Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Together... ~a Pinkerlocke~
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
[center][b]Day 56(Post 29) - Death, who came down from the sky...[/b] [item=Bamboo shoot] Sentence : Writing, Coli[/center] _______________________________________________________________________________________ Wisteria glanced over the Imperial before them, her mind searching desperately for a hold of how she knew him. She was certain that they had met before, but she had been with Vice and Buttercup for as long as she could remember, and she was certain that he was not of her birth clan. Her eyes widened with a realization. When she was going to her new clan, in the airship high above the world, when the ship was destroyed and all she could do was watch in fear at the explosion in the sky or the ground coming closer. Death itself had appeared with a white star on its forehead, grabbing her in its vile claws. She had passed out, but awoke later, alone, underneath some poor creatures rib cage. That is when she started running. One look at the white star on the Imperial's forehead, and she bowed low to the ground. "Thank you for saving me!". The words tumbled out of her mouth. The dragons of the Den looked at their leader, then up to the equally confused Imp. [b]"Saving you...? What nonsense are you talking about?"[/b] The Imp snarled, furrowing his brows at the odd dragon's reaction. "You saved my life, when I was a hatchling. I'm certain of it!" Her eyes had an admirable sparkle in them as she gazed at the dragon. "In the plague lands, The airship.....my clan....." Wisteria bit her lip. [b]"I don't know what......"[/b] He stilled for just a moment, thinking back. His brows raised. [b]"....The hatchling from the airship.........It collided. And among the air, a still breathing hatchling. Did I put you under a mammoth's ribs?"[/b] "Yes!" She grinned excitedly as the Imperial seemed to remember her. "Everyone, settle down. Please, good sir. Sit down with us, do tell why you've come. I can make some tea and- and we can have a full, proper, conversation. Vice, grab the mints! Everyone, be lively!". If there were a competition for synchronized jaw dropping, the Dragons of the Den would have won in that instant. Be looked from Wisteria to the newcomer, then to Vice. The Spiral shrugged and reluctantly left to get the mint from their storage. The dark Imp was left just as confused as everyone else at the sudden change in tone. He could only sit until the tea was made, and everyone gathered round for a "proper conversation". Whatever that was.... A small fire was lit to heat the tea before everyone got a bowl. The Imperial stared at the bowl awkwardly clutched in his claws, trying to figure out the best way to drink the tea. Not wanting to be rude and reject it, but also not wanting to spill it, the Imp was stuck staring at the liquid in the bowl. Eventually, he sighed, said a little prayer, and threw the contents of the bowl back into his opened jaw. While unconventional, it did its purpose, and the Imp was able to set the bowl down. "So, mister. You don't need to yell here. You can lower your voice...and perhaps start by telling us your name?" Wissi sipped at her tea. While she seemed comfortable about the Imp who had threatened them earlier in the day, the rest of the dragons were still on edge. "My name? Actaeon." Actaeon attempted to lower his voice. He was use to having a bolded way of talking, though perhaps it might have come off as shouting to others. "It's nice to meet you!-" "Ihf you're ahn Imp, why do ya have feathers....and fur?" Frederica interrupted, slightly annoyed. "I was born this way." Actaeon answered truthfully, matching her annoyed tone. "Why are you here....?" Vice asked, irritated. Circe rubbed his arm and handed him his tea. Be growled slightly and looked away. "To talk to the Guardian. I must ask you about the beast you saw...." Buttercup tilted her head, now focused on the Imperial. "Do you mean.....Were you the one fighting it? Then....you also saved me...." The Guardian smiled lightly as Actaeon nodded. "Well then, you have done us all two huge favors." Wisteria smiled broadly. "Mister Actaeon, those beasts....You seem to know how to fight them. I'm assuming you have an interest in them, but....what are they?" Vice remembered Be's account of the monster she had seen, back when it was only five of them. The monster that had made them relocate to the creek. Hemlock peered at Actaeon with interest, whereas Cecelia gripped his arm in slight fear. She patted the top of Eric's head to prevent him from worrying, but he seemed to know her true emotions either way. Actaeon tsked, then sighed, before finally speaking. "Listen up. You are right. I hunt those monsters. They are a danger, perhaps rivaling that of the Emperor.". At this, Frederica and Lonnie seemed to perk up, while Panore joined Cecelia in cowering. "I have been referring to them simply as Blood Beasts." ____________________________________________________________________________________ @Leopardmask @AnnaStar353 @Belviere @AmmieKatt @KyloRen @Skyeset @DragonWarrior333 @Metroid @CrimsonSakura @patchedprankster @LadyFang @ScarletSultan @SybilRamkin @ScarletTheDragon @QueenCobra Well, it's back to the side. I only got one response for it, so the posts will continue to be left inclined. I made a pun in today's post if you can find it! Tell me what you guys think of the story, or characters, ect. I'd love to hear your opinions! ^^
Day 56(Post 29) - Death, who came down from the sky...
Bamboo Shoot
Sentence : Writing, Coli
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Wisteria glanced over the Imperial before them, her mind searching desperately for a hold of how she knew him. She was certain that they had met before, but she had been with Vice and Buttercup for as long as she could remember, and she was certain that he was not of her birth clan.

