Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Free Art
1 2 3 4 5 6
So a friend has challenged me on FB to do this art challenge for the month of August and I have decided to give it awhirl. I found the themes from craftsy.com. In honor of this challenge I will do 2 drawings a day for free. First Ice flight and non Ice flight member to request a picture shall get one per day. I will most likely not finish tomorrow's drawings so I'll do them Sunday with the others. The drawings will vary and may not even be dragonic at all. It could be a rough sktech, a finished product, or somewhere in between! Please post the dragon and short bio of them so I get a feel for them. You must post the dragon with bio/description to qualify. Constructive criticism appreciated.
So here is the list of themes each day:

August_DrawingChallenge_List.jpg
So a friend has challenged me on FB to do this art challenge for the month of August and I have decided to give it awhirl. I found the themes from craftsy.com. In honor of this challenge I will do 2 drawings a day for free. First Ice flight and non Ice flight member to request a picture shall get one per day. I will most likely not finish tomorrow's drawings so I'll do them Sunday with the others. The drawings will vary and may not even be dragonic at all. It could be a rough sktech, a finished product, or somewhere in between! Please post the dragon and short bio of them so I get a feel for them. You must post the dragon with bio/description to qualify. Constructive criticism appreciated.
So here is the list of themes each day:

August_DrawingChallenge_List.jpg
tXKbExw.pngCinnamonThief
Example of a qualifying post: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1740531] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/17406/1740531_350.png[/img] [/url] I am Lorelei, the clan's clown and rebellious troublemaker. I love to go exploring and am not afraid of a challenge. I like to hunt and protect the clan but sometimes I find everyday chores a bore and like to wander off or zone off during lessons. I enjoy gazing up at the stars and flying among the clouds. I am not from this temperate climate and often miss the glades of my birth clan. I was found one day by Jinorah after I had left to go explore but a fierce storm kicked up and I got lost. Polaris and Jinorah are my adopted parents and I am happy here. I am very bouncy and hyper, don't like to sit still for too long unless I'm staring up into the sky. I enjoy the Spring and the flowers and beauty it brings. Studying magic under Wisp. Doesn't have to be nearly as long or could be longer. I just need a feel for their personality and such. =) [b] [center]Completed Art:[/b][/center] [b]Day 1: Grow[/b] [b]Day 2: In Bloom[/b]
Example of a qualifying post:

1740531_350.png

I am Lorelei, the clan's clown and rebellious troublemaker. I love to go exploring and am not afraid of a challenge. I like to hunt and protect the clan but sometimes I find everyday chores a bore and like to wander off or zone off during lessons. I enjoy gazing up at the stars and flying among the clouds. I am not from this temperate climate and often miss the glades of my birth clan. I was found one day by Jinorah after I had left to go explore but a fierce storm kicked up and I got lost. Polaris and Jinorah are my adopted parents and I am happy here. I am very bouncy and hyper, don't like to sit still for too long unless I'm staring up into the sky. I enjoy the Spring and the flowers and beauty it brings. Studying magic under Wisp.

Doesn't have to be nearly as long or could be longer. I just need a feel for their personality and such. =)

Completed Art:
Day 1: Grow

Day 2: In Bloom
tXKbExw.pngCinnamonThief
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6987146] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/69872/6987146_350.png[/img] [/url] I am Zella. I'm the healer of the Tribe of Ignoria. I tend to be quieter than most dragons and like to stay to myself. I was accepted into the Tribe after I healed a fellow tribe mate, Zyra, from some nasty wounds of which she still bares the scares of. The icy cold I live in now is a far reach from my home lands of the Sunbeam Ruins, but I have lived here so long now that I barely remember the lands of the Light flight. @cmf25

6987146_350.png

I am Zella. I'm the healer of the Tribe of Ignoria. I tend to be quieter than most dragons and like to stay to myself. I was accepted into the Tribe after I healed a fellow tribe mate, Zyra, from some nasty wounds of which she still bares the scares of. The icy cold I live in now is a far reach from my home lands of the Sunbeam Ruins, but I have lived here so long now that I barely remember the lands of the Light flight.

