Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [LORE] Tribulation
1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
[center] [img]http://i.imgur.com/Ue34vuS.png[/img][font=Monotype Corsiva][size=7][color=#2a164f]Chapter One Hundred Seventy-Nine[/size][/color][/font] --- [font=Palatino Linotype][size=4] Benji nervously knocked on the library doors, and entered a few moments later. “Uh, D-Dad wanted me to come get you t-two. We're going on a picnic, a-and afterwards we’re getting a family p-portrait done,” he nervously squeaked, and both Lyon and Lan looked up from their books and gave him a quizzical expression. “H-He said it was mandatory a-attendance,” Benji said after a moment, and Lyon nodded. “You know how particular Adrian is, we should hurry,” he said, and Lan nodded. The three made their way to the main foyer, where most of the house was already waiting for them. Faron, Eldin, and Adrian each were holding large baskets. “Oh good! I was worried Benji wasn't going to be able to pry you two from your books,” Faron said with a lighthearted chuckle when he noticed they had arrived. “That's everyone then! C’mon, I'm hungry! Let's go already, yeah?” Eldin said in his usual cheer, and the rest of the family nodded in agreement. They walked into a forest clearing that Faron had made sure was safe earlier that morning, and unsurprisingly Adrian had the “tables” set in no time. The cleaning was soon buzzing with laughter and chatter, and even Lan was in a good mood for once. Faron was smiling, and for once in his life he seemed to be relaxed. Carmilla and Benji were among the first to finish their meal, and had taken to a play wrestling match. Adrian frowned as he turned toward Lan. “Are you able to clean them up afterwards? I refuse to have them looking so ragged in the portrait!” he said, and Lan raised an eyebrow at him. “I thought you hated when I clean?” he asked, and Adrian crossed his arms. “You do a subpar job at dusting, and I hardly see the point in going behind you and recleaning! However, you know that is not what I meant!” Adrian snapped, and Lan looked amused. “Yeah, yeah. I'm sure I can do something. By the way, when [i]are[/i] we supposed to pose for that?” Lan asked, and Adrian frowned as he pulled out his pocket watch. He looked at it for a moment before his eyes all but popped out of his chest. “Oh dear Gods! We are [i]late![/i]” he said as he closed the pocket watch with a snap and jumped up from the cloth he was sitting on. “Everyone, quickly now! We must be going!” He cried as he quickly began gathering up the picnic supplies. The rest of the family followed his lead, and soon they were all but running back to the mansion. A painter was standing on the porch, and looked to be annoyed. “I...Am...Dreadfully sorry...Sir!” Adrian huffed as he struggled to catch his breath. The artist on the porch turned around and looked at the family with shock. “I'm drawing a bunch of [i]monsters?![/i]” he cried and Adrian chuckled. “I am quite sure you have drawn many monsters in your day, sir. You did advertise that you primarily paint nobility and politicians, after all. Now then, shall I show you to the parlor?” Adrian said with a slight smile as he unlocked the front doors. [img]http://i.imgur.com/gAjBEgR.png[/img] [sub][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2095163/38#post_29344058][img]http://i.imgur.com/Z7TDQEm.png[/img][/url] [img]http://i.imgur.com/t2H7r4v.png[/img] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2095163/39#post_29345737][img]http://i.imgur.com/JIV4dlU.png[/img][/url] [img]http://i.imgur.com/69MIHaA.png[/img]
Ue34vuS.pngChapter One Hundred Seventy-Nine
---

Benji nervously knocked on the library doors, and entered a few moments later. “Uh, D-Dad wanted me to come get you t-two. We're going on a picnic, a-and afterwards we’re getting a family p-portrait done,” he nervously squeaked, and both Lyon and Lan looked up from their books and gave him a quizzical expression. “H-He said it was mandatory a-attendance,” Benji said after a moment, and Lyon nodded. “You know how particular Adrian is, we should hurry,” he said, and Lan nodded.

The three made their way to the main foyer, where most of the house was already waiting for them. Faron, Eldin, and Adrian each were holding large baskets. “Oh good! I was worried Benji wasn't going to be able to pry you two from your books,” Faron said with a lighthearted chuckle when he noticed they had arrived. “That's everyone then! C’mon, I'm hungry! Let's go already, yeah?” Eldin said in his usual cheer, and the rest of the family nodded in agreement.

