Creative Corner
Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.

Starship Prismatica [lore]
Dec 21, 2016 23:11:46

Melova

Please don't post here. I would like to keep this only lore oriented. Pardon for the inconvenience.

Inspired by:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Vermillion Archives
Spaceflight Rising
Awoken, Dreamers, Lost
Shade as a deity
Starship Prismaticas lore is set in a futuristic AU which is made by me taking elements from other user ideas and parts of Sornieths lore. In this universe technology co-exists with magic and they enhance one another.

If you have a few questions, heck, any questions at all, please ask them. I need some nudge in the right direction and questions would help me to further create and develop this lore of mine. You can ask them via PMs or by simply leaving them on my userpage. I dunno, if you want you can also ping me somewhere. I seriously need to answer some questions. Please. Can you see how desperate I am?

Accepted headcannons:
- Most of Spaceflight Rising
- All dragon breeds are roughly the same size and humanoid
tumblr_inline_otj9mwseZs1soemy4_75sq.png Hi. How's it going?

Currently on a three week trip to Croatia. Back at August 20. Til then rarely in forums, will try to answer to pings with hella late replies.
tumblr_inline_otj9n84NiJ1soemy4_75sq.png Some links, I guess.
Apparel layering ideas

HiThisIsASecretTextFullWithSecrets
tumblr_inline_otj9mwseZs1soemy4_75sq.png
Dec 21, 2016 23:15:42

Melova

Database

Introduction || The Universe || Members

Update journal:
2017.07.13 - Scratch that. I think I'm redoing everything a g a i n

Creators notes:
2017.07.01 - Look! There's text! Finally after god-know how long. There's a decent text!!!
2017.07.02 - I have a homeless dragon. Why do I have a homeless dragon aboard the ship?!
2017.07.07 - HOLY HELL! Thank you Averat! You've given me motivation!

Currently on a three week trip to Croatia. Back at August 20. Til then rarely in forums, will try to answer to pings with hella late replies.
Apparel layering ideas

Dec 21, 2016 23:24:09

Melova

Magic

- What is magic -
Essentially magic is vibration and what makes up this universe. It vibrates on different planes/dimentions and bleeds in to this universe. If you can control these vibrations, you can control magic.

- How it influences dragons (body, mind, heart) -
Body shows under what element the dragon was born. It allows them to control said element and influences them to be better adapted on planets who hold bigger percentage of said element. Mind determines how dragon thinks and chooses to act when alone, while heart is how one reacts to the outside world and others.

Apparel layering ideas

Dec 21, 2016 23:34:08

Melova

boo

Apparel layering ideas

Dec 21, 2016 23:42:58

Melova

boo

Apparel layering ideas

Dec 21, 2016 23:43:27

Melova

[ missing data ]

Apparel layering ideas

Dec 21, 2016 23:44:10

Melova

[ missing data ]

Apparel layering ideas

Dec 21, 2016 23:45:03

Melova

Radioactive magic

21374.png

Basics of magic
Magic or otherwise known as energy / ethereal energy is common in Sornieth. There are a total of 11 different energies, they, to some extent, determine how nature will evolve and look. Usually they are evenly spread across the Sornieth and universe, occasionally these energies accumulate together creating denser magical patches where magic becomes more powerful. (accumulations can be of many types, for example Sornieth planet and it's deities, or it can be an accumulation of just one type)

Dense accumulation of magic
In these places, where magic is denser packed, it becomes more powerful, as stated above. It can be a good thing and a bad thing. But first, the good news. For dragons born under a certain element, when in accumulations of their birth element, their powers will increase and their magic will become more powerful. For those who are not born of this element, their powers will decrease. And now on to more negative. These accumulations can grow too big.

