Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [MJ24] - Mistral Meals (Closed!)
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 23 24
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/53785539][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/537856/53785539_350.png[/img][/url] [B][i]Day 6[/i][/b] Millie watched with interest as today's host ran up late. His presentation was hasty, and it really felt like [i]something[/i] was going on. However it did not seem to have anything to do with the contest or her, so she pushed it out of her mind. With the ingredients announced, she headed off to her station. These certainly were dubious… [I]Incorporeal dinner, a whole turkey that was significantly less than filling. However, it sure did have a flavour. Fallout whispers, little butterflies. They had a neat effect on the tongue, kinda like the stonewatch scrub. Black sea nettles were a pain to prepare, but where there's a fish there's a way! Dodgy mushrooms sure lived up to their name. Everything Millie had learned about gathering set off alarm bells looking at this thing. However if the judges were handing it out, it was probably safe to consume…[/i] Without thinking too far ahead, Millie pulled out a pot and started water boiling. Once it was beginning to bubble she added in the sea nettles. Hot water took out the sting, leaving tasty fish- and useful broth! Not knowing if this would work, she dumped in the incorporeal dinner with the nettles. It, somewhat predictably, sank to the bottom of the pot, not moving in the convection currents at all. However, it didn't take long for a strange blue tint to grow in the water. Satisfied, Millie contemplated the mushrooms and fallout whispers. She could make a soup, starring the mushrooms. However, maybe this was better as a drink. She couldn't be sure without nosing around other people's stations, but she thought this might be a unique take. She ran with it, chopping up the mushrooms and tossing them into the pot to add to the bubbling liquid. Now there were just the insects. While she could add them to the tea, she wasn't sure if their fun property would transfer. Instead she hurried off to the pantry to grab some baking staples: flour, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and butter among other things. She creamed the sugar and butter then added other ingredients in proportion to make a stiff sugar cookie dough. She ground up the butterflies and added them in with the dry ingredients. They gave the mixture a lovely pink hue. Once the cookie were formed and on a pan baking in the oven, she tasted the tea. It was… certainly something. She strained out the mushrooms and nettles, but left in the ethereal poultry. There was the hint of something odd, and she hoped it would grow stronger if it steeped longer. To keep it company she tossed in sticks of cinnamon, star anise, and some ground nutmeg. After further consideration, cloves, ginger, and cardamom joined the brew. The cookies were beginning to smell incredible so she checked in on them. After deeming them done, she let them cool on a rack. She tasted the tea again and was fairly pleased, all things considered. The savory elements paired well with the rich spices. It was perhaps more broth than tea, but it certainly wouldn't pair [i]badly[/i] with cookies. She took her work over to the hosts, a large tray with the plate of cookies and several mugs of the tea. She also brought along some sugar with spoons and a small pitcher of milk, just in case. She set it before them, “Here we have fallout whisper sugar cookies. And over here is the, uh, tea. It's got a warm blend of spices, and then uses the other three ingredients. Hopefully a bit of all their flavors shine through. There's milk and sugar if you need to make it more… palatable,” she gave an awkward smile. Hopefully they enjoyed it and didn't see this as a cop out.
53785539_350.png
Day 6
Millie watched with interest as today's host ran up late. His presentation was hasty, and it really felt like something was going on. However it did not seem to have anything to do with the contest or her, so she pushed it out of her mind. With the ingredients announced, she headed off to her station. These certainly were dubious…
Incorporeal dinner, a whole turkey that was significantly less than filling. However, it sure did have a flavour.
Fallout whispers, little butterflies. They had a neat effect on the tongue, kinda like the stonewatch scrub.
Black sea nettles were a pain to prepare, but where there's a fish there's a way!
Dodgy mushrooms sure lived up to their name. Everything Millie had learned about gathering set off alarm bells looking at this thing. However if the judges were handing it out, it was probably safe to consume…