@cmf25
SVbOCPL.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12977447] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/129775/12977447_350.png[/img] [/url] I am Tsrazami (tz-ra-za-mee). I am one of many members of a plague clan that all that know of it fear. I am one of its many assassins, for many drakes of this world wish others to leave this plane of existence. I am only helping those which wish as such, I do not have any sort of grudge against those who I am rewarded to kill. Much of the time my services are not needed, as many of my brothers wish to compete contracts more than I do. I keep myself busy in those times, trading with clans that we allow to associate with us, for anyone who truly respect the mother of plague must be worthy of our praise. As an assassin and trained killer I am more subtle than most, for I can turn into a parda at will. Their soft footfalls are much more suited to stealth than that of a taloned dragon. I do not wish pain upon my targets, their deaths will be quick and unknown. @cmf25 (nature can be scary at times...)

12977447_350.png

I am Tsrazami (tz-ra-za-mee). I am one of many members of a plague clan that all that know of it fear. I am one of its many assassins, for many drakes of this world wish others to leave this plane of existence. I am only helping those which wish as such, I do not have any sort of grudge against those who I am rewarded to kill. Much of the time my services are not needed, as many of my brothers wish to compete contracts more than I do. I keep myself busy in those times, trading with clans that we allow to associate with us, for anyone who truly respect the mother of plague must be worthy of our praise. As an assassin and trained killer I am more subtle than most, for I can turn into a parda at will. Their soft footfalls are much more suited to stealth than that of a taloned dragon. I do not wish pain upon my targets, their deaths will be quick and unknown.

@cmf25 (nature can be scary at times...)
tumblr_o80fpjUmV01uj5ydro1_100.png53e090906bf1abf526e496f785950d62fc9cfa93.png
@cmf25 i don't really know what's going on or how the art thing works, but just dropping to say that it's pretty awesome art omgg
@cmf25 i don't really know what's going on or how the art thing works, but just dropping to say that it's pretty awesome art omgg
FdaIelz.gifcRwfVcQ.gif2HWoiiv.gif
@CaptainCrackers
I have started yours but I might have to take a break and do the others first tomorrow as yours has become a collage lol. I might even have to get some more paper and tape it together to finish.

@DraconicDemon
I have a rough outline done and I will beef it up tomorrow.

@Juyoung
I will answer you more in depth tomorrow because it's almost rollover and I'm suoer tired (almost 3am here). Be first to post tomorrow with a minimum of 3 sentance bio/description of the dragon you wish drawn.
@CaptainCrackers
I have started yours but I might have to take a break and do the others first tomorrow as yours has become a collage lol. I might even have to get some more paper and tape it together to finish.

@DraconicDemon
I have a rough outline done and I will beef it up tomorrow.

@Juyoung
I will answer you more in depth tomorrow because it's almost rollover and I'm suoer tired (almost 3am here). Be first to post tomorrow with a minimum of 3 sentance bio/description of the dragon you wish drawn.
tXKbExw.pngCinnamonThief
@cmf25
Can't wait to see it! No worries if it takes a little longer.
@cmf25
Can't wait to see it! No worries if it takes a little longer.
SVbOCPL.png
@cmf25 okay! here's glasnant~ he actually has a bio in his info that i feel is pretty helpful ^ ^; [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12720120] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/127202/12720120_350.png[/img] [/url]
@cmf25 okay!

here's glasnant~
he actually has a bio in his info that i feel is pretty helpful ^ ^;