They walked into a forest clearing that Faron had made sure was safe earlier that morning, and unsurprisingly Adrian had the “tables” set in no time. The cleaning was soon buzzing with laughter and chatter, and even Lan was in a good mood for once. Faron was smiling, and for once in his life he seemed to be relaxed. Carmilla and Benji were among the first to finish their meal, and had taken to a play wrestling match.

Adrian frowned as he turned toward Lan. “Are you able to clean them up afterwards? I refuse to have them looking so ragged in the portrait!” he said, and Lan raised an eyebrow at him. “I thought you hated when I clean?” he asked, and Adrian crossed his arms. “You do a subpar job at dusting, and I hardly see the point in going behind you and recleaning! However, you know that is not what I meant!” Adrian snapped, and Lan looked amused.

“Yeah, yeah. I'm sure I can do something. By the way, when are we supposed to pose for that?” Lan asked, and Adrian frowned as he pulled out his pocket watch. He looked at it for a moment before his eyes all but popped out of his chest. “Oh dear Gods! We are late!” he said as he closed the pocket watch with a snap and jumped up from the cloth he was sitting on. “Everyone, quickly now! We must be going!” He cried as he quickly began gathering up the picnic supplies.

The rest of the family followed his lead, and soon they were all but running back to the mansion. A painter was standing on the porch, and looked to be annoyed. “I...Am...Dreadfully sorry...Sir!” Adrian huffed as he struggled to catch his breath. The artist on the porch turned around and looked at the family with shock. “I'm drawing a bunch of monsters?!” he cried and Adrian chuckled. “I am quite sure you have drawn many monsters in your day, sir. You did advertise that you primarily paint nobility and politicians, after all. Now then, shall I show you to the parlor?” Adrian said with a slight smile as he unlocked the front doors.

gAjBEgR.png
Z7TDQEm.png t2H7r4v.png JIV4dlU.png
69MIHaA.png
@metroid can you remove me from the pinglist? Thanks ^^
@metroid can you remove me from the pinglist? Thanks ^^
unknown.png
[center] [img]http://i.imgur.com/Ue34vuS.png[/img][font=Monotype Corsiva][size=7][color=#2a164f]Chapter One Hundred Eighty[/size][/color][/font] --- [font=Palatino Linotype][size=4] Faron took a deep breath and closed his eyes for a moment as he unlocked the front doors. “Oh, welcome home. I assume the village market had what you were searching for?” Adrian said, causing Faron to jump slightly. “O-Oh! Yes, they did, thank you,” Faron said nervously, and Adrian raised an eyebrow at him. “...Are you quite alright? You seem more anxious than usual,” Adrian asked with concern, and Faron quickly nodded. “What? No, I'm fine, if not a bit tired. I'm going to set up this new armor stand now, I’ll see you in a bit,” Faron said as he took off in a faster than usual pace. “[I]Gods, that was close! I can't have him finding out just yet![/i]” Faron thought as he hurried to his room. He'd just gotten the stand set up when there was a knock at his door. Faron panicked and grabbed the smaller bundle on his desk and slid it into his breastplate. Taking a deep breath, he opened the door, only to jump a little. “E-Eldin! What a surprise!” Faron exclaimed nervously, and Eldin raised an eyebrow at him. “Adrian said you were actin’ all weird, n’ I see he wasn't kidding!” Eldin said, and Faron frowned. “I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about!” Faron exclaimed, and Eldin shook his head. “Do I need ta get Lan in here?” he asked dryly, and Faron sighed. “Okay, fine. Would you have Adrian wait with you in the foyer for me?” Faron asked, and Eldin shrugged. “Whatever ya want,” he said as he left the room, much to Faron's relief. Faron changed out of his armor ,and into his nicest clothes. He anxiously grabbed the small package he hid in his breastplate and stuck it in his pocket. Forgetting how to breathe, he headed downstairs, where a concerned Eldin and Adrian were waiting. “Would you two join me for a walk?” Faron asked nervously, and his partners agreed. “Really now, what is this all about?” Adrian asked as they stepped outside, and Faron's heart skipped a beat. “I, uh, found a place in the forest I wanted to show you, it's quite beautiful,” he said nervously, and Adrian and Eldin exchanged a glance as they headed into the forest. After a short trek they arrived to a serene clearing. There was a small, still pool that reflected the crescent moon hanging in the night sky, and flower petals were floating on its surface. Candles gently illuminated the cleaning, and both Eldin and Adrian gasped when they saw the decor. Faron turned and faced his partners, and after a moment he started to speak. “I never thought that my life would end up like this, but I am so glad that it did. As much as the past haunts me, if those things never happened I’d never would have met either of you,” he said, his voice cracking slightly. Faron paused to take a deep breath, and after a moment he was ready to speak once again. “You're both the loves of my life, and I can't imagine an existence without either of you. Nothing would make me happier than if we could wed… And so,” Faron said, as he pulled out the box from his pocket and opened to reveal two rings. “...Would you marry me?” Faron asked, and both Eldin and Adrian started to cry. “I’ve been dreamin’ of this day my whole life, just about! Yes! Yes!” he cried as he threw himself around Faron, who now was also in tears. “I never thought I would ever marry another, but I love you dearly, and I think I am ready to finally move forward with my life. Yes, I am delighted to be your husband!” Adrian said between sobs, and with a smile Faron slipped the engagement rings onto his partners. For once in Faron’s life, he was truly happy, and was at peace. [img]http://i.imgur.com/gAjBEgR.png[/img] [sub][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2095163/39#post_29345062][img]http://i.imgur.com/Z7TDQEm.png[/img][/url] [img]http://i.imgur.com/t2H7r4v.png[/img] [color=transparent]<[/color] [img]http://i.imgur.com/69MIHaA.png[/img]
Ue34vuS.pngChapter One Hundred Eighty
---

