Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | Brilliantsky's Writing Shoppe
1 2 3 4 5 6
[center][size=6][font=Book Antiqua][b][u]Welcome to my writing shop![/u][/b][/font][/size][/center] Since I love writing so much, I figured I could put my talents to good use. I write dragon bios, Clan descriptions, short stage scenes, lair/dragon reviews, and pretty much whatever else you want me to. [b]NOTE: Currently closed until December 13th in order for me to focus on writing college application essays.[/b] I have examples of my writing in the second post here, and a list of affiliated shops in post 3. Please ping me when you respond! [u][b]Current Customers:[/b][/u] [LIST=1] [*]Irarina: two 500-word bios [*] [/LIST] [u][b]Waiting List:[/b][/u] [LIST=1] [*] [/LIST] [size=4][b]RULES:[/b][/size] [LIST] [*]I will PM you all final writing. [*]I will not write anything sexually explicit, or anything that includes heavy amounts of gore. If you have a question about whether or not I will write something with questionable content, please PM me to discuss. [*]My current gem conversion rate is 1:520. I will accept gems as well as treasure for payment. I also accept item trades, or adult exalt fodder if Arcane is currently pushing. [*]I would prefer to write about FR material, or OCs. There is a very low chance I'll write fandom related work, even if it is a fandom I know well. [/LIST] [size=4][center][b]Bios:[/b][/center][/size] A short piece of writing that will go in your dragon's description. It can detail your dragon's personality, history, or anything else you want! [b]Price:[/b] [LIST] [*]10kt for a short bio (less than ~250 words) [*]15kt for a medium bio (~250-500 words) [*]20kt for a long bio (500-700 words) [*]Extra long bios: 10kt per 200 words [/LIST] Form for ordering a bio: [quote] [b]Name[/b]: [b]Link[/b]: [b]History[/b]: Where was your dragon born? What was their childhood like? Were there any important events that happened to them? [b]Personality[/b]: [b]Clan[/b]: What is your clan like? What is your dragon's position in the clan? [b]Tone[/b]: How do you want your dragon's bio to sound? Magical? Funny? Scholarly? Will the dragon themselves be narrating the bio? [b]Length[/b]: How long would you like the bio to be, and how much money do you have to spend? [/quote] NOTE: You do not have to answer all of these questions! Conversely, if there is something you would like to add that is not covered in the form, please tell me! There is a lot of room for creative flexibility in these bios, and I want to be able to write about your dragon as accurately as possible! [center][size=4][b]Clan Description:[/b][/size][/center] A description of your clan, that goes on your userpage. It can include anything from clan customs, to its history, to a mission statement. [b]Price:[/b] [LIST] [*]15kt for a short clan description (under 300 words) [*]20kt for a long clan description (300-600 words) [*] 10kt for every 200 words above 600 words [/LIST] Form for ordering a Clan Description: [quote] [b]Clan Name:[/b] It's OK if you don't have one! [b]History:[/b] How was your clan founded? Were there any important events that happened in its past? [b]Atmosphere[/b]: This is a very general question, but I just want to get a feel of what your clan is like! Is it a scholarly clan? An active, warlike clan? A mysterious one? Are there certain rituals one must undergo in order to become a member? Does your clan have a mission, or a goal? Are they a relaxed group, or one that is constantly on the watch for potential threats? [b]Other[/b]: Anything else you'd like me to know about your clan? [b]Length[/b]: How long would you like it to be? [b]Tone[/b]: How do you want the writing to sound? Funny? Informative? Wordy? Spare? Will it be written by a member of your clan? [/quote] Once again, this is not a comprehensive list! If one of those categories does not apply, or you have an idea that is not covered in one of those questions, please tell me! There is so much room for creativity in a clan description, and I want to capture your clan as individually as possible! [size=4][center][b]In Character Lair Reviews:[/b][/center][/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6612216] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/66123/6612216_350.png[/img] [/url] "Heeey there! I go by the name of Zephyr (a pretty spiffy name, if I do say so myself), and I do all the diplomatic dealins' for the Brilliant Sky clan! I abso-tute-ly looove going to check out out other lairs--y'know, take a look at their dragons, all the snappy outfits they've got goin' on, the whole vibe I'm gettin', aaaand whatnot, et cetera. I'll even check out [i]your[/i] lair, if ya like? Whaddaya say about that? For just five thousand shiny bitsa treasure per dragon, I'll hop on over to your lair, and see for myself all your zippy dragons! Along with me, I've got my trusty scribe, Aventurine, who loves readin' about names and histories, and things, and my own little Nephele, who likes lookin' at all the shiny outfits and accents your dragons are sporting. So, whaddaya say? Will you let me take a gander at your dragons?" *Note: I currently do NOT have any examples of my lair reviews. [size=4][center][b]Theatrical Scenes:[/b][/center][/size] [b]Currently Taking Commissions[/b] In addition to writing prose, I also love writing for the stage. For 50kt per page, I will write a scene starring your characters! Since these are much longer, and take more time to write than bios/descriptions, I will not always be taking commissions for these. If you would like a short stage scene, ping me here or PM me, and we will work the details out via PM. Also, due to the nature of stage formatting, any examples of my work or final products will have to be shared likely via google docs or a similar file sharing program. Examples of my stage writing will be given out upon request. [size=4][center][b]Other Stuff:[/b][/center][/size] Pretty much, if it can be written, I'll write it. I can create OCs, or write short stories, poems, long clan histories, whatever you want, for a bit of bribery. I won't do them all the time, but if you offer the right stuff, then [i]maybe[/i]... *note: I currently do not have examples of my short story writing. Things you can bribe me with: --Genes (particularly Ripple, shimmer, or underbelly--see my profile for a full list of genes I need.) --Accents --dragon art? --cool bio coding. --gem market apparel --really, pretty much any apparel --Sky Blue Silks --Exalt fodder, if Arcane is currently pushing
Welcome to my writing shop!

