Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | One of the Roundsey dragons changed
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
[quote name="Kuroikumo" date="2024-02-21 15:59:50" ] [quote name="Wisdum" date="2024-02-21 15:57:26" ] I feel bad that people complained their way to getting this back, probably stressing them out, but at the same time it definitely is a good thing that the community isn't afraid to speak their mind and the staff is very accepting and listening. Thank you FR staff! \o/ [/quote] to be fair, its not like there was another way to do it. if people don't speak up when there's an issue then how can staff know what the userbase is feeling? i agree that its good both that the community speaks up and that staff is pretty good about listening. [/quote] yeah, unfortunately without feedback, things would never change (for better or worse, depending on the situation!). i wouldn't call it "complaining things back" to how they were -- a lot of people spent money on some of their dragons, and to have things changed so drastically, especially when it looked fine the way it was, understandably upset those people. i am very, [i]very[/i] thankful that FR staff is so very willing to talk things out amongst the community and take feedback into consideration. there are a lot of sites that just... don't do that, ever, even when they claim they will and do. (i'm just going to gesture at tumblr, and leave it at that.)
Kuroikumo wrote on 2024-02-21 15:59:50:
Wisdum wrote on 2024-02-21 15:57:26:
I feel bad that people complained their way to getting this back, probably stressing them out, but at the same time it definitely is a good thing that the community isn't afraid to speak their mind and the staff is very accepting and listening. Thank you FR staff! \o/

to be fair, its not like there was another way to do it. if people don't speak up when there's an issue then how can staff know what the userbase is feeling?

i agree that its good both that the community speaks up and that staff is pretty good about listening.
yeah, unfortunately without feedback, things would never change (for better or worse, depending on the situation!). i wouldn't call it "complaining things back" to how they were -- a lot of people spent money on some of their dragons, and to have things changed so drastically, especially when it looked fine the way it was, understandably upset those people.

i am very, very thankful that FR staff is so very willing to talk things out amongst the community and take feedback into consideration. there are a lot of sites that just... don't do that, ever, even when they claim they will and do. (i'm just going to gesture at tumblr, and leave it at that.)
N i c k
"Fear not the night."
→ he/him
dd9d37c13149d4412f933c2662309cbb42245e81.png
Adding my thanks to all of this, especially that there's a concrete plan for the future. I'm the type of person who appreciates not promises, but steps someone is going to take to keep that promise. It really is heartening to hear those concrete steps.
Adding my thanks to all of this, especially that there's a concrete plan for the future. I'm the type of person who appreciates not promises, but steps someone is going to take to keep that promise. It really is heartening to hear those concrete steps.
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
The announcement is a relief. Thank you to staff for listening!
The announcement is a relief. Thank you to staff for listening!
@Narinder the current tumblr drama (not to mention the CEO's behavior) is so terrible!! very grateful for the FR devs today lol
@Narinder the current tumblr drama (not to mention the CEO's behavior) is so terrible!! very grateful for the FR devs today lol
[quote name="Narinder" date="2024-02-21 16:13:43" ] [quote name="Kuroikumo" date="2024-02-21 15:59:50" ] [quote name="Wisdum" date="2024-02-21 15:57:26" ] I feel bad that people complained their way to getting this back, probably stressing them out, but at the same time it definitely is a good thing that the community isn't afraid to speak their mind and the staff is very accepting and listening. Thank you FR staff! \o/ [/quote] to be fair, its not like there was another way to do it. if people don't speak up when there's an issue then how can staff know what the userbase is feeling? i agree that its good both that the community speaks up and that staff is pretty good about listening. [/quote] yeah, unfortunately without feedback, things would never change (for better or worse, depending on the situation!). i wouldn't call it "complaining things back" to how they were -- a lot of people spent money on some of their dragons, and to have things changed so drastically, especially when it looked fine the way it was, understandably upset those people. i am very, [i]very[/i] thankful that FR staff is so very willing to talk things out amongst the community and take feedback into consideration. there are a lot of sites that just... don't do that, ever, even when they claim they will and do. (i'm just going to gesture at tumblr, and leave it at that.) [/quote] I mean yeah, that is true. But I guess my issue is when some people are just like "how dare you >:(" and that's that. Like, they had a reason for initially making the change, and some people get mad when games try to change things (very prevelant in the suggestion forums imo). While in general it wasn't necessarily complaining, there were definitely people who were just complaining. Also, I feel like saying that people paid for that is a little [i]ehhhh[/i] here. I mean the whole sandsurge thing yeah, tmp and all that. But fern/paisley were free genes, they don't cost much on the ah. Idk, I could be completely wrong for/about all of this. It's just my two cents.
Narinder wrote on 2024-02-21 16:13:43:
I feel bad that people complained their way to getting this back, probably stressing them out, but at the same time it definitely is a good thing that the community isn't afraid to speak their mind and the staff is very accepting and listening. Thank you FR staff! \o/

to be fair, its not like there was another way to do it. if people don't speak up when there's an issue then how can staff know what the userbase is feeling?

i agree that its good both that the community speaks up and that staff is pretty good about listening.
yeah, unfortunately without feedback, things would never change (for better or worse, depending on the situation!). i wouldn't call it "complaining things back" to how they were -- a lot of people spent money on some of their dragons, and to have things changed so drastically, especially when it looked fine the way it was, understandably upset those people.

i am very, very thankful that FR staff is so very willing to talk things out amongst the community and take feedback into consideration. there are a lot of sites that just... don't do that, ever, even when they claim they will and do. (i'm just going to gesture at tumblr, and leave it at that.)
I mean yeah, that is true. But I guess my issue is when some people are just like "how dare you >:(" and that's that. Like, they had a reason for initially making the change, and some people get mad when games try to change things (very prevelant in the suggestion forums imo). While in general it wasn't necessarily complaining, there were definitely people who were just complaining.

