Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Free stories/lore [Open-ish]
1 2 3 4 5 6
In the mood to write stuff for people. If you want some examples there are a couple in my art/lore shop here

Since I have an actual lore shop, I want to make a couple rules:
1. Only one free story per person
2. Maximum of two main characters per story
3. Don't normally expect anything longer than the examples in the shop (for free I mean)
4. I reserve the right to reject a request I have no inspiration for
5. Let me know if I'm allowed to use the story I write you as an example ;)

To get a free story please do this: I'm trying to fix my hatchery prices right now, so I want you to click that banner in my signature, pick a pair you like (or just random), and give me the price you'd pay for it. You don't have to buy a dragon or anything. I just want data :3

Please let me know a little bit about personalities and what you want written because, after all, I still want you to be happy with the product you receive! If you actually are not sure what you want written, throw me a dragon and I'll see if it inspires me to write something.

Also, even though this is free, tips are appreciated, but feel no obligation. If you like my writing and want more you can go ahead and order more at my shop :) (Where I can also expand on the story I've written for you if you'd like. I'll only ask for enough to cover the extra you want written, not the stuff already done.)

Status: Eeeeee, a little tired of writing right now to be honest, but I need some stuff for when I do feel like writing later.
In the mood to write stuff for people. If you want some examples there are a couple in my art/lore shop here

Since I have an actual lore shop, I want to make a couple rules:
1. Only one free story per person
2. Maximum of two main characters per story
3. Don't normally expect anything longer than the examples in the shop (for free I mean)
4. I reserve the right to reject a request I have no inspiration for
5. Let me know if I'm allowed to use the story I write you as an example ;)

To get a free story please do this: I'm trying to fix my hatchery prices right now, so I want you to click that banner in my signature, pick a pair you like (or just random), and give me the price you'd pay for it. You don't have to buy a dragon or anything. I just want data :3

Please let me know a little bit about personalities and what you want written because, after all, I still want you to be happy with the product you receive! If you actually are not sure what you want written, throw me a dragon and I'll see if it inspires me to write something.

Also, even though this is free, tips are appreciated, but feel no obligation. If you like my writing and want more you can go ahead and order more at my shop :) (Where I can also expand on the story I've written for you if you'd like. I'll only ask for enough to cover the extra you want written, not the stuff already done.)

Status: Eeeeee, a little tired of writing right now to be honest, but I need some stuff for when I do feel like writing later.
PMb4IFn.png
@UnseenRangerGal I have no inspiration for him... [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25226753] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/252268/25226753_350.png[/img] [/url]
@UnseenRangerGal I have no inspiration for him...

25226753_350.png

dragonqueen45_zpsqx0smonl.png

r7LsxK2.png
gO65MzA.pngorange+omalleycat.pnga+black cat.pnga+brindle cat.pnga+orane an dblack cat.pnga+pumpkin.png
@dragonqueen45
Okay, so you don't mind me taking complete artistic liberty with what I write? Do I need to know anything about your clan so no lore crashes happen?
@dragonqueen45
Okay, so you don't mind me taking complete artistic liberty with what I write? Do I need to know anything about your clan so no lore crashes happen?
PMb4IFn.png
@UnseenRangerGal Yeah, that's great, you can totally make it up. And not really, I adopt lroe dragons and I've tried to connect them but overall it's a mess. You don't have to make it connect to other dragons in the lair unless you want to.
@UnseenRangerGal Yeah, that's great, you can totally make it up. And not really, I adopt lroe dragons and I've tried to connect them but overall it's a mess. You don't have to make it connect to other dragons in the lair unless you want to.

dragonqueen45_zpsqx0smonl.png

r7LsxK2.png
gO65MzA.pngorange+omalleycat.pnga+black cat.pnga+brindle cat.pnga+orane an dblack cat.pnga+pumpkin.png
@UnseenRangerGal Could you write something for this fellow? He is a clown and his best friend has some lore that might help. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=193086&did=19805071]here[/url] He works in managing the hoard. Clan lore is on my profile if you need anything else! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19646816] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/196469/19646816_350.png[/img] [/url]
@UnseenRangerGal
Could you write something for this fellow? He is a clown and his best friend has some lore that might help. here He works in managing the hoard. Clan lore is on my profile if you need anything else!