Her eyes widened with a realization. When she was going to her new clan, in the airship high above the world, when the ship was destroyed and all she could do was watch in fear at the explosion in the sky or the ground coming closer. Death itself had appeared with a white star on its forehead, grabbing her in its vile claws. She had passed out, but awoke later, alone, underneath some poor creatures rib cage. That is when she started running.

One look at the white star on the Imperial's forehead, and she bowed low to the ground. "Thank you for saving me!". The words tumbled out of her mouth. The dragons of the Den looked at their leader, then up to the equally confused Imp.

"Saving you...? What nonsense are you talking about?" The Imp snarled, furrowing his brows at the odd dragon's reaction.

"You saved my life, when I was a hatchling. I'm certain of it!" Her eyes had an admirable sparkle in them as she gazed at the dragon. "In the plague lands, The airship.....my clan....." Wisteria bit her lip.

"I don't know what......" He stilled for just a moment, thinking back. His brows raised. "....The hatchling from the airship.........It collided. And among the air, a still breathing hatchling. Did I put you under a mammoth's ribs?"

"Yes!" She grinned excitedly as the Imperial seemed to remember her. "Everyone, settle down. Please, good sir. Sit down with us, do tell why you've come. I can make some tea and- and we can have a full, proper, conversation. Vice, grab the mints! Everyone, be lively!". If there were a competition for synchronized jaw dropping, the Dragons of the Den would have won in that instant. Be looked from Wisteria to the newcomer, then to Vice. The Spiral shrugged and reluctantly left to get the mint from their storage.

The dark Imp was left just as confused as everyone else at the sudden change in tone. He could only sit until the tea was made, and everyone gathered round for a "proper conversation". Whatever that was....

A small fire was lit to heat the tea before everyone got a bowl. The Imperial stared at the bowl awkwardly clutched in his claws, trying to figure out the best way to drink the tea. Not wanting to be rude and reject it, but also not wanting to spill it, the Imp was stuck staring at the liquid in the bowl. Eventually, he sighed, said a little prayer, and threw the contents of the bowl back into his opened jaw. While unconventional, it did its purpose, and the Imp was able to set the bowl down.

"So, mister. You don't need to yell here. You can lower your voice...and perhaps start by telling us your name?" Wissi sipped at her tea. While she seemed comfortable about the Imp who had threatened them earlier in the day, the rest of the dragons were still on edge.

"My name? Actaeon." Actaeon attempted to lower his voice. He was use to having a bolded way of talking, though perhaps it might have come off as shouting to others.

"It's nice to meet you!-"

"Ihf you're ahn Imp, why do ya have feathers....and fur?" Frederica interrupted, slightly annoyed.

"I was born this way." Actaeon answered truthfully, matching her annoyed tone.

"Why are you here....?" Vice asked, irritated. Circe rubbed his arm and handed him his tea. Be growled slightly and looked away.

"To talk to the Guardian. I must ask you about the beast you saw...." Buttercup tilted her head, now focused on the Imperial.

"Do you mean.....Were you the one fighting it? Then....you also saved me...." The Guardian smiled lightly as Actaeon nodded.

"Well then, you have done us all two huge favors." Wisteria smiled broadly.

"Mister Actaeon, those beasts....You seem to know how to fight them. I'm assuming you have an interest in them, but....what are they?" Vice remembered Be's account of the monster she had seen, back when it was only five of them. The monster that had made them relocate to the creek. Hemlock peered at Actaeon with interest, whereas Cecelia gripped his arm in slight fear. She patted the top of Eric's head to prevent him from worrying, but he seemed to know her true emotions either way.

Actaeon tsked, then sighed, before finally speaking. "Listen up. You are right. I hunt those monsters. They are a danger, perhaps rivaling that of the Emperor.". At this, Frederica and Lonnie seemed to perk up, while Panore joined Cecelia in cowering. "I have been referring to them simply as Blood Beasts."

