Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Lunate Lorebook
1 2
It is now free to post on this thread!
@Coppercloud you told me to ping you when I was done setting it up :0
It is now free to post on this thread!
@Coppercloud you told me to ping you when I was done setting it up :0
AXFBrIx.png
[center][b]Daily lore prompt 1: "Choose a dragon. How would they react to a loved one's death?[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19564261] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/195643/19564261_350.png[/img] [/url] Vayle, the Angler[/center] "I'm sorry, Vayle." The dragon standing before him shuffled his feet nervously, snuffling. "But, ah, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=204600&tab=dragon&did=19283957]Adonox[/url] hasn't returned from his journey yet." Vayle's talons dig into the muddy bank of the drag. "That doesn't mean he's..." "Vayle, he - he's been gone for [i]months[/i], he's--" "[i]HE'S NOT DEAD[/i]," Vayle hissed, narrowing his eyes. "Adonox will come back, he always does." A gentle breeze blew from ahead of him, bringing the smell of salt from the Tidelord's domain. The dragon who stood before him looked down, obviously unsure. "Leave me alone. He's coming back, I know it." The mirror turned away from the dragon in front of him, sliding back into the silty waters of the drag. The first few feet were rough going, as rotting driftwood was piled thickly against the banks, but Vayle pushed through the piles of soggy wood to the clearer waters ahead. The fins on his arms spread, and his webbed claws, gently flapping wings, and swishing tail effectively and quickly pushed him forward and downward. As he got deeper, the bulb on his head flickered to life. An abundance of aquatic life shone in the dark, but Vayle, for once, ignored them. [i]Underwater[/i], he thought, stream of bubbles rising from his nostrils, [i]nobody can tell that I'm crying. Not even the fish.[/i] [b](Note: Adonox is not actually dead, nor do I ever plan on killing him off. This is just a non-canon story.)[/b]
Daily lore prompt 1:

"Choose a dragon. How would they react to a loved one's death?

19564261_350.png

Vayle, the Angler

"I'm sorry, Vayle." The dragon standing before him shuffled his feet nervously, snuffling. "But, ah, Adonox hasn't returned from his journey yet."
Vayle's talons dig into the muddy bank of the drag. "That doesn't mean he's..."
"Vayle, he - he's been gone for months, he's--"
"HE'S NOT DEAD," Vayle hissed, narrowing his eyes. "Adonox will come back, he always does."
A gentle breeze blew from ahead of him, bringing the smell of salt from the Tidelord's domain. The dragon who stood before him looked down, obviously unsure. "Leave me alone. He's coming back, I know it."
The mirror turned away from the dragon in front of him, sliding back into the silty waters of the drag. The first few feet were rough going, as rotting driftwood was piled thickly against the banks, but Vayle pushed through the piles of soggy wood to the clearer waters ahead. The fins on his arms spread, and his webbed claws, gently flapping wings, and swishing tail effectively and quickly pushed him forward and downward.
As he got deeper, the bulb on his head flickered to life. An abundance of aquatic life shone in the dark, but Vayle, for once, ignored them.
Underwater, he thought, stream of bubbles rising from his nostrils, nobody can tell that I'm crying. Not even the fish.