Without thinking too far ahead, Millie pulled out a pot and started water boiling. Once it was beginning to bubble she added in the sea nettles. Hot water took out the sting, leaving tasty fish- and useful broth!
Not knowing if this would work, she dumped in the incorporeal dinner with the nettles. It, somewhat predictably, sank to the bottom of the pot, not moving in the convection currents at all. However, it didn't take long for a strange blue tint to grow in the water.
Satisfied, Millie contemplated the mushrooms and fallout whispers. She could make a soup, starring the mushrooms. However, maybe this was better as a drink. She couldn't be sure without nosing around other people's stations, but she thought this might be a unique take.
She ran with it, chopping up the mushrooms and tossing them into the pot to add to the bubbling liquid. Now there were just the insects. While she could add them to the tea, she wasn't sure if their fun property would transfer.
Instead she hurried off to the pantry to grab some baking staples: flour, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and butter among other things. She creamed the sugar and butter then added other ingredients in proportion to make a stiff sugar cookie dough. She ground up the butterflies and added them in with the dry ingredients. They gave the mixture a lovely pink hue.
Once the cookie were formed and on a pan baking in the oven, she tasted the tea. It was… certainly something. She strained out the mushrooms and nettles, but left in the ethereal poultry. There was the hint of something odd, and she hoped it would grow stronger if it steeped longer. To keep it company she tossed in sticks of cinnamon, star anise, and some ground nutmeg. After further consideration, cloves, ginger, and cardamom joined the brew.
The cookies were beginning to smell incredible so she checked in on them. After deeming them done, she let them cool on a rack.
She tasted the tea again and was fairly pleased, all things considered. The savory elements paired well with the rich spices. It was perhaps more broth than tea, but it certainly wouldn't pair badly with cookies.

She took her work over to the hosts, a large tray with the plate of cookies and several mugs of the tea. She also brought along some sugar with spoons and a small pitcher of milk, just in case. She set it before them, “Here we have fallout whisper sugar cookies. And over here is the, uh, tea. It's got a warm blend of spices, and then uses the other three ingredients. Hopefully a bit of all their flavors shine through. There's milk and sugar if you need to make it more… palatable,” she gave an awkward smile. Hopefully they enjoyed it and didn't see this as a cop out.
Looking for some dragons!futYkXZ.pngw8o0xW1.png
@Mistral Meals General Pinglist

So my weekend has....weirdly imploded in unexpected ways. Thankfully not bad ways but definately "eating up the vast majority of the free time I was planning on having to work on stuff" ways. "Stuff" including catching up on Mistral Meals.

After some consideration, I'm making some slight adjustments to the schedule for Day 6 (currently active at the time of writing this) and Day 7 (to be posted).

Day 6 will wrap up tomorrow as intended, however my update will likely not happen until well past the usual ballpark time frame of 4:00FRT. I will still accept Day 6 entries up until I post the Day 7 update, so if you thought you were going to miss today you still have a chance to get something in!

Day 7 will then run until 21:00FRT on Sunday.

Sorry for the last minute changeup! I probably could have stuck with the regular schedule, but this arrangement will allow me to more easily juggle things (and get some decent shut-eye!), plus gives everyone a bonus of extra time for their last entries!
@Mistral Meals General Pinglist

So my weekend has....weirdly imploded in unexpected ways. Thankfully not bad ways but definately "eating up the vast majority of the free time I was planning on having to work on stuff" ways. "Stuff" including catching up on Mistral Meals.

After some consideration, I'm making some slight adjustments to the schedule for Day 6 (currently active at the time of writing this) and Day 7 (to be posted).

Day 6 will wrap up tomorrow as intended, however my update will likely not happen until well past the usual ballpark time frame of 4:00FRT. I will still accept Day 6 entries up until I post the Day 7 update, so if you thought you were going to miss today you still have a chance to get something in!

Day 7 will then run until 21:00FRT on Sunday.

