Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How much do *you* buy permas for?
For buyers: * [b]What factors will make you pay more for a dragon? How much?[/b] [emoji=gem size=1] G1/rare matchy XYZ color combos w/matching eyes [emoji=treasure size=1] re: non-G1s w/ common gene/color combos I expect to pay 20kt or less [emoji=gem size=1] i’ll be more likely to buy dragons w/gem genes but only if they’re the specific gem genes i want/need for a breeding project. if it’s the wrong gene it doesn’t matter whether it’s gem or not; it’s worthless to me [emoji=gem size=1] may rarely pay between 50kt-100g for really nice non-G1s [emoji=treasure size=1] if i see a G1 dragon under 30kt/30g-50g that really speaks to me there won’t be much hesitation to buy (unless it’s a rare combo/i already have a similar dragon/want someone else to have a chance). at that price point, the dragon doesn’t need to look good in existing genes; i’ll den them and wait for better ones if i think they have potential. [emoji=scroll 2 size=1] however if i have >5 active G1 projects i’ll be less likely to spring for anything but an exceptionally good G1 [emoji=gem size=1] for G1s between 50-500g at least 2 genes available on the site must scry really good together on them. i’ll wait for the perfect 3rd gene. [emoji=gem size=1] to pay 700g-1000g they have to be exceptionally matchy/my absolute favorite colors [emoji=treasure size=1] matchy XYZ, but specifically where none of the genes are pairs (like star/con); matching w/ genes not designed to pair is more impressive * [b]What will turn you off of buying a dragon?[/b] [emoji=block size=1] for non-G1s, more than 100g i’m not interested/will breed it myself (since most dragons can be improved with an even better scry to aim for) [emoji=block size=1] eye colors that clash (though i don’t mind vialing eyes if there’s a perfect match i won’t pay much more for eyes unless they match out the gate, esp. if the matching eye vial is particularly expensive) [emoji=block size=1] common colors/genes [emoji=block size=1] triples [emoji=block size=1] doubles (unless they absolutely wow me) [emoji=birthday cake size=1] i rarely purchase non-G1s during festivals b/c i can just barely scrape together enough to afford fest accents [emoji=block size=1] greyscale base colors (black/white/grey range) (yes it’s me, the 1 greyscale hater on the site lmao) [emoji=block size=1] bred—unless i plant to breed them myself. [emoji=block size=1] unnamed offspring or an offspring list that’s ugly (e.g. parents with names that are really different lengths, random hatchlings with names that stand out too much (e.g. all lowercase or all caps)—unless they’re for a breeding project * [b]Do you collect any particular types of dragon?[/b] [emoji=chameleon size=1] yes, G1s with specific colors/matchy XYZs in general * [b]Where do you find the dragons you buy?[/b] [emoji=magnifying glass size=1] saved AH searches [emoji=magnifying glass size=1] anytime there’s bound to be a lot of hatches like a holiday or festival i check the dragon search to see if there’s any new G1s in my favorite colors. if they seem likely to be sold/fodder i’ll throw the person a message to see if they’d be interested in selling/trading. if the dragon has a familiar/plans or seems likely to be loved i don’t bother. [emoji=ping 2 size=1] XYZ1 discord server [emoji=ping 2 size=1] cheap AH G1s forum thread subscription [emoji=ping 2 size=1] and rarely i’ll get pinged/buy specific colors through the G1 hoarders pinglists
For buyers:

* What factors will make you pay more for a dragon? How much?

G1/rare matchy XYZ color combos w/matching eyes
re: non-G1s w/ common gene/color combos I expect to pay 20kt or less
i’ll be more likely to buy dragons w/gem genes but only if they’re the specific gem genes i want/need for a breeding project. if it’s the wrong gene it doesn’t matter whether it’s gem or not; it’s worthless to me
may rarely pay between 50kt-100g for really nice non-G1s
if i see a G1 dragon under 30kt/30g-50g that really speaks to me there won’t be much hesitation to buy (unless it’s a rare combo/i already have a similar dragon/want someone else to have a chance). at that price point, the dragon doesn’t need to look good in existing genes; i’ll den them and wait for better ones if i think they have potential.
however if i have >5 active G1 projects i’ll be less likely to spring for anything but an exceptionally good G1
for G1s between 50-500g at least 2 genes available on the site must scry really good together on them. i’ll wait for the perfect 3rd gene.
to pay 700g-1000g they have to be exceptionally matchy/my absolute favorite colors
matchy XYZ, but specifically where none of the genes are pairs (like star/con); matching w/ genes not designed to pair is more impressive

* What will turn you off of buying a dragon?

