Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Clan of Anod Eryn Lore (WIP)
[i][b][size=6]T[/b][/size]here is a forest on the edges of the domain of the Gladekeeper. It is ancient, sprouted in a time of turmoil, and powerful. Its trees are towering, the canopy spreading for miles across a stretch of land that connects the Viridian Labyrinth to the rest of Sornieth. While the Labyrinth is more tropical in nature, this forest is home to giant trees and rolling fauna. The wood can be a dangerous place, easy to become lost within the confines of trees more ancient than time. The forest, called Anod Eryn, is known far and wide by clans from every flight. A vast and wild forest – there are a variety of beasts that dwell there. Deep pools are hidden within the trees, and the foliage ranges from simple shrubs, strange fungi, powerful herbs, and most of all the towering redwood trees that grow toward the heart. Many have been lost within its seemingly endless paths, but many still try to find their way through despite the reputation. The forest sits on a land bridge that serves as the only way to reach the isle that houses the Viridian Labyrinth – home of the Gladekeeper. Most would sooner fly over Anod Eryn, but penetrating the Labyrinth is often easier said than done. Troops of beast and dragon-kind alike have chosen the path on foot, braving the dangers of land in an effort to lay siege to the clans of Nature. It is said that Anod Eryn is a different kind of forest, that it doesn’t welcome invaders… that the forest will fight back. Then there are those who dwell within. The clan of Anod Eryn is fierce, that much is clear. There is a misconception about those of the Nature Flight, that they are weak because they chose to honor life and growth above all things. But Nature is wild, and vicious when needed. The dragons of Anod Eryn guard the borders fiercely; always watchful for there are those that would use the forest for a darker purpose. [/i] [quote][b]Authors Note:[/b] This will be a thread dedicated to the lore of my clan - Anod Eryn. This is mostly for my own reference, but comments and questions are always welcome. I will update periodically with information as it spews from my silly little brain. ^_^ Any and all authors notes will be posted in the quote bracket, mostly for my own sanity. This was a project that I started simply to garner some attachment to my dragons. It has turned into a behemoth of epic proportions. As time passes, I will post updates as well as images to accompany the story. It is rather my own fanfiction for FR, so please understand whilst I respect and love the source material my ideas are my own. For now, happy reading![/quote]
There is a forest on the edges of the domain of the Gladekeeper. It is ancient, sprouted in a time of turmoil, and powerful. Its trees are towering, the canopy spreading for miles across a stretch of land that connects the Viridian Labyrinth to the rest of Sornieth. While the Labyrinth is more tropical in nature, this forest is home to giant trees and rolling fauna. The wood can be a dangerous place, easy to become lost within the confines of trees more ancient than time.

The forest, called Anod Eryn, is known far and wide by clans from every flight. A vast and wild forest – there are a variety of beasts that dwell there. Deep pools are hidden within the trees, and the foliage ranges from simple shrubs, strange fungi, powerful herbs, and most of all the towering redwood trees that grow toward the heart. Many have been lost within its seemingly endless paths, but many still try to find their way through despite the reputation.

The forest sits on a land bridge that serves as the only way to reach the isle that houses the Viridian Labyrinth – home of the Gladekeeper. Most would sooner fly over Anod Eryn, but penetrating the Labyrinth is often easier said than done. Troops of beast and dragon-kind alike have chosen the path on foot, braving the dangers of land in an effort to lay siege to the clans of Nature. It is said that Anod Eryn is a different kind of forest, that it doesn’t welcome invaders… that the forest will fight back.

Then there are those who dwell within.

The clan of Anod Eryn is fierce, that much is clear. There is a misconception about those of the Nature Flight, that they are weak because they chose to honor life and growth above all things. But Nature is wild, and vicious when needed. The dragons of Anod Eryn guard the borders fiercely; always watchful for there are those that would use the forest for a darker purpose.

Quote:
Authors Note:
This will be a thread dedicated to the lore of my clan - Anod Eryn. This is mostly for my own reference, but comments and questions are always welcome. I will update periodically with information as it spews from my silly little brain. ^_^

Any and all authors notes will be posted in the quote bracket, mostly for my own sanity. This was a project that I started simply to garner some attachment to my dragons. It has turned into a behemoth of epic proportions.

