Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Windestiny - A Nuzlocke (NEW, DAY 9)
1 2 3 4
@starongie
Yes, you can! Thanks for the interest!
@starongie
Yes, you can! Thanks for the interest!
windleft_zpsojegxxo1.png spring. she/her. +3 FRT
windestiny - a nuz/pinkerlocke
windright_zpsee23nxkw.png
[center][size=5][color=#697F67][b]D A Y [/color][color=transparent]-[/color][color=#697F67][b] T E N[/b][/size] [color=#707070][size=2]January 21, 2017. [color=#707070]Today, Pink gave us... [item=MALACHITE AGATE] [color=#707070][size=2][I]Material/Writing[/I][/center] ----- [color=#707070][size=2]Settling in wasn't all that difficult for Ravault and Ferriah, especially because they mostly kept to themselves. Ferriah had hoarded all of the literature of the Hold and was tucking herself away, reading. Her and Ravault shared a den; Azural's old den, in fact, as he no longer needed it. In fact... He never really needed it at all. Speaking of the two, they were happier than ever. Ri never left her egg's side, drifting on daydreams of what their young one would be like. Azural was... Quite nervous to become a dad, and often left the den to grab his mate some food, and to contemplate. The large Imperial, holding the small green oval in her arms, wondered why her mate had left so often. She hoped it wasn't because he was regretting their night, and their future child. She decided to not worry about it all that much. Now, nobody really knew about the egg, since Azural was too awkward to tell anyone, and Riethia was too busy being lost in her infatuation with motherhood. Nobody even knew they were mates. Aevern had always seen the two following each other, and wondered if they shared romantic feelings. Her assumptions were confirmed when the wind spoke the words, "[i][b]love has drifted on the winds in the purest form; a life has been planted in the nurturing expanse of the Hold[/b][/I]." "[B]...What?[/b]" Aevern muttered to herself, in a morning daze. "[B]Who the heck...[/b]" She looked out of her den to see Azural headed over to their food stores trunk and taking enough food for two people. He looked a bit lost in thought as he was doing so, as if he was running on autopilot. The small Fae stood upright, shaking her small frame and stretching her wings. She knew that the Wind was talking about the Nocturne and his Imperial companion. She contemplated speaking to them about it. The leader wanted to know what exactly had gone on between those two; a 'life planted' could mean that an egg either was laid, or hatched, and she didn't know which. But... Planted probably referred more to being placed, or created, so she just assumed that they had an egg together, and it hasn't hatched yet. Suddenly, she found herself fluttering out if the den towards the much bigger Nocturne, half flying, half walking. When she approached, he didn't even notice her as he was digging through the trunk. She smirked, eyeing the white and blue dragon. "[B]Hey, Azural.[/b]" Her small, bright green eyes reflected her playful demeanor. It startled the larger dragon, his claws fumbling and dropping good, almost squashing the leader. "[B]OH GOODNESS I'M SORRY Oh jeez hi Aevern how are you I didn't see you there I was just... Yeah.[/b]" It took all of Aevern's strength not to laugh at the kid's reaction. "[B]That's a lot of food there, big guy. You uh... Trying to put on some weight?[/b]" Aevern jested, realizing she was developing a friendlier side to her hold members. Azural more than most, because she had raised him, and knew him for longer than almost anyone. He was visibly taken aback by her joking, but he just said, "[b]oh, no, I'm just grabbing some food for Riethia, too.[/b]" He was careful not to use her nickname in front of others, because he didn't want to embarrass himself. "[B]Oh, alright. I see. Just asking,[/b]" she chirped, turning around to walk back to her den. Azural was about to say goodbye, when she turned around and said, "[b]oh, and congrats on the egg, kiddo. Congratulate Riethia for me, too.[/b]" She gave him a smile, and smiled even harder when she saw the reaction of pure confusion and surprised on his face. He has no idea how she knew. The leader pointed her claw to the sky, and, as if on cue, a sudden gust of wind howled. Her smile turned into a smirk, and she turned at once and walked back to her den, greeting a visiting Icaruth on the way. Azural realized that the wind had told her. ----- [center][color=#707070][size=2]@MaskqD @Deladria @Phenix @elandor @Starongie @KAnn @Skyeset
D A Y - T E N
January 21, 2017.

