Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Cindiana Jones - A Nuzlocke Adventure!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Cindiana Jones
and the Three Thousand Year Mirror - A Nuzlocke Adventure

I am doing a variation of the regular Nuzlocke Challege called Pinkerton's Plundered Nuzlocke, which focuses more on lore and items taken from, you guessed it, Pinkerton's Plundered Pile. Created by Tar, the thread can be found here if you'd like to try your own challenge!

The very first adventure of the legendary explorer, Cindiana Jones!

A young Pearlcatcher who aspires to become a famous adventurer stumbles across a map that reveals the location of an ancient mirror said to hold the secrets of the world in its depths. But instead of a great archaeological discovery, she uncovers an ancient conspiracy that could shake Sornieth to its very core!

Join Cindiana Jones and her companions on this, their first, incredible adventure through the realms of the Eleven!

Adventure! Romance? And...some annoying birds that won't leave them alone?

Find all this and more as you accompany Cindiana Jones on her journey to uncover the secrets of the Three Thousand Year Mirror!

Rules
I am using slightly modified rules that fit better with my playstyle and available time, but nothing drastic.

• If a dragon falls in the Coliseum it will be exalted.
• Any and all loot obtained in the coliseum or through gathering is irrelevant to the challenge. If I find something neat while in the coliseum because of a food drop from Pinkerton I may talk about that in a post, but that’s it.
• Coliseum matches will take place in a venue at least one level lower than level of the highest dragon.
• A Nuzlocke activity corresponds with the loot I obtain daily from Pinkerton's Plundered Pile.
• I may 'bank' items if I am unable to work on a post that day and instead use them on another day.

Optional sentimental rule:
If a dragon reaches level 25 it will join my main lair after the Nuzlocke is over.

Drops of Fate:

Food: Coliseum time!
Plants: 10-20 matches
Insects: 20-30 matches
Seafood: 30-40 matches
Meat: 40-50 matches

Easymode: Choose whichever team and venue you want and go for it. Running from battles, using health pots, and ending the battle streak is fine.

Materials and trinkets: Flex your creative muscles!

Materials: I’ll write about the next leg of Cindy’s journey and the various other dragons, creatures and new things she and her companions encounter.

Trinkets: I’ll do a small piece of art accompanied by a bit of text.

Rare drops: Wildcards

Familiars: I will buy the cheapest dragon in the Auction House of a specific breed, which will be chosen by a random number generator. I’m putting a cap of 8,000 treasure and 15 gems on my purchases.

Breed Numbers
1. Fae
2. Guardian
3. Mirror
4. Pearlcatcher
5. Ridgeback
6. Tundra
7. Spiral
8. Imperial
9. Snapper
10. Wildclaw
11. Nocturne
12. Coatl
13. Skydancer

Apparel: I will breed two of the Nuzlocke dragons, two random dragons from my clan, or use a breed or gene scroll on one of the Nuzlocke dragons.

A coin will be flipped for each hatchling born. If heads, the hatchling will stick around and perhaps take part in the journey. If tails, the hatchlings will not wish to continue and will be exalted so they can help Cindy in other ways.

Battle items:

Flip a coin.
Heads = Death Streak
Tails = Nothing happens

DEATH STREAK rules: Randomly select three dragons using a random number generator. Fight in the coliseum using the "food" rules 10 rounds consecutively (ie. you cannot leave that arena), quitting midway if a dragon dies.

Cindiana Jones
and the Three Thousand Year Mirror - A Nuzlocke Adventure

I am doing a variation of the regular Nuzlocke Challege called Pinkerton's Plundered Nuzlocke, which focuses more on lore and items taken from, you guessed it, Pinkerton's Plundered Pile. Created by Tar, the thread can be found here if you'd like to try your own challenge!

The very first adventure of the legendary explorer, Cindiana Jones!

A young Pearlcatcher who aspires to become a famous adventurer stumbles across a map that reveals the location of an ancient mirror said to hold the secrets of the world in its depths. But instead of a great archaeological discovery, she uncovers an ancient conspiracy that could shake Sornieth to its very core!

Join Cindiana Jones and her companions on this, their first, incredible adventure through the realms of the Eleven!

Adventure! Romance? And...some annoying birds that won't leave them alone?

Find all this and more as you accompany Cindiana Jones on her journey to uncover the secrets of the Three Thousand Year Mirror!