As time passes, I will post updates as well as images to accompany the story. It is rather my own fanfiction for FR, so please understand whilst I respect and love the source material my ideas are my own. For now, happy reading!
Part 1 – Birth

The forest of Anod Eryn was ancient before the first young Avatar gathered a group of followers to protect it. It is said that in the Third Age, as the Gladekeeper fled the destruction wrought by the Shade, she was drawn toward a small corpse of trees.
They were tender young saplings; untouched by the savage ways of her sister, and amongst them was the mother tree. It was a mighty redwood, its branches strong and proud, though it too was still a young tree. The Gladekeeper sheltered within a deep knot in the trunk as the Pillar shattered and the world around her changed forever.

When again she could move, the Gladekeeper stepped out from her shelter and felt the draw of the arcane magicks from a piece of the Pillar. The corpse was situated on a land bridge that was miles of plains and rolling hills. The power that drew her was north, on a peninsula that was already swarming with growth; this land would one day become the Viridian Labyrinth.
Yet the corpse that had sheltered her was no more. The young saplings had been ripped from the earth, the beginnings of the young forest utterly annihilated by the sheer power of the Pillar’s destruction. The Gladekeeper bowed in her sorrow.

Yet, the mother tree still stood. Greatly scarred, the tree that had sheltered her stood bent; but not broken. With love, the Gladekeeper laid a blessing on her protector. Life sprang out from this center point, the saplings began to regrow, the undergrowth rolled out from its’ roots like a carpet.
The mother tree regained vitality and expanded, and as the Gladekeeper sang out her adoration, it grew explosively. The corpse returned, and then expanded, until it overtook the plains of the land bridge.

It was thus that Anod Eryn was born, the Protector standing as the greatest tree in the heart of the mighty wood. The Gladekeeper left the wood, moving deeper to what would be her domain, but the forest never forgot her gift.

Part 2 – Purpose

When dragonkind, the first children of the Nature Flight, found their way to the outer edges of their territory they discovered the strange forest. The trees were unusually large, and the great mother tree had an energy around it that almost bespoke… sentience. Located on the only land connection to the Labyrinth, it had attracted beasts of all sorts.
The first Avatar of the clan of Anod Eryn, a dragon who possessed a wander lust not often seen by those hailing from the Gladekeeper’s domain, felt compelled to the mighty mother tree.

It is said that she stepped into the same nook that sheltered the Gladekeeper ages before, and shared dreams with the tree. For three days she slept, for trees do nothing quickly, and when she woke she knew a purpose. She told her small group of followers what the tree; known now as Thoeris, had shared with her.
It remembered the time when the mother of all nature had been beneath her branches and the gift of life and growth that the dragon god had left behind. It showed her that the forest was more than alive, it had thought and feeling. It shared memories and knowledge with the young dragon, and when she returned to her clan-mates the emblem of nature glowed gently from her brow. The first Avatar was made.

The beautiful forest was a place of life and growth, but where there is light there would always be darkness. The forest had grown mighty and wild, providing a layer of protection for the Labyrinth that was the domain of its’ maker, but trees were only able to grow.
They could not stop those things that crept within the shadows that they cast, and they could not stop those who would do harm to the wood. Thoeris, the mother tree, wanted to continue her role of protector – but she could not do it alone.

So it was that a bargain was struck with the ancient wood. These dragons who had wandered here would now serve as protectors. They would live and train under the watchful trees, they would range out far and wide to understand what threats could come to their doorstep. Above all, they would guard the realm of their mother with all the steadfastness of the protector tree – standing strong even in the face of the end of the world.

Part 3 - Prophecy COMING SOON
Part 1 – Birth

The forest of Anod Eryn was ancient before the first young Avatar gathered a group of followers to protect it. It is said that in the Third Age, as the Gladekeeper fled the destruction wrought by the Shade, she was drawn toward a small corpse of trees.
They were tender young saplings; untouched by the savage ways of her sister, and amongst them was the mother tree. It was a mighty redwood, its branches strong and proud, though it too was still a young tree. The Gladekeeper sheltered within a deep knot in the trunk as the Pillar shattered and the world around her changed forever.

