Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | Detailed Lore & Bios—Open for Imm. Tab
1 2 3 4 5 6
[size=2][color=232735]I am not fancy at art—can't draw a lick in fact—but I do like to write and I really like to write biographies for dragons. I'm not exactly sure how sought after this kind of service is, but I figured I'd offer it anyways since I don't mind doing it. I'll do as many as you like. [/size] [b]Pricing[/b] [indent][size=2] Standard orders are close for Brightshine; if you'd like to order, please check the Special Payments Options section. [s][color=232735]Individual Bios — 7000t or 13 gems Paired Bios—13000t or 24 gems Rewrites & Updates—5000t or 9 gems for individuals, 9500t or 18 gems for pairs Bulk Rate/Lair Rehaul — varies, ask for quote Short Stories—1500t or 3 gems per 100 words, please include max length for pricing[/s] Gem ratio is currently 1;540. [b]Special Payment Options[/b] Currently, I'm looking to trade my writing for art. I may consider gijinkas, if I like your style, but I'm mostly looking for [b]colored busts[/b] and [b]pixel/sprite art[/b] to use on my Nuzlocke. If you may fit the bill, please feel free to post here or message me. I will gladly take apparel payments (as I am woefully low on dragon decor). We can work out specifics based on your order. In my profile, you'll find a wish list of things, and if you offer one of those things as payment I will write your dragon profiles until my fingers bleed. For the rest of the weekend, I will also take [item=immaculate tablet] [size=2]as payment: Individual Bios — 10 immaculate tablets Paired Bios—18 immaculate tablets Bulk Rate/Lair Rehaul — varies, from 25-50 tablets, ask for estimate Short Stories—5 tablets per hundred words, subject to topic acceptance. [b]What You Get[/b] [indent][size=2][color=232735]The standard for my bios is three to four fully-fleshed paragraphs, often including interactions with other dragons in that clan, and the entire bio will be a minimum of 300 words.. If you buy them in bulk (three or more dragons), I'll more than likely give you a discount. Having a few characters to work with just gives me a bit more wiggling room for developing personalities and interactions. Please allow up to 5 days for completion, as I work full time and don't always have the downtime I'd like to play pixel dragons. By ordering, you agree to leave my credit intact and not claim my work as your own. [/indent] [b]What You Don't Get[/b] [indent][size=2][color=232735]Fancy formatting. I am truly sorry. I don't really like coding anymore, so while I'm capable of this, I'd rather just direct you to some people I know are pretty good at it. Or, if you're in a pinch, [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1334185/]this thread[/url] is a great resource for public-use templates![/indent] [b]Examples[/b] [indent][size=2][color=232735] By all accounts, [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1445602]my new Nuzlocke challenge[/URL] is going to be the most recent and probably best account of my writing on this site, at least until I get my profiles all updated. All but one of my biographies disappeared when there was that bug in FR's younger days, but I do still have one on [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=28601&tab=dragon&did=499763]Argo[/url] and [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=28601&tab=dragon&did=1193869]Rjinxil[/url] Behold:[/indent] [quote=Rjinxil][size=2]In a clan like the one found in the catacombs, it's exceptionally easy to overlook a demure creature like Rjinxil, insofar as any of the keepers there are demure. Perhaps it is just in comparison to their thaumaturge and his wild-eyed assistant that makes seems so, but more than that it is his validity. Where Argo surrounds himself with darkness, boiling pots and venomous, ill-tempered creatures, Rjinxil contrarily fears no sunlight and needs no props to accomplish his calling. When the spirits speak, he listens, and it is as simple as that—and when he speaks, at thing he does rarely among the cruel and raucous members of his new clan, people listen for truth. Unassuming as he is, it is no small wonder that Rjinxil is often called to action by spirits of dragons who have died in the Wandering Contagion before they could bring their eggs to hatching. He speaks and treads softly, reads of trust and honesty, and since his arrival the number of homeless whelps to be indoctrinated in the way of the Broodmother has increased exponentially, as have the clan's ruthless raids on clans still grieving for their lost ones. Because he remains so quiet, nobody is quite sure exactly why he stays with Hemlock and her clan, nor do they get answers when they ask. The general consensus these days is that if he truly disagreed with their methods or choices, he would simply wander away in the same exact fashion he wandered to them: without announcement or ceremony.