Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] Subnautica
[center][font=Monotype Corsiva][size=7][b]Subnautica[/b][color=#FFFFFF]aaaaaaaaaaaaa[/color][/size] [font=Monotype Corsiva][size=5][color=#FFFFFF]aaa[/color][i]A Story-Driven Pinkerlocke[/i][/center] [img]http://i.imgur.com/B8qGDw0.png[/img] Hello! Welcome to my first [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1904162]Pinkerlocke[/url]. I've got several plot points in store for you guys, and I hope I serve you well! Although this is a Pinkerlocke, it's a VERY dumbed down version, mostly focusing on story and the bonding of characters. Why is it called Subnautica? It's primarily underwater! All dragons will be Water dragons, or gifted with water breathing somehow. I've set up a self-updating spreadsheet, click [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OoR4jLYmEUusjMYK9y0rdTJAj3jGVIgLPa6p1RHzqQ8/edit?usp=sharing]here[/url] to put yourself on the pinglist or check the history of items! [font=Monotype Corsiva][size=5][b]Changed Rules[/b][/size][/font] [columns][list][*][color=#000000]Whenever a dragon 'dies' in the Coliseum, they must wait 3 days before fighting again to heal from wounds. [*][color=#000000]Unless stated otherwise, the item rules apply in this challenge! We are using easy mode with coliseum fighting. [*][color=#000000]Art may be replaced by writing; however, art is always encouraged. [*][color=#000000]New dragons will not be brought in nor will breeding occur unless relative to the plot. Only when the items are drawn may they take place, however.[nextcol][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1875081][img]http://orig12.deviantart.net/efa7/f/2016/175/d/1/npc_pinkerton_by_dogi_crimson-da7fzps.gif[/img][/url][/columns] [font=Monotype Corsiva][size=5][b]Dragons[/b][/size][/font] [columns][color=#FFFFFF]aaa[/color][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24615579][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/246156/24615579p.png[/img][/url][nextcol][color=#000000] - [b]Collen[/b] is a strong Imperial. He was raised from birth to assume his role as seer from his mother. However, when time came, he refused and fled. Shortly after, he was captured and held alive to exploit his 'powers'. Now, after escaping and with guards chasing after him, will he finally get the peace and quiet he desires?[/columns] [columns][right][color=#FFFFFF]aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa[/color]Who is this fae, and what does she desire..? - [nextcol][right][img]http://i.imgur.com/xNAPuYp.png[/img][/columns] [font=Monotype Corsiva][size=5][b]Table of Contents[/b][/size][/font] [font=Monotype Corsiva][size=4][i][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1903831#20958950]Prologue[/url][/i][/size][/font] [font=Monotype Corsiva][size=4][i]Chapter One
Subnauticaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaA Story-Driven Pinkerlocke

B8qGDw0.png

Hello! Welcome to my first Pinkerlocke. I've got several plot points in store for you guys, and I hope I serve you well! Although this is a Pinkerlocke, it's a VERY dumbed down version, mostly focusing on story and the bonding of characters.

Why is it called Subnautica? It's primarily underwater! All dragons will be Water dragons, or gifted with water breathing somehow.

I've set up a self-updating spreadsheet, click here to put yourself on the pinglist or check the history of items!

Changed Rules
  • Whenever a dragon 'dies' in the Coliseum, they must wait 3 days before fighting again to heal from wounds.
  • Unless stated otherwise, the item rules apply in this challenge! We are using easy mode with coliseum fighting.
  • Art may be replaced by writing; however, art is always encouraged.
  • New dragons will not be brought in nor will breeding occur unless relative to the plot. Only when the items are drawn may they take place, however.
npc_pinkerton_by_dogi_crimson-da7fzps.gif

Dragons
aaa24615579p.png - Collen is a strong Imperial. He was raised from birth to assume his role as seer from his mother. However, when time came, he refused and fled. Shortly after, he was captured and held alive to exploit his 'powers'. Now, after escaping and with guards chasing after him, will he finally get the peace and quiet he desires?
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaWho is this fae, and what does she desire..? -
xNAPuYp.png