Since I love writing so much, I figured I could put my talents to good use. I write dragon bios, Clan descriptions, short stage scenes, lair/dragon reviews, and pretty much whatever else you want me to.

NOTE: Currently closed until December 13th in order for me to focus on writing college application essays.

I have examples of my writing in the second post here, and a list of affiliated shops in post 3.

Please ping me when you respond!

Current Customers:
  1. Irarina: two 500-word bios

Waiting List:

RULES:
  • I will PM you all final writing.
  • I will not write anything sexually explicit, or anything that includes heavy amounts of gore. If you have a question about whether or not I will write something with questionable content, please PM me to discuss.
  • My current gem conversion rate is 1:520. I will accept gems as well as treasure for payment. I also accept item trades, or adult exalt fodder if Arcane is currently pushing.
  • I would prefer to write about FR material, or OCs. There is a very low chance I'll write fandom related work, even if it is a fandom I know well.

Bios:

A short piece of writing that will go in your dragon's description. It can detail your dragon's personality, history, or anything else you want!

Price:
  • 10kt for a short bio (less than ~250 words)
  • 15kt for a medium bio (~250-500 words)
  • 20kt for a long bio (500-700 words)
  • Extra long bios: 10kt per 200 words

Form for ordering a bio:
Quote:
Name:
Link:
History: Where was your dragon born? What was their childhood like? Were there any important events that happened to them?
Personality:
Clan: What is your clan like? What is your dragon's position in the clan?
Tone: How do you want your dragon's bio to sound? Magical? Funny? Scholarly? Will the dragon themselves be narrating the bio?
Length: How long would you like the bio to be, and how much money do you have to spend?

NOTE: You do not have to answer all of these questions! Conversely, if there is something you would like to add that is not covered in the form, please tell me! There is a lot of room for creative flexibility in these bios, and I want to be able to write about your dragon as accurately as possible!

Clan Description:

A description of your clan, that goes on your userpage. It can include anything from clan customs, to its history, to a mission statement.

Price:
  • 15kt for a short clan description (under 300 words)
  • 20kt for a long clan description (300-600 words)
  • 10kt for every 200 words above 600 words

Form for ordering a Clan Description:
Quote:
Clan Name: It's OK if you don't have one!
History: How was your clan founded? Were there any important events that happened in its past?
Atmosphere: This is a very general question, but I just want to get a feel of what your clan is like! Is it a scholarly clan? An active, warlike clan? A mysterious one? Are there certain rituals one must undergo in order to become a member? Does your clan have a mission, or a goal? Are they a relaxed group, or one that is constantly on the watch for potential threats?
Other: Anything else you'd like me to know about your clan?
Length: How long would you like it to be?
Tone: How do you want the writing to sound? Funny? Informative? Wordy? Spare? Will it be written by a member of your clan?

Once again, this is not a comprehensive list! If one of those categories does not apply, or you have an idea that is not covered in one of those questions, please tell me! There is so much room for creativity in a clan description, and I want to capture your clan as individually as possible!

In Character Lair Reviews:

6612216_350.png

"Heeey there! I go by the name of Zephyr (a pretty spiffy name, if I do say so myself), and I do all the diplomatic dealins' for the Brilliant Sky clan! I abso-tute-ly looove going to check out out other lairs--y'know, take a look at their dragons, all the snappy outfits they've got goin' on, the whole vibe I'm gettin', aaaand whatnot, et cetera. I'll even check out your lair, if ya like? Whaddaya say about that?

For just five thousand shiny bitsa treasure per dragon, I'll hop on over to your lair, and see for myself all your zippy dragons! Along with me, I've got my trusty scribe, Aventurine, who loves readin' about names and histories, and things, and my own little Nephele, who likes lookin' at all the shiny outfits and accents your dragons are sporting.

So, whaddaya say? Will you let me take a gander at your dragons?"

