Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | [closed] commissioned poetry shop
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Yooo your poetry's so neat :o

@alienjack
Username: artisticRock
Dragon/Character: Ethan
Word Count: Up to you -- I'll pay for whatever you end up with!
Aesthetics, associations, etc.: His full bio's linked above but to summarize as much as I can: He's a medium who's had a pretty terrible life and though he's still a nice person who tries to help others whenever he can it's led to him having huge trust issues, thanks to how independent he's had to be, and being just really stressed most of the time
Naturally I associate him a lot with things relating to death, ghosts and graveyards and such, but also kinda with monsters (Less griffin/cyclops/etc kind, more "shadow hiding in your closet" kind), forests, abandoned places, autumn, fire, grief, and anger

Hopefully you can work with that? Thank you in advance!!
Yooo your poetry's so neat :o

@alienjack
Username: artisticRock
Dragon/Character: Ethan
Word Count: Up to you -- I'll pay for whatever you end up with!
Aesthetics, associations, etc.: His full bio's linked above but to summarize as much as I can: He's a medium who's had a pretty terrible life and though he's still a nice person who tries to help others whenever he can it's led to him having huge trust issues, thanks to how independent he's had to be, and being just really stressed most of the time
Naturally I associate him a lot with things relating to death, ghosts and graveyards and such, but also kinda with monsters (Less griffin/cyclops/etc kind, more "shadow hiding in your closet" kind), forests, abandoned places, autumn, fire, grief, and anger

Hopefully you can work with that? Thank you in advance!!
Sig currently a work in progress!

Toyhouse (On hiatus) | Wishlist | To Do/Goals

Please ignore the lack of forum posts I never introduced myself on here when I joined back in 2013 and now I feel weird posting and hh Anxiety
@artisticRock thanks :D i'll add ya to my list!!
@artisticRock thanks :D i'll add ya to my list!!
mark twain wrote:
but who prays for lucifer? who, in eighteen centuries,
has had the common humanity
to pray for the one sinner
that needed it most?
@artisticRock [indent]something strange about being friends with the creatures in your closet is that you learn: in a world so full of cruelty, one of the most radical acts is to be kind. it does not make you weak, but rather strong, swimming upstream and slipping through shadows. something strange about being friends with the creatures under your bed is that you learn: when your heart is on your sleeve, it’s more likely to get torn and tattered. it does not make you weak, but shielded, walking under illusion with cards clutched close to your chest. something strange about being friends with the ghosts of your past is that you learn: memories are only scary if you let them be. the world is only scary if you let it be. people only have power that you give them. hiding does not make you weak, but keeps you alive. something strange about being friends with things that live on the other side of reality is that you learn: nothing is ever truly what it seems, but that isn’t necessarily a bad thing. coals still burn long after the bonfire has run out of light. you are still burning, long after they think that they’ve taken your light. [/indent] [center][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/37263db579b435adb142ce4a5e0bb898/tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png[/img][/center] i hope you like it! this was really fun to write :D i like ethan and his fox spirit friend. what an interesting character!! [b]word count is 205 words, so your total is 20.5kT or 21g![/b]
@artisticRock
something strange about being friends
with the creatures in your closet
is that you learn:
in a world so full of cruelty,
one of the most radical acts is to be kind.
it does not make you weak, but rather strong,
swimming upstream and slipping through shadows.

with the creatures under your bed
is that you learn:
when your heart is on your sleeve,
it’s more likely to get torn and tattered.
it does not make you weak, but shielded,
walking under illusion with cards clutched close to your chest.

with the ghosts of your past
is that you learn:
memories are only scary if you let them be.
the world is only scary if you let it be.
people only have power that you give them.
hiding does not make you weak, but keeps you alive.

with things that live on the other side of reality
is that you learn:
nothing is ever truly what it seems,
but that isn’t necessarily a bad thing.
coals still burn long after the bonfire
has run out of light. you are still burning,
long after they think that they’ve taken your light.
tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png
i hope you like it! this was really fun to write :D i like ethan and his fox spirit friend. what an interesting character!!
word count is 205 words, so your total is 20.5kT or 21g!
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
@alienjack

Aaaa that's super cool, thank you so much!! I'm glad you had fun writing it, and thank you for the compliments as well! I'll send payment right away c:
@alienjack

Aaaa that's super cool, thank you so much!! I'm glad you had fun writing it, and thank you for the compliments as well! I'll send payment right away c:
Sig currently a work in progress!