Faron took a deep breath and closed his eyes for a moment as he unlocked the front doors. “Oh, welcome home. I assume the village market had what you were searching for?” Adrian said, causing Faron to jump slightly. “O-Oh! Yes, they did, thank you,” Faron said nervously, and Adrian raised an eyebrow at him. “...Are you quite alright? You seem more anxious than usual,” Adrian asked with concern, and Faron quickly nodded.

“What? No, I'm fine, if not a bit tired. I'm going to set up this new armor stand now, I’ll see you in a bit,” Faron said as he took off in a faster than usual pace. “Gods, that was close! I can't have him finding out just yet!” Faron thought as he hurried to his room. He'd just gotten the stand set up when there was a knock at his door. Faron panicked and grabbed the smaller bundle on his desk and slid it into his breastplate. Taking a deep breath, he opened the door, only to jump a little.

“E-Eldin! What a surprise!” Faron exclaimed nervously, and Eldin raised an eyebrow at him. “Adrian said you were actin’ all weird, n’ I see he wasn't kidding!” Eldin said, and Faron frowned. “I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about!” Faron exclaimed, and Eldin shook his head. “Do I need ta get Lan in here?” he asked dryly, and Faron sighed. “Okay, fine. Would you have Adrian wait with you in the foyer for me?” Faron asked, and Eldin shrugged. “Whatever ya want,” he said as he left the room, much to Faron's relief.

Faron changed out of his armor ,and into his nicest clothes. He anxiously grabbed the small package he hid in his breastplate and stuck it in his pocket. Forgetting how to breathe, he headed downstairs, where a concerned Eldin and Adrian were waiting. “Would you two join me for a walk?” Faron asked nervously, and his partners agreed. “Really now, what is this all about?” Adrian asked as they stepped outside, and Faron's heart skipped a beat.

“I, uh, found a place in the forest I wanted to show you, it's quite beautiful,” he said nervously, and Adrian and Eldin exchanged a glance as they headed into the forest. After a short trek they arrived to a serene clearing. There was a small, still pool that reflected the crescent moon hanging in the night sky, and flower petals were floating on its surface. Candles gently illuminated the cleaning, and both Eldin and Adrian gasped when they saw the decor.