Rules
I am using slightly modified rules that fit better with my playstyle and available time, but nothing drastic.

• If a dragon falls in the Coliseum it will be exalted.
• Any and all loot obtained in the coliseum or through gathering is irrelevant to the challenge. If I find something neat while in the coliseum because of a food drop from Pinkerton I may talk about that in a post, but that’s it.
• Coliseum matches will take place in a venue at least one level lower than level of the highest dragon.
• A Nuzlocke activity corresponds with the loot I obtain daily from Pinkerton's Plundered Pile.
• I may 'bank' items if I am unable to work on a post that day and instead use them on another day.

Optional sentimental rule:
If a dragon reaches level 25 it will join my main lair after the Nuzlocke is over.

Drops of Fate:

Food: Coliseum time!
Plants: 10-20 matches
Insects: 20-30 matches
Seafood: 30-40 matches
Meat: 40-50 matches

Easymode: Choose whichever team and venue you want and go for it. Running from battles, using health pots, and ending the battle streak is fine.

Materials and trinkets: Flex your creative muscles!

Materials: I’ll write about the next leg of Cindy’s journey and the various other dragons, creatures and new things she and her companions encounter.

Trinkets: I’ll do a small piece of art accompanied by a bit of text.

Rare drops: Wildcards

Familiars: I will buy the cheapest dragon in the Auction House of a specific breed, which will be chosen by a random number generator. I’m putting a cap of 8,000 treasure and 15 gems on my purchases.

Breed Numbers
1. Fae
2. Guardian
3. Mirror
4. Pearlcatcher
5. Ridgeback
6. Tundra
7. Spiral
8. Imperial
9. Snapper
10. Wildclaw
11. Nocturne
12. Coatl
13. Skydancer

Apparel: I will breed two of the Nuzlocke dragons, two random dragons from my clan, or use a breed or gene scroll on one of the Nuzlocke dragons.

A coin will be flipped for each hatchling born. If heads, the hatchling will stick around and perhaps take part in the journey. If tails, the hatchlings will not wish to continue and will be exalted so they can help Cindy in other ways.

Battle items:

Flip a coin.
Heads = Death Streak
Tails = Nothing happens

DEATH STREAK rules: Randomly select three dragons using a random number generator. Fight in the coliseum using the "food" rules 10 rounds consecutively (ie. you cannot leave that arena), quitting midway if a dragon dies.

kPwiKAr.png mlHpBMC.png
PVehrz5.png
hLxdQZ3.png
» g1 addict
» skin n accent hoarder
» Nest Network 3.4
Archives
Cindy likes to keep a record of her adventures and send them home to her mother in letters, but who keeps an eye on Cindy and her companions? Me, the narrator, that's who.

I'll only be linking to posts that contain dialogue, action and worldbuilding, but I will provide page numbers for other posts as well.

Content Warnings! This Nuzlocke will feature violence, injuries and dark material that may not be suitable for everyone. Specific content warnings will be listed next to chapter names.

Archives
Cindy likes to keep a record of her adventures and send them home to her mother in letters, but who keeps an eye on Cindy and her companions? Me, the narrator, that's who.

I'll only be linking to posts that contain dialogue, action and worldbuilding, but I will provide page numbers for other posts as well.

Content Warnings! This Nuzlocke will feature violence, injuries and dark material that may not be suitable for everyone. Specific content warnings will be listed next to chapter names.

kPwiKAr.png mlHpBMC.png
PVehrz5.png
hLxdQZ3.png
» g1 addict
» skin n accent hoarder
» Nest Network 3.4
Archives