*Note: I currently do NOT have any examples of my lair reviews.

Theatrical Scenes:

Currently Taking Commissions

In addition to writing prose, I also love writing for the stage. For 50kt per page, I will write a scene starring your characters!

Since these are much longer, and take more time to write than bios/descriptions, I will not always be taking commissions for these.

If you would like a short stage scene, ping me here or PM me, and we will work the details out via PM. Also, due to the nature of stage formatting, any examples of my work or final products will have to be shared likely via google docs or a similar file sharing program. Examples of my stage writing will be given out upon request.

Other Stuff:

Pretty much, if it can be written, I'll write it.

I can create OCs, or write short stories, poems, long clan histories, whatever you want, for a bit of bribery. I won't do them all the time, but if you offer the right stuff, then maybe...

*note: I currently do not have examples of my short story writing.

Things you can bribe me with:

--Genes (particularly Ripple, shimmer, or underbelly--see my profile for a full list of genes I need.)
--Accents
--dragon art?
--cool bio coding.
--gem market apparel
--really, pretty much any apparel
--Sky Blue Silks
--Exalt fodder, if Arcane is currently pushing
X2PAJU7.gif
L87MMtR.png
fL0umpy.png
[center][b]Examples of my writing:[/b][/center] [b]Bios:[/b] [quote=Short Bio] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7003659] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/70037/7003659_350.png[/img] [/url] The world is always turning for sweet Indigo, who sees life in terms of magic and wonder, a world constantly producing miracles. Since birth, the magic of the Starfall Isles has soaked itself fastly through her feathers and into her soul, giving her a tempered skill with simple spells, and a humbling appreciation for the complexity of the universe. She first found herself drawn to the clan as a scholar and a mage, but the peppery charm of fellow Coatl Iris snagged her heart, and she found herself staying as much for the romantic love as she did for the spellbooks or runestones. And in between the soft pink hours spent losing herself in the books, she steals away moments with her twittering love, tickling him silly and showing him with trinkets uncovered from the reaching corners of the lair. The books comfort her mind, and her love comforts her heart, and here where magic makes a thousand realities possible, Indigo is content with the lot the stars have given her. Others name her a dreamer. A scatterbrain, a recluse, an unrealistic optimist, a hopeless romantic. Indigo names herself after the color of the night sky illuminated by the constant wonder of a million stars, after the color of the warm morning sun on her lover’s wings, after the hue of the whispering water where they gather seafood together between kisses. Indigo names herself a student of magic, a discoverer of the world, and the love of a wonderful guy. [/quote] [quote=Medium Bio] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2873119] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/28732/2873119_350.png[/img] [/url] [quote]ca·thar·sis kəˈTHärsÉ™s/ noun 1. the process of releasing, and thereby providing relief from, strong or repressed emotions.[/quote] Catharsis’s name does not describe her at all. There is nothing soothing in the way her teeth are constantly bared, or in the way her sharp eyes are always searching for potential threats to her clan. There is nothing cathartic about her constant eagerness for revenge, the bloodlust that is always contained neatly below her biting remarks, or her uncanny skill with dark magic. No, just one meeting with this upright and violently confident clan leader would tell you that “cathartic” is quite a terrible word to describe her dark and powerful personality. But, still, it is her name, and she answers to it. Perhaps, “cathartic” might describe more aptly her brother Mezno, who is her co-leader of the clan, and occasional partner-in-crime. His calm demeanor and her stern one create a balance of energies that keeps the lair constantly running. He deals with light magic, she with dark. She resorts to offensive measures to protect her clan, while he resorts to defensive ones. Together, they bicker like an old married couple, and lead the clan with strength and passion. That balance is also what drove her to bring her niece Nalani into the clan. Like Mezno, Nalani’s carefree attitude balances out Catharsis’s darker side. Catharsis would never admit it, but she finds comfort in listening to Nalani's tinkling laugh, and watching her play tag with brightly colored brids. The young girl is one of the few dragons who can relax Catharsis; a difficult task to accomplish. And perhaps, this is where she finds her name. It is found in the way she balances out others; in how she cannot lead her clan without the cathartic love of Mezno and Nalani. She is their release, and they are her release, and it is only because of them all that life in the clan turns on. Maybe this stern leader was aptly named, after all.[/quote] [quote=Long Bio] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1091013] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/10911/1091013_350.png[/img] [/url] Elvira likes to think that if she were a plant, she’d be a Cortinarius iodes, commonly known throughout Sornieth as a Dwarf Truffle. These small purple mushrooms grow in mycorrhizal relationships with deciduous trees, their remarkable purple color distinguishing them from other fungal organisms that grow in similar biomes. This mushroom grows to a diameter of roughly six cm at the peak of its life cycle, although it can be as small as 2 cm, earning it the common name of “Dwarf Truffle.” In order to protect itself from predators, it secretes a mucosal membrane that dragons cannot properly digest; however since it bears astonishing similarities to another species of mushroom that is widely declared edible, it is often eaten by dragons who then get very sick. Yes, it’s this odd little fungus that Elvira would consider her favorite plant. It’s not that the coloration of the mushroom is similar to the coloration of her feathers—no, no, who would think that? Rather, Elvira prefers to see the intertwining root systems of the fungus and the trees as reflections of her own life; the nutrients the mushroom gathers from the tree as her finding nourishment in the natural world around her. The variety of plants and mushrooms endemic to the Tangled Wood are simply astonishing, and the complex root systems that plants have developed to survive in the low-light conditions are endlessly fascinating to Elvira. She uses her extensive knowledge of botany to assist her clan with gathering plants and herbs. At a glance, she can identify if a plant is poisonous or not, if it has any medicinal properties, or if it might give a particularly valuable orange pigment. Are the herbs of the plant delicious and edible, but the stem poisonous? Elvira can certainly tell you. She’ll then proceed to give you the scientific classification of the plant, the exact environment it grows in, its average size, the classification of its root system, and everything else that you’d never want to know about