Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Dragons jumping around lair
1 2 3
[b]Mod hijack, to try and get more details out of your reports:[/b] [quote name="Alphaeon" date=2017-05-10 18:40:34] Hello everybody! If possible, could you include more detail on what exactly you were doing when your dragons shuffled places? It's important to describe the problem with as much detail as possible so the engineers can attempt to reproduce it. HondaYori's post is a good example: [quote name="HondaYori" date=2017-05-08 22:23:39] I run into a variant on this. Sometimes I move a dragon across several pages. I'll move it, say, from page 2 to page 3. I go to page 3 to move it to page 4, and it's not there. I flip from page 3 to another page, then back, and there's my missing dragon! [/quote] They included step-by-step what they were doing when the bug occurred, which is very helpful. :) Including the browser that you're using would also be helpful. Thank you! [/quote] ================= So when trying to arrange my lair, I ran into an issue that I haven't seen in a while now - random dragons jumping around to random spots when others are moved. Anyone else encountering this?
Mod hijack, to try and get more details out of your reports:
Alphaeon wrote on 2017-05-10:
Hello everybody! If possible, could you include more detail on what exactly you were doing when your dragons shuffled places? It's important to describe the problem with as much detail as possible so the engineers can attempt to reproduce it. HondaYori's post is a good example:
HondaYori wrote on 2017-05-08:
I run into a variant on this. Sometimes I move a dragon across several pages. I'll move it, say, from page 2 to page 3. I go to page 3 to move it to page 4, and it's not there. I flip from page 3 to another page, then back, and there's my missing dragon!

They included step-by-step what they were doing when the bug occurred, which is very helpful. :)

Including the browser that you're using would also be helpful.

Thank you!

=================

So when trying to arrange my lair, I ran into an issue that I haven't seen in a while now - random dragons jumping around to random spots when others are moved.

Anyone else encountering this?
@Dysnomia

I noticed this as well.
@Dysnomia

I noticed this as well.
new_and_improved_wofr_button_m9_by_epicdragon99-dacvtqc.png
I run into a variant on this. Sometimes I move a dragon across several pages. I'll move it, say, from page 2 to page 3. I go to page 3 to move it to page 4, and it's not there. I flip from page 3 to another page, then back, and there's my missing dragon!
~There is no such thing as sanity. Everyone is insane. The true question is, how insane are you, relative to everyone else?~
I also encounter a version of this. It seems like this one dragon REALLY wants to be where she used to be before I moved her, because she keeps ending up in exactly that spot. When I try to move her, adjacent dragons shuffle around as well.
I also encounter a version of this. It seems like this one dragon REALLY wants to be where she used to be before I moved her, because she keeps ending up in exactly that spot. When I try to move her, adjacent dragons shuffle around as well.
tumblr_ozbmajllGL1w8xkufo3_250.png
I've noticed this as well. It's annoying.
I've noticed this as well. It's annoying.
Ou2dqdV.pngtInjy41.png
I have this a lot
I have this a lot
Hello everybody! If possible, could you include more detail on what exactly you were doing when your dragons shuffled places? It's important to describe the problem with as much detail as possible so the engineers can attempt to reproduce it. HondaYori's post is a good example: [quote name="HondaYori" date=2017-05-08 22:23:39] I run into a variant on this. Sometimes I move a dragon across several pages. I'll move it, say, from page 2 to page 3. I go to page 3 to move it to page 4, and it's not there. I flip from page 3 to another page, then back, and there's my missing dragon! [/quote] They included step-by-step what they were doing when the bug occurred, which is very helpful. :) Including the browser that you're using would also be helpful. Thank you!
Hello everybody! If possible, could you include more detail on what exactly you were doing when your dragons shuffled places? It's important to describe the problem with as much detail as possible so the engineers can attempt to reproduce it. HondaYori's post is a good example:
HondaYori wrote on 2017-05-08:

They included step-by-step what they were doing when the bug occurred, which is very helpful. :)

Including the browser that you're using would also be helpful.

Thank you!
Volunteer Moderator
If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising staff, not the volunteer moderator group.
XRwFykP.png

I'm afraid I haven't been paying careful enough attention to get all the details, but it definitely happens predominantly when I'm moving dragons across pages. I'll keep a better eye out in future.

I use Firefox on Mac OS Sierra.
I'm afraid I haven't been paying careful enough attention to get all the details, but it definitely happens predominantly when I'm moving dragons across pages. I'll keep a better eye out in future.

I use Firefox on Mac OS Sierra.
Ou2dqdV.pngtInjy41.png
My browser is SRW Iron, a chrome-derived browser. (It has the guts of google chrome with minor tweaks, basically.) Running Windows 10. This is what I used when my vanishing dragons happened.
My browser is SRW Iron, a chrome-derived browser. (It has the guts of google chrome with minor tweaks, basically.) Running Windows 10. This is what I used when my vanishing dragons happened.
~There is no such thing as sanity. Everyone is insane. The true question is, how insane are you, relative to everyone else?~
OK, at least one more carefully observed instance:

I bought a new dragon, which put it automatically on the last page of my lair (page 5). I went to Arrange Dragons, to the last page (5), and then dragged and dropped the new dragon to the send-dragon-to-previous-page rectangle, intending to send it to page 4. Without moving any other dragons, I went to see if it had ended up in the correct position (still in Arrange Dragons mode). Instead of appearing in the first slot of page 4, as it usually would, it appeared in the last slot of page 3.
OK, at least one more carefully observed instance:

I bought a new dragon, which put it automatically on the last page of my lair (page 5). I went to Arrange Dragons, to the last page (5), and then dragged and dropped the new dragon to the send-dragon-to-previous-page rectangle, intending to send it to page 4. Without moving any other dragons, I went to see if it had ended up in the correct position (still in Arrange Dragons mode). Instead of appearing in the first slot of page 4, as it usually would, it appeared in the last slot of page 3.
Ou2dqdV.pngtInjy41.png
1 2 3