Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Familiar] Which one could it be?
1 2
Honestly with the release of the Light Gryphon, our new festival familiar for the Light flight in 2024, I had a question pop up in my head lately.

Is this year's familiars going to be themed around just gryphons?

or

Is this going to be a collection of mythological creatures in general?

I'm personally predicting it's just going to be Gryphons (I can't complain about that. I love gryphons :])
Honestly with the release of the Light Gryphon, our new festival familiar for the Light flight in 2024, I had a question pop up in my head lately.

Is this year's familiars going to be themed around just gryphons?

or

Is this going to be a collection of mythological creatures in general?

I'm personally predicting it's just going to be Gryphons (I can't complain about that. I love gryphons :])
CTF4up6.png
I think it's just gonna be gryphons, but I would LOVE the second option.
I think it's just gonna be gryphons, but I would LOVE the second option.
[BSJ 2024] Main Hub[BSJ 2024] Out-of-Flight Raffle
[BSJ 2024] Illuminarti[BSJ 2024] Public Buy
je67dzK.gif ...
Val + she/her + fr+3
talk to me about hozier

7zrgo5F.png
It's probably Gryphons. I'd really love the general creatures, but it's probably Gryphons. Which isn't bad either, it could be really fun and unique depending on how they do it.
But I hope next year they don't do just sorta like... an animal. I'd love something more abstract ig, like I suggested regional mimics once and while that is a creature, the whole point is they don't look like em. Give me some monster crystals and stone tablets and stuff! That'd be neat! Or regional plants- NOT real life plants, but fantasy made up plants you'd find in Flight Rising, such as a bonsai version of the Starwood Strand trees and a little cactus from Lightning and some really weird eyeball mushrooms from Plague etc etc.
I just want to see more stuff that feels really different instead of a bit samey. So mythological creatures in general would fill that desire for me better this time around. I love birds, I do I adore them, just... so many animals....
It's probably Gryphons. I'd really love the general creatures, but it's probably Gryphons. Which isn't bad either, it could be really fun and unique depending on how they do it.
But I hope next year they don't do just sorta like... an animal. I'd love something more abstract ig, like I suggested regional mimics once and while that is a creature, the whole point is they don't look like em. Give me some monster crystals and stone tablets and stuff! That'd be neat! Or regional plants- NOT real life plants, but fantasy made up plants you'd find in Flight Rising, such as a bonsai version of the Starwood Strand trees and a little cactus from Lightning and some really weird eyeball mushrooms from Plague etc etc.
I just want to see more stuff that feels really different instead of a bit samey. So mythological creatures in general would fill that desire for me better this time around. I love birds, I do I adore them, just... so many animals....
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
I'm hoping it's all gryphons! Animal familiars are my favorites (slinks are my favorite fest set).
I'm hoping it's all gryphons! Animal familiars are my favorites (slinks are my favorite fest set).
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge (Koi Edition)
I'm really hoping it's all different mythological animals. I liked the snakes because they were all different types, a bunch of gryphons seems like it would be too samey and boring to me. There are also a lot of gryphon familiars already so adding another set of elemental gryphons on top of that seems strange.
I'm really hoping it's all different mythological animals. I liked the snakes because they were all different types, a bunch of gryphons seems like it would be too samey and boring to me. There are also a lot of gryphon familiars already so adding another set of elemental gryphons on top of that seems strange.
@carpecat

Maybe since this gryphon is a cheetah + eagle(?), each elemental gryphon could be a different cat/mammal + bird. That'd make them pretty unique while still all being "gryphons."
@carpecat

Maybe since this gryphon is a cheetah + eagle(?), each elemental gryphon could be a different cat/mammal + bird. That'd make them pretty unique while still all being "gryphons."
leWQTdB.png5hF3FGk.png
[quote name="Chocoli" date="2024-06-25 19:19:15" ] @/carpecat Maybe since this gryphon is a cheetah + eagle(?), each elemental gryphon could be a different cat/mammal + bird. That'd make them pretty unique while still all being "gryphons." [/quote] Tbh this is what I'm hoping for, as a bird and cat lover xD
Chocoli wrote on 2024-06-25 19:19:15:
@/carpecat

Tbh this is what I'm hoping for, as a bird and cat lover xD
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
[quote name="Chocoli" date="2024-06-25 19:19:15" ] @carpecat Maybe since this gryphon is a cheetah + eagle(?), each elemental gryphon could be a different cat/mammal + bird. That'd make them pretty unique while still all being "gryphons." [/quote] If this is the case, then just imagine Ice's gryphon being a Snowy Owl + Snow Leopard mix
Chocoli wrote on 2024-06-25 19:19:15:
@carpecat

If this is the case, then just imagine Ice's gryphon being a Snowy Owl + Snow Leopard mix
CTF4up6.png
@Chocoli Good point, that I would really like. I still think I'd prefer the different mythological animals though. I would love to see a plague chimera, water selkie, arcane (?) ouroboros, etc. Though now that I think of it FR has already done a surprising amount of mythological creatures as familars already (the well-known ones at least).

If they do continue with the gryphons, I wonder if they'll make one a hippogriff (front half of a gryphon and back half of a horse) or if that's too different.
@Chocoli Good point, that I would really like. I still think I'd prefer the different mythological animals though. I would love to see a plague chimera, water selkie, arcane (?) ouroboros, etc. Though now that I think of it FR has already done a surprising amount of mythological creatures as familars already (the well-known ones at least).

If they do continue with the gryphons, I wonder if they'll make one a hippogriff (front half of a gryphon and back half of a horse) or if that's too different.
[quote name="Achaius" date="2024-06-25 19:01:15" ] I'm hoping it's all gryphons! Animal familiars are my favorites (slinks are my favorite fest set). [/quote] YES
Achaius wrote on 2024-06-25 19:01:15:
YES
LMLA6wg.png tDeKDnH.png
1 2