for non-G1s, more than 100g i’m not interested/will breed it myself (since most dragons can be improved with an even better scry to aim for)
eye colors that clash (though i don’t mind vialing eyes if there’s a perfect match i won’t pay much more for eyes unless they match out the gate, esp. if the matching eye vial is particularly expensive)
common colors/genes
triples
doubles (unless they absolutely wow me)
i rarely purchase non-G1s during festivals b/c i can just barely scrape together enough to afford fest accents
greyscale base colors (black/white/grey range) (yes it’s me, the 1 greyscale hater on the site lmao)
bred—unless i plant to breed them myself.
unnamed offspring or an offspring list that’s ugly (e.g. parents with names that are really different lengths, random hatchlings with names that stand out too much (e.g. all lowercase or all caps)—unless they’re for a breeding project

* Do you collect any particular types of dragon?

yes, G1s with specific colors/matchy XYZs in general

* Where do you find the dragons you buy?

saved AH searches
anytime there’s bound to be a lot of hatches like a holiday or festival i check the dragon search to see if there’s any new G1s in my favorite colors. if they seem likely to be sold/fodder i’ll throw the person a message to see if they’d be interested in selling/trading. if the dragon has a familiar/plans or seems likely to be loved i don’t bother.
XYZ1 discord server
cheap AH G1s forum thread subscription
and rarely i’ll get pinged/buy specific colors through the G1 hoarders pinglists
HdmxfuE.png
KYSFCiZ.png
eswSnrS.png
yQ62HIx.png
Need a Light nest?

Always happy to host for food / junk apparel / Baldwin
materials when I have space!
LOR2.png
Just for reference, my five most expensive dragon purchases:
- 200g: g1 (partially gened aberration) for skin
- 190g: 7-digit
- 100g: triple gem gene coatl, for Stock the Pond
- 60g: triple gem gene coatl, for skin
- 41kt: g1 (ungened noc) for skin

* What factors will make you pay more for a dragon? How much more?
- Already having the genes/breed I want for whatever skin/scry/project I'm doing. (Optional and doesn't usually happen, but it's nice when it does.)
- Oldie: I don't often go oldie shopping, so this is mostly theoretical, but it does influence my thoughts of what a "proper"/"good" price is.
- g1: I don't care about g1 versus g+, but I know a lot of people do, so I wouldn't object if a seller wants to charge extra for g1 status.

"How much more" is a difficult question because most of the time, the dragons I want are 15g or less. I'd be willing to pay more, but it generally doesn't come up.

- "Please do not exalt." I do not want strings attached. If a dragon is no longer sparking joy, it goes.
- Unnamed offspring. I enjoy offspring lists, especially long ones, but I will not buy a dragon with any unnamed or duplicate consecutive names.

Not really. I have a bit of everything.

- AH (bulk buying fodder and possibly impulsively keeping them)
- AH (searching for particular colors/genes)
- dragon search & DMing owners
- mass hatch topics in Dragon Share
Just for reference, my five most expensive dragon purchases:
- 200g: g1 (partially gened aberration) for skin
- 190g: 7-digit
- 100g: triple gem gene coatl, for Stock the Pond
- 60g: triple gem gene coatl, for skin
- 41kt: g1 (ungened noc) for skin

- Already having the genes/breed I want for whatever skin/scry/project I'm doing. (Optional and doesn't usually happen, but it's nice when it does.)
- Oldie: I don't often go oldie shopping, so this is mostly theoretical, but it does influence my thoughts of what a "proper"/"good" price is.
- g1: I don't care about g1 versus g+, but I know a lot of people do, so I wouldn't object if a seller wants to charge extra for g1 status.

"How much more" is a difficult question because most of the time, the dragons I want are 15g or less. I'd be willing to pay more, but it generally doesn't come up.

- "Please do not exalt." I do not want strings attached. If a dragon is no longer sparking joy, it goes.
- Unnamed offspring. I enjoy offspring lists, especially long ones, but I will not buy a dragon with any unnamed or duplicate consecutive names.

Not really. I have a bit of everything.

- AH (bulk buying fodder and possibly impulsively keeping them)
- AH (searching for particular colors/genes)
- dragon search & DMing owners
- mass hatch topics in Dragon Share
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge (Koi Edition)
For buyers:

* What factors will make you pay more for a dragon? How much more? (special ID, G1, rare color combo, etc)
Mostly just colors I enjoy? It's really hard to put into a generic sort of perspective, though G1 / special ID / older dragons definitely hold my interest better.

If they're already bred, or if I have to put a ton of extra work into them (like a non-G1 needing breed/gene scrolls).

