Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Breezebreak Resort
1 2 3
[center][b]Blue Rose Jam - Drabble[/b] Written 12th June 2017. [item=blue rose] [img]http://78.media.tumblr.com/00308a705f1f5dffc34f93d87c591b58/tumblr_inline_orfeyp75ii1snz70d_500.png[/img][/center] The birds were chirping as it was early morning at the Resort, yet the air was already quite humid. Itzel cracked open a window and wind came bustling in, blowing some of the papers on her desk onto the floor. “Agh!” She exclaimed, getting to her knees and collecting them again. There was faint chiming now that there was air flow in the room, the small office just outside of [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=59149&tab=dragon&did=3248651]Soot[/url]’s Office. Working as her secretary had her perks and one of them was the magnificent view, overseeing the vast ocean and looking down on the Resort, all the residents and guests having fun in the bright summer sun. She smiled, enjoying this moment to herself, but it was rudely interrupted by a growl and a slamming of a coffee mug. “ITZEL!” A voice crooned from within the main office, in which Itzel quickly entered the room, her orange feathers ruffled slightly as she looked for the source of the problem. There she saw Soot, an elderly coal Coatl, splayed out on her low couch, her long cail coiled around a scroll. “Itzel! What is the meaning of this?” She demanded, almost literally throwing the scroll at the skydancer. “W-whats what?” She replied, quickly unfurling the scroll and reading the contents. Her face shifted from confusion to a muted expression; “Lady Soot…This is our monthly budget. We’re under budget, isn’t that a good thing?” Itzel asked, checking the figures again quickly. [center][img]http://78.media.tumblr.com/8ef1822fa459d860729f131963208e30/tumblr_inline_orfezx79Bi1snz70d_400.png[/img][/center] “Exactly! That mean’s we’ve forgotten something! And I cannot, for the life of me , remember what it was.” She scowled, sitting up on her haunches now, she was a dramatic old coot that’s for sure. Itzel rolled up the scroll once more and returned to her desk; “I’ll investigate it Lady Soot.” And left. Glancing outside once more, she decided that perhaps she’d go to the market this morning and fetch Lady Soot some flowers, hibiscus perhaps. Now that she had a plan, she collected her items and left the office, she wouldn’t be gone long anyway. A short walk led her into a massive open internal space, the main halls of the Breezebreak Resort. It was levelled out into multiple levels, each floor supported by great pillars made of marble, almost like the ones you would see in ancient Hewn City. Each pillar was strewn with fairy lights that tinkled softly, the white light reflected ever so slightly against the marble texture. This massive hive-like formation was the heart of the Resort, and being dragons, getting around was pretty easy. Itzel looked both ways and up and down before she unfurled her faceted orange wings and dove over the side, missing a family of Spirals who were trying to control their cluster of noodle children. They writhed and cried but Itzel had no time to tend to them now. She flew down several floors before reaching the 3rd floor. It had a large panel made of stained wood, this was the main exit to one of the gardens.This particular gardens was holding the morning market today! The garden was laid in pebblestones which was growing moss over them, grass growing between the cracks. Small picket fences lined the flowers, various shades of orange, yellows and reds. There were stalls set up everywhere, and dragons of all sizes and ages were spread out here. One snapper was selling his wares, old relics from Dragonhome. Itzel questioned his authenticity but took a look anyways. There was an old vase with some greek decorations gilded into it, a few chips and it was a bit dusty. For a fake, it was pretty believable. A scent caught Itzel’s nose, a smokey scent of mixed herbs and rosemary. The young dragon wafted over to the source and was pleasantly surprised to see who was cooking this dish – It was her twin sister Trellis! [center][img]http://78.media.tumblr.com/e5ad6c3cfad0d58207fcda882397072c/tumblr_inline_orff0n4J3V1snz70d_400.png[/img][/center] “Trel! I didn’t know you could cook!” She teased, looking down at the various dishes. She had many jars of jams and unspoilables, some honey and even jars of ground up insects and herbs. “Hah, there is a lot about me you don’t know Itz.” The green skydancer bickered back, “Hey, give this a try.” She added, passing Itzel a spoon with some sort of purple jam on it. “It’s good, trust me.” She smiled, urging her sister on. Itzel, the older twin , took it in. It was a tangy mix, but not one she liked. “Yeuugh!” She grimaced, her sister laughing, “I thought you could handle anything!” “Not when it’s poison!” Itzel hissed. “It’s actually Blue Rose Jam.” Trellis pointed to a boquet of said blue roses, “They’re meant to taste like blueberries somewhat.” She shrugged, Her sister was not impressed. “Hey, have you heard from Xoco?” Itzel quickly changed the subject, “I heard she was in town, but I haven’t seen her yet…” Her voice trailed off slightly, her attention grabbed by some art work at the stall next to Trellis’. “Xoco? She’s in town?? I didn’t know!” her sister gasped. “Why hasn’t she seen us yet?” “Maybe she’s embarrassed…” “By us? No way!” Itzel retorted. “I mean, we’re twins. She was…” The green skydancer paused, quickly finishing a transaction with another market goer. “I mean, she wasn’t .. planned.” “Don’t say that!” Itzel growled slightly, “That’s not true. She was meant to be here.” “But she’s not like us” “I’m not having this conversation.” Trellis was silent for a few moments, “I’m sorry, that was pretty mean..” Her paws fumbled with a jar of blue honey, tracing the lid with her nails. “Its not like that” A voice squeaked from behind the two sisters, a small skydancer who was clad in orange wolf pelt and adorned in worn battle armour stood before them. A small sob came from within the pelt, muffled by the fur. “Itz…Trel…I-I know I wasn’t wanted and…I-I…” Xoco started, shuffling in place, before she turned and bolted, darting between the customers at the market. Itzel sighed heavily and shot a death gaze towards Trellis, who avoided her gaze completely, wallowing in her guilt. Itzel went to pursue her, but lost her in the crowds. Oh boy, the twins were in a big mess now. Family affairs were always so messy. [center][img]http://78.media.tumblr.com/ff1df21a28dffd5537af4e96a1cd553b/tumblr_inline_orff1eCPgL1snz70d_400.png[/img][/center]
Blue Rose Jam - Drabble
Written 12th June 2017.

