Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | After the Storm – Nuzlocke story
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 33 34
@Murklin @LagMonster @Gallows @Cewientje @Tedium @Kizmetto @AerinCantator @caperantagonist @Neige @VictoryInSolace @Survivors @Chloraphyll @Sildrael @Khoshekh @Stormdragon @Scyras @Rosie115 @FlyingNorth @psychocanes @Sellenair [i]I don't think this is an interlude, but I felt like writing at least one piece from these two's points of view.[/i] [u]Shianzar[/u] When Shianzar found the egg, he swore. It looked at him expectantly, a bright glowing thing the size of a Mirror or Tundra hatchling. He continued cursing as he tried to walk away, but the guilt got so bad he went back to the stupid thing in rage. How dare it be here and expect him to look after it? If he stopped now, that crazy Guardian would find him all the sooner, and make him to go back to all the other idiots to apologise. The longer he stayed away from that madwoman, the longer he'd have on his own. He supposed he could actually let her find him and dump the unwanted burden on her, but it was a [i]lot[/i] harder to escape her grasp than it was to simply evade her. He snarled. Why was this always happening to him? First a Ridgeback bleeding to death, then that stupid hatchling, and then all the rest of those lunatics. Why wouldn't they just leave him in peace? He picked up the egg furiously. If he'd been as dull of colouration as his pursuer, or had reasonable sized wings, he probably would have flown so he could carry it. But his body was as useless as it always had been: brightly coloured and badly camouflaged, with wings far too small to ever lift him alone, let alone himself and this damn egg. But he knew now that he'd uncovered it, it would hatch just like the boulder that had birthed the green moron. He couldn't leave it. It would likely survive, and a Mirror or Tundra hatchling would remember his scent, and hunt him to the ends of Sornieth to get its revenge for abandoning it in the egg. No, he was forced to bring the accursed thing with him. He had run on three legs enough times for it not to be damnably slow, but any loss of speed was painful when the consequence of being caught was being subjected to having to spend extended periods of time in the company of dragons like Derianda, Jiira, and Tenora. He couldn't decide which of them was worse. It was a toss up between painfully self-righteous, aggravatingly stupid, or unbelievably selfish. He kept running. [u]Derianda[/u] As Shianzar ran off, Deri watched him go. She had been about to step out and capture him after he had finished investigating the light source, but then he'd discovered it to be an egg. The way he'd hung around for quite so long made it clear he had no idea how close she was, and the first thing she had learned about hunting Shianzar was if he knew you were there, he was as difficult to hang on to as a greased eel. He was far easier to follow when he thought he was safe. Since she was no longer intending to bring Shianzar back to Tenora's clan, it seemed more productive to just follow him and keep him out of trouble. It had surprised her when he'd picked the egg up instead of running off, but she remembered Shianzar saying he'd saved Tenora's life. Whatever bizarre things went on in his head, he clearly couldn't abandon someone who would otherwise die. It was this that made her not break her cover. If he did abandon the hatchling at any point she would save it, and when it was old enough to travel alone, she would send it to Tenora's clan. Derianda watched from a safe distance as Shianzar ran off into the gloom, apparently unaware that the glowing egg was more or less a beacon to Shadow eyes perfect for picking up even the faintest source of light. She could find him. EDIT: EGG EGG EGG :3 [img]https://36.media.tumblr.com/d2a61fd853fd567db4f3722963e04d44/tumblr_nlefrxriVg1rkef44o2_400.png[/img]
@Murklin @LagMonster @Gallows @Cewientje @Tedium @Kizmetto @AerinCantator @caperantagonist @Neige @VictoryInSolace @Survivors @Chloraphyll @Sildrael @Khoshekh @Stormdragon @Scyras @Rosie115 @FlyingNorth @psychocanes @Sellenair
I don't think this is an interlude, but I felt like writing at least one piece from these two's points of view.

Shianzar
When Shianzar found the egg, he swore. It looked at him expectantly, a bright glowing thing the size of a Mirror or Tundra hatchling. He continued cursing as he tried to walk away, but the guilt got so bad he went back to the stupid thing in rage.