* Do you collect any particular types of dragon (G1s, oldies, special IDs, etc)
Oldies and G1s are where I gravitate most lol though I've also gained a soft spot for pure g2 Imps

* Where do you find the dragons you buy? (AH, forums, discord, pinglist, etc)
Mostly just browsing the AH! I'll occasionally look at the sales forums, but it's.... messy to look around in dsjhjldgf
For buyers:

* What factors will make you pay more for a dragon? How much more? (special ID, G1, rare color combo, etc)
Mostly just colors I enjoy? It's really hard to put into a generic sort of perspective, though G1 / special ID / older dragons definitely hold my interest better.

If they're already bred, or if I have to put a ton of extra work into them (like a non-G1 needing breed/gene scrolls).

Oldies and G1s are where I gravitate most lol though I've also gained a soft spot for pure g2 Imps

Mostly just browsing the AH! I'll occasionally look at the sales forums, but it's.... messy to look around in dsjhjldgf
N i c k
"Fear not the night."
→ he/him
dd9d37c13149d4412f933c2662309cbb42245e81.png
The quick answer to the question in the title is: whatever it takes. I don't have any kind of set budget- if I want a dragon, I will pay for it. [emoji=coatl tongue size=1] [quote]* What factors will make you pay more for a dragon? How much more? (special ID, G1, rare color combo, etc)[/quote] The less work I have to do, the more I will pay- I gene most of my dragons up from scratch, working with very specific colour combos. I'll definitely pay more if the final design has gem genes and I don't have to buy those out of pocket. [quote]* What will turn you off of buying a dragon?[/quote] For breeding project dragons (i.e. I'm trying to get an exact colour combo and I'm breeding with a narrow range) there's literally nothing. Just buy it and usually turn it into a plentiful so I can maximize my nests. If it's for a fandragon, I can't really justify having offspring- I'll still buy it though, it'd just be as a parent of the end goal dragon rather than a perma. For a normal dragon in the main lair, offspring with stupid annoying names are a bit of a turnoff but I don't really care that much. 2/3 of my progens' first nest are unnamed, so I've learned to be flexible about that stuff. [quote]* Do you collect any particular types of dragon (G1s, oldies, special IDs, etc)[/quote] Nah not really. My taste is extremely variable. Oldies are neat but I'm happy enough with my single five-digit. I don't care about G1s or special IDs, hatch dates, etc. It's always about the colour combo for me! [quote]* Where do you find the dragons you buy? (AH, forums, discord, pinglist, etc)[/quote] I buy off the AH when possible, but a lot of it is by messaging players directly. It's easier if they have notes about which dragons in their lair/hibden are up for offer or completely off limits, if they don't want private messages, if fodder is a fixed price, etc. etc.
The quick answer to the question in the title is: whatever it takes. I don't have any kind of set budget- if I want a dragon, I will pay for it.
Quote:
The less work I have to do, the more I will pay- I gene most of my dragons up from scratch, working with very specific colour combos. I'll definitely pay more if the final design has gem genes and I don't have to buy those out of pocket.

Quote:
For breeding project dragons (i.e. I'm trying to get an exact colour combo and I'm breeding with a narrow range) there's literally nothing. Just buy it and usually turn it into a plentiful so I can maximize my nests.

If it's for a fandragon, I can't really justify having offspring- I'll still buy it though, it'd just be as a parent of the end goal dragon rather than a perma. For a normal dragon in the main lair, offspring with stupid annoying names are a bit of a turnoff but I don't really care that much. 2/3 of my progens' first nest are unnamed, so I've learned to be flexible about that stuff.

Quote:
Nah not really. My taste is extremely variable. Oldies are neat but I'm happy enough with my single five-digit. I don't care about G1s or special IDs, hatch dates, etc. It's always about the colour combo for me!