Table of Contents

Prologue
Chapter One
o6FGGwX.pngGWb9eUn.png
ElKYM7J.pngjh3xPp0.png
mlHpBMC.png6mVFIuV.png
nWiQNX9.pngFObX7rS.png

x6q41j.png
8X2ZJTK.png
Prologue

aaaaaaLost. Alone. Frozen. Those were Collen's only feelings and thoughts as he wandered aimlessly through the wastes of The Fortress of Ends. Barely an adult, he was evicted from his clan for not fulfilling his role; the seer. He wasn't meant to be that way. All he wanted was a simple life, where he could live quietly, happily, in his own cave. ‘I'll never get that.. I'll die out here, no friends..' he thought solemnly to himself, teeth clattering and shuddering with each biting gust of wind.
aaaaaaAnd then he heard a noise.
aaaaaaIt sounded like claws scraping against the ice. "Hello? Who's t-there?" Collen called out, teeth clattering with each syllable. He heard a chuckle in response. He barely saw anything other than a simple glimpse of a sack going over his head and a quick tightening around his muzzle. He tried to kick but felt something like a syringe pierce under a crack in his scales. And then he was out.

aaaaaaCollen slowly drifted awake, his aching nerves firing in response. All he felt at that moment was tiredness. He was mildly confused, yes, but he could barely see anything as he regained consciousness.
aaaaaa"I see you're awake?" A feminine voice inquired as a Ridgeback shape faded into view. All Collen could give in response was a slurred muttering as he weakly rose his head.
aaaaaaThe Ridgeback seemed unimpressed. "Some more time," she ordered, turning to the guards and backing out of view. Collen slumped his head back down, drifting back asleep.

aaaaaaA swift pain in his side quickly woke him up.
aaaaaaCollen coughed with surprise and stared upwards. His body was tied to the frozen, stone floor. The Ridgeback was back, and most unimpressed.
aaaaaa"Well? Anything to say, Droplet?" She said with a smug smile and a chuckle. She knew she had the upper hand. She could control Collen... And he knew it.
aaaaaa"N-no," sputtered the Imperial, gaze drifting to the floor in an act of submissive fear. The Ridgeback snorted and left once more, slamming the jail door behind her. "Better tell us something soon.. Or else, Imperial!" She gloated as her claws made a distinctive 'tap, tap' across the floor.

aaaaaaIt was only then that Collen was able to see his surroundings. He was in a sort of stone jail cell, barely big enough for two imperials to sit comfortably in. The Tundra guard at the door was gazing rather curiously at his prisoner, curling his fingers around the polearm he was holding. The sound of a dragon approaching made him stiffen and the hair on his body stand up straight as he gazed forward. He saluted as a dark Wildclaw rushed past, scrolls almost tumbling out of their claws. The Tundra relaxed after they passed, and he turned around to gaze once again at the newcomer.

aaaaaa"If you're going to say something, say it," Collen hissed, tail curling with agitation.
aaaaaaThe Tundra tilted his head, as if in thought of how to respond. "You want to escape, no?" He sniffed the air. "I know that scent.. But I haven't smelt innocence in these caverns for years." He cautiously looked to his sides, before unlocking the gate and slipping in. Collen bucked to attempt to get away before the Tundra shushed him. "It's alright.. It's alright," he cooed in a calming voice. Collen hadn't been spoken to like that in years.. It calmed him, and he let the guard approach.
aaaaaa"Now if I could just get this right," he said, aiming his polearm at the cuffs around Collen's legs.. With a sharp jab, Collen's right arm was free.
aaaaaaGasping, the Imperial urged the Tundra on, hissing under his breath, "Yes! I can't.. Thank you enough! Please, hurry, before she comes back!" He tugged at the other chain, clattering it. With another swipe, he was free. He wriggled out of the ropes that held him down and swiftly hugged the Tundra.
aaaaaa"Not now, go!" He yelled, urging Collen out with a shove. The Imperial complied, but then stood there confused. "To the right, first left, straight out! Go, go!" The Tundra cried as the Imperial started down the hallway after the first command.

