigi, and Flightstone and Carpenter finally got back to the main trail, and started hopping around in joy. [b]"We did it! Yay!!!"[/b] Raigi squealed. Flightstone fluttered around happily. Carpenter buzzed in glee. Howard grinned. [b]"Next stop, the appraiser!"[/b] ~*~ @zzzhorses @Petall @Shadowflame777 @kragnes [/center]
Umbral Yarn Celestial Horn

Day 23 & 24

(Both material)

The group had finally come across a clearing. Flies buzzed around annoyingly. Coral Carpenter watched cocked his head back and forth.

"So... Is this where his camp is?" Raigi whispered.

"I'm betting so." Flightstone said, looking at a rickety shack.

"What a dump." Howard said, fins lied back in disgust.

"Howard, you're a bogsneak, what would you do with those gems?" Raigi whispered, eyes wide in curiosity.

"I'd... Hide them where I'd be close as possible to them to defend them, I guess." He said.

"In that shack then." Flightstone said.

"Let's go then!" Raigi whispered, starting to step forward. Howard grabbed him and pulled him back. "Do you want to get us all killed?! Slow down. Let Flightstone do her thing." Howard said.

"Oh... Right. Sorry." Raigi apologized, looking at Flightstone. She gave a weak smile and dipped her head in forgiveness.

She looked toward the shack, and paused. Taking a deep breath, she closed her eyes, letting her mind reach outward. She tried to sense any energies. She wasn't as good as Frostblossom had been, but she could at least try. Maybe Arlo used his element somewhere... Wasn't he water? She remembered faintly when he huffed at her that his eyes were deep blue. She tried to sense any water magic, but couldn't. Flightstone looked sadly at Raigi and Howard, shaking her head.

Raigi nodded. "Should we go then?" He said, pausing hesitantly.

"What else can we do?" She said, quietly flying out towards the shack. Raigi followed after, as well as Howard, who slunk along, glancing side to side to see if anyone was around. Carpenter went after him.

Silently and diligently, they snuck closer, careful not to step on twigs or leaves to their best abilities. Finally, after what seemed like a million excruciating minutes, they reached the shack, each one letting out a sigh of slight relief- but each also realized it wasn't over yet, and looked up at the towering ominous shack with dread, feeling very, very, very small...

Everyone looked at each other, glancing at the door. Finally, Howard was nudged forward, even though his claws tried to sink into the ground so he wouldn't. He looked back at them with a glare, including Carpenter, who had helped Flightstone and Raigi push him forward.

Howard rolled his eyes and slowly, cautiously opened the door. It creaked in protest, gradually opening, bit by bit, little by little. Inside of the shack was dark. An old ragged curtain moved in a slight breeze. Bright eyes stared back out of the darkness with growling. An angry cat ran past the dragons.

Howard gulped. "Well... Come on. Let's go and find our gems..." He said, looking back at them. Flightstone and Raigi looked at each other in fright, and Carpenter was shaking. They went inside.

Once inside, Flightstone released several fireflies from her pockets. Raigi smiled. "What a great idea! How did you know it would be dark?" He asked her quietly in admiration. "I didn't... I brought these as a snack actually..." She said with a a shrug.

The fireflies blinked on and off as they flew along in the darkness. Shafts of faint light came down from the roof, yet not enough to put an end to the murky darkness inside...

"Anyone else feeling like we're being watched from all sides?" Raigi said, looking scared.

"Yes..." Flightstone said as they continued forward. There was a sleeping mat on the ground. Howard went over and turned it over, revealing a freshly dug spot. He motioned for the others to come over. They came over and started digging. Quicker and quicker, more excited by the minute. Eventually, claws hit canvas. The dragons looked at each other and grinned. Digging deeper, they revealed all the bags of gems and metals and precious stones (and, the bags full of acorns and pebbles and sticks.)

Howard went outside and saw their cart. He grabbed it, and they all started tossing the bags in. It was a lot of work, but soon they had them all, all but the fake bags full of non precious stones and metals.