When again she could move, the Gladekeeper stepped out from her shelter and felt the draw of the arcane magicks from a piece of the Pillar. The corpse was situated on a land bridge that was miles of plains and rolling hills. The power that drew her was north, on a peninsula that was already swarming with growth; this land would one day become the Viridian Labyrinth.
Yet the corpse that had sheltered her was no more. The young saplings had been ripped from the earth, the beginnings of the young forest utterly annihilated by the sheer power of the Pillar’s destruction. The Gladekeeper bowed in her sorrow.

Yet, the mother tree still stood. Greatly scarred, the tree that had sheltered her stood bent; but not broken. With love, the Gladekeeper laid a blessing on her protector. Life sprang out from this center point, the saplings began to regrow, the undergrowth rolled out from its’ roots like a carpet.
The mother tree regained vitality and expanded, and as the Gladekeeper sang out her adoration, it grew explosively. The corpse returned, and then expanded, until it overtook the plains of the land bridge.

It was thus that Anod Eryn was born, the Protector standing as the greatest tree in the heart of the mighty wood. The Gladekeeper left the wood, moving deeper to what would be her domain, but the forest never forgot her gift.

Part 2 – Purpose

When dragonkind, the first children of the Nature Flight, found their way to the outer edges of their territory they discovered the strange forest. The trees were unusually large, and the great mother tree had an energy around it that almost bespoke… sentience. Located on the only land connection to the Labyrinth, it had attracted beasts of all sorts.
The first Avatar of the clan of Anod Eryn, a dragon who possessed a wander lust not often seen by those hailing from the Gladekeeper’s domain, felt compelled to the mighty mother tree.

It is said that she stepped into the same nook that sheltered the Gladekeeper ages before, and shared dreams with the tree. For three days she slept, for trees do nothing quickly, and when she woke she knew a purpose. She told her small group of followers what the tree; known now as Thoeris, had shared with her.
It remembered the time when the mother of all nature had been beneath her branches and the gift of life and growth that the dragon god had left behind. It showed her that the forest was more than alive, it had thought and feeling. It shared memories and knowledge with the young dragon, and when she returned to her clan-mates the emblem of nature glowed gently from her brow. The first Avatar was made.

The beautiful forest was a place of life and growth, but where there is light there would always be darkness. The forest had grown mighty and wild, providing a layer of protection for the Labyrinth that was the domain of its’ maker, but trees were only able to grow.
They could not stop those things that crept within the shadows that they cast, and they could not stop those who would do harm to the wood. Thoeris, the mother tree, wanted to continue her role of protector – but she could not do it alone.

So it was that a bargain was struck with the ancient wood. These dragons who had wandered here would now serve as protectors. They would live and train under the watchful trees, they would range out far and wide to understand what threats could come to their doorstep. Above all, they would guard the realm of their mother with all the steadfastness of the protector tree – standing strong even in the face of the end of the world.

Part 3 - Prophecy COMING SOON
Reserved - Current Lore
Reserved - Current Lore
Clan Ranks

Avatar – Usually born into the right, the Clan must come together in a week long meeting to decide upon the new Avatar if the current is deemed unsuitable. It does not often happen, since being clan Avatar is a position with most responsibility. He/She has the final say in most decisions, and is often used as a mediator to keep the peace within the clan. Above all, the Avatar must have a deep connection with the forest and hold sacred the ideals that guide the clan.

General – The position is equivalent to being the ‘Deputy’ of the clan. General is a title earned and bestowed by the Clan Avatar. As the name might imply, the General is usually responsible for patrols and defense of the Clan, and sharing the responsibilities of the Clan Avatar. A General is considered to be the best fighter in the Clan, and trusted to the absence of a Leader. Generals are often selected to become Avatars, but cannot hold both positions at once.

