Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [LORE] Tribulation
1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 39 40
@fricklefrack ,@Skyeset , @mymozya, @EternalEquinox13, @pollen, @Deathwolf555, @SybilRamkin, @pasteriials, @patchedprankster, @kavryn, @ashnick, @dragonofyang, @tahwarts,@Chuuya, @luckgandor , @Andvari ,@hidd3nstare, @jetfeather, @CELESTlAL, @UserOfShadows, @sinstarinablak, @chicanery,@darkmoonbreeder,@Pyrouge,@dreamslayer

---

Looks like it was a coding issue on my end, so I'm not going to rewrite any of my lore. Instead going forward I'm going to try to put out lengthier chapters than I have been.
@fricklefrack ,@Skyeset , @mymozya, @EternalEquinox13, @pollen, @Deathwolf555, @SybilRamkin, @pasteriials, @patchedprankster, @kavryn, @ashnick, @dragonofyang, @tahwarts,@Chuuya, @luckgandor , @Andvari ,@hidd3nstare, @jetfeather, @CELESTlAL, @UserOfShadows, @sinstarinablak, @chicanery,@darkmoonbreeder,@Pyrouge,@dreamslayer

---

Looks like it was a coding issue on my end, so I'm not going to rewrite any of my lore. Instead going forward I'm going to try to put out lengthier chapters than I have been.
[center] [img]http://i.imgur.com/Ue34vuS.png[/img][font=Monotype Corsiva][size=7][color=#2a164f]Chapter One Hundred Fifteen[/size][/color][/font] --- [font=Palatino Linotype][size=4] “The tea is as excellent as it always is, thank you,” Faron said politely as he took a sip from the cup. “You don’t need to thank me, it is a part of my job, after all,” Adrian said with a hard to read facial expression. Faron looked up at his butler with an raised eyebrow, but didn’t say anything, instead opting to drink more of his tea. “I daresay you look more troubled than you normally do,” Adrian said with concern as he noticed his master was just staring at his teacup with a frown. Faron sat his cup down on the saucer with a sigh. “I know I should be happy that my son’s found such a good friend in Lyon, but… I can’t help but worry about it,” the knight said with a frown as he looked back over at Adrian. “I mean, Lan trusts him, and that should be good enough for me, but what if Lyon is just faking it to hurt him?! Or- “ Faron continued to say with increased worry but was interrupted by Adrian clearing his throat. “Forgive me for interrupting, but if you don’t mind me saying; I feel like you are giving into paranoia. As you said, your son trusts him, and if Lyon en-” the butler started to say, before getting cut off by a loud banging noise coming from the library. “Oh dear,” he muttered as Faron all but ran out of the living room. Another loud bang echoed throughout the halls, and Faron made his way to the library as fast as he possibly could. Faron threw open the doors to the library and ran inside. “What’s going on in here?!” he shouted as his eyes scanned the room. Books were scattered everywhere, and a few shelves and tables were toppled over. Lyon was on the floor, and was looking rather winded. Lan was standing triumphantly a few feet away, wearing a grin that sent chills down Faron’s spine. That look was one he knew all too well, and he prayed that his son was still sane. The moment Faron yelled, the grin disappeared off of Lan’s face and was replaced by an apologetic look. “Lyon’s been teaching me how to control my magic ,and we were sparring,” Lan said timidly as he anxiously looked at his father’s disapproving face. Faron shook his head and sighed. “Look at the mess you’ve made! This is why we spar [i]outside[/i]! Get this cleaned up before Adrian sees that you’ve trashed the library... [i]again[/i],” the knight said exasperatedly as he walked over to Lyon and helped the coatl to his feet. “Are you alright?” Faron asked him gently, and Lyon nodded. Lan had snapped his fingers and fixed the damage done to the library by time Lyon was back on his feet. “I’m not mad at you, Lan, you know. I don’t care if you two spar, so long as you’re not in the house, and you’re not overdoing it,” Faron said as he gave his son a somewhat stern look. “Alright you two, I’m not going to keep you from your duel any longer,” he continued more gently. The pair of mages didn’t need to be told twice, and quickly made their way out of the library. “Oh, Lyon, could I have a word? I promise it’ll be quick,” Faron called out, and Lyon returned to the library with a smile on his face. “Yes! Of course,” the coatl said politely. “Look, I’m glad you’ve been helping Lan with his magic, but please be careful with him. His mental state...well, Gods how do I put this…? Please don’t upset him if you know what’s good for you, I’d hate for you to get hurt, or worse...“ Faron said darkly, and Lyon frowned. “I consider him more of a brother than my blood siblings, I would trust him with my life!” Lyon said, sounding upset. “He is my son ,and I love him more than anything else, but even I can’t deny how dangerous he can be!” Faron said with a scowl, and Lyon bit his lip. “Was that all you wished to say to me?” the mage said, trying his best not to let his anger seep through to his voice. “Yes, I’ve kept you from your duel long enough, I think.” [img]http://i.imgur.com/gAjBEgR.png[/img] [sub][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2095163/29#post_27495529][img]http://i.imgur.com/Z7TDQEm.png[/img][/url] [img]http://i.imgur.com/t2H7r4v.png[/img] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2095163/30#post_27577655][img]http://i.imgur.com/JIV4dlU.png[/img][/url] [img]http://i.imgur.com/69MIHaA.png[/img]
Ue34vuS.pngChapter One Hundred Fifteen
---

“The tea is as excellent as it always is, thank you,” Faron said politely as he took a sip from the cup. “You don’t need to thank me, it is a part of my job, after all,” Adrian said with a hard to read facial expression. Faron looked up at his butler with an raised eyebrow, but didn’t say anything, instead opting to drink more of his tea. “I daresay you look more troubled than you normally do,” Adrian said with concern as he noticed his master was just staring at his teacup with a frown.