Blue Rose

tumblr_inline_orfeyp75ii1snz70d_500.png

The birds were chirping as it was early morning at the Resort, yet the air was already quite humid. Itzel cracked open a window and wind came bustling in, blowing some of the papers on her desk onto the floor. “Agh!” She exclaimed, getting to her knees and collecting them again. There was faint chiming now that there was air flow in the room, the small office just outside of Soot’s Office. Working as her secretary had her perks and one of them was the magnificent view, overseeing the vast ocean and looking down on the Resort, all the residents and guests having fun in the bright summer sun. She smiled, enjoying this moment to herself, but it was rudely interrupted by a growl and a slamming of a coffee mug. “ITZEL!” A voice crooned from within the main office, in which Itzel quickly entered the room, her orange feathers ruffled slightly as she looked for the source of the problem. There she saw Soot, an elderly coal Coatl, splayed out on her low couch, her long cail coiled around a scroll. “Itzel! What is the meaning of this?” She demanded, almost literally throwing the scroll at the skydancer. “W-whats what?” She replied, quickly unfurling the scroll and reading the contents. Her face shifted from confusion to a muted expression; “Lady Soot…This is our monthly budget. We’re under budget, isn’t that a good thing?” Itzel asked, checking the figures again quickly.
tumblr_inline_orfezx79Bi1snz70d_400.png

“Exactly! That mean’s we’ve forgotten something! And I cannot, for the life of me , remember what it was.” She scowled, sitting up on her haunches now, she was a dramatic old coot that’s for sure. Itzel rolled up the scroll once more and returned to her desk; “I’ll investigate it Lady Soot.” And left.

Glancing outside once more, she decided that perhaps she’d go to the market this morning and fetch Lady Soot some flowers, hibiscus perhaps. Now that she had a plan, she collected her items and left the office, she wouldn’t be gone long anyway. A short walk led her into a massive open internal space, the main halls of the Breezebreak Resort. It was levelled out into multiple levels, each floor supported by great pillars made of marble, almost like the ones you would see in ancient Hewn City. Each pillar was strewn with fairy lights that tinkled softly, the white light reflected ever so slightly against the marble texture. This massive hive-like formation was the heart of the Resort, and being dragons, getting around was pretty easy. Itzel looked both ways and up and down before she unfurled her faceted orange wings and dove over the side, missing a family of Spirals who were trying to control their cluster of noodle children. They writhed and cried but Itzel had no time to tend to them now. She flew down several floors before reaching the 3rd floor. It had a large panel made of stained wood, this was the main exit to one of the gardens.This particular gardens was holding the morning market today!

The garden was laid in pebblestones which was growing moss over them, grass growing between the cracks. Small picket fences lined the flowers, various shades of orange, yellows and reds. There were stalls set up everywhere, and dragons of all sizes and ages were spread out here. One snapper was selling his wares, old relics from Dragonhome. Itzel questioned his authenticity but took a look anyways. There was an old vase with some greek decorations gilded into it, a few chips and it was a bit dusty. For a fake, it was pretty believable. A scent caught Itzel’s nose, a smokey scent of mixed herbs and rosemary. The young dragon wafted over to the source and was pleasantly surprised to see who was cooking this dish – It was her twin sister Trellis!
tumblr_inline_orff0n4J3V1snz70d_400.png

“Trel! I didn’t know you could cook!” She teased, looking down at the various dishes. She had many jars of jams and unspoilables, some honey and even jars of ground up insects and herbs. “Hah, there is a lot about me you don’t know Itz.” The green skydancer bickered back, “Hey, give this a try.” She added, passing Itzel a spoon with some sort of purple jam on it. “It’s good, trust me.” She smiled, urging her sister on. Itzel, the older twin , took it in. It was a tangy mix, but not one she liked. “Yeuugh!” She grimaced, her sister laughing, “I thought you could handle anything!”
“Not when it’s poison!” Itzel hissed.
“It’s actually Blue Rose Jam.” Trellis pointed to a boquet of said blue roses, “They’re meant to taste like blueberries somewhat.” She shrugged, Her sister was not impressed.

“Hey, have you heard from Xoco?” Itzel quickly changed the subject, “I heard she was in town, but I haven’t seen her yet…” Her voice trailed off slightly, her attention grabbed by some art work at the stall next to Trellis’.
“Xoco? She’s in town?? I didn’t know!” her sister gasped.
“Why hasn’t she seen us yet?”
“Maybe she’s embarrassed…”
“By us? No way!” Itzel retorted.
“I mean, we’re twins. She was…” The green skydancer paused, quickly finishing a transaction with another market goer. “I mean, she wasn’t .. planned.”
“Don’t say that!” Itzel growled slightly, “That’s not true. She was meant to be here.”
“But she’s not like us”
“I’m not having this conversation.”
Trellis was silent for a few moments, “I’m sorry, that was pretty mean..” Her paws fumbled with a jar of blue honey, tracing the lid with her nails.

“Its not like that” A voice squeaked from behind the two sisters, a small skydancer who was clad in orange wolf pelt and adorned in worn battle armour stood before them. A small sob came from within the pelt, muffled by the fur. “Itz…Trel…I-I know I wasn’t wanted and…I-I…” Xoco started, shuffling in place, before she turned and bolted, darting between the customers at the market. Itzel sighed heavily and shot a death gaze towards Trellis, who avoided her gaze completely, wallowing in her guilt. Itzel went to pursue her, but lost her in the crowds.