Warden –While all dragons in the clan are battle capable, there are some that excel in combat. These dragons are asked to serve as Wardens. These dragons use their battle prowess to ever benefit the clan, be it in defense of their borders or in the assault of the beast clans. When a dragon becomes a full-fledged Warden they participate in a ceremony called the Vigil of Wardens. It is a fortnight journey that must be taken towards the heart of Anod Eryn and beyond to the Viridian Labyrinth. It is said this is where Wardens will find their warrior spirit that enables them to fight with all the fury of nature. Wardens are permitted to wear armor, a rare commodity and tend to be prideful.

Howler – A unique position within the Clan, Howlers are regarded with some respect and no small amount of fear. They are a fearless lot, and serve as the hunters – not only of beasts to feed the clan – but the trackers of dragons. Marked by fur and pelts, they range out as scouts - sometimes far from the shelter of the ancient forest – and gather information about the world beyond the borders. They are known for their vicious nature, Howlers answer directly to the clan Avatar. This group is rather eclectic and tends towards clan fanaticism.

Shaman – While all clans need healers, Shaman also serve more than one purpose. Shamans are the scholars of the clan, learning all that they can about the forest and its many wonders. As healers they are unrivaled, but they also experiment with the different elements they find. They watch the stars, predict weather, and eat strange mushrooms – all so that they may acquire more knowledge. This is a great service to the clan, as it leads to new and innovative solutions to the daily trials of clan life.

Weaver - This is the title that every member of the clan holds. Weather one serves as a under another title within the clan, all members are Weavers. A clan must have members willing to work together to hunt, gather, and overall create the population to sustain. Some choose to become artisans, some will cultivate crops, and some still will serve as messengers in times of need. The term Weaver is a reminder that all the members of the clan are there for a purpose; to protect the ancient forest and through that – the heart of the Glade.

Clan Ranks

Avatar – Usually born into the right, the Clan must come together in a week long meeting to decide upon the new Avatar if the current is deemed unsuitable. It does not often happen, since being clan Avatar is a position with most responsibility. He/She has the final say in most decisions, and is often used as a mediator to keep the peace within the clan. Above all, the Avatar must have a deep connection with the forest and hold sacred the ideals that guide the clan.

General – The position is equivalent to being the ‘Deputy’ of the clan. General is a title earned and bestowed by the Clan Avatar. As the name might imply, the General is usually responsible for patrols and defense of the Clan, and sharing the responsibilities of the Clan Avatar. A General is considered to be the best fighter in the Clan, and trusted to the absence of a Leader. Generals are often selected to become Avatars, but cannot hold both positions at once.

Warden –While all dragons in the clan are battle capable, there are some that excel in combat. These dragons are asked to serve as Wardens. These dragons use their battle prowess to ever benefit the clan, be it in defense of their borders or in the assault of the beast clans. When a dragon becomes a full-fledged Warden they participate in a ceremony called the Vigil of Wardens. It is a fortnight journey that must be taken towards the heart of Anod Eryn and beyond to the Viridian Labyrinth. It is said this is where Wardens will find their warrior spirit that enables them to fight with all the fury of nature. Wardens are permitted to wear armor, a rare commodity and tend to be prideful.

Howler – A unique position within the Clan, Howlers are regarded with some respect and no small amount of fear. They are a fearless lot, and serve as the hunters – not only of beasts to feed the clan – but the trackers of dragons. Marked by fur and pelts, they range out as scouts - sometimes far from the shelter of the ancient forest – and gather information about the world beyond the borders. They are known for their vicious nature, Howlers answer directly to the clan Avatar. This group is rather eclectic and tends towards clan fanaticism.

Shaman – While all clans need healers, Shaman also serve more than one purpose. Shamans are the scholars of the clan, learning all that they can about the forest and its many wonders. As healers they are unrivaled, but they also experiment with the different elements they find. They watch the stars, predict weather, and eat strange mushrooms – all so that they may acquire more knowledge. This is a great service to the clan, as it leads to new and innovative solutions to the daily trials of clan life.

Weaver - This is the title that every member of the clan holds. Weather one serves as a under another title within the clan, all members are Weavers. A clan must have members willing to work together to hunt, gather, and overall create the population to sustain. Some choose to become artisans, some will cultivate crops, and some still will serve as messengers in times of need. The term Weaver is a reminder that all the members of the clan are there for a purpose; to protect the ancient forest and through that – the heart of the Glade.