____________________________________________________________________________________
@Leopardmask @AnnaStar353 @Belviere @AmmieKatt @KyloRen @Skyeset @DragonWarrior333 @Metroid @CrimsonSakura @patchedprankster @LadyFang @ScarletSultan @SybilRamkin @ScarletTheDragon @QueenCobra

Well, it's back to the side. I only got one response for it, so the posts will continue to be left inclined. I made a pun in today's post if you can find it!
Tell me what you guys think of the story, or characters, ect. I'd love to hear your opinions! ^^
Hello
Nice! Too tired to find the pun, but I loved the story! ^-^
Nice! Too tired to find the pun, but I loved the story! ^-^
oie_Xj_B1a3gk_Y0hg.png dd10gp3-d6cdf0fa-96e4-470f-9bc4-70fee79f755e.png SKsJX7z.png
@Deathwolf555 Is it this? [quote]"My name? Actaeon." Actaeon attempted to lower his voice. He was use to having a bolded way of talking, though perhaps it might have come off as shouting to others.[/quote] Also, "Blood Beasts" sounds [i]ominous[/i]. I feel like there should be dramatic music accompanying that last sentence. XD
@Deathwolf555
Is it this?
Quote:
"My name? Actaeon." Actaeon attempted to lower his voice. He was use to having a bolded way of talking, though perhaps it might have come off as shouting to others.
Also, "Blood Beasts" sounds ominous. I feel like there should be dramatic music accompanying that last sentence. XD
lUc1aX6.gifOnQ3zz1.gifoob_crest_100_by_cthulucy-db2ny03.png
@Belviere

....*sweats* You got it. XD

Probably. I don't think Actaeon would be saying it all dramatically though XD More like a "Look, this is a thing. Don't be stupid and find one" tone. I do like my fair share of dramatic music though!
@Belviere

....*sweats* You got it. XD

Probably. I don't think Actaeon would be saying it all dramatically though XD More like a "Look, this is a thing. Don't be stupid and find one" tone. I do like my fair share of dramatic music though!
Hello
@Deathwolf555
I think it's less the way he says it and more the name itself. "Blood Beast" does not sound friendly at all. XD
@Deathwolf555
I think it's less the way he says it and more the name itself. "Blood Beast" does not sound friendly at all. XD
@Belviere

You're definitely right about that. The name does make me smile though for spoiler reasons.
@Belviere

You're definitely right about that. The name does make me smile though for spoiler reasons.
Hello
@Deathwolf555
Aw, no, why did you tell me that, now I'm going to want to know what the spoiler is. DX
@Deathwolf555
Aw, no, why did you tell me that, now I'm going to want to know what the spoiler is. DX
@Deathwolf555
Love how the Pinkerlocke is going! Could I be added to the pinglist?
@Deathwolf555
Love how the Pinkerlocke is going! Could I be added to the pinglist?
T7Qk8Sh.pngBVq8q9P.pngtj85yjR.pngnGvTyg3.pngAf2FgF8.png
@StormyPhoenix29

I'm glad to hear you like it! Sure thing, I'll add you to the pinglist. You'll be notified the next time it updates, which should hopefully be soon!
@StormyPhoenix29

