Back

Adoptables

Create, adopt, or show off your adoptables.
TOPIC | ~BonsaiPixels~ [On Break]
1 2 ... 132 133 134 135 136 ... 493 494
Bonsai (season): N/A
Planter Type (& Configuration): 200px planter
Planter and/or Substrate Colours: White with shattered ceramic shard substrate
Plants: 4 sweet grass, 3 red emperor tulips and 2 carnaval tulips
Creatures: 2 coral snakes
Decorations: N/A
Placement Directions: Use both poses for the snakes

4k treasure
10x granite fragment
10x shattered ceramic shard
40x sweet grass
30x red emperor tulip
20x carnaval tulip
20x coral snake
Bonsai (season): N/A
Planter Type (& Configuration): 200px planter
Planter and/or Substrate Colours: White with shattered ceramic shard substrate
Plants: 4 sweet grass, 3 red emperor tulips and 2 carnaval tulips
Creatures: 2 coral snakes
Placement Directions: Use both poses for the snakes

4k treasure
10x granite fragment
10x shattered ceramic shard
40x sweet grass
30x red emperor tulip
20x carnaval tulip
20x coral snake
EfGfFqR.png9UAP5jH.pngO1dUPRY.pngYngtFeL.png
@miirshroom
It wasn't in the FAQ so I am gunna ask c: If i plan to buy one for a friend as a surprise would I be able to ask to 'deliver' it myself and have it listed under their username? It's kinda part of a clan ideathing so >> Whenever you can answer is good uvu
@miirshroom
It wasn't in the FAQ so I am gunna ask c: If i plan to buy one for a friend as a surprise would I be able to ask to 'deliver' it myself and have it listed under their username? It's kinda part of a clan ideathing so >> Whenever you can answer is good uvu
r7LsxK2.png
@miirshroom
Pls add me to ping list? I'll come back once I've gathered things to make an order. =)
@miirshroom
Pls add me to ping list? I'll come back once I've gathered things to make an order. =)
raffle2.pngDanafox_sig.gif
@miirshroom it's perfect, thank you!
@miirshroom it's perfect, thank you!
00L4SNl.png
@Miirshroom I'd like to order another one please!

Bonsai: sugar maple, Autumn, Yellow: Minerature potash peach, winter
Planter Type: 1, 200px
Planter/Substrate colors: Red planter, obsidian substrate
Plants: Hallowed Ivy, Cindershroom
Creatures: can I do ravens/crows?
Arrangements: sugar maple on the left, Peach on the right. Hallowed Ivy left-centered, Cindershrooms scattered around wherever you think they'd look good, and if I can, raven perching in the peach tree
@Miirshroom I'd like to order another one please!

Bonsai: sugar maple, Autumn, Yellow: Minerature potash peach, winter
Planter Type: 1, 200px
Planter/Substrate colors: Red planter, obsidian substrate
Plants: Hallowed Ivy, Cindershroom
Creatures: can I do ravens/crows?
Arrangements: sugar maple on the left, Peach on the right. Hallowed Ivy left-centered, Cindershrooms scattered around wherever you think they'd look good, and if I can, raven perching in the peach tree
pMG3kw0.pngfelinefuschia.png219ykh5.jpg
@miirshroom

Hi! I'd like to be put on the pinglist for a bonsai please!

Bonsai (season): Crimson Frost Birch, Summer Variant
Planter Type (&Configuration): Type 1 , 100px
Planter and/or Substrate Colours: White Planter, clay substrate
Plants: Silvery Ivy x4
Creatures: N/A
Decorations: Crystal Quartz
Placement Directions: Ivy evenly spaced around tree with crystal poking through.
@miirshroom

Hi! I'd like to be put on the pinglist for a bonsai please!