Today, Pink gave us...
Malachite Agate
Material/Writing

Settling in wasn't all that difficult for Ravault and Ferriah, especially because they mostly kept to themselves. Ferriah had hoarded all of the literature of the Hold and was tucking herself away, reading. Her and Ravault shared a den; Azural's old den, in fact, as he no longer needed it. In fact... He never really needed it at all.

Speaking of the two, they were happier than ever. Ri never left her egg's side, drifting on daydreams of what their young one would be like. Azural was... Quite nervous to become a dad, and often left the den to grab his mate some food, and to contemplate. The large Imperial, holding the small green oval in her arms, wondered why her mate had left so often. She hoped it wasn't because he was regretting their night, and their future child. She decided to not worry about it all that much.

Now, nobody really knew about the egg, since Azural was too awkward to tell anyone, and Riethia was too busy being lost in her infatuation with motherhood. Nobody even knew they were mates. Aevern had always seen the two following each other, and wondered if they shared romantic feelings. Her assumptions were confirmed when the wind spoke the words, "love has drifted on the winds in the purest form; a life has been planted in the nurturing expanse of the Hold."

"...What?" Aevern muttered to herself, in a morning daze. "Who the heck..." She looked out of her den to see Azural headed over to their food stores trunk and taking enough food for two people. He looked a bit lost in thought as he was doing so, as if he was running on autopilot. The small Fae stood upright, shaking her small frame and stretching her wings. She knew that the Wind was talking about the Nocturne and his Imperial companion.

She contemplated speaking to them about it. The leader wanted to know what exactly had gone on between those two; a 'life planted' could mean that an egg either was laid, or hatched, and she didn't know which. But... Planted probably referred more to being placed, or created, so she just assumed that they had an egg together, and it hasn't hatched yet.

Suddenly, she found herself fluttering out if the den towards the much bigger Nocturne, half flying, half walking. When she approached, he didn't even notice her as he was digging through the trunk. She smirked, eyeing the white and blue dragon.

"Hey, Azural." Her small, bright green eyes reflected her playful demeanor. It startled the larger dragon, his claws fumbling and dropping good, almost squashing the leader. "OH GOODNESS I'M SORRY Oh jeez hi Aevern how are you I didn't see you there I was just... Yeah."

It took all of Aevern's strength not to laugh at the kid's reaction.

"That's a lot of food there, big guy. You uh... Trying to put on some weight?" Aevern jested, realizing she was developing a friendlier side to her hold members. Azural more than most, because she had raised him, and knew him for longer than almost anyone. He was visibly taken aback by her joking, but he just said, "oh, no, I'm just grabbing some food for Riethia, too." He was careful not to use her nickname in front of others, because he didn't want to embarrass himself.

"Oh, alright. I see. Just asking," she chirped, turning around to walk back to her den. Azural was about to say goodbye, when she turned around and said, "oh, and congrats on the egg, kiddo. Congratulate Riethia for me, too." She gave him a smile, and smiled even harder when she saw the reaction of pure confusion and surprised on his face. He has no idea how she knew.

The leader pointed her claw to the sky, and, as if on cue, a sudden gust of wind howled. Her smile turned into a smirk, and she turned at once and walked back to her den, greeting a visiting Icaruth on the way.

Azural realized that the wind had told her.

@springwind
Could I be added to the pinglist? This is a really amazing Nuzlocke. The plot and suspence is great, as well as the characterization. I'd done one myself before that ended up pretty bad, so I have so much respect for how well you are making this one! I'm kinda inspired to try writing another one now.
Edit: Apparrently I can't even spell the ping right. Rip me
@springwind
Could I be added to the pinglist? This is a really amazing Nuzlocke. The plot and suspence is great, as well as the characterization. I'd done one myself before that ended up pretty bad, so I have so much respect for how well you are making this one! I'm kinda inspired to try writing another one now.
Edit: Apparrently I can't even spell the ping right. Rip me
@KAnn
Oh, why yes, you can! Thanks so much for your interest, I'll put you on it!
And thanks for the kind words! I wanted to brush up on my writing skills, as well as just test out a Nuz/Pinkerlocke, so I'm glad so many people are saying nice things about it! I am open to critique, definitely, so thanks so much for the compliments!
@KAnn
Oh, why yes, you can! Thanks so much for your interest, I'll put you on it!
And thanks for the kind words! I wanted to brush up on my writing skills, as well as just test out a Nuz/Pinkerlocke, so I'm glad so many people are saying nice things about it! I am open to critique, definitely, so thanks so much for the compliments!
@springwind

