Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Exalt Lair Inquiries...
1 2 3 4 5 6
I use my exalt cash for UMAs and for dragon projects; which usually end up being fandragons or on the rare occasion g1s.

I keep meaning to save up for another lair expansion but I either don't have the funds needed with enough "cushion" to give myself some pocket change afterwards or I forget to when Light has dom because I refuse to expand my lair otherwise. Call me a cheapskate, I guess
I use my exalt cash for UMAs and for dragon projects; which usually end up being fandragons or on the rare occasion g1s.

I keep meaning to save up for another lair expansion but I either don't have the funds needed with enough "cushion" to give myself some pocket change afterwards or I forget to when Light has dom because I refuse to expand my lair otherwise. Call me a cheapskate, I guess
Elsie | She / they|
I have a wishlist / trading thread! x
7J1Hgbi.pngYya65zH.pngy6Tz96p.png
I didn't expect this to blow up like it has!

I haven't quite gotten used to Coliseum yet but I'd maybe like to dip my toes into Exalting for extra cash. How would y'all recommend getting started? I have a nearly level 25 Coli team.

I haven't quite gotten used to Coliseum yet but I'd maybe like to dip my toes into Exalting for extra cash. How would y'all recommend getting started? I have a nearly level 25 Coli team.
[quote name="WishGraanted" date="2024-05-18 19:47:45" ] I didn't expect this to blow up like it has! I haven't quite gotten used to Coliseum yet but I'd maybe like to dip my toes into Exalting for extra cash. How would y'all recommend getting started? I have a nearly level 25 Coli team. [/quote] @WishGraanted If you're looking to get into exalting for some extra funds or to support your flight's dominance efforts, I highly recommend [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1344211/14]Maki's coli build guides[/url]. You only need one properly statted level 25 trainer to start being able to train fodder easily. The Mire, Ghostlight Ruins, and Harpy's Roost are all popular solo trainer venues, with The Mire being the most efficient. With a Mire Flyer, you can train 2 fodder at once and get to level 6-7 in a few minutes. I also recommend setting your coliseum settings to keyboard shortcuts: it really helps reduce wrist strain. With practice, you'll have a sequence of keys in your muscle memory in no time! As for your original question for this thread, I have an exalt lair banner on my profile mainly to signal to folks that I'm heavily involved in dom, so if I picked up your dragon on the fodder floor of the AH, it's almost certainly being saved for a future push. I use my profits to fund my gene projects and UMA habit. Earlier on, I focused on using my profits for lair expansions, which got me to my current status as a maxed out lair. More space for more dragon projects and more fodder storage for future profits. I also just enjoy getting to participate in dom events held by all flights, getting chances at raffles and collecting different badges.
WishGraanted wrote on 2024-05-18 19:47:45:

@WishGraanted If you're looking to get into exalting for some extra funds or to support your flight's dominance efforts, I highly recommend Maki's coli build guides. You only need one properly statted level 25 trainer to start being able to train fodder easily. The Mire, Ghostlight Ruins, and Harpy's Roost are all popular solo trainer venues, with The Mire being the most efficient. With a Mire Flyer, you can train 2 fodder at once and get to level 6-7 in a few minutes.

I also recommend setting your coliseum settings to keyboard shortcuts: it really helps reduce wrist strain. With practice, you'll have a sequence of keys in your muscle memory in no time!

As for your original question for this thread, I have an exalt lair banner on my profile mainly to signal to folks that I'm heavily involved in dom, so if I picked up your dragon on the fodder floor of the AH, it's almost certainly being saved for a future push. I use my profits to fund my gene projects and UMA habit. Earlier on, I focused on using my profits for lair expansions, which got me to my current status as a maxed out lair. More space for more dragon projects and more fodder storage for future profits. I also just enjoy getting to participate in dom events held by all flights, getting chances at raffles and collecting different badges.
Divider by dreamingcity _Pixel of Cathartes by Quintillion_ ____
Divider by dreamingcity
_
vortexbreakdown
Lightning Dom Lead
FR+2 | she/her
wishlist | lore | avatar

