Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Huge lag across the site
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
It is slow on my tablet as well, just tried, and teh scren took ages to load only to get me to the login screen.

I have a router and wireless connection.

This issue has been going o since Trickmurk. I tried a different browser, and it still gives me horrible slowness. Went from google chrome to explorer and just nope, loading the main page took minutes. I wasn't even logged in.

Adblocks enabled and disabled both give slowness.
It is slow on my tablet as well, just tried, and teh scren took ages to load only to get me to the login screen.

I have a router and wireless connection.

This issue has been going o since Trickmurk. I tried a different browser, and it still gives me horrible slowness. Went from google chrome to explorer and just nope, loading the main page took minutes. I wasn't even logged in.

Adblocks enabled and disabled both give slowness.
Looking for
x0CMhAc.png tumblr_inline_nh7x7orwX81rbk7gv.png zyvrj7C.png
Hi-
I cleared my cache and everything is now much worse! This page is one of the few things that will load on my laptop.
On my phone, when I turn off wifi and use data, it seems much faster now. That's... not really a sustainable way to play, but it's an information point.
I tried running an incognito tab, and the flight rising home page would not load at all.
My adblocker (ghostery) is turned off for FR.
No VPN

Browser: Chrome
Connection: Verizon Fios, wifi
Hi-
I cleared my cache and everything is now much worse! This page is one of the few things that will load on my laptop.
On my phone, when I turn off wifi and use data, it seems much faster now. That's... not really a sustainable way to play, but it's an information point.
I tried running an incognito tab, and the flight rising home page would not load at all.
My adblocker (ghostery) is turned off for FR.
No VPN

Browser: Chrome
Connection: Verizon Fios, wifi
QLgbMIX.png
[quote name="@Mutron" date="2018-03-07 07:29:32" ] Hello all, I'm sorry for the frustrating slowness. To help narrow down what's going on here, we could use some information -- I realize it is difficult to access the site, but if you are able to provide some info it would be very helpful to us. Does the slowness go away when you use a different internet connection (e.g. home internet vs mobile, school or work vs home, etc.?) Does the slowness persist if you are logged out and try to browse the forums or other public parts of the site? (If you do not want to have to log back in while the site is behaving slowly, you could try incognito/private browsing mode.) For those of you with ad blockers, are you experiencing slowness with the ad blocker enabled? Are those of you that are experiencing issues using any special network software like a VPN? Thanks, and again, sorry for the interruption. [/quote] Slowness persists through all wifi (have tried two connections, one public and one private) but doesn't appear to be present on mobile 4G. Slowness is present logged out. Slowness is present regardless of any browser addons (adblock included). Slowness is present regardless of browser (chrome, firefox, opera, all latest versions). I am not using a VPN nor do I have one installed.
@Mutron wrote on 2018-03-07 07:29:32:
Hello all,

I'm sorry for the frustrating slowness. To help narrow down what's going on here, we could use some information -- I realize it is difficult to access the site, but if you are able to provide some info it would be very helpful to us.

Does the slowness go away when you use a different internet connection (e.g. home internet vs mobile, school or work vs home, etc.?)
Does the slowness persist if you are logged out and try to browse the forums or other public parts of the site? (If you do not want to have to log back in while the site is behaving slowly, you could try incognito/private browsing mode.)
For those of you with ad blockers, are you experiencing slowness with the ad blocker enabled?
Are those of you that are experiencing issues using any special network software like a VPN?

Thanks, and again, sorry for the interruption.