it. She goes through, and meticulously catalogues her floral findings on a daily basis—you’d be hard pressed to find a more organized dragon than she. Elvira may seem quiet, but that’s probably because she’s thinking. Behind her glasses lie a pair of curious and observant eyes that are always taking in their surroundings; noting every detail of the landscape and the scenery. You might not be able to talk with her about anything but plants, but that’s the way she prefers it, truthfully. Outside of her job she is quiet, and diligent. She blends into the background. Her dark purple feathers blur into the mushrooms she surrounds herself with, and her kind demeanor softens her body so she seems smaller than she really is. And, perhaps she has a reason to hide: her mother, her mate, and nearly all of her children have left the clan to serve the Shadowbinder. But, if you look past her extreme introversion, Elvira quite frankly has a heart of gold. Her floral advice has proven invaluable to the clan, directing them to helpful medicines in times of need, and steering them away from poisonous herbs. Since her hatchling days, the world of plants and fungi has fascinated her, and all even now that she is grown up and has children of her own, she still finds herself learning new things daily about the local flora. And truly what better place to study botany than in her native homeland of the Tangled Wood, home to over 40,000 species of mushroom?[/quote] [b]Clan Descriptions:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=52197]Short Clan Description (Clan Angry Bunny) [/url] [quote=short description][b]You would do well to fear the wrath of the bunny. [/b] No, seriously. They’re ferocious little beasts! They’ve got those strong hopping legs, and eating all those carrots gives them really good eyesight… According to clan co-founder Theda, this is the reason why the Angry Bunny clan has given themselves that name. While certain clan members are hoppier about it than others, really, this isn’t a group of dragons that takes itself particularly seriously. It all started with a Tengu named Corvikk, exiled from his fellow Talonok due to suspected use of black magic, and a dragon named Theda, who found him alone in a Drgonhome cave one lonely night. When she entered the cave, he knew immediately how dragons treated Tengu—he jumped, attacked her, and kinda sorta accidentally knocked her out. However, he couldn’t just leave her there for the night, so he stayed, and tended to her wounds, while a thunderstorm gurgled violently outside. When Theda awoke in the morning, Corvikk offered her a deal: he would stay and help heal the wounds he had given her, if she would start a clan with him, a more powerful and welcoming clan than the Talonok he had been violently exiled from. Theda agreed, on the condition that they call their clan the Angry Bunny clan. Eh, could be worse. In their cozy little den on the southern edge of Dragonhome, clan Angry Bunny spends their days laughing, singing, creating art, and making terrible puns. Really, they’re just that punderful sort of clan, that you can’t help feeling hoppy around! You can hear the upbeat music and laughter in their lair for miles around. And yeah, sometimes they’ll send some dragons to go help the Earthshaker, but really, who needs dominance when you have bunnies and food? Oh, yeah, that’s something else about the Angry Bunny clan—they run a food bank right underneath the Pillar of the World. You should go check it out, if you live in Dragonhome. Word on the street is that their dishes are the best you’ll find this side of Sornieth. So, this is clan Angry Bunny: a silly little group of dragons (and a Tengu) who have found each other to sing, laugh, and create music with. Seriously, though. Don’t be fooled. Bunnies can be violent creatures.[/quote] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=83489]Long Clan Description (DraconicDemon's clan)[/url] [quote=long description] “It is due to her providence that this world keeps on turning. For, everything must end, else the world would sink under the weight of all it had created, earth pressing down on earth filled with bodies till the planet collapsed and dragonkind was no more. It is the Plaguebringer, blessed be her name, that causes all to end, to die, to rot in sickness. To everything that has a beginning, so must they have a finale. That is why, until my days run out, I, MehrunesDragon, will remain devoted to the Plaguebringer. That is why I made this clan. To honor her, to uphold her good name, to serve in anyway possible she that brings about the constant end. That shall be the goal of my life, and my clan.” “I’m Alistair, but that was MehrunesDragon. He used to lead the clan. Emphasis on used to. Thank Lady Plague he doesn’t anymore, because he is a one-hundred-percent certifiable religious fanatic. Looney, I tell you! Well, maybe not an absolute looney, but enough so that he obviously should not be leading a clan. Now, he just spends his days laying about murmuring prayers to the Plaguebringer—okay, so he doesn’t lie around, literally. And he doesn’t only pray to the Plaguebringer. Sometimes he makes altars for her, or scrawls out her importance in the virulent muck. You get the point. When Sithis became the ruler, it was practically a godsend. At least he knows how to do things besides grovel at the feet of a diety.” “Alistair can exaggerate sometimes, but what he said was largely true. I, Sithis, took over the rule of the clan when it was clear that MehrunesDragon was no longer an apt leader. As great as her sickly majesty is, there is more to a clan than worship. One must think about things like finances. How do we obtain our food? What are our policies towards visitors?” “They’re cruel, to be quite honest. We allow no strangers in our clan, even those that mean us no harm. As much as I love to wander, it pains my heart to see us bar our hearts to those outside of our ways. Alas, that is life. It turns on, thanks to the Plaguebringer. So, I, Stardust, make peace. With other clans, generally, for within our on clan there is only worship. Anyone else is left behind—thrust out into the Wandering Contagion with food to last a week and a good-luck prayer that won’t do you much good in this world. We exist only to worship the Plaguebringer, so those who have not the same views as us really don’t belong in a clan such as ours.” “Ah, Stardust. Beautiful and kindly, but as the leader of the clan, I can’t say that I always agree with the whims of her gentle heart. She tells me that other clans think us a cult. But we are merely another group of dragons who wants to survive, who wants to serve their deity in good faith. We may not share your opinions, but we will respect them so long as you respect us. You keep your words harmless, and we shall remain on good terms. You share our secrets, however, and our skilled Teinaava and Ocheeva will hunt you down. Look, it’s a tough world out there: you can’t be kind and stay alive. Our clan will do what it must to keep our secrets that way, and to remain alive no matter what the cost. So, many call me unkind. But, I live. And so does the clan I rule over. Hopefully, that shall leave Lady Plague satisfied.” [/quote] [b]**Stage Scenes available upon request[/b]
Examples of my writing:

Bios:
Short Bio wrote:

7003659_350.png

The world is always turning for sweet Indigo, who sees life in terms of magic and wonder, a world constantly producing miracles. Since birth, the magic of the Starfall Isles has soaked itself fastly through her feathers and into her soul, giving her a tempered skill with simple spells, and a humbling appreciation for the complexity of the universe.

She first found herself drawn to the clan as a scholar and a mage, but the peppery charm of fellow Coatl Iris snagged her heart, and she found herself staying as much for the romantic love as she did for the spellbooks or runestones. And in between the soft pink hours spent losing herself in the books, she steals away moments with her twittering love, tickling him silly and showing him with trinkets uncovered from the reaching corners of the lair. The books comfort her mind, and her love comforts her heart, and here where magic makes a thousand realities possible, Indigo is content with the lot the stars have given her.

Others name her a dreamer. A scatterbrain, a recluse, an unrealistic optimist, a hopeless romantic. Indigo names herself after the color of the night sky illuminated by the constant wonder of a million stars, after the color of the warm morning sun on her lover’s wings, after the hue of the whispering water where they gather seafood together between kisses. Indigo names herself a student of magic, a discoverer of the world, and the love of a wonderful guy.

Medium Bio wrote:

2873119_350.png

Quote:
ca·thar·sis
kəˈTHärsÉ™s/
noun
the process of releasing, and thereby providing relief from, strong or repressed emotions.

Catharsis’s name does not describe her at all. There is nothing soothing in the way her teeth are constantly bared, or in the way her sharp eyes are always searching for potential threats to her clan. There is nothing cathartic about her constant eagerness for revenge, the bloodlust that is always contained neatly below her biting remarks, or her uncanny skill with dark magic. No, just one meeting with this upright and violently confident clan leader would tell you that “cathartic” is quite a terrible word to describe her dark and powerful personality. But, still, it is her name, and she answers to it.

Perhaps, “cathartic” might describe more aptly her brother Mezno, who is her co-leader of the clan, and occasional partner-in-crime. His calm demeanor and her stern one create a balance of energies that keeps the lair constantly running. He deals with light magic, she with dark. She resorts to offensive measures to protect her clan, while he resorts to defensive ones. Together, they bicker like an old married couple, and lead the clan with strength and passion.

