Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | One of the Roundsey dragons changed
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16
I don't have pictures but the Auraboa looks different and honestly worse :/ Sucks for the people who dumped a lot of tickets in for that dragon specifically
I don't have pictures but the Auraboa looks different and honestly worse :/ Sucks for the people who dumped a lot of tickets in for that dragon specifically
wU5i5vK.gif |
|
|
Intricate Illustrations (my art shop) |
|
|
YOJnt9s.png
I recall reading that Fern was "bugged" on Auraboas upon release, so looks like that's been fixed? I see threads about it in the Suggestions forum, so hopefully we'll get an officially update post about it soon. EDIT - examples of the change from one of the suggestion threads (look at the "top" of the main wings). EDIT 2 - Someone supplied the actual old/new pics later in the thread, so editing it here for visibility as my example was causing confusion. [quote name="RuthlessCata" date="2024-02-19 12:32:22" ] Since this thread is about the dragon in Roundsey this week but I haven't seen examples of that particular dragon posted yet, here is a comparison for anyone new to the situation. This is how the dragon offered in Roundsey looked before the change: [center][img]http://www.crossed-paths.com/flightrising/roundsyboa.png[/img][/center] Here is how it looks after the change that went in on February 18 ([url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/bug/3289327/2#post_56213327]auraboa gene error thread link[/url]) [center][img]http://www.crossed-paths.com/flightrising/roundsyboachange.png[/img][/center] [/quote]
I recall reading that Fern was "bugged" on Auraboas upon release, so looks like that's been fixed? I see threads about it in the Suggestions forum, so hopefully we'll get an officially update post about it soon.

EDIT - examples of the change from one of the suggestion threads (look at the "top" of the main wings). EDIT 2 - Someone supplied the actual old/new pics later in the thread, so editing it here for visibility as my example was causing confusion.
RuthlessCata wrote on 2024-02-19 12:32:22:
Since this thread is about the dragon in Roundsey this week but I haven't seen examples of that particular dragon posted yet, here is a comparison for anyone new to the situation.

This is how the dragon offered in Roundsey looked before the change:
roundsyboa.png

Here is how it looks after the change that went in on February 18 (auraboa gene error thread link)
roundsyboachange.png
♥loveyourself♥
1t4XtaG.png
cRHDWyx.png
EIm5dF9.png
tumblr_inline_p81uu9TKgf1tsrqpm_75sq.gif
ll0CfnD.png
Nf8E9Zp.png
QOzSXsE.png
2ou3Y3v.png
♥lovenature♥
yes, Aura Paisley just got nuked for 'consistency.' and I am very upset because it ruined one of my G1s... she did have a gorgeous black sheen on the top half of her wings that made her look just like a raven in a pumpkin patch. i am so upset and trying not to cry tbh, I was also going to put a bunch of tickets in for that Aura but something told be to hold off... tbh I hardly see the point in having different breeds if they aren't allowed to be different. and it's not like I didn't wait to get into the breed. I only just very recently did. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/90762457][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/907625/90762457_350.png[/img][/url]
yes, Aura Paisley just got nuked for 'consistency.' and I am very upset because it ruined one of my G1s... she did have a gorgeous black sheen on the top half of her wings that made her look just like a raven in a pumpkin patch. i am so upset and trying not to cry tbh, I was also going to put a bunch of tickets in for that Aura but something told be to hold off... tbh I hardly see the point in having different breeds if they aren't allowed to be different. and it's not like I didn't wait to get into the breed. I only just very recently did.
90762457_350.png
__________________My Random Progen, Faendal Avatar Dragon
Dragonsona
Hatchery
Autumncore
I enjoy being pinged :) I also like Stars on my dragons!
My Custom Progen, Iselene
Omg is true, I must said I prefer the older version of the gene, It was way much prettier t.t
Omg is true, I must said I prefer the older version of the gene, It was way much prettier t.t
5a066ddb322c44953d878c49e7978a00895ca735.png
Oh gee, old paisley looks way better on the auroboas! D: I feel like what looks better should trumps consistency particularly in this case where it's not necessarily inconsistent, it's just how it has been adapted to the breed.

It looks too busy and lacks definition now. I don't know why anyone would suggest for this change.
Oh gee, old paisley looks way better on the auroboas! D: I feel like what looks better should trumps consistency particularly in this case where it's not necessarily inconsistent, it's just how it has been adapted to the breed.

It looks too busy and lacks definition now. I don't know why anyone would suggest for this change.
FObX7rS.png
Nooo dang it. I loved the old look so much and had a plan for my G1 involving it. Going to have to figure out a different secondary or whole plan now. Sucks that I paid a lot for the dragon itself, but at least it's a nice combo and I can always gene it outside an Auraboa. Just sucks for other users that already gened up their dragons completely, at least Paisley itself is dirt cheap.
Nooo dang it. I loved the old look so much and had a plan for my G1 involving it. Going to have to figure out a different secondary or whole plan now. Sucks that I paid a lot for the dragon itself, but at least it's a nice combo and I can always gene it outside an Auraboa. Just sucks for other users that already gened up their dragons completely, at least Paisley itself is dirt cheap.
bantam-Fanger.png
NefariousKing #221629

FR+2 | Bestiary Completionist
small dragon banner by Caprexes
Yeah, I feel like this is probably going to become another Obelisk Flair situation
Yeah, I feel like this is probably going to become another Obelisk Flair situation
J7D1quC.png
ll0CfnD.png
7ophKeo.png
qLsXWsx.png
FObX7rS.png
It was a shock to me too, I woke up this morning and suddenly dragons are looking SO different, like how was anybody supposed to know this was gonna happen unless they were stalking the bug report forums,,

It's a real shame, I had the most perfect scry and now I don't even want to touch Paisley, it was so pretty and unique on Auraboas, but now it looks like the pattern was just printed onto the wings like a sheet of paper, no dimensions accounted for...

There's a thread talking about reverting the changes here if you want to voice your opinion further!
It was a shock to me too, I woke up this morning and suddenly dragons are looking SO different, like how was anybody supposed to know this was gonna happen unless they were stalking the bug report forums,,

It's a real shame, I had the most perfect scry and now I don't even want to touch Paisley, it was so pretty and unique on Auraboas, but now it looks like the pattern was just printed onto the wings like a sheet of paper, no dimensions accounted for...

There's a thread talking about reverting the changes here if you want to voice your opinion further!
01547b70441cd57956c9fa35703052f03d2c34b2.png _ LP/Parade
She/Her
FR+3

Skin Shop
Art Shop
Free Likes
Bounties
__ LittleParade.gif _
if i had a nickel for everytime a gene was changed without prior notice for the sake of ""consistency"" i would have a few nickels.
if i had a nickel for everytime a gene was changed without prior notice for the sake of ""consistency"" i would have a few nickels.
she/her
autistic
ping pls
fr+8
Oh that's a shame... the old version DID look nicer. We already have Obes w/their different flaunt/flair or whatever, why not let Auras have this too?
Oh that's a shame... the old version DID look nicer. We already have Obes w/their different flaunt/flair or whatever, why not let Auras have this too?
66999666.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16