Oh boy, the twins were in a big mess now. Family affairs were always so messy.
tumblr_inline_orff1eCPgL1snz70d_400.png
[center][b]Trickmurk Date - Drabble[/b] Featuring [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=59149&did=24252900]Ketut[/url] and[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=59149&did=24365054] Rhonda[/url]. Written 20th Feburary 2017. [img]http://78.media.tumblr.com/8bfe157db42b5db96ad88ab27036735a/tumblr_inline_oloe7yEbp41snz70d_500.jpg[/img] [/center] The pair walked side by side, up along the mound’s path. Circling around the dimly decorated brambles and bushes, of faint lanterns and streamers, of glowing mushrooms and soft purple haze drifting through the Breezebreak Resort. It wasn’t particularly chilly out, but the breeze was crisp. Rhonda shivered slightly, her chest feathers fluffing out in response, and of coarse, her boyfriend Ketut snuggled up a little closer. His warm breath next to Rhonda’s face spoke soft tunes of his affection for her, a warm flush rising to the coatl’s cheeks. “Oh Ketut, S-stop!” she giggled playfully, shoving the Nocturne with her shoulder softly, “We’re near the opening! I heard Lotus really went all out this year.” Her voice cracked with excitement, her face brimming with joy. “Is this your first Trickmurk here?” Ketut asked, chucking as he watched on. “Well, I came here after Brightshine last year…So yes!” She chimed, her paws kneading the mossy path beneath her. You could hear faint music playing, an organ perhaps? It was eerie, but you could also see the lights grow brighter as you approached the peak of the Resort. The lights in purple hues and brambles decorated every pillar. The air smelled of sweet Apple treats and hatchlings running between adult’s legs. There were many stalls and many dragons dressed up for the occasion. “Oh wow!” Rhonda gasped, pointing at one dragon who had eerie blue paint in the shape of eyes, dripping in its glowing glory. “C-can we get that?” She whispered to Ketut, who nodded and offered her a candied apple. “For you, my sweet.” He cooed, nuzzling their noses against one another. “I’m so happy I get to share this with you!” The couple made their way through several stalls, tasting various Shadow themed sweets, cookies in the shape of the Shadowbinder herself and trinkets made to look like the brambles and thorns that decorate the Shadow lands. Ketut stopped in front of a large, red tent. It had a sign out the front ; ‘Madame Glyph – Reading your fortune!’ The nocturne hummed to himself before he grabbed Rhonda’s paw, “Can we try this, please?” He practically begged, his bright scales catching the reflection of the purple candles that lit the area. The female glanced the tent up and down and gave him a concerned look, before nodding. “Ah, alright Ketut. You want to try this? You do know its hocus pocus?” She said, a little nervous. Her bright orange pelt was shadowed by the tents size as the couple entered, velvet curtains parting as they did. “Don’t tell me I didn’t tell you so.” In the center of the small tent was a round table decorated with a beaded mat, and around the table were many silk pillows, in browns, reds and purple shades. The room smelled heavily of incense, and there was a single, large purple glowing orb on top of the table. The pair made themselves comfortable on the pillows , when a medium sized purple dragon, clan in cloak and chimed like a bell. She floated down and sat opposite the pair, Her bright Yellow eyes piercing the darkness. “Welcome, Ketut. Rhonda.” [center] [img]http://78.media.tumblr.com/c89eb73a01f925d577189700337d22b3/tumblr_inline_oloe9mop9Q1snz70d_400.png[/img][/center] The coatl gasped and shuffled closer to her partner, who rested his head on top of hers, holding her hand gently. He was less phased by the supernatural, but Rhonda… He started to speak, but was quickly hushed by a swift unfurling of the Mediums’ wings. They were swirling in pattern, various pinks and violets, adorn with starry silks and some of that glowing blue paint they saw earlier. She was quite intimidating, or way too into the Trickmurk spirit. “I am Madame Glyph, and I knew of your arrival.” She spoke, closing her wings against her body, the cloak spilling over them and covering them once more. Her claws hovered over the glowing orb, which was faint in appearance, like it was dormant. The couple hushed and watched on. With a flick of her wrist, the Bogsneak Medium conjured up a deck of cards, purple with silver filigree patterns on the back, enveloped in a purple smoke that danced across the room and smelled quite sweet. The cards laid themselves out before the medium, spread out into two piles. Glyph motioned to the pair to select a deck each. Looking down at the deck of magical cards before her, she plucked it from the table, her boyfriend doing the same. He felt the texture of the cards , it was rigid and not card-like at all. It almost felt like very thin pieces of stone. “Close your eyes and please, select a card, each.” She instructed them. Rhonda held the deck tightly in her paws, shaking slightly as she closed her eyes and started to trace her finger around one of the edges of the cards. She slowly selected a card and placed it face down in front of her, neatly placing the deck next to it. Ketut shuffled the cards in his claws, listening to the rustling it made, before he finally picked a card that slipped out from the deck. “Okay, here’s my card.” Glyph smiled and hovered her hand over each card, humming softly before collecting them. “Oh my.” Rhonda’s crests perked up, almost worried about the result. Glyph recognized this and smiled, waving her hand at her, “Oh no no, it’s not bad. Well, in one way.” The coatl shot the nocturne a ‘I told you so’ look, before sighing and allowing the medium to continue. Ketut merely smiled widely, holding his soft girlfriend closer. Now she placed her hands on the orb, which its purple crystal fragments started to levitate and swirl around the main ball. “Rhonda… I shall read your fortune first.” The orange coatl leaned in, enthralled by the whole experience. Glyph spoke once more; “Enjoy the good luck a companion brings you.” Her voice was ethereal, was she truly one to see the future? Her eyes closed once more and she turned Rhonda’s card over. It was a rune which all dragons were familiar with – The Symbol of Mind. [center][img]http://78.media.tumblr.com/38a9c2d11a60949a5de8648afc3d1f12/tumblr_inline_oloe8crgNs1snz70d_250.png[/img][/center] Rhonda smiled and mouthed a silent thank you, as she went on to predict Ketut’s future. “Ohhh….Fear can keep us up all night long, but faith makes one fine pillow.” Her response was so ambiguous and the male was without words. The glowing orb returned to its dormant state and finally his card is flipped over. It is the Symbol of Truth. [center][img]http://78.media.tumblr.com/156953defb6542905eafeb97c6e54c9c/tumblr_inline_oloe8jMH8j1snz70d_250.png[/img][/center] “Thank you for attending my show, I do wish you both a lovely Trickmurk!” Glyph said finally, collecting all her cards and shuffling them in her hands, smiling as the couple left her tent , rather dumbfounded and confused. “What does that even mean?” Ketut glowered softly, staring at the ground. Ketut took his claws into her paws lovingly, and looked him straight in the eyes, smirking. “I told you so.”
Trickmurk Date - Drabble
Featuring Ketut and Rhonda.
Written 20th Feburary 2017.