(Note: Adonox is not actually dead, nor do I ever plan on killing him off. This is just a non-canon story.)
AXFBrIx.png
[center][b]Daily lore prompt 2: "Unexpected bad weather keeps your clan trapped inside for a few days! Are they well prepared? How well do they handle being stuck together?"[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20117655] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/201177/20117655_350.png[/img] [/url] Goldynrod, extremely sharp scout [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21407601] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/214077/21407601_350.png[/img] [/url] Byleth, the knight (he's sharp in a more literal way hoohoohoo)[/center] Goldynrod's feathers were getting ruffled. He'd spent over an hour in the cave with this...[i]dimwit[/i], and frankly, he wasn't sure exactly how much more he could take. It would have been alright if the ridgeback had some sort of[i] light source [/i]in his home, even a few [i]glowshrooms[/i], for Shadowbinder's sake, but the only light came from Goldynrod's Will-o'-the-Ember. Although they were warm, Marax had enchanted them to give off very little light. [i]"For the sake of stealth,"[/i] Marax had explained. "[i]You are the [i]scout[/i], aren't you? We don't want you being spotted flying around other lairs."[/i] Now, Goldynrod was regretting - heavily - Marax's decision to dim the flames. "What are you doing, Goldy?" Byleth asked lazily from his spot a few feet from Goldynrod. "I'm trying to write," Goldynrod grumbled, shutting his fieldbook with annoyance. "But [i]someone[/i] doesn't have a light source in their lair." "I usually don't need one," The ridgeback retorted. "See, my--" Goldynrod swished his tail and grudgingly sat down - he'd probably be stuck here for a while. "Oh, [i]do[/i] shut up, will you?" Outside Byleth's lair, snowflakes at least the size of faes were falling with a frankly alarming frequency. The skydancer wondered pensively if Lunate's [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=214465]allies residing in the Focal Point[/url] were experiencing such horrid weather, too. Goldynrod's train of thought was rudely interrupted by Byleth's [i]annoyingly loud[/i] voice. "Seems that there are a few extra blankets towards the back of this cavern, if you want I can go get--" "Thanks, but n-- OOF!" Byleth had turned his head towards Goldynrod to listen to his reply, but in his haste, had sucker-punched the skydancer with his ridiculously long snout. "Ow. Shadowbinder, that hurt." "Oh, ah, sorry!" Byleth muttered sheepishly. "My mistake." Goldynrod glared at the huge ridgeback, rubbing his bruised head. "It certainly was." The exchange was followed by almost half an hour of blissful silence. Goldynrod had almost succeeded in clearing the ringing in his head when he heard the ridgeback's plated armor gently rattling. "Wh...what on Sorienth is going on?" "S-sorry," Byleth's teeth clattered together. "It's c-cold..." Goldynrod rolled his eyes. "Oh, for Shadowbinder's sake." Exasperated, he coxed a few of his Will-o'-the-Embers towards the massive ridgeback. Byleth purred gratefully for the warmth and flicked his tail. Goldynrod looked out towards the snow, still annoyed that he couldn't write in the darkness...but...was it lighter now, or was that his imagination? Surprised, the skydancer turned his head back to the cave to see that... Byleth's spines were glowing with a soft pink light. "Wh - H - Byleth!" Goldynrod exclaimed, jumping to his feet. "Your spines!" "Oh, right, sorry about that," The ridgeback replied, turning his huge golden head slowly and deliberately. "It happens when I'm comfortable." "Why didn't you tell me earlier?!" "I, um, I tried to..." Goldynrod pulled his notebook out from one of his satchels and slammed it on the stone floor a bit harder than he would have liked. "Well, ah...Byleth?" The ridgeback looked at him expectantly, nervously. "Yes?" "Thank you. And, um." Goldynrod pulled out his charcoal pencil and absently twirled it around his talons a few times. "I'm sorry." Byleth's face broke into a smile. "It's really no problem, Goldy. I'm glad to have you here until the storm ends. Plenty of room and extra food!" He rested his head on the ground, his long neck snaking back to his massive body. His spines illuminated the space more than adequately for the skydancer's notes, and he purred contentedly. [quote=Goldynrod's notes] Time: 19:09:13PM Date: January 15, 2017 With patience, friends can be found in unlikely places. A little bit of kindness goes a long way, so be sure to return it.[/quote] (@Coppercloud)
Daily lore prompt 2:

"Unexpected bad weather keeps your clan trapped inside for a few days! Are they well prepared? How well do they handle being stuck together?"