Archives

kPwiKAr.png mlHpBMC.png
PVehrz5.png
hLxdQZ3.png
» g1 addict
» skin n accent hoarder
» Nest Network 3.4
[center]Enter the Players [rule] Cindy's journey is going to be a long one, and companions will come and go. Here I'll be listing the current party members and other characters of importance as they come up. [rule] [rule] [quote][columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16343055] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/163431/16343055_350.png[/img] [/url] [nextcol] [color=#311076]C[/color][color=#3a167c]i[/color][color=#441d82]n[/color][color=#4d2388]d[/color][color=#57298e]i[/color][color=#603094]a[/color][color=#6a369a]n[/color][color=#733c9f]a[/color] [color=#8649ab]J[/color][color=#904fb1]o[/color][color=#9955b7]n[/color][color=#a35cbd]e[/color][color=#ac62c3]s[/color] A young Pearlcatcher from the Windswept Plateau who dreams of becoming a famous adventurer. Having spent her life listening to the stories of passing dragons, tales of great undertakings, inseperable friends and wicked villians, Cindy wants more than anything to one day have a story of her own to tell where she is the heroine. Courageous, headstrong and proud are traits that have been used to describe Cindy her entire life. Completely incapable of backing down from a challenge, but with the skill an ingenuity to back her up, Cindy often makes her way out of scrapes by the skin of her teeth. That said, Cindy has never been outside of the Windswept Plateau before and is somewhat naive of the world beyond the realm of the Windsinger. While she originally journeyed from her home to look for adventure, she has recently come into possession of a map that leads to somewhere in the Hewn City and is eager to begin her first real adventure as 'Cindiana Jones' a name she chose for herself.[/quote] [quote] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16321443] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/163215/16321443_350.png[/img] [/url] [nextcol] [color=#000b0d]B[/color][color=#081a1c]o[/color][color=#10282c]n[/color][color=#18373b]e[/color][color=#21454b]s[/color] [color=#31626a]B[/color][color=#397179]l[/color][color=#417f88]a[/color][color=#498e98]c[/color][color=#519ca7]k[/color][color=#5aabb7]w[/color][color=#62b9c6]o[/color][color=#6ac8d6]o[/color][color=#72d6e5]d[/color] A young Snapper from the Sunbeam Ruins. Though his clan resides in the Mirrorlight Promenade, Bones has spent most of his life wandering the Hewn City and hopes to one day act as a guide for those who wish to explore it. Bones is a jovial sort who takes life in stride and more often that not wears a wide smile, but don't let that fool you. He puts up with Reagan on a daily basis, after all. A deceptively cunning and pragmatic fighter, Bones prefers to let his enemies underestimate him before trampling them underneath his bulk or crushing them with his beak. He fights dirty whenever possible. Bones isn't the name he was given at birth but a name he chose for himself and only Reagan knows exactly why. He is friendly with the Artorias Knights -the clan Cindy is staying with during her time in the Sunbeam Ruins - and agreed to help Cindy at their leader's behest.[/quote] [quote] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16927871] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/169279/16927871_350.png[/img] [/url] [nextcol] Vargas Vargas is his name, and he's not quite sure what his game is. He left the Sunbeam Ruins on a whim to explore the world beyond, and managed to talk his way onto a Longneck trading ship that sailed the Sea of a Thousand Currents. He quickly took a liking to the Beastclan members and they to him, quickly mastering their language and now serves as something of a bodyguard of sorts, protecting the crew from dragons, hostile Longneck crews and other marauding Beastclans alike. He is close friends with Bernard, the Snapper having boarded the same ship not long after he did. A bit of a firebrand who tends to jump to conclusions and let his claws do the talking. Perhaps one day he will continue on with his journey and see what else Sornieth has to offer, but for now he is happy with the lot he has drawn in life.[/quote] [quote] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17042496] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/170425/17042496_350.png[/img] [/url] [nextcol] Bernard Blackwood One of Bones' nephews. He and his brothers took up the traditionally nomadic life of Snappers, and have not been back to the Sunbeam Ruins in many years. It was mere chance that while on his journey he encountered the same Longneck ship that Vargas was on, and the two quickly became close friends. He is a soft spoken and polite young dragon and a decent fighter, who seems to have inherited his uncle's habit of fighting dirty. Vargas will tell you that the only thing that seems to make this Snapper mad is call him by a nickname. He goes by Bernard or not at all.[/quote] [quote] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17248370] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/172484/17248370_350.png[/img] [/url] [nextcol] Syndicate 'Cate' A young dragon that Cindy and crew fished out of the Sea of a Thousand Currents. She and her friends had been fishing off the coast of the Sunbeam Ruins when they were attacked by a school of Maren, and she was seperated from them. Thrown out to sea and forced to cling to a piece of driftwood to keep from drowning, she held on gamely until she was rescued by the traders. She seems mostly sweet and even-tempered, but there is a fire burning in her that would impress even the Flamecaller Herself. How else could she have survived such an ordeal. Cate is worried for the whereabouts of her friends and what has happened to her parents after her disappearance, but she refuses to sit around with Alba's crew while the Longnecks trade and barter and has decided to travel with Cindy for the time being.[/quote] [quote] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17322884] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/173229/17322884_350.png[/img] [/url] [nextcol] Karyu A young Spiral with the energy of a bagful of Chimeras. Karyu stowed away on Alba's ship while trying to get out of the same storm that the others had encountered, and was discovered by two of Alba's crew while they were unloading the ship. Loud and outgoing, he prefers to live in the moment rather than worry over past mistakes or future ordeals. He occasionally talks about himself in third person (third dragon?) and has a deep love for shiny things like treasure and jewels. While stowed away he overheard everyone talking about great treasure and adventure and begged Cindy to be allowed to join them. He claims to have no parents and that he has been wandering alone for a while now, but otherwise isn't in a hurry to share about his past life.[/quote] [/center]
Enter the Players
Cindy's journey is going to be a long one, and companions will come and go. Here I'll be listing the current party members and other characters of importance as they come up.