tumblr_inline_oloe7yEbp41snz70d_500.jpg

The pair walked side by side, up along the mound’s path. Circling around the dimly decorated brambles and bushes, of faint lanterns and streamers, of glowing mushrooms and soft purple haze drifting through the Breezebreak Resort. It wasn’t particularly chilly out, but the breeze was crisp. Rhonda shivered slightly, her chest feathers fluffing out in response, and of coarse, her boyfriend Ketut snuggled up a little closer. His warm breath next to Rhonda’s face spoke soft tunes of his affection for her, a warm flush rising to the coatl’s cheeks. “Oh Ketut, S-stop!” she giggled playfully, shoving the Nocturne with her shoulder softly, “We’re near the opening! I heard Lotus really went all out this year.” Her voice cracked with excitement, her face brimming with joy.

“Is this your first Trickmurk here?” Ketut asked, chucking as he watched on.

“Well, I came here after Brightshine last year…So yes!” She chimed, her paws kneading the mossy path beneath her. You could hear faint music playing, an organ perhaps? It was eerie, but you could also see the lights grow brighter as you approached the peak of the Resort. The lights in purple hues and brambles decorated every pillar. The air smelled of sweet Apple treats and hatchlings running between adult’s legs. There were many stalls and many dragons dressed up for the occasion. “Oh wow!” Rhonda gasped, pointing at one dragon who had eerie blue paint in the shape of eyes, dripping in its glowing glory. “C-can we get that?” She whispered to Ketut, who nodded and offered her a candied apple. “For you, my sweet.” He cooed, nuzzling their noses against one another. “I’m so happy I get to share this with you!”

The couple made their way through several stalls, tasting various Shadow themed sweets, cookies in the shape of the Shadowbinder herself and trinkets made to look like the brambles and thorns that decorate the Shadow lands. Ketut stopped in front of a large, red tent. It had a sign out the front ; ‘Madame Glyph – Reading your fortune!’

The nocturne hummed to himself before he grabbed Rhonda’s paw, “Can we try this, please?” He practically begged, his bright scales catching the reflection of the purple candles that lit the area. The female glanced the tent up and down and gave him a concerned look, before nodding. “Ah, alright Ketut. You want to try this? You do know its hocus pocus?” She said, a little nervous. Her bright orange pelt was shadowed by the tents size as the couple entered, velvet curtains parting as they did. “Don’t tell me I didn’t tell you so.”

In the center of the small tent was a round table decorated with a beaded mat, and around the table were many silk pillows, in browns, reds and purple shades. The room smelled heavily of incense, and there was a single, large purple glowing orb on top of the table. The pair made themselves comfortable on the pillows , when a medium sized purple dragon, clan in cloak and chimed like a bell. She floated down and sat opposite the pair, Her bright Yellow eyes piercing the darkness. “Welcome, Ketut. Rhonda.”
tumblr_inline_oloe9mop9Q1snz70d_400.png

The coatl gasped and shuffled closer to her partner, who rested his head on top of hers, holding her hand gently. He was less phased by the supernatural, but Rhonda…

He started to speak, but was quickly hushed by a swift unfurling of the Mediums’ wings. They were swirling in pattern, various pinks and violets, adorn with starry silks and some of that glowing blue paint they saw earlier. She was quite intimidating, or way too into the Trickmurk spirit. “I am Madame Glyph, and I knew of your arrival.” She spoke, closing her wings against her body, the cloak spilling over them and covering them once more. Her claws hovered over the glowing orb, which was faint in appearance, like it was dormant. The couple hushed and watched on.

With a flick of her wrist, the Bogsneak Medium conjured up a deck of cards, purple with silver filigree patterns on the back, enveloped in a purple smoke that danced across the room and smelled quite sweet. The cards laid themselves out before the medium, spread out into two piles. Glyph motioned to the pair to select a deck each. Looking down at the deck of magical cards before her, she plucked it from the table, her boyfriend doing the same. He felt the texture of the cards , it was rigid and not card-like at all. It almost felt like very thin pieces of stone. “Close your eyes and please, select a card, each.” She instructed them.

Rhonda held the deck tightly in her paws, shaking slightly as she closed her eyes and started to trace her finger around one of the edges of the cards. She slowly selected a card and placed it face down in front of her, neatly placing the deck next to it. Ketut shuffled the cards in his claws, listening to the rustling it made, before he finally picked a card that slipped out from the deck. “Okay, here’s my card.”

Glyph smiled and hovered her hand over each card, humming softly before collecting them. “Oh my.”

Rhonda’s crests perked up, almost worried about the result. Glyph recognized this and smiled, waving her hand at her, “Oh no no, it’s not bad. Well, in one way.” The coatl shot the nocturne a ‘I told you so’ look, before sighing and allowing the medium to continue. Ketut merely smiled widely, holding his soft girlfriend closer.

Now she placed her hands on the orb, which its purple crystal fragments started to levitate and swirl around the main ball. “Rhonda… I shall read your fortune first.”

The orange coatl leaned in, enthralled by the whole experience. Glyph spoke once more; “Enjoy the good luck a companion brings you.” Her voice was ethereal, was she truly one to see the future? Her eyes closed once more and she turned Rhonda’s card over. It was a rune which all dragons were familiar with – The Symbol of Mind.
tumblr_inline_oloe8crgNs1snz70d_250.png

Rhonda smiled and mouthed a silent thank you, as she went on to predict Ketut’s future. “Ohhh….Fear can keep us up all night long, but faith makes one fine pillow.” Her response was so ambiguous and the male was without words. The glowing orb returned to its dormant state and finally his card is flipped over. It is the Symbol of Truth.
tumblr_inline_oloe8jMH8j1snz70d_250.png

“Thank you for attending my show, I do wish you both a lovely Trickmurk!” Glyph said finally, collecting all her cards and shuffling them in her hands, smiling as the couple left her tent , rather dumbfounded and confused.