Faron sat his cup down on the saucer with a sigh. “I know I should be happy that my son’s found such a good friend in Lyon, but… I can’t help but worry about it,” the knight said with a frown as he looked back over at Adrian. “I mean, Lan trusts him, and that should be good enough for me, but what if Lyon is just faking it to hurt him?! Or- “ Faron continued to say with increased worry but was interrupted by Adrian clearing his throat.

“Forgive me for interrupting, but if you don’t mind me saying; I feel like you are giving into paranoia. As you said, your son trusts him, and if Lyon en-” the butler started to say, before getting cut off by a loud banging noise coming from the library. “Oh dear,” he muttered as Faron all but ran out of the living room. Another loud bang echoed throughout the halls, and Faron made his way to the library as fast as he possibly could.

Faron threw open the doors to the library and ran inside. “What’s going on in here?!” he shouted as his eyes scanned the room. Books were scattered everywhere, and a few shelves and tables were toppled over. Lyon was on the floor, and was looking rather winded. Lan was standing triumphantly a few feet away, wearing a grin that sent chills down Faron’s spine. That look was one he knew all too well, and he prayed that his son was still sane.

The moment Faron yelled, the grin disappeared off of Lan’s face and was replaced by an apologetic look. “Lyon’s been teaching me how to control my magic ,and we were sparring,” Lan said timidly as he anxiously looked at his father’s disapproving face. Faron shook his head and sighed. “Look at the mess you’ve made! This is why we spar outside! Get this cleaned up before Adrian sees that you’ve trashed the library... again,” the knight said exasperatedly as he walked over to Lyon and helped the coatl to his feet.

“Are you alright?” Faron asked him gently, and Lyon nodded. Lan had snapped his fingers and fixed the damage done to the library by time Lyon was back on his feet. “I’m not mad at you, Lan, you know. I don’t care if you two spar, so long as you’re not in the house, and you’re not overdoing it,” Faron said as he gave his son a somewhat stern look. “Alright you two, I’m not going to keep you from your duel any longer,” he continued more gently. The pair of mages didn’t need to be told twice, and quickly made their way out of the library.

“Oh, Lyon, could I have a word? I promise it’ll be quick,” Faron called out, and Lyon returned to the library with a smile on his face. “Yes! Of course,” the coatl said politely. “Look, I’m glad you’ve been helping Lan with his magic, but please be careful with him. His mental state...well, Gods how do I put this…? Please don’t upset him if you know what’s good for you, I’d hate for you to get hurt, or worse...“ Faron said darkly, and Lyon frowned.

“I consider him more of a brother than my blood siblings, I would trust him with my life!” Lyon said, sounding upset. “He is my son ,and I love him more than anything else, but even I can’t deny how dangerous he can be!” Faron said with a scowl, and Lyon bit his lip. “Was that all you wished to say to me?” the mage said, trying his best not to let his anger seep through to his voice. “Yes, I’ve kept you from your duel long enough, I think.”

gAjBEgR.png
Z7TDQEm.png t2H7r4v.png JIV4dlU.png
69MIHaA.png
[center] [img]http://i.imgur.com/Ue34vuS.png[/img][font=Monotype Corsiva][size=7][color=#2a164f]Chapter One Hundred Sixteen[/size][/color][/font] --- [font=Palatino Linotype][size=4] Lan waited outside patiently for Lyon to join him. “[i]I wonder what Father wanted with him?[/i]” he thought as he watched the gentle breeze move through the nearby forest. It was peaceful, but Lan couldn’t help but remember the last time he ventured into the woods. He frowned as he thought about Sabin. If he’d done something differently, would the doctor have stayed buried? Lan looked down at what was left of his limbs and sighed. Suddenly, a very angry force was fast approaching Lan, ripping him out of his thoughts. He jumped up and spun around to see Lyon, who was wearing an uncharacteristic frown. “Lyon? What happened?” Lan said with a frown, and Lyon crossed his arms and looked away from his friend. “Lan…Oh, it was nothing, really. Now, why don’t we pick up where we left off?” the coatl said, trying to smile. “[i]Don’t[/i] try and lie to me!” Lan snapped, and Lyon flinched and turned back away. Now Lan felt not only anger, but now fear and disbelief coming off of Lyon. “...I’m sorry,” Lan muttered as he tried not to focus on his friend’s emotions. A few moments passed by with only the sounds of the forest breaking the silence that fell between the two friends. Lyon sighed and looked back at Lan with a frown and tired eyes. “...He told me that you were dangerous ,and that I should be careful around you,” Lyon said, his voice so low it might as well have been a whisper. Lan narrowed his eyes and huffed. “[i]Did he now!?[/i]” he hissed with a cold fire that made Lyon flinch. “What happened wasn’t my fault, and he knows that!” Lan spat, and Lyon looked at him with alarm. The skydancer stood in the yard, seething with anger for several minutes before taking a deep breath. “You deserve to know the truth, if you care to hear it,” Lan eventually said, and Lyon nodded with fearful eyes. “To make a long story short, the doctor we found to help Mari manipulated everyone, but he twisted me more than anyone else. He drugged me, and it increased my magical prowess tenfold, it also made me very angry ,and unstable… At the same time, I found that my father, that I idolized above anything else, had been lying to me,” Lan said with a scowl, and Lyon looked on with sympathetic eyes. “ I… don’t remember what happened very clearly. Everything was simply too much for me to handle, and the combination of all that made me lose my mind. Eventually the drug had loosened its grip on me, but by that point I found myself bound to shackles,” Lan continued with pain in his eyes, and Lyon frowned. “Why did they lock you up? That sounds rather cruel!” the coatl cried out, and Lan shook his head and gave a sad smile. “No, I deserved it. You know that my father wasn’t born a wildclaw, yes? In my madness I attempted to kill him in cold blood, but somehow he just… [i]changed[/i]... instead of died as I anticipated. I tried to kill Mari as well, but I was stopped before I had the chance to do any harm,” Lan said bitterly before turning to face his friend. “I can feel your fear, and I can’t blame you for that. I understand if you want nothing to do with me after hearing that, but I promise you that I wouldn’t have done [i]any[/i] of that were it not for that damned doctor!” Lyon shook his head. “I would trust you with my life, your past does not change that,” he said solemnly, and Lan looked relieved. “Let’s finish the fight, I want to put what you taught me to the test… I’ll talk to Father about this later,” Lan said, and Lyon looked at him with concern. “Are you sure you don’t want to talk to him now?” he asked kindly, and Lan shook his head. “No, I think blowing off some steam first would be wise. I hope you don’t plan to go easy on me!” Lan said as he prepared himself for the duel, and Lyon laughed. “You [i]wish[/i] I wouldn’t give anything less than my best!” [img]http://i.imgur.com/gAjBEgR.png[/img] [sub][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2095163/30#post_27575692][img]http://i.imgur.com/Z7TDQEm.png[/img][/url] [img]http://i.imgur.com/t2H7r4v.png[/img] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2095163/30#post_27639813][img]http://i.imgur.com/JIV4dlU.png[/img][/url] [img]http://i.imgur.com/69MIHaA.png[/img]
Ue34vuS.pngChapter One Hundred Sixteen
---

