Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The deities as Pokemon!
I had a thought. What if there was an AU where the deities were Pokemon? So, naturally I had to draw them, and after some discussion with a friend on one of the all-flight Disocrd chats, we... partially decided on the list below. Take note that this list has to do mostly with appearance, not powers, although some of them do fit with one another:
Windsinger-Rayquaza
Icewarden- Kyurem
Arcanist-Palkia/Mew/Deoxys
Shadowbinder-Darkrai/Giratina (Most likely the latter)
Lightweaver-Magearna/Arceus
Stormcatcher-Zekrom
Plaguebringer-Yveltal
Gladekeeper-Virizion/Shaymin
Earthshaker-Heatran/Entei
Tidelord-Dialga/Suicune
Flamecaller-Groudon
Also, I felt it was probably necessary to add a powers-wise list, so here it is. It's more in accordance with the other AU I thought up, which is mentioned at the bottom of the post:
Windsinger: Rayquaza
Icewarden: Kyurem
Arcanist: Mewtwo?
Shadowbinder: Undecided, probably Darkrai
Lightweaver: Undecided, probably Solgaleo. Maybe.
Stormcatcher: Zekrom
Plaguebringer: Yveltal (Unless any sickness legendaries exist)
Gladekeeper: Xerneas/Zygarde
Earthshaker: Groudon/Regirock
Tidelord: Kyogre
Flamecaller: Reshiram
We're open to suggestions, ideas, and the two of us will probably be posting art of this on the thread as well. We're aiming on making the deities all legendaries, but they still might be regular ones. And if you feel inspired and do something, feel free to post it here. >_>

@Dragonesque It is done!

Another idea is, what if Pokemon also inhabited the regions, say, flying types mingling with Wind dragons and whatnot. Say the legendary Pokemon only had partial control over the realms they controlled, since in this AU, it would be split with the deities? Oh, think of the dramas! >:D
I had a thought. What if there was an AU where the deities were Pokemon? So, naturally I had to draw them, and after some discussion with a friend on one of the all-flight Disocrd chats, we... partially decided on the list below. Take note that this list has to do mostly with appearance, not powers, although some of them do fit with one another:
Windsinger-Rayquaza
Icewarden- Kyurem
Arcanist-Palkia/Mew/Deoxys
Shadowbinder-Darkrai/Giratina (Most likely the latter)
Lightweaver-Magearna/Arceus
Stormcatcher-Zekrom
Plaguebringer-Yveltal
Gladekeeper-Virizion/Shaymin
Earthshaker-Heatran/Entei
Tidelord-Dialga/Suicune
Flamecaller-Groudon
Also, I felt it was probably necessary to add a powers-wise list, so here it is. It's more in accordance with the other AU I thought up, which is mentioned at the bottom of the post:
Windsinger: Rayquaza
Icewarden: Kyurem
Arcanist: Mewtwo?
Shadowbinder: Undecided, probably Darkrai
Lightweaver: Undecided, probably Solgaleo. Maybe.
Stormcatcher: Zekrom
Plaguebringer: Yveltal (Unless any sickness legendaries exist)
Gladekeeper: Xerneas/Zygarde
Earthshaker: Groudon/Regirock
Tidelord: Kyogre
Flamecaller: Reshiram
We're open to suggestions, ideas, and the two of us will probably be posting art of this on the thread as well. We're aiming on making the deities all legendaries, but they still might be regular ones. And if you feel inspired and do something, feel free to post it here. >_>

@Dragonesque It is done!

Another idea is, what if Pokemon also inhabited the regions, say, flying types mingling with Wind dragons and whatnot. Say the legendary Pokemon only had partial control over the realms they controlled, since in this AU, it would be split with the deities? Oh, think of the dramas! >:D
L O A D I N G . . .
spinning_time_gear_by_partheosis-d91zrz2.gifspinning_time_gear_by_partheosis-d91zrz2.gifspinning_time_gear_by_partheosis-d91zrz2.gifspinning_time_gear_by_partheosis-d91zrz2.gifspinning_time_gear_by_partheosis-d91zrz2.gif
@chaircatshizen
I honestly think Earthshaker would be better for Groudon as Groudon's whole thing is that they control continents. Also thinking Kyogre would be better for Tidelord. Guess I'm more thinking in terms of abilities the legendaries possess
@chaircatshizen
I honestly think Earthshaker would be better for Groudon as Groudon's whole thing is that they control continents. Also thinking Kyogre would be better for Tidelord. Guess I'm more thinking in terms of abilities the legendaries possess
BLTJGGE.png
BLTJGGE.png
@WanderSicova
True, Groudon and Kyogre's abilities are more suited to Earthshaker and Tidelord, from a power perspective. Although, considering Groudon's whole heat thing in ORAS at least, it does suit Flamecaller nicely. Plus, it is also the closest legend we could get to her appearance. :) That gave me another idea though, which I'll edit into the first post.
@WanderSicova
True, Groudon and Kyogre's abilities are more suited to Earthshaker and Tidelord, from a power perspective. Although, considering Groudon's whole heat thing in ORAS at least, it does suit Flamecaller nicely. Plus, it is also the closest legend we could get to her appearance. :) That gave me another idea though, which I'll edit into the first post.
L O A D I N G . . .
spinning_time_gear_by_partheosis-d91zrz2.gifspinning_time_gear_by_partheosis-d91zrz2.gifspinning_time_gear_by_partheosis-d91zrz2.gifspinning_time_gear_by_partheosis-d91zrz2.gifspinning_time_gear_by_partheosis-d91zrz2.gif
@chaircatshizen
-runs away screaming as I go to immediately draw dragons as pokemon hanging out-
@chaircatshizen
-runs away screaming as I go to immediately draw dragons as pokemon hanging out-
BLTJGGE.png
BLTJGGE.png
Noooooo, I do not agree. At all. This is how I feel the list should be.