I have to get caught up with the entries, but so far it looks interesting! Add me to the pinglist?
@springwind

I have to get caught up with the entries, but so far it looks interesting! Add me to the pinglist?
ck2CMHK.gif
[center][size=5][color=#697F67][b]D A Y [/color][color=transparent]-[/color][color=#697F67][b] E L E V E N[/b][/size] [color=#707070][size=2]March 20th, 2017. [color=#707070]Today, Pink gave us... [item=sentry squawker] [color=#707070][size=2][I]Breed Dragons[/I] ...Finally. Since I sort of left for a while, I preemptively bred Azural and Riethia. Their one and only egg hatches today. The coin flip said...[/center] ----- [color=#707070][size=2]The tiny green oval that danced in Riethia's arms was such a joy to her heart. She knew the small life inside would be a blessing and a beacon of hope for Springhold, as none had been born here after the time of the death that swept here just moons ago. The clan did find out eventually as to the existence of the small wind egg, and they showered Azural and Riethia with praise and congratulations. It seemed Mel was the most happy, her tiny figure embracing the Nocturne and Imperial as big as her tiny body would allow. She also gave the egg a hug, even though the egg also threatened to squish the petite Fae. What fascinated Riethia the most was the energy this egg had. If left on it's own, it would often roll around, which is why the Imperial always kept it in her arms. That, and she was unspeakably attached to her unborn son or daughter. When the day came that the egg was to hatch, and the little object moved more than normal, both Riethia and Azural's hearts kept into their throats. They were on edge. They were so excited and scared. Would it be a large, majestic Imperial, like their mother? Or a smaller and slyer Nocturne, like their father? The urge to help the being hatch out of the egg when the first cracks on the colourful surface started to appear was unreal, but both parents knew to be patient. Before Azural could call the rest of the hold members to watch their child hatch, his mate looked at him, worry on her features. "[B]Azu,[/b]", she muttered, remembering her concerns from a while ago. " [b]Are you... Ready? Do you really want to be a father to this being?[/b]" She realized it was a little too late, as her child was being born right at that instant, but it played with her mind constantly, and she couldn't get away. She needed closure. Azural, on the other hand, was very, very confused. "[B]Ri, what are you saying? I don't know if I'm r-ready, but... I'm so, so willing to be the father to this hatchling, why in Windsinger's name would you ask that?[/b]" The Imperial shot him a look of further confusion, as she muttered, "[b]The past few days, you had just wandered off all day while I stayed here and looked after the egg, and I felt alone, and like you wanted no part of it.[/b]" When she finished, she looked at the egg, rocking back and forth every few seconds. Her eyes of fire were seemingly extinguished from the tears she was holding back. The Nocturne's own eyes widened as he realized that he hadn't thought of how she felt about his disappearances, their shadowy purple depths alight with realization. He rushed at her side and buried his face in her neck; it was the first sign of affection they had shown each other since they had discovered the egg, and Azural felt guilty beyond contemplation upon realizing that. His mate craned her large head so she nuzzles her cheek on his horns. Even though he hadn't said anything, Riethia already knew the answer. "[B]Oh, Azu, I didn't even realize... You're so nervous to be a dad,[/b]" she whispered to him, her breath tickling the scales on his neck and shoulders, and he pulled his face away to face her, nodding. "[B]I didn't even think about the fact that I was abandoning you, I was just worried about how... Good of a father I can be to this child of ours...[/b]" Riethia opened her mouth to speak, and a large crack filled the room. Both heads whipped around in unison to take a glance at the egg, that now had a large crack down the middle. "[B]You should go grab everyone,[/b]" the Imperial spoke breathlessly, so alert as to the movements of this small bundle of love and hope and light. Azural nodded, and flew out as fast as he could to gather Aevern and the others. When the Hold had finally gathered, even the den big enough for the Imperial felt stuffy, with herself, two Nocturnes, two Fae's and two Skydancers inside. All eyes were glued to the egg, which wobbled around Riethia's side as she curled her long body halfway around it. The lair was silent, as everyone held their breath and stared. It was a long afternoon, but by evening. The little hatchling wiggled free, with Riethia's claws itching to help the poor tired thing. Once the small dragon's body was free of the shell, it's shimmering peridot coloured eyes opened and blinked. Riethia scooped it up at once, Azural perched on her shoulder as the looked at her. The rest of the crowd rushed in and surrounded them, eyes all over the small white Nocturne. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31679267] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/316793/31679267_350.png[/img] [/url] [color=#707070][size=2][i](...Heads. She lives.)[/i] "[b]She's... The most beautiful thing I've ever seen...[/b]" Riethia whispered to nobody in particular. Glad nobody was paying attention, Azural was sobbing into his mate's large shoulder, overwhelmed. This child was his daughter, and she looked so much like him. She was a tiny white flower, and he was in awe of how him and his mate could create such a perfect looking creature. He was so emotional, he didn't even know what to do with himself but cry, as the small hatchling closed her eyes and curled up in her mother's arms. Every dragon in the den looked stricken by her small and innocent beauty. Aevern herself, perched on Icaruth's shoulder to see, actually shed a tear, to which the large Skydancer wrapped a wing around her. She found the gesture a tad odd, but knew he was just an odd dragon, and didn't question it. She cleared her throat, and let her voice, much larger than her body, ring out. "[B]By the power of the mightiest Winds; by the Windsinger and by the wiseness and fleeting might of the element of Air, I rightfully name this child a child of Springhold. The first child to be born since the disaster of sleep. May her life shine a light on our own existences, and show us that we can perservere and thrive in times of despair. By the choice of the Winds, and of Azural and Riethia, I bless this Nocturne as Faultis, the Light of Springhold. May she live a life of prosperity and happiness, and may the Windsinger's wishes see her through all of her endevours and trials. May she remind us that hope is always near to out hearts.[/b]" ----- [center][color=#707070][size=2]@MaskqD @Deladria @Phenix @elandor @Starongie @KAnn @Skyeset
D A Y - E L E V E N
March 20th, 2017.