20117655_350.png

Goldynrod, extremely sharp scout

21407601_350.png

Byleth, the knight (he's sharp in a more literal way hoohoohoo)

Goldynrod's feathers were getting ruffled. He'd spent over an hour in the cave with this...dimwit, and frankly, he wasn't sure exactly how much more he could take.
It would have been alright if the ridgeback had some sort of light source in his home, even a few glowshrooms, for Shadowbinder's sake, but the only light came from Goldynrod's Will-o'-the-Ember. Although they were warm, Marax had enchanted them to give off very little light.
"For the sake of stealth," Marax had explained. "You are the scout, aren't you? We don't want you being spotted flying around other lairs."
Now, Goldynrod was regretting - heavily - Marax's decision to dim the flames.
"What are you doing, Goldy?" Byleth asked lazily from his spot a few feet from Goldynrod.
"I'm trying to write," Goldynrod grumbled, shutting his fieldbook with annoyance. "But someone doesn't have a light source in their lair."
"I usually don't need one," The ridgeback retorted. "See, my--"
Goldynrod swished his tail and grudgingly sat down - he'd probably be stuck here for a while. "Oh, do shut up, will you?"
Outside Byleth's lair, snowflakes at least the size of faes were falling with a frankly alarming frequency. The skydancer wondered pensively if Lunate's allies residing in the Focal Point were experiencing such horrid weather, too.
Goldynrod's train of thought was rudely interrupted by Byleth's annoyingly loud voice. "Seems that there are a few extra blankets towards the back of this cavern, if you want I can go get--"
"Thanks, but n-- OOF!"
Byleth had turned his head towards Goldynrod to listen to his reply, but in his haste, had sucker-punched the skydancer with his ridiculously long snout.
"Ow. Shadowbinder, that hurt."
"Oh, ah, sorry!" Byleth muttered sheepishly. "My mistake."
Goldynrod glared at the huge ridgeback, rubbing his bruised head. "It certainly was."
The exchange was followed by almost half an hour of blissful silence. Goldynrod had almost succeeded in clearing the ringing in his head when he heard the ridgeback's plated armor gently rattling.
"Wh...what on Sorienth is going on?"
"S-sorry," Byleth's teeth clattered together. "It's c-cold..."
Goldynrod rolled his eyes. "Oh, for Shadowbinder's sake." Exasperated, he coxed a few of his Will-o'-the-Embers towards the massive ridgeback. Byleth purred gratefully for the warmth and flicked his tail.
Goldynrod looked out towards the snow, still annoyed that he couldn't write in the darkness...but...was it lighter now, or was that his imagination?
Surprised, the skydancer turned his head back to the cave to see that...
Byleth's spines were glowing with a soft pink light. "Wh - H - Byleth!" Goldynrod exclaimed, jumping to his feet. "Your spines!"
"Oh, right, sorry about that," The ridgeback replied, turning his huge golden head slowly and deliberately. "It happens when I'm comfortable."
"Why didn't you tell me earlier?!"
"I, um, I tried to..."
Goldynrod pulled his notebook out from one of his satchels and slammed it on the stone floor a bit harder than he would have liked. "Well, ah...Byleth?"
The ridgeback looked at him expectantly, nervously. "Yes?"
"Thank you. And, um." Goldynrod pulled out his charcoal pencil and absently twirled it around his talons a few times. "I'm sorry."
Byleth's face broke into a smile. "It's really no problem, Goldy. I'm glad to have you here until the storm ends. Plenty of room and extra food!" He rested his head on the ground, his long neck snaking back to his massive body. His spines illuminated the space more than adequately for the skydancer's notes, and he purred contentedly.

Goldynrod's notes wrote:
Time: 19:09:13PM
Date: January 15, 2017
With patience, friends can be found in unlikely places. A little bit of kindness goes a long way, so be sure to return it.