Quote:
I buy off the AH when possible, but a lot of it is by messaging players directly. It's easier if they have notes about which dragons in their lair/hibden are up for offer or completely off limits, if they don't want private messages, if fodder is a fixed price, etc. etc.
M i s s A r i #29593
windie at heart | familiar collector | master of trades
A pixel adoptable of an Aqua/Rose Skydancer from Wind flight. She is wearing pearly jewellery and pink arm silks.
If there is a dragon that fits what I'm looking for when it comes to something important, like some dragons I currently have to remember pets that have passed... then the price doesnt matter.
Even if the person selling them took them down from the AH just before I could buy them and relisted them for 500x the price. I will be buying that dragon. I wont be stopped.
Usually I look for: Gender, date of birth and colors (colors can be within a certain range.)
I can deal with breed, genes and apparel myself so they are less important.
Just depends on how important it is to me.
If it's not something like a memorial dragon, then I'll hold out for years (or just never buy it) until I decide I'm getting a good deal.
If there is a dragon that fits what I'm looking for when it comes to something important, like some dragons I currently have to remember pets that have passed... then the price doesnt matter.
Even if the person selling them took them down from the AH just before I could buy them and relisted them for 500x the price. I will be buying that dragon. I wont be stopped.
Usually I look for: Gender, date of birth and colors (colors can be within a certain range.)
I can deal with breed, genes and apparel myself so they are less important.
Just depends on how important it is to me.
If it's not something like a memorial dragon, then I'll hold out for years (or just never buy it) until I decide I'm getting a good deal.
TOW2n3q.png
It is a mystery.
The dragon being a G1, over six years old, or both. If I see a dragon I feel drawn to for whatever reason, and they have those criteria, I'm willing to go dangerously near 1000 kt/g, but that's rare by itself, since lately, my dragon purchases have been mostly incidental. I'm just as likely to buy a fodder dragon and make it a perma as I am to do the same with an unbred 5+ y/o G1.

1. The prize - just because I'm willing to shill out a lot of money for a dragon I saw on the AH and can't stop thinking about, doesn't mean I'm going to do it every time.

2. I don't find XXX/XXY dragons good-looking. I dislike the "splotch of color" look that matchy dragons tend to have, so I heavily prefer XYZ where the colors just... feel nice together. I don't mind XYX, I basically need the wings and the body to be separate. Exceptions apply etc

Not really. I tend to prioritize G1s and oldies right now, but my lair is also full of fodder rescues I made into permas alongside those, so it's not a rule.

As weird as it sounds, I pick dragons based on ~vibes~ (and earthy colors yay). All of my permas are slowly becoming a part of a lore lair, so a dragon has to appeal to me as a character. Idk if it makes sense, it's 3 am where I live and I may or may not be falling asleep as we speak.

The Auction House most of the time. When I look through people's lairs (mostly to read lore), I check out their sales/fodder tab if they have one. I also sometimes look into my flight's sales forum. The general sales one is a bit overwhelming, so I need to prepare myself to browse that one lol.
It is a mystery.
The dragon being a G1, over six years old, or both. If I see a dragon I feel drawn to for whatever reason, and they have those criteria, I'm willing to go dangerously near 1000 kt/g, but that's rare by itself, since lately, my dragon purchases have been mostly incidental. I'm just as likely to buy a fodder dragon and make it a perma as I am to do the same with an unbred 5+ y/o G1.

1. The prize - just because I'm willing to shill out a lot of money for a dragon I saw on the AH and can't stop thinking about, doesn't mean I'm going to do it every time.

2. I don't find XXX/XXY dragons good-looking. I dislike the "splotch of color" look that matchy dragons tend to have, so I heavily prefer XYZ where the colors just... feel nice together. I don't mind XYX, I basically need the wings and the body to be separate. Exceptions apply etc

Not really. I tend to prioritize G1s and oldies right now, but my lair is also full of fodder rescues I made into permas alongside those, so it's not a rule.

As weird as it sounds, I pick dragons based on ~vibes~ (and earthy colors yay). All of my permas are slowly becoming a part of a lore lair, so a dragon has to appeal to me as a character. Idk if it makes sense, it's 3 am where I live and I may or may not be falling asleep as we speak.

The Auction House most of the time. When I look through people's lairs (mostly to read lore), I check out their sales/fodder tab if they have one. I also sometimes look into my flight's sales forum. The general sales one is a bit overwhelming, so I need to prepare myself to browse that one lol.
There will be something here. Eventually.
[b]-What factors will make you pay more for a dragon? How much more? (special ID, G1, rare color combo, etc)[/b] Not sure. usually i just buy the dragon as the owner priced them. if they're a primal i suppose? [b]-What will turn you off of buying a dragon?[/b] if they're too expensive! though, due to being a bit of a cheapsake, my standard of "expensive" is... rather low. 30g?! forget it man! (that said, all sense usually goes out of the window if they're a primal. i bought this one for 66g... i was supposed to be saving for a coatl breed change....) [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/94655465][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/946555/94655465.png[/img][/url] [b]-Do you collect any particular types of dragon (G1s, oldies, special IDs, etc)[/b] i collect... food dragons! i don't know why but i like dragons that look like food. due to my collecting type being niche, I end up finding a lot of dergs that fit the category... unfortunately for my lair space! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/93416823][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/934169/93416823.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/lair/701274][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/928137/92813696.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/93929196][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/939292/93929196.png[/img][/url] [b]-Where do you find the dragons you buy? (AH, forums, discord, pinglist, etc)[/b] usually on Auction House... sometimes on forums too!
-What factors will make you pay more for a dragon? How much more? (special ID, G1, rare color combo, etc)
Not sure. usually i just buy the dragon as the owner priced them. if they're a primal i suppose?
-What will turn you off of buying a dragon?
if they're too expensive! though, due to being a bit of a cheapsake, my standard of "expensive" is... rather low. 30g?! forget it man!
(that said, all sense usually goes out of the window if they're a primal. i bought this one for 66g... i was supposed to be saving for a coatl breed change....)
94655465.png
-Do you collect any particular types of dragon (G1s, oldies, special IDs, etc)
i collect... food dragons! i don't know why but i like dragons that look like food. due to my collecting type being niche, I end up finding a lot of dergs that fit the category... unfortunately for my lair space!
93416823.png 92813696.png 93929196.png
-Where do you find the dragons you buy? (AH, forums, discord, pinglist, etc)
usually on Auction House... sometimes on forums too!
I cooka da pizza!
He/She
Xk4COBJ.png
Part of a lineage project, has lore/art, sometimes a special birthday. Also if they're levelled, I'm willing to pay more