19646816_350.png
tumblr_o1veu11RHG1v5pacoo3_100.pngQiZFijL.png9xlbxdH.png
@dragonqueen45 I hope you like it! The first one is just the story. The second is the coded version (so that the italics and whatnot are included) [quote=Pluto][center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25226753] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/252268/25226753.png[/img] [/url][/center] Pluto was always know to be a loner in the clan. The shadowy look about him and the way he carried himself exuded a kind of self-confidence that was... intimidating to say the least. It was a cool autumn night when it happened. Once again, Pluto was sitting by himself somewhere just outside the clan's main area. To the outside observer, he seemed to just be thinking very deeply about something surely incredibly important and meaningful. In some ways, this was true. However, what Pluto was really doing was watching the stars; he wondered if there would be a day he could reach them and how he would do it. Normally, Pluto could look at the stars for hours, but something was different this time: one particular star seemed to sparkle a little differently. In fact, it seemed to be a little [i]closer[/i]? He reached up. The "star" flew to him and he blinked, confused. It was a firefly. He smiled to himself and knew. [i]The stars might not be so hard to reach after all[/i] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/1996951][size=1]Lore by UnseenRangerGal[/size][/url] [/quote] The code if you want it for your dragon's bio: [code] Pluto was always know to be a loner in the clan. The shadowy look about him and the way he carried himself exuded a kind of self-confidence that was... intimidating to say the least. It was a cool autumn night when it happened. Once again, Pluto was sitting by himself somewhere just outside the clan's main area. To the outside observer, he seemed to just be thinking very deeply about something surely incredibly important and meaningful. In some ways, this was true. However, what Pluto was really doing was watching the stars; he wondered if there would be a day he could reach them and how he would do it. Normally, Pluto could look at the stars for hours, but something was different this time: one particular star seemed to sparkle a little differently. In fact, it seemed to be a little [i]closer[/i]? He reached up. The "star" flew to him and he blinked, confused. It was a firefly. He smiled to himself and knew. [i]The stars might not be so hard to reach after all[/i] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/1996951][size=1]Lore by UnseenRangerGal[/size][/url] [/code]
@dragonqueen45
I hope you like it! The first one is just the story. The second is the coded version (so that the italics and whatnot are included)
Pluto wrote:
Pluto was always know to be a loner in the clan. The shadowy look about him and the way he carried himself exuded a kind of self-confidence that was... intimidating to say the least.

It was a cool autumn night when it happened.

Once again, Pluto was sitting by himself somewhere just outside the clan's main area. To the outside observer, he seemed to just be thinking very deeply about something surely incredibly important and meaningful. In some ways, this was true. However, what Pluto was really doing was watching the stars; he wondered if there would be a day he could reach them and how he would do it.

Normally, Pluto could look at the stars for hours, but something was different this time: one particular star seemed to sparkle a little differently. In fact, it seemed to be a little closer?

He reached up.

The "star" flew to him and he blinked, confused. It was a firefly. He smiled to himself and knew.