Also, I feel like saying that people paid for that is a little ehhhh here. I mean the whole sandsurge thing yeah, tmp and all that. But fern/paisley were free genes, they don't cost much on the ah.

Idk, I could be completely wrong for/about all of this. It's just my two cents.
1RsBrUA.pngu0zgn1V.pngWFhlmNb.pngOVImhZU.pngBCSOpq7.png
Great announcement! Does a lot to address everyone's concerns & seems like a pretty solid, comprehensive solutions to the underlying problems. Definitely appreciated.

...Although, I have to say a lot of the player stress could have been at least smoothed over a little with a preliminary "We're working on it" type announcement. It's good to know they weren't ignoring us but in the moment... we didn't have a ton of evidence to the contrary. A little communication goes a long way.

Still -- sincere props to staff for getting a such a comprehensive solution together. I am very pleased here.
Great announcement! Does a lot to address everyone's concerns & seems like a pretty solid, comprehensive solutions to the underlying problems. Definitely appreciated.

...Although, I have to say a lot of the player stress could have been at least smoothed over a little with a preliminary "We're working on it" type announcement. It's good to know they weren't ignoring us but in the moment... we didn't have a ton of evidence to the contrary. A little communication goes a long way.

Still -- sincere props to staff for getting a such a comprehensive solution together. I am very pleased here.
Light-Network.png
[quote name="Wisdum" date="2024-02-21 16:23:29" ] [quote name="Narinder" date="2024-02-21 16:13:43" ] [quote name="Kuroikumo" date="2024-02-21 15:59:50" ] [quote name="Wisdum" date="2024-02-21 15:57:26" ] I feel bad that people complained their way to getting this back, probably stressing them out, but at the same time it definitely is a good thing that the community isn't afraid to speak their mind and the staff is very accepting and listening. Thank you FR staff! \o/ [/quote] to be fair, its not like there was another way to do it. if people don't speak up when there's an issue then how can staff know what the userbase is feeling? i agree that its good both that the community speaks up and that staff is pretty good about listening. [/quote] yeah, unfortunately without feedback, things would never change (for better or worse, depending on the situation!). i wouldn't call it "complaining things back" to how they were -- a lot of people spent money on some of their dragons, and to have things changed so drastically, especially when it looked fine the way it was, understandably upset those people. i am very, [i]very[/i] thankful that FR staff is so very willing to talk things out amongst the community and take feedback into consideration. there are a lot of sites that just... don't do that, ever, even when they claim they will and do. (i'm just going to gesture at tumblr, and leave it at that.) [/quote] I mean yeah, that is true. But I guess my issue is when some people are just like "how dare you >:(" and that's that. Like, they had a reason for initially making the change, and some people get mad when games try to change things (very prevelant in the suggestion forums imo). While in general it wasn't necessarily complaining, there were definitely people who were just complaining. Also, I feel like saying that people paid for that is a little [i]ehhhh[/i] here. I mean the whole sandsurge thing yeah, tmp and all that. But fern/paisley were free genes, they don't cost much on the ah. Idk, I could be completely wrong for/about all of this. It's just my two cents. [/quote] I think with Fern/Paisley the thing to consider is less those genes and their non-existent cost, and more the cost of everything else those dragons have to specificly work with especially Paisley. There have been many examples of dragons in this and the other threads that only look good with the very specific combination of old Paisley's top wing sheen / color gradient. The other genes in use can be gem genes, and often g1s and skins are included.
Wisdum wrote on 2024-02-21 16:23:29:
Narinder wrote on 2024-02-21 16:13:43:

I mean yeah, that is true. But I guess my issue is when some people are just like "how dare you >:(" and that's that. Like, they had a reason for initially making the change, and some people get mad when games try to change things (very prevelant in the suggestion forums imo). While in general it wasn't necessarily complaining, there were definitely people who were just complaining.

Also, I feel like saying that people paid for that is a little ehhhh here. I mean the whole sandsurge thing yeah, tmp and all that. But fern/paisley were free genes, they don't cost much on the ah.

Idk, I could be completely wrong for/about all of this. It's just my two cents.

I think with Fern/Paisley the thing to consider is less those genes and their non-existent cost, and more the cost of everything else those dragons have to specificly work with especially Paisley. There have been many examples of dragons in this and the other threads that only look good with the very specific combination of old Paisley's top wing sheen / color gradient. The other genes in use can be gem genes, and often g1s and skins are included.
rI2B9a8.png
[quote name="Wisdum" date="2024-02-21 16:23:29" ] Also, I feel like saying that people paid for that is a little [i]ehhhh[/i] here. I mean the whole sandsurge thing yeah, tmp and all that. But fern/paisley were free genes, they don't cost much on the ah. [/quote] i was considering more the gen1s and UMAs that people bought specifically to compliment the paisley but yeah, outside of those, there wasn't deliberately-needed money spent (other than treasure for the breed changes). [emoji=coatl tongue size=1]
Wisdum wrote on 2024-02-21 16:23:29:
i was considering more the gen1s and UMAs that people bought specifically to compliment the paisley but yeah, outside of those, there wasn't deliberately-needed money spent (other than treasure for the breed changes).
N i c k
"Fear not the night."
→ he/him
dd9d37c13149d4412f933c2662309cbb42245e81.png
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16