Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Armor, Drops, Skins, & More
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 28 29
Oh a pleasant surprise that Wildclaws will be cycled out!! ^^ Brings a bit more dynamics into the gem market and the rare breeds market! ^^

Love the new tail armor! Sadly I still need to gather about every other piece of armor before I can complete the set, but hey! I love a little challenge!!

And ofcourse, loving the new loot with all my heart!! The art is amazing, and I love how they correspond with they coliseum enemy, and ofcourse the diversity in loot they bring with them c:

All in all, amazing update! ^^
Oh a pleasant surprise that Wildclaws will be cycled out!! ^^ Brings a bit more dynamics into the gem market and the rare breeds market! ^^

Love the new tail armor! Sadly I still need to gather about every other piece of armor before I can complete the set, but hey! I love a little challenge!!

And ofcourse, loving the new loot with all my heart!! The art is amazing, and I love how they correspond with they coliseum enemy, and ofcourse the diversity in loot they bring with them c:

All in all, amazing update! ^^
I also enjoy that more emphasis is being placed on working to breed your dream/target dragon, rather than simply breed-changing one. One of the major draws to this site was that it openly (I say openly, because the staff have actually said this) seeks to draw away emphasis on generation, which is something that has literally destroyed/irreparably tilted other pet sims.
I also enjoy that more emphasis is being placed on working to breed your dream/target dragon, rather than simply breed-changing one. One of the major draws to this site was that it openly (I say openly, because the staff have actually said this) seeks to draw away emphasis on generation, which is something that has literally destroyed/irreparably tilted other pet sims.
[quote name="Takora" date="2014-03-03 23:11:13"]I think people have the misconception that suddenly WC will be more valuable once the scrolls leave the marketplace. [b]They will not get more valuable. WC prices will stay the same. People will still breed their WCs and there will be still an overabundance of them. The only thing it does is to force people to buy WC scrolls that like to breed change their dragons. It does NOT help the economy in any way shape or form. The only thing it does it makes WC scrolls more "valuable" that people will ask ridiculous prices for them in the long run. [/b] The issue is entirely different with the apparel. They are just cosmetic and don't interfere with breeding plans. Also the the corsairs sea spray garb is still out of circulation, and that now for what.. like 4 months? 5? Will the cycles for breeds be even longer? That seriously messes with breeding plans of many people that have set certain goals and takes a lot out of enjoyment out of the game.[/quote] Pretty much :/
Takora wrote on 2014-03-03 23:11:13:
I think people have the misconception that suddenly WC will be more valuable once the scrolls leave the marketplace.

They will not get more valuable. WC prices will stay the same. People will still breed their WCs and there will be still an overabundance of them. The only thing it does is to force people to buy WC scrolls that like to breed change their dragons. It does NOT help the economy in any way shape or form. The only thing it does it makes WC scrolls more "valuable" that people will ask ridiculous prices for them in the long run.

The issue is entirely different with the apparel. They are just cosmetic and don't interfere with breeding plans.

Also the the corsairs sea spray garb is still out of circulation, and that now for what.. like 4 months? 5? Will the cycles for breeds be even longer? That seriously messes with breeding plans of many people that have set certain goals and takes a lot out of enjoyment out of the game.

Pretty much :/
N4h8OZz.gif
I like the WC removal :)
I like the WC removal :)
Accent Shop
Cycling out Wildclaws will not make the game anymore enjoyable, it will not increase the price of Wildclaw hatchlings. It will only inflate the price of the scrolls after May as all the rich and desperate players buy them while they can. This is such a ridiculous idea, to punish those who have long term goals but are 'too poor' to achieve it straight away, most people cannot just drop $20 on a pixel at any given time.

All those who say it will help, how enjoyable do you think it will for those that can't buy gems after it is cycled out and a year later and they still can't get a scroll. If you say buy a replacement you obviously don't understand projects.
Cycling out Wildclaws will not make the game anymore enjoyable, it will not increase the price of Wildclaw hatchlings. It will only inflate the price of the scrolls after May as all the rich and desperate players buy them while they can. This is such a ridiculous idea, to punish those who have long term goals but are 'too poor' to achieve it straight away, most people cannot just drop $20 on a pixel at any given time.