(@Coppercloud)
AXFBrIx.png
[center][b][s]Daily[/s] Lore Prompt 3 A Day in the Life: Write about your daily habits and routine.[/b][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22278428] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/222785/22278428_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [b]MORNING[/b] The sun wasn't even up yet when my eyes snapped open. There was someone - or [i]something[/i] - in my lair. I jumped up and banged my head rather hard on a pillar of rusty gears and tools. They crashed to the stone floor at my feet, and I looked around wildly for the intruder that I knew was there. "...[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=204600&tab=dragon&did=20758726][i]Helioz[/i][/url]?!" I yowled, narrowing my eyes. "What on Sorienth are you doing here?" The bright coatl's eyes were wide and his feathers were ruffled. His short hackles stood on end, making him look slightly scruffier than usual. "Oh. Um. Hello. Didn't mean to wake you." He was apparently just as startled as I was. Obviously, Helioz hadn't meant me any ill intent - he was completely harmless - so why was he here? The coatl attempted to smooth his feathers. "I, ah, I was going to ask you to...possibly repair these glasses?" He sheepishly held up a pair of steampunk goggles, the glass cracked. "I, um, was just going to leave them here for when you woke up..." "Oh." I huffed as Helioz gingerly placed the goggles on a slab of rock, hastily turning. "Suppose I should leave now, huh?" He attempted a laugh, then darted out as soon as he found his icebreaker ineffective." [b]AFTERNOON[/b] After a delicious community brunch put together by Bento (I and the other seafood eaters had some lightly seared Rainbow Trout fillets with a side of watercress-and-ragesquid sushi, followed by a small pile of Olympia oysters. We washed it down with speckled petunia tea.), I headed back to my lair. As much as I would have liked to tunnel today, I was backed up with things to fix. Aside from Helioz's goggles, I now had to deal with fixing dents in Byleth's armor, and unjamming Axxal's steampunk wings. Fantastic. Annoyed, I got to work, using my claws and an assortment of tools to fix the problems. I fed the forge's flames with coal and with wood (dried cedar burned especailly hot) (UNFINISHED)
Daily Lore Prompt 3

A Day in the Life: Write about your daily habits and routine.

MORNING
The sun wasn't even up yet when my eyes snapped open. There was someone - or something - in my lair.
I jumped up and banged my head rather hard on a pillar of rusty gears and tools. They crashed to the stone floor at my feet, and I looked around wildly for the intruder that I knew was there.
"...Helioz?!" I yowled, narrowing my eyes. "What on Sorienth are you doing here?"
The bright coatl's eyes were wide and his feathers were ruffled. His short hackles stood on end, making him look slightly scruffier than usual.
"Oh. Um. Hello. Didn't mean to wake you." He was apparently just as startled as I was. Obviously, Helioz hadn't meant me any ill intent - he was completely harmless - so why was he here?
The coatl attempted to smooth his feathers. "I, ah, I was going to ask you to...possibly repair these glasses?" He sheepishly held up a pair of steampunk goggles, the glass cracked. "I, um, was just going to leave them here for when you woke up..."
"Oh." I huffed as Helioz gingerly placed the goggles on a slab of rock, hastily turning.
"Suppose I should leave now, huh?" He attempted a laugh, then darted out as soon as he found his icebreaker ineffective."

AFTERNOON
After a delicious community brunch put together by Bento (I and the other seafood eaters had some lightly seared Rainbow Trout fillets with a side of watercress-and-ragesquid sushi, followed by a small pile of Olympia oysters. We washed it down with speckled petunia tea.), I headed back to my lair. As much as I would have liked to tunnel today, I was backed up with things to fix. Aside from Helioz's goggles, I now had to deal with fixing dents in Byleth's armor, and unjamming Axxal's steampunk wings.
Fantastic.
Annoyed, I got to work, using my claws and an assortment of tools to fix the problems. I fed the forge's flames with coal and with wood (dried cedar burned especailly hot)

(UNFINISHED)
AXFBrIx.png
Currently working on more lore (ooh)
Currently working on more lore (ooh)
AXFBrIx.png
[center][b]QuickLore: Ferrous (alchemist) [/b][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26897112] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/268972/26897112_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] The huge imperial coiled at the glowing mouth of the cave. Despite his size, his breathing is almost unnoticeable. You have to strain to even hear an whisper of it. The creature is truly formidable, and you have the feeling he isn't exactly a gentle giant. You hear a hiss, like sulfur escaping a long-sealed bottle. "[i]Who dares trespass here?[/i]" You realize with some alarm that thee hiss was the imperial, and your breath catches in your throat. He's looking at you, now, and as he stares, you realize that his underbelly is pulsing in time with his heartbeat. It glows with a soft radioactive light. You can't look away from the sickly green glow - not until his massive talon slowly gestures at you, seeming to break the trance. "[i]Who dares trespass here?[/i]" He asked again, unblinking and steady in his gaze. You try to answer, but you find yourself unable to speak. The corrosive aura around the imperial prevents you from forming words, as you fear that your throat may be burned should you try to speak. You realize with a sinking feeling that you do not belong here. You have never belonged here, and you never will, no matter what. The imperial grows impatient, and his stare burns into you and corrodes your defenses. You feel like you've dissolved into a puddle at the imperial's feet. [i]It's time to leave. Now. [/i] You manage to choke out an apology as you turn tail and flee. You run faster than you ever have before, but you can't escape the giant imperial's sight. Once he's seen it, you realize, [i]nothing[/i] escapes his sight. You never go back to the cave again.
QuickLore: Ferrous (alchemist)