aaaaaaHe was almost there, almost out.. Down the left, straight through the main cavern. Charging forward, Collen ran with leaps and bounds, soaring quickly with new wings of hope. He almost made it out, before two Guardians turned to stop his final exit from the gods-forsaken fortress. With two pikes, they made a cross across the entrance, leaving little room to scrape by above them.
aaaaaaWith a surge of strength, Collen dived above them, scratching his thighs on the sharp tips. He barely squeezed by. Looking back as he ran across the tundra, his joy dimmed as he saw what appeared to be a whole fleet after him. With a gulp, he ran now with fear, right up to the edge of a cliff. Looking nervously behind and looking at the horde of guards after him, he made a quick choice; jump and hope for the best. With a smooth dive, Collen landed in the water, splaying out his wings as he hovered just below the surface. When he saw the fleet leap into the air, he began swimming. And then he swam, and he swam.

aaaaaaCollen tired eventually. But every time he looked up and imagined that Ridgeback above him, toothy grin and outstretched claws, it empowered him to go further. And go he did. He swam until he felt like his wings would fall off. He swam until he tail was a stiff edge, sore from moving back and forth endlessly. Exhaling, as much as one could underwater, Collen slowed as he saw a looming shape rising out of the sea. Considering his options, he gave one last, drawn out push to it, exhausted to his core.
aaaaaaIt was by his luck that he found the cave. He would have missed it in the colorful reef if it weren't for a pair of well-crafted pieces of coral creating an archway. Without thinking, he crawled in. It held a pocket of air and was dimly lit from the waters leading to the ocean. How it did not fill, Collen didn't know, however, he didn't care. Barely making it to an almost purposely placed ledge, he immediately flopped down, closed his eyes, and slept.

Had to replace some words (***** and *****) with pierce and crack. Nnnoooot what I wanted, but ah well.
Prologue

aaaaaaLost. Alone. Frozen. Those were Collen's only feelings and thoughts as he wandered aimlessly through the wastes of The Fortress of Ends. Barely an adult, he was evicted from his clan for not fulfilling his role; the seer. He wasn't meant to be that way. All he wanted was a simple life, where he could live quietly, happily, in his own cave. ‘I'll never get that.. I'll die out here, no friends..' he thought solemnly to himself, teeth clattering and shuddering with each biting gust of wind.
aaaaaaAnd then he heard a noise.
aaaaaaIt sounded like claws scraping against the ice. "Hello? Who's t-there?" Collen called out, teeth clattering with each syllable. He heard a chuckle in response. He barely saw anything other than a simple glimpse of a sack going over his head and a quick tightening around his muzzle. He tried to kick but felt something like a syringe pierce under a crack in his scales. And then he was out.

aaaaaaCollen slowly drifted awake, his aching nerves firing in response. All he felt at that moment was tiredness. He was mildly confused, yes, but he could barely see anything as he regained consciousness.
aaaaaa"I see you're awake?" A feminine voice inquired as a Ridgeback shape faded into view. All Collen could give in response was a slurred muttering as he weakly rose his head.
aaaaaaThe Ridgeback seemed unimpressed. "Some more time," she ordered, turning to the guards and backing out of view. Collen slumped his head back down, drifting back asleep.

aaaaaaA swift pain in his side quickly woke him up.
aaaaaaCollen coughed with surprise and stared upwards. His body was tied to the frozen, stone floor. The Ridgeback was back, and most unimpressed.
aaaaaa"Well? Anything to say, Droplet?" She said with a smug smile and a chuckle. She knew she had the upper hand. She could control Collen... And he knew it.
aaaaaa"N-no," sputtered the Imperial, gaze drifting to the floor in an act of submissive fear. The Ridgeback snorted and left once more, slamming the jail door behind her. "Better tell us something soon.. Or else, Imperial!" She gloated as her claws made a distinctive 'tap, tap' across the floor.