Sorry for the last minute changeup! I probably could have stuck with the regular schedule, but this arrangement will allow me to more easily juggle things (and get some decent shut-eye!), plus gives everyone a bonus of extra time for their last entries!
tumblr_ntxrqoqrD01sk2f1lo1_500.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/46596][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/466/46596_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][b][font="Century Gothic"][size=7][color="#898d8f"]Mistral Meals - Day 6[/color][/size][/font][/b][/center] Felnyr examined today's ingredients and immediately began to experience intense tugging on his self-control. [item=Incorporeal Dinner][item=Fallout Whisper][item=Black Sea Nettle][item=Dodgy Mushroom] Fallout Whisper? Fallout Whisper!! He'd [i]loved[/i] these as a hatchling! ...He still loved them now. He considered his options: 1. Consume Fallout Whisper. Obtain magic tongue. 2. Consume Fallout Whisper[b]s[/b]. Obtain magic tongue. 3. Consume Fallout Whispers. Obtain magic tongue. Complement magic tongue with other fun costume elements. Sometimes less is more, but not this time! Option 3 was clearly the superior choice. Felnyr took the Dodgy Mushroom and carefully attached it to the top of the Black Sea Nettle so that the skirt hung around the edges of the jellyfish like a veil. Then, using a tool, he removed the stinger and nettles that were still exposed, to make the jellyfish safe to touch. He placed the combined caps on the table. Then, Felnyr detached the drumsticks from the Incorporeal Dinner and set them next to the cap. When he looked for the rest of the body, though, it was now nowhere to be found? Spooky... Well, no mind; Felnyr had gotten what he'd needed. And he still had the best part to look forward to! Felnyr took a handful of the much-anticipated Fallout Whispers and sated his cravings like a glutton. To his glee, his reflection in some of the clean pots nearby revealed that he had indeed obtained a magic glowing tongue. Whee! [item=Incorporeal Dinner][item=Black Sea Nettle][item=Dodgy Mushroom] Without further ado, Felnyr picked up the drumsticks and began to play his Dodgy Sea Nettle drum, sticking out his tongue for good measure. Pity he wasn't a very good singer. Maybe he should commission one of his lairmates to do the vocals for him. They could call their impromptu band Dodgy Dark Ghost Whispers or something. That's how those names usually go, right...? Felnyr made a note to do proper research on this topic later.
46596_350.png
Mistral Meals - Day 6

Felnyr examined today's ingredients and immediately began to experience intense tugging on his self-control.

Incorporeal Dinner Fallout Whisper Black Sea Nettle Dodgy Mushroom

Fallout Whisper? Fallout Whisper!! He'd loved these as a hatchling! ...He still loved them now. He considered his options:

1. Consume Fallout Whisper. Obtain magic tongue.
2. Consume Fallout Whispers. Obtain magic tongue.
3. Consume Fallout Whispers. Obtain magic tongue. Complement magic tongue with other fun costume elements.

Sometimes less is more, but not this time! Option 3 was clearly the superior choice.

Felnyr took the Dodgy Mushroom and carefully attached it to the top of the Black Sea Nettle so that the skirt hung around the edges of the jellyfish like a veil. Then, using a tool, he removed the stinger and nettles that were still exposed, to make the jellyfish safe to touch. He placed the combined caps on the table.

Then, Felnyr detached the drumsticks from the Incorporeal Dinner and set them next to the cap. When he looked for the rest of the body, though, it was now nowhere to be found? Spooky...

Well, no mind; Felnyr had gotten what he'd needed. And he still had the best part to look forward to!

Felnyr took a handful of the much-anticipated Fallout Whispers and sated his cravings like a glutton. To his glee, his reflection in some of the clean pots nearby revealed that he had indeed obtained a magic glowing tongue. Whee!

Incorporeal Dinner Black Sea Nettle Dodgy Mushroom

Without further ado, Felnyr picked up the drumsticks and began to play his Dodgy Sea Nettle drum, sticking out his tongue for good measure. Pity he wasn't a very good singer. Maybe he should commission one of his lairmates to do the vocals for him. They could call their impromptu band Dodgy Dark Ghost Whispers or something. That's how those names usually go, right...? Felnyr made a note to do proper research on this topic later.
Bonsai pixels (tofu and tea motif) by miirshroom
@Eialyne Thanks so much for your hard work running the event, hope you get good rest! :)

Extending the Day 7 deadline will definitely help me, I nearly missed Day 6. ^^;
@Eialyne Thanks so much for your hard work running the event, hope you get good rest! :)

