Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Why do you think we get less apparel?
1 2 3 4
i've been critical about the pace that ancients have been releasing because despite staff saying that ancients don't impact other content releases its apparent that updates past new breeds and new genes have genuinely been getting sparser so that makes me wonder what's going on. there's still one more modern that's been worked on since before coatls were released (the cape image that i don't have on hand) and i've seen other users say the lack of apparel lately is because staff finally wants to get that breed out which would make sense but is still sad because a lot of users weren't thrilled that ff would be losing that extra apparel release. but i dunno what do you guys think? is there a secret third option? the lack of apparel releases has me super bummed and i'd love to see more variety in updates return but i've said my peace on that already.
i've been critical about the pace that ancients have been releasing because despite staff saying that ancients don't impact other content releases its apparent that updates past new breeds and new genes have genuinely been getting sparser so that makes me wonder what's going on. there's still one more modern that's been worked on since before coatls were released (the cape image that i don't have on hand) and i've seen other users say the lack of apparel lately is because staff finally wants to get that breed out which would make sense but is still sad because a lot of users weren't thrilled that ff would be losing that extra apparel release. but i dunno what do you guys think? is there a secret third option? the lack of apparel releases has me super bummed and i'd love to see more variety in updates return but i've said my peace on that already.
golden line with blue and white pearls and diamonds
I also wish there was more focus on apparel releases. Apparel is one of my favorite things on here. My personal wish/pipe dream is for them to cut down ancient releases to one a year and put the extra artist hours into apparel instead.
I also wish there was more focus on apparel releases. Apparel is one of my favorite things on here. My personal wish/pipe dream is for them to cut down ancient releases to one a year and put the extra artist hours into apparel instead.
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
secret third option: new breeds and genes make money. regardless of personal opinions, they make money bc of gem sales. more of those means more money. though it could also be that they don't have ideas or want to make more apparel than they are right now. it could be any number of things thh
secret third option: new breeds and genes make money. regardless of personal opinions, they make money bc of gem sales. more of those means more money. though it could also be that they don't have ideas or want to make more apparel than they are right now. it could be any number of things thh
I respect that some people enjoy new ancient breeds and line-breaking genes they bring in, but I prefer modern dragons mainly because they can be dressed, which means they are more customizable and the result has way more character.

I would be happy if we got more apparel (and getting less ancients wouldn't affect me personally), again, it allows to further customize existing dragons.

Maybe getting new sets of accompanying apparel when new ancient breeds are released would be one way to solve this problem, like it was with familiars that accompanied new breed releases. For example, pieces that are inspired by new tertiaries (think getting apparel with flowering branches when Veilspun were released, like Branches gene, which used to be exclusive to them).

That would be a bit counterintuitive since ancients can't wear apparel, but I really don't think there is a way to keep absolutely everyone happy, if we include the FR team who deserve rest and reasonable working hours, too.
I respect that some people enjoy new ancient breeds and line-breaking genes they bring in, but I prefer modern dragons mainly because they can be dressed, which means they are more customizable and the result has way more character.

I would be happy if we got more apparel (and getting less ancients wouldn't affect me personally), again, it allows to further customize existing dragons.

Maybe getting new sets of accompanying apparel when new ancient breeds are released would be one way to solve this problem, like it was with familiars that accompanied new breed releases. For example, pieces that are inspired by new tertiaries (think getting apparel with flowering branches when Veilspun were released, like Branches gene, which used to be exclusive to them).

That would be a bit counterintuitive since ancients can't wear apparel, but I really don't think there is a way to keep absolutely everyone happy, if we include the FR team who deserve rest and reasonable working hours, too.
.....uQzj9nj.png....... .. .......
He/Him
+10 FR time

Badges
..... ......uQzj9nj.png
I agree that there seems to be more of a lean towards Ancients/Genes lately - not that its a bad thing inherently, as it generates money for the site.

However, I do wish there was more of a balance between releases as you noted. Apparel, familiars and honestly? more focus on the issues that having so many breeds/genes causes (gene bloat) - scrying dragons on mobile is a nightmare, and its only getting worse the more they add.