Bonsai (season): Crimson Frost Birch, Summer Variant
Planter Type (&Configuration): Type 1 , 100px
Planter and/or Substrate Colours: White Planter, clay substrate
Plants: Silvery Ivy x4
Creatures: N/A
Decorations: Crystal Quartz
Placement Directions: Ivy evenly spaced around tree with crystal poking through.
tumblr_omfag6klBG1rnfnzgo1_100.png
Kat
A forum goblin
29 | They | +3 hrs server time
fudgernutter.tumblr.com
@miirshroom yaaaaay

Bonsai (season): Crimson King Maple (winter)
Planter Type (&Configuration): Type 1, 100px
Planter and/or Substrate Colours: RED planter, Obsidian substrate
Plants: Bonebark Mold x1
Creatures: Dead Leaf Mantis x1
Decorations: Large Bird Skull x1
Placement Directions: Moss can be clumped around base of tree if possible. Mantis can be placed on the left side of the tree facing away from it. Skull can be placed on far edge of the planter (relative to the tree) and facing towards the tree.
@miirshroom yaaaaay

Bonsai (season): Crimson King Maple (winter)
Planter and/or Substrate Colours: RED planter, Obsidian substrate
Plants: Bonebark Mold x1
Creatures: Dead Leaf Mantis x1
Decorations: Large Bird Skull x1
Placement Directions: Moss can be clumped around base of tree if possible. Mantis can be placed on the left side of the tree facing away from it. Skull can be placed on far edge of the planter (relative to the tree) and facing towards the tree.
7OTnPEj.gif zB19SBJ.png
@miirshroom

Bonsai (season): White Oak (Summer)
Planter Type (&Configuration): #16 200px Pot
Planter and/or Substrate Colours: Painted Pots
Plants: Desert Scrub, Mycena Mushrooms, & Silvery Ivy
Creatures: Leopard Gecko, Common Sparrow, & White Cabbage Butterflies
Placement Directions: I'd like the leopard gecko to stand out at least somewhat if you can, since I'm getting this to represent my own leo. :)

• 5,000t + 10x Painted Clay Pot
  • 10x Acorns
  • 10x Desert Scrub
  • 10x Mycena Mushroom
  • 10x Silvery Ivy
  • 10x Leopard Gecko
  • 10x Common Sparrow
  • 10x White Cabbage Butterfly
@miirshroom

Bonsai (season): White Oak (Summer)
Planter Type (&Configuration): #16 200px Pot
Planter and/or Substrate Colours: Painted Pots
Plants: Desert Scrub, Mycena Mushrooms, & Silvery Ivy
Creatures: Leopard Gecko, Common Sparrow, & White Cabbage Butterflies
Placement Directions: I'd like the leopard gecko to stand out at least somewhat if you can, since I'm getting this to represent my own leo. :)

• 5,000t + 10x Painted Clay Pot
  • 10x Acorns
  • 10x Desert Scrub
  • 10x Mycena Mushroom
  • 10x Silvery Ivy
  • 10x Leopard Gecko
  • 10x Common Sparrow
  • 10x White Cabbage Butterfly
@miirshroom

Hope I filled this out right!

Bonsai (season): Crimson Frost Birch (Summer) x1
Planter and/or Substrate Colours: Jade, Dirt
Plants: Star Moss x1
Creatures: Wildwood Owlet x1
Decorations: Wind Runestone x1, 3 small sparrow skulls x1
Placement Directions: Star Moss on one side, with the wind rune on the same side. Wildwood Owlet on the dirt on the other side, surrounded by the skulls.
@miirshroom

Hope I filled this out right!