The huge imperial coiled at the glowing mouth of the cave. Despite his size, his breathing is almost unnoticeable. You have to strain to even hear an whisper of it. The creature is truly formidable, and you have the feeling he isn't exactly a gentle giant.
You hear a hiss, like sulfur escaping a long-sealed bottle. "Who dares trespass here?" You realize with some alarm that thee hiss was the imperial, and your breath catches in your throat. He's looking at you, now, and as he stares, you realize that his underbelly is pulsing in time with his heartbeat. It glows with a soft radioactive light. You can't look away from the sickly green glow - not until his massive talon slowly gestures at you, seeming to break the trance.
"Who dares trespass here?" He asked again, unblinking and steady in his gaze. You try to answer, but you find yourself unable to speak. The corrosive aura around the imperial prevents you from forming words, as you fear that your throat may be burned should you try to speak.
You realize with a sinking feeling that you do not belong here. You have never belonged here, and you never will, no matter what.
The imperial grows impatient, and his stare burns into you and corrodes your defenses. You feel like you've dissolved into a puddle at the imperial's feet.
It's time to leave. Now.
You manage to choke out an apology as you turn tail and flee. You run faster than you ever have before, but you can't escape the giant imperial's sight. Once he's seen it, you realize, nothing escapes his sight.
You never go back to the cave again.
AXFBrIx.png
[b][center][b]QuickLore: A Typical Dinnertime Scenario [/b][/center][/b] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19283957] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/192840/19283957_350.png[/img] [/url] (From the point of view of Adonox, the Wildclaw Pirate, who has just returned from a particularly grueling trip. Other dragons will be featured as well, but this lore is from Adonox's perspective.)[/center] The chatter was loud in the clearing. Almost every dragon in the Lunate Clan was there, provided they weren't on Watch (this shift, I noted, was taken by [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=204600&tab=dragon&did=19573580]Apaz[/url], the clan's scout. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=204600&tab=dragon&did=19336383]Jephen[/url] was currently flying a parcel of steamed oysters and trout fillets over to her, but she'd soon return to the communal meal area). Sitting back on my haunches, I took in the scene I had grown to love and miss while on my voyages. Assorted trays and bowls - some wooden, some crystal, and a few fancy bone-carved - were haphazardly arranged on a huge slab of polished quartz (so large, in fact, that it took four of Lunate's imperials (and Marax's magic!) to hoist it into place on top of its six supporting stone pillars)). The flat, gently glowing surface of the platform was engraved with symbols and runes. It looked far too imposing to be holding steaming food, but it was used for almost everything in the Lunate clan (meetings, gatherings, cleaning and sorting of food, and games of chess to name a few). A few of Lunate's dragons were meandering over to a massive black cauldron of scalding hot apple cider. Today's batch, made and maintained by [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=204600&tab=dragon&did=23289327]Bento[/url], was delightfully laced with cinnamon and aromatic crushed petals. It was no secret that Bento was, claws down, the best at making cider. As dragons dipped into the cauldron with mugs (each dragon made their own mug, so a few were extremely haphazard), Bento refilled it with additional vats of apple juice and brought it to a comfortable boil. A strange light was thrown over the whole scene, as it was illuminated by both the crackling orange fire and the glowing blue crystal. A huddle of nocturnes on the ground to my right chatted amiably, sharing a large pile of raw wendigo haunches they had nagged from the table. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=204600&tab=dragon&did=19687836]Daxel[/url] and a few other faes perched on [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=204600&tab=dragon&did=19824933]Ziva's[/url] enormous antlers, munching on pepper-coated crickets. I let out a contented sigh and folded my wings, happy to simply eat my wendigo haunch, drink my cider, and take in the constant buzz of dragons talking. There's no place like home.
QuickLore: A Typical Dinnertime Scenario