How dare it be here and expect him to look after it? If he stopped now, that crazy Guardian would find him all the sooner, and make him to go back to all the other idiots to apologise. The longer he stayed away from that madwoman, the longer he'd have on his own. He supposed he could actually let her find him and dump the unwanted burden on her, but it was a lot harder to escape her grasp than it was to simply evade her.

He snarled. Why was this always happening to him? First a Ridgeback bleeding to death, then that stupid hatchling, and then all the rest of those lunatics. Why wouldn't they just leave him in peace?

He picked up the egg furiously. If he'd been as dull of colouration as his pursuer, or had reasonable sized wings, he probably would have flown so he could carry it. But his body was as useless as it always had been: brightly coloured and badly camouflaged, with wings far too small to ever lift him alone, let alone himself and this damn egg.

But he knew now that he'd uncovered it, it would hatch just like the boulder that had birthed the green moron. He couldn't leave it. It would likely survive, and a Mirror or Tundra hatchling would remember his scent, and hunt him to the ends of Sornieth to get its revenge for abandoning it in the egg. No, he was forced to bring the accursed thing with him.

He had run on three legs enough times for it not to be damnably slow, but any loss of speed was painful when the consequence of being caught was being subjected to having to spend extended periods of time in the company of dragons like Derianda, Jiira, and Tenora. He couldn't decide which of them was worse. It was a toss up between painfully self-righteous, aggravatingly stupid, or unbelievably selfish.

He kept running.

Derianda
As Shianzar ran off, Deri watched him go. She had been about to step out and capture him after he had finished investigating the light source, but then he'd discovered it to be an egg.

The way he'd hung around for quite so long made it clear he had no idea how close she was, and the first thing she had learned about hunting Shianzar was if he knew you were there, he was as difficult to hang on to as a greased eel. He was far easier to follow when he thought he was safe. Since she was no longer intending to bring Shianzar back to Tenora's clan, it seemed more productive to just follow him and keep him out of trouble.

It had surprised her when he'd picked the egg up instead of running off, but she remembered Shianzar saying he'd saved Tenora's life. Whatever bizarre things went on in his head, he clearly couldn't abandon someone who would otherwise die.

It was this that made her not break her cover. If he did abandon the hatchling at any point she would save it, and when it was old enough to travel alone, she would send it to Tenora's clan.

Derianda watched from a safe distance as Shianzar ran off into the gloom, apparently unaware that the glowing egg was more or less a beacon to Shadow eyes perfect for picking up even the faintest source of light. She could find him.

EDIT: EGG EGG EGG :3
tumblr_nlefrxriVg1rkef44o2_400.png
Professional Grump

I live for memes
OOOOOOOOH. EEEEEEEGGGG~!
OOOOOOOOH. EEEEEEEGGGG~!
Light Sprite
@psychocanes oh crap I meant to add the picture of the egg when I found it, but I'm feeling extremely lazy at this point
also: yes! EGG! First egg I've got from Scavenging since Kiterata's egg back in December! And I absolutely never get eggs from the coli, so you know. Apart from my four Nocturnes, the first egg I've found since December! I have been trying to get a Light egg all that time too! (except for festivals and that) I hope they fix gathering soon, because man I am finally starting to find the troubles with the system actually a problem! (EGG EGG EGG)

also this is the beginning of something new hehehe I have big plans for that eggchild
@psychocanes oh crap I meant to add the picture of the egg when I found it, but I'm feeling extremely lazy at this point
also: yes! EGG! First egg I've got from Scavenging since Kiterata's egg back in December! And I absolutely never get eggs from the coli, so you know. Apart from my four Nocturnes, the first egg I've found since December! I have been trying to get a Light egg all that time too! (except for festivals and that) I hope they fix gathering soon, because man I am finally starting to find the troubles with the system actually a problem! (EGG EGG EGG)

also this is the beginning of something new hehehe I have big plans for that eggchild
Professional Grump

I live for memes
He is like:

Decisions decisions... which would I regret more.. aah I have no choice I have to take this thing with me, I hope that lunatic won't be anywhere to catch me.

Derianda:
I am near and I see all. But like all great ninja, I do not strike until the time is good.

BUT WOOW EGG EGG! Yeahh it would be nice to not have to buy them. Not that I'm guilty of.
-glances at 4 unintroduced dragons-
He is like:

Decisions decisions... which would I regret more.. aah I have no choice I have to take this thing with me, I hope that lunatic won't be anywhere to catch me.