Toyhouse (On hiatus) | Wishlist | To Do/Goals

Please ignore the lack of forum posts I never introduced myself on here when I joined back in 2013 and now I feel weird posting and hh Anxiety
what's up we're almost Halfway There! woot!
what's up we're almost Halfway There! woot!
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
@alienjack

Is there a hard cap to length we can commission? I'm not talking too terribly crazy, but I'd like something longish for this girl, and I absolutely adore your poetry.

Username: retrodetective
Dragon/Character: Fusae
Word Count: 600
Aesthetics, associations, etc.: She's the clan time traveller and responsible for the magical accident that led to civil war in the clan, and she holds a lot of regret for the strife she's caused the clan and the opportunities she missed, and she's trying to fix her mistakes. Anything dealing with time, space, stars, galaxies, regret etc is a bonus!
@alienjack

Is there a hard cap to length we can commission? I'm not talking too terribly crazy, but I'd like something longish for this girl, and I absolutely adore your poetry.

Username: retrodetective
Dragon/Character: Fusae
Word Count: 600
Aesthetics, associations, etc.: She's the clan time traveller and responsible for the magical accident that led to civil war in the clan, and she holds a lot of regret for the strife she's caused the clan and the opportunities she missed, and she's trying to fix her mistakes. Anything dealing with time, space, stars, galaxies, regret etc is a bonus!
Silver Pocketwatch Copper Pocketwatch
@retrodetective i'll do what i can! thanks so much!!
@retrodetective i'll do what i can! thanks so much!!
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
@retrodetective [indent][size=2]one. the stars in your eyes are growing to supernova size and suddenly you cannot be contained, unrestrainable, a hurricane of carbon and stardust and the fabric of spacetime, the other side of a black hole. this is not what you wanted when you became a mage, but there is something dazzling about the powerful. two. there’s a broken picture frame where home used to be-- or would have been-- or will be-- or will no longer be-- a cavern of rubber flakes from where you erased the words off the page, broken pencil lead and stones carved with mistakes. there are runestones dedicated to the way you destroyed them, an ink that refuses to fade. three. the hole in your chest is not healing, a wound straight through the ribs and into your heart, blocking and stuttering of your diaphragm and suddenly it becomes hard to breathe between hiccups and when did you start sobbing tidal waves, crashing against your own skin and drowning your own lungs? four. he still smiles at you all the same. maybe the years will just keep on multiplying now, a canyon of time stretched like a canvas between who you used to be, who he knows, the things that you have changed but haven’t changed at all. part of you will always wonder if he knows, somehow, the sketch beneath the paint. you’re half-hopeful, half-hoping he will not. five. if you go far enough back in time, can you stop your future self from committing catastrophe? if you go far enough forward in time, can you see your past self stitching back together the pieces of calamity? if you had only just stayed right where you were, if only you had just counted your blessings-- six. no one will ever know. even if you told, it would not change anything. they would never know, they would lack understanding. the burden you carry is yours alone. seven. when you said that you wished you could change the past, you only had the best intentions. but how dare you? how dare you even try what the gods themselves deny plausibility? how dare you read all the texts, gather every last note, plan and pursue and have passion and become a heretic? who gave you the right? who gave you the courage? if you could have just stayed a coward, lived with the regret but the bliss, would you have done it, now that you know the consequences? eight. yes. yes, i want to go back-- forward-- across-- erase-- nine. no. no, maybe not, after all. maybe this is a lesson that i need to learn. the burden is mine to bear alone. ten. there’s a clock ticking in your chest, the only timepiece that matters when the slipstream is so readily available. it keeps you from unravelling, thread by thread of the fabric of time, travelling star by star in alternate realities, a blind grab for the place where you could find your heart, where you could finally change everything. the ley lines glow under the earth and the fire under your skin burns and burns. the supernova is getting ready to burst. you are ready-- zero. you are surrounded by nothing but disaster, the aftermath of an exploding star, a black hole of the past as you watch history changing. now you have to deal with the consequences. the stars in your eyes do not shine. the edges of broken glass are sharp, taunting. the hole in your chest does not scar. his smiles are not for you, but who you once were. infinity. the war is raging. the tide is rising. and soon space will swallow you whole.[/size][/indent] [center][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/37263db579b435adb142ce4a5e0bb898/tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png[/img][/center] phew, this was a fun one! i loooove time travel so this was a great challenge! hope you don't mind the paragraph-style formatting, it just felt the most organic for this piece c: [b]Your word count total is 615 words, so that will be 61.5kT or 62g![/b]
@retrodetective
one.
the stars in your eyes are growing to supernova size and suddenly you cannot be contained, unrestrainable, a hurricane of carbon and stardust and the fabric of spacetime, the other side of a black hole. this is not what you wanted when you became a mage, but there is something dazzling about the powerful.