Extending the Day 7 deadline will definitely help me, I nearly missed Day 6. ^^;
Bonsai pixels (tofu and tea motif) by miirshroom
(Oh this one's EVIL, I love it.) [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/56050724][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/560508/56050724_350.png[/img][/url] Zolin looked over at the ingredients as they were announced, then burst out laughing. As she wound down, she looked over at Stelle. "Whew! Oh, good luck, little one!" [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/71008331][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/710084/71008331_350.png[/img][/url] "Any ideas?" Stelle said uneasily, looking at the older dragon. "You're on your own on that one," Zolin said with a smile, returning to her book. [i]So much for her bark being worse than her bite,[/i] Stelle thought ruefully, looking over the ingredients again. Why [i]would[/i] anyone eat these? Sweet Plaguebringer and Shadowbinder. Well, she wasn't going to deal with serving a.. ghost. So that was out. Jellyfish would be her base, then. "Mr. Compote? Can I get some gloves, chili oil, oyster sauce, sugar, and white vinegar?" Jellyfish [i]could[/i] be made into a tasty salad, after all. And she'd just boil the suspect mushrooms a couple of times. And no one had [i]actually[/i] connected magical fallout in the moths to any illnesses, that could just be folklore. Like how some thought that cats stole hatchlings' breath. And, hey, if anyone actually got hurt by it, it wasn't her fault! First was chopping the mushrooms, and starting them to boil. That was easy enough, and they'd need boiled twice anyhow. Just to be safe. And- ah, there were her gloves. She put them on, then got to the task of prepping the jellyfish - she'd just be using the bell, not the tentacles, but it was tough to remove the tentacles without getting stung if one didn't have gloves. She remembered, back when she was a hatchling, a few of her siblings wandering into the driftwood drag, and then getting stung by jellyfish who had washed ashore in a storm. The jellies were already dead, but their stinging tentacles had still functioned - a cruel lesson for young hatchlings, that even the dead could still be dangerous. The tentacles removed, and other less-tasty pieces cut away, she rinsed the bell and then cut it into small strips. Then, in a different pot of boiling water, she blanched them - only for a minute or so, then right into cold water to shock the meat. She returned her attention to the mushrooms, draining the boiling water and starting them to boil a second time in the hopes that any toxins would go with the boiling water (or be broken down by it. Or both. Any exit would be fine, really.) Those done, she chopped the fallout whispers fine, including the wings as a sort of garnish for the dish. She mixed those and the jellyfish while waiting on the mushrooms, and soon they were done too. She rinsed the mushrooms once more (muttering a small prayer that she wouldn't poison the judges), then added those to the mix. Finally, she mixed the chili oil, sesame oil, soy sauce (left over from a previous meal), oyster sauce, white vinegar, and a little bit of sugar into a flavorful sauce, and carefully dribbled it over her mixture. Well, fingers crossed that it was both non-poisonous and tasty - she certainly wasn't going to try any herself!
(Oh this one's EVIL, I love it.)
56050724_350.png
Zolin looked over at the ingredients as they were announced, then burst out laughing. As she wound down, she looked over at Stelle. "Whew! Oh, good luck, little one!"
71008331_350.png
"Any ideas?" Stelle said uneasily, looking at the older dragon.
"You're on your own on that one," Zolin said with a smile, returning to her book.
So much for her bark being worse than her bite, Stelle thought ruefully, looking over the ingredients again. Why would anyone eat these? Sweet Plaguebringer and Shadowbinder.
Well, she wasn't going to deal with serving a.. ghost. So that was out. Jellyfish would be her base, then.
"Mr. Compote? Can I get some gloves, chili oil, oyster sauce, sugar, and white vinegar?"
Jellyfish could be made into a tasty salad, after all. And she'd just boil the suspect mushrooms a couple of times. And no one had actually connected magical fallout in the moths to any illnesses, that could just be folklore. Like how some thought that cats stole hatchlings' breath. And, hey, if anyone actually got hurt by it, it wasn't her fault!
First was chopping the mushrooms, and starting them to boil. That was easy enough, and they'd need boiled twice anyhow. Just to be safe. And- ah, there were her gloves. She put them on, then got to the task of prepping the jellyfish - she'd just be using the bell, not the tentacles, but it was tough to remove the tentacles without getting stung if one didn't have gloves. She remembered, back when she was a hatchling, a few of her siblings wandering into the driftwood drag, and then getting stung by jellyfish who had washed ashore in a storm. The jellies were already dead, but their stinging tentacles had still functioned - a cruel lesson for young hatchlings, that even the dead could still be dangerous.
The tentacles removed, and other less-tasty pieces cut away, she rinsed the bell and then cut it into small strips. Then, in a different pot of boiling water, she blanched them - only for a minute or so, then right into cold water to shock the meat.
She returned her attention to the mushrooms, draining the boiling water and starting them to boil a second time in the hopes that any toxins would go with the boiling water (or be broken down by it. Or both. Any exit would be fine, really.)
Those done, she chopped the fallout whispers fine, including the wings as a sort of garnish for the dish. She mixed those and the jellyfish while waiting on the mushrooms, and soon they were done too. She rinsed the mushrooms once more (muttering a small prayer that she wouldn't poison the judges), then added those to the mix. Finally, she mixed the chili oil, sesame oil, soy sauce (left over from a previous meal), oyster sauce, white vinegar, and a little bit of sugar into a flavorful sauce, and carefully dribbled it over her mixture. Well, fingers crossed that it was both non-poisonous and tasty - she certainly wasn't going to try any herself!
NM0r94k.png Ala3t4v.png
D9xaprH.png
ypcKWM0.png
9R2Unq1.png
nnBylsC.png
ZqTATLu.png
V9BoEMC.png
5hF3FGk.png
7UXlQKU.gif
q9EEy5M.png
878OlvW.png
[center][font=georgia][size=6][b]-Day 6-[/b][/size] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/93125994][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=93125994&skin=0&apparel=12270,291,293,294,32686,45180,32687,32688,32691,32690&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center][rule][font=georgia] A new dragon stepped up to the ingredient table and introduced himself as Dalren, one of two seers in their village. He explained that Sherburst couldn't make it that day due to "unforeseen circumstances" which is.. ironic considering his occupation. [center][font=georgia][item=Incorporeal Dinner][item=Fallout Whisper][item=Dodgy Mushroom] Incorporeal Dinner / Fallout Whisper / Dodgy Mushroom[/center][font=georgia] Dalren had a different cooking style compared to Sherburst, due to the meat already being cooked he went ahead and started plating with the other ingredients. The guardian delicately tore light holes in the bird to place Fallout Whisper wings within, making it look like the meat had dozens of wings sprouting from it. Around the meat, he decorated the plate with Dodgy Mushrooms, tearing off bits and pieces to give it a bit of.. variety, as he called it. Dalren put his creation forward, titling it "[b]Fallout: Nuclear Wings.[/b]"
-Day 6-
dragon?did=93125994&skin=0&apparel=12270,291,293,294,32686,45180,32687,32688,32691,32690&xt=dressing.png