______Trinket bottle by Amariel
almost all of it goes to art!!! the rest goes to the occasional lair expansion to get more fodder, or buying eggs :>
almost all of it goes to art!!! the rest goes to the occasional lair expansion to get more fodder, or buying eggs :>
Genes and lair expansions !!
Genes and lair expansions !!
CLljvdp.png
My exalting T and G go towards a variety of things (in no order):
1. Skins/Accents
2. Marketplace familiars
3. Acquiring old dragons (particularly with 5/6/7 digits)
4. Helping out the Iron Trove so Earth has plenty of stuff when Dom time comes around.
My exalting T and G go towards a variety of things (in no order):
1. Skins/Accents
2. Marketplace familiars
3. Acquiring old dragons (particularly with 5/6/7 digits)
4. Helping out the Iron Trove so Earth has plenty of stuff when Dom time comes around.
earthanim1.gif
Breeding projects. The ability to save scries has turned my lair from a dom-heavy exalt-for-the-purpose-of-hoarding-cash to light dom activity but exalt just as much because I have impossible gene/color combos to create.
Breeding projects. The ability to save scries has turned my lair from a dom-heavy exalt-for-the-purpose-of-hoarding-cash to light dom activity but exalt just as much because I have impossible gene/color combos to create.
shatterstone_smol_by_banjoker-dciyd3s.png
Whatever I want, I guess? Lair expansions, hibden expansions, expensive things for other hibden expansions, apparel I learn about and want, familiars, Joxar chests, fest accents/skins, pretty dragons, permababy scrolls, permababies... I don't have plans. It's better to have money before I stumble upon something I like than to not. Plus training in Coliseum can be done while I'm farming for stuff I want there-- Golem Workshop familiars being expensive was a major reason I got my team together way back when.

As far as how to start in Coli, there's definitely a lot of build guides to help you out! Get a solo trainer or pair of trainers, or better yet, see if your flight has lending programs so you can try out different builds before committing to one. Tinctures are kinda expensive. I've asked several times to borrow dragons for Coli from others who are happy to lend them and in the end found a build I never would've thought of initially for my fourth guy and one I absolutely love to work for with another in my lair.
Whatever I want, I guess? Lair expansions, hibden expansions, expensive things for other hibden expansions, apparel I learn about and want, familiars, Joxar chests, fest accents/skins, pretty dragons, permababy scrolls, permababies... I don't have plans. It's better to have money before I stumble upon something I like than to not. Plus training in Coliseum can be done while I'm farming for stuff I want there-- Golem Workshop familiars being expensive was a major reason I got my team together way back when.

As far as how to start in Coli, there's definitely a lot of build guides to help you out! Get a solo trainer or pair of trainers, or better yet, see if your flight has lending programs so you can try out different builds before committing to one. Tinctures are kinda expensive. I've asked several times to borrow dragons for Coli from others who are happy to lend them and in the end found a build I never would've thought of initially for my fourth guy and one I absolutely love to work for with another in my lair.
psd5o6h.jpg
@vortexbreakdown I play on mobile, and my friend helped me set up what I have currently for my Coli team (they're not finished yet lol.) Does that make any difference? These are my team members: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/54303231][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/543033/54303231_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/75259860][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/752599/75259860_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/76693273][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/766933/76693273_350.png[/img][/url]
@vortexbreakdown I play on mobile, and my friend helped me set up what I have currently for my Coli team (they're not finished yet lol.) Does that make any difference? These are my team members:

54303231_350.png

75259860_350.png

76693273_350.png

I'm kind a 'slow and steady' kinda player, so I try to train + exalt 10ish fodder a day. At the moment my funds are split between a few things!
- Lair Expansions
- Fest skins
- The 'treasure in vault achievements'
- Gene projects

I'm often saving my lair expansions and gene projects for whenever wind has dominance ^^
I'm kind a 'slow and steady' kinda player, so I try to train + exalt 10ish fodder a day. At the moment my funds are split between a few things!
- Lair Expansions
- Fest skins
- The 'treasure in vault achievements'
- Gene projects

I'm often saving my lair expansions and gene projects for whenever wind has dominance ^^
1 2 3 4 5 6