Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | From Ashes [Nuzlocke]
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 20 21
@AristaHolmes @MagicHats @Antaria @Merciless @fairyn @sykotikkytten @FrostStrix @Mistycloud @Glowshroomland @valian @Interiu @MasqueradeOfLife @darzoner @Axqu @IsABellJar13 @luckgandor

Chapter 32: Touched
They say Nereid is Shade-touched. That she has been fighting its madness, its corruption, its life-leeching, since Tarash pulled her out of the flaming hell that was our Lair. And that even though she has somehow been winning so far, she might never be fully rid of its taint.
I am so scared.

We are all scared. Tarash more than anyone, poor dragon. I cannot even begin to fathom what he must be going through right now. His Charge -his sole reason for living- possibly an unnatural monstrosity that would poison and kill us all in a blink if it could.

Clan Leader Rinna’s first reaction was to snap at us to get out. I think these caves are her Charge and Nereid endangers it. We are an unacceptable risk.

Tarash carried Nereid out to look for a new place to stay. Percival and Heroides have stayed behind with me as I plead with Rinna to not attack us and chase us away immediately. The Shade’s taint can be stopped, I know this. But it will probably take magic beyond what we can summon, and we might need to employ powerful Alchemy as well. I don’t know. There’s so much I don’t know and so much we have to do.

We’ll talk to Rinna now. Hopefully she will not be turned entirely against us.

A/N: It's been four months. I'm sorry. Life kicked me in the butt and then handed me a bunch of things to do. I'm at uni now, studying for a Bacheor's degree/undergrad, in a city I've never visited before moving to. I'm thriving, but busy.
I'll do my best to keep the story going. Next couple chapters are already written and I have a good direction.
I'm keeping the pinglist unless anyone wants to be taken off of it.
@AristaHolmes @MagicHats @Antaria @Merciless @fairyn @sykotikkytten @FrostStrix @Mistycloud @Glowshroomland @valian @Interiu @MasqueradeOfLife @darzoner @Axqu @IsABellJar13 @luckgandor

Chapter 32: Touched
They say Nereid is Shade-touched. That she has been fighting its madness, its corruption, its life-leeching, since Tarash pulled her out of the flaming hell that was our Lair. And that even though she has somehow been winning so far, she might never be fully rid of its taint.
I am so scared.

We are all scared. Tarash more than anyone, poor dragon. I cannot even begin to fathom what he must be going through right now. His Charge -his sole reason for living- possibly an unnatural monstrosity that would poison and kill us all in a blink if it could.

Clan Leader Rinna’s first reaction was to snap at us to get out. I think these caves are her Charge and Nereid endangers it. We are an unacceptable risk.

Tarash carried Nereid out to look for a new place to stay. Percival and Heroides have stayed behind with me as I plead with Rinna to not attack us and chase us away immediately. The Shade’s taint can be stopped, I know this. But it will probably take magic beyond what we can summon, and we might need to employ powerful Alchemy as well. I don’t know. There’s so much I don’t know and so much we have to do.

We’ll talk to Rinna now. Hopefully she will not be turned entirely against us.

