Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | From Ashes [Nuzlocke]
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
@Tiirran nice! what does he look like with the full set?
@Tiirran nice! what does he look like with the full set?
Professional Grump

I live for memes
@ArgenteaMoon I don't actually have the full set of iron armour, and just the gorget and boots in gold... I'm probably going to buy the rest soon tbh
@ArgenteaMoon I don't actually have the full set of iron armour, and just the gorget and boots in gold... I'm probably going to buy the rest soon tbh
From Ashes is a Nuzlocke following the survivors of a devastating attack on a Fire clan as they struggle to survive and find a new home
@AristaHolmes @MagicHats @Antaria @Merciless @fairyn @sykotikkytten @FrostStrix @Mistycloud @Glowshroomland @valian @Interiu @MasqueradeOfLife @darzoner @Axqu @IsABellJar13 @luckgandor @ArgenteaMoon @Maddiebird @Fuurin @winterbright @Phenix [b]Chapter 38: Crystals and Long Nights[/b] We have moved on again from the cave, now that Feron is big enough to travel. Keeping him cooped up safely within the entrance was a challenge and he was almost crawling on the walls by the time we packed our things and got moving. Travelling suits him far better, and Heroides is taking him out on occasional runs. Soon, Feron will be old enough to go hunting with Rynn and Lir. As they ran, Heroides and Feron came across a strange crystallic pool at the shore. The creatures there are dangerous, so Heroides turned the, back around immediately, but he went out with Percival and Tarash later, to see what kind of area it was. As far as they can tell, magical energies from Arcane have caused crystal growth, changing the whole area and the creatures that live there. This is strange, because the pool isn’t in Arcane territory. We don’t know how the Arcanist came to have such a strong influence on that area, and we will not be staying to find out. It is too dangerous. In addition, it appears the Long Night has started now. The days are shorter, but the nights are not completely dark. Strange monsters fill the area, and there are treasure chests scattered about. We have opened them with care; Tarash remembers how Marl –little Marl- attached himself to Tiirran’s face when the Elder let him out of the chest. So far, however, we have only found some strange apparel and a set of weapons that is [i]probably[/i] alive. [img]http://i.imgur.com/NOf60J1.png[/img] [b]A/N:[/b] Delayed NotN yay! Most of this entry is just an excuse to use that screenshot tbh...
@AristaHolmes @MagicHats @Antaria @Merciless @fairyn @sykotikkytten @FrostStrix @Mistycloud @Glowshroomland @valian @Interiu @MasqueradeOfLife @darzoner @Axqu @IsABellJar13 @luckgandor @ArgenteaMoon @Maddiebird @Fuurin @winterbright @Phenix

Chapter 38: Crystals and Long Nights
We have moved on again from the cave, now that Feron is big enough to travel. Keeping him cooped up safely within the entrance was a challenge and he was almost crawling on the walls by the time we packed our things and got moving. Travelling suits him far better, and Heroides is taking him out on occasional runs. Soon, Feron will be old enough to go hunting with Rynn and Lir.

As they ran, Heroides and Feron came across a strange crystallic pool at the shore. The creatures there are dangerous, so Heroides turned the, back around immediately, but he went out with Percival and Tarash later, to see what kind of area it was.

As far as they can tell, magical energies from Arcane have caused crystal growth, changing the whole area and the creatures that live there. This is strange, because the pool isn’t in Arcane territory. We don’t know how the Arcanist came to have such a strong influence on that area, and we will not be staying to find out. It is too dangerous.

In addition, it appears the Long Night has started now. The days are shorter, but the nights are not completely dark. Strange monsters fill the area, and there are treasure chests scattered about. We have opened them with care; Tarash remembers how Marl –little Marl- attached himself to Tiirran’s face when the Elder let him out of the chest. So far, however, we have only found some strange apparel and a set of weapons that is probably alive.
NOf60J1.png
A/N: Delayed NotN yay! Most of this entry is just an excuse to use that screenshot tbh...
From Ashes is a Nuzlocke following the survivors of a devastating attack on a Fire clan as they struggle to survive and find a new home
@Tiirran

It's wonderful to see that your clan made it to NotN again! And that's a really cool screenshot, too.
@Tiirran

It's wonderful to see that your clan made it to NotN again! And that's a really cool screenshot, too.
@FrostStrix thank you :)
@FrostStrix thank you :)
@AristaHolmes @MagicHats @Antaria @Merciless @fairyn @sykotikkytten @FrostStrix @Mistycloud @Glowshroomland @valian @Interiu @MasqueradeOfLife @darzoner @Axqu @IsABellJar13 @luckgandor @ArgenteaMoon @Maddiebird @Fuurin @winterbright @Phenix

Chapter 39: Still Not Morning
The Long Night continues. Nothing dramatic has happened so far, though. We have found some flowing, robe-like apparel that looks almost ceremonial, but no eggs. We haven’t even seen a Nocturne.