Carpenter was just about to slip his head in the yoke when-

"Joebob! We gotta git some of those gems... We need 'um to buy me that fancy shirt I saw the other day." He said. Joebob came running.

The dragons froze.

Joebob froze. "JOEBOB HURRY UP AND GIT A BAG OR TWO!" Arlo yelled from the brush. Joebob started growling in anger. Carpenter knocked Joebob over into the pit that the gems had been in, throwing dirt back over him and then the sleeping mat, then threw a bunch of junk on top of that to keep it down and out of the way.

Footsteps came closer. "JOEBOB! Stop bein' a lazy sack of taters an' git me that-! Ugh! Never mind! Whelp, if ya want somethin' done, gotta do it yourself!" Arlo growled, coming in. He saw the dragons and gasped. "YOU again???!" He said, stomping his feet.

"That's right! We came back for what is rightfully ours!" Howard said, growling. Joebob growled from under Carpenter.

"YEAH! And you can't stop us!" Raigi said proudly.

Arlo snarled. "Well fine! If it's a fight yer lookin' for , it's a fight you're gonna git!" He said, rushing towards them. Howard knocked him over, and the two wrestled. Arlo swung his tail and tripped Howard, and Howard got back up and chased after Arlo. Arlo ran straight into Raigi, who roared and knocked him over. Arlo tried to chomp down on Raigi's leg. Howard ran over and helped hold him down, snarling in his face. Flightstone gave a tiny screech and smacked Arlo with a stick.

"ALRIGHT! ALRIGHT! Stop! Stop! I'll let ya take the gems back!" Arlo said with a growl.

"Okay. Thanks. See? That wasn't that hard, now don't mess with us." Howard said, shoving him.

Everyone but carpenter got up and went to the cart. "Come on Carpenter." Flightstone called. Carpenter got up and ran over, slipping his head in the yoke, and they started off.

"Wait!" Arlo said.

Howard turned. "What??" He asked.

"Just let me keep one bag, please!" Arlo begged.

"You've already spent two or more bags worth. That's good enough for you, thief." Howard growled.

Arlo looked down at his feet as they started to leave. His face then darkened, a sly grin coming across his face. "If you don't leave me a bag, I'll put a voodoo curse on ya..." He said smoothly, letting the words soak in. The dragons froze. Raigi looked frightened.

"What's Voodoo?" Flightstone asked.

"A powerful magic. I assume it was passed down to me from my momma. She's a voodoo princess. If you don't leave me a bag, I'll make a curse on you. You'll be sorry." Arlo said. Joebob burst through the dirt, sleeping mat, and junk and came to Arlo's side.

"Uh... Wait a moment." Raigi said, then turned to the others. Everyone huddled together into a circle.

"What should we do?" Flightstone asked in a whisper.
"I don't know, but I don't like the sound of this voodoo stuff" Howard said darkly.
Raigi glanced over his shoulder at the smug Arlo. "I think we should give it to him. It's just one bag after all. We have enough problems with that monster or whatever it was that... That... You know. We don't need "voodoo curses" or whatever." He whispered, eyes wide.
Howard sighed. "Fine..." He said, grabbing a bag and tossing it to the delighted Arlo.

"Now, don't bother us anymore. Keep to yourself, don't steal stuff, or we will be coming back." Howard said, narrowing his eyes.

Arlo chuckled, running his claws through the gems. "Thank ya kindly!" He said, snickering. "Bye bye now! See ya!" Arlo said waving as he watched the dragons leaving, once they were out of earshot, he smiled. He petted Joebob. "I'll be gettin' that shirt yet boy, and we'll just have to follow them if we see anything else we like won't we? Hahaha!" He said.

~*~

Howard, Raigi, and Flightstone and Carpenter finally got back to the main trail, and started hopping around in joy. "We did it! Yay!!!" Raigi squealed. Flightstone fluttered around happily. Carpenter buzzed in glee. Howard grinned.

"Next stop, the appraiser!"

~*~

█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

@Spottedleaf125

I love the way Arlo speak! I don't think I've mentioned that yet!
@Spottedleaf125

I love the way Arlo speak! I don't think I've mentioned that yet!
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 28 29