19283957_350.png

(From the point of view of Adonox, the Wildclaw Pirate, who has just returned from a particularly grueling trip. Other dragons will be featured as well, but this lore is from Adonox's perspective.)

The chatter was loud in the clearing. Almost every dragon in the Lunate Clan was there, provided they weren't on Watch (this shift, I noted, was taken by Apaz, the clan's scout. Jephen was currently flying a parcel of steamed oysters and trout fillets over to her, but she'd soon return to the communal meal area).
Sitting back on my haunches, I took in the scene I had grown to love and miss while on my voyages. Assorted trays and bowls - some wooden, some crystal, and a few fancy bone-carved - were haphazardly arranged on a huge slab of polished quartz (so large, in fact, that it took four of Lunate's imperials (and Marax's magic!) to hoist it into place on top of its six supporting stone pillars)). The flat, gently glowing surface of the platform was engraved with symbols and runes. It looked far too imposing to be holding steaming food, but it was used for almost everything in the Lunate clan (meetings, gatherings, cleaning and sorting of food, and games of chess to name a few).
A few of Lunate's dragons were meandering over to a massive black cauldron of scalding hot apple cider. Today's batch, made and maintained by Bento, was delightfully laced with cinnamon and aromatic crushed petals. It was no secret that Bento was, claws down, the best at making cider.
As dragons dipped into the cauldron with mugs (each dragon made their own mug, so a few were extremely haphazard), Bento refilled it with additional vats of apple juice and brought it to a comfortable boil.
A strange light was thrown over the whole scene, as it was illuminated by both the crackling orange fire and the glowing blue crystal. A huddle of nocturnes on the ground to my right chatted amiably, sharing a large pile of raw wendigo haunches they had nagged from the table. Daxel and a few other faes perched on Ziva's enormous antlers, munching on pepper-coated crickets.
I let out a contented sigh and folded my wings, happy to simply eat my wendigo haunch, drink my cider, and take in the constant buzz of dragons talking.
There's no place like home.
AXFBrIx.png
[center][b]QuickLore: A Coliseum Brawl[/b] Featuring, in order, Jura, Ravon, and Zaire. It's written from Zaire's point of view. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19227492] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/192275/19227492_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19227493] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/192275/19227493_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14363320] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/143634/14363320_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] The serthis's blow glanced off of the gembond patches on my chest. The spearhead was thrust down towards my stomach from the impact, but I hissed and jumped back, guarding himself with outstretched, solar-blade reinforced wings. [i]A lucky miss...but it won't happen again. There are never two in a row unless it's [b]us[/b] trying to eliminate [b]them[/b]. [/i] Jura darted in quickly, landing the killing blow on the serthis with downward-swiping hooked claws. Ravon covered her from the back, swiping additional serthis away with furious growls. Shadowbinder forbid one of them tried to strike his charge. I almost felt bad for the ones that did - when a beast challenged Jura, they were certain to become [i]very[/i] unfortunate [i]very[/i] quickly. Ravon snapped his jaws around the torso of the final marauding serthis, leaving none left to hinder our progress through the fiery Volcanic Vents. Limping slightly from an injury to my thigh sustained during one of the day's many previous battles, I helped Ravon and Jura gather the spoils from our fallen foes. "It's too hot here," Jura complained, gingerly stepping over a large pool of lava. "I'd rather be fighting in the Ghostlight Ruins or the Waterway." Ravon sighed and nudged a piece of dropped apparel into a leather satchel. "At least it's not daytime, Jura. It's cooler at night." "Urgh, let's go back to the clan, Rav," Jura hissed, flicking her tail in obvious agitation. "We've been fighting for [i]hours[/i]. Let's give [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=204600&tab=dragon&did=20027470]Iris[/url] and some poor trainees a chance in the Mire." I decided that, perhaps, it was time to speak up. "...I'm not meaning to intrude here, Ravon," I mumbled. "But, ah, I do need to see a healer. I may be immortal, but I don't want this one to scar too badly. A clump of gembond on a major muscle could hinder my mobility." Slowly, Ravon turned to me. After thinking for a moment, he nodded slowly. "A good point, Zaire," he rumbled. "I regret to say that I...ah, I'm sorry, I was unaware of your injury." I smiled grimly. "It's not a problem, Ravon. I was not too vocal about it, and it's dark out. In the heat of the battle--" Jura interjected with a smirk. "--no pun intended, heh--" Ravon rolled his eyes at Jura's pun, and I plowed on. "--there was no way to tell. Really, don't feel bad about it." Ravon nodded and unfurled his massive wings. Obviously relieved, Jura followed suit. She was the first to launch into the air, using the scorching puffs of air from the small volcanoes as unstable updrafts. Ravon was next, and he was more slow, deliberate, and cautious with his ascension. Finally, I took a running start, hopped a few times, and launched over a huge pool of lava. The hot air gave me an insane amount of lift - [i]fast[/i]. We were, at long last, on our way home.
QuickLore: A Coliseum Brawl

