Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Closed - Do not reply
a much lighter example but this guy was supposed to be named "Randy" after an OC of mine before it told me I couldn't name him that. very unfortunate that it's sexual slang in addition to being an actual name but c'mon you can trust me with this name I prommy
a much lighter example but this guy was supposed to be named "Randy" after an OC of mine before it told me I couldn't name him that. very unfortunate that it's sexual slang in addition to being an actual name but c'mon you can trust me with this name I prommy
When it comes to some names (like the Kim example in here) it really comes down to a few bad actors ruining it for everyone. If a few people aren't going to behave it's easier to just take it right out of their hands, after all. As for me, I'm a fan of mad science tropes and Frankenstein type stuff, so I've found that there are several chemical compounds that are banned. Understandable as to why they are in retrospect, since I know what they can do or are otherwise associated with. I was a little surprised to see they weren't allowed though! For names that I actually have, it's just a two letter. I didn't even know two letters were an issue at the time, I was just naming him JT after the psychonauts character! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/34244603][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/342447/34244603_350.png[/img][/url]
When it comes to some names (like the Kim example in here) it really comes down to a few bad actors ruining it for everyone. If a few people aren't going to behave it's easier to just take it right out of their hands, after all.

As for me, I'm a fan of mad science tropes and Frankenstein type stuff, so I've found that there are several chemical compounds that are banned. Understandable as to why they are in retrospect, since I know what they can do or are otherwise associated with. I was a little surprised to see they weren't allowed though!

For names that I actually have, it's just a two letter. I didn't even know two letters were an issue at the time, I was just naming him JT after the psychonauts character!
34244603_350.png
f0fd1aee68aedd2d14eb6a05d800ce8f9c4688cc.png
I need to find an alternate name for my Rainbow Dash fandragon because that name has been unfortunately banned. I get why, but also I really doubt that is most people's first connection to make
I need to find an alternate name for my Rainbow Dash fandragon because that name has been unfortunately banned. I get why, but also I really doubt that is most people's first connection to make
OvgrUjj.png
@Bowsham They got me :(
@Bowsham They got me :(
tLDem3l.png
Now I will never know what the dragon's name was...
Now I will never know what the dragon's name was...
deity_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dabusrb.gif Clan Duneberry ~ Faithful disciple of Nature
I obsess over pretty dragons and scarves. A unique relationship with Lightning, the word 'storm' carries great weight in my clan. Feel free to come visit me and request services! I am an avid writer, dragon lover, and analyzer. Message for anything you need~

Stormy ~ FR +3 ~ She || PWYW Dragon/Animal Art Shop - Evee's Humanoid Art Shop
@Adorabell @Natron so funny thing about Kek, it originated from WoW. When in different alliances, if you try to speak to another player the game will "translate" it. So "LOL" became "KEK"

I think it's because of Pepe the Frog, which was also never inherently bad, but it was adopted by 4chan pretty quickly... but kek itself isn't bad at all which is weird as to why it's banned
@Adorabell @Natron so funny thing about Kek, it originated from WoW. When in different alliances, if you try to speak to another player the game will "translate" it. So "LOL" became "KEK"

I think it's because of Pepe the Frog, which was also never inherently bad, but it was adopted by 4chan pretty quickly... but kek itself isn't bad at all which is weird as to why it's banned
bopkvX7.png6uOrxEk.pnglPoxjfq.pngI90HedT.png4BDFKZ4.png
[quote name="Adorabell" date="2024-05-02 11:59:27" ] @/Bowsham They got me :( [/quote] Bro what?? Staff changed your dragons name because you [i]shared[/i] it publicly?? That is completely unacceptable on the staff member's end. They should not be able to do that, especially if it wasn't banned before being named that. Not to mention the fact it was ONLY your dragon.
Adorabell wrote on 2024-05-02 11:59:27:
@/Bowsham They got me :(

Bro what?? Staff changed your dragons name because you shared it publicly?? That is completely unacceptable on the staff member's end. They should not be able to do that, especially if it wasn't banned before being named that.

Not to mention the fact it was ONLY your dragon.

Dont be afraid to @ me! I dont bite
xYtMvtp.png
if a dragon's name is against the rules then it should be changed? not sure how there is any pushback against that. there are kids on this site. if i see a dragon named something profane then i do report it. staff aren't omnipresent, they can't predict every gross thing you're going to name a dragon and every little change you'll make to get around the rules.
if a dragon's name is against the rules then it should be changed? not sure how there is any pushback against that. there are kids on this site. if i see a dragon named something profane then i do report it. staff aren't omnipresent, they can't predict every gross thing you're going to name a dragon and every little change you'll make to get around the rules.
g7boK5H.pngZ56llRE.pngnmpR0ff.png
[quote name="Adorabell" date="2024-05-02 09:11:52" ] But again, I am not questioning the rules of FR. [/quote] [quote name="Adorabell" date="2024-05-02 09:17:33" ] I don't want to go against their policies despite the potential debate here - I understand there must be lots of complicated nuances to these rules. [/quote] @Kuroikumo This thread started out as just a fun experiment. Again, I value the rules put in place by FR to maintain safety. However, not every banned name is made because it's profanity.
Adorabell wrote on 2024-05-02 09:11:52:
But again, I am not questioning the rules of FR.
Adorabell wrote on 2024-05-02 09:17:33:
I don't want to go against their policies despite the potential debate here - I understand there must be lots of complicated nuances to these rules.

@Kuroikumo
This thread started out as just a fun experiment. Again, I value the rules put in place by FR to maintain safety.
However, not every banned name is made because it's profanity.
tLDem3l.png
[quote name="@Kuroikumo" date="2024-05-02 13:25:36" ] if a dragon's name is against the rules then it should be changed? not sure how there is any pushback against that. there are kids on this site. if i see a dragon named something profane then i do report it. staff aren't omnipresent, they can't predict every gross thing you're going to name a dragon and every little change you'll make to get around the rules. [/quote] Its the fact that it was named before the word was banned AND it was only OP's lair that was affected. It was the word "Slur", that was the dragon's name. No ill will was intended, OP collected dragons that have names like that because it was interesting. To my knowledge as well, they need to buy a renaming scroll to rename the dragon. Yes, its only 6kt, but seriously??? Not to mention I have seen a dragon called something that is an abbrieviation for a racial slur. The same for a familliar name too that I have seen. I have reported it several times but still so response! [b]EDIT:[/b] Apologies to OP, I got sniped by you before posting this. I wont speak any further.
@Kuroikumo wrote on 2024-05-02 13:25:36:

Its the fact that it was named before the word was banned AND it was only OP's lair that was affected. It was the word "Slur", that was the dragon's name. No ill will was intended, OP collected dragons that have names like that because it was interesting.

To my knowledge as well, they need to buy a renaming scroll to rename the dragon. Yes, its only 6kt, but seriously???

Not to mention I have seen a dragon called something that is an abbrieviation for a racial slur. The same for a familliar name too that I have seen. I have reported it several times but still so response!

EDIT: Apologies to OP, I got sniped by you before posting this. I wont speak any further.

Dont be afraid to @ me! I dont bite
xYtMvtp.png