Bonsai (season): Crimson Frost Birch (Summer) x1
Planter and/or Substrate Colours: Jade, Dirt
Plants: Star Moss x1
Creatures: Wildwood Owlet x1
Decorations: Wind Runestone x1, 3 small sparrow skulls x1
Placement Directions: Star Moss on one side, with the wind rune on the same side. Wildwood Owlet on the dirt on the other side, surrounded by the skulls.
OxsbMf2.png g76Nqnb.pngecbaTlT.gif
@iHibariKyoya You mean, I would send the bonsai to you in a Message and you could add your own text and send to your friend? Yep, I could arrange something like that (just very clearly make a note in your post and/or Message with) @felinefuschia Crows are coming [i]very soon[/i]. I highly expect them to be done by the next time I have an update if you'd like to wait until then (Crows, Leucistic Crows, and Magpies will still need a funding fee paid to become officially available). [center][size=5][u][b]Poll Results Announcement[/b][/u][/size] [img]http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/miirshroom/00%20graphics/Teasers/ALL%20Coliseum%20Stuff%20Preview_zps5ccegv5y.png[/img] [url=https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Dh2b6T1ZvXg0day6iGc_e_RRiDen60GKedvwt3vHOQ0/viewanalytics][b]Link to the pretty graphs!![/b][/url] 1. I selected *4 new creatures* to add based on the 3 most popular Coliseum responses, plus one of my own choice: [b]Whisper Moths, Dart Frogs, Hedgehogs, and Scarabs.[/b] I fast-tracked drawing them (for reasons that will be described below), so they are now all available for order. [item=Frost Whisper][item=Fallout Whisper][item=Dreamwaker][item=Puddlehopper][item=Dung Beetle] [item=Everglade Hedgehog][item=Sandstrike Hedgehog][item=Toxindiver][item=Scalescarab][item=Rolling Scarab] 2. Shop Hiatus was rated highest for worst-case-scenarios, and no Special Events/No Funding Slots as the lowest. As a result, there [b]probably will not be any new funding slots for a while[/b] after I finish the Crows, or they will be very controlled (i.e. taking plant slots only, since those are consistently the easiest for me to finish). I also will not be holding Special Effects, though I will probably have a tutorial for them at the same time as the other placement tutorials that I'm planning. [color=green]3. There seems to be a [b]generally positive response[/b] to having the pixel assets shared with [b]Affiliate Shops[/b] (Over 70% rated at 4 or 5 while only 5% rated at 1-2). Response was a little more divided on whether Coliseum Assets should be released, but I think still positive enough that I'll make them available at least long that people can use them as a trial for running their own Bonsai pixel shop. [i][b]As such, I'm continuing with plans to select 1-2 people to run their own affiliate shops, hopefully starting a selection process sometime in the next week or two, and having it run for about 2 weeks.[/b][/i] The header graphic for this post gives an overview of the types of bonsai, creatures, and plants that will be used for the trial. [b]If you would like to be pinged for the start of the selection let me know in-thread![/b][/color] [b]4. Comments about Independent Shop:[/b] [color=grey][left][size=2][b]I'm mostly concerned of the cost, it would be a disappointment if the member that started the 2nd shop decided to use exuberant [/b] Part of the reason for letting people choose their own cost is if they want to offer something distinctive in addition to the pixel dropoffs. These could be things such as more extensive written blurbs for profile purposes, having animated elements, special effects included on a more consistent basis, custom colour variants, etc. To be honest, I'm planning to increase the base cost of my 100 and 200 px planters since even though they take less time to assemble, it's still about the same effort to write a text-blurb as it is with the larger planters. [b]Yes... but of course it will depend on the person chosen. I kinda like the idea of releasing the cheaper options for free, but I wouldn't want to see you cheated :)[/b] My current thought is that I'll only post temporary links to the sprite sheets for the Coliseum items for purposes of having a trial run when choosing affiliates. I know it's a risk sharing assets with people when they could just run off with them or use them only for personal use without committing to a shop, but [i]que sera, sera[/i]. [b]I don't think splitting items up between shops is a good idea. What if someone wants coli items + gathered items together in a planter by yours truly? (Which I imagine is the most common type of order anyway.) If you don't feel the coli items are worth your time then maybe discontinue them or offer them for treasure instead? [/b] Items won't be split up. The Coliseum items can also be ordered in combination with the regular ones, it's just that they would also be available for free use for a certain amount of time. [b]*whispers* I could help with small animations and omg I love and miss pixels so much *screeeeeeee*[/b] I would be interested in at least one affiliate who is interested in offering animations. [b]It might not be quite the same if someone else was doing it. I would still only come to miirshroom.[/b] That's fine! The simple fact though is that I'm going to be extremely busy in the near future and I may not have the energy to keep up with the shop at times. I want to try and create other options. [b]I'm a little worried the placement and assembling won't be the same quality as what you do. Also, what about a slots + pinglist for open slots system?