“What does that even mean?” Ketut glowered softly, staring at the ground. Ketut took his claws into her paws lovingly, and looked him straight in the eyes, smirking. “I told you so.”
[center][b]The Mound? - Drabble[/b] This was written quite a while ago. 8th November 2015 to be exact. [/center] “Where am I…?” Angelo questioned, closing his eyes and sniffing the air briefly. He had never been this far north of the Tarn before, not on his own at least. His senses did not recall this location at all, yet it seemed somehow very familiar…safe. The juvenile Tundra was in a vast field of tall grass, swaying gently in the breeze, the soft rustling soothing his soul. His weighted paws sunk lightly as he stepped through, approaching what looked like an ensemble of trees, but the way they were positioned and pruned suggested this place was occupied. Massive stalks of bamboo started to protrude from the ground, forming into a fence that stretched around and along the Cliffside, the Tidecaller’s ocean now visible on the horizon. The sky blended into the water like mist, it was beautiful to see. This was his first time seeing the ocean. “Wow…” He sat back on his haunches, the tall grass flattening below him. It embraced him closely, his fur and the grass swaying in unison, enjoying each other’s company. Angelo closed his eyes. He could feel the wind, hear the wind.. It whistled and playfully tugged at his ears, never had this Tundra felt this close to his birth deity. His wings flexed, catching the wind within them and pulling his body back, the wind coaxing him to fly with them. He succumbed to the playful banter of the wind and unfurled his wings widely, finally catching a strong breeze and pulled himself into the air. His wings flapped hard to keep him aloft, a little sore from the lack of use. He smiled, remembering his father Noir’s flight lessons. He found an air current and it lifted him higher. Here he noticed the rest of the formation of this territory. It was a clan that had dug into the Cliffside, covertly covered in the same grass as the field he just lay in. There were small windows and the bamboo stalks flattened out into a sort of platform that oversaw the ocean. Whoever designed and built this place sure knew what they were doing. There was shaped stone that was carved away from the cliff to make stairs – there was a beach at the base of the cliff! Angelo turned his body to get another look at the beach. The waves were soft, the area was secure and the sand was white. A shadow was suddenly cast over him, but when Angelo craned his neck to look, there was nothing there but the warm sun. “Hey!” A deep foreign voice called out, causing Angelo to shudder and quickly decline in altitude. The large shadow crossed him again before the source came into view. It was a massive dragon riveted in spines, his massive form was at least three times the size of the Tundra. “Im sorry!” Angelo quickly called out, promptly landing onto the soft grass and lowering his belly to the ground. He was showing his submissive nature to the massive dragon, like his other father Bucky taught him – “Better t’ succumb then be dead!” The large dragon chuckled and descended next to the boy, nudging him softly with his large tail. “Boy, boy get up. No need for formalities here!” His voice was cheerful, despite the impressive exterior. The spines glistened in the sunlight, and his strange adornments caught the tundra’s eyes. He wore a large oversized hat, and had wood strung around his neck. He had a large bangle around his forearm and from his shoulders sprouted a tree. A tree. Along his flank were more bamboo shoots, whistling softly with the wind. This dragon melded pretty well into his surroundings. His feet were covered in moss and he smelt very distinctly of mud and incense. The ridgeback chuckled again, “The name’s Sleipnir, but erryone calls me Slei.” [center] [img]http://78.media.tumblr.com/6cadf084e24dfa921cf7861976eb17d5/tumblr_nxhrsj9csD1u2ms2do2_400.png[/img][/center] “Ah..Hello Sleipnir..” Angelo responded shyly. The sandy coloured dragon tilted his head slightly, “You windy, not from around here though ares you?” Sleipnir asked curiously, crossing his claws across one another. “Well, you must be travelling aye! All Windies travel!” He grinned a toothy grin. Something about this dragon made him feel safe, comfortable. “Welcome to The Mound…Er…” The large dragon paused, not sure of the juveniles name. “Ah…It’s Angelo.” He said softly. “Angelo! Welcome to The Mound! Crossroads for all travellers and secretly a resort all in one! Well its not much of a secret I know, but I run this joint!” His voice was loud and proud, his head raised as he explained the Mound to the tundra. “The Mound…?” Why did that sound familiar? “Come rest, Angelo.” The ridgeback urged, standing up. His massive form cast a shadow over the swampy dragon, but it wasn’t so scary anymore. He was led up a slope that was decorated with tiny white flowers, before being led inside. It was a wide cave carved out expertly into arches, lanterns dangled from the rooftops and lit with candles and incense. Incense was everywhere, and silks! There were windows carved out from the cliff exterior, directly facing the beach, the crisp breeze airing out the entire complex. It was much bigger on the inside! [center][img]http://78.media.tumblr.com/54c2620c26f1f55baf8a1e8f6db7baf1/tumblr_nxhrsj9csD1u2ms2do1_400.png[/img][/center] There were two dragons grooming one another, One of them was a dark red Pearlcatcher with golden accents. Golded reeds draped over her wings like a princess, a similar crown upon her head. She glanced at Angelo from the corner of her eye before she finished braiding the other dragon’s mane. “You’re done now.” She said sweetly, before picking up her pearl and approaching Sleipnir and Angelo. “Hello, you found another one Slei.” She glanced over the tundra once before looking back up at the Ridgeback. “Mind looking after him for a bit Nalaar?” The ridgeback didn’t give her a chance to reply, and had already turned and started leaving; light strums on his hips as his scales plucked on the strings on his well hidden harp. The pearlcatcher turned to him and stared at him. Her fiery gold eyes flashing once into his lemongrass eyes. He gulped slightly, feeling uncomfortable again, but the female approached him and took him back outside to a grassy balcony. It overhang the cliff slightly that the grass started to hang off the edges, smaller bamboo shoots growing sporadically. The grass was covered in the small white flowers. The duo sat down and simply talked, all while she started braiding in the small white flowers into his swampy mane. Angelo’s mane had stripes and patches of a darker green, which offset his light coloured wings. He openly talked about his fathers back at the Tarn, about Noir and how he liked architecture as well. The Mound reminded him of Noir, it must be the structures or the lanterns. Nalaar told him tall tales about fire mythology, about flamecaller and the “Legend of the Flamebebe” which featured a tundra. The juvenile enjoyed her patience, he slowly breathed in her scent, remembering her. She had finished braiding the small white flowers into his mane, and he found he was covered in them along his shoulders and his back. “Wow..These are beautiful.” He exclaimed, but became downtrodden. “But, won’t the flowers die?” Nalaar sat up taller and brushed her face against his muzzle softly and whispered something intelligible, something magical, before she pulled away. “They won’t perish as long as you wear them, Ange.” Her silky voice made him weak slightly. “Thank you.” He said softly, pulling out his rose. He placed it in Nalaar’s paws and closed them, “Then, this is for you. I have to go home now, but..” he paused, breathing in the incense once more. It was spicy. “I wont forget this place. The Mound.” [center] [img]http://78.media.tumblr.com/30f32078a5dd27184c725088b420a43b/tumblr_inline_oyb1wvtR3h1snz70d_400.png[/img][/center]
The Mound? - Drabble
This was written quite a while ago. 8th November 2015 to be exact.

