Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Hardcore Nuzlocke Challenge - Story!
1 2 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 196 197
Oh brilliant update! Deesha was fantastic. And poor everyone else D:
Oh brilliant update! Deesha was fantastic. And poor everyone else D:
Haha right? I am glad I wasn't there to see her the whole time I was gone. 8I
Haha right? I am glad I wasn't there to see her the whole time I was gone. 8I
I am needing an art refund from:
Rapido: 516423 Treasure
Rapido will not respond to me. This is their tumbler as well. Do not order art from them.
[/center]
@Kodaic Deesha may be the only clan member Garr will ever continue to be afraid of. I mean, like, not constantly in fear, obviously, but she's the only one who can really put terror in him at times.

@Meridok At least they're all in one piece!

@ShadowsFIAL Mostly she was distant, and kept leaving to find Garr day after day after day *her excuse was if there was no body left to find, then it must mean Garr was still somewhere out there*. Cray tried to turn to her for guidance as a secondary leader, but she wouldn't do anything because leading the clan is nowhere in her desires/mind/instincts to do. She would be gone for so long that he was afraid she'd abandoned them at one point, but she always stopped by to check on them two to three times a day.
@Kodaic Deesha may be the only clan member Garr will ever continue to be afraid of. I mean, like, not constantly in fear, obviously, but she's the only one who can really put terror in him at times.

@Meridok At least they're all in one piece!

@ShadowsFIAL Mostly she was distant, and kept leaving to find Garr day after day after day *her excuse was if there was no body left to find, then it must mean Garr was still somewhere out there*. Cray tried to turn to her for guidance as a secondary leader, but she wouldn't do anything because leading the clan is nowhere in her desires/mind/instincts to do. She would be gone for so long that he was afraid she'd abandoned them at one point, but she always stopped by to check on them two to three times a day.
tumblr_inline_nj4elzHhMA1rud3n2.png
Banner made by dragonicmaster

They must have been very hard times 8I

They must have been very hard times 8I
I am needing an art refund from:
Rapido: 516423 Treasure
Rapido will not respond to me. This is their tumbler as well. Do not order art from them.
[/center]
@LagMonster
This was fun to come home to! xD I thought the poor little fae was gonna get squished o.o
@LagMonster
This was fun to come home to! xD I thought the poor little fae was gonna get squished o.o

@ShadowsFIAL They were not pleasant. D:

@IcefireStarfire This is why Garr is not comfortable having faes around. XD Everyone else is so big and doesn't always notice!
@ShadowsFIAL They were not pleasant. D:

@IcefireStarfire This is why Garr is not comfortable having faes around. XD Everyone else is so big and doesn't always notice!
@StrykeSlammerII @WhoDoVoodoo @NewHope @Talonr @CrypticGirl @Meridok @Gwineira @Solaristigres @ike9899 @Gryphillian @TheArcaneKitsune @ShadowsFIAL @Alethia @Kodaic @Almedha @VictoryInSolace @Neige @PYR4LSP1T3 @Soupalicious @Lyel @benriya @Taffine @quailheart @FlyingNorth @nindeanwa @Hawktalon @murklin @Bayleef @Azurite @Shiisiln @Exsanguinate @msjanny @KingDoge @HallowDarkfrost @Altarf @Bolfir @ArgenteaMoon @Slyphire @stealthclaw @Ulta @Kizmetto @LeahR95 @Antivulano @IcefireStarfire @feroxia @Gallows @Survivors @Sulka @raya [b]A Song in the Wind[/b] When the heartbeat returns, the body springs to life once more. I took the time needed to collect myself, Deesha watching and waiting patiently from her lair. Behind her, lurking in the darkness, I could smell the musky scent of the serthis that slithered about. I still had no idea what it was doing here, or how Deesha had contained it, or why she seemed to trust it enough to shove a fae in its hands and leave, but those questions were not for this moment. This moment was only a brief respite before the final return to my clan. "I am ready," I told her, after steeling myself from her nerve-wracking scolding just moments earlier. She nodded and stood, and together we walked back to the crater, the little ice-colored fae perched on my back, nestled between my shoulder blades. Cray was the first to spot us, which I found interesting, as Mephit was still out and pacing. "GARR!!" The brown mirror scrambled to his feet so quickly to I half expected his limbs to tangle and cause him to fall right back over, but he somehow maintained his balance in his mad squirming and tore quickly up the crater’s side toward us. I could not help but smile, feeling touched by the sound of concern and relief in his voice. Gilda and Elysia burst from the cave shortly after, both seeming alert and anxious, and Mephit stayed back, watching us in our descent down the crater’s wall. Cray greeted me with an affectionate headbutt, his wings trembling as he nuzzled along my neck and shoulders happily. He looked at me as though he wanted to say something, and I yearned for something to say back… but there were no words. Not from either of us. He simply smiled, a deep emotion welling in his amber eyes, and took his place as my side as we continued down to the side of the crater to the lairs below. Gilda was next to greet me, charging up with all the exuberance of her usual pounces, and admittedly I braced myself for an impact, but she skidded to a halt before me and instead threw an arm around my neck, leaning against me in a desperate hug. I could hear a happy rumbling from her chest, like a sort of purr as she nuzzled against me. The gesture was certainly meaningful, and I did not disapprove of it, but her arm around me staggered the young fae on my back and I did not want her to dislodge the small creature, so gently I pushed her away, giving her a reassuring smile to show I was not upset by her greeting. No sooner did I have her arm off from around my neck when Elysia took her place, wrapping tightly around me like a trembling scarf. "I knew you would be back," the little fae stated in her usual monotone. "I told all of the others that every day." "She did," Cray agreed. "She even yelled at Mephit." "Did she?" I asked, forcing an innocence in my voice to hide the knowledge Deesha had enlightened me to earlier. The great guardian gave a grunt from where he was sitting, and I turned to him. "Why did she yell at you?" Mephit dropped his head, looking a little embarrassed, or possibly ashamed. I knew of his desire to leave, but I needed to see the reaction he gave me. I needed to know how soon my clan might be down another member, though judging by his hesitation, I felt he could be relied on for a least a bit longer still. "I see your stripes have grown in more fully, now." I stated with distracted interest as I took in the patterns that now covered the great guardian’s hide. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7347939][img]https://31.media.tumblr.com/d5fcaf8be8d4384c51d9827e983de38d/tumblr_inline_nfdo3aK8I21t2f6de.png[/img] [/url] He was certainly bigger than Deesha now. I remembered him being smaller before I left… I remembered them all being much smaller, and looking a little different. I turned my head to take in my clan mates, realizing all of the changes that I had not been present for. Gilda’s golden colors were shining more brightly in parts of her hide, and Elysia’s green was mottled and freckled all over. Even Cray seemed a little different as I noted the darker fades of color jutting across his wings. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=90591][img]https://31.media.tumblr.com/81f1b03887345d43b9f2d39ec27f4544/tumblr_inline_nfdomcpnFj1t2f6de.png[/img][/url] I was proud to see them grow, yes, but also… it hurt to realize I had been gone for so long that I had missed all of this. Apparently theirs was not the only change that had been missed, however. "What happened to your wings?" Gilda stated with alarm, her head tilting to the side as her red eyes narrowed, focusing over my shoulders. "What do you mean?" I asked, still trying to pry the quivering scarf that was Elysia from my neck. "They look scarred," Cray added, reaching up and pointing. I frowned. "Scarred? No, they got a bit of strain, but they shouldn’t-" I looked over my shoulder and my words halted. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6918379][img]https://31.media.tumblr.com/07157f0b5001b9bbf901c128ba39f8af/tumblr_inline_nfdos3h5Bf1t2f6de.png[/img][/url] We should probably take stock in obtaining something reflective… How long had they been like[i] that[/i] before I ever noticed? I looked back to my clan, my expression a little bewildered and with no answer for them. Did it happen during the fight? Or the fall? In the Steppes or any time after? I ceased prying at Elysia as I puzzled it over, and her tiny, flat voice broke me from my thoughts. "Who is this." Her twitching tail nearly smacked me in my muzzle, and I gave a little grunt as I finally pulled her away. She beat her wings frantically and lifted from my grip into the air, settling in a perch on Gilda’s head. Even Mephit stood and walked over, curious as to who she was referring to. I reached back, coaxing the little ice-colored fae to retake her spot on my hand, and held her out for the others to see. Her tiny frills shuddered and I could feel her chest vibrate as a small hum emitted from her. It reminded me a little of the phantom song I thought I heard on the breeze in Windsinger’s lands. "This is Melody," I decided then and there. It was not the most original of names, perhaps, but for me it was oddly fitting. If not a little ironic, due to the usual toneless nature of faes. "She may have been from one of the harpies, I am not sure… but she’s here with us now." I saw Cray and Gilda smile, and Elysia made a gesture I still could not fully understand. Mephit grunted and held back, but in his eyes there seemed to be a pleased, even touched look. His nature reminds me a little of Deesha - I wonder if this is a guardian thing or if he is simply taking after her? I gave him a look and he met my eyes briefly before staring down at the ground. Perhaps his mannerisms are actually due to his personal struggles during my absence and return… "Welcome, Melody," Gilda stated, craning her neck out to sniff at the little hatchling. Behind me there was a low groan, and everyone turned with confusion to the source of the noise. I only frowned, looking vaguely put-upon. [img]https://31.media.tumblr.com/73bf45d3d1e5fd4a3041169534b696fe/tumblr_inline_nfdpgvhBWJ1t2f6de.png[/img] "Also," I stated with some reluctance, "there is a bear…" Deesha chuckled.
@StrykeSlammerII @WhoDoVoodoo @NewHope @Talonr @CrypticGirl @Meridok @Gwineira @Solaristigres @ike9899 @Gryphillian @TheArcaneKitsune @ShadowsFIAL @Alethia @Kodaic @Almedha @VictoryInSolace @Neige @PYR4LSP1T3 @Soupalicious @Lyel @benriya @Taffine @quailheart @FlyingNorth @nindeanwa @Hawktalon @murklin @Bayleef @Azurite @Shiisiln @Exsanguinate @msjanny @KingDoge @HallowDarkfrost @Altarf @Bolfir @ArgenteaMoon @Slyphire @stealthclaw @Ulta @Kizmetto @LeahR95 @Antivulano @IcefireStarfire @feroxia @Gallows @Survivors @Sulka @raya