Lan waited outside patiently for Lyon to join him. “I wonder what Father wanted with him?” he thought as he watched the gentle breeze move through the nearby forest. It was peaceful, but Lan couldn’t help but remember the last time he ventured into the woods. He frowned as he thought about Sabin. If he’d done something differently, would the doctor have stayed buried? Lan looked down at what was left of his limbs and sighed.

Suddenly, a very angry force was fast approaching Lan, ripping him out of his thoughts. He jumped up and spun around to see Lyon, who was wearing an uncharacteristic frown. “Lyon? What happened?” Lan said with a frown, and Lyon crossed his arms and looked away from his friend. “Lan…Oh, it was nothing, really. Now, why don’t we pick up where we left off?” the coatl said, trying to smile.

Don’t try and lie to me!” Lan snapped, and Lyon flinched and turned back away. Now Lan felt not only anger, but now fear and disbelief coming off of Lyon. “...I’m sorry,” Lan muttered as he tried not to focus on his friend’s emotions. A few moments passed by with only the sounds of the forest breaking the silence that fell between the two friends. Lyon sighed and looked back at Lan with a frown and tired eyes.

“...He told me that you were dangerous ,and that I should be careful around you,” Lyon said, his voice so low it might as well have been a whisper. Lan narrowed his eyes and huffed. “Did he now!?” he hissed with a cold fire that made Lyon flinch. “What happened wasn’t my fault, and he knows that!” Lan spat, and Lyon looked at him with alarm. The skydancer stood in the yard, seething with anger for several minutes before taking a deep breath.

“You deserve to know the truth, if you care to hear it,” Lan eventually said, and Lyon nodded with fearful eyes. “To make a long story short, the doctor we found to help Mari manipulated everyone, but he twisted me more than anyone else. He drugged me, and it increased my magical prowess tenfold, it also made me very angry ,and unstable… At the same time, I found that my father, that I idolized above anything else, had been lying to me,” Lan said with a scowl, and Lyon looked on with sympathetic eyes.

“ I… don’t remember what happened very clearly. Everything was simply too much for me to handle, and the combination of all that made me lose my mind. Eventually the drug had loosened its grip on me, but by that point I found myself bound to shackles,” Lan continued with pain in his eyes, and Lyon frowned. “Why did they lock you up? That sounds rather cruel!” the coatl cried out, and Lan shook his head and gave a sad smile.

“No, I deserved it. You know that my father wasn’t born a wildclaw, yes? In my madness I attempted to kill him in cold blood, but somehow he just… changed... instead of died as I anticipated. I tried to kill Mari as well, but I was stopped before I had the chance to do any harm,” Lan said bitterly before turning to face his friend. “I can feel your fear, and I can’t blame you for that. I understand if you want nothing to do with me after hearing that, but I promise you that I wouldn’t have done any of that were it not for that damned doctor!”

Lyon shook his head. “I would trust you with my life, your past does not change that,” he said solemnly, and Lan looked relieved. “Let’s finish the fight, I want to put what you taught me to the test… I’ll talk to Father about this later,” Lan said, and Lyon looked at him with concern. “Are you sure you don’t want to talk to him now?” he asked kindly, and Lan shook his head. “No, I think blowing off some steam first would be wise. I hope you don’t plan to go easy on me!” Lan said as he prepared himself for the duel, and Lyon laughed. “You wish I wouldn’t give anything less than my best!”
gAjBEgR.png
69MIHaA.png