“Where am I…?” Angelo questioned, closing his eyes and sniffing the air briefly. He had never been this far north of the Tarn before, not on his own at least. His senses did not recall this location at all, yet it seemed somehow very familiar…safe. The juvenile Tundra was in a vast field of tall grass, swaying gently in the breeze, the soft rustling soothing his soul. His weighted paws sunk lightly as he stepped through, approaching what looked like an ensemble of trees, but the way they were positioned and pruned suggested this place was occupied.

Massive stalks of bamboo started to protrude from the ground, forming into a fence that stretched around and along the Cliffside, the Tidecaller’s ocean now visible on the horizon. The sky blended into the water like mist, it was beautiful to see. This was his first time seeing the ocean. “Wow…” He sat back on his haunches, the tall grass flattening below him. It embraced him closely, his fur and the grass swaying in unison, enjoying each other’s company. Angelo closed his eyes. He could feel the wind, hear the wind.. It whistled and playfully tugged at his ears, never had this Tundra felt this close to his birth deity. His wings flexed, catching the wind within them and pulling his body back, the wind coaxing him to fly with them. He succumbed to the playful banter of the wind and unfurled his wings widely, finally catching a strong breeze and pulled himself into the air. His wings flapped hard to keep him aloft, a little sore from the lack of use. He smiled, remembering his father Noir’s flight lessons. He found an air current and it lifted him higher.

Here he noticed the rest of the formation of this territory. It was a clan that had dug into the Cliffside, covertly covered in the same grass as the field he just lay in. There were small windows and the bamboo stalks flattened out into a sort of platform that oversaw the ocean. Whoever designed and built this place sure knew what they were doing. There was shaped stone that was carved away from the cliff to make stairs – there was a beach at the base of the cliff! Angelo turned his body to get another look at the beach. The waves were soft, the area was secure and the sand was white. A shadow was suddenly cast over him, but when Angelo craned his neck to look, there was nothing there but the warm sun.

“Hey!” A deep foreign voice called out, causing Angelo to shudder and quickly decline in altitude. The large shadow crossed him again before the source came into view. It was a massive dragon riveted in spines, his massive form was at least three times the size of the Tundra. “Im sorry!” Angelo quickly called out, promptly landing onto the soft grass and lowering his belly to the ground. He was showing his submissive nature to the massive dragon, like his other father Bucky taught him – “Better t’ succumb then be dead!”
The large dragon chuckled and descended next to the boy, nudging him softly with his large tail. “Boy, boy get up. No need for formalities here!” His voice was cheerful, despite the impressive exterior. The spines glistened in the sunlight, and his strange adornments caught the tundra’s eyes. He wore a large oversized hat, and had wood strung around his neck. He had a large bangle around his forearm and from his shoulders sprouted a tree.

A tree.

Along his flank were more bamboo shoots, whistling softly with the wind. This dragon melded pretty well into his surroundings. His feet were covered in moss and he smelt very distinctly of mud and incense. The ridgeback chuckled again, “The name’s Sleipnir, but erryone calls me Slei.”
tumblr_nxhrsj9csD1u2ms2do2_400.png

“Ah..Hello Sleipnir..” Angelo responded shyly. The sandy coloured dragon tilted his head slightly, “You windy, not from around here though ares you?” Sleipnir asked curiously, crossing his claws across one another. “Well, you must be travelling aye! All Windies travel!” He grinned a toothy grin.

Something about this dragon made him feel safe, comfortable.

“Welcome to The Mound…Er…” The large dragon paused, not sure of the juveniles name. “Ah…It’s Angelo.” He said softly. “Angelo! Welcome to The Mound! Crossroads for all travellers and secretly a resort all in one! Well its not much of a secret I know, but I run this joint!” His voice was loud and proud, his head raised as he explained the Mound to the tundra. “The Mound…?”

Why did that sound familiar?

“Come rest, Angelo.” The ridgeback urged, standing up. His massive form cast a shadow over the swampy dragon, but it wasn’t so scary anymore. He was led up a slope that was decorated with tiny white flowers, before being led inside. It was a wide cave carved out expertly into arches, lanterns dangled from the rooftops and lit with candles and incense. Incense was everywhere, and silks! There were windows carved out from the cliff exterior, directly facing the beach, the crisp breeze airing out the entire complex. It was much bigger on the inside!
tumblr_nxhrsj9csD1u2ms2do1_400.png

There were two dragons grooming one another, One of them was a dark red Pearlcatcher with golden accents. Golded reeds draped over her wings like a princess, a similar crown upon her head. She glanced at Angelo from the corner of her eye before she finished braiding the other dragon’s mane. “You’re done now.” She said sweetly, before picking up her pearl and approaching Sleipnir and Angelo. “Hello, you found another one Slei.” She glanced over the tundra once before looking back up at the Ridgeback. “Mind looking after him for a bit Nalaar?” The ridgeback didn’t give her a chance to reply, and had already turned and started leaving; light strums on his hips as his scales plucked on the strings on his well hidden harp. The pearlcatcher turned to him and stared at him. Her fiery gold eyes flashing once into his lemongrass eyes. He gulped slightly, feeling uncomfortable again, but the female approached him and took him back outside to a grassy balcony. It overhang the cliff slightly that the grass started to hang off the edges, smaller bamboo shoots growing sporadically. The grass was covered in the small white flowers.