Reserved - Notable Members Thoeris - Known as the mother tree, this is the heart of Anod Eryn. A tremendous redwood with a large hollow. When the Gladekeeper gave her blessing to the forest, the tree gained a very low form of sentience. The Clan Avatar will sleep in the sacred hollow in order to communicate with Thoeris, but it is very draining on the dragon. It is said that through this tree you can connect with the entire forest. San - Current Avatar of the clan, San is the youngest leader they have had in clan memory. He came to the clan as a hatchling, having been found deep in the forest by Levi. There was a great coup that lead to his becoming Avatar, and there is much disagreement about who or what he really is. Some believe he was born from the Gladekeeper herself, and is sent to guide Anod Eryn to greatness - others think that with his willingness to flout tradition he will lead to the destruction of the clan. Levi - General of the clan. Levi has grown up in the forest his whole life. He was the one to find San when they were both hatchlings, and has been his most loyal and true friend. His father was the previous clan General, and Levi has grown up with only that goal in mind. He is well liked throughout the clan, and while he can be strict he enjoys laughing and charming others. Nisha - The first dragon of an opposing flight that was accepted in to the clan. Some would say it was her arrival that started the inevitable civil war within the clan that allowed San to become Avatar. The runt of her clutch, she was left in the forest by her mother in the hopes she would somehow survive to adulthood. She met San and Levi, who hid her presence in the woods and became her best friends. Now she is considered to be the most deadly fighter in the clan. Brethil - The official mate of San, Brethil was given to the clan of Anod Eryn as a part of a traditional pact with the Storm Weaver Clan. Brethil and San get along well on the surface, but there is no love between them. Their being mates was part of a tradition that neither could flout. Brethil is well loved by the clan though, she and San have a working partnership for the good of the clan. Kitsune - Leader of the Howlers and one of the senior clan members. Moon - A soothsayer, Moon sometimes receives visions that warn her of great danger. She has powerful magic in her that often makes other dragons uncomfortable. As well as being mute, sje can be rather intimidating. She has a special connection with her mate, Yue, who helps connect her to others. Yue - An astronomer, Yue is fascinated with study of the natural world. He is very calm and deep, often poetic in his thoughts and words. He has spent his life in the clan, and helped San in the battles that led to his ascension to clan Avatar. He has a special connection with Moon, his mate, that allows him to almost 'hear' her thoughts. [quote]These are the permanent dragons of my clan.[/quote]
Reserved - Notable Members

Thoeris - Known as the mother tree, this is the heart of Anod Eryn. A tremendous redwood with a large hollow. When the Gladekeeper gave her blessing to the forest, the tree gained a very low form of sentience. The Clan Avatar will sleep in the sacred hollow in order to communicate with Thoeris, but it is very draining on the dragon. It is said that through this tree you can connect with the entire forest.

San - Current Avatar of the clan, San is the youngest leader they have had in clan memory. He came to the clan as a hatchling, having been found deep in the forest by Levi. There was a great coup that lead to his becoming Avatar, and there is much disagreement about who or what he really is. Some believe he was born from the Gladekeeper herself, and is sent to guide Anod Eryn to greatness - others think that with his willingness to flout tradition he will lead to the destruction of the clan.

Levi - General of the clan. Levi has grown up in the forest his whole life. He was the one to find San when they were both hatchlings, and has been his most loyal and true friend. His father was the previous clan General, and Levi has grown up with only that goal in mind. He is well liked throughout the clan, and while he can be strict he enjoys laughing and charming others.

Nisha - The first dragon of an opposing flight that was accepted in to the clan. Some would say it was her arrival that started the inevitable civil war within the clan that allowed San to become Avatar. The runt of her clutch, she was left in the forest by her mother in the hopes she would somehow survive to adulthood. She met San and Levi, who hid her presence in the woods and became her best friends. Now she is considered to be the most deadly fighter in the clan.