Quote:

16343055_350.png
Cindiana Jones
A young Pearlcatcher from the Windswept Plateau who dreams of becoming a famous adventurer. Having spent her life listening to the stories of passing dragons, tales of great undertakings, inseperable friends and wicked villians, Cindy wants more than anything to one day have a story of her own to tell where she is the heroine.

Courageous, headstrong and proud are traits that have been used to describe Cindy her entire life. Completely incapable of backing down from a challenge, but with the skill an ingenuity to back her up, Cindy often makes her way out of scrapes by the skin of her teeth.

That said, Cindy has never been outside of the Windswept Plateau before and is somewhat naive of the world beyond the realm of the Windsinger.

While she originally journeyed from her home to look for adventure, she has recently come into possession of a map that leads to somewhere in the Hewn City and is eager to begin her first real adventure as 'Cindiana Jones' a name she chose for herself.
Quote:

16321443_350.png
Bones Blackwood
A young Snapper from the Sunbeam Ruins. Though his clan resides in the Mirrorlight Promenade, Bones has spent most of his life wandering the Hewn City and hopes to one day act as a guide for those who wish to explore it.

Bones is a jovial sort who takes life in stride and more often that not wears a wide smile, but don't let that fool you. He puts up with Reagan on a daily basis, after all. A deceptively cunning and pragmatic fighter, Bones prefers to let his enemies underestimate him before trampling them underneath his bulk or crushing them with his beak. He fights dirty whenever possible.

Bones isn't the name he was given at birth but a name he chose for himself and only Reagan knows exactly why.

He is friendly with the Artorias Knights -the clan Cindy is staying with during her time in the Sunbeam Ruins - and agreed to help Cindy at their leader's behest.
Quote:

16927871_350.png

Vargas
Vargas is his name, and he's not quite sure what his game is. He left the Sunbeam Ruins on a whim to explore the world beyond, and managed to talk his way onto a Longneck trading ship that sailed the Sea of a Thousand Currents.

He quickly took a liking to the Beastclan members and they to him, quickly mastering their language and now serves as something of a bodyguard of sorts, protecting the crew from dragons, hostile Longneck crews and other marauding Beastclans alike.

He is close friends with Bernard, the Snapper having boarded the same ship not long after he did.

A bit of a firebrand who tends to jump to conclusions and let his claws do the talking.

Perhaps one day he will continue on with his journey and see what else Sornieth has to offer, but for now he is happy with the lot he has drawn in life.
Quote:

17042496_350.png

Bernard Blackwood
One of Bones' nephews. He and his brothers took up the traditionally nomadic life of Snappers, and have not been back to the Sunbeam Ruins in many years.

It was mere chance that while on his journey he encountered the same Longneck ship that Vargas was on, and the two quickly became close friends.

He is a soft spoken and polite young dragon and a decent fighter, who seems to have inherited his uncle's habit of fighting dirty.

Vargas will tell you that the only thing that seems to make this Snapper mad is call him by a nickname. He goes by Bernard or not at all.
Quote:

17248370_350.png
Syndicate 'Cate'

A young dragon that Cindy and crew fished out of the Sea of a Thousand Currents. She and her friends had been fishing off the coast of the Sunbeam Ruins when they were attacked by a school of Maren, and she was seperated from them. Thrown out to sea and forced to cling to a piece of driftwood to keep from drowning, she held on gamely until she was rescued by the traders.

