Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Redrock Cove
1 2 ... 74 75 76 77 78 ... 81 82
-holds the maren spearmaiden and maren defender-
i love them... so much....
-holds the maren spearmaiden and maren defender-
i love them... so much....
RzClvss.png
he/him/his
I'm in love <3
I'm in love <3
Oh man, I was distinctly unexcited at first, just because the existing Marens from the kelp beds are probably my least favorite beasts on the site. But now that I've played the new venue I completely love it. I do feel like the coli is a little heavy on water venues/beasts at the moment, but it's nice to have an entire venue filled with familiars I don't already have, too. ;D And the art for all of them is so beautiful. I love the boss orcas, the beautiful chunky mermaids, and the day gecko fish guys in particular. Very pleased to find I'm getting a good drop rate of festival currency, too... it seems like there are enough neutral beasts, I'm actually getting better rates in the new venue than I am in a bunch of the recommended venues for RoR, so it's nice to be able to grind and rack up festival currency while also getting cute new familiars. :D Wish they weren't so good at dodging me, though...

@Sigilmancy I haven't gotten into designing skins yet, and Plague isn't really my personal aesthetic, so I hadn't realized about the skin rules... that does pretty much suck. :( I mean I can understand keeping things family-friendly and all, but it sort of seems like if there's a need to avoid gory stuff maybe they shouldn't have created a Plague flight in the first place. :D For some reason when I think of Plague skins the first things that come to mind are like... those frogs that give birth from their backs (euuuugh) or the ones whose self-defense mechanism is jabbing their own ribs out through the sides of their bodies like spikes. I mean if you can't depict harm to a living creature does it count if they're doing it to themselves as a survival strategy? :D
Oh man, I was distinctly unexcited at first, just because the existing Marens from the kelp beds are probably my least favorite beasts on the site. But now that I've played the new venue I completely love it. I do feel like the coli is a little heavy on water venues/beasts at the moment, but it's nice to have an entire venue filled with familiars I don't already have, too. ;D And the art for all of them is so beautiful. I love the boss orcas, the beautiful chunky mermaids, and the day gecko fish guys in particular. Very pleased to find I'm getting a good drop rate of festival currency, too... it seems like there are enough neutral beasts, I'm actually getting better rates in the new venue than I am in a bunch of the recommended venues for RoR, so it's nice to be able to grind and rack up festival currency while also getting cute new familiars. :D Wish they weren't so good at dodging me, though...

@Sigilmancy I haven't gotten into designing skins yet, and Plague isn't really my personal aesthetic, so I hadn't realized about the skin rules... that does pretty much suck. :( I mean I can understand keeping things family-friendly and all, but it sort of seems like if there's a need to avoid gory stuff maybe they shouldn't have created a Plague flight in the first place. :D For some reason when I think of Plague skins the first things that come to mind are like... those frogs that give birth from their backs (euuuugh) or the ones whose self-defense mechanism is jabbing their own ribs out through the sides of their bodies like spikes. I mean if you can't depict harm to a living creature does it count if they're doing it to themselves as a survival strategy? :D
guardian_fae.png
This is awesome!
This is awesome!
Those little whales are orcas, omg <33
Those little whales are orcas, omg <33
hFr3nXf.pngwh3Tiip.pngqhK4FYS.png
J8QoPxT.pngPn33kaF.png3adgzZD.pngMsqRUgo.png
so pretty aaaaaa
so pretty aaaaaa
//Screams// Oh this is wonderful!
//Screams// Oh this is wonderful!
tumblr_n9yaxujgHy1tfzajgo1_500.png
I was so happy when I saw this update yesterday. The venue not being a plague venue was a surprise, and I get why plaguelings would be disappointed. It would have been cool to have a new venue to farm shrooms in, especially since the Mire already is the go-to venue for levelling, so I'm always happy when a Festival gives me an excuse to explore other areas of the Coli.

But anyway I am so glad they didn't wait to release this venue bc I was running out of un-awakened familiars. :D (Plus the venue looks pretty and I love the Puffer fish, although it is odd that the water isn't animated. Still pretty though).
I was so happy when I saw this update yesterday. The venue not being a plague venue was a surprise, and I get why plaguelings would be disappointed. It would have been cool to have a new venue to farm shrooms in, especially since the Mire already is the go-to venue for levelling, so I'm always happy when a Festival gives me an excuse to explore other areas of the Coli.

But anyway I am so glad they didn't wait to release this venue bc I was running out of un-awakened familiars. :D (Plus the venue looks pretty and I love the Puffer fish, although it is odd that the water isn't animated. Still pretty though).
LkR1s2d.png
Wait... another water venue? Do we really need three? Kelp Beds, Waterway, and now Redrock Cove. I know it's on a beach, but did you have to make three four of the enemies Water-elemented?

I do love the familiars though! I love the crabs and the pufferfish :3 the Gulls are killer though...
Wait... another water venue? Do we really need three? Kelp Beds, Waterway, and now Redrock Cove. I know it's on a beach, but did you have to make three four of the enemies Water-elemented?

I do love the familiars though! I love the crabs and the pufferfish :3 the Gulls are killer though...
1uCNaW7.pngTTTUSP9.pngueG66KW.pngxjP79Zx.pngO0Pbuvo.png
OMG I love the Orca familiars.
OMG I love the Orca familiars.
chaos_the_blue_flare_by_dragongirl408-d4erdqf.jpg
1 2 ... 74 75 76 77 78 ... 81 82