A new dragon stepped up to the ingredient table and introduced himself as Dalren, one of two seers in their village. He explained that Sherburst couldn't make it that day due to "unforeseen circumstances" which is.. ironic considering his occupation.
Incorporeal Dinner Fallout Whisper Dodgy Mushroom
Incorporeal Dinner / Fallout Whisper / Dodgy Mushroom

Dalren had a different cooking style compared to Sherburst, due to the meat already being cooked he went ahead and started plating with the other ingredients. The guardian delicately tore light holes in the bird to place Fallout Whisper wings within, making it look like the meat had dozens of wings sprouting from it. Around the meat, he decorated the plate with Dodgy Mushrooms, tearing off bits and pieces to give it a bit of.. variety, as he called it.

Dalren put his creation forward, titling it "Fallout: Nuclear Wings."

o2nagQx.png
mlHpBMC.png

FObX7rS.png
EEEEE
Formally DrShadowCipher
- When using for art games please use scries of my dragons!
- Badge Addict
EEEEE T8jnlRr.jpg
[b]Incorporeal Dinner / [s]Fallout Whisper[/s] / Black Sea Nettle / Dodgy Mushroom[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70169796][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/701698/70169796_350.png[/img][/url] Fen (by now you've seen the small veilspun around on each day, so it's no surprise to see him again) rushes to make the deadline. "Oh dear, today I fell asleep. I'm a tad late with the submission!" He throws the black sea nettle into a tub for washing, then separates the bell from the body. "The legs on this one are very painfully too eat, so essentially they are useless for our dish!" He splits up the bell by splitting it apart horizontally into the larger upper part and the smaller lower neck part. "Due to the high water content, these are usually dried slowly for longer storage, but we're cooking them immediately, so salt them well and place them on a rack in the oven at 100C. Don't forget to place a tray or bowl below!" - He takes out the incorporal dinner, squinting at the poultry. He adds salt to make it briefly corporeal, but the body poofs out of existence. Fen sighs and takes out a chicken, removing the meat from the thighs and legs and adding it into a bowl with 1 spoon of soy sauce, a spoon of shaoxing wine and a spoon of cornstarch. Adding another bowl, he starts mixing a sauce. "Three spoons of oyster sauce, two spoons of soy sauce, two spoons of shaoxing wine, half a spoon of sugar, two teaspoons of cornstarch, a teaspoon of ginger, garlic and cayenne pepper. Let this sit for 15 minutes" - He washes his hands. "Now, let's start up the rice. Wash and drain, then set to cook! Then move on and cut up the mushrooms, then mince two cloves of garlic, two cloves and two green onions." - He heats up the wok, adds a dash of oil to the pan, then adds chicken in batches to sear until both sides are golden brown. Then the takes out the chicken and adds oil and mushrooms, works them until the water evaporates, then adds bamboo shoots, garlic, ginger, onion before he removes the mixture. "Now add the sauce to the pan with the chicken and mushroom, then taken out the jellyfish and add that too and stir fry the bunch. Serve over hot rice. Enjoy!"
Incorporeal Dinner / Fallout Whisper / Black Sea Nettle / Dodgy Mushroom

