Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Mana randomly dropping?
I don't coli in low level areas that often so maybe this has been pointed out before, but I'm in the Scorched Forest now and for some reason it seems that using an Eliminate at any point in a round causes a random drop of mana after the battle it ends.

I've gone from 97 to 91, 120 to 85, 120 to 91... took me the longest time to figure out why this particular dragon (in the bottom slot if that matters) wasn't maxing their mana out, and after building it up exclusively by using scratches and not encountering the problem it really does seem to be Eliminates only. The mana is returned as normal directly after killing something, it only gets deducted at the end of the round/beginning of the next.
I don't coli in low level areas that often so maybe this has been pointed out before, but I'm in the Scorched Forest now and for some reason it seems that using an Eliminate at any point in a round causes a random drop of mana after the battle it ends.

I've gone from 97 to 91, 120 to 85, 120 to 91... took me the longest time to figure out why this particular dragon (in the bottom slot if that matters) wasn't maxing their mana out, and after building it up exclusively by using scratches and not encountering the problem it really does seem to be Eliminates only. The mana is returned as normal directly after killing something, it only gets deducted at the end of the round/beginning of the next.
Me too. I coli everyday, and have never seen this glitch, so im guessing it has to do with the updates.

It only seems to happen if you use the eliminate as the last move of the match, so to cope ive been scratching the last enemy to death

The slot has no bearing I don't think. It's happened to all 3 of my coli guys.
Me too. I coli everyday, and have never seen this glitch, so im guessing it has to do with the updates.

It only seems to happen if you use the eliminate as the last move of the match, so to cope ive been scratching the last enemy to death

The slot has no bearing I don't think. It's happened to all 3 of my coli guys.
dasdana3_by_kiwicide-dcfneg3.png
@Szora @Dasdana
This is one of the oldest bugs in the Coli!
If a dragon uses Eliminate as its last turn, its breath is always capped at 85 at the start of the next battle.
Hopefully this will be fixed in the upcoming rewrite
@Szora @Dasdana
This is one of the oldest bugs in the Coli!
If a dragon uses Eliminate as its last turn, its breath is always capped at 85 at the start of the next battle.
Hopefully this will be fixed in the upcoming rewrite
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
@Vendrus Thank you for the info! I guess I've just been insanely lucky, or maybe just never looked too closely? (I'm so hype for the rewrite!!!!)
@Vendrus Thank you for the info! I guess I've just been insanely lucky, or maybe just never looked too closely? (I'm so hype for the rewrite!!!!)
dasdana3_by_kiwicide-dcfneg3.png
@Szora @Dasdana @Vendrus
it's true that this bug has been present forever now, but it became decidedly worse after the notn update.
the issue occured every now and then when you brought an enemy to exactly zero health or when you used eliminate as last attack. but now it occurs every single turn when eliminate is used (at least for me)
also it is not longer limited to the last hit. any dragon that used eliminate against an enemy group can randomly lose mana. even when the animation showed that it went back to maximum, in the next round it will be missing.
it doesn't seem to be limited to the zero health thing either, because this issue occurs in every venue i tried so far, even the low level ones, and also when i use scratch before eliminate.

EDIT: i tried around a bit and figured out something else, which is probably the reason why not more people are reporting this bug.
it ONLY occurs when your dragon has over 85 mana and it ONLY drops down to 85 mana. so even if you use eliminate at 90 mana, the next round you will be back to 85.

i should probably also mention that i'm using chrome 63.0.3239.84 on windows 10 64bit version
@Szora @Dasdana @Vendrus
it's true that this bug has been present forever now, but it became decidedly worse after the notn update.
the issue occured every now and then when you brought an enemy to exactly zero health or when you used eliminate as last attack. but now it occurs every single turn when eliminate is used (at least for me)
also it is not longer limited to the last hit. any dragon that used eliminate against an enemy group can randomly lose mana. even when the animation showed that it went back to maximum, in the next round it will be missing.
it doesn't seem to be limited to the zero health thing either, because this issue occurs in every venue i tried so far, even the low level ones, and also when i use scratch before eliminate.

EDIT: i tried around a bit and figured out something else, which is probably the reason why not more people are reporting this bug.
it ONLY occurs when your dragon has over 85 mana and it ONLY drops down to 85 mana. so even if you use eliminate at 90 mana, the next round you will be back to 85.

i should probably also mention that i'm using chrome 63.0.3239.84 on windows 10 64bit version
Qr1pg0s.png
@Rayfisch
These are two different bugs - it's not the one where killing an enemy didn't refund your breath (because of the 0hp issue).

This one has not been changed by NotN. It is as old as the coli itself, and you will find bug reports dating back years.
If eliminate was a dragon's last attack, even if you saw the breath come back, it will have 85 breath at the start of the next fight. It doesn't matter if the dragon was not the last one to attack, it just has to use eliminate on its last turn.

Many people take a long time to notice it though, since it rarely makes a significant impact on breath. One of the many things we're hoping will be fixed in the revamp!
@Rayfisch
These are two different bugs - it's not the one where killing an enemy didn't refund your breath (because of the 0hp issue).

This one has not been changed by NotN. It is as old as the coli itself, and you will find bug reports dating back years.
If eliminate was a dragon's last attack, even if you saw the breath come back, it will have 85 breath at the start of the next fight. It doesn't matter if the dragon was not the last one to attack, it just has to use eliminate on its last turn.

Many people take a long time to notice it though, since it rarely makes a significant impact on breath. One of the many things we're hoping will be fixed in the revamp!
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png