Derianda:
I am near and I see all. But like all great ninja, I do not strike until the time is good.

BUT WOOW EGG EGG! Yeahh it would be nice to not have to buy them. Not that I'm guilty of.
-glances at 4 unintroduced dragons-
Untitled-1.png140ebfe390e20e35991f0519b6cf34b982f6398e.png
@Sellenair hahahaha yep I wasn't sure for a while how to write from Shianzar's point of view, he often wants to use much worse insults than I think the censor would allow, so I have to try and find words he would actually use.
And Derianda is a boss, nobody can convince me otherwise.

wait four I only have three? *counts dragons on second page of lair* well I guess there's Forlock, but I'm still uncertain if I'm gonna include her, and what to do with her bio if I do. She's from Kizmetto's Nuzlocke.

Of the other three, one is the February egg to replace Thela, one is the March egg to replace the dragon who died in February, and one is from the egg Shianzar just found :3
@Sellenair hahahaha yep I wasn't sure for a while how to write from Shianzar's point of view, he often wants to use much worse insults than I think the censor would allow, so I have to try and find words he would actually use.
And Derianda is a boss, nobody can convince me otherwise.

wait four I only have three? *counts dragons on second page of lair* well I guess there's Forlock, but I'm still uncertain if I'm gonna include her, and what to do with her bio if I do. She's from Kizmetto's Nuzlocke.

Of the other three, one is the February egg to replace Thela, one is the March egg to replace the dragon who died in February, and one is from the egg Shianzar just found :3
Professional Grump

I live for memes
@ArgenteaMoon

I had meant my four unintroduced -looks at your lair- what a coincidence
@ArgenteaMoon

I had meant my four unintroduced -looks at your lair- what a coincidence
@Sellenair oh hahahahahahaha I should probably read your Nuzlocke! I've looked at the first post a bunch of times (like twice maybe) and first posts aren't very good that often (I mean look at mine) and I've read so many Nuzlockes now that I'm beginning to lose interest in all the others and I stare at your first post and go, "This is probably pretty good but ehhhhhhhhhhhhh."

What an amazing coincidence that we would both have four :p (or kinda-four in my case)
@Sellenair oh hahahahahahaha I should probably read your Nuzlocke! I've looked at the first post a bunch of times (like twice maybe) and first posts aren't very good that often (I mean look at mine) and I've read so many Nuzlockes now that I'm beginning to lose interest in all the others and I stare at your first post and go, "This is probably pretty good but ehhhhhhhhhhhhh."

What an amazing coincidence that we would both have four :p (or kinda-four in my case)
Professional Grump

I live for memes
@ArgenteaMoon

yeahhh sometimes I reread it again and go 'mweeehhh'.
maybe it was a little rushed since I just wanted to get the prologue over with and start the story.
@ArgenteaMoon

yeahhh sometimes I reread it again and go 'mweeehhh'.
maybe it was a little rushed since I just wanted to get the prologue over with and start the story.
@Sellenair I'm readin it now, here we go incoming Emperor
Why did you do a baby-locke? All your dragons are dead, why keep them? *looks at your lair ID* ohhh that's why. Yeah I think if I'd joined any earlier, I woulda only done a baby-locke too ... (This ain't a baby-locke, it's just a survival-rules altered Nuzlocke. all my survivors had to deal with mortality from the get-go)
@Sellenair I'm readin it now, here we go incoming Emperor
Why did you do a baby-locke? All your dragons are dead, why keep them? *looks at your lair ID* ohhh that's why. Yeah I think if I'd joined any earlier, I woulda only done a baby-locke too ... (This ain't a baby-locke, it's just a survival-rules altered Nuzlocke. all my survivors had to deal with mortality from the get-go)
Professional Grump

I live for memes
@ArgenteaMoon
quite a chunk of them are being considered for exalt as we speak haha. partly because I've come to the conclusion that buying and breeding for exalt is about the same so I may as well do the former.

dom pushes do such things to people o.o
@ArgenteaMoon
quite a chunk of them are being considered for exalt as we speak haha. partly because I've come to the conclusion that buying and breeding for exalt is about the same so I may as well do the former.

dom pushes do such things to people o.o
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 33 34