Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Noble Orders of Sornieth
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16 17
@Quis

If I wanted to put a dragon in that was an ex-warrior because she got hurt and now a botanist, where would I want to put her?
@Quis

If I wanted to put a dragon in that was an ex-warrior because she got hurt and now a botanist, where would I want to put her?
tumblr_ot0059o4wr1v8lm95o1_r1_100.png hi, i'm may! nice to meet you. feel free to send a PM if you'd like to say hi! WKtl2lb.png
WQA384m.png
ZbNAjCO.png
@falling @Mangoramune @Markhor
Your beautiful children have all been enrolled! Welcome to the Orders!

@zarnial
Hey there friend, I'm so happy to see you here!
No worries about the images, those are fun but optional. The thing I really need is the link, which you gave me just fine.

But just so you know how to do it in case you want to in the future- if you look at the square on the right side of your dragon's page, where it has their genes and colors and such? At the bottom of that square, you see the button that says 'generate code?' If you hit that, the first chunk of code in the popup that's labelled as BBCode is what you copy-paste into a forum post to automatically make a link image of your dragon.

Feel free to edit your post from before to practice, if you want to try it! For some reason it feels really good to be able to do that so easily :)
@falling @Mangoramune @Markhor
Your beautiful children have all been enrolled! Welcome to the Orders!

@zarnial
Hey there friend, I'm so happy to see you here!
No worries about the images, those are fun but optional. The thing I really need is the link, which you gave me just fine.

But just so you know how to do it in case you want to in the future- if you look at the square on the right side of your dragon's page, where it has their genes and colors and such? At the bottom of that square, you see the button that says 'generate code?' If you hit that, the first chunk of code in the popup that's labelled as BBCode is what you copy-paste into a forum post to automatically make a link image of your dragon.

Feel free to edit your post from before to practice, if you want to try it! For some reason it feels really good to be able to do that so easily :)

hh5n4WA.png
Wn94zHr.png
UTDCqkh.png
QUIpVFE.png
mlHpBMC.png

dRCKSyU.png
@Frysa
Wow, that's a long haul of a post! That must have taken you forever! Thank you so much for putting all that effort in, I loved looking through your dragons and reading the summaries about them.

I hate to say it, because you worked so hard on all that, but what we actually need is for the dragons to have personal information in their bios, not in the posts here on the thread. I'm so sorry for the confusion!

The summaries you wrote here read really well just as they are, so is there maybe any chance you could just copy/paste what you typed up for your post into their bios somewhere? I really want to add all your lovely children to their lists!
@Frysa
Wow, that's a long haul of a post! That must have taken you forever! Thank you so much for putting all that effort in, I loved looking through your dragons and reading the summaries about them.

I hate to say it, because you worked so hard on all that, but what we actually need is for the dragons to have personal information in their bios, not in the posts here on the thread. I'm so sorry for the confusion!

The summaries you wrote here read really well just as they are, so is there maybe any chance you could just copy/paste what you typed up for your post into their bios somewhere? I really want to add all your lovely children to their lists!

hh5n4WA.png
Wn94zHr.png
UTDCqkh.png
QUIpVFE.png
mlHpBMC.png

dRCKSyU.png
@Lightshadow101
I would let the dragon's opinion about what she really is in her own definition of herself be your guide.
If she considers herself to be a sidelined warrior who's being forced to dabble in plants because she doesn't have a better option, then I would still list her as a Warrior. If she's at peace with this new change in her life and she's accepted in her own heart and mind that she really is a botanist now, then I'd put her in whichever Order is most linked to what her reasons for being a botanist are. (A Healer if she works with plants for medicine's sake, a Culinary Artist/Supplier if she's growing things mostly for eating, and so on.)

I'm not 100% happy with the way gardening dragons fit into the Orders and Branches as they are right now, honestly, so if she's not a good fit for any of them please do tell me about why not and you'll be helping me decide how to fix the issue.

Also your in-character write up about how to generate image codes was adorable, I love it so much! I didn't see it until after I had typed up my own explanation, but it made me smile when I spotted it.
@Lightshadow101
I would let the dragon's opinion about what she really is in her own definition of herself be your guide.
If she considers herself to be a sidelined warrior who's being forced to dabble in plants because she doesn't have a better option, then I would still list her as a Warrior. If she's at peace with this new change in her life and she's accepted in her own heart and mind that she really is a botanist now, then I'd put her in whichever Order is most linked to what her reasons for being a botanist are. (A Healer if she works with plants for medicine's sake, a Culinary Artist/Supplier if she's growing things mostly for eating, and so on.)

I'm not 100% happy with the way gardening dragons fit into the Orders and Branches as they are right now, honestly, so if she's not a good fit for any of them please do tell me about why not and you'll be helping me decide how to fix the issue.