Slowness persists through all wifi (have tried two connections, one public and one private) but doesn't appear to be present on mobile 4G.
Slowness is present logged out.
Slowness is present regardless of any browser addons (adblock included).
Slowness is present regardless of browser (chrome, firefox, opera, all latest versions).
I am not using a VPN nor do I have one installed.
I don't know if this could be part of it, but I just realized something. The ads on the site are saying they are blocked by my ad blocker. I do not have an ad blocker installed.
I don't know if this could be part of it, but I just realized something. The ads on the site are saying they are blocked by my ad blocker. I do not have an ad blocker installed.
zTsL5fh6.pnghMqHBzkI_o.png
[quote name="Mutron" date="2018-03-07 07:29:32" ] Hello all, I'm sorry for the frustrating slowness. To help narrow down what's going on here, we could use some information -- I realize it is difficult to access the site, but if you are able to provide some info it would be very helpful to us. Does the slowness go away when you use a different internet connection (e.g. home internet vs mobile, school or work vs home, etc.?) Does the slowness persist if you are logged out and try to browse the forums or other public parts of the site? (If you do not want to have to log back in while the site is behaving slowly, you could try incognito/private browsing mode.) For those of you with ad blockers, are you experiencing slowness with the ad blocker enabled? Are those of you that are experiencing issues using any special network software like a VPN? Thanks, and again, sorry for the interruption. [/quote] 1. I only use wifi myself, and only go on FR at home, so I have no help here. 2. When logged out, the slowness is present but doesn't appear nearly as bad as when I'm logged in. I tried incognito previously and it did not help one bit. 3. I have only just tried disabling my adblocker. It does not seem to improve nor worsen the situation. I also have google docs add on and spreadsheet that I can attempt disabling if requested. 4. I do not have a VPN as far as I'm aware. I tried firefox and use chrome. The slowness persisted. I will say however, that only very, very recently (within the past 5-10 minutes), the speed has improved. The loading quality on pictures not entirely. Bad scenario though: I can no longer feed my dragons and Tomo's Trivia Tablet has stopped working. I click on the answer and all answers do a light-grey out except my answer (which appears green or black varying) and it does not continue further. Edit// poor loading quality resumed. It once again takes multiple refreshes or 'starting from point a (i.e, starting from the domain 'flightrising.com and then needing to click to 'clan profile', this forum post, the correct page)' to do things again :/ I've also come to realize I can not edit my clan profile information as I was trying to put something up to let nest renters know I won't be available becuz of this issue. :/ Can't bond with my familiars either. This is getting downright ridiculous. Likewise, when trying to nest dragons, sometimes the button doesn't show up at all and sometimes it does. I had to refresh and/or start from the 'flightrising.com' domain and continue clicking back to Nesting Grounds until they'd appear.[i] Lovely.[/i] I also can not comment on my own profile since the Post button doesn't work.
Mutron wrote on 2018-03-07 07:29:32:
Hello all,

I'm sorry for the frustrating slowness. To help narrow down what's going on here, we could use some information -- I realize it is difficult to access the site, but if you are able to provide some info it would be very helpful to us.

Does the slowness go away when you use a different internet connection (e.g. home internet vs mobile, school or work vs home, etc.?)
Does the slowness persist if you are logged out and try to browse the forums or other public parts of the site? (If you do not want to have to log back in while the site is behaving slowly, you could try incognito/private browsing mode.)
For those of you with ad blockers, are you experiencing slowness with the ad blocker enabled?
Are those of you that are experiencing issues using any special network software like a VPN?

1. I only use wifi myself, and only go on FR at home, so I have no help here.
2. When logged out, the slowness is present but doesn't appear nearly as bad as when I'm logged in. I tried incognito previously and it did not help one bit.
3. I have only just tried disabling my adblocker. It does not seem to improve nor worsen the situation. I also have google docs add on and spreadsheet that I can attempt disabling if requested.
4. I do not have a VPN as far as I'm aware.

I tried firefox and use chrome. The slowness persisted.

I will say however, that only very, very recently (within the past 5-10 minutes), the speed has improved. The loading quality on pictures not entirely.
Bad scenario though: I can no longer feed my dragons and Tomo's Trivia Tablet has stopped working. I click on the answer and all answers do a light-grey out except my answer (which appears green or black varying) and it does not continue further.

Edit// poor loading quality resumed. It once again takes multiple refreshes or 'starting from point a (i.e, starting from the domain 'flightrising.com and then needing to click to 'clan profile', this forum post, the correct page)' to do things again :/

I've also come to realize I can not edit my clan profile information as I was trying to put something up to let nest renters know I won't be available becuz of this issue. :/

Can't bond with my familiars either. This is getting downright ridiculous.

Likewise, when trying to nest dragons, sometimes the button doesn't show up at all and sometimes it does. I had to refresh and/or start from the 'flightrising.com' domain and continue clicking back to Nesting Grounds until they'd appear. Lovely.

