Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Persistent McAfee alerts
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
@Leetah43

That's almost certainly an ad doing that. It's an almost textbook style scam ad for sure.

I'd grab an ad-blocker if it keeps poping up because that's a real bad one to be getting out of nowhere
@Leetah43

That's almost certainly an ad doing that. It's an almost textbook style scam ad for sure.

I'd grab an ad-blocker if it keeps poping up because that's a real bad one to be getting out of nowhere
IT7iTv8.png
@alphasobek I have an ad-blocker. but white list a very few sites like flight rising since they get revenue from them.
@alphasobek I have an ad-blocker. but white list a very few sites like flight rising since they get revenue from them.
nRLbRTT.png
@Leetah43

If that same redirect keeps happening then I'd consider turning it on for FR.

There's more an issue with mobile users than with desktop users but forced redirects can really mess up a PC even if they aren't clicked some of the time. So one like you described is pretty bad news.

There are always gem bundles and exposure if you're worried about FR's bottom line. It also probably wouldn't be an issue forever, so protecting yourself until they fix the issue is always an option!
@Leetah43

If that same redirect keeps happening then I'd consider turning it on for FR.

There's more an issue with mobile users than with desktop users but forced redirects can really mess up a PC even if they aren't clicked some of the time. So one like you described is pretty bad news.

There are always gem bundles and exposure if you're worried about FR's bottom line. It also probably wouldn't be an issue forever, so protecting yourself until they fix the issue is always an option!
IT7iTv8.png
Yeah, i got a skeezy redirect too! It had the windows colors/logo thing on the icon. I just closed it ofc, but my adblock's gonna be on 'till it's fixed.
Yeah, i got a skeezy redirect too! It had the windows colors/logo thing on the icon. I just closed it ofc, but my adblock's gonna be on 'till it's fixed.
that happened to me yesterday after the overall bug (underfield "/")

i think that happens when antivirus thinks a piece of mySQL or php or anything else are virus. that looks viruses that know have same codes . that can be for games and SYSTEM files too!

i don't know how admins can remove viruses

totally i suggest you turn it to "gaming mode" when visiting :)
that happened to me yesterday after the overall bug (underfield "/")

i think that happens when antivirus thinks a piece of mySQL or php or anything else are virus. that looks viruses that know have same codes . that can be for games and SYSTEM files too!

i don't know how admins can remove viruses

totally i suggest you turn it to "gaming mode" when visiting :)
He/They
I can't do anything except go on the forums, pretty much. I'm on chrome on my phone and the stupid popup keeps coming up. The popup doesn't allow to me continue to the site - the "open anyway" button doesn't work.

(I don't think I even have McAfee)
I can't do anything except go on the forums, pretty much. I'm on chrome on my phone and the stupid popup keeps coming up. The popup doesn't allow to me continue to the site - the "open anyway" button doesn't work.

(I don't think I even have McAfee)
On hiatus
@skua

Try turn to "gaming mode" your AV
@skua

Try turn to "gaming mode" your AV
He/They
I'm getting the same message and it's saying slightly risky.
I was getting it under my lair, gather items and the trivia.

I'm on the latest version of Firefox.
I'm getting the same message and it's saying slightly risky.
I was getting it under my lair, gather items and the trivia.

I'm on the latest version of Firefox.
@HotaruKaiba

Firefox doesn't do that. it's your AV :)

FLIGHTRISING GOT A VIRUS! BE CAREFUL
@HotaruKaiba

Firefox doesn't do that. it's your AV :)

FLIGHTRISING GOT A VIRUS! BE CAREFUL
He/They
Also a thing we should remember McAfee gives off false positives, like when it blocked tumblr in feb. Mcafee is wonky and a terrible antivirus
Also a thing we should remember McAfee gives off false positives, like when it blocked tumblr in feb. Mcafee is wonky and a terrible antivirus
untitled_drawing_by_weneedagyro-dd1b1ku.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9