Feron is old enough to start hunting and fighting now. We are trying to teach him some tricks and techniques before he, Rynn and Lir head out, and the armour will fit him well in just a few days. I will insist he wears it when hunting, but I do not think he will resist it much, if at all. He likes the armour.

As soon as he can wear it, they will head out. Rynn is getting restless; he wants to learn to fight so he can protect himself and his future Charge. Lir says he wants to be a battlemage, and there’s only so much he can learn from setting fire to small bugs and the occasional plant. Percival is trying to teach him some tricks for focusing his mind, but Lir hasn’t been able to do it yet. I guess one has to have some real fighting experience before one can learn to discipline the mind like that.

Personally, I think having two teams of hunters and fighters is the best thing we can do right now. We are vulnerable, even with our experienced battle trio and Serthis companion, because of our untrained members and Nereid. I have some battle experience, but nowhere near as much as Tarash, Percival and Heroides do, and nobody in our makeshift clan can go with me to hunt and train yet.

I admit, I miss fighting. Pearlcatcher beaks are sharp and powerful, and our claws and leg muscles let us tear and shred our enemies. Even as a non-mage, I was a valuable fighter. I used to head out with Kormack and Lahar. I miss them. I miss our trips out, to hunt and fight. Kormack, like me, was a physical fighter who should have been a caster. He had some magic, but it was very weak. Lahar, on the other hand, was a fully-fledged and increasingly powerful Fire mage like his mother. He was always excited to find things he could use for his alchemy.

I think, when we inevitably meet more dragons, that I will ask if any would accompany me out.

A/N: :)

Chapter 39: Still Not Morning
The Long Night continues. Nothing dramatic has happened so far, though. We have found some flowing, robe-like apparel that looks almost ceremonial, but no eggs. We haven’t even seen a Nocturne.

Feron is old enough to start hunting and fighting now. We are trying to teach him some tricks and techniques before he, Rynn and Lir head out, and the armour will fit him well in just a few days. I will insist he wears it when hunting, but I do not think he will resist it much, if at all. He likes the armour.

As soon as he can wear it, they will head out. Rynn is getting restless; he wants to learn to fight so he can protect himself and his future Charge. Lir says he wants to be a battlemage, and there’s only so much he can learn from setting fire to small bugs and the occasional plant. Percival is trying to teach him some tricks for focusing his mind, but Lir hasn’t been able to do it yet. I guess one has to have some real fighting experience before one can learn to discipline the mind like that.

Personally, I think having two teams of hunters and fighters is the best thing we can do right now. We are vulnerable, even with our experienced battle trio and Serthis companion, because of our untrained members and Nereid. I have some battle experience, but nowhere near as much as Tarash, Percival and Heroides do, and nobody in our makeshift clan can go with me to hunt and train yet.

I admit, I miss fighting. Pearlcatcher beaks are sharp and powerful, and our claws and leg muscles let us tear and shred our enemies. Even as a non-mage, I was a valuable fighter. I used to head out with Kormack and Lahar. I miss them. I miss our trips out, to hunt and fight. Kormack, like me, was a physical fighter who should have been a caster. He had some magic, but it was very weak. Lahar, on the other hand, was a fully-fledged and increasingly powerful Fire mage like his mother. He was always excited to find things he could use for his alchemy.

I think, when we inevitably meet more dragons, that I will ask if any would accompany me out.

A/N: :)
@Tiirran

I finally got around to sitting down for an hour or two (or three, I haven't really been keeping track) and reading your nuzlocke! Could I be added to the pinglist? I've really been enjoying it! I think Nereid is my favourite character, she has been since the moment she hatched. I'm rooting for her! I hope the shade doesn't destroy her completely...
@Tiirran

I finally got around to sitting down for an hour or two (or three, I haven't really been keeping track) and reading your nuzlocke! Could I be added to the pinglist? I've really been enjoying it! I think Nereid is my favourite character, she has been since the moment she hatched. I'm rooting for her! I hope the shade doesn't destroy her completely...
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall of course! :) Thank you!
Ehehehehe. I have plans... and she's not doing anything in the Coliseum these days, what with being Shade-touched and all, so she can't die that way. You'll just have to wait and see :D
@Petall of course! :) Thank you!
Ehehehehe. I have plans... and she's not doing anything in the Coliseum these days, what with being Shade-touched and all, so she can't die that way. You'll just have to wait and see :D
@Tiirran