The stars might not be so hard to reach after all

Lore by UnseenRangerGal

The code if you want it for your dragon's bio:
Code:
Pluto was always know to be a loner in the clan. The shadowy look about him and the way he carried himself exuded a kind of self-confidence that was... intimidating to say the least. It was a cool autumn night when it happened. Once again, Pluto was sitting by himself somewhere just outside the clan's main area. To the outside observer, he seemed to just be thinking very deeply about something surely incredibly important and meaningful. In some ways, this was true. However, what Pluto was really doing was watching the stars; he wondered if there would be a day he could reach them and how he would do it. Normally, Pluto could look at the stars for hours, but something was different this time: one particular star seemed to sparkle a little differently. In fact, it seemed to be a little [i]closer[/i]? He reached up. The "star" flew to him and he blinked, confused. It was a firefly. He smiled to himself and knew. [i]The stars might not be so hard to reach after all[/i] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/1996951][size=1]Lore by UnseenRangerGal[/size][/url]
PMb4IFn.png
@blergyps Not sure this is what you were looking for... but this is what I was inspired to write. I hope you like it! [quote] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19646816] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/196469/19646816.png[/img] [/url][/center] If you used one word to describe Yagil, it'd be spirited, but Yagil was so much [i]more[/i] than that. It was never easy to be in the Fallen Creek clan. It was simply so demanding, but it was all for the good of the group, right? Yagil understood this much. It was only too bad he didn't always apply this understanding to his actions. [center]~~~[/center] Yagil tumbled out of a bush and shook his head back and forth to get rid of the leaves that had gathered in his scale. He picked himself up and glanced back and forth. Roi [i]did[/i] say to meet here, right? Or maybe it was.... Oh, there Roi was! Of course! Like he'd get something as simple as a meeting place wrong. How absurd. "Hey!" Yagil called out in a boisterous voice. "There you are!" Roi groaned, "does everything you say have to be so loud?" "Yes, yes it does." Yagil grinned crookedly at Roi. It was such an endearing smile. Roi couldn't stay mad at that. "Anyway, I just wanted to talk to you about something." Roi shifted back and forth on his feet. "Pft, of course! Why else would you call me out while I'm cataloging our hoard. You know how important it is." Yagil batted his eyelashes and laughed to himself. He looked so... [i]naive[/i]. Roi couldn't do it. Roi couldn't tell Yagil what was bothering him. Yagil wouldn't understand. Not now at least. Roi shook his head. "Nevermind, I guess I'm just thinking too hard." Yagil tilted his head. He knew what that meant. He knew what a lot of things meant. Other dragons frequently underestimated him and it bothered him a little. He never expected Roi to treat him the same way. He could only hope Roi would one day figure it out, so he glanced up at Roi cheekily and just said: "That's fine! Just feel free to always let me know if you need anything!" [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/1996951][size=1]Lore by UnseenRangerGal[/size][/url][/quote] [code] If you used one word to describe Yagil, it'd be spirited, but Yagil was so much [i]more[/i] than that. It was never easy to be in the Fallen Creek clan. It was simply so demanding, but it was all for the good of the group, right? Yagil understood this much. It was only too bad he didn't always apply this understanding to his actions. [center]~~~[/center] Yagil tumbled out of a bush and shook his head back and forth to get rid of the leaves that had gathered in his scale. He picked himself up and glanced back and forth. Roi [i]did[/i] say to meet here, right? Or maybe it was.... Oh, there Roi was! Of course! Like he'd get something as simple as a meeting place wrong. How absurd. "Hey!" Yagil called out in a boisterous voice. "There you are!" Roi groaned, "does everything you say have to be so loud?" "Yes, yes it does." Yagil grinned crookedly at Roi. It was such an endearing smile. Roi couldn't stay mad at that. "Anyway, I just wanted to talk to you about something." Roi shifted back and forth on his feet. "Pft, of course! Why else would you call me out while I'm cataloging our hoard. You know how important it is." Yagil batted his eyelashes and laughed to himself. He looked so... [i]naive[/i]. Roi couldn't do it. Roi couldn't tell Yagil what was bothering him. Yagil wouldn't understand. Not now at least. Roi shook his head. "Nevermind, I guess I'm just thinking too hard." Yagil tilted his head. He knew what that meant. He knew what a lot of things meant. Other dragons frequently underestimated him and it bothered him a little. He never expected Roi to treat him the same way. He could only hope Roi would one day figure it out, so he glanced up at Roi cheekily and just said: "That's fine! Just feel free to always let me know if you need anything!" [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/1996951][size=1]Lore by UnseenRangerGal[/size][/url] [/code]
@blergyps
Not sure this is what you were looking for... but this is what I was inspired to write. I hope you like it!
Quote:
If you used one word to describe Yagil, it'd be spirited, but Yagil was so much more than that.

