Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Wanted: Adventurers [Pinkerlocke]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 26 27
@Artorias - Thank you. I realized today that I can't plan the story out too much in advance because if Pink gives me another familiar, I have to work in more dragons. LOL But I think Nuvy and Fate will be good for Rockfish. Keeping them out of trouble will be a good outlet for all his energy.. LOL

The accent was a entry for the Arcane festival that didn't win. Anemia made it and sold them in their thread, here: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/skin/1506645 I really liked how it looked on Axolotl, so I decided to work it into the story since they were already in the Starwood Strand. =D
@Artorias - Thank you. I realized today that I can't plan the story out too much in advance because if Pink gives me another familiar, I have to work in more dragons. LOL But I think Nuvy and Fate will be good for Rockfish. Keeping them out of trouble will be a good outlet for all his energy.. LOL

The accent was a entry for the Arcane festival that didn't win. Anemia made it and sold them in their thread, here: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/skin/1506645 I really liked how it looked on Axolotl, so I decided to work it into the story since they were already in the Starwood Strand. =D
ruNnigQ.gif For
Sale
63776550.png94672840.png87809713.png.png
@HSoup
That's the trouble I'm having with mine as well. I have the very basic bones of the story down, like the end goal and their general path, but I'm trying to leave it flexible for more dragons to be introduced. And lol, well a hyperactive little Spiral hatchling and and a Nocturne would tucker anyone out I'm sure.

It's really neat! I like how you worked it into the story! And wow, I'm surprised it didn't win, it's lovely! I may check out their shop, thank you!
@HSoup
That's the trouble I'm having with mine as well. I have the very basic bones of the story down, like the end goal and their general path, but I'm trying to leave it flexible for more dragons to be introduced. And lol, well a hyperactive little Spiral hatchling and and a Nocturne would tucker anyone out I'm sure.

It's really neat! I like how you worked it into the story! And wow, I'm surprised it didn't win, it's lovely! I may check out their shop, thank you!
kPwiKAr.png mlHpBMC.png
PVehrz5.png
hLxdQZ3.png
» g1 addict
» skin n accent hoarder
» Nest Network 3.4
[center][font=papyrus][color=#00008B][size=7][b]Day 13[/b][/size][/color][/font] [item=chewy tentacle] 30-40 coli matches[/center] ----- The growing group of adventurers made their way across the Crystalspine Reaches. They had a few skirmishes with local fauna. No major injuries were sustained. ----- Meanwhile, back in the Sunbeam Ruins, the shady Ridgeback that sent our intrepid adventurers out, was receiving news from his contact at the Observatory. He had received a scroll via messenger fae and was reading through it with a scowl. [columns][img]http://i.imgur.com/YbcrTjE.png[/img][nextcol][i]What do you mean they haven't showed up yet?[/i] (He roared.) [i]They should have been there already. What are they doing, sightseeing? Grrr. [/i][/columns] The little fae shrunk back into the shadows. He didn't know if he was supposed to try to answer that, so he thought it was safest to stay quiet. He didn't want the Ridgeback to direct any of his anger towards him. He was just the messenger after all. [columns] [img]http://i.imgur.com/YbcrTjE.png[/img][nextcol][i]Messenger! I want to send a reply. Tell him he has to wait another cycle. I don't care if he has to wait 10 cycles. I'm paying him enough to wait until the Arcanist destroys the world again. He absolutely has to be there when those chumps get there. I have worked too hard for this to get messed up because he is bored waiting for them to arrive. I must get my claws on that piece.[/i][/columns] With a start, the Ridgeback clamped his jaws shut and narrowed his eyes at the messenger fae. [columns] [img]http://i.imgur.com/YbcrTjE.png[/img][nextcol][i]Leave that last bit about the piece off the message when you deliver it, understood? [/i][/columns] The little fae nodded and bolted from the tent. He wanted to put as much distance between himself and that ridgeback as fast as possible. There was something about that dragon that made a chill go up his spine. He shook himself mid-flight, and headed off to the Observatory to deliver the Ridgeback's message. [quote][center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1585900/3#14428997]Previous - 12 [/url] | Current - 13 | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1585900/5#14482885]Next - 14[/url][/center][/quote] ----- [color=#00008B]40 Battles - Notable loot - 2 Leafy packs. Sailfish, Axolotl and Rockfish are now level 8. 30 battles were in the Woodland Path until they leveled up. I'm so glad I am playing by the 1 level below highest leveled dragon. The Scorched Forest was difficult with them as 8's, I can't imagine what would have happened if they had been only level 7. I had to use a lot of health potions and could not get a Victory Chain going. I know today was a coli day, but I feel like I am getting so behind on the story, so I added a little bit of the story that isn't directly the Adventurers. =D[/color] @Artorias @HuntingAlpha @tigressRising
Day 13

Chewy Tentacle
30-40 coli matches

The growing group of adventurers made their way across the Crystalspine Reaches. They had a few skirmishes with local fauna. No major injuries were sustained.

Meanwhile, back in the Sunbeam Ruins, the shady Ridgeback that sent our intrepid adventurers out, was receiving news from his contact at the Observatory. He had received a scroll via messenger fae and was reading through it with a scowl.
YbcrTjE.png What do you mean they haven't showed up yet? (He roared.) They should have been there already. What are they doing, sightseeing? Grrr.