Radioactive. Also if I'm in a hatchery and they put a massive post of breeding pairs before I can see what's on sale, chances are I'm just going to leave and go somewhere else.

As for a price point, my cut off is usually around 150g/kt unless there's something special (lore, art, is levelled, etc. something physically added to the dragon that would make it worth more)

Not really

* Where do you find the dragons you buy? (AH, forums, discord, pinglist, etc) Primarily the forums, sometimes the AH. If I find a hatchery I like but they don't have the pair I want in stock, I'll join a pinglist for when they do
Part of a lineage project, has lore/art, sometimes a special birthday. Also if they're levelled, I'm willing to pay more

Radioactive. Also if I'm in a hatchery and they put a massive post of breeding pairs before I can see what's on sale, chances are I'm just going to leave and go somewhere else.

As for a price point, my cut off is usually around 150g/kt unless there's something special (lore, art, is levelled, etc. something physically added to the dragon that would make it worth more)

Not really

* Where do you find the dragons you buy? (AH, forums, discord, pinglist, etc) Primarily the forums, sometimes the AH. If I find a hatchery I like but they don't have the pair I want in stock, I'll join a pinglist for when they do
A digital art drawing of a blue furred tundra. He has a blue and gold magician's hat, a silver star earring and silver and blue wingdrapes. The background has a space pattern, also in blue.

If I want them. Unpredictable.

When someone with a ton of money keeps bidding so I need to take my F.

G1s and whatever Imp I like

Anywhere, it just happens and it happens too frequently

If I want them. Unpredictable.

When someone with a ton of money keeps bidding so I need to take my F.

G1s and whatever Imp I like

Anywhere, it just happens and it happens too frequently
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
For buyers:

ill pay more for gen ones but mostly just because they go for more. if I like a dragon it's usually based on colors or gene potential; I don't mind buying non-gen1s to regene! if something matches what colors I want perfectly, ill pay more for it. occasionally I will get struck by a random dragon just as it is and buy it even if its more than id usually pay.

sometimes I want dragons hatched on specific dates, and those id consider paying more for too! especially if it's longer ago

I personally don't care about prewritten lore; it's fun, but not more likely to make me buy the dragon. I know a lot of people are into it though! I think writing is art that should be paid for, im just not the target demographic. so if a derg has a higher price for that reason ill look elsewhere

I like gen 1s but I don't collect any particular variety of them, just whatever I take a liking to!

usually AH or dragon search! very rarely I will look into hatcheries
For buyers:

ill pay more for gen ones but mostly just because they go for more. if I like a dragon it's usually based on colors or gene potential; I don't mind buying non-gen1s to regene! if something matches what colors I want perfectly, ill pay more for it. occasionally I will get struck by a random dragon just as it is and buy it even if its more than id usually pay.

sometimes I want dragons hatched on specific dates, and those id consider paying more for too! especially if it's longer ago

I personally don't care about prewritten lore; it's fun, but not more likely to make me buy the dragon. I know a lot of people are into it though! I think writing is art that should be paid for, im just not the target demographic. so if a derg has a higher price for that reason ill look elsewhere

I like gen 1s but I don't collect any particular variety of them, just whatever I take a liking to!

usually AH or dragon search! very rarely I will look into hatcheries
Pale Pink Rose
+2 hours, she/her :)
there is no 'r' in my user!
accent shop
wishlist
ISO aug 26 2023 hatches