Today, Pink gave us...
Sentry Squawker
Breed Dragons
...Finally.
Since I sort of left for a while, I preemptively bred Azural and Riethia. Their one and only egg hatches today. The coin flip said...

The tiny green oval that danced in Riethia's arms was such a joy to her heart. She knew the small life inside would be a blessing and a beacon of hope for Springhold, as none had been born here after the time of the death that swept here just moons ago.

The clan did find out eventually as to the existence of the small wind egg, and they showered Azural and Riethia with praise and congratulations. It seemed Mel was the most happy, her tiny figure embracing the Nocturne and Imperial as big as her tiny body would allow. She also gave the egg a hug, even though the egg also threatened to squish the petite Fae.

What fascinated Riethia the most was the energy this egg had. If left on it's own, it would often roll around, which is why the Imperial always kept it in her arms. That, and she was unspeakably attached to her unborn son or daughter.

When the day came that the egg was to hatch, and the little object moved more than normal, both Riethia and Azural's hearts kept into their throats. They were on edge. They were so excited and scared. Would it be a large, majestic Imperial, like their mother? Or a smaller and slyer Nocturne, like their father? The urge to help the being hatch out of the egg when the first cracks on the colourful surface started to appear was unreal, but both parents knew to be patient.

Before Azural could call the rest of the hold members to watch their child hatch, his mate looked at him, worry on her features. "Azu,", she muttered, remembering her concerns from a while ago. " Are you... Ready? Do you really want to be a father to this being?" She realized it was a little too late, as her child was being born right at that instant, but it played with her mind constantly, and she couldn't get away. She needed closure.

Azural, on the other hand, was very, very confused. "Ri, what are you saying? I don't know if I'm r-ready, but... I'm so, so willing to be the father to this hatchling, why in Windsinger's name would you ask that?" The Imperial shot him a look of further confusion, as she muttered, "The past few days, you had just wandered off all day while I stayed here and looked after the egg, and I felt alone, and like you wanted no part of it." When she finished, she looked at the egg, rocking back and forth every few seconds. Her eyes of fire were seemingly extinguished from the tears she was holding back.

The Nocturne's own eyes widened as he realized that he hadn't thought of how she felt about his disappearances, their shadowy purple depths alight with realization. He rushed at her side and buried his face in her neck; it was the first sign of affection they had shown each other since they had discovered the egg, and Azural felt guilty beyond contemplation upon realizing that. His mate craned her large head so she nuzzles her cheek on his horns. Even though he hadn't said anything, Riethia already knew the answer.