The little fae shrunk back into the shadows. He didn't know if he was supposed to try to answer that, so he thought it was safest to stay quiet. He didn't want the Ridgeback to direct any of his anger towards him. He was just the messenger after all.
YbcrTjE.png Messenger! I want to send a reply. Tell him he has to wait another cycle. I don't care if he has to wait 10 cycles. I'm paying him enough to wait until the Arcanist destroys the world again. He absolutely has to be there when those chumps get there. I have worked too hard for this to get messed up because he is bored waiting for them to arrive. I must get my claws on that piece.

With a start, the Ridgeback clamped his jaws shut and narrowed his eyes at the messenger fae.
YbcrTjE.png Leave that last bit about the piece off the message when you deliver it, understood?

The little fae nodded and bolted from the tent. He wanted to put as much distance between himself and that ridgeback as fast as possible. There was something about that dragon that made a chill go up his spine. He shook himself mid-flight, and headed off to the Observatory to deliver the Ridgeback's message.

Quote:
Previous - 12 | Current - 13 | Next - 14

40 Battles - Notable loot - 2 Leafy packs.
Sailfish, Axolotl and Rockfish are now level 8. 30 battles were in the Woodland Path until they leveled up. I'm so glad I am playing by the 1 level below highest leveled dragon. The Scorched Forest was difficult with them as 8's, I can't imagine what would have happened if they had been only level 7. I had to use a lot of health potions and could not get a Victory Chain going.

I know today was a coli day, but I feel like I am getting so behind on the story, so I added a little bit of the story that isn't directly the Adventurers. =D

@Artorias @HuntingAlpha @tigressRising
ruNnigQ.gif For
Sale
@HSoup Yay, new update! That Ridgeback still seems shady to me... I wonder what he meant by "that piece"? And thank goodness Sailfish, Axolotl and Rockfish made it out of the Scorched Forest alive.
@HSoup Yay, new update! That Ridgeback still seems shady to me... I wonder what he meant by "that piece"? And thank goodness Sailfish, Axolotl and Rockfish made it out of the Scorched Forest alive.
Na5WGHa.png
@tigressRising - Oh, believe me, he is super shady! What does he have in store for our adventurers? We will just have to wait for more materials to find out. =D
@tigressRising - Oh, believe me, he is super shady! What does he have in store for our adventurers? We will just have to wait for more materials to find out. =D
ruNnigQ.gif For
Sale
@HSoup

Ooh, this is getting mysterious! I always had a bad feeling about that Ridgeback.

And good to hear that everyone survived the Scorched Forest, it really starts getting brutal there.
@HSoup

Ooh, this is getting mysterious! I always had a bad feeling about that Ridgeback.

And good to hear that everyone survived the Scorched Forest, it really starts getting brutal there.
kPwiKAr.png mlHpBMC.png
PVehrz5.png
hLxdQZ3.png
» g1 addict
» skin n accent hoarder
» Nest Network 3.4
@Artorias @HuntingAlpha @tigressRising - I have a question for those of you on my pinglist. I have been putting in links from each post to the next if there are non-Pinkerlocke posts in-between. Would it be helpful to have them also for the post before the new post in case you want to refresh your mind as to what the last thing that happened was?

I'm trying to figure out a good way to format that into each post of the actual Pinkerlocke. Maybe like how I did it for the RECAP posts. Like for day 12 I would have this at the bottom (or top?) with links to the previous day and the next day:

Day 11 | 12 | 13
@Artorias @HuntingAlpha @tigressRising - I have a question for those of you on my pinglist. I have been putting in links from each post to the next if there are non-Pinkerlocke posts in-between. Would it be helpful to have them also for the post before the new post in case you want to refresh your mind as to what the last thing that happened was?

I'm trying to figure out a good way to format that into each post of the actual Pinkerlocke. Maybe like how I did it for the RECAP posts. Like for day 12 I would have this at the bottom (or top?) with links to the previous day and the next day:

Day 11 | 12 | 13
ruNnigQ.gif For
Sale
@Hsoup Yeah, that format looks good to me! I like the little recap things.
@Hsoup Yeah, that format looks good to me! I like the little recap things.
Na5WGHa.png
@HSoup

That looks good, and would be useful! I like how you do recaps. You could also do it like this:

@HSoup

That looks good, and would be useful! I like how you do recaps. You could also do it like this:

kPwiKAr.png mlHpBMC.png
PVehrz5.png
hLxdQZ3.png
» g1 addict
» skin n accent hoarder
» Nest Network 3.4
@Artorias - Like what? Its blank. LOL

@tigressRising - I'm glad you both like the recaps. It can be difficult to keep the story together in your mind, especially if you follow several Pinkerlockes. Plus, as this story gets longer, I thought newer readers might not want to have to read all the posts to catch up on the story.
@Artorias - Like what? Its blank. LOL

@tigressRising - I'm glad you both like the recaps. It can be difficult to keep the story together in your mind, especially if you follow several Pinkerlockes. Plus, as this story gets longer, I thought newer readers might not want to have to read all the posts to catch up on the story.
ruNnigQ.gif For
Sale
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 26 27