Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | From Ashes [Nuzlocke]
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
@Tiirran

Eyyyyyyyyy it's back! Looking forward to seeing where this goes! I love how the tow of them have turned out!
@Tiirran

Eyyyyyyyyy it's back! Looking forward to seeing where this goes! I love how the tow of them have turned out!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@FrostStrix Heroides is extremely pretty. Ridiculously so :P I still feel blessed by that one egg, considering... certain other clan members.

@ArgenteaMoon :)

@Petall thanks :D and yeah, I'm really happy with their genes. And with upcoming genes :)
@FrostStrix Heroides is extremely pretty. Ridiculously so :P I still feel blessed by that one egg, considering... certain other clan members.

@ArgenteaMoon :)

@Petall thanks :D and yeah, I'm really happy with their genes. And with upcoming genes :)
From Ashes is a Nuzlocke following the survivors of a devastating attack on a Fire clan as they struggle to survive and find a new home
@AristaHolmes @MagicHats @Antaria @Merciless @fairyn @sykotikkytten @FrostStrix @Mistycloud @Glowshroomland @valian @Interiu @MasqueradeOfLife @darzoner @Axqu @IsABellJar13 @luckgandor @ArgenteaMoon @Maddiebird @Fuurin @winterbright @Phenix @Petall [b]Chapter 43: Almost clean[/b] Out of the mud and into the water. Blessed water. We are [i]finally[/i] clean! We even found a patch of soapwort, and it took every leaf to clean Percival’s matted fur. Our Guardians took some of the suds to wash their beards, but I went without. We are likely to find more soapwort soon, and I did not have mats of mud in my hair. I’ve heard that Pearlcatchers like myself are supposed to be pretentious and particular about cleanliness and appearance, but I cannot be bothered. We are travelling and I grew up without role models of my own species. If my hide is smudged with dirt and my hair has the odd twig or leaf, so be it. Pristine cleanliness is impossible on the road. Even so, there are patches of mud on Tarash’s body, face, and wings that won’t come off. This doesn’t appear to bother him, though – he is Earth, after all. [img]http://i.imgur.com/D9Q2uZe.png[/img] The relatively dry ground here is doing Charsth’s shedding scales good. There is some slight discolouration on some of the new scales, but that is all. He seems relieved, and I admit I am too. The Serthis has come to mean a lot to me. How strange, for a dragon to have a beastfolk as one of their closest friends. Heroides is still coming to terms with how fast Percival is forgetting Feron, but he is making progress. I guess I should not have expected him to handle it well – this is their first real experience with loss and grief, after all. And Feron was so young. [b]A/N:[/b] poor Tarash :P oh well, he'll be fine...
@AristaHolmes @MagicHats @Antaria @Merciless @fairyn @sykotikkytten @FrostStrix @Mistycloud @Glowshroomland @valian @Interiu @MasqueradeOfLife @darzoner @Axqu @IsABellJar13 @luckgandor @ArgenteaMoon @Maddiebird @Fuurin @winterbright @Phenix @Petall

Chapter 43: Almost clean
Out of the mud and into the water. Blessed water.

We are finally clean! We even found a patch of soapwort, and it took every leaf to clean Percival’s matted fur. Our Guardians took some of the suds to wash their beards, but I went without. We are likely to find more soapwort soon, and I did not have mats of mud in my hair. I’ve heard that Pearlcatchers like myself are supposed to be pretentious and particular about cleanliness and appearance, but I cannot be bothered. We are travelling and I grew up without role models of my own species. If my hide is smudged with dirt and my hair has the odd twig or leaf, so be it. Pristine cleanliness is impossible on the road.

Even so, there are patches of mud on Tarash’s body, face, and wings that won’t come off. This doesn’t appear to bother him, though – he is Earth, after all.
D9Q2uZe.png
The relatively dry ground here is doing Charsth’s shedding scales good. There is some slight discolouration on some of the new scales, but that is all. He seems relieved, and I admit I am too. The Serthis has come to mean a lot to me. How strange, for a dragon to have a beastfolk as one of their closest friends.

Heroides is still coming to terms with how fast Percival is forgetting Feron, but he is making progress. I guess I should not have expected him to handle it well – this is their first real experience with loss and grief, after all. And Feron was so young.

A/N: poor Tarash :P oh well, he'll be fine...
From Ashes is a Nuzlocke following the survivors of a devastating attack on a Fire clan as they struggle to survive and find a new home
@Tiiran

It's nice to see Tarash fully gened finally! Nice use of Scales.
@Tiiran

It's nice to see Tarash fully gened finally! Nice use of Scales.
They/them/theirs pronouns please. Also if you'd prefer to call me by name instead of by my username, my favorite name is Scarlet.
75UHyX6.png
I hoard Crimson Emperors. Will pay 6-8kt per Emperor.
@Tiirran

That is the best explaination for scales I have ever seen in my life! I love it!
@Tiirran

That is the best explaination for scales I have ever seen in my life! I love it!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Tiirran never really liked scales, but that's a good explanation of it there :3
@Tiirran never really liked scales, but that's a good explanation of it there :3
Professional Grump

