Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Scrollhaven Lore [don't post please]
1 2 3
Here, I will compile all the pieces of my clan's lore in as much detail as I can. A lot of my lore is presented piecemeal in a few of my dragon's bios, but eventually I hope to put it all in this thread to make it more comprehensive. You're welcome to PM me with questions and comments, but please don't post!

Origins + Description

Scrollhaven was founded by Espera and Shalemme, a pair of dragons who bonded over their shared love of books. The clan has blossomed into a renowned hub of scholars, mages, and artisans. Dragons come from all across Sornieth to utilize the clan's massive library. One of the clan's most unique features is the gargantuan tree in which it is housed.

Timeline

***ATS=After the Shattering [of the World Pillar]***

3rd Moon of 789 ATS
-Shalemme is born in the Zephyr Steppes

812 ATS
-Espera is born and begins living a solitary life in an abandoned library in the northwestern tip of the Sunbeam Ruins

8th Moon of 814 ATS
-Shalemme meets Espera and the two agree to begin their own clan

815 ATS
-Scrollhaven gradually accumulates members, including their leader Glint, the bookish Hecate, and Madrigal the plant mage

3rd Moon of 816 ATS
-Rasmus visits Scrollhaven and helps Espera and Glynn to plant the Tree

816 ATS
-More dragons join Scrollhaven, such as...
-the Tree grows to be a whisker-length in diameter and as tall as the trees surrounding the chosen clearing

6th Moon of 818 ATS
-the Tree becomes large and strong enough for dragons to reside within; Rasmus begins construction

819-823 ATS
-the Tree grows to tower over the clearing
-dragons gradually move into the Tree as Rasmus prepares more living spaces and the Tree becomes strong enough to hold Scrollhaven's members

8th Moon of 824 ATS
-the Tree's capacity begins to outstrip Scrollhaven's population growth
-Espera begins housing the library within the Tree now that there is space

825 ATS
-the library is expanded
-the Atrium, Infirmary, Galley, and Hatchery begin development

827 ATS
-the Laboratory and the Workshop are created as per the growing demand of Scrollhaven's visitors and residents

---
-?
-?

Present Day-840 ATS (approximately)

Scrollhaven thrives

[still editing]
Here, I will compile all the pieces of my clan's lore in as much detail as I can. A lot of my lore is presented piecemeal in a few of my dragon's bios, but eventually I hope to put it all in this thread to make it more comprehensive. You're welcome to PM me with questions and comments, but please don't post!

Origins + Description

Scrollhaven was founded by Espera and Shalemme, a pair of dragons who bonded over their shared love of books. The clan has blossomed into a renowned hub of scholars, mages, and artisans. Dragons come from all across Sornieth to utilize the clan's massive library. One of the clan's most unique features is the gargantuan tree in which it is housed.

Timeline

***ATS=After the Shattering [of the World Pillar]***

3rd Moon of 789 ATS
-Shalemme is born in the Zephyr Steppes

812 ATS
-Espera is born and begins living a solitary life in an abandoned library in the northwestern tip of the Sunbeam Ruins

8th Moon of 814 ATS
-Shalemme meets Espera and the two agree to begin their own clan

815 ATS
-Scrollhaven gradually accumulates members, including their leader Glint, the bookish Hecate, and Madrigal the plant mage

3rd Moon of 816 ATS
-Rasmus visits Scrollhaven and helps Espera and Glynn to plant the Tree

816 ATS
-More dragons join Scrollhaven, such as...
-the Tree grows to be a whisker-length in diameter and as tall as the trees surrounding the chosen clearing

6th Moon of 818 ATS
-the Tree becomes large and strong enough for dragons to reside within; Rasmus begins construction

819-823 ATS
-the Tree grows to tower over the clearing
-dragons gradually move into the Tree as Rasmus prepares more living spaces and the Tree becomes strong enough to hold Scrollhaven's members

8th Moon of 824 ATS
-the Tree's capacity begins to outstrip Scrollhaven's population growth
-Espera begins housing the library within the Tree now that there is space

825 ATS
-the library is expanded
-the Atrium, Infirmary, Galley, and Hatchery begin development

827 ATS
-the Laboratory and the Workshop are created as per the growing demand of Scrollhaven's visitors and residents

---
-?
-?