It was never easy to be in the Fallen Creek clan. It was simply so demanding, but it was all for the good of the group, right? Yagil understood this much. It was only too bad he didn't always apply this understanding to his actions.

~~~

Yagil tumbled out of a bush and shook his head back and forth to get rid of the leaves that had gathered in his scale. He picked himself up and glanced back and forth. Roi did say to meet here, right? Or maybe it was.... Oh, there Roi was! Of course! Like he'd get something as simple as a meeting place wrong. How absurd.

"Hey!" Yagil called out in a boisterous voice. "There you are!"

Roi groaned, "does everything you say have to be so loud?"

"Yes, yes it does." Yagil grinned crookedly at Roi. It was such an endearing smile. Roi couldn't stay mad at that.

"Anyway, I just wanted to talk to you about something." Roi shifted back and forth on his feet.

"Pft, of course! Why else would you call me out while I'm cataloging our hoard. You know how important it is." Yagil batted his eyelashes and laughed to himself. He looked so... naive.

Roi couldn't do it. Roi couldn't tell Yagil what was bothering him. Yagil wouldn't understand. Not now at least. Roi shook his head.

"Nevermind, I guess I'm just thinking too hard."

Yagil tilted his head. He knew what that meant. He knew what a lot of things meant. Other dragons frequently underestimated him and it bothered him a little. He never expected Roi to treat him the same way. He could only hope Roi would one day figure it out, so he glanced up at Roi cheekily and just said:

"That's fine! Just feel free to always let me know if you need anything!"

Lore by UnseenRangerGal
Code:
If you used one word to describe Yagil, it'd be spirited, but Yagil was so much [i]more[/i] than that. It was never easy to be in the Fallen Creek clan. It was simply so demanding, but it was all for the good of the group, right? Yagil understood this much. It was only too bad he didn't always apply this understanding to his actions. [center]~~~[/center] Yagil tumbled out of a bush and shook his head back and forth to get rid of the leaves that had gathered in his scale. He picked himself up and glanced back and forth. Roi [i]did[/i] say to meet here, right? Or maybe it was.... Oh, there Roi was! Of course! Like he'd get something as simple as a meeting place wrong. How absurd. "Hey!" Yagil called out in a boisterous voice. "There you are!" Roi groaned, "does everything you say have to be so loud?" "Yes, yes it does." Yagil grinned crookedly at Roi. It was such an endearing smile. Roi couldn't stay mad at that. "Anyway, I just wanted to talk to you about something." Roi shifted back and forth on his feet. "Pft, of course! Why else would you call me out while I'm cataloging our hoard. You know how important it is." Yagil batted his eyelashes and laughed to himself. He looked so... [i]naive[/i]. Roi couldn't do it. Roi couldn't tell Yagil what was bothering him. Yagil wouldn't understand. Not now at least. Roi shook his head. "Nevermind, I guess I'm just thinking too hard." Yagil tilted his head. He knew what that meant. He knew what a lot of things meant. Other dragons frequently underestimated him and it bothered him a little. He never expected Roi to treat him the same way. He could only hope Roi would one day figure it out, so he glanced up at Roi cheekily and just said: "That's fine! Just feel free to always let me know if you need anything!" [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/1996951][size=1]Lore by UnseenRangerGal[/size][/url]
PMb4IFn.png
@UnseenRangerGal
I love it! Thank you!
@UnseenRangerGal
I love it! Thank you!
tumblr_o1veu11RHG1v5pacoo3_100.pngQiZFijL.png9xlbxdH.png
@UnseenRangerGal Ooh, would you be able to maybe write something for this lady? She's all over in my lore, including my [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1988803]clan lore[/url] and she pops up in the lore of some of my other drags (mostly with Tyr, my clan leader) and I just... feel like she needs a little bit extra, sort of? Just something to make her come more alive, if that makes sense? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19232159] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/192322/19232159_350.png[/img] [/url]
@UnseenRangerGal Ooh, would you be able to maybe write something for this lady? She's all over in my lore, including my clan lore and she pops up in the lore of some of my other drags (mostly with Tyr, my clan leader) and I just... feel like she needs a little bit extra, sort of? Just something to make her come more alive, if that makes sense?

19232159_350.png
___________________ 70571229.png ______
adult player | FR+9 | lore fanatic
Mourning Flowers
Clan Valhall
Tragic Tales Hatchery
Teeny Tiny Lore Shop
@MightyVildaTilda Enjoy! [quote] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19232159] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/192322/19232159.png[/img] [/url][/center] Fylgja--Someone you could always depend on. Isn't it nice to have a reliable dragon around at all times? [center]~~~[/center] The newest hatchlings bumbled around on the ground bumping into each other and occasionally starting a couple playful fights. Flygja looked on at them from her place slightly farther away with both bemusement and love. Normally, she'd have joined in the hunting expedition like she regularly did, but the hatchlings were always in need of watching and she [i]was[/i] the best at it. As Fylgja watched, little bits of the past came back to her: she remembered meeting Tyr, those first eggs, and the start of something entirely new. Her thoughts were drifting and so she was a little startled when one of them gently nudged her with their head. Fylgja turned and her eyes met with a little hatchling who had made a terrible mistake; his mouth was clamped around a large icicle. It looked like that icicle wouldn't be budging anytime soon. Sure, the clan always valued individuality and self-strength, but there was no reason to let the poor little thing suffer for no reason. Fylgja gingerly reached out, trying to look as non-frightening as possible, and broke off the ends of the icicle. The bulk of it was much easier to handle now, and the warmth of the small hatchlings mouth would melt what was left. The hatchling fluttered his little wings happily when he realized what Fylgja had done and bounded back to join his friends and siblings. Fylgja sighed contentedly to herself. [i]The family you create for yourself is one of life's greatest treasures[/i] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/1996951][size=1]Lore by UnseenRangerGal[/size][/url][/quote] [code] Fylgja--Someone you could always depend on. Isn't it nice to have a reliable dragon around at all times? [center]~~~[/center] The newest hatchlings bumbled around on the ground bumping into each other and occasionally starting a couple playful fights. Flygja looked on at them from her place slightly farther away with both bemusement and love. Normally, she'd have joined in the hunting expedition like she regularly did, but the hatchlings were always in need of watching and she [i]was[/i] the best at it. As Fylgja watched, little bits of the past came back to her: she remembered meeting Tyr, those first eggs, and the start of something entirely new. Her thoughts were drifting and so she was a little startled when one of them gently nudged her with their head. Fylgja turned and her eyes met with a little hatchling who had made a terrible mistake; his mouth was clamped around a large icicle. It looked like that icicle wouldn't be budging anytime soon. Sure, the clan always valued individuality and self-strength, but there was no reason to let the poor little thing suffer for no reason. Fylgja gingerly reached out, trying to look as non-frightening as possible, and broke off the ends of the icicle. The bulk of it was much easier to handle now, and the warmth of the small hatchlings mouth would melt what was left. The hatchling fluttered his little wings happily when he realized what Fylgja had done and bounded back to join his friends and siblings. Fylgja sighed contentedly to herself. [i]The family you create for yourself is one of life's greatest treasures[/i] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/1996951][size=1]Lore by UnseenRangerGal[/size][/url] [/code]
@MightyVildaTilda
Enjoy!
Quote:
Fylgja--Someone you could always depend on. Isn't it nice to have a reliable dragon around at all times?
~~~