Also your in-character write up about how to generate image codes was adorable, I love it so much! I didn't see it until after I had typed up my own explanation, but it made me smile when I spotted it.

hh5n4WA.png
Wn94zHr.png
UTDCqkh.png
QUIpVFE.png
mlHpBMC.png

dRCKSyU.png
@Quis
Oh, I'm so glad! I love helping out newer people, and doing it through mini-roleplay is even better! My dragon is at peace that she's an ex-warrior, not a normal warrior, but she doesn't really grow stuff for medicinal or culinary arts, more to just... study it. Were do you think that would fit in?

Edit: maybe you should make a new branch under Scholars that's like a Botanist or something?
@Quis
Oh, I'm so glad! I love helping out newer people, and doing it through mini-roleplay is even better! My dragon is at peace that she's an ex-warrior, not a normal warrior, but she doesn't really grow stuff for medicinal or culinary arts, more to just... study it. Were do you think that would fit in?

Edit: maybe you should make a new branch under Scholars that's like a Botanist or something?
tumblr_ot0059o4wr1v8lm95o1_r1_100.png hi, i'm may! nice to meet you. feel free to send a PM if you'd like to say hi! WKtl2lb.png
WQA384m.png
ZbNAjCO.png
@Lightshadow101
Yep, if she's happily growing plants for study and curiosity's sake then that's definitely a Scholar. Probably the Unspecified group for now, and I'll make a note to let you know / move her if a better fit gets added in the future.

There are so many reasons to grow plants in this setting, I actually might make Gardening it's own Order. For medicine, to study out of curiosity, as alchemy ingredients, as an art form... it's starting to look like it's either its own Order, or else it's a Branch in practically all of the Orders that I have already!

(I'm heading to bed in a minute- FR time +3 for my timezone, yikes- so please don't feel snubbed if you don't hear back from me for a while!)
@Lightshadow101
Yep, if she's happily growing plants for study and curiosity's sake then that's definitely a Scholar. Probably the Unspecified group for now, and I'll make a note to let you know / move her if a better fit gets added in the future.

There are so many reasons to grow plants in this setting, I actually might make Gardening it's own Order. For medicine, to study out of curiosity, as alchemy ingredients, as an art form... it's starting to look like it's either its own Order, or else it's a Branch in practically all of the Orders that I have already!

(I'm heading to bed in a minute- FR time +3 for my timezone, yikes- so please don't feel snubbed if you don't hear back from me for a while!)

hh5n4WA.png
Wn94zHr.png
UTDCqkh.png
QUIpVFE.png
mlHpBMC.png

dRCKSyU.png
@Quis Oh thanks! And it's all fine! I think those are all great ideas, but in the end, just do what you want! Here's the baby that caused all this trouble: Which Order would your dragon like to join? Scholars What Branch? Unspecified Dragon's name: Threonine Are you OK with receiving roleplay PMs/pings about this dragon?: YESSSS She's looking for true love guyssss Link to your dragon:[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26450282] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/264503/26450282_350.png[/img] [/url]
@Quis
Oh thanks! And it's all fine! I think those are all great ideas, but in the end, just do what you want!

Here's the baby that caused all this trouble:
Which Order would your dragon like to join? Scholars
What Branch? Unspecified
Dragon's name: Threonine
Are you OK with receiving roleplay PMs/pings about this dragon?: YESSSS She's looking for true love guyssss
Link to your dragon:
26450282_350.png
WQA384m.png
ZbNAjCO.png
[quote name="Quis" date=2016-10-01 20:17:02] @/Frysa Wow, that's a long haul of a post! That must have taken you forever! Thank you so much for putting all that effort in, I loved looking through your dragons and reading the summaries about them. I hate to say it, because you worked so hard on all that, but what we actually need is for the dragons to have personal information in their bios, not in the posts here on the thread. I'm so sorry for the confusion! The summaries you wrote here read really well just as they are, so is there maybe any chance you could just copy/paste what you typed up for your post into their bios somewhere? I really want to add all your lovely children to their lists! [/quote] @Quis Darn. Now to mess up those lovely bio templates I had in... I'll do it tomorrow.
Quis wrote on 2016-10-01:
@/Frysa

@Quis
Darn. Now to mess up those lovely bio templates I had in... I'll do it tomorrow.
ice_demiboybling_by_cicide76536-dcn9o5e.gifp7h5Nyu.pngarcane_demigirlbling_by_cicide76536-dcn9nzp.gif
@Quis

Thank you for the info!
@Quis

Thank you for the info!
@Lightshadow101
Ooph, she's a beauty. I love that yellow-pink balance.

I've enrolled her in the Scholars/Unspec, but if/when I figure out how to include botany and gardening later on I'll ping you and let you know!
@Lightshadow101
Ooph, she's a beauty. I love that yellow-pink balance.

I've enrolled her in the Scholars/Unspec, but if/when I figure out how to include botany and gardening later on I'll ping you and let you know!

hh5n4WA.png
Wn94zHr.png
UTDCqkh.png
QUIpVFE.png
mlHpBMC.png

dRCKSyU.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16 17