All those who say it will help, how enjoyable do you think it will for those that can't buy gems after it is cycled out and a year later and they still can't get a scroll. If you say buy a replacement you obviously don't understand projects.
Dragon wanted: Marigold/Vermilion/Abyss Female unbred
Honestly WC scrolls cycling out will just be another way for rich players to get richer :/ People who can afford it are going to hoard all the scrolls they can and the day after they're gone the AH will be filled with people trying to sell their scrolls for 1mil+.

Was the primary means of earning treasure in this game supposed to be scalping? Because it's beginning to look that way to me...
Honestly WC scrolls cycling out will just be another way for rich players to get richer :/ People who can afford it are going to hoard all the scrolls they can and the day after they're gone the AH will be filled with people trying to sell their scrolls for 1mil+.

Was the primary means of earning treasure in this game supposed to be scalping? Because it's beginning to look that way to me...
mothsmall.png7jZclF3.gifdaintysmallup-2.png
I'm in the cycling out of WC scrolls isn't going to help and I don't like it camp. :/
Honestly I think I'm ready to take a total break from FR, it bores me these days, there's no enjoyment in playing or breeding anymore. Updates like this not helping much.
Maybe I'll come back when there's more to do and somehow breeding is more fulfilling than immediately exhalting everything because no one will buy anything you breed.
I'm in the cycling out of WC scrolls isn't going to help and I don't like it camp. :/
Honestly I think I'm ready to take a total break from FR, it bores me these days, there's no enjoyment in playing or breeding anymore. Updates like this not helping much.
Maybe I'll come back when there's more to do and somehow breeding is more fulfilling than immediately exhalting everything because no one will buy anything you breed.
This really puts a damper on the first gen collecting community. Most of us don't even breed 'till our perfect pairing is breed changed and gene scrolled. Wow. I'm actually mad for once with an update.
This really puts a damper on the first gen collecting community. Most of us don't even breed 'till our perfect pairing is breed changed and gene scrolled. Wow. I'm actually mad for once with an update.
Looking for a Midnight/Shadow/Shadow first gen with Shadow eyes! Male or Female, both work fine. Nonbred though. PM me for details if you're willing to sell!

QQnBZuq.gif
[quote name="Undel" date="2014-03-03 22:18:45"]***Cycling is different than retirement in that the items have the possibility of eventually cycling back in or appearing again for purchase on a special day.[/quote] This sentence is not very reassuring. Having the 'possibility' of 'eventually' cycling back in is a lot of uncertainty for something that is said to not be retired. The wording sounds like insurance just in case the items are ordained to never return. Perhaps the intended message is that these items [i]will[/i] come back in time, but by what method isn't set in stone? Retirement of gem scrolls appears like a transparent method of not only increasing gem sales, but making way for more gem breed dragons in the future. It's not going to boost WC prices up by much, after all.
Undel wrote on 2014-03-03 22:18:45:
***Cycling is different than retirement in that the items have the possibility of eventually cycling back in or appearing again for purchase on a special day.

This sentence is not very reassuring. Having the 'possibility' of 'eventually' cycling back in is a lot of uncertainty for something that is said to not be retired. The wording sounds like insurance just in case the items are ordained to never return. Perhaps the intended message is that these items will come back in time, but by what method isn't set in stone?

Retirement of gem scrolls appears like a transparent method of not only increasing gem sales, but making way for more gem breed dragons in the future. It's not going to boost WC prices up by much, after all.
ccDyspX.png
[quote name="Chaotic" date="2014-03-03 23:17:25"]I also enjoy that more emphasis is being placed on working to breed your dream/target dragon, rather than simply breed-changing one. One of the major draws to this site was that it openly (I say openly, because the staff have actually said this) seeks to draw away emphasis on generation, which is something that has literally destroyed/irreparably tilted other pet sims.[/quote]
Chaotic wrote on 2014-03-03 23:17:25:
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 28 29