That balance is also what drove her to bring her niece Nalani into the clan. Like Mezno, Nalani’s carefree attitude balances out Catharsis’s darker side. Catharsis would never admit it, but she finds comfort in listening to Nalani's tinkling laugh, and watching her play tag with brightly colored brids. The young girl is one of the few dragons who can relax Catharsis; a difficult task to accomplish.

And perhaps, this is where she finds her name. It is found in the way she balances out others; in how she cannot lead her clan without the cathartic love of Mezno and Nalani. She is their release, and they are her release, and it is only because of them all that life in the clan turns on. Maybe this stern leader was aptly named, after all.

Long Bio wrote:

1091013_350.png

Elvira likes to think that if she were a plant, she’d be a Cortinarius iodes, commonly known throughout Sornieth as a Dwarf Truffle. These small purple mushrooms grow in mycorrhizal relationships with deciduous trees, their remarkable purple color distinguishing them from other fungal organisms that grow in similar biomes. This mushroom grows to a diameter of roughly six cm at the peak of its life cycle, although it can be as small as 2 cm, earning it the common name of “Dwarf Truffle.” In order to protect itself from predators, it secretes a mucosal membrane that dragons cannot properly digest; however since it bears astonishing similarities to another species of mushroom that is widely declared edible, it is often eaten by dragons who then get very sick.

Yes, it’s this odd little fungus that Elvira would consider her favorite plant. It’s not that the coloration of the mushroom is similar to the coloration of her feathers—no, no, who would think that? Rather, Elvira prefers to see the intertwining root systems of the fungus and the trees as reflections of her own life; the nutrients the mushroom gathers from the tree as her finding nourishment in the natural world around her. The variety of plants and mushrooms endemic to the Tangled Wood are simply astonishing, and the complex root systems that plants have developed to survive in the low-light conditions are endlessly fascinating to Elvira. She uses her extensive knowledge of botany to assist her clan with gathering plants and herbs. At a glance, she can identify if a plant is poisonous or not, if it has any medicinal properties, or if it might give a particularly valuable orange pigment. Are the herbs of the plant delicious and edible, but the stem poisonous? Elvira can certainly tell you. She’ll then proceed to give you the scientific classification of the plant, the exact environment it grows in, its average size, the classification of its root system, and everything else that you’d never want to know about it. She goes through, and meticulously catalogues her floral findings on a daily basis—you’d be hard pressed to find a more organized dragon than she.

Elvira may seem quiet, but that’s probably because she’s thinking. Behind her glasses lie a pair of curious and observant eyes that are always taking in their surroundings; noting every detail of the landscape and the scenery. You might not be able to talk with her about anything but plants, but that’s the way she prefers it, truthfully. Outside of her job she is quiet, and diligent. She blends into the background. Her dark purple feathers blur into the mushrooms she surrounds herself with, and her kind demeanor softens her body so she seems smaller than she really is.

And, perhaps she has a reason to hide: her mother, her mate, and nearly all of her children have left the clan to serve the Shadowbinder. But, if you look past her extreme introversion, Elvira quite frankly has a heart of gold. Her floral advice has proven invaluable to the clan, directing them to helpful medicines in times of need, and steering them away from poisonous herbs. Since her hatchling days, the world of plants and fungi has fascinated her, and all even now that she is grown up and has children of her own, she still finds herself learning new things daily about the local flora. And truly what better place to study botany than in her native homeland of the Tangled Wood, home to over 40,000 species of mushroom?

Clan Descriptions:
Short Clan Description (Clan Angry Bunny)

short description wrote:
You would do well to fear the wrath of the bunny.

No, seriously. They’re ferocious little beasts! They’ve got those strong hopping legs, and eating all those carrots gives them really good eyesight…

According to clan co-founder Theda, this is the reason why the Angry Bunny clan has given themselves that name. While certain clan members are hoppier about it than others, really, this isn’t a group of dragons that takes itself particularly seriously.

It all started with a Tengu named Corvikk, exiled from his fellow Talonok due to suspected use of black magic, and a dragon named Theda, who found him alone in a Drgonhome cave one lonely night. When she entered the cave, he knew immediately how dragons treated Tengu—he jumped, attacked her, and kinda sorta accidentally knocked her out. However, he couldn’t just leave her there for the night, so he stayed, and tended to her wounds, while a thunderstorm gurgled violently outside. When Theda awoke in the morning, Corvikk offered her a deal: he would stay and help heal the wounds he had given her, if she would start a clan with him, a more powerful and welcoming clan than the Talonok he had been violently exiled from. Theda agreed, on the condition that they call their clan the Angry Bunny clan. Eh, could be worse.

In their cozy little den on the southern edge of Dragonhome, clan Angry Bunny spends their days laughing, singing, creating art, and making terrible puns. Really, they’re just that punderful sort of clan, that you can’t help feeling hoppy around! You can hear the upbeat music and laughter in their lair for miles around. And yeah, sometimes they’ll send some dragons to go help the Earthshaker, but really, who needs dominance when you have bunnies and food? Oh, yeah, that’s something else about the Angry Bunny clan—they run a food bank right underneath the Pillar of the World. You should go check it out, if you live in Dragonhome. Word on the street is that their dishes are the best you’ll find this side of Sornieth.