[/b] There's certainly a learning curve involved which is why I plan to make tutorials. I also wouldn't expect affiliates to offer anything more than 100 & 200 px planters, at least at the beginning, because filling negative space can be terrifying. The slots system I find gets to be too much of a first-come-first-serve situation, and it's more than enough admin work just trying to manage slots for funding. [b]What would be the policy on independants adding their own new assets?[/b] Strict policy of no adding own assets, except perhaps in the event that I disappear with no contact for more than ~6 months. Recolours and customizing pixels on the existing sprites [b]would[/b] be acceptable within reason. [b]How much time on average does it take you to make a single planter? I'd love to run a shop, but only if the time commitment isn't humongous. :D Also, have you considered, instead of opening a separate shop, to just "hire" an assistant or two to help you with orders that come through this shop? [/b] I'm at the point where I get bored with doing the same thing over an over again, and make more work for myself by adding unncessecary extra details. For a normal person, maybe [5-10 minutes for a 100px, 15-25 minutes for a 200px]. Plus an hour to upload/write-up/drop-off a batch of ~10. Assume the higher end of the ranges whenever moss is ordered. [b]I think this is a great idea, but only if there are select people chosen and not widespread use. While I've heard you consider it fanart, it is still your pixel art that is being used. I would hate to see others claim it as their own which while inevitable in the internet art world, should at least be minimized. I think this is very gracious of you to even offer it, and I for one, would love to be a part of it.[/b] If art thieves are going to steal something, then they could almost as easily clip the images out of past bonsai planters that I've released. Certainly they would need to have at least that much skill if they were going to do anything significant with the assets. I'd rather find a way for Pixellated Bonsai to remain available to the FR community than worry about some nebulous third party using the assets for their own gain. [b]i think its a good idea and would help reduce the work load on you, i'd be really sad to see this shop close, so dividing it up/ getting more people sounds great[/b] I appreciate your positivity! [b]It all comes down to who would run the independent shop. If they are unorganized and too inexperienced the whole thing might end in a disaster. They'd also have to be active and trustful. Maybe have you be an overseer to everything for a bit? Just so customers are reassured that you're still apart of the process?[/b] This is true. Part of the reason that I wanted opinions on releasing the Coliseum assets is because I want to use them for an application process, so that people can get hands-on experience of approximately the amount of work it takes. Running a past shop is not necessarily required, and I would like to have a probation period to check that the affiliate can keep up (probably something along the lines of a starter-bonsai offer for flat fee like I've done in the past). Basic familiarity with art theory would be expected, and I will give preference to people who have been generally civil on-site. I am also making it a requirement that applicants must have ordered from the shop at least once in the past, even if only one of the random starters, which would hopefully prevent people from applying just for "easy" dragon dollars. [b]Well the 5th Q confused me; like what are these special effects and have you considered the workload to creating a tutorials set for someone with absolutly no skill in pixel, me having made full tutorials in the past I still had a huge basis of people asking me questions. So I just wonder if you were considering someone who can prove they have a skill set; or idk; there was more but my train flipped the tracks.[/b] I have had 2 "Special Effects" events in the past for drawing snow, falling leaves, and mists over the typical bonsai art. This is some of the most time-consuming work, so I don't regularily have time for it. The vast majority of work involves taking pre-made pixel images and rearranging them. There is no free-hand drawing/pixelling work involved. I will try not to take anything for granted when explaining the Photoshop tools that I use (i.e. from the really basic stuff like lasso tool, to the less obvious things like 1/3 grid lines) The placement tutorials will basically be an overview of the most applicable principles of design (Balance, Rhythm, Contrast (several types. very important), Unity, Dominance, etc.) [b]!!!!! Yes please[/b] ^_^[/size][/left][/color] [size=2]@Abyssaurus @Aleise @Annqueru @Apothecaria @ArmouredHunter @Artemis @Azelas @Bashka @BeingOfNature @Clocks @Cobalt @Danafox @Elwine @Erratic @Fujo @Ghostgirl32 @Gingine @Godspeed @HereBeDragons @IronPen @JCStitches @Javen @JovaniSkye @Juushika @Kitiara @Kuroida @Maosayshi @ModestMouse @Morigan @NamedDame @Nightmare222 @NoAkei @Orru @Pyramidia @Quenya @ShadowWolf @Soleil @Stannum @Stormdragon @Sunset @SuzumeSan @Timeweaver @TricksAndThings @Urisk @Winged0 @disconcerto @dualscepters @jastoz @kjolvor @kokobean22 @lome @proserpinaseeds @ryttu3k @salander867 @saqurtuliq @sgkat @stormyhearted @straekitty I have a bunch of bonsai ready to dropoff and will hopefully get them out sometime tomorrow![/center]
@iHibariKyoya You mean, I would send the bonsai to you in a Message and you could add your own text and send to your friend? Yep, I could arrange something like that (just very clearly make a note in your post and/or Message with)