Featuring, in order, Jura, Ravon, and Zaire. It's written from Zaire's point of view.

19227492_350.png

19227493_350.png

14363320_350.png

The serthis's blow glanced off of the gembond patches on my chest. The spearhead was thrust down towards my stomach from the impact, but I hissed and jumped back, guarding himself with outstretched, solar-blade reinforced wings. A lucky miss...but it won't happen again. There are never two in a row unless it's us trying to eliminate them.
Jura darted in quickly, landing the killing blow on the serthis with downward-swiping hooked claws. Ravon covered her from the back, swiping additional serthis away with furious growls.
Shadowbinder forbid one of them tried to strike his charge. I almost felt bad for the ones that did - when a beast challenged Jura, they were certain to become very unfortunate very quickly.
Ravon snapped his jaws around the torso of the final marauding serthis, leaving none left to hinder our progress through the fiery Volcanic Vents.
Limping slightly from an injury to my thigh sustained during one of the day's many previous battles, I helped Ravon and Jura gather the spoils from our fallen foes.
"It's too hot here," Jura complained, gingerly stepping over a large pool of lava. "I'd rather be fighting in the Ghostlight Ruins or the Waterway."
Ravon sighed and nudged a piece of dropped apparel into a leather satchel. "At least it's not daytime, Jura. It's cooler at night."
"Urgh, let's go back to the clan, Rav," Jura hissed, flicking her tail in obvious agitation. "We've been fighting for hours. Let's give Iris and some poor trainees a chance in the Mire."
I decided that, perhaps, it was time to speak up. "...I'm not meaning to intrude here, Ravon," I mumbled. "But, ah, I do need to see a healer. I may be immortal, but I don't want this one to scar too badly. A clump of gembond on a major muscle could hinder my mobility."
Slowly, Ravon turned to me. After thinking for a moment, he nodded slowly. "A good point, Zaire," he rumbled. "I regret to say that I...ah, I'm sorry, I was unaware of your injury."
I smiled grimly. "It's not a problem, Ravon. I was not too vocal about it, and it's dark out. In the heat of the battle--"
Jura interjected with a smirk. "--no pun intended, heh--" Ravon rolled his eyes at Jura's pun, and I plowed on.
"--there was no way to tell. Really, don't feel bad about it."
Ravon nodded and unfurled his massive wings. Obviously relieved, Jura followed suit. She was the first to launch into the air, using the scorching puffs of air from the small volcanoes as unstable updrafts. Ravon was next, and he was more slow, deliberate, and cautious with his ascension.
Finally, I took a running start, hopped a few times, and launched over a huge pool of lava. The hot air gave me an insane amount of lift - fast.
We were, at long last, on our way home.
AXFBrIx.png
[center][b][s]Extremely Important[/s] QuickLore: Puffs [s]the[/s] and [s]Magic[/s] Dragons[/b] [item=sweetpuff][item=ragepuff] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19227493] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/192275/19227493_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19227492] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/192275/19227492_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Jura, for the love of Shadowbinder, [i]help m[/i]e!" Ravon screamed desperately. Unaccustomed to hearing him ever raise his voice, let alone ask for [i]help[/i], the mulberry Matriarch was at his side in an instant, frills up and claws out. Her eyes flashed with adrenaline, her teeth were sharp and bared - "Ravon, what?! What's wrong?!" She flicked her tail and looked around for the source of his despair, but was unable to spot anything... The male guardian's voice was strained and unsteady. He wa staying as still as he possibly could, but his tail was shaking slightly. "Jura, help! They [i]tickle[/i]! Bahaha!" It was then that Jura noticed what appeared to be several tiny puffballs perched on Ravon's horns and the spines running down his back. At first, she thought they were awful parasites of some sort, but then she heard a tiny, high-pitched tweet from a tan puffball on Ravon's tail. "Ravon," Jura hissed calmly. "[i]What in the name of The Eleven in going on here?[/i]" Ravon held back a giggle. "A...a new species, I think. The...they, um, they like me, but t...They tickle. Really bad. And I don't want to move because - tchchh - I don't want to scare them off!" "Ravon, oh my [i]Shadowbinder[/i]." When she looked closer, Jura noticed the stupidly spindly legs and the idiotically puffy bodies of the tiny birds. They came in blue and tan - and the blue ones seemed to be more active. "Jura, help me. [i]Please[/i]. I don't know what to do....hehhh..." Tears were welling up in Ravon's eyes, apparently he was [i]literally overwhelmed[/i] by how [i]cute[/i] the little creatures were. Since he had scared her so badly with his initial cry for help, Jura decided that she'd just walk off and leave him there for a while. Served him right. "Good luck," Jura held back a chuckle of her own. She turned away from the incessant [i]cheep[/i]-ing of the little things and flicked her tail as she walked off. "You'll need it, I think."
Extremely Important QuickLore: Puffs the and Magic Dragons
Sweetpuff Ragepuff