A Song in the Wind

When the heartbeat returns, the body springs to life once more.

I took the time needed to collect myself, Deesha watching and waiting patiently from her lair. Behind her, lurking in the darkness, I could smell the musky scent of the serthis that slithered about. I still had no idea what it was doing here, or how Deesha had contained it, or why she seemed to trust it enough to shove a fae in its hands and leave, but those questions were not for this moment. This moment was only a brief respite before the final return to my clan.

"I am ready," I told her, after steeling myself from her nerve-wracking scolding just moments earlier. She nodded and stood, and together we walked back to the crater, the little ice-colored fae perched on my back, nestled between my shoulder blades.

Cray was the first to spot us, which I found interesting, as Mephit was still out and pacing.

"GARR!!" The brown mirror scrambled to his feet so quickly to I half expected his limbs to tangle and cause him to fall right back over, but he somehow maintained his balance in his mad squirming and tore quickly up the crater’s side toward us. I could not help but smile, feeling touched by the sound of concern and relief in his voice. Gilda and Elysia burst from the cave shortly after, both seeming alert and anxious, and Mephit stayed back, watching us in our descent down the crater’s wall.

Cray greeted me with an affectionate headbutt, his wings trembling as he nuzzled along my neck and shoulders happily. He looked at me as though he wanted to say something, and I yearned for something to say back… but there were no words. Not from either of us. He simply smiled, a deep emotion welling in his amber eyes, and took his place as my side as we continued down to the side of the crater to the lairs below.

Gilda was next to greet me, charging up with all the exuberance of her usual pounces, and admittedly I braced myself for an impact, but she skidded to a halt before me and instead threw an arm around my neck, leaning against me in a desperate hug. I could hear a happy rumbling from her chest, like a sort of purr as she nuzzled against me. The gesture was certainly meaningful, and I did not disapprove of it, but her arm around me staggered the young fae on my back and I did not want her to dislodge the small creature, so gently I pushed her away, giving her a reassuring smile to show I was not upset by her greeting. No sooner did I have her arm off from around my neck when Elysia took her place, wrapping tightly around me like a trembling scarf.

"I knew you would be back," the little fae stated in her usual monotone. "I told all of the others that every day."

"She did," Cray agreed. "She even yelled at Mephit."

"Did she?" I asked, forcing an innocence in my voice to hide the knowledge Deesha had enlightened me to earlier. The great guardian gave a grunt from where he was sitting, and I turned to him. "Why did she yell at you?"