So, this is clan Angry Bunny: a silly little group of dragons (and a Tengu) who have found each other to sing, laugh, and create music with. Seriously, though. Don’t be fooled. Bunnies can be violent creatures.

Long Clan Description (DraconicDemon's clan)
long description wrote:

“It is due to her providence that this world keeps on turning. For, everything must end, else the world would sink under the weight of all it had created, earth pressing down on earth filled with bodies till the planet collapsed and dragonkind was no more. It is the Plaguebringer, blessed be her name, that causes all to end, to die, to rot in sickness. To everything that has a beginning, so must they have a finale. That is why, until my days run out, I, MehrunesDragon, will remain devoted to the Plaguebringer. That is why I made this clan. To honor her, to uphold her good name, to serve in anyway possible she that brings about the constant end. That shall be the goal of my life, and my clan.”

“I’m Alistair, but that was MehrunesDragon. He used to lead the clan. Emphasis on used to. Thank Lady Plague he doesn’t anymore, because he is a one-hundred-percent certifiable religious fanatic. Looney, I tell you! Well, maybe not an absolute looney, but enough so that he obviously should not be leading a clan. Now, he just spends his days laying about murmuring prayers to the Plaguebringer—okay, so he doesn’t lie around, literally. And he doesn’t only pray to the Plaguebringer. Sometimes he makes altars for her, or scrawls out her importance in the virulent muck. You get the point. When Sithis became the ruler, it was practically a godsend. At least he knows how to do things besides grovel at the feet of a diety.”

“Alistair can exaggerate sometimes, but what he said was largely true. I, Sithis, took over the rule of the clan when it was clear that MehrunesDragon was no longer an apt leader. As great as her sickly majesty is, there is more to a clan than worship. One must think about things like finances. How do we obtain our food? What are our policies towards visitors?”

“They’re cruel, to be quite honest. We allow no strangers in our clan, even those that mean us no harm. As much as I love to wander, it pains my heart to see us bar our hearts to those outside of our ways. Alas, that is life. It turns on, thanks to the Plaguebringer. So, I, Stardust, make peace. With other clans, generally, for within our on clan there is only worship. Anyone else is left behind—thrust out into the Wandering Contagion with food to last a week and a good-luck prayer that won’t do you much good in this world. We exist only to worship the Plaguebringer, so those who have not the same views as us really don’t belong in a clan such as ours.”

“Ah, Stardust. Beautiful and kindly, but as the leader of the clan, I can’t say that I always agree with the whims of her gentle heart. She tells me that other clans think us a cult. But we are merely another group of dragons who wants to survive, who wants to serve their deity in good faith. We may not share your opinions, but we will respect them so long as you respect us. You keep your words harmless, and we shall remain on good terms. You share our secrets, however, and our skilled Teinaava and Ocheeva will hunt you down. Look, it’s a tough world out there: you can’t be kind and stay alive. Our clan will do what it must to keep our secrets that way, and to remain alive no matter what the cost. So, many call me unkind. But, I live. And so does the clan I rule over. Hopefully, that shall leave Lady Plague satisfied.”

**Stage Scenes available upon request
X2PAJU7.gif
L87MMtR.png
fL0umpy.png
[center][u][b]Affiliates:[/b][/u][/center] [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/1438972][img]http://i.imgur.com/qiVEKT0.png[/img][/url] Recalcitrant's Coding shop--nice coding for your clan descriptions, dragon bios, and threads![/center]
Affiliates:

qiVEKT0.png

Recalcitrant's Coding shop--nice coding for your clan descriptions, dragon bios, and threads!
X2PAJU7.gif
L87MMtR.png
fL0umpy.png
reserved, just in case?
reserved, just in case?
X2PAJU7.gif
L87MMtR.png
fL0umpy.png
Aaaaand we're open!
Aaaaand we're open!
X2PAJU7.gif
L87MMtR.png
fL0umpy.png
bump!
bump!
X2PAJU7.gif
L87MMtR.png
fL0umpy.png
@brilliantsky hello yes i shall work on my order in a bit. I love your writing! :D

Just a bit of a note: the Clan is called House Galla, and is styled sort of like a mix of mafia structure and medieval kingdom. Crafter is the founder and is foster father to Voltaire and Catcher, though is called Father by everyone. Andante is Lord Commander and handles the troops and training (basically everyone's gone through him at least once). Dreamer is the Grand Maester and loves everyone. All three have made major changes in all the denizen's lives, and show up at least once everytime.

The Clan/House has a pretty relaxed environment- no threats, no disturbances, no anything. Well, anything major that is, there a few squabbles and the like, but most of the time there is none. I haven't much of it yet, but for now it is peaceful.