[center] [img]http://i.imgur.com/Ue34vuS.png[/img][font=Monotype Corsiva][size=7][color=#2a164f]Chapter One Hundred Seventeen[/size][/color][/font] --- [font=Palatino Linotype][size=4] Faron ate his dinner with a twinge of guilt. He didn’t need to be an empath to know that his son was mad at him, the glare was more than enough. The knight thought about saying something, but decided against it as he quietly ate his meal. He sighed as he pardoned himself from the table, and Eldin quickly followed suit. Faron had started up the staircase when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He looked over and saw Eldin wearing an unusually serious facial expression, and Faron sighed once more. “I called for ya a few times, but you were too lost in thought again, yeah?” Eldin said with concern, and Faron nodded. “He’s mad at me again... Am I a bad father?” Faron said quietly as he was unable to meet the skydancer’s worried eyes. “If I’m honest...? You don’t really talk with ‘em, ya know?” Eldin said in an equally quiet manner, and Faron swore under his breath. “..I...You’re right. Do you think it’s too late to make things right?” Faron said with his voice cracking after a few moments. “Nah, it’s worth a shot,” Eldin said reassuringly as he drew closer to Faron and wrapped his arms around the tired knight. Faron lingered in the embrace for a moment’s time before breaking away with a sigh. “...I need to talk to him,” Faron said quietly as he turned back around ,and made his way back towards the dining room. He hesitated outside of the closed doors, thinking about how to best handle the situation. The doors opened after some time ,and snapped Faron out of his troubled thoughts. Lan and Lyon walked out of the dining room side by side with smiles on their faces and laughter escaping their lips. The joy quickly vanished when Lan noticed his father standing nearby. “Can we talk?” Faron asked in his usual serious and melancholy manner, and Lan gave Lyon an apologetic look as he walked over to his father. Lan didn’t say anything as he gave Faron a cold glare, making it very clear he was less than pleased with the knight. “I know we, uh, haven’t had the best relationship, and I wanted to try and fix that,” Faron said, sounding embarrassed with himself. A few moments passed in uncomfortable silence. “And? What do you propose to do?” Lan said coldly as he continued to glare at his father. “We could talk, maybe?” Faron suggested, but it came off sounding more like a question than anything else. “Fine,” Lan said as icy as ever as he crossed what was left of his arms ,and waited for his father to speak. Faron furrowed his brow as he thought about what to say. “Why don’t we sit down somewhere?” Faron suggested, still sounding incredibly awkward and nervous. “If you want,” Lan said, and Faron looked a bit relieved. The pair made their way to the living room, and after a moment Faron cleared his throat. “We might as well get this out of the way first. You’re upset with me right? Tell me why,” the knight said, and his son rolled his eyes. “I can’t [i]imagine[/i] why I would be upset with you telling Lyon what you did!” Lan hissed, and Faron flinched. “I should have handled that differently, I’m sorry,” he said apologetically, and Lan huffed. “Even before I became an empath, it was [i]abundantly[/i] clear that you’ve been scared of me since I was a hatchling!” Lan spat with cold fire in his eyes, and Faron hung his head low in shame. “How do you think it feels!? My own [i]father[/i], the one I look up to the most, terrified of me over things out of my control! You only talk to me if I’ve done something wrong!” Lan yelled before breaking down into tears. [img]http://i.imgur.com/gAjBEgR.png[/img] [sub][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2095163/30#post_27577655][img]http://i.imgur.com/Z7TDQEm.png[/img][/url] [img]http://i.imgur.com/t2H7r4v.png[/img] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2095163/30#post_27674192][img]http://i.imgur.com/JIV4dlU.png[/img][/url] [img]http://i.imgur.com/69MIHaA.png[/img]
Ue34vuS.pngChapter One Hundred Seventeen
---

Faron ate his dinner with a twinge of guilt. He didn’t need to be an empath to know that his son was mad at him, the glare was more than enough. The knight thought about saying something, but decided against it as he quietly ate his meal. He sighed as he pardoned himself from the table, and Eldin quickly followed suit.

Faron had started up the staircase when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He looked over and saw Eldin wearing an unusually serious facial expression, and Faron sighed once more. “I called for ya a few times, but you were too lost in thought again, yeah?” Eldin said with concern, and Faron nodded. “He’s mad at me again... Am I a bad father?” Faron said quietly as he was unable to meet the skydancer’s worried eyes.

“If I’m honest...? You don’t really talk with ‘em, ya know?” Eldin said in an equally quiet manner, and Faron swore under his breath. “..I...You’re right. Do you think it’s too late to make things right?” Faron said with his voice cracking after a few moments. “Nah, it’s worth a shot,” Eldin said reassuringly as he drew closer to Faron and wrapped his arms around the tired knight. Faron lingered in the embrace for a moment’s time before breaking away with a sigh.

“...I need to talk to him,” Faron said quietly as he turned back around ,and made his way back towards the dining room. He hesitated outside of the closed doors, thinking about how to best handle the situation. The doors opened after some time ,and snapped Faron out of his troubled thoughts. Lan and Lyon walked out of the dining room side by side with smiles on their faces and laughter escaping their lips.

The joy quickly vanished when Lan noticed his father standing nearby. “Can we talk?” Faron asked in his usual serious and melancholy manner, and Lan gave Lyon an apologetic look as he walked over to his father. Lan didn’t say anything as he gave Faron a cold glare, making it very clear he was less than pleased with the knight. “I know we, uh, haven’t had the best relationship, and I wanted to try and fix that,” Faron said, sounding embarrassed with himself.

A few moments passed in uncomfortable silence. “And? What do you propose to do?” Lan said coldly as he continued to glare at his father. “We could talk, maybe?” Faron suggested, but it came off sounding more like a question than anything else. “Fine,” Lan said as icy as ever as he crossed what was left of his arms ,and waited for his father to speak. Faron furrowed his brow as he thought about what to say.

“Why don’t we sit down somewhere?” Faron suggested, still sounding incredibly awkward and nervous. “If you want,” Lan said, and Faron looked a bit relieved. The pair made their way to the living room, and after a moment Faron cleared his throat. “We might as well get this out of the way first. You’re upset with me right? Tell me why,” the knight said, and his son rolled his eyes.

“I can’t imagine why I would be upset with you telling Lyon what you did!” Lan hissed, and Faron flinched. “I should have handled that differently, I’m sorry,” he said apologetically, and Lan huffed. “Even before I became an empath, it was abundantly clear that you’ve been scared of me since I was a hatchling!” Lan spat with cold fire in his eyes, and Faron hung his head low in shame.