Faron turned and faced his partners, and after a moment he started to speak. “I never thought that my life would end up like this, but I am so glad that it did. As much as the past haunts me, if those things never happened I’d never would have met either of you,” he said, his voice cracking slightly. Faron paused to take a deep breath, and after a moment he was ready to speak once again.

“You're both the loves of my life, and I can't imagine an existence without either of you. Nothing would make me happier than if we could wed… And so,” Faron said, as he pulled out the box from his pocket and opened to reveal two rings. “...Would you marry me?” Faron asked, and both Eldin and Adrian started to cry. “I’ve been dreamin’ of this day my whole life, just about! Yes! Yes!” he cried as he threw himself around Faron, who now was also in tears.

“I never thought I would ever marry another, but I love you dearly, and I think I am ready to finally move forward with my life. Yes, I am delighted to be your husband!” Adrian said between sobs, and with a smile Faron slipped the engagement rings onto his partners. For once in Faron’s life, he was truly happy, and was at peace.

gAjBEgR.png
Z7TDQEm.png t2H7r4v.png <
69MIHaA.png
@fricklefrack ,@Skyeset , @mymozya, @EternalEquinox13, @pollen, @SybilRamkin, @pasteriials, @patchedprankster, @kavryn, @ashnick, @dragonofyang, @tahwarts,@Chuuya, @luckgandor , @Andvari, @jetfeather, @CELESTlAL, @UserOfShadows, @sinstarinablak, @chicanery,@darkmoonbreeder,@Pyrouge,@Rutile,@witchsona, @queenlunarose, @clarax
---

And with that, Tribulation is officially done. Thank you all so much for sticking with me until the end! I've worked on this for a little over a year now, and it's such a strange feeling to say that yes, I’m done now. I sincerely hope it was as enjoyable to you as it was for me!

You will get one final ping from me (hopefully) in a few weeks time. I am planning another tale, and I hope that you’ll come along with me on that journey as well.

@fricklefrack ,@Skyeset , @mymozya, @EternalEquinox13, @pollen, @SybilRamkin, @pasteriials, @patchedprankster, @kavryn, @ashnick, @dragonofyang, @tahwarts,@Chuuya, @luckgandor , @Andvari, @jetfeather, @CELESTlAL, @UserOfShadows, @sinstarinablak, @chicanery,@darkmoonbreeder,@Pyrouge,@Rutile,@witchsona, @queenlunarose, @clarax
---

And with that, Tribulation is officially done. Thank you all so much for sticking with me until the end! I've worked on this for a little over a year now, and it's such a strange feeling to say that yes, I’m done now. I sincerely hope it was as enjoyable to you as it was for me!

You will get one final ping from me (hopefully) in a few weeks time. I am planning another tale, and I hope that you’ll come along with me on that journey as well.

@Metroid

Omg I am in tears, that ending was simply beautiful!
@Metroid

Omg I am in tears, that ending was simply beautiful!
OfF9Gci.gif 4JU8r97.gif_________________________59TgHaL.png
MET THIS WAS SUCH A GREAT STORY W/ GREAT CHARACTERS!!! IM LIVING!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
MET THIS WAS SUCH A GREAT STORY W/ GREAT CHARACTERS!!! IM LIVING!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
@queenlunarose, @Andvari

Thank you so much for your kind words and support!
@queenlunarose, @Andvari

Thank you so much for your kind words and support!
@Metroid

Bless you, bless this story, bless the dragons for making me laugh and cry throughout the past year of my life, and may Shadowbinder keep a careful watch over them (and you) all.
@Metroid

Bless you, bless this story, bless the dragons for making me laugh and cry throughout the past year of my life, and may Shadowbinder keep a careful watch over them (and you) all.
h8ppV79.pngPG7Fgon.png
@Metroid
Hope u don't mind but I've been following this since the beginning and it was great!
@Metroid
Hope u don't mind but I've been following this since the beginning and it was great!
OC9E4r3.png
@UserOfShadows
Thank you <3

@Sunsong43

Not at all, I'm glad you enjoyed!
@UserOfShadows
Thank you <3

@Sunsong43

Not at all, I'm glad you enjoyed!
1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40