Ooooooo I can't wait to see!
@Tiirran

Ooooooo I can't wait to see!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@AristaHolmes @MagicHats @Antaria @Merciless @fairyn @sykotikkytten @FrostStrix @Mistycloud @Glowshroomland @valian @Interiu @MasqueradeOfLife @darzoner @Axqu @IsABellJar13 @luckgandor @ArgenteaMoon @Maddiebird @Fuurin @winterbright @Phenix @Petall [b]Chapter 40: Feron[/b] Rynn, Lir and Feron went out hunting yesterday morning. Tarash, Percy and Hero stayed back with me and Nereid, relaxing and enjoying the day. The Long Night is ending and the sun’s warmth grows. But Lir came back suddenly, screaming for us to follow him. Something had gone wrong. We barely remembered to get Nereid onto Tarash’s back before racing after the Fae. My heart pounded, but seemed to stop when we reached a small clearing. Feron lay there in a pool of blood. Unmoving. Too still. And Rynn stood over him, snarling wildly at a Sparrowmouse and an oversized moth. I did not see Heroides and Tarash kill the monsters. I ran over to Feron, Percival beside me, already preparing a healing spell. But we were too late. One of the monsters had torn his throat open just below the jaw, where his gorget did not protect him. Blood was still pumping weakly when we reached him, but his eyes were clouded, unseeing. Just bad luck, Rynn told me later, as we prepared the young Mirror’s body for burial. The fighting had gone well and none of them had more than minor cuts and bruises before the moth had managed to tear Feron’s throat open. He would have survived the wound had it not gone deep enough to leave a long, jagged gash his jugular vein. But he died. Oh Feron, you died. You were too young. You had the world at your feet and an infinity of years in front of you, but no longer. Now your spirit rests with the Lady Flamecaller, never to return to us. We burned your body last evening. Lir has not spoken since you died. We are all in mourning. As we watched the flames consume you, I was reminded of my old clan. You would have liked them, I think. You would have thrived there. I hope they greet you warmly, should you meet them. [b]A/N:[/b] You guys. [img]http://i.imgur.com/oU0BpoL.png[/img] He didn't even get to lvl2. The moth got a crit hit with a Shred attack and drained more than half his health and there was nothing I could do. I'll keep him for a few more days, in case anyone wants him. Feron is Auburn/Ginger/Leaf. I was going to give him Jupiter and Saturn and probably Spines or Underbelly. Ping me if you want him, first come first take.
@AristaHolmes @MagicHats @Antaria @Merciless @fairyn @sykotikkytten @FrostStrix @Mistycloud @Glowshroomland @valian @Interiu @MasqueradeOfLife @darzoner @Axqu @IsABellJar13 @luckgandor @ArgenteaMoon @Maddiebird @Fuurin @winterbright @Phenix @Petall

Chapter 40: Feron
Rynn, Lir and Feron went out hunting yesterday morning. Tarash, Percy and Hero stayed back with me and Nereid, relaxing and enjoying the day. The Long Night is ending and the sun’s warmth grows.

But Lir came back suddenly, screaming for us to follow him. Something had gone wrong.
We barely remembered to get Nereid onto Tarash’s back before racing after the Fae. My heart pounded, but seemed to stop when we reached a small clearing.

Feron lay there in a pool of blood. Unmoving. Too still. And Rynn stood over him, snarling wildly at a Sparrowmouse and an oversized moth.

I did not see Heroides and Tarash kill the monsters. I ran over to Feron, Percival beside me, already preparing a healing spell. But we were too late.

One of the monsters had torn his throat open just below the jaw, where his gorget did not protect him. Blood was still pumping weakly when we reached him, but his eyes were clouded, unseeing.

Just bad luck, Rynn told me later, as we prepared the young Mirror’s body for burial. The fighting had gone well and none of them had more than minor cuts and bruises before the moth had managed to tear Feron’s throat open. He would have survived the wound had it not gone deep enough to leave a long, jagged gash his jugular vein.

But he died. Oh Feron, you died. You were too young. You had the world at your feet and an infinity of years in front of you, but no longer. Now your spirit rests with the Lady Flamecaller, never to return to us.

We burned your body last evening. Lir has not spoken since you died. We are all in mourning. As we watched the flames consume you, I was reminded of my old clan. You would have liked them, I think. You would have thrived there. I hope they greet you warmly, should you meet them.

A/N: You guys.
oU0BpoL.png
He didn't even get to lvl2. The moth got a crit hit with a Shred attack and drained more than half his health and there was nothing I could do.
I'll keep him for a few more days, in case anyone wants him. Feron is Auburn/Ginger/Leaf. I was going to give him Jupiter and Saturn and probably Spines or Underbelly.
Ping me if you want him, first come first take.
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21