aaaaaaIt was only then that Collen was able to see his surroundings. He was in a sort of stone jail cell, barely big enough for two imperials to sit comfortably in. The Tundra guard at the door was gazing rather curiously at his prisoner, curling his fingers around the polearm he was holding. The sound of a dragon approaching made him stiffen and the hair on his body stand up straight as he gazed forward. He saluted as a dark Wildclaw rushed past, scrolls almost tumbling out of their claws. The Tundra relaxed after they passed, and he turned around to gaze once again at the newcomer.

aaaaaa"If you're going to say something, say it," Collen hissed, tail curling with agitation.
aaaaaaThe Tundra tilted his head, as if in thought of how to respond. "You want to escape, no?" He sniffed the air. "I know that scent.. But I haven't smelt innocence in these caverns for years." He cautiously looked to his sides, before unlocking the gate and slipping in. Collen bucked to attempt to get away before the Tundra shushed him. "It's alright.. It's alright," he cooed in a calming voice. Collen hadn't been spoken to like that in years.. It calmed him, and he let the guard approach.
aaaaaa"Now if I could just get this right," he said, aiming his polearm at the cuffs around Collen's legs.. With a sharp jab, Collen's right arm was free.
aaaaaaGasping, the Imperial urged the Tundra on, hissing under his breath, "Yes! I can't.. Thank you enough! Please, hurry, before she comes back!" He tugged at the other chain, clattering it. With another swipe, he was free. He wriggled out of the ropes that held him down and swiftly hugged the Tundra.
aaaaaa"Not now, go!" He yelled, urging Collen out with a shove. The Imperial complied, but then stood there confused. "To the right, first left, straight out! Go, go!" The Tundra cried as the Imperial started down the hallway after the first command.

aaaaaaHe was almost there, almost out.. Down the left, straight through the main cavern. Charging forward, Collen ran with leaps and bounds, soaring quickly with new wings of hope. He almost made it out, before two Guardians turned to stop his final exit from the gods-forsaken fortress. With two pikes, they made a cross across the entrance, leaving little room to scrape by above them.
aaaaaaWith a surge of strength, Collen dived above them, scratching his thighs on the sharp tips. He barely squeezed by. Looking back as he ran across the tundra, his joy dimmed as he saw what appeared to be a whole fleet after him. With a gulp, he ran now with fear, right up to the edge of a cliff. Looking nervously behind and looking at the horde of guards after him, he made a quick choice; jump and hope for the best. With a smooth dive, Collen landed in the water, splaying out his wings as he hovered just below the surface. When he saw the fleet leap into the air, he began swimming. And then he swam, and he swam.

aaaaaaCollen tired eventually. But every time he looked up and imagined that Ridgeback above him, toothy grin and outstretched claws, it empowered him to go further. And go he did. He swam until he felt like his wings would fall off. He swam until he tail was a stiff edge, sore from moving back and forth endlessly. Exhaling, as much as one could underwater, Collen slowed as he saw a looming shape rising out of the sea. Considering his options, he gave one last, drawn out push to it, exhausted to his core.
aaaaaaIt was by his luck that he found the cave. He would have missed it in the colorful reef if it weren't for a pair of well-crafted pieces of coral creating an archway. Without thinking, he crawled in. It held a pocket of air and was dimly lit from the waters leading to the ocean. How it did not fill, Collen didn't know, however, he didn't care. Barely making it to an almost purposely placed ledge, he immediately flopped down, closed his eyes, and slept.

Had to replace some words (***** and *****) with pierce and crack. Nnnoooot what I wanted, but ah well.
o6FGGwX.pngGWb9eUn.png
ElKYM7J.pngjh3xPp0.png
mlHpBMC.png6mVFIuV.png
nWiQNX9.pngFObX7rS.png

x6q41j.png
8X2ZJTK.png
update: i am trying
update: i am trying
o6FGGwX.pngGWb9eUn.png
ElKYM7J.pngjh3xPp0.png
mlHpBMC.png6mVFIuV.png
nWiQNX9.pngFObX7rS.png