I'm glad to hear you like it! Sure thing, I'll add you to the pinglist. You'll be notified the next time it updates, which should hopefully be soon!
Hello
[center][b]Day 57(post 30) - Blood Beasts[/b] [item=Parasitic Fungus][item=Black Tulip] Sentence : Adopt a Dragon, Coli[/center] _______________________________________________________________________________________ "An infection is the most likely cause, considering they originate from the Wyrmwound. From what I've seen." Actaeon spoke, trying his best to describe the things he had been hunting. "Once the first worm rears its head from the skin, they are already too far gone. These worms are made from the blood of its host, controlled by the parasite inside them. They wrap around the host as a shield, being able to harden presumably at will." Vice shook his head in disbelief. "So...you're saying essentially...They're invincible." "Not quite. A barrage of attacks can get through the shield. The only way to stop it completely is to destroy the host. The body of the dragon it has taken over. It's not too hard to do, considering they are most likely a mad,[b] festering, barely living-[/b]" Actaeon took pause to control himself. "Little more than a corpse. A little damage to the chest should do it. But, I came here to....talk to the one who saw it. The Guardian. You." He glanced over at Buttercup, who squeaked at the sudden attention on her. "Me...? Oh, yes..." "There is a possibility that since it saw you, and you got away, it could have marked you. Mentally. It escaped from me as well. But, it could be hunting you as its next prey. I came here....to both warn you of that, and to observe you. If, by chance, you are infected, or marked, then I am here to....err...well...." "Kill me." Buttercup finished the sentence for him. Vice puffed up and broke away from Circe, wrapping around the Guardian. "If you think you're putting one claw near her-" Wisteria held up her foot, and the Spiral silenced his rage. "It's okay. I'm not upset. I do not wish to cause harm to those I love...." Be spoke, nuzzling Vice and causing him to turn red. She flicked a side glance at Circe, who scowled. Actaeon nodded. "I am....glad you are understanding. For now, I shall remain with you." "Hey-" Vice started up again, "Who said you could stay?!" "I did" Wisteria spoke. "He has done both Buttercup and I a favor at extending our lives." "And now he's threatening to end hers!" "If absolutely necessary. Mister Actaeon did not say he would slaughter her here and now, did he?" "Well..." Vice's ears flattened, and he deflated, pulling himself closer to the Guardian. Lonnie smiled, before glancing back at Panore. He frowned, and looked around. The Ridgeback was not there. "Hey guys, did anyone see where Panore went?" The Wildclaw stood, beginning to panic. The ground was moist underneath Panore's feet as she walked along, squeezing the dirt between her toes. The air was stagnant, calm above her head. The talk of diseases and beasts had unsettled her, and so she had walked off to clear her mind. Above her, some ways up, a pack of talonok squabbled over something. It seemed that anything with a language just liked arguing. Like her home, where she had fled. No one used their voice for anything useful, no. Barks and shouts were used against one another in a pitiless show of ego. It was why she had poisoned her own. She would never use her voice against her "subjects" in such a manner, and if that was what was expected of her, then she made it sure she would never use her voice again. Besides, Lonnie did enough talking for the both of them. The squawking got louder as a rumble sounded. Panore glanced up at the cliffside she was next to, noticing too late the boulder that fell- a product of the argument above her. It slammed into her back, causing her to fall. Panore shook her head, dazed from the impact. Panic took over a moment later as she found that her legs would not move on command. Neither her wings. They were stuck in the position they lay, ignoring mental command. It was a small boulder, compared to her, but it had hit her in just the right spot where it took away her movement. Opening her mouth to call out, she remembered the effects of the potion she had taken so many moons ago. Her voice would never sound again, her legs would never walk again, and she had no clue how far away she was from Lonnie, or anyone else. With quiet resolve, her claw went to the rock face she lay next to, carving slowly into it. A crude picture of a smiling Wildclaw, an effigy of her friend to keep her company. Panore smiled, ignoring the fat tears rolling down her cheeks, and rested her head by her picture, closing her eyes. It was here where she would lay, moribund and unmoving, until it was starvation, blood loss, or acceptation that caused her soul to leave her broken body. From the trees, a pair of small eyes blinked, before glancing at its familiar. The Lizard flicked out its tongue, and the young dragon yawned, curling up on its back, bored. The Lizard began walking away, headed towards where the Ridgeback had came. ____________________________________________________________________________________ @Leopardmask @AnnaStar353 @Belviere @AmmieKatt @KyloRen @Skyeset @DragonWarrior333 @Metroid @CrimsonSakura @patchedprankster @LadyFang @ScarletSultan @SybilRamkin @ScarletTheDragon @QueenCobra @StormyPhoenix29 Panore has died. Originally, I didn't think I'd be affected this much because I hadn't gotten around to using her much yet, but writing this, I found myself closer to crying than I would have thought. I'm also cursing myself, thinking of the plans I had for her. Argh. I hate the coli. Because we lost a dragon, Pinkerton thought it was only fair we got another one. So the den count actually doesn't go down. Panore isn't up for adoption because I had to exalt her for room. My apologies for that. We will officially meet the new dragon next time.
Day 57(post 30) - Blood Beasts
Parasitic Fungus Black Tulip
Sentence : Adopt a Dragon, Coli
_______________________________________________________________________________________

"An infection is the most likely cause, considering they originate from the Wyrmwound. From what I've seen." Actaeon spoke, trying his best to describe the things he had been hunting. "Once the first worm rears its head from the skin, they are already too far gone. These worms are made from the blood of its host, controlled by the parasite inside them. They wrap around the host as a shield, being able to harden presumably at will." Vice shook his head in disbelief.