12720120_350.png
FdaIelz.gifcRwfVcQ.gif2HWoiiv.gif
@cmf25 what a wonderful idea! You can pick one, none or any number, but here are the dragons of mine with fitting themes ^^ sun [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13803012] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/138031/13803012_350.png[/img] [/url] Despite being a priest who tries to rein his sexual urges for the sake of maintaining his purity, Gregory seems to have an odd soft spot for women - particularly those with lighter colours, like his own. The fact that he refuses to commit to a female and abandon his title as a priest only makes things worse, since this makes him easier for various females to tempt. His weakness for women is thought to stem from naivety rather than perversion. Despite being hard nosed much of the time and cracking a smile only once every while when among friends, theres something childish about his personality. He assumes responsibility, he does his best to do what he can, but when faced with things he is unfamiliar with he lacks the creativity required to deal with the situations. This panic is what often leads him to yield to temptation and fail in other areas. That begin said, Gregory has an incredible gift or memorization and mathematics. When dealing with things that have sex solutions in place, he is far superior. He can memorize encyclopedias of text in a matter of days, and often burrows his nose into the archives books, spending weeks at a time in other clans just to learn and absorb information. By doing so, Gregory feels he can expand his intuitiveness, and hopefully become familiar with enough things to deal with situations as they come. Born to a very affectionate mother and firm handed father, Gregory had a fairly normal childhood. He developed an interest in priesthood at a young age, and his parents being supportive of him, allowed him to go off and explore the world. During his travels he met a young tundra female who he befriended, and became quite close to. She was not the prettiest thing to look at, and was often teased for her appearance, but Gregory was quick to defend her when needed. Eventually, Gregory felt he had to leave again in order to attain more knowledge, but promised his friend that he would return to see her again. Years past and he revisited her, only to find her to be a broken, empty husk of her former self. During his time away, she had become heavily corrupted by demons - so much so that her speech became impaired, and her senses were no longer fully functional. Gregory blamed himself for having left her behind, and has vowed to stay by her in the hopes of restoring her. sun [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12098025] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/120981/12098025_350.png[/img] [/url] Donovan is a knight. A very studious, elegant and holy knight at that. He spends most of his free time organizing information for the clans archives, and tends to prefer being alone. He is generally good natured, but can at times be snappish if he finds someone to be a hinderance to his work. flutter [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13220410] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/132205/13220410_350.png[/img] [/url] Aurora is a sweet, intelligent, and naive princess. She has an odd fascination with butterflies due to the similarities between her and the graceful 'mocharch's of insects.' She will often leave her home to curl beneath leaves and flowers where she will wait for butterflies to come by before flying up with them. It is a bit of a dream of hers to see where the butterflies migrate to, as she imagines it must be a very special, beautiful place. cold/hibernate [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12718111] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/127182/12718111_350.png[/img] [/url] "Once something has outlived its usefulness in one area of life, its purpose for being in existence is no longer the same. The leaf that captures a stream of sunlight, and then transfers its energy to the tree, serves one purpose in the spring and summer, and another completely different one through the fall and winter." No one remembers the name that Snow once carried before he became consumed by the eternal winter. Stories, told to hatchlings nestled close to their care givers, echo the tale of a spirit light warrior, who once dishonoured the deity of ice. The warrior was but a few years of age, and had been with his clan mates in the midst of the north when they were attacked by some of the natives whom they had come to eliminate. In the heat of battle, the brash, proud young male cursed the name of the Icewarden, angering the great draconic god. His golden scales and ivory wings changed to blue, and his mind became numbed by the cold all too suddenly. As punishment for his words, the ice warden claimed him. He would never die to serve his deity of birth, and was now a prisoner of the warden. His friends either died or fled, and Snow, was left to wander the barren whitewashed landscapes. Now he is but a legend. Few have seen him and fewer have known him and are still alive. He is only ever seen in the midst of a blizzard, alone and looming in the distance. Some gene say, that he is in fact what causes the blizzards. No one knows what his ambitions are, his goals or his purpose. The only dragon who now knows anything about him, is Atlanta; an imperial who lives by the edge of the barren north.
@cmf25

what a wonderful idea! You can pick one, none or any number, but here are the dragons of mine with fitting themes ^^

sun

13803012_350.png

Despite being a priest who tries to rein his sexual urges for the sake of maintaining his purity, Gregory seems to have an odd soft spot for women - particularly those with lighter colours, like his own. The fact that he refuses to commit to a female and abandon his title as a priest only makes things worse, since this makes him easier for various females to tempt.

His weakness for women is thought to stem from naivety rather than perversion. Despite being hard nosed much of the time and cracking a smile only once every while when among friends, theres something childish about his personality. He assumes responsibility, he does his best to do what he can, but when faced with things he is unfamiliar with he lacks the creativity required to deal with the situations. This panic is what often leads him to yield to temptation and fail in other areas.

That begin said, Gregory has an incredible gift or memorization and mathematics. When dealing with things that have sex solutions in place, he is far superior. He can memorize encyclopedias of text in a matter of days, and often burrows his nose into the archives books, spending weeks at a time in other clans just to learn and absorb information.

By doing so, Gregory feels he can expand his intuitiveness, and hopefully become familiar with enough things to deal with situations as they come.

Born to a very affectionate mother and firm handed father, Gregory had a fairly normal childhood. He developed an interest in priesthood at a young age, and his parents being supportive of him, allowed him to go off and explore the world. During his travels he met a young tundra female who he befriended, and became quite close to.

She was not the prettiest thing to look at, and was often teased for her appearance, but Gregory was quick to defend her when needed. Eventually, Gregory felt he had to leave again in order to attain more knowledge, but promised his friend that he would return to see her again.