“How do you think it feels!? My own father, the one I look up to the most, terrified of me over things out of my control! You only talk to me if I’ve done something wrong!” Lan yelled before breaking down into tears.

gAjBEgR.png
69MIHaA.png
Arrrgghhh I can't figure out if Eldin and Faron are just good friends/like adopted brothers or something more
Arrrgghhh I can't figure out if Eldin and Faron are just good friends/like adopted brothers or something more
extra-wing-left.png9PfTMVf.pngextra-wing-right.png
[center] [img]http://i.imgur.com/Ue34vuS.png[/img][font=Monotype Corsiva][size=7][color=#2a164f]Chapter One Hundred Eighteen[/size][/color][/font] --- [font=Palatino Linotype][size=4] Faron felt his heart break as he watched his son cry, and he tried to think of something, [i]anything[/i], to say. “...I’ve been a terrible father to you, and I can’t apologize enough for it taking me this long to realize that. There’s no excuse for the way I’ve treated you,’ Faron said sincerely as he was doing his best to not start crying. Lan looked up at his father with tears streaming down what was left of his face, but didn’t say anything. “I’ve been so accustomed to making decisions for everyone without including anyone in the process. It works for commanding knights, but not for family, and I’m a damned fool for not realising that sooner!” Faron sighed and shook his head. “I won’t ask for forgiveness, I don’t deserve it. Instead, I want to try and fix our relationship, if you’d be willing,” Faron continued with a cautiously optimistic tone. “...Why? We both know you fear me,” Lan said quietly, and Faron frowned. “Because you are my son, and I love you more than anything in this world,” the knight said solemnly, and Lan gave his father a quizzical look. “I can tell you’re not lying, but it doesn’t really answer my question...Here, let me put it this way instead. I can understand why you’d fear me [i]now[/i] after all that I’ve done...but you felt that way from the moment you realized I could do magic. Why?” Lan said in a hard to read tone as he studied his father’s face. Faron sighed once more. “Until you came into my life, as far as I’m aware, you were the only mage I’ve ever met. All I knew were tales of mages getting used for their powers, and those that met an unfortunate end due to their magical abilities. So many of those stories reminded me of you, who was already doing incredible things at such a young age, and without any training! I was so proud of you, but more than anything I was terrified that you’d get hurt, or worse,” Faron said with a far off look in his eyes. After a moment’s pause, Faron began to speak again. “The most well known tale was of a talented young mage who wasn’t aware of their limits, and used so much magic at once that it caused them to quite literally explode. Because you were a prodigy, and I had no way of getting you any knowledge; I was so scared that I was going to lose you, and put my trust in the wrong dragon,” Faron said with a furrowed brow. “If I could change one thing that’s ever happened in my life, I would have never placed my trust in him, in a heartbeat. I am ashamed that in my fear, I caused you all of the troubles I tried so hard to prevent. I’ve never stopped worrying about your well being, not even for a moment,” the knight continued with his voice starting to crack. “...There’s been times since your freedom where it looked like you were...not in control, for lack of a better term, and it scares me because I so desperately want to help you, but I don’t know how,” Faron finished with tears rolling down his face. “Father… all this time, I’ve had no idea that’s how you really felt. I misjudged you, and I’m sorry,” Lan said as he bit his quivering lip, still crying. “Going forward, I’m going to do my best to be the father you deserve,” Faron said solemnly as went to give Lan a warm hug. The two stayed like that for several minutes before the parlor doors suddenly opened, and Corvo poked his head inside. “Oh, uh, I see you’re busy, nevermind then,” he said as he went to leave the room. “It’s fine, Corvo, what do you need?” Faron said with a raised eyebrow as he watched Corvo come back. “I’m going on a supply run, I should be back by tomorrow morning,” he said, and Faron frowned. “Do you need someone to go with you?” Faron asked with concern, and Corvo shook his head in response. “No, I’ll be fine. I just was going to see if you’d watch Mari for me while I’m gone,” the bogsneak said. “Of course,” Faron said with a nod as he watched Corvo disappear from the doorway once more. “Oh, Corvo? Be careful on your trip!” Faron called out as he heard him opening the front doors not too far away. [img]http://i.imgur.com/gAjBEgR.png[/img] [sub][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2095163/30#post_27639813][img]http://i.imgur.com/Z7TDQEm.png[/img][/url] [img]http://i.imgur.com/t2H7r4v.png[/img] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2095163/30#post_27692571][img]http://i.imgur.com/JIV4dlU.png[/img][/url] [img]http://i.imgur.com/69MIHaA.png[/img]
Ue34vuS.pngChapter One Hundred Eighteen
---

Faron felt his heart break as he watched his son cry, and he tried to think of something, anything, to say. “...I’ve been a terrible father to you, and I can’t apologize enough for it taking me this long to realize that. There’s no excuse for the way I’ve treated you,’ Faron said sincerely as he was doing his best to not start crying.

Lan looked up at his father with tears streaming down what was left of his face, but didn’t say anything. “I’ve been so accustomed to making decisions for everyone without including anyone in the process. It works for commanding knights, but not for family, and I’m a damned fool for not realising that sooner!” Faron sighed and shook his head. “I won’t ask for forgiveness, I don’t deserve it. Instead, I want to try and fix our relationship, if you’d be willing,” Faron continued with a cautiously optimistic tone.

“...Why? We both know you fear me,” Lan said quietly, and Faron frowned. “Because you are my son, and I love you more than anything in this world,” the knight said solemnly, and Lan gave his father a quizzical look. “I can tell you’re not lying, but it doesn’t really answer my question...Here, let me put it this way instead. I can understand why you’d fear me now after all that I’ve done...but you felt that way from the moment you realized I could do magic. Why?” Lan said in a hard to read tone as he studied his father’s face.

Faron sighed once more. “Until you came into my life, as far as I’m aware, you were the only mage I’ve ever met. All I knew were tales of mages getting used for their powers, and those that met an unfortunate end due to their magical abilities. So many of those stories reminded me of you, who was already doing incredible things at such a young age, and without any training! I was so proud of you, but more than anything I was terrified that you’d get hurt, or worse,” Faron said with a far off look in his eyes.

After a moment’s pause, Faron began to speak again. “The most well known tale was of a talented young mage who wasn’t aware of their limits, and used so much magic at once that it caused them to quite literally explode. Because you were a prodigy, and I had no way of getting you any knowledge; I was so scared that I was going to lose you, and put my trust in the wrong dragon,” Faron said with a furrowed brow.