I like Ancients, I like new genes, but I'd not suffer for having less of them and more balance in adding apparel/familiars etc.
I agree that there seems to be more of a lean towards Ancients/Genes lately - not that its a bad thing inherently, as it generates money for the site.

However, I do wish there was more of a balance between releases as you noted. Apparel, familiars and honestly? more focus on the issues that having so many breeds/genes causes (gene bloat) - scrying dragons on mobile is a nightmare, and its only getting worse the more they add.

I like Ancients, I like new genes, but I'd not suffer for having less of them and more balance in adding apparel/familiars etc.
972ee6408be03363898b64bb29e640034b1310b4.png7667dd2c536ecd719b369737ff16de5f7adb05d1.pnge6cfb360af67b7bc3881ae209414f2ca128d5b19.png
Honestly. I want the Wind and Light ancients to be the last of the ancient dragons. Modern breeds could be released and updated regularly with apparel appearances. But I really want more apparel. It's bit frustrating to have a certain look planed for a dragon and not have the right clothing to get that look across.
Honestly. I want the Wind and Light ancients to be the last of the ancient dragons. Modern breeds could be released and updated regularly with apparel appearances. But I really want more apparel. It's bit frustrating to have a certain look planed for a dragon and not have the right clothing to get that look across.
FeIiZnO.png
Honestly, the less apparel they release the faster the next modern gets done which is completely fine with me. Once all the flights have two modern breeds they can go ham on apparel but getting the flights with only one modern on par with the others is more important in my book.

Also the art teams for dragons and apparel are completely different from what I remember. Neither impacts or takes away from the other.
Honestly, the less apparel they release the faster the next modern gets done which is completely fine with me. Once all the flights have two modern breeds they can go ham on apparel but getting the flights with only one modern on par with the others is more important in my book.

Also the art teams for dragons and apparel are completely different from what I remember. Neither impacts or takes away from the other.
natureshieldl.png NIJBYPt.png uRC0U7k.png NIJBYPt.png natureshieldr.png
@firenyx45 personally i don't like the finances talk (as in i don't want to participate im not saying you can't bring it up) but a gem gene even for ancients does tend to blow past any costs of gem apparel. not sure how many people buy the bundles but that would add up over time even still, especially since gem recolors are quite common. unless im not remembering right every marketplace apparel release does have a gem recolor right?

@Resolve that'd be an interesting idea though the comments about being confused why ancients can't wear apparel might go up, even a single item with no recolors could be fun. personally i make comments like this because i feel like the balance in content is super askew, i won't like every update and every apparel especially but at the moment i'll welcome any variety. site artists do wear many hats, we get gene releases from the same artists who draw familiars.
@firenyx45 personally i don't like the finances talk (as in i don't want to participate im not saying you can't bring it up) but a gem gene even for ancients does tend to blow past any costs of gem apparel. not sure how many people buy the bundles but that would add up over time even still, especially since gem recolors are quite common. unless im not remembering right every marketplace apparel release does have a gem recolor right?

@Resolve that'd be an interesting idea though the comments about being confused why ancients can't wear apparel might go up, even a single item with no recolors could be fun. personally i make comments like this because i feel like the balance in content is super askew, i won't like every update and every apparel especially but at the moment i'll welcome any variety. site artists do wear many hats, we get gene releases from the same artists who draw familiars.
golden line with blue and white pearls and diamonds
It's probably the modern(s?) in the works. Less new apparel means that they can focus on the backlog of already existing apparel for it, and hopefully therefore release it sooner?
It's probably the modern(s?) in the works. Less new apparel means that they can focus on the backlog of already existing apparel for it, and hopefully therefore release it sooner?
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
I actually don't mind the less new apparel thing, as I think there are plenty of them already. Sure, I love when there is a new one, but I won't complain if the releases are rarer than before.
I actually don't mind the less new apparel thing, as I think there are plenty of them already. Sure, I love when there is a new one, but I won't complain if the releases are rarer than before.
Your Friendly Neighbor
he / him | artist | +9h to FR time

> Elemental Dragons
> Travel Log
> Free Adoptable Bases
Ayz7edx.png
1 2 3 4