Mephit dropped his head, looking a little embarrassed, or possibly ashamed. I knew of his desire to leave, but I needed to see the reaction he gave me. I needed to know how soon my clan might be down another member, though judging by his hesitation, I felt he could be relied on for a least a bit longer still.

"I see your stripes have grown in more fully, now." I stated with distracted interest as I took in the patterns that now covered the great guardian’s hide.

tumblr_inline_nfdo3aK8I21t2f6de.png

He was certainly bigger than Deesha now. I remembered him being smaller before I left… I remembered them all being much smaller, and looking a little different. I turned my head to take in my clan mates, realizing all of the changes that I had not been present for. Gilda’s golden colors were shining more brightly in parts of her hide, and Elysia’s green was mottled and freckled all over. Even Cray seemed a little different as I noted the darker fades of color jutting across his wings.

tumblr_inline_nfdomcpnFj1t2f6de.png

I was proud to see them grow, yes, but also… it hurt to realize I had been gone for so long that I had missed all of this.

Apparently theirs was not the only change that had been missed, however.

"What happened to your wings?" Gilda stated with alarm, her head tilting to the side as her red eyes narrowed, focusing over my shoulders.

"What do you mean?" I asked, still trying to pry the quivering scarf that was Elysia from my neck.

"They look scarred," Cray added, reaching up and pointing. I frowned.

"Scarred? No, they got a bit of strain, but they shouldn’t-" I looked over my shoulder and my words halted.

tumblr_inline_nfdos3h5Bf1t2f6de.png

We should probably take stock in obtaining something reflective… How long had they been like that before I ever noticed? I looked back to my clan, my expression a little bewildered and with no answer for them. Did it happen during the fight? Or the fall? In the Steppes or any time after? I ceased prying at Elysia as I puzzled it over, and her tiny, flat voice broke me from my thoughts.

"Who is this."

Her twitching tail nearly smacked me in my muzzle, and I gave a little grunt as I finally pulled her away. She beat her wings frantically and lifted from my grip into the air, settling in a perch on Gilda’s head. Even Mephit stood and walked over, curious as to who she was referring to. I reached back, coaxing the little ice-colored fae to retake her spot on my hand, and held her out for the others to see. Her tiny frills shuddered and I could feel her chest vibrate as a small hum emitted from her. It reminded me a little of the phantom song I thought I heard on the breeze in Windsinger’s lands.

"This is Melody," I decided then and there. It was not the most original of names, perhaps, but for me it was oddly fitting. If not a little ironic, due to the usual toneless nature of faes. "She may have been from one of the harpies, I am not sure… but she’s here with us now." I saw Cray and Gilda smile, and Elysia made a gesture I still could not fully understand. Mephit grunted and held back, but in his eyes there seemed to be a pleased, even touched look. His nature reminds me a little of Deesha - I wonder if this is a guardian thing or if he is simply taking after her? I gave him a look and he met my eyes briefly before staring down at the ground. Perhaps his mannerisms are actually due to his personal struggles during my absence and return…

"Welcome, Melody," Gilda stated, craning her neck out to sniff at the little hatchling.

Behind me there was a low groan, and everyone turned with confusion to the source of the noise. I only frowned, looking vaguely put-upon.

tumblr_inline_nfdpgvhBWJ1t2f6de.png

"Also," I stated with some reluctance, "there is a bear…"

Deesha chuckled.
@LagMonster

You're spoiling me with these updates holy Shadowbinder

LET IT NEVER END *shot*

A cute update, and its cool to see everyone growing up : )
@LagMonster

You're spoiling me with these updates holy Shadowbinder

LET IT NEVER END *shot*

A cute update, and its cool to see everyone growing up : )
kIkbHva.png bsf2fqJ.jpg
@stealthclaw I try to keep them constant enough, but sometimes they slow down due to time or trying to get in contact with others. :3
@stealthclaw I try to keep them constant enough, but sometimes they slow down due to time or trying to get in contact with others. :3
@LagMonster

You do pretty well with constant updates :) I do heartily enjoy the updates, and you seem to love writing it! That's always a good thing c :
@LagMonster

You do pretty well with constant updates :) I do heartily enjoy the updates, and you seem to love writing it! That's always a good thing c :
kIkbHva.png bsf2fqJ.jpg
1 2 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 196 197