Brethil - The official mate of San, Brethil was given to the clan of Anod Eryn as a part of a traditional pact with the Storm Weaver Clan. Brethil and San get along well on the surface, but there is no love between them. Their being mates was part of a tradition that neither could flout. Brethil is well loved by the clan though, she and San have a working partnership for the good of the clan.

Kitsune - Leader of the Howlers and one of the senior clan members.

Moon - A soothsayer, Moon sometimes receives visions that warn her of great danger. She has powerful magic in her that often makes other dragons uncomfortable. As well as being mute, sje can be rather intimidating. She has a special connection with her mate, Yue, who helps connect her to others.

Yue - An astronomer, Yue is fascinated with study of the natural world. He is very calm and deep, often poetic in his thoughts and words. He has spent his life in the clan, and helped San in the battles that led to his ascension to clan Avatar. He has a special connection with Moon, his mate, that allows him to almost 'hear' her thoughts.

Quote:
These are the permanent dragons of my clan.
Reserved - Art!
Reserved - Art!

Skydancer Mutations

There are several sub-types of Skydancer within the species. While all dancers have the same overall characteristics – being long of limb, the ability to be bipedal, and of course the ever present bony protrusion that leads to their sensitivity – there are some differences within the breed leading to different ‘types’ of ‘Dancers.

Hatchlings:
Hatchlings of Skydancer nests all look the same at birth. It is only as they reach their adolescence that some changes in appearance may occur. Furthermore, a crossbreed from a Skydancer and another breed of dragon may have the same genetic traits from the Dancer parent that may not usually be present in the young dragons breed.

Feathered:
The most common variation in Skydancers is the presence of an extra layer of feathers. While all Dancers are born with an initial layer that grows close to the apex of the wing, as a young dragon grows to adulthood they will experience another growth of longer flight feathers. These will grow under the leathery skin of their wings and are usually long and thick.

Dragons with this growth are able to fly and glide for much longer distances than their brethren, though they may tend towards more issues such as yearly molting and feather rot. Both males and females can experience this growth – there is no discernible hereditary pattern that leads to feathers.

Tail Feathers:
Often seen with wing feathers, tail feathers are another mutation that is common in Dancers. As a dragon reaches adolescence, some may experience the fur on the ends of their tails shedding off. As this happens, a new growth of feathers will take the place of the fur. It is notable that females tend towards longer more fine feathers on their tails – but they are equally distributed between both male and female Skydancers.

Antlers:
This variation promotes the growth of a fine rack of antlers in Skydancers. Usually only seen when a male Dancer reaches adulthood – they are exceedingly rare in females. Normally, the antlers sprout from a point behind the faceplate of the male.

A skydancer will experience a yearly molt of the antlers each spring, with the rack growing back by the fall. While the antlers give these males an elegant look, and are often seen as a mark of good breeding, they are seldom used in fights. In addition, one may be able to find a feathered Dancer with no antlers – but will never find an antlered Dancer without feathers. The genealogy is unclear, but it seems that the antler growth is exclusive to those with feathered wings.

Skydancer Mutations

There are several sub-types of Skydancer within the species. While all dancers have the same overall characteristics – being long of limb, the ability to be bipedal, and of course the ever present bony protrusion that leads to their sensitivity – there are some differences within the breed leading to different ‘types’ of ‘Dancers.

Hatchlings:
Hatchlings of Skydancer nests all look the same at birth. It is only as they reach their adolescence that some changes in appearance may occur. Furthermore, a crossbreed from a Skydancer and another breed of dragon may have the same genetic traits from the Dancer parent that may not usually be present in the young dragons breed.

Feathered:
The most common variation in Skydancers is the presence of an extra layer of feathers. While all Dancers are born with an initial layer that grows close to the apex of the wing, as a young dragon grows to adulthood they will experience another growth of longer flight feathers. These will grow under the leathery skin of their wings and are usually long and thick.

Dragons with this growth are able to fly and glide for much longer distances than their brethren, though they may tend towards more issues such as yearly molting and feather rot. Both males and females can experience this growth – there is no discernible hereditary pattern that leads to feathers.