"So...you're saying essentially...They're invincible."

"Not quite. A barrage of attacks can get through the shield. The only way to stop it completely is to destroy the host. The body of the dragon it has taken over. It's not too hard to do, considering they are most likely a mad, festering, barely living-" Actaeon took pause to control himself. "Little more than a corpse. A little damage to the chest should do it. But, I came here to....talk to the one who saw it. The Guardian. You." He glanced over at Buttercup, who squeaked at the sudden attention on her.

"Me...? Oh, yes..."

"There is a possibility that since it saw you, and you got away, it could have marked you. Mentally. It escaped from me as well. But, it could be hunting you as its next prey. I came here....to both warn you of that, and to observe you. If, by chance, you are infected, or marked, then I am here to....err...well...."

"Kill me." Buttercup finished the sentence for him. Vice puffed up and broke away from Circe, wrapping around the Guardian.

"If you think you're putting one claw near her-" Wisteria held up her foot, and the Spiral silenced his rage.

"It's okay. I'm not upset. I do not wish to cause harm to those I love...." Be spoke, nuzzling Vice and causing him to turn red. She flicked a side glance at Circe, who scowled. Actaeon nodded.

"I am....glad you are understanding. For now, I shall remain with you."

"Hey-" Vice started up again, "Who said you could stay?!"

"I did" Wisteria spoke. "He has done both Buttercup and I a favor at extending our lives."

"And now he's threatening to end hers!"

"If absolutely necessary. Mister Actaeon did not say he would slaughter her here and now, did he?"

"Well..." Vice's ears flattened, and he deflated, pulling himself closer to the Guardian. Lonnie smiled, before glancing back at Panore. He frowned, and looked around. The Ridgeback was not there.

"Hey guys, did anyone see where Panore went?" The Wildclaw stood, beginning to panic.

The ground was moist underneath Panore's feet as she walked along, squeezing the dirt between her toes. The air was stagnant, calm above her head. The talk of diseases and beasts had unsettled her, and so she had walked off to clear her mind. Above her, some ways up, a pack of talonok squabbled over something.

It seemed that anything with a language just liked arguing. Like her home, where she had fled. No one used their voice for anything useful, no. Barks and shouts were used against one another in a pitiless show of ego. It was why she had poisoned her own. She would never use her voice against her "subjects" in such a manner, and if that was what was expected of her, then she made it sure she would never use her voice again. Besides, Lonnie did enough talking for the both of them.

The squawking got louder as a rumble sounded. Panore glanced up at the cliffside she was next to, noticing too late the boulder that fell- a product of the argument above her. It slammed into her back, causing her to fall. Panore shook her head, dazed from the impact. Panic took over a moment later as she found that her legs would not move on command. Neither her wings. They were stuck in the position they lay, ignoring mental command.

It was a small boulder, compared to her, but it had hit her in just the right spot where it took away her movement. Opening her mouth to call out, she remembered the effects of the potion she had taken so many moons ago. Her voice would never sound again, her legs would never walk again, and she had no clue how far away she was from Lonnie, or anyone else.

With quiet resolve, her claw went to the rock face she lay next to, carving slowly into it. A crude picture of a smiling Wildclaw, an effigy of her friend to keep her company. Panore smiled, ignoring the fat tears rolling down her cheeks, and rested her head by her picture, closing her eyes. It was here where she would lay, moribund and unmoving, until it was starvation, blood loss, or acceptation that caused her soul to leave her broken body.

From the trees, a pair of small eyes blinked, before glancing at its familiar. The Lizard flicked out its tongue, and the young dragon yawned, curling up on its back, bored. The Lizard began walking away, headed towards where the Ridgeback had came.
____________________________________________________________________________________

@Leopardmask @AnnaStar353 @Belviere @AmmieKatt @KyloRen @Skyeset @DragonWarrior333 @Metroid @CrimsonSakura @patchedprankster @LadyFang @ScarletSultan @SybilRamkin @ScarletTheDragon @QueenCobra @StormyPhoenix29

Panore has died. Originally, I didn't think I'd be affected this much because I hadn't gotten around to using her much yet, but writing this, I found myself closer to crying than I would have thought. I'm also cursing myself, thinking of the plans I had for her. Argh. I hate the coli.

Because we lost a dragon, Pinkerton thought it was only fair we got another one. So the den count actually doesn't go down. Panore isn't up for adoption because I had to exalt her for room. My apologies for that. We will officially meet the new dragon next time.
Hello
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17