The duo sat down and simply talked, all while she started braiding in the small white flowers into his swampy mane. Angelo’s mane had stripes and patches of a darker green, which offset his light coloured wings. He openly talked about his fathers back at the Tarn, about Noir and how he liked architecture as well. The Mound reminded him of Noir, it must be the structures or the lanterns. Nalaar told him tall tales about fire mythology, about flamecaller and the “Legend of the Flamebebe” which featured a tundra. The juvenile enjoyed her patience, he slowly breathed in her scent, remembering her. She had finished braiding the small white flowers into his mane, and he found he was covered in them along his shoulders and his back. “Wow..These are beautiful.” He exclaimed, but became downtrodden. “But, won’t the flowers die?”

Nalaar sat up taller and brushed her face against his muzzle softly and whispered something intelligible, something magical, before she pulled away. “They won’t perish as long as you wear them, Ange.” Her silky voice made him weak slightly. “Thank you.” He said softly, pulling out his rose. He placed it in Nalaar’s paws and closed them, “Then, this is for you. I have to go home now, but..” he paused, breathing in the incense once more. It was spicy. “I wont forget this place. The Mound.”
tumblr_inline_oyb1wvtR3h1snz70d_400.png
@Kizmetto well would you look at that, I already follow you (and have for some time it seems). I'm @ vigilight on tumblr. I'm at work right now but I'll check in and read these later! Looking forward to some tumblr pings for your writing :)
@Kizmetto well would you look at that, I already follow you (and have for some time it seems). I'm @ vigilight on tumblr. I'm at work right now but I'll check in and read these later! Looking forward to some tumblr pings for your writing :)
1379_150px_ghostmateria_by_miirshroom-dbv3jwb.png1380_100px_ghostmateria_by_miirshroom-dbv3jwh.png
@TalaniSilverwolf @shadylex @ghostmateria thanks so much for replying on tumblr! I've posted 3 drabbles on this page , or link on the front page under "writings" :)
@TalaniSilverwolf @shadylex @ghostmateria thanks so much for replying on tumblr! I've posted 3 drabbles on this page , or link on the front page under "writings" :)
@Kizmetto

Woahhh, this thread is going to be amazing to read on my commute tomorrow! May I please be added to a pinglist for future drabbles? :-D
@Kizmetto

Woahhh, this thread is going to be amazing to read on my commute tomorrow! May I please be added to a pinglist for future drabbles? :-D
w7Z8MA5.png
"Honey, we gotta sign the guest book before we leave." "What's a guest book?" [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37115547][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/371156/37115547.png?mtime=Wi6QigAAVoM.png[/img][/url][nextcol]"What a relaxing place! I let my guard down so much, I almost touched water." - Guppy[/columns] [columns]"I had an amazing time at your wonderful resort. The room looked so beautiful, I hardly left it. We'll definitely come back to enjoy more of what Breezebreak Resort has to offer!" - Dragonet[nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37152438][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/371525/37152438.png?mtime=Wi6QogAAWTk.png[/img][/url][/columns]
"Honey, we gotta sign the guest book before we leave."
"What's a guest book?"

37115547.png?mtime=Wi6QigAAVoM.png "What a relaxing place! I let my guard down so much, I almost touched water."

- Guppy
"I had an amazing time at your wonderful resort. The room looked so beautiful, I hardly left it. We'll definitely come back to enjoy more of what Breezebreak Resort has to offer!"

- Dragonet
37152438.png?mtime=Wi6QogAAWTk.png
tumblr_nqi7ugRwjP1uy6rdio3_r1_400.png
FR+9
Adorbs Accents
[columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24784] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/248/24784.png[/img] [/url][nextcol]"The resort was recommended as a safe stay by some of my clients and it certainly far surpassed my expectations. Deadlines prevent us from staying longer but I will be visiting again on travels in my future and look forward to exploring different portions of the resort in those short installments. Both the content on the shelves as well as the architecture of the library were a pleasure, and the food is excellent. Top notch room service." - Avantoe[/columns] ----- [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2013954] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/20140/2013954.png[/img] [/url][nextcol]"Great bar, great bartender. Spa hydrated the liquor right out of me in the morning. Beach clientele looks promising if I'm ever not working while we're here." - Springer[/columns]

24784.png
"The resort was recommended as a safe stay by some of my clients and it certainly far surpassed my expectations. Deadlines prevent us from staying longer but I will be visiting again on travels in my future and look forward to exploring different portions of the resort in those short installments. Both the content on the shelves as well as the architecture of the library were a pleasure, and the food is excellent. Top notch room service."

- Avantoe

2013954.png
"Great bar, great bartender. Spa hydrated the liquor right out of me in the morning. Beach clientele looks promising if I'm ever not working while we're here."

