Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Hardcore Nuzlocke Challenge - Story!
1 2 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 196 197
@Lagmonster

What a great update to wake up to! It's so sweet to see how everyone is so devoted to Garr (although I can't help but wonder what's going to happen with Mephit...) and yay, new hatchling!
@Lagmonster

What a great update to wake up to! It's so sweet to see how everyone is so devoted to Garr (although I can't help but wonder what's going to happen with Mephit...) and yay, new hatchling!
@Meridok At this rate, the bear may very well end up being the only familiar with a fanclub. XD Why not a fanCUB? Aaaaah...

@FlyingNorth Thank you thank you. :3 Soon I'll have to start leveling the next three up to 15 if I want to keep up with their genes, but that means returning to the coliseum, and that's just scary. ;-; Actually, I'm waiting on a couple of nests before I take them back through the coli...

@Shiisiln He is quite devoted to them all, as well. :) He's personally raised almost all of them, though Cray and Deesha could probably claim more responsibility over Mephit than Garr himself can.
@Meridok At this rate, the bear may very well end up being the only familiar with a fanclub. XD Why not a fanCUB? Aaaaah...

@FlyingNorth Thank you thank you. :3 Soon I'll have to start leveling the next three up to 15 if I want to keep up with their genes, but that means returning to the coliseum, and that's just scary. ;-; Actually, I'm waiting on a couple of nests before I take them back through the coli...

@Shiisiln He is quite devoted to them all, as well. :) He's personally raised almost all of them, though Cray and Deesha could probably claim more responsibility over Mephit than Garr himself can.
tumblr_inline_nj4elzHhMA1rud3n2.png
Banner made by dragonicmaster
@Lagmonster
Many thanks! :D And, haha, you're deserving of all the kind words you receive, friend! I haven't been interested in reading anything fantasy-related in years after a fun read in a steampunk trilogy, but your story is really beginning to make me wonder why I'd ever stopped!
@Lagmonster
Many thanks! :D And, haha, you're deserving of all the kind words you receive, friend! I haven't been interested in reading anything fantasy-related in years after a fun read in a steampunk trilogy, but your story is really beginning to make me wonder why I'd ever stopped!
Chibi Human Gijinkas/OCs || Art Instagram
@LagMonster *groans loudly* nope that's it ur kicked out of the flight xD
@LagMonster *groans loudly* nope that's it ur kicked out of the flight xD
@Meridok *hangs head in shame* But.. D: but it's so warm and toasty here...
@Meridok *hangs head in shame* But.. D: but it's so warm and toasty here...
@LagMonster *siiiiigh* Fine, but only because Mather is terrifying you write good stories!
@LagMonster *siiiiigh* Fine, but only because Mather is terrifying you write good stories!
@Meridok Yaaaaay! XD Which is good, BECAUSE NOW I'M POSTING MOAAAAR.

@StrykeSlammerII @WhoDoVoodoo @NewHope @Talonr @CrypticGirl @Gwineira @Solaristigres @ike9899 @Gryphillian @TheArcaneKitsune @ShadowsFIAL @Alethia @Kodaic @Almedha @VictoryInSolace @Neige @PYR4LSP1T3 @Soupalicious @Lyel @benriya @Taffine @quailheart @FlyingNorth @nindeanwa @Hawktalon @murklin @Bayleef @Azurite @Shiisiln @Exsanguinate @msjanny @KingDoge @HallowDarkfrost @Altarf @Bolfir @ArgenteaMoon @Slyphire @stealthclaw @Ulta @Kizmetto @LeahR95 @Antivulano @IcefireStarfire @feroxia @Gallows @Survivors @Sulka @raya @Lambflop @Tedium

Thankful For...

Coming back home to my clan has me in the strangest of moods. I feel as though I am brimming with energy, but have no place to direct it. I feel so ready right now, ready to make a change, ready to make us all powerful, ready to lead my clan into greatness, but all of these things take time and it’s not is if I can just immediately will them into being. Still, there are always first steps to begin these changes.

Admittedly, there is a part of me that is also just happy to be able to sit back and enjoy the presence of all of them once more - my little hodgepodge family.

Elysia has been all over me since my return, quite literally. When not hooked around my neck like some living apparel, she crawls along my back and sits atop my head. I put up with it for the most part, but would prefer her not using my forehead as a chair in most cases. She talks though, endlessly, about projects and plans and tinkering. I’m not certain if her knowledge of the forges and my crafting has inspired her, or if this is just a knack due to the Stormcaller’s touch on her.

"There is a project I am working on," she jabbered on in her monotone, "I have been paying attention to all of the strange distortions you make" distortions? "due to your lack of sufficient frills and fans" oh… "and how you use them to communicate. I have been carefully breaking down this strange code and have been working on translating it over into its appropriate gestures. There is much work still, but now it will have to wait since you have brought us Melody."