Tail Feathers:
Often seen with wing feathers, tail feathers are another mutation that is common in Dancers. As a dragon reaches adolescence, some may experience the fur on the ends of their tails shedding off. As this happens, a new growth of feathers will take the place of the fur. It is notable that females tend towards longer more fine feathers on their tails – but they are equally distributed between both male and female Skydancers.

Antlers:
This variation promotes the growth of a fine rack of antlers in Skydancers. Usually only seen when a male Dancer reaches adulthood – they are exceedingly rare in females. Normally, the antlers sprout from a point behind the faceplate of the male.

A skydancer will experience a yearly molt of the antlers each spring, with the rack growing back by the fall. While the antlers give these males an elegant look, and are often seen as a mark of good breeding, they are seldom used in fights. In addition, one may be able to find a feathered Dancer with no antlers – but will never find an antlered Dancer without feathers. The genealogy is unclear, but it seems that the antler growth is exclusive to those with feathered wings.

[size=6]Wildclaw Headcannon[/size] While Wildclaws excel at aerial and ground combat, they abhor water. An often used tactic by enemy species, such as Guardians and Ridgebacks, is to bait enemy Wildclaws over open water and drive them under. Wildclaws often cannot fly for long distances like other dragons, mostly due to the density and musculature of their bodies. While they do have an explosive burst while flying it cannot be maintained, and often their wings are damaged in combat. That being said, there is no dragon faster than a Wildclaw on foot. A pack of 'Claws running straight in to battle at full tilt is enough to make any enemy think twice. A pack of Wildclaws on foot moves in formation, with the young, old, or injured traveling the interior and the seasoned warriors on the outside. 'Claws often break off their horns or claws in battle. This is seen as a good thing, for every time they grow back they will grow thicker and stronger. It's a grave insult to say that a Wildclaw is a 'Thin Claw'. It states that they have not seen good battle and are therefore inferior. When in battle, or hunting, Wildclaws will communicate with a series of clicks and hisses. This serves to confuse and intimidate their enemies or pray, but can be a problem if they are in a clan with other breeds of dragon. Often they will heard larger pray until exhaustion to bring it down, each member of the pack diving in and out for quick violent strikes and bites. With their strong legs, 'Claws will leap on their pray to finish them, using their wings to prolong their jump so they are often not seen coming. Due to their opposable thumbs, Wildclaws excel at smithing. If a clan from any flight has a smith for armor, he or she is most likely a Wildclaw. [quote][b]Note:[/b]This is intended to be additions to the character lore that already exists on FR. [/quote]
Wildclaw Headcannon

While Wildclaws excel at aerial and ground combat, they abhor water. An often used tactic by enemy species, such as Guardians and Ridgebacks, is to bait enemy Wildclaws over open water and drive them under.

Wildclaws often cannot fly for long distances like other dragons, mostly due to the density and musculature of their bodies. While they do have an explosive burst while flying it cannot be maintained, and often their wings are damaged in combat. That being said, there is no dragon faster than a Wildclaw on foot. A pack of 'Claws running straight in to battle at full tilt is enough to make any enemy think twice. A pack of Wildclaws on foot moves in formation, with the young, old, or injured traveling the interior and the seasoned warriors on the outside.

'Claws often break off their horns or claws in battle. This is seen as a good thing, for every time they grow back they will grow thicker and stronger. It's a grave insult to say that a Wildclaw is a 'Thin Claw'. It states that they have not seen good battle and are therefore inferior. When in battle, or hunting, Wildclaws will communicate with a series of clicks and hisses. This serves to confuse and intimidate their enemies or pray, but can be a problem if they are in a clan with other breeds of dragon. Often they will heard larger pray until exhaustion to bring it down, each member of the pack diving in and out for quick violent strikes and bites. With their strong legs, 'Claws will leap on their pray to finish them, using their wings to prolong their jump so they are often not seen coming.

Due to their opposable thumbs, Wildclaws excel at smithing. If a clan from any flight has a smith for armor, he or she is most likely a Wildclaw.
Quote:
Note:This is intended to be additions to the character lore that already exists on FR.
Reserved - Reference credit

Headcannon thread (X)
Reserved - Reference credit

Headcannon thread (X)
Reserved - FAQ
Reserved - FAQ