Present Day-840 ATS (approximately)

Scrollhaven thrives

[still editing]
hu72dVR.png
[size=7]Geography[/size] [size=4] [url=http://orig12.deviantart.net/5892/f/2017/078/3/8/sornieth_v2_2_by_soenkan-db2ts15.png]accepted world map[/url] (by Llanai #64119) [/size] Scrollhaven is situated on the northwestern coast of the Lightweaver's domain, very near the Shadow border. The Tree grows some way inland, and a band of woods blocks the sea from view of even its highest branches. That forest covers a sloping tract of land, thinning out to the west and leading to a rocky beach. Farther north, it ends at the lip of a short stretch of cliffs. In the area immediately south-east of the Tree is a large garden tended by a few denizens of Scrollhaven. Beyond that lie fields of crops, which extend across a wide plain. The plain stretches around the south-east to the west of the Tree. The Tree lies down a slope from the plain, and the slope is covered in the clan's fruit trees. The plain is edged with hills to the south. [size=7]Ecosystem[/size] Scrollhaven is situated in the midst of a mixed-coniferous forest. The fauna include songbirds, owls, rodents, deer, birds or prey, foxes, and coyotes, with wolves, bears, and moose appearing more rarely. -Stranglers -Dryads -Psywurms -Podids -Toridae -Shellions [img]https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2713/4492616384_3637144d75_b.jpg[/img] [img]http://csfs.colostate.edu/media/sites/22/2014/02/EnglemannSpruce.jpg[/img] [img]http://oregonconservationstrategy.org/media/Late-Successional-Mixed-Conifer-Forest_David-Patte_USFWS-e1449604051928-750x499.jpg[/img] [img]http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/4261126.jpg[/img] [img]http://cdn3.craftsy.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/alpine_forest_dark__7887.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.stockvault.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/forest-18.jpg[/img] [img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/51/Rain_forest_along_Olympic_Coast.jpg/1200px-Rain_forest_along_Olympic_Coast.jpg[/img] [img]https://static1.squarespace.com/static/516df57ee4b027bf911700d3/527e8ed8e4b0856a29b09c73/527e8f8ae4b0856a29b0ad14/1371488355000/2%2520Fiordland%2520National%2520Park%2520New%2520Zealand.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.thedesignwall.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Luc-B-6.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/2fgcPUSR76I/maxresdefault.jpg[/img]
Geography accepted world map (by Llanai #64119)
Scrollhaven is situated on the northwestern coast of the Lightweaver's domain, very near the Shadow border. The Tree grows some way inland, and a band of woods blocks the sea from view of even its highest branches. That forest covers a sloping tract of land, thinning out to the west and leading to a rocky beach. Farther north, it ends at the lip of a short stretch of cliffs.

In the area immediately south-east of the Tree is a large garden tended by a few denizens of Scrollhaven. Beyond that lie fields of crops, which extend across a wide plain. The plain stretches around the south-east to the west of the Tree. The Tree lies down a slope from the plain, and the slope is covered in the clan's fruit trees. The plain is edged with hills to the south.

Ecosystem
Scrollhaven is situated in the midst of a mixed-coniferous forest. The fauna include songbirds, owls, rodents, deer, birds or prey, foxes, and coyotes, with wolves, bears, and moose appearing more rarely.

-Stranglers
-Dryads
-Psywurms
-Podids
-Toridae
-Shellions

4492616384_3637144d75_b.jpg

EnglemannSpruce.jpg

Late-Successional-Mixed-Conifer-Forest_David-Patte_USFWS-e1449604051928-750x499.jpg

4261126.jpg

alpine_forest_dark__7887.jpg

forest-18.jpg

1200px-Rain_forest_along_Olympic_Coast.jpg

2%2520Fiordland%2520National%2520Park%2520New%2520Zealand.jpg

Luc-B-6.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
hu72dVR.png
Roles

Leader-Glint

Council-Espera, Shalemme, Rasmus, Calen, Glint, Amity, (one more)

Captain of the Guard-Calen

Lieutenant to the Captain-Amity

Warriors-Amity, Tazri, Guava, Mango, Kifuka,

Vault Keeper-[pending]

Record Keeper-Rosario

Librarians-?

Physicians-Shalemme, Rasmus

Priestess-Lysandra

Farmers-Mango, Guava

Herders-?