"I’m sorry?" I gave a light chuckle, meaning the statement as a small joke. Naturally it went straight over her tiny green head.

"Why, did you do something wrong."

"No, I…" I hesitated. "That’s not what I meant."

"You are not sorry, then."

"No, just," I raised my hand up, placing it against my forehead in defeat. "Nevermind, Elysia. Nevermind."

"I will try," she stated, flatly, and then flew off from my shoulders without explanation. I boggled for a moment, wondering if we had managed to have a conversation just now or not, or if I had accidentally offended the little fae.

A small buzz and a strange vibrating feeling against my leg caught my attention and I looked down to find my bumble leaning up against me, its wings fluttering quickly. It seems that my clan mates were not the only ones to miss me in my absence. It’s easy to overlook things that are not fellows of dragon-kind, but I suppose it is just as important for a leader to remember that these various creatures have also decided to devote themselves to the strength of the clan, to aid us however they can, and even to depend on us for protection in these harsh lands. Even if some of them truly are little more than large insects.

Or, you know… bears.

I decided it would be worth a small stroll around my territory to check on the various creatures. I was pleased to find the janustrap doing so well after all that had befallen it, complimenting Cray on his care for the plant. His smile at me was reserved, perhaps still a little guilty for the damage he had caused it so long ago now, or perhaps simply distracted due to the fact that Gilda was currently nipping at his neck and grooming along his shoulders and wings. Her actions were halted by the sudden intrusion of a flying green dive-bomb as Elysia darted in, assaulting Gilda’s armored head with insufficient claws.

"We need to go. Sap. We need to go for sap," the little fae repeated incessantly until Gilda finally drew away with an annoyed snarl and strode off, following the active little dragon over to Mephit as the barrage of tiny claws began once more. I watched them go before turning to back to Cray.

"Gilda seems to be spending much time around you," I stated casually. He gave me an oblivious look.

"Is she?"

I stared at him, frowning. Cray ducked his head down with obvious embarrassment.

"I’m sorry, I didn’t mean it to sound like that.. I just…" his tail swept the ground behind him as it swayed anxiously. "What I mean was, after you vanished she started spending more time closer to me. I thought it was just because you were gone and Mephit was acting odd, but I guess if she’s still doing it then I don’t-" he paused, looking up at me sheepishly. "I must be sounding like a fool, I’m sorry. Garr, you’d tell me if I was sounding like a fool?"

"You are sounding like a fool," I assured him. Cray dropped his head again and let out a flustered sigh. "Are you bothered by her attention?"

"I’m not," he admitted, hesitant. "I just… I don’t know. I’ve been trying not to think about anything, I guess. Mostly, you were gone, and I was so distracted by that, but even with you here again, sometimes Gilda comes around and I just… I’m not certain what to think, and sometimes I just try not to think, and I just…” Cray was slowly ending up more and more on the ground as he spoke, until he was laying so flat I was convinced he was making an effort to meld himself into the stone beneath us. With as embarrassed as he looked, it wouldn’t have surprised me to learn if that was his exact train of thought. “Does any of that make sense?”

I gave a soft snort. What else do you say to a young dragon in this state? “Gilda’s been spending a lot of time around you,” I stated again, my voice loud and melodramatically deliberate. “That’s interesting, Cray. Very interesting.” He sighed, still one with the floor, and I stood to walk away and give him a moment to recover. I could see Mephit and Gilda leaving the cave with Elysia flying about them, apparently victorious in her efforts.

A hodgepodge family indeed, but a close one. That is something I could thank the Flamecaller for every day.
@Meridok Yaaaaay! XD Which is good, BECAUSE NOW I'M POSTING MOAAAAR.

@StrykeSlammerII @WhoDoVoodoo @NewHope @Talonr @CrypticGirl @Gwineira @Solaristigres @ike9899 @Gryphillian @TheArcaneKitsune @ShadowsFIAL @Alethia @Kodaic @Almedha @VictoryInSolace @Neige @PYR4LSP1T3 @Soupalicious @Lyel @benriya @Taffine @quailheart @FlyingNorth @nindeanwa @Hawktalon @murklin @Bayleef @Azurite @Shiisiln @Exsanguinate @msjanny @KingDoge @HallowDarkfrost @Altarf @Bolfir @ArgenteaMoon @Slyphire @stealthclaw @Ulta @Kizmetto @LeahR95 @Antivulano @IcefireStarfire @feroxia @Gallows @Survivors @Sulka @raya @Lambflop @Tedium

Thankful For...

Coming back home to my clan has me in the strangest of moods. I feel as though I am brimming with energy, but have no place to direct it. I feel so ready right now, ready to make a change, ready to make us all powerful, ready to lead my clan into greatness, but all of these things take time and it’s not is if I can just immediately will them into being. Still, there are always first steps to begin these changes.