Years past and he revisited her, only to find her to be a broken, empty husk of her former self. During his time away, she had become heavily corrupted by demons - so much so that her speech became impaired, and her senses were no longer fully functional. Gregory blamed himself for having left her behind, and has vowed to stay by her in the hopes of restoring her.

sun

12098025_350.png

Donovan is a knight. A very studious, elegant and holy knight at that. He spends most of his free time organizing information for the clans archives, and tends to prefer being alone. He is generally good natured, but can at times be snappish if he finds someone to be a hinderance to his work.

flutter

13220410_350.png

Aurora is a sweet, intelligent, and naive princess. She has an odd fascination with butterflies due to the similarities between her and the graceful 'mocharch's of insects.' She will often leave her home to curl beneath leaves and flowers where she will wait for butterflies to come by before flying up with them. It is a bit of a dream of hers to see where the butterflies migrate to, as she imagines it must be a very special, beautiful place.

cold/hibernate

12718111_350.png

"Once something has outlived its usefulness in one area of life, its purpose for being in existence is no longer the same. The leaf that captures a stream of sunlight, and then transfers its energy to the tree, serves one purpose in the spring and summer, and another completely different one through the fall and winter."

No one remembers the name that Snow once carried before he became consumed by the eternal winter. Stories, told to hatchlings nestled close to their care givers, echo the tale of a spirit light warrior, who once dishonoured the deity of ice. The warrior was but a few years of age, and had been with his clan mates in the midst of the north when they were attacked by some of the natives whom they had come to eliminate. In the heat of battle, the brash, proud young male cursed the name of the Icewarden, angering the great draconic god. His golden scales and ivory wings changed to blue, and his mind became numbed by the cold all too suddenly. As punishment for his words, the ice warden claimed him. He would never die to serve his deity of birth, and was now a prisoner of the warden. His friends either died or fled, and Snow, was left to wander the barren whitewashed landscapes.

Now he is but a legend. Few have seen him and fewer have known him and are still alive. He is only ever seen in the midst of a blizzard, alone and looming in the distance. Some gene say, that he is in fact what causes the blizzards.

No one knows what his ambitions are, his goals or his purpose. The only dragon who now knows anything about him, is Atlanta; an imperial who lives by the edge of the barren north.
@CaptianCrackers
It is finally finished. Phew. I gave up drawing the markings haha. I didn't like how it was muddling up the face. I also gave up on the bandage and rest of the body for the scene. It was being difficult lol.

@DraconicDemon
I hope you are an Assansian's Creed fan! =D I was also going to do a series of drawings for you as well but I finished the first drawing and I loved the glare and just the 'don't you dare' attitude coming from it so I settled to do a bunch of quotes. I'm not sure how much to the theme 'grow' I did though lol.

@Juyoung
I have finished your boy. I really like his bright and proud face. I went for him blooming into greater confidence. I didn't even bother to try crackle for your boy. I gave up with Zella haha.

@HollowedAngel
I did Aurora. Man do I hate doing feet/hands. xD I'm not a fan of her eye, sorry about that. I tried and not sure why it turned out the way it did.

To everyone:
Sorry I didn't have them up yesterday. A migraine sent me to bed super early. I will have these pictures uploaded shortly. Just gotta wrestle the printer. These will not be 'clean' sketches. My printer (when it works) picks up details very well, especially eraser marks so sorry in advanced about that. I hope you enjoy!
@CaptianCrackers
It is finally finished. Phew. I gave up drawing the markings haha. I didn't like how it was muddling up the face. I also gave up on the bandage and rest of the body for the scene. It was being difficult lol.

@DraconicDemon
I hope you are an Assansian's Creed fan! =D I was also going to do a series of drawings for you as well but I finished the first drawing and I loved the glare and just the 'don't you dare' attitude coming from it so I settled to do a bunch of quotes. I'm not sure how much to the theme 'grow' I did though lol.

@Juyoung
I have finished your boy. I really like his bright and proud face. I went for him blooming into greater confidence. I didn't even bother to try crackle for your boy. I gave up with Zella haha.

@HollowedAngel
I did Aurora. Man do I hate doing feet/hands. xD I'm not a fan of her eye, sorry about that. I tried and not sure why it turned out the way it did.

To everyone:
Sorry I didn't have them up yesterday. A migraine sent me to bed super early. I will have these pictures uploaded shortly. Just gotta wrestle the printer. These will not be 'clean' sketches. My printer (when it works) picks up details very well, especially eraser marks so sorry in advanced about that. I hope you enjoy!
tXKbExw.pngCinnamonThief
1 2 3 4 5 6