She seems mostly sweet and even-tempered, but there is a fire burning in her that would impress even the Flamecaller Herself. How else could she have survived such an ordeal.

Cate is worried for the whereabouts of her friends and what has happened to her parents after her disappearance, but she refuses to sit around with Alba's crew while the Longnecks trade and barter and has decided to travel with Cindy for the time being.
Quote:

17322884_350.png
Karyu

A young Spiral with the energy of a bagful of Chimeras. Karyu stowed away on Alba's ship while trying to get out of the same storm that the others had encountered, and was discovered by two of Alba's crew while they were unloading the ship.

Loud and outgoing, he prefers to live in the moment rather than worry over past mistakes or future ordeals. He occasionally talks about himself in third person (third dragon?) and has a deep love for shiny things like treasure and jewels. While stowed away he overheard everyone talking about great treasure and adventure and begged Cindy to be allowed to join them.

He claims to have no parents and that he has been wandering alone for a while now, but otherwise isn't in a hurry to share about his past life.
kPwiKAr.png mlHpBMC.png
PVehrz5.png
hLxdQZ3.png
» g1 addict
» skin n accent hoarder
» Nest Network 3.4
[center]Goodbye Old Friends [rule] A journey like this is not easy and sometimes companions will be lost. Here I'll be listing companions and other characters who are no longer with us. [rule] [quote] [columns] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/163292/16329117_350.png?mtime=VfWDoQACvRs.png[/img] [nextcol] [color=#000b0d]R[/color][color=#170c0e]e[/color][color=#2d0d0e]a[/color][color=#440e0f]g[/color][color=#5b0f10]a[/color][color=#721011]n[/color] [color=#9f1212]H[/color][color=#aa3126]o[/color][color=#b45039]l[/color][color=#bf6f4d]l[/color][color=#ca8d61]o[/color][color=#d5ac75]w[/color][color=#dfcb88]a[/color][color=#eaea9c]y[/color] A young Coatl from the Ashfall Waste. Growing tired of her home she set out on a journey to find a new one. She met Bones while lost in the Hewn City, and the two have been inseperable ever since. Reagan is possessed of a smile as sweet as honey and a temper as hot as the Great Furnance. She has little patience for tactics or strategy, prefering to meet her enemies head on and spewing flames everywhere before they even get a chance to realize what has happened. She is not nearly as eloquent or generally good natured as Bones but her heart is in the right place. Reagan lost her nerve when the small team was leaving the Sunbeam Ruins and decided to stay behind. She had lived her whole life there and as loathe to leave it behind.[/quote] [quote] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16634404] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/166345/16634404_350.png[/img] [/url] [nextcol] Nellie Still quite young and neither very strong or brave, Nellie fled from her home in the Southern Icefield and somehow found herself in the Hewn City, where she has been wandering lost for days. Her reasons for leaving her clan, as well as how she managed to stay alive and unharmed on her own, are unknown and she doesn't seem to be in a hurry to share. Discovered by Reagan hiding from monsters in some fallen rubble, Cindy invited her to accompany them and she agreed, seeing as she had nothing better to do. She doesn't much care for Reagan and the feeling seems to be mutual. Two volatile personalities never mesh very well. Nellie chose to go back to her solitary roaming ways, feeling that she wasn't quite ready to be that close to the Southern Icefield again. [/quote] [/center]
Goodbye Old Friends
A journey like this is not easy and sometimes companions will be lost. Here I'll be listing companions and other characters who are no longer with us.
Quote:
16329117_350.png?mtime=VfWDoQACvRs.png
Reagan Holloway

A young Coatl from the Ashfall Waste. Growing tired of her home she set out on a journey to find a new one. She met Bones while lost in the Hewn City, and the two have been inseperable ever since.

Reagan is possessed of a smile as sweet as honey and a temper as hot as the Great Furnance. She has little patience for tactics or strategy, prefering to meet her enemies head on and spewing flames everywhere before they even get a chance to realize what has happened.

She is not nearly as eloquent or generally good natured as Bones but her heart is in the right place.

Reagan lost her nerve when the small team was leaving the Sunbeam Ruins and decided to stay behind. She had lived her whole life there and as loathe to leave it behind.
Quote:

16634404_350.png
Nellie

Still quite young and neither very strong or brave, Nellie fled from her home in the Southern Icefield and somehow found herself in the Hewn City, where she has been wandering lost for days. Her reasons for leaving her clan, as well as how she managed to stay alive and unharmed on her own, are unknown and she doesn't seem to be in a hurry to share.

