Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [WATERDOM] Library in the Sky [CLOSED]
1 2 ... 55 56 57 58 59 ... 88 89
Have you ever been in a book club?
I was suppose to be in one in primary school (ages 4/5 to 10/11 for non-UK folk) but wasn't allowed because I was a "fast reader" and it would "discourage the other children" because I was on book 3 of a series and they were on chapter 3... I loved reading as a kid. I'd read the school library out of books by my 4th year.

Today's reading... I ended up on AO3 whilst I ate my tea. It was not written in English, and Google Translate was not doing a good job. It was facinating.
I was suppose to be in one in primary school (ages 4/5 to 10/11 for non-UK folk) but wasn't allowed because I was a "fast reader" and it would "discourage the other children" because I was on book 3 of a series and they were on chapter 3... I loved reading as a kid. I'd read the school library out of books by my 4th year.

Today's reading... I ended up on AO3 whilst I ate my tea. It was not written in English, and Google Translate was not doing a good job. It was facinating.
SbvRDbG.gif53548275035_c8f3cd96b1_q.jpg
I read 2 chapters of How To Tame A Fox today, and they were very interesting- giving an overview of the leading studies in animal cognition and behaviour in the 90s, and how the fox experiment was rescued from the brink of collapse.

One chapter left!

I have never been in a book club!
I read 2 chapters of How To Tame A Fox today, and they were very interesting- giving an overview of the leading studies in animal cognition and behaviour in the 90s, and how the fox experiment was rescued from the brink of collapse.

One chapter left!

I have never been in a book club!
104.png Wishlist
361.png Gene Plans
121.pngFR+8
progen-small.pngsignature-badge.jpg kashan-icon-small.pngbadge-Strange-Sisters-small.png
daily reading: I read my mail today, lol. Basically I forgot my card expired and my bank automatically renewed it for me, so I had to read the instructions on how to activate the new card.

No :(
The closest thing to a club I've been in is one of my friend's discord servers where we have a dedicated book channel to talk about a book we've read
daily reading: I read my mail today, lol. Basically I forgot my card expired and my bank automatically renewed it for me, so I had to read the instructions on how to activate the new card.

No :(
The closest thing to a club I've been in is one of my friend's discord servers where we have a dedicated book channel to talk about a book we've read
sCaCbZg.gifQCbXyOx.gif
daily reading: got another 16% or so through angel of indian lake? things are continuing to ramp up! it's amazing how many people have died in such a short section of book lol

have you ever been in a book club? yep, i'm in one currently! it's a fantasy & scifi book club hosted by my workplace and it is delightful, although i always end up putting off reading our pick until the last moment.
daily reading: got another 16% or so through angel of indian lake? things are continuing to ramp up! it's amazing how many people have died in such a short section of book lol

have you ever been in a book club? yep, i'm in one currently! it's a fantasy & scifi book club hosted by my workplace and it is delightful, although i always end up putting off reading our pick until the last moment.
pushing things to the centerSlight-Eyewing.pngspace veilspun adopts
old fest skins
dragons for sale
spaceEEEmH1m.png
more fic reading :3 both heart wrenching and comedic wough

daily question: yep! in middle school the librarian hosted a weekly club, it was the highlight of my time there
more fic reading :3 both heart wrenching and comedic wough

daily question: yep! in middle school the librarian hosted a weekly club, it was the highlight of my time there
DRAGONS !
Daily Reading:
So Muradin will train Arthas, he a actually really happy about that. Drawrfs are known to be amazing fighters. Though a bit sad that he couldn't play with Jaina that day. Seeing his older sister and her leave the room. But before she left she turned around and gave a smile. Thats so cute ;w;
THe training was hard. He had to get up really early to have breakfast, then train with Muradin. When he is finshed with that he needs to go back to his studies. Learn more about maths and writting. And after all of that he needs to visit the church of light. Uther there making sure he is playing attenion to the service and not alseep.