“If I could change one thing that’s ever happened in my life, I would have never placed my trust in him, in a heartbeat. I am ashamed that in my fear, I caused you all of the troubles I tried so hard to prevent. I’ve never stopped worrying about your well being, not even for a moment,” the knight continued with his voice starting to crack. “...There’s been times since your freedom where it looked like you were...not in control, for lack of a better term, and it scares me because I so desperately want to help you, but I don’t know how,” Faron finished with tears rolling down his face.

“Father… all this time, I’ve had no idea that’s how you really felt. I misjudged you, and I’m sorry,” Lan said as he bit his quivering lip, still crying. “Going forward, I’m going to do my best to be the father you deserve,” Faron said solemnly as went to give Lan a warm hug. The two stayed like that for several minutes before the parlor doors suddenly opened, and Corvo poked his head inside. “Oh, uh, I see you’re busy, nevermind then,” he said as he went to leave the room.

“It’s fine, Corvo, what do you need?” Faron said with a raised eyebrow as he watched Corvo come back. “I’m going on a supply run, I should be back by tomorrow morning,” he said, and Faron frowned. “Do you need someone to go with you?” Faron asked with concern, and Corvo shook his head in response. “No, I’ll be fine. I just was going to see if you’d watch Mari for me while I’m gone,” the bogsneak said. “Of course,” Faron said with a nod as he watched Corvo disappear from the doorway once more. “Oh, Corvo? Be careful on your trip!” Faron called out as he heard him opening the front doors not too far away.

gAjBEgR.png
69MIHaA.png
[center] [img]http://i.imgur.com/Ue34vuS.png[/img][font=Monotype Corsiva][size=7][color=#2a164f]Chapter One Hundred Nineteen[/size][/color][/font] --- [font=Palatino Linotype][size=4] Eldin was snapped out of his slumber by a swift knock at his bedroom door. Groggily he got out of bed and answered the door with a yawn. “What’s up, Lan?” he asked as he stretched in his doorframe. Lan looked away in embarrassment. “I had a favor to ask of you, but I didn’t know you were sleeping. I can come back later, sorry to bother you,” the mage said as he turned to leave. “I’m awake, might as well take care of the favor now, yeah?” Eldin said, and Lan turned back around looking excited. “Lyon’s been teaching me healing magic, I wanted to test what I learned on you, if possible,” Lan said with a hopeful expression on his face. “You mean ya can get rid of all these scars?” Eldin asked curiously, and Lan eagerly nodded for a moment before looking down in thought. “Well...in [i]theory[/i], yes, but we onl-” Lan started to say, but was cut off by Eldin. “Say no more, kiddo, I’m in,” Eldin said with an excited glint in his eyes. Lan looked at him with both confusion and excitement. “Are you sure? It could go wrong,” the mage said, and Eldin shrugged. “Eh, it’s worth a shot,” he said in his usual easygoing manner. “Alright, thank you! You should probably sit down for this,” Lan said, and the two retreated into Eldin’s room. Eldin sat down on his bed and yawned once more. “Let me know if it starts hurting, and I’ll stop,” Lan said as he drew closer. The mage took a deep breath before slowly moving his finger over one of Eldin’s many scars, and much to Eldin’s delight, it looked as if it was never there. “Wow, ya [i]really[/i] are somethin’!” Eldin said with a smile, and Lan looked up at him with an embarrassed look. “I’m still learning, really, it’s nothing special,” he said modestly, and Eldin raised an eyebrow at him. “You’re taking away scars as if they were never there, n’ you’re callin’ it nothin’? Gods, kid, that’s pretty damn incredible!” Eldin said as he shook his head, and Lan turned back to his task. Lan had healed a few more scars, and Eldin sighed. “...Hey, Lan? I, uh, wanna thank ya. Lookin’ at the mirror’s been hard for me since I...well, y’know,” Eldin said in an unusually serious manner, and Lan rubbed the back of his head in embarrassment. “I’m happy to help, but that’s not the only thing you wanted to say to me, was it?” Lan said as he returned his attention towards Eldin, who was giving him a confused look. “Wha?! How didja kn- oh, that’s right, I almost forgot ‘bout that, my bad,” Eldin said, now looking very embarrassed. “I, uh, Gods, this is embarrassing...Do ya think your dad’ll like me more after you’re done?” Eldin said, sounding rather nervous. “He likes you ,and Adrian a lot, you know. I don’t think Father’s the type to care if you have scars or not,” Lan said as plainly as one would discuss the weather, and Eldin furrowed his brow. “But, he doesn’t seem like he likes me like that, y’know?” Eldin said sadly, and Lan looked at him with sympathetic eyes. “Father… he’s not one to pick up on hints, you just need to be blunt with him,” Lan said as he returned his attention back towards healing the last few scars. Lan had just finished healing the last scar when he suddenly had a very concerned look on his face. “Everythin’ alright?” Eldin asked with a frown, and Lan shook his head. “No, something is [i]very[/i] wrong!” he said as he ran out of the room. Eldin hastily scrambled after the mage, and the two quickly found themselves in the foyer. Not a moment after they arrived, the door opened and a very shaken Corvo slipped inside. “Corvo! Are you okay?” Lan asked with concern, and Corvo shook his head. “...I saw him,” he said so quietly it might as well have been a whisper, and Eldin frowned. “Saw who now?” he asked, and after a few moments Corvo was finally able to speak. “Dolum, but he looked just as he did before the explosion!” he squeaked, and Lan frowned. “You mean your boyfriend that was upset at you for mutating him? The same one that was cruel to Mari?” Lan asked, and all Corvo could do was shakily nod. [img]http://i.imgur.com/gAjBEgR.png[/img] [sub][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2095163/30#post_27674192][img]http://i.imgur.com/Z7TDQEm.png[/img][/url] [img]http://i.imgur.com/t2H7r4v.png[/img] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2095163/30#post_27701013][img]http://i.imgur.com/JIV4dlU.png[/img][/url] [img]http://i.imgur.com/69MIHaA.png[/img]
Ue34vuS.pngChapter One Hundred Nineteen
---

Eldin was snapped out of his slumber by a swift knock at his bedroom door. Groggily he got out of bed and answered the door with a yawn. “What’s up, Lan?” he asked as he stretched in his doorframe. Lan looked away in embarrassment. “I had a favor to ask of you, but I didn’t know you were sleeping. I can come back later, sorry to bother you,” the mage said as he turned to leave.