When magical accumulations are too dense
Extremely high density accumulations of one type of magic is rare, but luckily rare enough. It's also found in tiny patches, no larger than 5cm at most. (though some estimate that in arcane territories these patches are larger due to the magical explosion from which the Arcanist was born.) When this magic is used it amplifies the dragons magic to unbelievable heights, but there's a catch. It's highly destructive. The power output that surges through the dragon is enough to destroy not only the dragon, but anything in close proximity. Not one can survive using such magic.

Is it a new type of magic?
Not really. Though each of the 11 energies behaves a bit differently, overall the effects are the same. It might as well be called 'dangerous' or 'do not touch' magic. Everyone calls it 'radioactive', though scientists divide it in to 11 types looking at their origin ethereal energy. In a nutshell, radioactive magic is any type of magic crammed in a tiny space.

Apparel layering ideas

Dec 21, 2016 23:45:40

Melova

The Universe

Magic patches in space
In space magic is a lot more mixed than on planets and many accumulations of even opposite forces can be found in one area. These patches

Magical influence

- Magical influence are the elements which make up ones soul so to speak. There are total of three types: body, mind, heart. Each one is responsible for shaping dragons personality as a whole.

Body
- Best represented by earth, as it's the type of magic that everyone can see at a first glance. It manifests in dragons eyes and rules over it's actions when alone.
- The Body can be determined before hatching, looking at ones egg. This magic is purely influenced by the location of the dragon at its birth.
Mind
- Best represented by moon as it's rather personal and often hides. This type influences the thinking of the dragon.
- At the first days of a dragon it's none existent but as time passes on and their personality develops this magic grows stronger. It fluctuates rapidly in those first days but later gets more stable. It happens rather rarely when an adult dragon changes its Mind element, though it can happen.
Heart
- Best represented by sun/star. This type often reveals itself in conversations and interactions with other dragons. Heart rules over actions and reactions to the surrounding world.
- It's rather complicated, but it depends on the alignment of the stars and nearest planets and is set and unchangeable.

Magic, Technology, Magi-Tech

Brief history:
- At the beginning of times dragonkind learned how to use magic. These times were spent on a small planet where they practiced and learned all they could about magic. Some learned how to control it with the help of their mind, some - with the help of different objects. From this the most primitive of magi-tech was derived, however it was soon forgotten and only few continued to practice it. It was, so called, forbidden magic. As time moved on, interest in space was born. The dragonkind wanted to know what was beyond their little planet. They built telescopes, rockets, shuttles and observed the vast space and grew curious as to how they could find themselves among stars.
- However it soon was clear that if they wanted to travel to stars they needed something more. Technology at that time was just too weak. Few began to search in the past. They found scriptures that mentioned robots brought to life by magic. Curious, they researched the subject further. They had rediscovered magi-tech. Fast forward a few decades and first vessel called Hteinros was launched in to orbit. It was the bridge between the planet and the space.

Branches and types:
For more about each subject click the image (currently unavailable)
I advise you to read from top to bottom to fully understand where this AU stands with magic and technology
Iio6VKe.png Magiology
The basic study of magic, its forms and influence. Usually associated with Light flight.
16ItEXe.png Classical tech
Very beginnings of technology. Usually powered by heat energy or steam. In no way powered or connected to magic. Fire flight was the main force behind making this tech.
262.png Modern tech
Electricity powered technology. More complicated. This is where lightning flight shone at the time.
kNkOHu2.png Alchemy / Nano-tech
Applying magic to different substances and rearranging it's atoms to make a different substance aka nano-tech. Usually associated with Arcane flight.
21374.png Radioactive magic
When there are dense accumulations of magic they create so called Radioactive magic. It is dangerous to use with bare hands, so to speak.
wc8VLbl.png Magi-tech
Alchemy and Magi-tech are intertwined to some extent though still separated. Magi-tech is is the technology of applying magic to technology and vice versa. Not associated with any flight.
Qq8TftW.png Space energy
Space energy study is a branch of Magiology. Dragons try to shape the energy of space for their benefit. Usually it's study of stars, black holes and other celestial bodies, it also includes particles.
20119.png Breakdown effect
Still relatively new branch. It's the study of Shade, its magic and influence. Little is known about it though it's believed that it could help further evolve magi-tech. Presumed to be energy from higher dimentions or other worlds it's fairly unstable when observed. Effects vary from observer to observer, are rarely predictable and rarely repeatable.