The newest hatchlings bumbled around on the ground bumping into each other and occasionally starting a couple playful fights. Flygja looked on at them from her place slightly farther away with both bemusement and love. Normally, she'd have joined in the hunting expedition like she regularly did, but the hatchlings were always in need of watching and she was the best at it.

As Fylgja watched, little bits of the past came back to her: she remembered meeting Tyr, those first eggs, and the start of something entirely new. Her thoughts were drifting and so she was a little startled when one of them gently nudged her with their head.

Fylgja turned and her eyes met with a little hatchling who had made a terrible mistake; his mouth was clamped around a large icicle. It looked like that icicle wouldn't be budging anytime soon.

Sure, the clan always valued individuality and self-strength, but there was no reason to let the poor little thing suffer for no reason. Fylgja gingerly reached out, trying to look as non-frightening as possible, and broke off the ends of the icicle. The bulk of it was much easier to handle now, and the warmth of the small hatchlings mouth would melt what was left.

The hatchling fluttered his little wings happily when he realized what Fylgja had done and bounded back to join his friends and siblings. Fylgja sighed contentedly to herself.

The family you create for yourself is one of life's greatest treasures

Lore by UnseenRangerGal
Code:
Fylgja--Someone you could always depend on. Isn't it nice to have a reliable dragon around at all times? [center]~~~[/center] The newest hatchlings bumbled around on the ground bumping into each other and occasionally starting a couple playful fights. Flygja looked on at them from her place slightly farther away with both bemusement and love. Normally, she'd have joined in the hunting expedition like she regularly did, but the hatchlings were always in need of watching and she [i]was[/i] the best at it. As Fylgja watched, little bits of the past came back to her: she remembered meeting Tyr, those first eggs, and the start of something entirely new. Her thoughts were drifting and so she was a little startled when one of them gently nudged her with their head. Fylgja turned and her eyes met with a little hatchling who had made a terrible mistake; his mouth was clamped around a large icicle. It looked like that icicle wouldn't be budging anytime soon. Sure, the clan always valued individuality and self-strength, but there was no reason to let the poor little thing suffer for no reason. Fylgja gingerly reached out, trying to look as non-frightening as possible, and broke off the ends of the icicle. The bulk of it was much easier to handle now, and the warmth of the small hatchlings mouth would melt what was left. The hatchling fluttered his little wings happily when he realized what Fylgja had done and bounded back to join his friends and siblings. Fylgja sighed contentedly to herself. [i]The family you create for yourself is one of life's greatest treasures[/i] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/1996951][size=1]Lore by UnseenRangerGal[/size][/url]
PMb4IFn.png
1 2 3 4 5 6