Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | Dragon Tropes [FREE - PINGLIST]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@Phoenixofwar. So, your precious boy was not at the top of my list of dragons to do, but as soon as I saw him I got inspired, so here. Have this. *shoves it into your hands and walks away* [center][quote=Moarah] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30200480] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/302005/30200480_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Trope:[/b] The conman magician. The conman plays people for a fool in order to get what they want - often being a smooth-talker, charming, savvy, suave, and all-around friendly, hiding their true purpose under a guise of likability. He uses social engineering, building relationships, a guise of naivety and sincerity, and kindness to attract people to him and earn their trust - taking from them what he wants and leaving before they even realize what happened. His words are oil-slick, tone as sweet as honey, and manners as sincere as a nun's - yet he is anything but. We all know what a magician is - think the Four Horsemen in the [i]Now You See Me[/i] movies (particularily Jack Wilder or Daniel Atlas), or Criss Angel. The magician is a man who is adept at magic tricks - though possesses no real magic. He creates fake magic through tricks and clever moves, cunning, entertaining an audience. Moarah's main magic tricks would involve card tricks and tricks of the light; tricks where the common, well-known[i] "Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it... because you're not really looking... You don't really want to know... You want to be fooled."[/i] magician line comes in. As a conman magician (also known as tricksters sometimes), Moarah would use his magic tricks to entrance the audience, often conning them into giving him their valuables, personal information that they otherwise would not tell him (such as secrets), and whatever else his little heart desires. [/quote][/center]
@Phoenixofwar. So, your precious boy was not at the top of my list of dragons to do, but as soon as I saw him I got inspired, so here. Have this. *shoves it into your hands and walks away*

Moarah wrote:

30200480_350.png

Trope: The conman magician. The conman plays people for a fool in order to get what they want - often being a smooth-talker, charming, savvy, suave, and all-around friendly, hiding their true purpose under a guise of likability. He uses social engineering, building relationships, a guise of naivety and sincerity, and kindness to attract people to him and earn their trust - taking from them what he wants and leaving before they even realize what happened. His words are oil-slick, tone as sweet as honey, and manners as sincere as a nun's - yet he is anything but.

We all know what a magician is - think the Four Horsemen in the Now You See Me movies (particularily Jack Wilder or Daniel Atlas), or Criss Angel. The magician is a man who is adept at magic tricks - though possesses no real magic. He creates fake magic through tricks and clever moves, cunning, entertaining an audience. Moarah's main magic tricks would involve card tricks and tricks of the light; tricks where the common, well-known "Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it... because you're not really looking... You don't really want to know... You want to be fooled." magician line comes in.

As a conman magician (also known as tricksters sometimes), Moarah would use his magic tricks to entrance the audience, often conning them into giving him their valuables, personal information that they otherwise would not tell him (such as secrets), and whatever else his little heart desires.
i've known you for forever and a day . . .
@Generation

Wow. Once again, absolutely amazing. I won't post any more for now, because it looks like you have a lot to do. :D

Now is the time to wonder why I can't write as well as this... ahahah...
@Generation

Wow. Once again, absolutely amazing. I won't post any more for now, because it looks like you have a lot to do. :D

Now is the time to wonder why I can't write as well as this... ahahah...
Oe4VMVi.png
  • My username is Phoenixofwar, not Pheonixofwar. Please copy and paste!
  • I'm a she/her
  • Planning to set up an art shop in the future...
@Phoenixofwar. Ah, I am glad that you like it again! <3 Feel free to post anymore dragons that you want me to trope-up whenever you want! Your dragons are honestly so much fun to do!

And psh, I'm not writing well, I'm just doing quick, rough draft character sketches here. You could do so much better than this silliness.
@Phoenixofwar. Ah, I am glad that you like it again! <3 Feel free to post anymore dragons that you want me to trope-up whenever you want! Your dragons are honestly so much fun to do!