have you ever been in a book club?
Sadly I have not. Seems fun though. I dont read enough to be able to join one really. Really struggling at times to continue to read ;w;
But this event is helping me get over that!
Daily Reading:
So Muradin will train Arthas, he a actually really happy about that. Drawrfs are known to be amazing fighters. Though a bit sad that he couldn't play with Jaina that day. Seeing his older sister and her leave the room. But before she left she turned around and gave a smile. Thats so cute ;w;
THe training was hard. He had to get up really early to have breakfast, then train with Muradin. When he is finshed with that he needs to go back to his studies. Learn more about maths and writting. And after all of that he needs to visit the church of light. Uther there making sure he is playing attenion to the service and not alseep.

have you ever been in a book club?
Sadly I have not. Seems fun though. I dont read enough to be able to join one really. Really struggling at times to continue to read ;w;
But this event is helping me get over that!
Gummi-Left.pngGummi-Right.png
Today I read an article about how studying the orbits of objects beyond Neptune has revealed inconsistencies that could be caused by a ninth planet in the solar system, and what other evidence potentially supports this.

Question
I have never been part of a book club.
Today I read an article about how studying the orbits of objects beyond Neptune has revealed inconsistencies that could be caused by a ninth planet in the solar system, and what other evidence potentially supports this.

Question
I have never been part of a book club.
Nearing the end of Nicholas and Alexandra by Robert K. Massie. I'll probably be able to finish it tomorrow if time permits. Here's a quote from one of the chapters:

...the deliberate exploitation of weakness and devotion was nothing less than monstrous evil.

Apr. 22: Have you ever been in a book club?
Nope, never. Tbh, I'm not sure I'd enjoy being in one either. I prefer to read whatever I want, and at my own pace, especially since I don't have as much free time nowadays as I used to.
Nearing the end of Nicholas and Alexandra by Robert K. Massie. I'll probably be able to finish it tomorrow if time permits. Here's a quote from one of the chapters:

...the deliberate exploitation of weakness and devotion was nothing less than monstrous evil.

Apr. 22: Have you ever been in a book club?
Nope, never. Tbh, I'm not sure I'd enjoy being in one either. I prefer to read whatever I want, and at my own pace, especially since I don't have as much free time nowadays as I used to.
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +15 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
Daily Reading: I'm short on time today, so I did like nerdmom and checkd out the Letters from Exalts. A little disappointed there wasn't more! I will probably read yesterday's paperback a little more right before I go to sleep.

Daily Question: Nope, never been in a book club. My sister is in one, and I don't think I'd like having to come up with a copy of a book I might not care for. Or have to stress about hosting the group in my turn!
Daily Reading: I'm short on time today, so I did like nerdmom and checkd out the Letters from Exalts. A little disappointed there wasn't more! I will probably read yesterday's paperback a little more right before I go to sleep.

Daily Question: Nope, never been in a book club. My sister is in one, and I don't think I'd like having to come up with a copy of a book I might not care for. Or have to stress about hosting the group in my turn!
pSn2GKM.png If you like them, please Like them!
Daily Reading: I finished Artificial Condition! I definitely enjoyed the first book more, this one seemed to be setting up a lot of series-wide things so the plot itself was okay, but I'm interested in seeing where the rest of the books go!

QOTD: I'm in the book club @cinderrain mentioned :), apparently it's been going on for nine years! (Ignoring the fact that there was a three year break in the middle).
Daily Reading: I finished Artificial Condition! I definitely enjoyed the first book more, this one seemed to be setting up a lot of series-wide things so the plot itself was okay, but I'm interested in seeing where the rest of the books go!

QOTD: I'm in the book club @cinderrain mentioned :), apparently it's been going on for nine years! (Ignoring the fact that there was a three year break in the middle).
2H1j3pX.pngW5tLJ1o.pngVTxnlVe.pngmVKzwck.png3n4H9un.pngqONfIae.pngroad-not-taken-button-90px.png
1 2 ... 55 56 57 58 59 ... 88 89