Admittedly, there is a part of me that is also just happy to be able to sit back and enjoy the presence of all of them once more - my little hodgepodge family.

Elysia has been all over me since my return, quite literally. When not hooked around my neck like some living apparel, she crawls along my back and sits atop my head. I put up with it for the most part, but would prefer her not using my forehead as a chair in most cases. She talks though, endlessly, about projects and plans and tinkering. I’m not certain if her knowledge of the forges and my crafting has inspired her, or if this is just a knack due to the Stormcaller’s touch on her.

"There is a project I am working on," she jabbered on in her monotone, "I have been paying attention to all of the strange distortions you make" distortions? "due to your lack of sufficient frills and fans" oh… "and how you use them to communicate. I have been carefully breaking down this strange code and have been working on translating it over into its appropriate gestures. There is much work still, but now it will have to wait since you have brought us Melody."

"I’m sorry?" I gave a light chuckle, meaning the statement as a small joke. Naturally it went straight over her tiny green head.

"Why, did you do something wrong."

"No, I…" I hesitated. "That’s not what I meant."

"You are not sorry, then."

"No, just," I raised my hand up, placing it against my forehead in defeat. "Nevermind, Elysia. Nevermind."

"I will try," she stated, flatly, and then flew off from my shoulders without explanation. I boggled for a moment, wondering if we had managed to have a conversation just now or not, or if I had accidentally offended the little fae.

A small buzz and a strange vibrating feeling against my leg caught my attention and I looked down to find my bumble leaning up against me, its wings fluttering quickly. It seems that my clan mates were not the only ones to miss me in my absence. It’s easy to overlook things that are not fellows of dragon-kind, but I suppose it is just as important for a leader to remember that these various creatures have also decided to devote themselves to the strength of the clan, to aid us however they can, and even to depend on us for protection in these harsh lands. Even if some of them truly are little more than large insects.

Or, you know… bears.

I decided it would be worth a small stroll around my territory to check on the various creatures. I was pleased to find the janustrap doing so well after all that had befallen it, complimenting Cray on his care for the plant. His smile at me was reserved, perhaps still a little guilty for the damage he had caused it so long ago now, or perhaps simply distracted due to the fact that Gilda was currently nipping at his neck and grooming along his shoulders and wings. Her actions were halted by the sudden intrusion of a flying green dive-bomb as Elysia darted in, assaulting Gilda’s armored head with insufficient claws.

"We need to go. Sap. We need to go for sap," the little fae repeated incessantly until Gilda finally drew away with an annoyed snarl and strode off, following the active little dragon over to Mephit as the barrage of tiny claws began once more. I watched them go before turning to back to Cray.

"Gilda seems to be spending much time around you," I stated casually. He gave me an oblivious look.

"Is she?"

I stared at him, frowning. Cray ducked his head down with obvious embarrassment.

"I’m sorry, I didn’t mean it to sound like that.. I just…" his tail swept the ground behind him as it swayed anxiously. "What I mean was, after you vanished she started spending more time closer to me. I thought it was just because you were gone and Mephit was acting odd, but I guess if she’s still doing it then I don’t-" he paused, looking up at me sheepishly. "I must be sounding like a fool, I’m sorry. Garr, you’d tell me if I was sounding like a fool?"

"You are sounding like a fool," I assured him. Cray dropped his head again and let out a flustered sigh. "Are you bothered by her attention?"

"I’m not," he admitted, hesitant. "I just… I don’t know. I’ve been trying not to think about anything, I guess. Mostly, you were gone, and I was so distracted by that, but even with you here again, sometimes Gilda comes around and I just… I’m not certain what to think, and sometimes I just try not to think, and I just…” Cray was slowly ending up more and more on the ground as he spoke, until he was laying so flat I was convinced he was making an effort to meld himself into the stone beneath us. With as embarrassed as he looked, it wouldn’t have surprised me to learn if that was his exact train of thought. “Does any of that make sense?”

I gave a soft snort. What else do you say to a young dragon in this state? “Gilda’s been spending a lot of time around you,” I stated again, my voice loud and melodramatically deliberate. “That’s interesting, Cray. Very interesting.” He sighed, still one with the floor, and I stood to walk away and give him a moment to recover. I could see Mephit and Gilda leaving the cave with Elysia flying about them, apparently victorious in her efforts.

A hodgepodge family indeed, but a close one. That is something I could thank the Flamecaller for every day.
@LagMonster Oooooh yay! And omg Cray baby.
@LagMonster Oooooh yay! And omg Cray baby.
@Meridok I kind of love how adorably awkward he is at times. XD
@Meridok I kind of love how adorably awkward he is at times. XD
Cray is soooo cute x333
Cray is soooo cute x333
natureh5.png
1 2 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 196 197