@felinefuschia Crows are coming very soon. I highly expect them to be done by the next time I have an update if you'd like to wait until then (Crows, Leucistic Crows, and Magpies will still need a funding fee paid to become officially available).

Poll Results Announcement

ALL%20Coliseum%20Stuff%20Preview_zps5ccegv5y.png

Link to the pretty graphs!!

1. I selected *4 new creatures* to add based on the 3 most popular Coliseum responses, plus one of my own choice: Whisper Moths, Dart Frogs, Hedgehogs, and Scarabs. I fast-tracked drawing them (for reasons that will be described below), so they are now all available for order.

Frost Whisper Fallout Whisper Dreamwaker Puddlehopper Dung Beetle
Everglade Hedgehog Sandstrike Hedgehog Toxindiver Scalescarab Rolling Scarab

2. Shop Hiatus was rated highest for worst-case-scenarios, and no Special Events/No Funding Slots as the lowest. As a result, there probably will not be any new funding slots for a while after I finish the Crows, or they will be very controlled (i.e. taking plant slots only, since those are consistently the easiest for me to finish). I also will not be holding Special Effects, though I will probably have a tutorial for them at the same time as the other placement tutorials that I'm planning.

3. There seems to be a generally positive response to having the pixel assets shared with Affiliate Shops (Over 70% rated at 4 or 5 while only 5% rated at 1-2). Response was a little more divided on whether Coliseum Assets should be released, but I think still positive enough that I'll make them available at least long that people can use them as a trial for running their own Bonsai pixel shop. As such, I'm continuing with plans to select 1-2 people to run their own affiliate shops, hopefully starting a selection process sometime in the next week or two, and having it run for about 2 weeks. The header graphic for this post gives an overview of the types of bonsai, creatures, and plants that will be used for the trial.

If you would like to be pinged for the start of the selection let me know in-thread!

4. Comments about Independent Shop:

I'm mostly concerned of the cost, it would be a disappointment if the member that started the 2nd shop decided to use exuberant
Part of the reason for letting people choose their own cost is if they want to offer something distinctive in addition to the pixel dropoffs.
These could be things such as more extensive written blurbs for profile purposes, having animated elements, special effects included on a more consistent basis, custom colour variants, etc.
To be honest, I'm planning to increase the base cost of my 100 and 200 px planters since even though they take less time to assemble, it's still about the same effort to write a text-blurb as it is with the larger planters.

Yes... but of course it will depend on the person chosen. I kinda like the idea of releasing the cheaper options for free, but I wouldn't want to see you cheated :)
My current thought is that I'll only post temporary links to the sprite sheets for the Coliseum items for purposes of having a trial run when choosing affiliates. I know it's a risk sharing assets with people when they could just run off with them or use them only for personal use without committing to a shop, but que sera, sera.

I don't think splitting items up between shops is a good idea. What if someone wants coli items + gathered items together in a planter by yours truly? (Which I imagine is the most common type of order anyway.) If you don't feel the coli items are worth your time then maybe discontinue them or offer them for treasure instead?
Items won't be split up. The Coliseum items can also be ordered in combination with the regular ones, it's just that they would also be available for free use for a certain amount of time.

*whispers* I could help with small animations and omg I love and miss pixels so much *screeeeeeee*
I would be interested in at least one affiliate who is interested in offering animations.

It might not be quite the same if someone else was doing it. I would still only come to miirshroom.
That's fine! The simple fact though is that I'm going to be extremely busy in the near future and I may not have the energy to keep up with the shop at times. I want to try and create other options.

I'm a little worried the placement and assembling won't be the same quality as what you do. Also, what about a slots + pinglist for open slots system?
There's certainly a learning curve involved which is why I plan to make tutorials. I also wouldn't expect affiliates to offer anything more than 100 & 200 px planters, at least at the beginning, because filling negative space can be terrifying.
The slots system I find gets to be too much of a first-come-first-serve situation, and it's more than enough admin work just trying to manage slots for funding.

What would be the policy on independants adding their own new assets?
Strict policy of no adding own assets, except perhaps in the event that I disappear with no contact for more than ~6 months. Recolours and customizing pixels on the existing sprites would be acceptable within reason.