Windsinger-Rayquaza (Sad how I can't disagree on this)
Icewarden- Kyurem (Only ice type so... Is good)
Arcanist-Palkia/Mew I was thinking Deoxys personally but Palia might work.
Shadowbinder-Darkrai? I would go for Giratina instead
Lightweaver-Magearna/Arceus (I think these are good)
Stormcatcher-Zekrom (Or Zapdos or Raikou. Good though)
Plaguebringer-Yveltal (Good enough)
Gladekeeper-Virizion/Shaymin (Not a lot of choice but you also have Celebi.)
Earthshaker-Heatran/Entei Why fire types here? Why? Use the Pokemon that creates continents, Groudon. (Or stick with Heatran)
Tidelord-Dialga/Suicune Once again, use the most logical one, Kyogre. (Dialga isn't even a water type. Suicune might work though.)
Flamecaller-Groudon You have Moltres, Entei and Heatran.

Of course, I am only going by their typings/elements and powers now. I haven't looked at how they looked like at all.
Noooooo, I do not agree. At all. This is how I feel the list should be.

Windsinger-Rayquaza (Sad how I can't disagree on this)
Icewarden- Kyurem (Only ice type so... Is good)
Arcanist-Palkia/Mew I was thinking Deoxys personally but Palia might work.
Shadowbinder-Darkrai? I would go for Giratina instead
Lightweaver-Magearna/Arceus (I think these are good)
Stormcatcher-Zekrom (Or Zapdos or Raikou. Good though)
Plaguebringer-Yveltal (Good enough)
Gladekeeper-Virizion/Shaymin (Not a lot of choice but you also have Celebi.)
Earthshaker-Heatran/Entei Why fire types here? Why? Use the Pokemon that creates continents, Groudon. (Or stick with Heatran)
Tidelord-Dialga/Suicune Once again, use the most logical one, Kyogre. (Dialga isn't even a water type. Suicune might work though.)
Flamecaller-Groudon You have Moltres, Entei and Heatran.

Of course, I am only going by their typings/elements and powers now. I haven't looked at how they looked like at all.
407Ohsj.png
@BlueFireRose
We linked it to appearance alone, we hadn't considered powers at that moment. If I did drawings of them based on appearance, I would base any power seen in the drawing to the deities's, as opposed to the original Pokemon's. Also, Groudon, at least in ORAS (sadly I don't have the Gamboy to play the originals on) has a bit of a heat aesthetic as well as the controlling of land. Therefore, it might fit the Flamecaller a little better than first thought, even if not directly linked to fire.

Deoxys does work ok for Arcanist though, considering the amount of limbs. And I'm also considering Giratina for Shadowbinder.
@BlueFireRose
We linked it to appearance alone, we hadn't considered powers at that moment. If I did drawings of them based on appearance, I would base any power seen in the drawing to the deities's, as opposed to the original Pokemon's. Also, Groudon, at least in ORAS (sadly I don't have the Gamboy to play the originals on) has a bit of a heat aesthetic as well as the controlling of land. Therefore, it might fit the Flamecaller a little better than first thought, even if not directly linked to fire.

Deoxys does work ok for Arcanist though, considering the amount of limbs. And I'm also considering Giratina for Shadowbinder.
L O A D I N G . . .
I did some art before we thought up this whole thing, just thought I'd share it since I realized it fits in with the second AU here: [img]http://i.imgur.com/FmPsXlF.jpg[/img] EDIT: It's a mega Flygon idea wearing Windbound Plumage.
I did some art before we thought up this whole thing, just thought I'd share it since I realized it fits in with the second AU here:
FmPsXlF.jpg
EDIT: It's a mega Flygon idea wearing Windbound Plumage.
L O A D I N G . . .
@chaircatshizen
If you want to settle the Earthshaker debate, just use Regigigas, the tower or continents...or Regirock...because Rock. Arcanist can also be Mewtwo because he wasn't created naturally...and had a hand in nearly destroying the world.
@chaircatshizen
If you want to settle the Earthshaker debate, just use Regigigas, the tower or continents...or Regirock...because Rock. Arcanist can also be Mewtwo because he wasn't created naturally...and had a hand in nearly destroying the world.
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
@IronPen
In terms of appearance, I do think Earthshaker would be a Heatran though. In terms of power, then yes. Groudon, or those two Regi's would work.
@IronPen
In terms of appearance, I do think Earthshaker would be a Heatran though. In terms of power, then yes. Groudon, or those two Regi's would work.
L O A D I N G . . .