- Springer
tumblr_inline_nnnkgu0nhK1t8x5hx_540.png
[center][b]Nocturne Night - Drabble[/b] [i]18th December 2017[/i] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/24498.png[/img][/center] They were coming from everywhere, Sentient Mirrors and Large hatchets with gleaming eyes on the sides, slicing the very air they swooped at. Aegis ducked as one span past him with a horrifying whoosh! as he quickly looked over for his father and Caius. They were spread apart in the Arena, bellies to the ground also. Noir reared up onto his back legs and slammed down onto one of the monster mirrors and instantly shattered it, yet another horrifying screech omitted from within. “What are these things?!” The juvenile golden mirror asked, growling as he ripped apart one of the orange coloured chimeras, narrowly missing the viper tail who had lunged for his neck. “I’ve seen them before, they only come out this time of year!” The guardian grunted, as a pair of monster hatchets sunk themselves into his back, causing Noir to slump over from the sheer pain. There was a sickening scent of blood in the air, but the hatchets were quickly dispatched as Caius, one of their oldest residents and battle worn, flew in and raked them down with his powerful legs. “Don’t stop moving, we gotta find the source.” He said in a rather flat tone. The trio scrambled to their feet and watched to see where they were coming from. being in this abandoned Arena meant many alleyways and paths they could be hiding from. “I think its this way!” Aegis called out and immediately charged towards the grandstand, one with a thin entrance where old warriors would have once walked down. “Hey!” The two older males called after him, but were swamped by another wave of Nocturnal Monsters and were unable to follow Aegis. Aegis bit and scratched his way through, eventually thinning out the force of monsters which were no match for his battle-worn scales. The hallway was lined with tattered tapestry of beastclan fighting dragonkin, barbaric displays of old dragon skeletons strung up like a trophy. If he wasn’t on high alert, he would’ve been unnerved for sure. There was a quick whipping sound as a Hatchet flew past and lodged itself into the wall, cutting up another tapestry which fell into a clump onto the ground, narrowly missing Aegis’ head. He growled and yanked the monster from the wall and threw it against the floor, the monster hatchet creaking like an un-oiled door. Once dispatched, it was quiet. Almost too quiet. Using his heat-sensing eyes, he scanned the location he was in and found no signatures. “Weird..” He breathed, continuing down the path. At the end of the hallway, he was met with a fork in the road. But that wasn’t what was peculiar, what was peculiar was a slain monster mirror hung up like a regular mirror, he could see his own reflection - his face splattered in black blood from the horrible things. He stared at himself a little longer, frowning, He was not proud of himself but - Survival is survival. Aegis stepped forward and heard a crunch beneath his paws, it was Chimera Pelt. A pile of white and black raggedy fur and a spherical black…Egg? [center][img]http://78.media.tumblr.com/4e2768490aba4cde6c842931e3741bac/tumblr_inline_p156k491WH1snz70d_100.png[/img][/center] Aegis sniffed it and recognized it to be a dragon egg, and it did have a weak heat signature, it had been left abandoned for way too long that it didnt come up when he scanned before. Scooping it up and securing it in his scarf, he quickly fled the halls and back into the open Arena, where many, many scattered carcasses and black blood stained the ground. His allies stood there panting and also covered in the same blood. “What did you find?” His father huffed, walking towards him and giving him a quick affectionate lick on his forehead, glad his son was safe. The golden mirror craned his neck in a way to be able to show the Shadow Egg to his comrades, “Its cold, but there is still a heat signature. We have to get it back to The Resort, now!”
Nocturne Night - Drabble
18th December 2017

24498.png

They were coming from everywhere, Sentient Mirrors and Large hatchets with gleaming eyes on the sides, slicing the very air they swooped at. Aegis ducked as one span past him with a horrifying whoosh! as he quickly looked over for his father and Caius. They were spread apart in the Arena, bellies to the ground also. Noir reared up onto his back legs and slammed down onto one of the monster mirrors and instantly shattered it, yet another horrifying screech omitted from within. “What are these things?!” The juvenile golden mirror asked, growling as he ripped apart one of the orange coloured chimeras, narrowly missing the viper tail who had lunged for his neck.

“I’ve seen them before, they only come out this time of year!” The guardian grunted, as a pair of monster hatchets sunk themselves into his back, causing Noir to slump over from the sheer pain. There was a sickening scent of blood in the air, but the hatchets were quickly dispatched as Caius, one of their oldest residents and battle worn, flew in and raked them down with his powerful legs. “Don’t stop moving, we gotta find the source.” He said in a rather flat tone.

The trio scrambled to their feet and watched to see where they were coming from. being in this abandoned Arena meant many alleyways and paths they could be hiding from. “I think its this way!” Aegis called out and immediately charged towards the grandstand, one with a thin entrance where old warriors would have once walked down. “Hey!” The two older males called after him, but were swamped by another wave of Nocturnal Monsters and were unable to follow Aegis.

Aegis bit and scratched his way through, eventually thinning out the force of monsters which were no match for his battle-worn scales. The hallway was lined with tattered tapestry of beastclan fighting dragonkin, barbaric displays of old dragon skeletons strung up like a trophy. If he wasn’t on high alert, he would’ve been unnerved for sure.

There was a quick whipping sound as a Hatchet flew past and lodged itself into the wall, cutting up another tapestry which fell into a clump onto the ground, narrowly missing Aegis’ head. He growled and yanked the monster from the wall and threw it against the floor, the monster hatchet creaking like an un-oiled door.

Once dispatched, it was quiet. Almost too quiet. Using his heat-sensing eyes, he scanned the location he was in and found no signatures. “Weird..” He breathed, continuing down the path. At the end of the hallway, he was met with a fork in the road. But that wasn’t what was peculiar, what was peculiar was a slain monster mirror hung up like a regular mirror, he could see his own reflection - his face splattered in black blood from the horrible things. He stared at himself a little longer, frowning, He was not proud of himself but - Survival is survival. Aegis stepped forward and heard a crunch beneath his paws, it was Chimera Pelt. A pile of white and black raggedy fur and a spherical black…Egg?
tumblr_inline_p156k491WH1snz70d_100.png

Aegis sniffed it and recognized it to be a dragon egg, and it did have a weak heat signature, it had been left abandoned for way too long that it didnt come up when he scanned before. Scooping it up and securing it in his scarf, he quickly fled the halls and back into the open Arena, where many, many scattered carcasses and black blood stained the ground. His allies stood there panting and also covered in the same blood. “What did you find?” His father huffed, walking towards him and giving him a quick affectionate lick on his forehead, glad his son was safe.

The golden mirror craned his neck in a way to be able to show the Shadow Egg to his comrades, “Its cold, but there is still a heat signature. We have to get it back to The Resort, now!”
@kizmetto
I absolutely love your clan lore! could i be added to the pinglist for future posts and could we even talk about a possible clan alliance? :D
@kizmetto
I absolutely love your clan lore! could i be added to the pinglist for future posts and could we even talk about a possible clan alliance? :D
1 2 3