I also can not comment on my own profile since the Post button doesn't work.
b42b30e632d83cf09d973c85176c5cec4d17d865.png x- @RoyalSorceress
x- she/her/they/them
x- FR+2
x- about
x- wishlist
x- icon dragon
[quote name="Mutron" date="2018-03-07 07:29:32" ] Hello all, I'm sorry for the frustrating slowness. To help narrow down what's going on here, we could use some information -- I realize it is difficult to access the site, but if you are able to provide some info it would be very helpful to us. Does the slowness go away when you use a different internet connection (e.g. home internet vs mobile, school or work vs home, etc.?) Does the slowness persist if you are logged out and try to browse the forums or other public parts of the site? (If you do not want to have to log back in while the site is behaving slowly, you could try incognito/private browsing mode.) For those of you with ad blockers, are you experiencing slowness with the ad blocker enabled? Are those of you that are experiencing issues using any special network software like a VPN? Thanks, and again, sorry for the interruption. [/quote] 1: The lag is present on every connection except mobile data. 2: Yes, the lag is present even when logged out. 3: Yes, the lag is present when my adblocker is on, its also present when its off. 4: I'm not using a VPN or other special network software
Hello all,

1: The lag is present on every connection except mobile data.
2: Yes, the lag is present even when logged out.
3: Yes, the lag is present when my adblocker is on, its also present when its off.
4: I'm not using a VPN or other special network software
[quote name="Mutron" date="2018-03-07 07:29:32" ] Hello all, I'm sorry for the frustrating slowness. To help narrow down what's going on here, we could use some information -- I realize it is difficult to access the site, but if you are able to provide some info it would be very helpful to us. Does the slowness go away when you use a different internet connection (e.g. home internet vs mobile, school or work vs home, etc.?) Does the slowness persist if you are logged out and try to browse the forums or other public parts of the site? (If you do not want to have to log back in while the site is behaving slowly, you could try incognito/private browsing mode.) For those of you with ad blockers, are you experiencing slowness with the ad blocker enabled? Are those of you that are experiencing issues using any special network software like a VPN? Thanks, and again, sorry for the interruption. [/quote] 1. No the slowness stays no matter where I am, but it works better on LTE than wifi. 2. Yes, it remains. 3. Yes, and when disabled. 4. The VPN doesn't seem to affect the lag. Then again I seem to be having worse lag than everyone else. The screen goes black for me and just. Doesn't load. The game is unplayable at this point
Hello all,

1. No the slowness stays no matter where I am, but it works better on LTE than wifi.
2. Yes, it remains.
3. Yes, and when disabled.
4. The VPN doesn't seem to affect the lag.

Then again I seem to be having worse lag than everyone else. The screen goes black for me and just. Doesn't load. The game is unplayable at this point
iO2X60T.png
[quote name="Mutron" date="2018-03-07 07:29:32" ] Does the slowness go away when you use a different internet connection (e.g. home internet vs mobile, school or work vs home, etc.?) Does the slowness persist if you are logged out and try to browse the forums or other public parts of the site? (If you do not want to have to log back in while the site is behaving slowly, you could try incognito/private browsing mode.) For those of you with ad blockers, are you experiencing slowness with the ad blocker enabled? Are those of you that are experiencing issues using any special network software like a VPN? [/quote] 1. Every wifi network is slow on any device and any browser. LTE on iPhone 6 iOS 11 works great. My ISP is AT&T. I can stream and do lots of intensive network things with blazing fast speed, but FR seems intermittently throttled. There will be random spurts where FR is plenty fast, but those are few and far between. I am currently located in Dallas, TX in case there is a location relation. 2. Slowness persists whether I am logged in or not. 3. Slowness persists with or without adblocker, and I do not have intrusive firewalls enabled. 4. No VPN and no weird network settings. Thank you for investigating this issue.

1. Every wifi network is slow on any device and any browser. LTE on iPhone 6 iOS 11 works great.

My ISP is AT&T. I can stream and do lots of intensive network things with blazing fast speed, but FR seems intermittently throttled. There will be random spurts where FR is plenty fast, but those are few and far between. I am currently located in Dallas, TX in case there is a location relation.

2. Slowness persists whether I am logged in or not.

3. Slowness persists with or without adblocker, and I do not have intrusive firewalls enabled.

4. No VPN and no weird network settings.

Thank you for investigating this issue.
Bonsai pixels (tofu and tea motif) by miirshroom
Quote:
Hello all,

1. Does the slowness go away when you use a different internet connection (e.g. home internet vs mobile, school or work vs home, etc.?)
2. Does the slowness persist if you are logged out and try to browse the forums or other public parts of the site? (If you do not want to have to log back in while the site is behaving slowly, you could try incognito/private browsing mode.)
3. For those of you with ad blockers, are you experiencing slowness with the ad blocker enabled?
4. Are those of you that are experiencing issues using any special network software like a VPN?

