Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What does that mean?
1 2
I mean this as a genuine question, when in regards to the "no lolita fashion" on hatchlings thing, when they responded with "Flight Rising is a virtual pet sim, which is a genre of the video game industry. In the video game industry, it's more common than not to prevent harm or the depiction of harm of children, which includes your world's child analogue.", specifically the "which includes your world's child analogue", what did they mean by that?

I ask if someone else can explain that specific part bc I have insanely bad brainfog right now due to recovering from a migraine, and I'm still trying to wrap my head around them banning lolita fashion from hatchling skins/accents. I dress in lolita fashion and have for the past... Nine years. I'm only aware of one specific sect of it that could/would be reasonably banned from hatchling skins/accents, and I'm not sure if they're banning it all because of that specific sect, because of how so many people confuse it for the book, or what. Anyways. That part's all just a ramble and I really just want to try and understand the analogue bit.
I mean this as a genuine question, when in regards to the "no lolita fashion" on hatchlings thing, when they responded with "Flight Rising is a virtual pet sim, which is a genre of the video game industry. In the video game industry, it's more common than not to prevent harm or the depiction of harm of children, which includes your world's child analogue.", specifically the "which includes your world's child analogue", what did they mean by that?

I ask if someone else can explain that specific part bc I have insanely bad brainfog right now due to recovering from a migraine, and I'm still trying to wrap my head around them banning lolita fashion from hatchling skins/accents. I dress in lolita fashion and have for the past... Nine years. I'm only aware of one specific sect of it that could/would be reasonably banned from hatchling skins/accents, and I'm not sure if they're banning it all because of that specific sect, because of how so many people confuse it for the book, or what. Anyways. That part's all just a ramble and I really just want to try and understand the analogue bit.
A pixel button that reads 'wishlist' and links to my wishlist.
A pixel button that reads 'avatar dragon' and links to my avatar dragon.
A pixel button that reads 'about' and links to my extended about.
A pixel button that reads 'For Sale'.
A pixel button that reads 'den slot tasks' and links to a list of items I currently need for my latest hibernal den slots.
A pixel button that reads 'they/them'. These are my pronouns.
A pixel button that reads 'trans'. Referring to the fact that I am transgender.
A pixel button that reads 'autistic', referring to the fact that I am autistic.
A pixel button that reads 'disabled', referring to the fact that I am physically disabled.
A pixel button that reads 'wheelchair user', referring to the fact that I use a wheelchair.

Call me Ainsley!
Discord: ainsleys
LF Accent: Paper Cranes | Please DM me if you have it!
Celebratory G1 Hatching!
Analogue: something that is similar or comparable to something else either in general or in some specific detail : something that is analogous to something else.

Baby/Child in real world is equivalent to Hatchling on FR.
Analogue: something that is similar or comparable to something else either in general or in some specific detail : something that is analogous to something else.

Baby/Child in real world is equivalent to Hatchling on FR.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@Nightwind | I know what the words mean individually, I meant together in the context of all of this/when strung together in this order. Thank you for trying to help, though.
@Nightwind | I know what the words mean individually, I meant together in the context of all of this/when strung together in this order. Thank you for trying to help, though.
A pixel button that reads 'den slot tasks' and links to a list of items I currently need for my latest hibernal den slots.
A pixel button that reads 'disabled', referring to the fact that I am physically disabled.
A pixel button that reads 'wheelchair user', referring to the fact that I use a wheelchair.

Call me Ainsley!
Celebratory G1 Hatching!
Yeah I don't get it either. I'm also very confused. AND people asking about it keep getting their threads locked??? It doesn't make sense to me.
Yeah I don't get it either. I'm also very confused. AND people asking about it keep getting their threads locked??? It doesn't make sense to me.
UDp5HOz.pnghMDDvym.pngGek4MgE.pngRJE4kZu.pngNtJrBGR.png
Here's what I think they mean: It's common to prevent depiction of harm to children, including things that are analogous to children in fictional worlds.

For example, in Terraria, there are cute slimes that can join your town. These aren't real children, but they're analogous to children, so if your base is attacked and the slimes are reduced to 0 HP, it doesn't say "X has died" but "X has left" because canonically they are OK.

Likewise, dragon hatchlings are not real children, but they're what passes for children in Flight Rising's fictional world.