Discovered by Reagan hiding from monsters in some fallen rubble, Cindy invited her to accompany them and she agreed, seeing as she had nothing better to do.

She doesn't much care for Reagan and the feeling seems to be mutual. Two volatile personalities never mesh very well.

Nellie chose to go back to her solitary roaming ways, feeling that she wasn't quite ready to be that close to the Southern Icefield again.
kPwiKAr.png mlHpBMC.png
PVehrz5.png
hLxdQZ3.png
» g1 addict
» skin n accent hoarder
» Nest Network 3.4
The Gallery
Here I'll post art that I've done for the challenge. If a picture I've drawn fits with a post it will be included there also.
The Gallery
Here I'll post art that I've done for the challenge. If a picture I've drawn fits with a post it will be included there also.
kPwiKAr.png mlHpBMC.png
PVehrz5.png
hLxdQZ3.png
» g1 addict
» skin n accent hoarder
» Nest Network 3.4
[center][b]Pinglist[/b] [rule] Want to keep updated on Cindy's adventure? There is now a pinglist available! I'll make two separate ones for those who only want writing or major updates and for those who would like a ping each day. Ping me here in the thread or send me a PM or comment on my profile if you'd like to be added. [rule] [quote][b]All Updates[/b] Crystalcave Snaphance tigressRising Minu HSoup [/quote] [quote][b]Writing or Major Updates[/b][/quote][/center]
Pinglist
Want to keep updated on Cindy's adventure? There is now a pinglist available! I'll make two separate ones for those who only want writing or major updates and for those who would like a ping each day. Ping me here in the thread or send me a PM or comment on my profile if you'd like to be added.
Quote:
All Updates
Crystalcave
Snaphance
tigressRising
Minu
HSoup

Quote:
Writing or Major Updates
kPwiKAr.png mlHpBMC.png
PVehrz5.png
hLxdQZ3.png
» g1 addict
» skin n accent hoarder
» Nest Network 3.4
Reserved.
Reserved.
kPwiKAr.png mlHpBMC.png
PVehrz5.png
hLxdQZ3.png
» g1 addict
» skin n accent hoarder
» Nest Network 3.4
Prologue - A Letter is Written and an Adventure Begins

Dearest Mother,

I have finally reached the Sunbeam Ruins! The clan who took me in are a bit odd, but kind nonetheless, and their leader Sylvestris has agreed to let me stay here while I get started on my adventure.

It was a somewhat difficult journey, but I enjoyed seeing the world – and you’ll never believe what a bought from a traveling dragon for just 100 gold! A treasure map! It looks like it leads to somewhere in the Hewn City.

Now I know what you’re thinking, just because I’ve known you for so long. The Hewn City is dangerous right? Well, Mother, I can’t be an adventurer if I’m afraid of a little danger! What would other dragons say about me? Nothing good, that’s what!

I’ll be fine, Mother, I promise. I have a map and I have a plan for my very first, real adventure! I’m just waiting for my guides to get here now and I’ll be on my way.

Oh, and thank you for the lovely…fedora? That you sent me. I don’t know the names of hats, but it looks cool! I promise I’ll wear it every day.

Okay, that’s it for now. I’ll send you another letter when I make any progress. Give my love to the rest of the clan.

I remain your loving daughter,

Cindiana Jones

P.S. Please call me Cindiana Jones if you tell your friends about my adventures, it sounds a lot better than Cindy.

P.P.S. You can still call me Cindy in your letters though, that’s okay.

P.P.P.S. Love you lots, please don’t worry about me!

Cindy breathed a sigh as she set the quill pen down and felt a shudder run through her body. Her first real adventure! She had dreamed of this day since she was just a hatchling and now it was finally here! She couldn’t wait to get started.

Carefully folding the parchment she slipped it in her canvas sack among the rest of her supplies, silently going over her inventory as she did so. Her pearl, ropes, a lantern, water pouches, rations, charcoal sticks for writing, and the map most importantly, folded carefully in her owlcat journal. She was ready.

The young Pearlcatcher gave one last look around the small room she’d been given in the temple and took another deep breath before leaving.