“I’m awake, might as well take care of the favor now, yeah?” Eldin said, and Lan turned back around looking excited. “Lyon’s been teaching me healing magic, I wanted to test what I learned on you, if possible,” Lan said with a hopeful expression on his face. “You mean ya can get rid of all these scars?” Eldin asked curiously, and Lan eagerly nodded for a moment before looking down in thought.

“Well...in theory, yes, but we onl-” Lan started to say, but was cut off by Eldin. “Say no more, kiddo, I’m in,” Eldin said with an excited glint in his eyes. Lan looked at him with both confusion and excitement. “Are you sure? It could go wrong,” the mage said, and Eldin shrugged. “Eh, it’s worth a shot,” he said in his usual easygoing manner. “Alright, thank you! You should probably sit down for this,” Lan said, and the two retreated into Eldin’s room.

Eldin sat down on his bed and yawned once more. “Let me know if it starts hurting, and I’ll stop,” Lan said as he drew closer. The mage took a deep breath before slowly moving his finger over one of Eldin’s many scars, and much to Eldin’s delight, it looked as if it was never there. “Wow, ya really are somethin’!” Eldin said with a smile, and Lan looked up at him with an embarrassed look. “I’m still learning, really, it’s nothing special,” he said modestly, and Eldin raised an eyebrow at him.

“You’re taking away scars as if they were never there, n’ you’re callin’ it nothin’? Gods, kid, that’s pretty damn incredible!” Eldin said as he shook his head, and Lan turned back to his task. Lan had healed a few more scars, and Eldin sighed. “...Hey, Lan? I, uh, wanna thank ya. Lookin’ at the mirror’s been hard for me since I...well, y’know,” Eldin said in an unusually serious manner, and Lan rubbed the back of his head in embarrassment.

“I’m happy to help, but that’s not the only thing you wanted to say to me, was it?” Lan said as he returned his attention towards Eldin, who was giving him a confused look. “Wha?! How didja kn- oh, that’s right, I almost forgot ‘bout that, my bad,” Eldin said, now looking very embarrassed. “I, uh, Gods, this is embarrassing...Do ya think your dad’ll like me more after you’re done?” Eldin said, sounding rather nervous.

“He likes you ,and Adrian a lot, you know. I don’t think Father’s the type to care if you have scars or not,” Lan said as plainly as one would discuss the weather, and Eldin furrowed his brow. “But, he doesn’t seem like he likes me like that, y’know?” Eldin said sadly, and Lan looked at him with sympathetic eyes. “Father… he’s not one to pick up on hints, you just need to be blunt with him,” Lan said as he returned his attention back towards healing the last few scars.

Lan had just finished healing the last scar when he suddenly had a very concerned look on his face. “Everythin’ alright?” Eldin asked with a frown, and Lan shook his head. “No, something is very wrong!” he said as he ran out of the room. Eldin hastily scrambled after the mage, and the two quickly found themselves in the foyer. Not a moment after they arrived, the door opened and a very shaken Corvo slipped inside.

“Corvo! Are you okay?” Lan asked with concern, and Corvo shook his head. “...I saw him,” he said so quietly it might as well have been a whisper, and Eldin frowned. “Saw who now?” he asked, and after a few moments Corvo was finally able to speak. “Dolum, but he looked just as he did before the explosion!” he squeaked, and Lan frowned. “You mean your boyfriend that was upset at you for mutating him? The same one that was cruel to Mari?” Lan asked, and all Corvo could do was shakily nod.