Name:Emile
Link: given above
History: Was an unwanted child that Andante picked up and brought to the House. Dreamer had him play with Voltaire and Catcher, and liked how the three boys clicked, urging Crafter to take him as their companion. Emile grew up cared for by the bards Kei and Song, and is practically a brother to Voltaire and Catcher.
Personality: Care-free and happy all the time, always found with an easy smile on his relaxed face. He grew up with Catcher, so Emile's taken a liking to light teasing and joking around; moves like he's got a plan, and holds himself in a calm, confident manner
Clan: Stated above! Emile is Voltaire's Right Hand, groomed and trained to fight and serve him
Tone: Relaxed, I guess? Uh, not-- quite sure.
Length: Medium bio

Name: Morgan
History: Morgan is a distant relative of Andante, who recruits her after being sent for "disciplining". She resented the whole thing and made it difficult for everyone, but calmed down once Dreamer had managed to get to her (see: the movie Wild Child). She became a valuable asset to Galla, becoming the Commander of the Sun Warriors come Voltaire's reign, which is connected to her and him being a thing
Personality: Quick-tempered, stubborn, unafraid to say what she wants to say. Strong sense of self, not easily foolled; snarky, but also has her good days
Clan: stated above! Commander General of the Sun Warriors, Catcher's other partner in crime when making fun of Voltaire
Tone: Angry/annoyed, a bit snobbish and prideful. Then i guess something more placated
(The Clan/House's offense is branched into two: namely, The King's Army (commanded by Polarlicht), and the Sun Warriors. Both Generals are on par with each other by rank, both dislike each other very much.

Uh this would be easily understood if I could show you the Hierarchy x'D ask me if you need anything to be clarified!
@brilliantsky hello yes i shall work on my order in a bit. I love your writing! :D

Just a bit of a note: the Clan is called House Galla, and is styled sort of like a mix of mafia structure and medieval kingdom. Crafter is the founder and is foster father to Voltaire and Catcher, though is called Father by everyone. Andante is Lord Commander and handles the troops and training (basically everyone's gone through him at least once). Dreamer is the Grand Maester and loves everyone. All three have made major changes in all the denizen's lives, and show up at least once everytime.

The Clan/House has a pretty relaxed environment- no threats, no disturbances, no anything. Well, anything major that is, there a few squabbles and the like, but most of the time there is none. I haven't much of it yet, but for now it is peaceful.

Name:Emile
History: Was an unwanted child that Andante picked up and brought to the House. Dreamer had him play with Voltaire and Catcher, and liked how the three boys clicked, urging Crafter to take him as their companion. Emile grew up cared for by the bards Kei and Song, and is practically a brother to Voltaire and Catcher.
Personality: Care-free and happy all the time, always found with an easy smile on his relaxed face. He grew up with Catcher, so Emile's taken a liking to light teasing and joking around; moves like he's got a plan, and holds himself in a calm, confident manner
Clan: Stated above! Emile is Voltaire's Right Hand, groomed and trained to fight and serve him
Tone: Relaxed, I guess? Uh, not-- quite sure.

Name: Morgan
History: Morgan is a distant relative of Andante, who recruits her after being sent for "disciplining". She resented the whole thing and made it difficult for everyone, but calmed down once Dreamer had managed to get to her (see: the movie Wild Child). She became a valuable asset to Galla, becoming the Commander of the Sun Warriors come Voltaire's reign, which is connected to her and him being a thing
Personality: Quick-tempered, stubborn, unafraid to say what she wants to say. Strong sense of self, not easily foolled; snarky, but also has her good days
Clan: stated above! Commander General of the Sun Warriors, Catcher's other partner in crime when making fun of Voltaire
Tone: Angry/annoyed, a bit snobbish and prideful. Then i guess something more placated
(The Clan/House's offense is branched into two: namely, The King's Army (commanded by Polarlicht), and the Sun Warriors. Both Generals are on par with each other by rank, both dislike each other very much.

Uh this would be easily understood if I could show you the Hierarchy x'D ask me if you need anything to be clarified!
FR +15 || Call me Kit or Tea!
Makibaka // Dare to Fight
@tealeafves Ooh, my first customer! Awesome! I'll get started as soon as I get home later today!
@tealeafves Ooh, my first customer! Awesome! I'll get started as soon as I get home later today!
X2PAJU7.gif
L87MMtR.png
fL0umpy.png
@brilliantaky awesome! I'll be heading out in awhile, might be coming home a little after the rollover ^v^ super excited~
@brilliantaky awesome! I'll be heading out in awhile, might be coming home a little after the rollover ^v^ super excited~
FR +15 || Call me Kit or Tea!
Makibaka // Dare to Fight
@Tealeafves Bios are in your inbox!
@Tealeafves Bios are in your inbox!
X2PAJU7.gif
L87MMtR.png
fL0umpy.png
1 2 3 4 5 6