two.
there’s a broken picture frame where home used to be-- or would have been-- or will be-- or will no longer be-- a cavern of rubber flakes from where you erased the words off the page, broken pencil lead and stones carved with mistakes. there are runestones dedicated to the way you destroyed them, an ink that refuses to fade.

three.
the hole in your chest is not healing, a wound straight through the ribs and into your heart, blocking and stuttering of your diaphragm and suddenly it becomes hard to breathe between hiccups and when did you start sobbing tidal waves, crashing against your own skin and drowning your own lungs?

four.
he still smiles at you all the same. maybe the years will just keep on multiplying now, a canyon of time stretched like a canvas between who you used to be, who he knows, the things that you have changed but haven’t changed at all. part of you will always wonder if he knows, somehow, the sketch beneath the paint. you’re half-hopeful, half-hoping he will not.

five.
if you go far enough back in time, can you stop your future self from committing catastrophe? if you go far enough forward in time, can you see your past self stitching back together the pieces of calamity? if you had only just stayed right where you were, if only you had just counted your blessings--

six.
no one will ever know. even if you told, it would not change anything. they would never know, they would lack understanding. the burden you carry is yours alone.

seven.
when you said that you wished you could change the past, you only had the best intentions. but how dare you? how dare you even try what the gods themselves deny plausibility? how dare you read all the texts, gather every last note, plan and pursue and have passion and become a heretic? who gave you the right? who gave you the courage? if you could have just stayed a coward, lived with the regret but the bliss, would you have done it, now that you know the consequences?

eight.
yes. yes, i want to go back-- forward-- across-- erase--

nine.
no. no, maybe not, after all. maybe this is a lesson that i need to learn. the burden is mine to bear alone.

ten.
there’s a clock ticking in your chest, the only timepiece that matters when the slipstream is so readily available. it keeps you from unravelling, thread by thread of the fabric of time, travelling star by star in alternate realities, a blind grab for the place where you could find your heart, where you could finally change everything. the ley lines glow under the earth and the fire under your skin burns and burns. the supernova is getting ready to burst. you are ready--

zero.
you are surrounded by nothing but disaster, the aftermath of an exploding star, a black hole of the past as you watch history changing. now you have to deal with the consequences. the stars in your eyes do not shine. the edges of broken glass are sharp, taunting. the hole in your chest does not scar. his smiles are not for you, but who you once were.

infinity.
the war is raging. the tide is rising. and soon space will swallow you whole.
tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png

phew, this was a fun one! i loooove time travel so this was a great challenge! hope you don't mind the paragraph-style formatting, it just felt the most organic for this piece c:
Your word count total is 615 words, so that will be 61.5kT or 62g!
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
@alienjack I love it, it's amazing, it's very gorgeous, thank you! this is exactly what I wanted.

Sending payment!
@alienjack I love it, it's amazing, it's very gorgeous, thank you! this is exactly what I wanted.

Sending payment!
Silver Pocketwatch Copper Pocketwatch
@retrodetective i'm so glad to hear that! thanks so much :D
@retrodetective i'm so glad to hear that! thanks so much :D
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8