70169796_350.png

Fen (by now you've seen the small veilspun around on each day, so it's no surprise to see him again) rushes to make the deadline.

"Oh dear, today I fell asleep. I'm a tad late with the submission!"

He throws the black sea nettle into a tub for washing, then separates the bell from the body.

"The legs on this one are very painfully too eat, so essentially they are useless for our dish!"

He splits up the bell by splitting it apart horizontally into the larger upper part and the smaller lower neck part.

"Due to the high water content, these are usually dried slowly for longer storage, but we're cooking them immediately, so salt them well and place them on a rack in the oven at 100C. Don't forget to place a tray or bowl below!"

-

He takes out the incorporal dinner, squinting at the poultry. He adds salt to make it briefly corporeal, but the body poofs out of existence. Fen sighs and takes out a chicken, removing the meat from the thighs and legs and adding it into a bowl with 1 spoon of soy sauce, a spoon of shaoxing wine and a spoon of cornstarch.

Adding another bowl, he starts mixing a sauce.

"Three spoons of oyster sauce, two spoons of soy sauce, two spoons of shaoxing wine, half a spoon of sugar, two teaspoons of cornstarch, a teaspoon of ginger, garlic and cayenne pepper. Let this sit for 15 minutes"

-

He washes his hands.

"Now, let's start up the rice. Wash and drain, then set to cook! Then move on and cut up the mushrooms, then mince two cloves of garlic, two cloves and two green onions."

-

He heats up the wok, adds a dash of oil to the pan, then adds chicken in batches to sear until both sides are golden brown. Then the takes out the chicken and adds oil and mushrooms, works them until the water evaporates, then adds bamboo shoots, garlic, ginger, onion before he removes the mixture.

"Now add the sauce to the pan with the chicken and mushroom, then taken out the jellyfish and add that too and stir fry the bunch. Serve over hot rice. Enjoy!"
Duanwu will shamelessly eat your likes. Art by celaine.
Some day, there will be art here.
Wishlist | Lore [WIP] | Gallery | Archive
G1 sales thread here.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Harvest RaffleKeikoKat's Raffe
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[center][b][u]Day 6[/u][/b][/center] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/13915527][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/139156/13915527_350.png[/img][/url] There was no end to the odd ingredients that the Mistrial Meals staff would throw together. This had to be one of the worst sets ever given in it's history. He groaned inwardly as he evaluated his choices with a critical eye. Finally he grabbed the dodgy mushrooms, fallout whispers, and the black sea nettle. He would make a jellyfish ramen. He pulled the stinging tentacles away with thick gloves and then prepared the rest of the jellyfish by cutting it up and tossing it in the pot of his broth so that the jellyfish had plenty of time to absorb the flavor. The male Pearlcatcher added carrots, several different mushroom species including the dodgy mushrooms. The fallout whispers he placed on a baking sheet and had them toasting. He ladled the ramen into bowls and added an egg steeped in tea, cut in half, tofu flowers, steamed bok choy and some nori flakes. On top he placed the roasted butterfly. It wasn't his finest, the fallout whispers were a little extra crispy but he knew the broth was on point.
Day 6

13915527_350.png

There was no end to the odd ingredients that the Mistrial Meals staff would throw together. This had to be one of the worst sets ever given in it's history. He groaned inwardly as he evaluated his choices with a critical eye. Finally he grabbed the dodgy mushrooms, fallout whispers, and the black sea nettle. He would make a jellyfish ramen.