And psh, I'm not writing well, I'm just doing quick, rough draft character sketches here. You could do so much better than this silliness.
@Sonora. Here is your lovely Hera! [center][quote=Hera] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30592759] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/305928/30592759_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Trope:[/b] I will admit, her name did have a little sway over what I chose for her in the end (though I tried to ignore it), but it was mostly those darn fish. Her gold colour and the armor and the wreath pretty well matched some kind of warrior, goddess, or princess, maybe Amazonian or Egyptian (or Greek, seeing her name), but those darn fish threw me off so badly. Those fish wouldn't fit into Amazonian or Egyptian, though they might fit into a Greek Goddess (I had one in mind). Hera here has been, by far, the hardest for me to find one single trope for. In the end, though, I ended up choosing... drumroll... The almighty mom. The gold scales and armor reminded me of protection and purity and strength, and the fish... remind me of a second-grader. So. The protective mom was born. The almighty mom, also known as the protective mom, the "don't mess with that mom or her child she will tear you apart" mom, the mom who isn't afraid to yell at her son's principle, and the supportive mom, is a trope where, as you probably guessed, the mom is not to be messed with. Otherwise kind and loving, a joy to have around and a total sweetheart willing to help anyone out, even seen as submissive sometimes, yet when her children are in danger she becomes sturdy - she can tell off anyone, iron-will, quick intelligence and sharp words making everyone in her path kneel down without her having to lift a finger in violence. It does not matter if she is outmatched or outclassed by her opponent in every possible way - she will stand up and protect her baby. She can reduce grown men to sniveling children and authoritative figures into cowering submission with a single sentence and a glare, and she's always right. Nobody dares to talk back to her - nobody except her own children, of course, who grew up with her and are used to her. Try to get between her and her children or hurt her children in any way, and she will tear straight into you. [/quote][/center]
@Sonora. Here is your lovely Hera!

Hera wrote:

30592759_350.png

Trope: I will admit, her name did have a little sway over what I chose for her in the end (though I tried to ignore it), but it was mostly those darn fish. Her gold colour and the armor and the wreath pretty well matched some kind of warrior, goddess, or princess, maybe Amazonian or Egyptian (or Greek, seeing her name), but those darn fish threw me off so badly. Those fish wouldn't fit into Amazonian or Egyptian, though they might fit into a Greek Goddess (I had one in mind). Hera here has been, by far, the hardest for me to find one single trope for. In the end, though, I ended up choosing... drumroll...

The almighty mom. The gold scales and armor reminded me of protection and purity and strength, and the fish... remind me of a second-grader. So. The protective mom was born. The almighty mom, also known as the protective mom, the "don't mess with that mom or her child she will tear you apart" mom, the mom who isn't afraid to yell at her son's principle, and the supportive mom, is a trope where, as you probably guessed, the mom is not to be messed with. Otherwise kind and loving, a joy to have around and a total sweetheart willing to help anyone out, even seen as submissive sometimes, yet when her children are in danger she becomes sturdy - she can tell off anyone, iron-will, quick intelligence and sharp words making everyone in her path kneel down without her having to lift a finger in violence. It does not matter if she is outmatched or outclassed by her opponent in every possible way - she will stand up and protect her baby. She can reduce grown men to sniveling children and authoritative figures into cowering submission with a single sentence and a glare, and she's always right. Nobody dares to talk back to her - nobody except her own children, of course, who grew up with her and are used to her. Try to get between her and her children or hurt her children in any way, and she will tear straight into you.
O Boi what do you think about my Mishka beb? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=225218&tab=dragon&did=30347026][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/303471/30347026_350.png[/img][/url]
O Boi what do you think about my Mishka beb?
30347026_350.png
7NebxtL.jpg
@Generation I don't know how but you got her 100% right. Could you do another one of my dergs of that's okay?
@Generation I don't know how but you got her 100% right. Could you do another one of my dergs of that's okay?
h1d7LhT.png
@Generation Aaa, I absolutely [i]love[/i] your dragon tropes, so would you mind terribly doing one for Meredith? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30255028] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/302551/30255028_350.png[/img] [/url] (She has stuff in her bio, and...she's [i]evil[/i]...)
@Generation Aaa, I absolutely love your dragon tropes, so would you mind terribly doing one for Meredith?

30255028_350.png

(She has stuff in her bio, and...she's evil...)
JBEajtP.gif
@Generation
Oh wow, it fits him really well!
He's basically an angry grandpa, haha, I love it. Thanks!
@Generation
Oh wow, it fits him really well!
He's basically an angry grandpa, haha, I love it. Thanks!
maro_kyrie_pixel_by_svartya-dazciux.gif

Kyrie - f81820c900127fb71cece9945a56d3a9-d5676h4.png - she/her
@Generation You could certainly make a lot of profit with this as your little shop hahah! Could you perhaps help me make a personality for this girl? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29972884] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/299729/29972884_350.png[/img] [/url]
@Generation

You could certainly make a lot of profit with this as your little shop hahah! Could you perhaps help me make a personality for this girl?

29972884_350.png
280v6ec.jpg
@Sonora. Of course! :D
@Sonora. Of course! :D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8