"Oh, Azu, I didn't even realize... You're so nervous to be a dad," she whispered to him, her breath tickling the scales on his neck and shoulders, and he pulled his face away to face her, nodding. "I didn't even think about the fact that I was abandoning you, I was just worried about how... Good of a father I can be to this child of ours..."

Riethia opened her mouth to speak, and a large crack filled the room. Both heads whipped around in unison to take a glance at the egg, that now had a large crack down the middle. "You should go grab everyone," the Imperial spoke breathlessly, so alert as to the movements of this small bundle of love and hope and light. Azural nodded, and flew out as fast as he could to gather Aevern and the others.

When the Hold had finally gathered, even the den big enough for the Imperial felt stuffy, with herself, two Nocturnes, two Fae's and two Skydancers inside. All eyes were glued to the egg, which wobbled around Riethia's side as she curled her long body halfway around it. The lair was silent, as everyone held their breath and stared.

It was a long afternoon, but by evening. The little hatchling wiggled free, with Riethia's claws itching to help the poor tired thing. Once the small dragon's body was free of the shell, it's shimmering peridot coloured eyes opened and blinked. Riethia scooped it up at once, Azural perched on her shoulder as the looked at her. The rest of the crowd rushed in and surrounded them, eyes all over the small white Nocturne.

31679267_350.png

(...Heads. She lives.)

"She's... The most beautiful thing I've ever seen..." Riethia whispered to nobody in particular. Glad nobody was paying attention, Azural was sobbing into his mate's large shoulder, overwhelmed. This child was his daughter, and she looked so much like him. She was a tiny white flower, and he was in awe of how him and his mate could create such a perfect looking creature. He was so emotional, he didn't even know what to do with himself but cry, as the small hatchling closed her eyes and curled up in her mother's arms.

Every dragon in the den looked stricken by her small and innocent beauty. Aevern herself, perched on Icaruth's shoulder to see, actually shed a tear, to which the large Skydancer wrapped a wing around her. She found the gesture a tad odd, but knew he was just an odd dragon, and didn't question it. She cleared her throat, and let her voice, much larger than her body, ring out.

"By the power of the mightiest Winds; by the Windsinger and by the wiseness and fleeting might of the element of Air, I rightfully name this child a child of Springhold. The first child to be born since the disaster of sleep. May her life shine a light on our own existences, and show us that we can perservere and thrive in times of despair. By the choice of the Winds, and of Azural and Riethia, I bless this Nocturne as Faultis, the Light of Springhold. May she live a life of prosperity and happiness, and may the Windsinger's wishes see her through all of her endevours and trials. May she remind us that hope is always near to out hearts."

[center][size=5][color=#697F67][b]D A Y [/color][color=transparent]-[/color][color=#697F67][b] T W E L V E [/b][/size] [color=#707070][size=2]March 17, 2017. [color=#707070]Today, Pink gave us... [item=buttercup lace ribbons] [color=#707070][size=2][I]New Dragon[/I] Number generator says 4. Pearlcatcher. Male.[/center]
D A Y - T W E L V E
March 17, 2017.

Today, Pink gave us...
Buttercup Lace Ribbons
New Dragon
Number generator says 4. Pearlcatcher. Male.
[center][size=5][color=#697F67][b]D A Y [/color][color=transparent]-[/color][color=#697F67][b] T H I R T E E N[/b][/size] [color=#707070][size=2]March 19, 2017. [color=#707070]Today, Pink gave us... [item=coppercoil spider] [color=#707070][size=2][I]Insect/Coli (20-30+)[/I][/center]
D A Y - T H I R T E E N
March 19, 2017.

Today, Pink gave us...
Coppercoil Spider
Insect/Coli (20-30+)
[center][size=5][color=#697F67][b]D A Y [/color][color=transparent]-[/color][color=#697F67][b] F O U R T E E N[/b][/size] [color=#707070][size=2]March 21, 2017. [color=#707070]Today, Pink gave us... [item=historical text] [color=#707070][size=2][I]Trinket/Art[/I][/center]
D A Y - F O U R T E E N
March 21, 2017.

Today, Pink gave us...
Historical Text
Trinket/Art
1 2 3 4