[/size][/quote] [quote=Argo][size=2]Once a true follower of the Arcanist, nobody is quite sure what has caused Argo to stray so far from his patron god and into the addled, often incoherent existence he now lives. The easiest conclusion to explain his precarious state is that he has strayed too far away from traditional magics and has long been feeling the effects of this choice; following a similar logic, others suggest he has fallen victim to his own alchemical formulas gone wrong. The latter seems most likely, given his extreme photosensitivity and tendency to soak himself in any number of balms and tinctures to ease the pain of the inflamed scales covering his body. An unreliable storyteller at best, Argo is often confused and forgetful about things that do not directly interest him. This makes him a perfect candidate to unload your troubles upon, if a dragon can suffer him bustling about in the near darkness of his laboratory while they're speaking. The easiest way to get a message to him, should you actually want to commune with him, is to speak his assistant, Alcyone, although that method also has it's own flaws.[/quote] [quote=wodah's Kamui][size=2]Though Kamui will insist that he is persistently sleepy from a variety of activities nobody sees, the general consensus through the clan is that he is simply lazy and irresponsible. While this might seem an apt perception—after all, he rarely if ever stays through an entire clan meeting, and that is presupposing he remembers to show up at all—it is largely inaccurate. Kamui still does not find it an important enough detail to correct people on, either, so the rumors and misinterpretations continue. The fact is, Kamui is neither lazy nor irresponsible. He is simply working on a different wavelength than most of his peers, and his priorities have settled into different niches. Certainly Kamui sleeps well into the afternoon, but other dragons rarely take into account that he is up, puttering about the forest and stream beds looking for companions, feral beasts and tiny stream insects until long after the sun goes down. Yes, he misses meetings, but they dole out little praise upon him when his wanderings reveal an abandoned nest with a single egg remaining, likely the third and smallest that parents could not carry in their hasty departure. They might whisper about his odd appearance, the inconsistencies of his love of nature while wearing that wolf cape so many find tasteless, but they never ask about how he laid there with that wolf, as she died from injuries he did not see inflicted, and how he keeps her pelt to honor her, not degrade her memory. All of which leads to what should be a foregone conclusion: Kamui [i]cares[/i], he does, and intensely. He just doesn't care about what everyone else thinks is important. And if anyone bothered to ask, to [i]see[/i], they might learn a thing or two that he is not willing to offer unprompted. [/quote] [b]Ordering[/b] [indent][size=2][color=232735] Ordering from me is simple enough. Please just fill the form below out, and feel free to include as much or as little detail as you'd like. Make sure to ping [b]gunslinger[/b] so I see it. You can send payment up front (required for large orders), or wait until I notify you that I'm finished. [b]If[/b] what I've written isn't something you wanted, please tell me immediately and I will do a rewrite free of charge within the first 48 hours. After that, you'll be charged the rewrite/update fee.[/indent] [quote=Form][b]Username:[/b] [b]ID:[/b] [b]Dragon Information[/b] [b]Name:[/b] [b]Link:[/b] [b]Type:[/b] [i]Biography, Pair Biography, Clan Lore (include how many individual biographies will be requested), Short Story[/i] [b]Information:[/b] [i]This includes history, personality, family, relationships, region of origin, current region, and anything else you might like to see. If you have clan lore you'd like incorporated, that goes here as well, but if that is the case please also include a link to your lore, so I can read it and understand it.[/i] [/quote] [b]Current Slots:[/b] [indent][size=2][b]bios 5/5[/b] 1. Spartalicious (single—PAID—COMPLETE 6/10) 2. wodahs (single) (COMPLETE 6/13) 3. brightsteel (double) 4. merellia (double) 5. MissAlavesa [b]short story [/b] [i]currently closed[/i] [b]currently pending[/b] 1. cewientje (9000t) 2. aretimes (5000t) [b]ping list[/b] @aleise @astriferious @hive [/indent]
I am not fancy at art—can't draw a lick in fact—but I do like to write and I really like to write biographies for dragons. I'm not exactly sure how sought after this kind of service is, but I figured I'd offer it anyways since I don't mind doing it. I'll do as many as you like.