He pulled the stinging tentacles away with thick gloves and then prepared the rest of the jellyfish by cutting it up and tossing it in the pot of his broth so that the jellyfish had plenty of time to absorb the flavor. The male Pearlcatcher added carrots, several different mushroom species including the dodgy mushrooms. The fallout whispers he placed on a baking sheet and had them toasting.

He ladled the ramen into bowls and added an egg steeped in tea, cut in half, tofu flowers, steamed bok choy and some nori flakes. On top he placed the roasted butterfly. It wasn't his finest, the fallout whispers were a little extra crispy but he knew the broth was on point.
tXKbExw.pngCinnamonThief
[i]Are these even really edible?[/i] Jin wonders. Then again, was she one to talk, given the [i]things[/i] she regularly harvested from the Forbidden Portal? [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/84329917][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/843300/84329917_350.png[/img][/url][/center] If this was what she had to work with, then perhaps it was time to throw caution to the winds and just focus on presentation. Jin parboils the [b]Dodgy Mushrooms[/b] to remove their possible toxins, then separates the nets from the caps and sets them aside. The [b]Black Sea Nettle[/b] receives much the same treatment. Next she takes the [b]Incorporeal Dinner[/b], the most edible item of the set, and shreds the meat. It's re-seasoned and combined with mayonnaise, mustard, green onions, diced Dodgy Mushroom caps, & chopped pickled ghost peppers (the spookiest kind!) to make a turkey salad. Jin finds a day-old baguette in the kitchen's pantry, slices it thinly, butters each slice, and toasts those too. Now for the arrangement. A Dodgy Mushroom net and Black Sea Nettle tentacle rest delicately on each toasted slice; a careful dollop of the Incorporeal Dinner salad mixture secures them in place. The [b]Fallout Whispers[/b] are too fragile (and too beautiful) to take apart, so Jin simply coats each one in a sugar glaze as a garnish. There! The perfect(ly normal and unsuspicious) party appetizer!
Are these even really edible? Jin wonders. Then again, was she one to talk, given the things she regularly harvested from the Forbidden Portal?
84329917_350.png

If this was what she had to work with, then perhaps it was time to throw caution to the winds and just focus on presentation.

Jin parboils the Dodgy Mushrooms to remove their possible toxins, then separates the nets from the caps and sets them aside. The Black Sea Nettle receives much the same treatment. Next she takes the Incorporeal Dinner, the most edible item of the set, and shreds the meat. It's re-seasoned and combined with mayonnaise, mustard, green onions, diced Dodgy Mushroom caps, & chopped pickled ghost peppers (the spookiest kind!) to make a turkey salad. Jin finds a day-old baguette in the kitchen's pantry, slices it thinly, butters each slice, and toasts those too.