How much time on average does it take you to make a single planter? I'd love to run a shop, but only if the time commitment isn't humongous. :D Also, have you considered, instead of opening a separate shop, to just "hire" an assistant or two to help you with orders that come through this shop?
I'm at the point where I get bored with doing the same thing over an over again, and make more work for myself by adding unncessecary extra details.
For a normal person, maybe [5-10 minutes for a 100px, 15-25 minutes for a 200px]. Plus an hour to upload/write-up/drop-off a batch of ~10. Assume the higher end of the ranges whenever moss is ordered.

I think this is a great idea, but only if there are select people chosen and not widespread use. While I've heard you consider it fanart, it is still your pixel art that is being used. I would hate to see others claim it as their own which while inevitable in the internet art world, should at least be minimized. I think this is very gracious of you to even offer it, and I for one, would love to be a part of it.
If art thieves are going to steal something, then they could almost as easily clip the images out of past bonsai planters that I've released. Certainly they would need to have at least that much skill if they were going to do anything significant with the assets.
I'd rather find a way for Pixellated Bonsai to remain available to the FR community than worry about some nebulous third party using the assets for their own gain.

i think its a good idea and would help reduce the work load on you, i'd be really sad to see this shop close, so dividing it up/ getting more people sounds great
I appreciate your positivity!

It all comes down to who would run the independent shop. If they are unorganized and too inexperienced the whole thing might end in a disaster. They'd also have to be active and trustful. Maybe have you be an overseer to everything for a bit? Just so customers are reassured that you're still apart of the process?
This is true. Part of the reason that I wanted opinions on releasing the Coliseum assets is because I want to use them for an application process, so that people can get hands-on experience of approximately the amount of work it takes. Running a past shop is not necessarily required, and I would like to have a probation period to check that the affiliate can keep up (probably something along the lines of a starter-bonsai offer for flat fee like I've done in the past). Basic familiarity with art theory would be expected, and I will give preference to people who have been generally civil on-site. I am also making it a requirement that applicants must have ordered from the shop at least once in the past, even if only one of the random starters, which would hopefully prevent people from applying just for "easy" dragon dollars.

Well the 5th Q confused me; like what are these special effects and have you considered the workload to creating a tutorials set for someone with absolutly no skill in pixel, me having made full tutorials in the past I still had a huge basis of people asking me questions. So I just wonder if you were considering someone who can prove they have a skill set; or idk; there was more but my train flipped the tracks.
I have had 2 "Special Effects" events in the past for drawing snow, falling leaves, and mists over the typical bonsai art. This is some of the most time-consuming work, so I don't regularily have time for it.
The vast majority of work involves taking pre-made pixel images and rearranging them. There is no free-hand drawing/pixelling work involved.
I will try not to take anything for granted when explaining the Photoshop tools that I use (i.e. from the really basic stuff like lasso tool, to the less obvious things like 1/3 grid lines)
The placement tutorials will basically be an overview of the most applicable principles of design (Balance, Rhythm, Contrast (several types. very important), Unity, Dominance, etc.)

!!!!! Yes please
^_^

@Abyssaurus @Aleise @Annqueru @Apothecaria @ArmouredHunter @Artemis @Azelas @Bashka @BeingOfNature @Clocks @Cobalt @Danafox @Elwine @Erratic @Fujo @Ghostgirl32 @Gingine @Godspeed @HereBeDragons @IronPen @JCStitches @Javen @JovaniSkye @Juushika @Kitiara @Kuroida @Maosayshi @ModestMouse @Morigan @NamedDame @Nightmare222 @NoAkei @Orru @Pyramidia @Quenya @ShadowWolf @Soleil @Stannum @Stormdragon @Sunset @SuzumeSan @Timeweaver @TricksAndThings @Urisk @Winged0 @disconcerto @dualscepters @jastoz @kjolvor @kokobean22 @lome @proserpinaseeds @ryttu3k @salander867 @saqurtuliq @sgkat @stormyhearted @straekitty

I have a bunch of bonsai ready to dropoff and will hopefully get them out sometime tomorrow!
qIcJ82H.pngEmI9Jgd.png2ZYu6OU.png0mjfpw6.pngPXqYGyl.png
1 2 ... 132 133 134 135 136 ... 493 494