Pricing

Standard orders are close for Brightshine; if you'd like to order, please check the Special Payments Options section.

Individual Bios — 7000t or 13 gems
Paired Bios—13000t or 24 gems
Rewrites & Updates—5000t or 9 gems for individuals, 9500t or 18 gems for pairs
Bulk Rate/Lair Rehaul — varies, ask for quote
Short Stories—1500t or 3 gems per 100 words, please include max length for pricing

Gem ratio is currently 1;540.

Special Payment Options
Currently, I'm looking to trade my writing for art. I may consider gijinkas, if I like your style, but I'm mostly looking for colored busts and pixel/sprite art to use on my Nuzlocke. If you may fit the bill, please feel free to post here or message me.

I will gladly take apparel payments (as I am woefully low on dragon decor). We can work out specifics based on your order. In my profile, you'll find a wish list of things, and if you offer one of those things as payment I will write your dragon profiles until my fingers bleed.

For the rest of the weekend, I will also take Immaculate Tablet as payment:

Individual Bios — 10 immaculate tablets
Paired Bios—18 immaculate tablets
Bulk Rate/Lair Rehaul — varies, from 25-50 tablets, ask for estimate
Short Stories—5 tablets per hundred words, subject to topic acceptance.

What You Get

The standard for my bios is three to four fully-fleshed paragraphs, often including interactions with other dragons in that clan, and the entire bio will be a minimum of 300 words.. If you buy them in bulk (three or more dragons), I'll more than likely give you a discount. Having a few characters to work with just gives me a bit more wiggling room for developing personalities and interactions. Please allow up to 5 days for completion, as I work full time and don't always have the downtime I'd like to play pixel dragons. By ordering, you agree to leave my credit intact and not claim my work as your own.

What You Don't Get
Fancy formatting. I am truly sorry. I don't really like coding anymore, so while I'm capable of this, I'd rather just direct you to some people I know are pretty good at it. Or, if you're in a pinch, this thread is a great resource for public-use templates!

Examples
By all accounts, my new Nuzlocke challenge is going to be the most recent and probably best account of my writing on this site, at least until I get my profiles all updated. All but one of my biographies disappeared when there was that bug in FR's younger days, but I do still have one on Argo and Rjinxil Behold:
Rjinxil wrote:
In a clan like the one found in the catacombs, it's exceptionally easy to overlook a demure creature like Rjinxil, insofar as any of the keepers there are demure. Perhaps it is just in comparison to their thaumaturge and his wild-eyed assistant that makes seems so, but more than that it is his validity. Where Argo surrounds himself with darkness, boiling pots and venomous, ill-tempered creatures, Rjinxil contrarily fears no sunlight and needs no props to accomplish his calling. When the spirits speak, he listens, and it is as simple as that—and when he speaks, at thing he does rarely among the cruel and raucous members of his new clan, people listen for truth.

Unassuming as he is, it is no small wonder that Rjinxil is often called to action by spirits of dragons who have died in the Wandering Contagion before they could bring their eggs to hatching. He speaks and treads softly, reads of trust and honesty, and since his arrival the number of homeless whelps to be indoctrinated in the way of the Broodmother has increased exponentially, as have the clan's ruthless raids on clans still grieving for their lost ones. Because he remains so quiet, nobody is quite sure exactly why he stays with Hemlock and her clan, nor do they get answers when they ask. The general consensus these days is that if he truly disagreed with their methods or choices, he would simply wander away in the same exact fashion he wandered to them: without announcement or ceremony.
Argo wrote:
Once a true follower of the Arcanist, nobody is quite sure what has caused Argo to stray so far from his patron god and into the addled, often incoherent existence he now lives. The easiest conclusion to explain his precarious state is that he has strayed too far away from traditional magics and has long been feeling the effects of this choice; following a similar logic, others suggest he has fallen victim to his own alchemical formulas gone wrong. The latter seems most likely, given his extreme photosensitivity and tendency to soak himself in any number of balms and tinctures to ease the pain of the inflamed scales covering his body.

An unreliable storyteller at best, Argo is often confused and forgetful about things that do not directly interest him. This makes him a perfect candidate to unload your troubles upon, if a dragon can suffer him bustling about in the near darkness of his laboratory while they're speaking. The easiest way to get a message to him, should you actually want to commune with him, is to speak his assistant, Alcyone, although that method also has it's own flaws.
wodah's Kamui wrote:
Though Kamui will insist that he is persistently sleepy from a variety of activities nobody sees, the general consensus through the clan is that he is simply lazy and irresponsible. While this might seem an apt perception—after all, he rarely if ever stays through an entire clan meeting, and that is presupposing he remembers to show up at all—it is largely inaccurate. Kamui still does not find it an important enough detail to correct people on, either, so the rumors and misinterpretations continue.

The fact is, Kamui is neither lazy nor irresponsible. He is simply working on a different wavelength than most of his peers, and his priorities have settled into different niches. Certainly Kamui sleeps well into the afternoon, but other dragons rarely take into account that he is up, puttering about the forest and stream beds looking for companions, feral beasts and tiny stream insects until long after the sun goes down. Yes, he misses meetings, but they dole out little praise upon him when his wanderings reveal an abandoned nest with a single egg remaining, likely the third and smallest that parents could not carry in their hasty departure. They might whisper about his odd appearance, the inconsistencies of his love of nature while wearing that wolf cape so many find tasteless, but they never ask about how he laid there with that wolf, as she died from injuries he did not see inflicted, and how he keeps her pelt to honor her, not degrade her memory.