Now for the arrangement. A Dodgy Mushroom net and Black Sea Nettle tentacle rest delicately on each toasted slice; a careful dollop of the Incorporeal Dinner salad mixture secures them in place. The Fallout Whispers are too fragile (and too beautiful) to take apart, so Jin simply coats each one in a sugar glaze as a garnish. There! The perfect(ly normal and unsuspicious) party appetizer!
zqDx8gm.png
[b][center]Day 6[/center][/b] [quote]Use three of the four ingredients [item=incorporeal dinner][item=fallout whisper][item=Black Sea nettle][item=dodgy mushroom][/quote] [b] Black Sea Nettle and Mushroom Spinach Salad[/b] Entry for day 6 Winona and Moonfrost could not believe what the challenge ingredients were today. Who wants to chase down a ghostly turkey, bad enough there was the Black Sea Nettle in the mix! They talk about just skipping the day, but they really couldn't after missing a few days already, so they decide to just get on with it. Back to their work area they will not use the incorporeal dinner but the other three and of course they will use Winona's cookbook! After all that time on the Tenacity sailing around the Sea of a Thousand Currents she has a whole treasure trove of recipes they can use. They decide to make a Black Sea Nettle and Mushroom Spinach Salad. Perfect they both agree! Winona takes the nettle and begins cleaning the monstrous seafood. They just grow so large we only need one Winona tells Moonfrost. Perfect! Agrees Moonfrost. Moonfrost takes the dodgy mushrooms and spies the sour spinach over in the pantry area where other ingredients you can use are kept. She begins sautéing the dodgy mushrooms in a butter and champagne mixture and sautés lightly just long enough for the mushrooms to perk up a bit. Then she fries some pork pieces that will be perfect to wilt the spinach. Once that is done she is expecting Winona to have the nettle ready, but she appears to still be cleaning and hasn't even started it to be ready to sauté! Winona! What is taking so long? Moonfrost asks. Winona is very exasperated trying to wrangle this item and now she has to answer questions too? It won't stay in one place long enough! She snaps. Moonfrost grabs another pair of heavy gloves to avoid being stung and holds the tendrils coming out from under the large bell that appears to be 4 feet in diameter! Really Moonfrost I don't need your help, she snaps even more tensely! "Okay" says Moonfrost as she begins taking her gloves off and walking away. "Where are you going?" Shouts Winona, get back here and put your gloves back on!" Moonfrost simply walks back and has her gloves still on. While holding down numerous tendrils Winona has been able to completely clean the dome and has cut away the tendrils that have been hanging on for dear life, to no avail. Moonfrost asks if she needs any more help with the seafood and Winona is almost finished cutting the item into the thin strips needed to fit in the waiting sauté pan. Moonfrost lays out the wilted sour spinach and lays some dodgy mushrooms down. Winona brings over the beautifully prepared Black Sea Nettle and begins placing it down while alternating with the dodgy mushrooms. Once that is finished Moonfrost has her pork pieces warm again and sprinkles them across the spinach salad with the sautéed Fallout Whisper. Looking at their creation they decide this was definitely the perfect choice!
Day 6

Quote:
Use three of the four ingredients

Incorporeal Dinner Fallout Whisper Black Sea Nettle Dodgy Mushroom

Black Sea Nettle and Mushroom Spinach Salad
Entry for day 6

Winona and Moonfrost could not believe what the challenge ingredients were today. Who wants to chase down a ghostly turkey, bad enough there was the Black Sea Nettle in the mix!

They talk about just skipping the day, but they really couldn't after missing a few days already, so they decide to just get on with it. Back to their work area they will not use the incorporeal dinner but the other three and of course they will use Winona's cookbook! After all that time on the Tenacity sailing around the Sea of a Thousand Currents she has a whole treasure trove of recipes they can use. They decide to make a Black Sea Nettle and Mushroom Spinach Salad. Perfect they both agree!

Winona takes the nettle and begins cleaning the monstrous seafood. They just grow so large we only need one Winona tells Moonfrost. Perfect! Agrees Moonfrost. Moonfrost takes the dodgy mushrooms and spies the sour spinach over in the pantry area where other ingredients you can use are kept. She begins sautéing the dodgy mushrooms in a butter and champagne mixture and sautés lightly just long enough for the mushrooms to perk up a bit. Then she fries some pork pieces that will be perfect to wilt the spinach. Once that is done she is expecting Winona to have the nettle ready, but she appears to still be cleaning and hasn't even started it to be ready to sauté! Winona! What is taking so long? Moonfrost asks. Winona is very exasperated trying to wrangle this item and now she has to answer questions too? It won't stay in one place long enough! She snaps.

Moonfrost grabs another pair of heavy gloves to avoid being stung and holds the tendrils coming out from under the large bell that appears to be 4 feet in diameter! Really Moonfrost I don't need your help, she snaps even more tensely! "Okay" says Moonfrost as she begins taking her gloves off and walking away. "Where are you going?" Shouts Winona, get back here and put your gloves back on!" Moonfrost simply walks back and has her gloves still on. While holding down numerous tendrils Winona has been able to completely clean the dome and has cut away the tendrils that have been hanging on for dear life, to no avail. Moonfrost asks if she needs any more help with the seafood and Winona is almost finished cutting the item into the thin strips needed to fit in the waiting sauté pan.

Moonfrost lays out the wilted sour spinach and lays some dodgy mushrooms down. Winona brings over the beautifully prepared Black Sea Nettle and begins placing it down while alternating with the dodgy mushrooms. Once that is finished Moonfrost has her pork pieces warm again and sprinkles them across the spinach salad with the sautéed Fallout Whisper.

Looking at their creation they decide this was definitely the perfect choice!
XdA0BPq.png
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 23 24