Shade

Note: In this universe Shade did not attack the planet nor dragons. It simply exists as a force of nature.

History
- Little is known about Shade. It was first seen when dragonkind turned their telescopes at the space for the first time. They saw empty patches of space with nothing in them except for many eyes, limbs, heads. It is not describable and is beyond comprehension of three dimentional beings.
- At first it was simply dismissed as an error, a broken machinerys fault. But the harder they looked the more persistent it was. So they continued to observe it. For many years dragons had tried to unravel these mysterious patches but to no avail. They hoped that with each new technology answers would come yet only more questions stood in their place. In order to find out what it was they had to enter the space.
- When they finally did leave the planet it seemed as though, no matter how far they travel, it stays forever away and keeps the same distance. It was no way anyone could come close to these patches and hope was starting to fade until a faithful mishap happened in the magi-research laboratories. Somehow one of the researchers managed to create Shade from simple magic. It was further researched. Dragonkind determined that it was a different magic. Not of different type, but completely otherworldly. It didn't obey any common laws of how magic should behave. So it was named the Breakdown effect.
- Whenever it was near magic it seemed to fluctuate, vibrate, change. Effects varied from one experiment to another and were never replicated fully. Thus a new branch of science was born.

Apparel layering ideas

Dec 28, 2016 10:47:38

Melova

Arrival

A few passengers behind you are chatting. It's not really a privilege anymore, but a common thing to be aboard a space ship. But first you have to take a short flight to it in the in-between vessel. All those security checks back there... You notice that a pearlcatcher has stepped in. Rather fancy. He starts to talk.

33781342p.png
I will remind you, dear passengers, that the in-between vessel will carry you all in to Starship Prismatica once you're in your seats. ... Thank you. We apologize for the security measures, but it's necessary. The journey itself will take no longer than few minutes. Until then, you are welcomed to take a look at the possibilities we can offer to you.

The screen in the back of the seat starts to glow. An advertisement appears.

Quote:

- Welcome to Starship Prismatica -

- We welcome you on our starship. Equipped with standard regulation technology which gets checked daily to ensure your safety while you're aboard. Prismatica is type S.h2-d0w level two mothership which can hold up to 95 total passengers including their individual vessels.

Available for guests:

- Guest restaurant "Superstar Jupiter"
Spicy, exotic and even classical meals from all around the corners of the galaxy! Each dragon will receive 15% discount if they order meal that's native to their flight.
- Main central
Take a break in the main central. Chat with your friends, family or staff. Find small stands full with trinkets, snacks and other goodies.
- Hotel district
Spend your nights in the hotel district, in your personal room.
- Guest bar
Need a drink? The guest bar will guarantee you will find a refreshing drink. Alcoholic or no, either way it will suit your taste.
- Arcade hall
Games, games, games. Compete against others, win tokens and exchange them for awesome prizes.

Schedule:
- Every Friday from 20:00 to 23:00 entertaining show in Superstar Jupiter

Finally, after few minutes the in-between ship arrives. It stops in spot intended for it. Outside you can see other vessels, probably they are personal ones. Few dragons are washing some of them, others refill them. The pearlcatcher once again steps in front of everyone.

33781342p.png
We have arrived. Thank you for your patience, have a nice stay at Starship Prismatica.

He then steps out accompanied by the pilot. Some passengers follow right behind them in anticipation. Hatchling, ofcourse, are the first ones to get outside. Their parents call for them not to rush off. Only the adults are in the in-between ship now. You find a wide opening in the queue and step in it. Once you're finally outside it's up to you where you want to go.

Apparel layering ideas