The clan she had taken up residence with had situated themselves in a temple just outside of the Hewn City. She nodded and smiled at a few of the clan members who greeted her, one Spiral wearing a golden wolf pelt –Troy?- even tipped her a wink, and climbed the hill to wait by the towering redwood that looked out over the shrouded ruins. Her guides had agreed to meet her there to begin the journey into the depths of the Hewn City.

As she crested the hill she was treated to her first real look at the haunted city and swallowed thickly in the warm air. Groves of redwoods and crumbled ruins stretched out before her like a patchwork quilt; animate shadows slithering over them, encasing them in an impenetrable mist. A set of stairs that must have once lead from the temple down into the city was broken in half, as if they had simply given up and fallen away willingly into the darkness.

“Cin..diana?”

She looked up as a voice hesitantly sounded her name.

“Y-yes, yes, that’s me! Cindiana Jones at your service!”

The one who had spoken, a Snapper wearing an almost comically small fez, merely smiled, while his partner, a Coatl wearing a bright red hood and goggles, shook her head and said.

“Well, s’more like us at your service, darlin’, but good to meet you anyway. Name’s Reagan Holloway and this is-"

“Bones Blackwood.” Said the Snapper, and gave a little bow. “We’ll be your guides through the Hewn City today. I hope you’re ready for this. You know it’s haunted right?”

Cindy bristled slightly.

“Of course I do! But I’m here to find treasure and I won’t leave until I get what I’m after! Look, I’ve got a map and everything! I’m an adventurer!” she said, defiantly, rummaging her journal and map from her bag so she could show it to them.

Reagan waddled closer, peering at the map through her goggles.

“Huh. Never heard someone describe their profession as ‘adventurer’ before. This should be a good ‘un, eh Bones?”

Bones gently took the map between two of his blunt claws and spread it out on the ground, crouching down to get a better look at it.

“Mm, you’re right Reagan. Most come to try and disprove that it’s haunted at all. This is quite an old map of the city madame Jones, you were lucky to find it. But I think I know the place.” he passed the map back to Cindy. "I'll ask for that back if I need it, but we'd best get started. I know it doesn't look that big but it's quite a trek through the city even if you do know where you're going, and it's even worse one the sun goes down. Are you sure you want to do this, Cindy?"

Cindy nodded once.

"I've never been so sure of anything in my life, Bones. Let's go!"

Bones smiled approvingly and behind him Reagan merely rolled her eyes and began the descent into the city.

"Let's be off then. Onward to the Hewn City!"
Prologue - A Letter is Written and an Adventure Begins

Dearest Mother,

I have finally reached the Sunbeam Ruins! The clan who took me in are a bit odd, but kind nonetheless, and their leader Sylvestris has agreed to let me stay here while I get started on my adventure.

It was a somewhat difficult journey, but I enjoyed seeing the world – and you’ll never believe what a bought from a traveling dragon for just 100 gold! A treasure map! It looks like it leads to somewhere in the Hewn City.

Now I know what you’re thinking, just because I’ve known you for so long. The Hewn City is dangerous right? Well, Mother, I can’t be an adventurer if I’m afraid of a little danger! What would other dragons say about me? Nothing good, that’s what!

I’ll be fine, Mother, I promise. I have a map and I have a plan for my very first, real adventure! I’m just waiting for my guides to get here now and I’ll be on my way.

Oh, and thank you for the lovely…fedora? That you sent me. I don’t know the names of hats, but it looks cool! I promise I’ll wear it every day.

Okay, that’s it for now. I’ll send you another letter when I make any progress. Give my love to the rest of the clan.

I remain your loving daughter,

Cindiana Jones

P.S. Please call me Cindiana Jones if you tell your friends about my adventures, it sounds a lot better than Cindy.

P.P.S. You can still call me Cindy in your letters though, that’s okay.

P.P.P.S. Love you lots, please don’t worry about me!

Cindy breathed a sigh as she set the quill pen down and felt a shudder run through her body. Her first real adventure! She had dreamed of this day since she was just a hatchling and now it was finally here! She couldn’t wait to get started.

Carefully folding the parchment she slipped it in her canvas sack among the rest of her supplies, silently going over her inventory as she did so. Her pearl, ropes, a lantern, water pouches, rations, charcoal sticks for writing, and the map most importantly, folded carefully in her owlcat journal. She was ready.

The young Pearlcatcher gave one last look around the small room she’d been given in the temple and took another deep breath before leaving.