1. Nope, I've tried from home (laptop, desktop pc, phone wifi/data) and work from my phone (both wifi & data). Everywhere I try, it's still extremely slow. I'm lucky if I get things to load.

2. Oddly enough, I am able to browse the public parts while logged out. I've verified this in both Chrome and Firefox.

3. It's slow either way. :(

4. Nope.

In case it does help, my work internet is not the same as my home internet. Work = Spectrum, Home = AT&T. So it's not an issue with just one internet provider or something.

Also tried everything in Firefox and Chrome, the results were the same. Slow when logged in, faster when logged out.

Like @Glacecakes, the screen seems to go black more than anything. Intense lag right there. x_x

I would also like to add, at times the lag seems more bearable than others. Sometimes it does just black screen, not loading anything and other times it just take a few minutes to load a page. Other times, it just seems to load indefinitely. :/
Quote:
Hello all,

1. Does the slowness go away when you use a different internet connection (e.g. home internet vs mobile, school or work vs home, etc.?)
2. Does the slowness persist if you are logged out and try to browse the forums or other public parts of the site? (If you do not want to have to log back in while the site is behaving slowly, you could try incognito/private browsing mode.)
3. For those of you with ad blockers, are you experiencing slowness with the ad blocker enabled?
4. Are those of you that are experiencing issues using any special network software like a VPN?

1. Nope, I've tried from home (laptop, desktop pc, phone wifi/data) and work from my phone (both wifi & data). Everywhere I try, it's still extremely slow. I'm lucky if I get things to load.

2. Oddly enough, I am able to browse the public parts while logged out. I've verified this in both Chrome and Firefox.

3. It's slow either way. :(

4. Nope.

In case it does help, my work internet is not the same as my home internet. Work = Spectrum, Home = AT&T. So it's not an issue with just one internet provider or something.

Also tried everything in Firefox and Chrome, the results were the same. Slow when logged in, faster when logged out.

Like @Glacecakes, the screen seems to go black more than anything. Intense lag right there. x_x

I would also like to add, at times the lag seems more bearable than others. Sometimes it does just black screen, not loading anything and other times it just take a few minutes to load a page. Other times, it just seems to load indefinitely. :/
I normally use a wifi/router to high speed cable connection with Firefox. Using my LTE on a Samsung phone, with Chrome browser, also logged in, the connection seems normal as far as I can tell.

Logged out on Chrome on my laptop, I can't even access the site. Logged out on Edge, seems to work fine initially but then randomly won't load at all, or won't load certain images. I couldn't log in because the login screen stopped responding and locked me out so I couldn't test it yet.

Adblocker doesn't make a difference that I can tell, and I'm not using any VPN or anything like that on any connection.

The way it's happening to me is intermittent-- the site will work normally for 10 minutes or so and then just stop responding completely. I spent probably 20 minutes waiting for the forum page to load at all. Even when I can use the site, many images only partially load or don't load. I've gotten errors that the connection failed because a page took over 15 or 20 minutes to load and gave up, totally black screens with an empty site header, and pop-ups on dragon images that "this content failed to load"...
I normally use a wifi/router to high speed cable connection with Firefox. Using my LTE on a Samsung phone, with Chrome browser, also logged in, the connection seems normal as far as I can tell.

Logged out on Chrome on my laptop, I can't even access the site. Logged out on Edge, seems to work fine initially but then randomly won't load at all, or won't load certain images. I couldn't log in because the login screen stopped responding and locked me out so I couldn't test it yet.

Adblocker doesn't make a difference that I can tell, and I'm not using any VPN or anything like that on any connection.

The way it's happening to me is intermittent-- the site will work normally for 10 minutes or so and then just stop responding completely. I spent probably 20 minutes waiting for the forum page to load at all. Even when I can use the site, many images only partially load or don't load. I've gotten errors that the connection failed because a page took over 15 or 20 minutes to load and gave up, totally black screens with an empty site header, and pop-ups on dragon images that "this content failed to load"...
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9