19227493_350.png

19227492_350.png

"Jura, for the love of Shadowbinder, help me!" Ravon screamed desperately. Unaccustomed to hearing him ever raise his voice, let alone ask for help, the mulberry Matriarch was at his side in an instant, frills up and claws out. Her eyes flashed with adrenaline, her teeth were sharp and bared -
"Ravon, what?! What's wrong?!" She flicked her tail and looked around for the source of his despair, but was unable to spot anything...
The male guardian's voice was strained and unsteady. He wa staying as still as he possibly could, but his tail was shaking slightly.
"Jura, help! They tickle! Bahaha!"
It was then that Jura noticed what appeared to be several tiny puffballs perched on Ravon's horns and the spines running down his back. At first, she thought they were awful parasites of some sort, but then she heard a tiny, high-pitched tweet from a tan puffball on Ravon's tail.
"Ravon," Jura hissed calmly. "What in the name of The Eleven in going on here?"
Ravon held back a giggle. "A...a new species, I think. The...they, um, they like me, but t...They tickle. Really bad. And I don't want to move because - tchchh - I don't want to scare them off!"
"Ravon, oh my Shadowbinder." When she looked closer, Jura noticed the stupidly spindly legs and the idiotically puffy bodies of the tiny birds. They came in blue and tan - and the blue ones seemed to be more active.
"Jura, help me. Please. I don't know what to do....hehhh..." Tears were welling up in Ravon's eyes, apparently he was literally overwhelmed by how cute the little creatures were.
Since he had scared her so badly with his initial cry for help, Jura decided that she'd just walk off and leave him there for a while.
Served him right.
"Good luck," Jura held back a chuckle of her own. She turned away from the incessant cheep-ing of the little things and flicked her tail as she walked off. "You'll need it, I think."
AXFBrIx.png
uhh i'm not dead so don't lock this
uhh i'm not dead so don't lock this
AXFBrIx.png
1 2