The clan she had taken up residence with had situated themselves in a temple just outside of the Hewn City. She nodded and smiled at a few of the clan members who greeted her, one Spiral wearing a golden wolf pelt –Troy?- even tipped her a wink, and climbed the hill to wait by the towering redwood that looked out over the shrouded ruins. Her guides had agreed to meet her there to begin the journey into the depths of the Hewn City.

As she crested the hill she was treated to her first real look at the haunted city and swallowed thickly in the warm air. Groves of redwoods and crumbled ruins stretched out before her like a patchwork quilt; animate shadows slithering over them, encasing them in an impenetrable mist. A set of stairs that must have once lead from the temple down into the city was broken in half, as if they had simply given up and fallen away willingly into the darkness.

“Cin..diana?”

She looked up as a voice hesitantly sounded her name.

“Y-yes, yes, that’s me! Cindiana Jones at your service!”

The one who had spoken, a Snapper wearing an almost comically small fez, merely smiled, while his partner, a Coatl wearing a bright red hood and goggles, shook her head and said.

“Well, s’more like us at your service, darlin’, but good to meet you anyway. Name’s Reagan Holloway and this is-"

“Bones Blackwood.” Said the Snapper, and gave a little bow. “We’ll be your guides through the Hewn City today. I hope you’re ready for this. You know it’s haunted right?”

Cindy bristled slightly.

“Of course I do! But I’m here to find treasure and I won’t leave until I get what I’m after! Look, I’ve got a map and everything! I’m an adventurer!” she said, defiantly, rummaging her journal and map from her bag so she could show it to them.

Reagan waddled closer, peering at the map through her goggles.

“Huh. Never heard someone describe their profession as ‘adventurer’ before. This should be a good ‘un, eh Bones?”

Bones gently took the map between two of his blunt claws and spread it out on the ground, crouching down to get a better look at it.

“Mm, you’re right Reagan. Most come to try and disprove that it’s haunted at all. This is quite an old map of the city madame Jones, you were lucky to find it. But I think I know the place.” he passed the map back to Cindy. "I'll ask for that back if I need it, but we'd best get started. I know it doesn't look that big but it's quite a trek through the city even if you do know where you're going, and it's even worse one the sun goes down. Are you sure you want to do this, Cindy?"

Cindy nodded once.

"I've never been so sure of anything in my life, Bones. Let's go!"

Bones smiled approvingly and behind him Reagan merely rolled her eyes and began the descent into the city.

"Let's be off then. Onward to the Hewn City!"
kPwiKAr.png mlHpBMC.png
PVehrz5.png
hLxdQZ3.png
» g1 addict
» skin n accent hoarder
» Nest Network 3.4
[center][b][size=5]Day 1[/size][/b] [rule] Item from Pinkerton: [item=Wild Catsup] Item Type: Plant Action: 10-20 Coliseum Battles [rule] [columns] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/163431/16343055p.png?mtime=VeppCAAALI8.png[/img][i]"We're running into monsters already? My adventure is just getting started!"[/i] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/163215/16321443p.png?mtime=VeiD8AAAKsc.png[/img][i]"I told you this wasn't going to be easy! Looks like we'll have to fight our way through."[/i] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/163292/16329117p.png?mtime=VektGgAAJr8.png[/img][i]"If you're scared darlin' you can always just leave it to us pros!"[/i] [rule] Battles Completed: 20 Notable Loot: [item=concentration] [rule] [columns] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/163431/16343055p.png?mtime=VeppCAAALI8.png[/img][i]"Hey I'm getting better at this!"[/i] [/center]
Day 1
Item from Pinkerton: Wild Catsup
Item Type: Plant
Action: 10-20 Coliseum Battles
16343055p.png?mtime=VeppCAAALI8.png"We're running into monsters already? My adventure is just getting started!"
16321443p.png?mtime=VeiD8AAAKsc.png"I told you this wasn't going to be easy! Looks like we'll have to fight our way through."
16329117p.png?mtime=VektGgAAJr8.png"If you're scared darlin' you can always just leave it to us pros!"
Battles Completed: 20
Notable Loot: Concentration
16343055p.png?mtime=VeppCAAALI8.png"Hey I'm getting better at this!"

kPwiKAr.png mlHpBMC.png
PVehrz5.png
hLxdQZ3.png
» g1 addict
» skin n accent hoarder
» Nest Network 3.4
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8