I live for memes
@darzoner you have no idea how long I've been waiting and how many tert genes I've looked at for Tarash. Thanks :)

@Petall :D

@ArgenteaMoon Thank you :)
@darzoner you have no idea how long I've been waiting and how many tert genes I've looked at for Tarash. Thanks :)

@Petall :D

@ArgenteaMoon Thank you :)
@AristaHolmes @MagicHats @Antaria @Merciless @fairyn @sykotikkytten @FrostStrix @Mistycloud @Glowshroomland @valian @Interiu @MasqueradeOfLife @darzoner @Axqu @IsABellJar13 @luckgandor @ArgenteaMoon @Maddiebird @Fuurin @winterbright @Phenix @Petall

Chapter 44: Decisions
The mud on Tarash’s body isn’t coming off. It has dried and solidified into scale-like patches on his skin. Washing and scrubbing makes no difference, and scraping hurts him. I am worried, but the mud doesn’t seem to bother him. He says he does not mind, and he is Earth. There are worse things to be apparently permanently covered in.

We are nearing a point of decision in our travels. The muddy landscape led us into the area known as Bamboo Falls, patrolled by Raptorik clans and home to many dangerous beasts. And beyond that lies the Reedcleft Ascent; an enormous natural staircase of thick bamboo groves and sheer cliffs buffeted by strong winds. This is the most dangerous part of our journey so far. To our north lies the open sea and the Plague shore, and to our southwest, the lethal gales of the Twisting Crescendo. We must find some way to get past this point.

We could get passage on a boat across the Sea of a Thousand Currents, but that would mean actually finding a boat, and the crew being willing to take us. Perhaps if we could locate a clan? But aside from Rinna’s clan many weeks ago, and Lir and Feron, we have not met other dragons. There has barely been signs of civilization or even packs or hermits, even though we are following the coast. Lir says that most clans lie farther inland, or in more defensible places along the shore. We will have to keep an eye out, maybe find a place to stay so we can watch for ships.

The alternative is braving the Ascent, but I do not trust that we are good enough at flying yet. Heroides is our only Wind dragon, and he is not a mage, so his ability to help is limited. We could set up camp and practice our flying, but it would take a while to be good enough. Not to mention the danger of Raptorik attacks and wild beasts in the area.

This is not a decision I can make alone. I will speak to the others, hear their opinions and see if they have any ideas. Hopefully we can find a solution and a way forwards quickly.

A/N: I was going to post this last night, but, well, Eurovision. Also impending exams. Anyways! I'm using this map, created by Aribis(?), to visualize the world and plan and plot the journey. The map itself will probably make an appearance in the story soon-ish but I just wanted to share this awesome gorgeous resource.

Chapter 44: Decisions
The mud on Tarash’s body isn’t coming off. It has dried and solidified into scale-like patches on his skin. Washing and scrubbing makes no difference, and scraping hurts him. I am worried, but the mud doesn’t seem to bother him. He says he does not mind, and he is Earth. There are worse things to be apparently permanently covered in.

We are nearing a point of decision in our travels. The muddy landscape led us into the area known as Bamboo Falls, patrolled by Raptorik clans and home to many dangerous beasts. And beyond that lies the Reedcleft Ascent; an enormous natural staircase of thick bamboo groves and sheer cliffs buffeted by strong winds. This is the most dangerous part of our journey so far. To our north lies the open sea and the Plague shore, and to our southwest, the lethal gales of the Twisting Crescendo. We must find some way to get past this point.

We could get passage on a boat across the Sea of a Thousand Currents, but that would mean actually finding a boat, and the crew being willing to take us. Perhaps if we could locate a clan? But aside from Rinna’s clan many weeks ago, and Lir and Feron, we have not met other dragons. There has barely been signs of civilization or even packs or hermits, even though we are following the coast. Lir says that most clans lie farther inland, or in more defensible places along the shore. We will have to keep an eye out, maybe find a place to stay so we can watch for ships.

The alternative is braving the Ascent, but I do not trust that we are good enough at flying yet. Heroides is our only Wind dragon, and he is not a mage, so his ability to help is limited. We could set up camp and practice our flying, but it would take a while to be good enough. Not to mention the danger of Raptorik attacks and wild beasts in the area.

This is not a decision I can make alone. I will speak to the others, hear their opinions and see if they have any ideas. Hopefully we can find a solution and a way forwards quickly.

A/N: I was going to post this last night, but, well, Eurovision. Also impending exams. Anyways! I'm using this map, created by Aribis(?), to visualize the world and plan and plot the journey. The map itself will probably make an appearance in the story soon-ish but I just wanted to share this awesome gorgeous resource.
@Tiirran
Oh I've seen that map before, it's amazing! And I'm already curious to see which direction your dragons decide to take!^^
@Tiirran
Oh I've seen that map before, it's amazing! And I'm already curious to see which direction your dragons decide to take!^^
natureh5.png
@Tiiran

How have I never seen that map before? It's amazing! Also, I'm really excited that they are going through wind because that's my flight!!!! I can't wait to see what happens next!
@Tiiran

How have I never seen that map before? It's amazing! Also, I'm really excited that they are going through wind because that's my flight!!!! I can't wait to see what happens next!
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21