A/N: It's been four months. I'm sorry. Life kicked me in the butt and then handed me a bunch of things to do. I'm at uni now, studying for a Bacheor's degree/undergrad, in a city I've never visited before moving to. I'm thriving, but busy.
I'll do my best to keep the story going. Next couple chapters are already written and I have a good direction.
I'm keeping the pinglist unless anyone wants to be taken off of it.
From Ashes is a Nuzlocke following the survivors of a devastating attack on a Fire clan as they struggle to survive and find a new home
@Tirran
You're alive! Welcome back :D
@Tirran
You're alive! Welcome back :D
tumblr_inline_njviw3UTUL1qg2i5p.png
@MasqueradeOfLife I'm alive indeed :) Thank you!
Man, it felt SO good to log on again and see my dragons. I've missed them and the story.
@MasqueradeOfLife I'm alive indeed :) Thank you!
Man, it felt SO good to log on again and see my dragons. I've missed them and the story.
From Ashes is a Nuzlocke following the survivors of a devastating attack on a Fire clan as they struggle to survive and find a new home
@AristaHolmes @MagicHats @Antaria @Merciless @fairyn @sykotikkytten @FrostStrix @Mistycloud @Glowshroomland @valian @Interiu @MasqueradeOfLife @darzoner @Axqu @IsABellJar13 @luckgandor [b]Chapter 33: On the Road Again[/b] We are not permitted to stay in the lands Rinna’s Clan claims, and must leave immediately. But she has supplied us with food and equipment, and a big surprise: [img]http://i.imgur.com/asAhYZo.png[/img] Rynn, Percival and Heroides’ friend. Rinna said they found him as an Egg, and he is now almost an adult and wishes to go north to look for his Charge. Even with Nereid shade-touched, Rinna would rather he travel with us than go alone, especially since he is already friends with Percy and Hero. He is a welcome addition to our group. I have had to leave Nexus and our alchemy behind. I’m not happy about it, but it cannot be helped. I begged the time to quickly write down most of what I would have taught her had we stayed, so she will not be working blind, as it were, to improve her skills. I am certain she will do well. We collected Charsth on our way out of the Lair for the last time. I think he was glad to leave it behind. He was treated well, but every dragon seemed suspicious of him, a few even outright hostile. I think it will be good to be back on the road. [b]A/N:[/b] Exams are closing in. Oh joy. I make no guarantees or promises other than that I'm trying my best. As before, if you'd like to be taken off or added to the ping list just let me know :)

Chapter 33: On the Road Again
We are not permitted to stay in the lands Rinna’s Clan claims, and must leave immediately. But she has supplied us with food and equipment, and a big surprise:
asAhYZo.png
Rynn, Percival and Heroides’ friend.

Rinna said they found him as an Egg, and he is now almost an adult and wishes to go north to look for his Charge. Even with Nereid shade-touched, Rinna would rather he travel with us than go alone, especially since he is already friends with Percy and Hero. He is a welcome addition to our group.

I have had to leave Nexus and our alchemy behind. I’m not happy about it, but it cannot be helped. I begged the time to quickly write down most of what I would have taught her had we stayed, so she will not be working blind, as it were, to improve her skills. I am certain she will do well.

We collected Charsth on our way out of the Lair for the last time. I think he was glad to leave it behind. He was treated well, but every dragon seemed suspicious of him, a few even outright hostile.

I think it will be good to be back on the road.

A/N: Exams are closing in. Oh joy. I make no guarantees or promises other than that I'm trying my best.
As before, if you'd like to be taken off or added to the ping list just let me know :)
@Tiirran well I just read this whole thign like I said I was gonna. Add me to your pinglist, because your writing is super great! :3

(I've sent a message to you that contains all of my responses to the individual entries.)
@Tiirran well I just read this whole thign like I said I was gonna. Add me to your pinglist, because your writing is super great! :3

(I've sent a message to you that contains all of my responses to the individual entries.)
Professional Grump

I live for memes
@ArgenteaMoon aaa thanks! Added to pinglist :)

(I'll read it once I stop being irrationally terrified of feedback agh. Always a struggle tbh)
@ArgenteaMoon aaa thanks! Added to pinglist :)

(I'll read it once I stop being irrationally terrified of feedback agh. Always a struggle tbh)
@Tiirran trust me it's overwhelmingly positive feedback. I can't think of a single negative thing I said :p
@Tiirran trust me it's overwhelmingly positive feedback. I can't think of a single negative thing I said :p
Professional Grump

I live for memes
@ArgenteaMoon yeah, I saw ^^ I just have this general irrational fear of feedback, nothing to do with this story or you in particular!
@ArgenteaMoon yeah, I saw ^^ I just have this general irrational fear of feedback, nothing to do with this story or you in particular!
@Tiirran HOLY ARCANIST! Your writing is amazing! I just read all of it, and let me tell you, I think this is absolutely beautiful! Thank you for posting this, and may I be added to your pinglist?
@Tiirran HOLY ARCANIST! Your writing is amazing! I just read all of it, and let me tell you, I think this is absolutely beautiful! Thank you for posting this, and may I be added to your pinglist?
@Maddiebird AAAaaaaaaaaa Thank you! Adding you right away :D
@Maddiebird AAAaaaaaaaaa Thank you! Adding you right away :D
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 20 21