All of which leads to what should be a foregone conclusion: Kamui cares, he does, and intensely. He just doesn't care about what everyone else thinks is important. And if anyone bothered to ask, to see, they might learn a thing or two that he is not willing to offer unprompted.

Ordering
Ordering from me is simple enough. Please just fill the form below out, and feel free to include as much or as little detail as you'd like. Make sure to ping gunslinger so I see it. You can send payment up front (required for large orders), or wait until I notify you that I'm finished. If what I've written isn't something you wanted, please tell me immediately and I will do a rewrite free of charge within the first 48 hours. After that, you'll be charged the rewrite/update fee.
Form wrote:
Username:
ID:

Dragon Information
Name:
Link:
Type: Biography, Pair Biography, Clan Lore (include how many individual biographies will be requested), Short Story
Information: This includes history, personality, family, relationships, region of origin, current region, and anything else you might like to see. If you have clan lore you'd like incorporated, that goes here as well, but if that is the case please also include a link to your lore, so I can read it and understand it.

Current Slots:
bios 5/5
1. Spartalicious (single—PAID—COMPLETE 6/10)
2. wodahs (single) (COMPLETE 6/13)
3. brightsteel (double)
4. merellia (double)
5. MissAlavesa

short story
currently closed

currently pending
1. cewientje (9000t)
2. aretimes (5000t)

ping list
@aleise @astriferious @hive

boop
boop
Bump for you! I love to write as well, and I've been meaning to get some bios for my dragons. Maybe someday. Good luck!!
Bump for you! I love to write as well, and I've been meaning to get some bios for my dragons. Maybe someday. Good luck!!
HrPSrDR.png
hey thanks! i'll more than likely be here, if you're ever interested in buying them. UuU
hey thanks! i'll more than likely be here, if you're ever interested in buying them. UuU
@gunslinger

What exactly does 'dragon information' entail?
@gunslinger

What exactly does 'dragon information' entail?
Rahne
@gaslight [quote]The standard for my bios is two fully-fleshed paragraphs, often including interactions with other dragons in that clan. The standard for my bios is two fully-fleshed paragraphs, often including interactions with other dragons in that clan, and the entire bio will be a minimum of 300 words, and a max of 700.[/quote] I'm not sure what else to say? I will work with orders as they come, but mostly that explains it. The only time I ever saw this service offered, it was pretty much a list, so I thought I'd just specify.
@gaslight
Quote:
The standard for my bios is two fully-fleshed paragraphs, often including interactions with other dragons in that clan. The standard for my bios is two fully-fleshed paragraphs, often including interactions with other dragons in that clan, and the entire bio will be a minimum of 300 words, and a max of 700.

I'm not sure what else to say? I will work with orders as they come, but mostly that explains it. The only time I ever saw this service offered, it was pretty much a list, so I thought I'd just specify.
@gunslinger Would you be interested in writing witty item descriptions for an upcoming virtual pet site? Skype: SagieMyster

Thanks for your consideration. :)
@gunslinger Would you be interested in writing witty item descriptions for an upcoming virtual pet site? Skype: SagieMyster

Thanks for your consideration. :)
I just opened my first Hatchery! Check it out. c:
3BjjfeD.gif
@gunslinger

I'm very interested in purchasing 2 breeding pair bios and another individual one, but I'm currently in the middle of some very annoying holiday planning and I won't be on much today; I'll come back and edit this post sometime later on with all the information for you, and then I'll send payment. ^^ Is that okay?
@gunslinger

I'm very interested in purchasing 2 breeding pair bios and another individual one, but I'm currently in the middle of some very annoying holiday planning and I won't be on much today; I'll come back and edit this post sometime later on with all the information for you, and then I'll send payment. ^^ Is that okay?
Rahne
@gaslight
That'd be fine! I've just randomly been diagnosed with carpal tunnel, so I will be slower until I get treated (I'm having a friend type this) but I will get them done. OuO
@gaslight
That'd be fine! I've just randomly been diagnosed with carpal tunnel, so I will be slower until I get treated (I'm having a friend type this) but I will get them done. OuO
@gunslinger [center][url=http://www.textspace.net][img]http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/8320/3ol.gif[/img][/url][/center] And I will possibly come back, since I've gotten no response from people to help me write dragons bios @_@
@gunslinger
3ol.gif
And I will possibly come back, since I've gotten no response from people to help me write dragons bios @_@
1 2 3 4 5 6