gAjBEgR.png
69MIHaA.png
AAAAH I KNEW IT
AAAAH I KNEW IT
extra-wing-left.png9PfTMVf.pngextra-wing-right.png
[center] [img]http://i.imgur.com/Ue34vuS.png[/img][font=Monotype Corsiva][size=7][color=#2a164f]Chapter One Hundred Twenty[/size][/color][/font] --- [font=Palatino Linotype][size=4] Lan furrowed his brow as he focused on his own breathing. Corvo was [i]very[/i] shaken, and it was painful for Lan to be around. “Are you sure it was him? After all, you said whoever you saw was a spiral,” the mage said after a minute, and Corvo huffed. “I know, I know, it doesn’t make sense either, but I’m telling you, it [i]was[/i] him!” the bogsneak spat, and both Lan and Eldin recoiled a bit. “Hey, there’s no need ta take it out on ‘em!” Eldin said with a scowl, and Corvo mimicked him in a mocking manner. Eldin glared at Corvo as he clenched his hand into a fist, and Lan threw up his arms as he walked off. “I cannot handle you two right now!” he said exasperated. He felt a bit bad for leaving Corvo in such a sorry state, but both him and Eldin were in such foul moods that it took all Lan had to stay calm himself. He decided to go see if Lyon wanted to spar, as it had been a while since their last duel. It didn’t take him too long to reach Lyon’s room, and he eagerly knocked on the door. The coatl opened the door with a sincere smile. “Good morning, Lan!” he said warmly, and Lan returned the smile. “Good morning, Lyon! I was wondering, did you have any plans for today?” he asked, and Lyon shook his head. “No? I was thinking, it’s been awhile since our last duel, do you want to spar?” Lan said hopefully, and Lyon agreed. “Oh, Corvo and Eldin are fighting in the foyer, let’s try to avoid them. Ah, I know! Lyon, take my arm, and I’ll teleport us outside directly,” Lan said determined, and Lyon gave a nervous “Okay, I trust you,” as he grabbed his rapier ,and took a hold of Lan’s upper arm. Lan took a deep breath and closed his eyes, and focused on the estate’s front porch. He moved his free hand in a deliberate pattern, snapped his fingers, and when he opened his eyes, they were standing on the porch. “Well then, shall we begin?” Lan asked, and Lyon gave him a determined nod. The two walked together out into the yard before turning away from each other. They each walked a few feet away in the opposite direction before turning back towards each other. No sooner did they finish bowing than Lyon lunged at Lan with his blade. Lan teleported out of the way with a laugh. “You’ll have to do better than that!” He said triumphantly as he flung a ball of energy at Lyon. The attack made contact with the intended target, and Lyon was knocked to the ground. Not to be kept down for long, Lyon slung a spell of his own at Lan. Lan deflected it with a quick snap of his wrist, and sent it back to the caster. Temporally blinded, Lyon lunged at Lan with his sword once again, only this time to be successful and land a direct hit. Able to see once again, Lyon was horrified to see that his rapier was sticking out of Lan’s leg. “Oh Gods, Lan I didn’t mean -” Lyon said in a panic, and Lan frowned. “It’s odd.. That didn’t hurt me like it should,” Lan said with a furrowed brow as he pulled the rapier from his leg. As soon as he removed the blade, the wound closed up like it was never there, and Lan had a thoughtful look on his face. “Hey Lyon, you can heal me if this doesn’t work, right?” Lan asked as he looked Lyon straight in his eyes, and Lyon nodded. “Yes, but what ar- [i]Oh my Gods![/i] I- You, Did you just [i]stab[/i] yourself through your heart?!” Lyon yelled in alarm, and Lan nodded slowly as he removed the blade from himself once again. “Relax, I’m fine, Lyon… Oh Gods, [i]I just stabbed myself through my heart[/i], and I’m perfectly fine?! I...I don’t think I can die, Lyon, If [i]THAT[/i] didn’t kill me!” Lan exclaimed, sounding as excited as he was absolutely terrified. [img]http://i.imgur.com/gAjBEgR.png[/img] [sub][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2095163/30#post_27692571][img]http://i.imgur.com/Z7TDQEm.png[/img][/url] [img]http://i.imgur.com/t2H7r4v.png[/img] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2095163/31#post_27706095][img]http://i.imgur.com/JIV4dlU.png[/img][/url] [img]http://i.imgur.com/69MIHaA.png[/img]
Ue34vuS.pngChapter One Hundred Twenty
---

Lan furrowed his brow as he focused on his own breathing. Corvo was very shaken, and it was painful for Lan to be around. “Are you sure it was him? After all, you said whoever you saw was a spiral,” the mage said after a minute, and Corvo huffed. “I know, I know, it doesn’t make sense either, but I’m telling you, it was him!” the bogsneak spat, and both Lan and Eldin recoiled a bit.

“Hey, there’s no need ta take it out on ‘em!” Eldin said with a scowl, and Corvo mimicked him in a mocking manner. Eldin glared at Corvo as he clenched his hand into a fist, and Lan threw up his arms as he walked off. “I cannot handle you two right now!” he said exasperated. He felt a bit bad for leaving Corvo in such a sorry state, but both him and Eldin were in such foul moods that it took all Lan had to stay calm himself.

He decided to go see if Lyon wanted to spar, as it had been a while since their last duel. It didn’t take him too long to reach Lyon’s room, and he eagerly knocked on the door. The coatl opened the door with a sincere smile. “Good morning, Lan!” he said warmly, and Lan returned the smile. “Good morning, Lyon! I was wondering, did you have any plans for today?” he asked, and Lyon shook his head. “No? I was thinking, it’s been awhile since our last duel, do you want to spar?” Lan said hopefully, and Lyon agreed.

“Oh, Corvo and Eldin are fighting in the foyer, let’s try to avoid them. Ah, I know! Lyon, take my arm, and I’ll teleport us outside directly,” Lan said determined, and Lyon gave a nervous “Okay, I trust you,” as he grabbed his rapier ,and took a hold of Lan’s upper arm. Lan took a deep breath and closed his eyes, and focused on the estate’s front porch. He moved his free hand in a deliberate pattern, snapped his fingers, and when he opened his eyes, they were standing on the porch. “Well then, shall we begin?” Lan asked, and Lyon gave him a determined nod.

The two walked together out into the yard before turning away from each other. They each walked a few feet away in the opposite direction before turning back towards each other. No sooner did they finish bowing than Lyon lunged at Lan with his blade. Lan teleported out of the way with a laugh. “You’ll have to do better than that!” He said triumphantly as he flung a ball of energy at Lyon.

The attack made contact with the intended target, and Lyon was knocked to the ground. Not to be kept down for long, Lyon slung a spell of his own at Lan. Lan deflected it with a quick snap of his wrist, and sent it back to the caster. Temporally blinded, Lyon lunged at Lan with his sword once again, only this time to be successful and land a direct hit.

Able to see once again, Lyon was horrified to see that his rapier was sticking out of Lan’s leg. “Oh Gods, Lan I didn’t mean -” Lyon said in a panic, and Lan frowned. “It’s odd.. That didn’t hurt me like it should,” Lan said with a furrowed brow as he pulled the rapier from his leg. As soon as he removed the blade, the wound closed up like it was never there, and Lan had a thoughtful look on his face.

“Hey Lyon, you can heal me if this doesn’t work, right?” Lan asked as he looked Lyon straight in his eyes, and Lyon nodded. “Yes, but what ar- Oh my Gods! I- You, Did you just stab yourself through your heart?!” Lyon yelled in alarm, and Lan nodded slowly as he removed the blade from himself once again. “Relax, I’m fine, Lyon… Oh Gods, I just stabbed myself through my heart, and I’m perfectly fine?! I...I don’t think I can die, Lyon, If THAT didn’t kill me!” Lan exclaimed, sounding as excited as he was absolutely terrified.

gAjBEgR.png
69MIHaA.png
IMMORTAL WONDERFUL SON IS THE BEST DEVELOPMENT
IMMORTAL WONDERFUL SON IS THE BEST DEVELOPMENT
1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 39 40