(I can't cast any light on the lolita fashion part, I'm not familiar with that kind of fashion.)
Here's what I think they mean: It's common to prevent depiction of harm to children, including things that are analogous to children in fictional worlds.

For example, in Terraria, there are cute slimes that can join your town. These aren't real children, but they're analogous to children, so if your base is attacked and the slimes are reduced to 0 HP, it doesn't say "X has died" but "X has left" because canonically they are OK.

Likewise, dragon hatchlings are not real children, but they're what passes for children in Flight Rising's fictional world.

(I can't cast any light on the lolita fashion part, I'm not familiar with that kind of fashion.)
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
Anything more needs to be through the admins.

What everyone seems to want to discuss is the parameters of banned content which either needs to be described vaguely or else is literally banned on the site. The first seems to be insufficient for a lot of people and the rest is simply not possible.

There is a reason why the admins are taking commentary and questions off the forums.

Unless it's suitably vague it starts getting into content inappropriate for the site and the minors on it.
Anything more needs to be through the admins.

What everyone seems to want to discuss is the parameters of banned content which either needs to be described vaguely or else is literally banned on the site. The first seems to be insufficient for a lot of people and the rest is simply not possible.

There is a reason why the admins are taking commentary and questions off the forums.

Unless it's suitably vague it starts getting into content inappropriate for the site and the minors on it.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@Achaius | That explains it a bit better, I think. Though I'm not sure how banning lolita fashion is preventing that (it's basically, typically, very frilly fashion/typically modest, boasting a puffy skirt/puffy sleeves; usually compared to childlike or doll-like; I could understand ero-lolita being the reason it gets banned because it's usually shorter skirts, leather, less "modest" but very cool looking nonetheless, but the general fashion itself--lolita--was meant as a subversion to being "adultified". some examples 1 | 2 | 3 -- sorry for adding into my tangent, I just really love the fashion culture/scene of it and love to show it to people).
@Achaius | That explains it a bit better, I think. Though I'm not sure how banning lolita fashion is preventing that (it's basically, typically, very frilly fashion/typically modest, boasting a puffy skirt/puffy sleeves; usually compared to childlike or doll-like; I could understand ero-lolita being the reason it gets banned because it's usually shorter skirts, leather, less "modest" but very cool looking nonetheless, but the general fashion itself--lolita--was meant as a subversion to being "adultified". some examples 1 | 2 | 3 -- sorry for adding into my tangent, I just really love the fashion culture/scene of it and love to show it to people).

Call me Ainsley!
Celebratory G1 Hatching!
The lolita fashion movement suffers from an unfortunate connection to a book of the same name. I will not go into details, but the book in question depicts a child in dangerous and inappropriate situations. The lolita fashion movement, while unrelated to the content of this book, has picked up some unfortunate connotations due to this.
The devs have decided that those connotations are enough that they are not comfortable allowing lolita inspired hatchling skins. That's all there is to it, really.
The lolita fashion movement suffers from an unfortunate connection to a book of the same name. I will not go into details, but the book in question depicts a child in dangerous and inappropriate situations. The lolita fashion movement, while unrelated to the content of this book, has picked up some unfortunate connotations due to this.
The devs have decided that those connotations are enough that they are not comfortable allowing lolita inspired hatchling skins. That's all there is to it, really.
tumblr_ojt1mcNhC71rc2695o1_400.pngbonsai_wip_tadabam_by_auricolor-dadxgzt.png
Personally I think what makes the most sense surrounding the rule is that "Lolita-inspired" likely refers to the novel/adaptations of it, which has developed some associated iconographyover the years should you look through the covers and adaptations into other media. I would be genuinely baffled if they're referring to the fashion subculture with that ruling since it's literally nothing out of the ordinary.
Personally I think what makes the most sense surrounding the rule is that "Lolita-inspired" likely refers to the novel/adaptations of it, which has developed some associated iconographyover the years should you look through the covers and adaptations into other media. I would be genuinely baffled if they're referring to the fashion subculture with that ruling since it's literally nothing out of the ordinary.
Pressed Morning Glory Venex
they/them
_^___^
(=0ω0=)
23378621.png Pressed Moonflower
I'm starting to think maybe hatchling skins were more trouble than they're worth
I'm starting to think maybe hatchling skins were more trouble than they're worth
sBdLZtA.png
1 2