Gatherers-Kunzi, Orviot, Aislynn (in a way),

Hatchery Keepers-Benin,
Roles

Leader-Glint

Council-Espera, Shalemme, Rasmus, Calen, Glint, Amity, (one more)

Captain of the Guard-Calen

Lieutenant to the Captain-Amity

Warriors-Amity, Tazri, Guava, Mango, Kifuka,

Vault Keeper-[pending]

Record Keeper-Rosario

Librarians-?

Physicians-Shalemme, Rasmus

Priestess-Lysandra

Farmers-Mango, Guava

Herders-?

Gatherers-Kunzi, Orviot, Aislynn (in a way),

Hatchery Keepers-Benin,
hu72dVR.png
Clan Philosophy
Scrollhaven focuses on providing an open, warm environment to all. Sharing resources and spreading knowledge are of the utmost importance. All dragons are to be treated with justice and dignity.

Laws of Scrollhaven
1. What we have, we have to share.
2. Guests, visitors, and residents are all to be treated with respect, dignity, and kindness.
3. The learning and research resources are available to all, but long-term guests and residents are asked to pay a tithe.
4. Those who willfully harm the property of others will be subject to an inquiry by the Council.
5. Certain crimes (e.g. murder, arson, unprovoked violence) will be punished by immediate expulsion from Scrollhaven. This is subject to the discretion of the Council.
Clan Philosophy
Scrollhaven focuses on providing an open, warm environment to all. Sharing resources and spreading knowledge are of the utmost importance. All dragons are to be treated with justice and dignity.

Laws of Scrollhaven
1. What we have, we have to share.
2. Guests, visitors, and residents are all to be treated with respect, dignity, and kindness.
3. The learning and research resources are available to all, but long-term guests and residents are asked to pay a tithe.
4. Those who willfully harm the property of others will be subject to an inquiry by the Council.
5. Certain crimes (e.g. murder, arson, unprovoked violence) will be punished by immediate expulsion from Scrollhaven. This is subject to the discretion of the Council.
hu72dVR.png
Groups

The Warriors-Amity, Kifuka, Glint, Calen,

The Mages-Kifuka, Onda, Absynthe, Diver, Enki,

The Scholars-Cosimo, Amira, Espera, Nyrie, Iudicium

The Engineers-Madrigal, Tamaki, Nikolas, Rasmus

The Crafters-Rynn, Malka, tanner,

The Artisans-Ganache, Eglantine, Pepper,

The Growers-Mango, Guava, Lychee,

The Merchants-Malka, Diver, Denarius

Clan Peshtera-Cosimo, Lychee, Denarius, Benin

Trading Troupe-Avalon, Avalon's mate, Carmesi, Mamba, Onda,
Groups

The Warriors-Amity, Kifuka, Glint, Calen,

The Mages-Kifuka, Onda, Absynthe, Diver, Enki,

The Scholars-Cosimo, Amira, Espera, Nyrie, Iudicium

The Engineers-Madrigal, Tamaki, Nikolas, Rasmus

The Crafters-Rynn, Malka, tanner,

The Artisans-Ganache, Eglantine, Pepper,

The Growers-Mango, Guava, Lychee,

The Merchants-Malka, Diver, Denarius

Clan Peshtera-Cosimo, Lychee, Denarius, Benin

Trading Troupe-Avalon, Avalon's mate, Carmesi, Mamba, Onda,
hu72dVR.png
hu72dVR.png
hu72dVR.png
hu72dVR.png
hu72dVR.png
potential lore plots:

Aislynn's Recuperation
Diver's Search
The Meeting of Espera and Shalemme
Shalemme's Escape
The Fall of Clan Peshtera
The Flight of Aquila and Antelion (and Tazri, Too) (ft. flashbacks to their life prior)
Tazri's First Days
Denarius Joins Clan Peshtera
Orviot Meets Aislynn
potential lore plots:

Aislynn's Recuperation
Diver's Search
The Meeting of Espera and Shalemme
Shalemme's Escape
The Fall of Clan Peshtera
The Flight of Aquila and Antelion (and Tazri, Too) (ft. flashbacks to their life prior)
Tazri's First Days
Denarius Joins Clan Peshtera
Orviot Meets Aislynn
hu72dVR.png
1 2 3